Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 13, 2017, 12:26:40 PM
Canderella has 15678.4 gold. She's going to donate it to Jaela and Hanna, with the request they buy something useful for 27 with it. No sense in the useful prophet slaad thing dying because it doesn't have good gear.

Let's sink it into a ring of protection +X for 27. Can 27 use rings? If not, what items can he use and what would the price increase modifier be for that?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Adrian has 37536 gold.

He spends 7875 gold on boosting his cloak of resistance part of his cloak from +2 to +5. 29661 gold left. He'll then spend 11000 to boost his armor's enhancement bonus to +7 18661 gold left. An amulet of natural armor+5 follows next, leaving him with 6161 gold. Next up is a dusty rose ioun stone for +1 insight to AC. 4911 gold left.

2000 of that goes to the Aurora fund, 2911 goes to Afina's golem slush fund.

Cloak Math: [spoiler]

> roll 21000/2
<Rei-chan> Tiny_Ko_Army rolled : 21000/2 --> {10500}
> roll 21000+10500
<Rei-chan> Tiny_Ko_Army rolled : 21000+10500 --> {31500}
> roll 31500/4
<Rei-chan> Tiny_Ko_Army rolled : 31500/4 --> {7875}
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 13, 2017, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 13, 2017, 12:26:40 PM
Canderella has 15678.4 gold. She's going to donate it to Jaela and Hanna, with the request they buy something useful for 27 with it. No sense in the useful prophet slaad thing dying because it doesn't have good gear.

Let's sink it into a ring of protection +X for 27. Can 27 use rings? If not, what items can he use and what would the price increase modifier be for that?

He could, but two things.

1: Armor Class: 76 (-1 size, +11 dex, +32 natural, +24 armor, +1 dodge)

2: He can use cloak of chaos at will for +4 deflection.

Probably not the path he needs boosting on. I'd suggest saves instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 13, 2017, 01:43:27 PM
He could, but two things.

1: Armor Class: 76 (-1 size, +11 dex, +32 natural, +24 armor, +1 dodge)

2: He can use cloak of chaos at will for +4 deflection.

Probably not the path he needs boosting on. I'd suggest saves instead.

You'll not very little of that AC is touch, which deflection is. Then again, it'd be pricey to get us there and he's the customer so I don't really care to argue. Cloak of Resistance +8 [16,000gp/64,000gp] it is.

15678.4gp from Candy and Jaela adds 321.6gp.

Jaela's FUNDS: 3,496.17gp - 321.6gp = 3,175.57gp
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Dana has 24950.83 gold. She'll pay 18750 to boost her dusty rose ioun stone to +4. That leaves her with 6200.83 gold. She donates it to Tryll, since psionic shit is hard to find and fucking expensive, so she fucking gets it. Buy now while Hamogan's here since shit won't last forever.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

NOW HEAR THIS!

THE MAGNIFICENT BALERUK, ABSOLUTE SOVEREIGN OF RAINBOWS AND ONCE AND FUTURE RULER OF ALL DRACONIC COLORS HAS POWERFUL, SPECIAL WRITINGS IN HIS HOARD. HE OFFERS THEM TO ANY ARCANE CASTER IN AURORA, ALL FOR A TOKEN DONATION OF 8 GOLD COINS TO BALERUK'S ENDLESS AND VAST HOARD.

THEY ARE:

21 levels worth of divine spells converted to arcane spells: Aid, Holy Aura, Holy Smite, Holy Word. Medi spent a lot of time researching magic and made several potent breakthroughs. They've been lost to the ages, but these conversions survive. This is similar to Ebony's training as an Exalted Arcanist, but the spells can be used by any arcane caster.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ebony has 118275 gold. She's going to donate 70000 gold to the Aurora fund. She has 48275 gold left. She donates that to Sylica and the Church of Alicia and Syala. She's done.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 13, 2017, 01:57:15 PM
Dana has 24950.83 gold. She'll pay 18750 to boost her dusty rose ioun stone to +4. That leaves her with 6200.83 gold. She donates it to Tryll, since psionic shit is hard to find and fucking expensive, so she fucking gets it. Buy now while Hamogan's here since shit won't last forever.

Tryll thanks Dana for her kind gesture.

Calleigh steals Dana's Helmet of Disguise from Dana's room when she's not paying attention to it and replaces it with a Psicrown of the Evader (it's in the SRD). Included is a note with a simple limerick about how she needs to not get smushed by devils and unpleasant things that can be done to devils with a pair of coconuts.

Calleigh gives the helmet to 27.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Tryll & Calleigh have 140,643 gold.

They receive 6,200.83 gold from Dana.

Calleigh purchases a Psicrown of the Evader for Dana. 7,125g.
Tryll purchases an Epic Torc of Power Preservation -3 for 62,500g.
Tryll pays Bubbles a retainer fee of 10,000g for her dress. 10,000g.
Calleigh buys a series of gemstones cut to resemble coins and gives them to Baleruk, because.
1. Blue Sapphire, 600g
2. Jet, 100g
3. Peridot, 70g
4. Red Spinel, 120g
5. Clear Zircon, 80g

This leaves them with 66,248 gold. They will likely buy more things shortly.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Simmer has 37595.63 gold. You know what she needs? More fire, of course. She buys a wand of fire for her emergency supply closet of fire. 32345.63 gold left. Then it's 2k once Afina straightens out a heavy mace+1, flaming. 30345.63 gold left. Next is a psicrown of fiery ruin, which leaves her with 15470 gold.

She'll buy Factotum Mastery for Sylvie next, since someone should use it and they're friends. 5470 gold left. That goes to Moore, since Ilsenine clearly need some jewelry. She's done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Crystal has two things:

[Weapon]Gwyncleddyf: Small Longsword+5, holy.
[Weapon]Hywlythtor: Small shiftsilver lance+3, holy. Has an x4 critical hit multiplier.

She also has:

77824.95 gold.

She'd like to improve both of them. Afina, can you whip up some improvements on them? She can marshal more money if she needs to.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Does Crystal prefer to fight with her lance or her longsword? Afina will prioritise one over the other.

Anastasia

Lance for crippling charges in this case.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Mirima has 25584.11 gold. She wants to upgrade Woven Gold, I'll treat it as a +7 weapon. She wants to raise its enhancement bonus to +7 and make it a +10 weapon total. That'll cost 25500 gold, leaving her with 84.11 gold. She'll donate that to Afina's golem fund since everyone needs meatshields. She's done.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Gwyncleddyf gets an evil outsider bane and anarchic enchantments for 25,500gp to improve from +7 to +10 after discounts.

Hywylthtor gets buffed first to +6 base enchantment along with evil outsider bane, keen, and charging (MiC, when mounted and charging do +2d6 damage). That costs 48,000 to improve from +5 to +11 after discounts.

Leaves her with 4,324.95gp.