News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Experts of Justice: San Francisco branch HQ (Giant Robo RPG, FATE)

Started by Jon, July 02, 2011, 06:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I don't plan to actually start running this until sometime after August, but I figured I'd put up a thread anyway. I plan to run a campaign set in the world of Giant Robo, approximately one year after the OVA. Knowledge of the series is recommended but not required. Group size will be 3-5 people, running on a weekend afternoon. The system is Strands of Fate, a variant of the FATE3 system that powers such bestselling games as Spirit of the Century or the Dresden Files RPG.

You are 'Experts of Justice' -- heroic agents of an international police force with a remit to investigate and thwart the shadowy forces that want to tear down society. You're based in the IPO's San Francisco branch office in the Presidio, but there will be travel involved; that's the Western North American headquarters, so you might have to deal with situations in locales as varied as Yosemite, Las Vegas, Tijuana, Honolulu, Calgary, or Roswell.

Characters will basically have one rather specific superpower (teleport to a place you know well, regenerate over a matter of hours from any wounds, generate concussive shockwaves with a snap of the fingers, etc) and otherwise be expected to fight evil with their wits and what TVTropes calls Charles Atlas superpowers: impossibly good levels of physical fitness. In particular, you should not expect to have mecha at your disposal.

Consider this an interest-check thread; if you have a vague idea of what kind of character you'd like to run, might as well post that too.

Iron Dragoon

I'm interested in this. Let me know once you start getting specifics down.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.