News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Pre-game discussion: the whens, wheres and whats.

Started by VySaika, September 30, 2011, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Is anyone looking at a class with domains? *curious*
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Any tidbits on religions/deities of the Lin'setti?
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

a) It's just Linsetti. The apostraphe comes between the type and the race, Karm'Linsetti, Kala'Linsetti, Karta'Linsetti.

b) they have three deities. The Mother, who serves as thier goddess of life, creation, motherhood and all those nice things, and is the water goddess. The Daughter who is the sky goddess and the goddess of freedom, wandering, music and also the closest thing they have to a war god. And finally The Sister, who is thier earth goddess, and the keeper of secrets, tender of the earth and wood, and the closest thing they have to a god of magic. The Linsetti don't worship only one specific deity, they worship all three as a set, this includes spirit shamans. The Linsetti religion also doesn't believe in an afterlife, they believe in reincarnation.

As a general thing...religion isn't a very big deal to the Linsetti. The trio created them, they worship them...but it's not a "church on sundays" thing, it's more just doing traditional dances at festivals and such. And even the Linsetti preists aren't exclusively preists. They put on thier sacred robes and adornments when it's time to preside over a festival or bless a newborn or commit a fallen soul to the gods, and then take them off and go about thier day jobs the rest of the year.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Also, languages?  How do dem work in de world? :)
Well, Goodbye.

firefly23

I swear I'm still around!  I swear!  >.<  Life likes to eat me from time to time.  I plan to spend some significant time on the board today, catching up and throwing in my two cents for character.  Sorry for the MIA-ness. 

Dracos

Welcome back, Firefly~! =)  Gate said life had devoured you, so hopefully he awards XP for surviving :P
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

How big are you on Traps, Gate?  I wonder since trapfinding(search) is on my skill set, but I went with Knowledge:Nature instead for a bit more flavor.  If it's rare I don't mind, but don't want to screw the group basically if it's an expected 'have'.

First draft up.  Wouldn't be surprised if it entirely gets wiped away at some point, but gotta start somewhere and hopefully it can help the others to have something else in view :3.  Dunno how languages work still and I gotta write a story for it now. =)
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

There are points I will use them, yes. If you go delving into ancient ruins they're to be expected really. Really depends on what kind of drifts you go on if you're going to want a mechanist(the drifter term for thief) along for the ride.
All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

VySaika

Unfortunate warning to folks. It's looking very real that I'm going to have to spend alot of time job hunting soon, and if lucky, working. So the start date for this is going to likely be pushed a little further back then I wanted, and we may have to have another conversation about the game's timeslot.

Nothing to panic about, it's not going to die before it gets moving or anything, but I did want to toss this out there to let you three know.
All About Monks

Dracos

That's terrible.  Hunt well, Gate.

We'll find something to yammer about in the meantime.
Well, Goodbye.

Taishyr

G'luck there, Gate.

Firefly23: any idea what classes you're looking at, out of total curiosity? Alternately, any idea on a character idea? For what it's worth, I'm working with a primarily Veinswei male with Seru.

firefly23

Gate: luck on the job hunt!  I know how ugly it is out there..

Taishyr:  I was thinking a female Linsetti (not sure which one yet) with a Seru...beyond that, I think I need to look it over again.  I had an idea, but it's now buried deep beneath the 12 other games I'm in, plus work, and life in general.  I'll find it!  Hopefully tonight, actually...

Taishyr

Fair enough! We'll leave Dracos to his ARM, then. But yeah, I know how busy-ness gets.

Dracos

Don't go crazy on me =P

Well, we clearly have plenty of time to get going. :P
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.