News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

In the Hall of the Mountain King

Started by Brian, June 25, 2004, 04:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginrai

"Thanks."  Looking at the axe, Ginrai asks, "Are you sure you want to do that, if it's even possible?  I mean, unless it's magical, it *could* be used to forge some nice new weapons."

Rezantis

"Well, Ekim's the only one of us who's likely to have a -chance- at moving this," Rez hums, and glances questioningly at Phil and Alec, "But I don't know if he'd want to, and it's not like he doesn't have raw materials already . . . I doubt he'd appreciate the suggestion.  Welll, I suppose it won't hurt to hear from you for a while."
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

"Huh?" Alec asks, blinking.  "I don't think anyone here can use it, except maybe that huge giant stone monster thing.  I guess we can break it."
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"That's....a very interesting idea.  I think it'd be very delightfully ironic, in fact, to have a stone monster returning the enemy's own axe to them.  Where is Derrick and his golem?  Anyone mind running over quickly and finding him?  If that golem doesn't want to wield it against our enemies, we might as well destroy it."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

"Suppose we may as well - I doubt anyone else could even lift it."

Nathan heads off to go looking for Derrick!
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

It takes very little time to find Derrick.  He and the golem are standing just inside the gate, looking a little flustered at all the activity.  The golem has drawn itself up to be as thin and tall as possible, to take up less space.

Nathan blinks at then, then asks them to follow, and leads them back to the site of the fallen Dreadmarch general, and his granite corpse.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Greetings, Derrick, Golem.  Was just looking at this axe and the thought occurred to us that your golem might find it useful.  At the least, it'd be ironic to return such a weapon the hard way to the dreadmarch."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Derrick looks uncertain, but the golem nods, and reaches forward, breaking the statue's hands a bit to free the huge weapon, and then hefting it experimentally.

After studying it, you realize that the golem can adjust its height and width a bit -- and it assumes (roughly) the proportions of the dwarf, its mechanical components drawing in and shortening until it's the right size.  The golem nods gratefully and then walks directly to the side of the gate, outside of the walls, as though he's taking up a post there.

"Well," Derrick says, frowning.  "He's made up his mind, anyway."

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos laughs.  "It looks good with him.  He's an impressive fellow."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

The golem makes a whirring, chirping chitter, and its eyes look pleased at the comment.

Derrick nods uncertainly.  "Just ... remember that you are alive," he says to the golem.  "And respect your own life, as well."

The golem nods at this, and then taps on the wall once with a metalic finger, and a second time on its massive stone chest.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Anyhow...let's get inside.  Parthipan, there was some things we had to investigate, did we not?  Now's as good a time as ever, I suppose, though we should not bother Ekim.  You know where Radagast is?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ginrai

Ginrai shakes his head.  "He might be back in his room.  Let's go and check."

Dracos

"Nathan, ye probably should come along.  So come on.  Derrick, I'll see you later.  Keep safe."

Dracos lead the way for the small company to Radagast's room!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Derrick nods, and goes to chat with his golem.  At this point, the battlefield is entirely cleared of wounded, and now there are soldiers working on clearing the debris -- discarded weapons, armor, random shards of pottery, and the like.

Phil, with the experience of someone who's been crawling over the keep for a good week solid now, leads the way to Radagast's (and the Lorekeepers') tower.  The guards at the entrance still expect all weapons to be given up before allowing anyone in.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos does so, and asks Rez to wait a few minutes if he has an issue, heading in to find Radagast.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.