News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Pollycop and Gossipy

Started by Dracos, December 06, 2011, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

I assume the procedure for hunting a whale (as would have been explained in Ika's notes) is basically -- chase the whale, get out to it in boats, harpoon it (the harpoons are attached to a line so that one can track where the whale resurfaces), harpoon it again when it resurfaces, repeat procedure until the whale is dead.

This is based on the premise that whales come to the surface to replenish air supplies, which takes them a while, when they're low on air they are unlikely to swim away deep from you, so you can attach a rope to them and wait until they need to come up again.

At least that's what I vaguely remember from Moby Dick. Wanted to double-check if this is how things go down (and that Ika does know all this from the notes) before I make another post.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Yup, that's fine.  And also to head off at the pass:

You guys aren't actually required to play along entirely with the plot.  I see Ika wondering about not fighting the whale.  Well, that is an option.

Same if say, Tylor wanted to for whatever reason pantsie the sheriff.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Game is going a bit slow.  DMs fault there.

For Bolt/Ika, you're in the middle of a conflict scene, so no real moving.

For Vash/Tylor: I could move things along, but checking first: do you guys just want to go with the friar's pitch?
Well, Goodbye.

DY

Yea, I was going to have Vash agree to the friar's plan.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

Feeling a real lack of motivation to game at the moment, RE: Lame RL stuff.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

<_<

>_>

*gets some posts in before his players hang him up to dry*
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

*pulls some clothespins out of Bolt-space*  Who's got the water?  Can't hang him out to dry otherwise.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Dracos

So since I've returned to work I've gone from a Slow DM to a terrible/shitty one.

That's not good and not really leaning well toward wrapping this up by end of January.  Given that, I'm leaning toward just wrapping this up with an Epilogue and calling it.  It's been a pleasure gaming with you all, and should I have the attention to properly devote in the future, I'd be glad to run some small game for you all in the future.  I'm sad I let it die before getting folks back together and having a good rush for the ribbon, as well as before Tylor and Vash got their wind going leaving the folks confused.

Arakawa, sorry for a short first game.  I think you've got a lot of talent in the area and I hope you look to join games in the future as I think you'll have fun and many will have fun gaming with you.  Sorry as well about getting isolated at the end.  My intent was actually for them to find a player as Maid Marian.  Originally, this was to be filled by Iddy, but after he dropped, and with a sudden finish from the Moby Dick crew, I figured it'd lap in nicely to have them find an irritable squid-girl as the 'princess to rescue'.  I half expected  actually Ika to just force her way clear (which would've been funny in itself), but them finding you there would've been good either way.

Cymage, was good having you back in a game.  I think that first role I gave you was a bit of a mistake, but I think you were more on a roll with the petulant goblin and the others and the whale fight.  Good pushing outside the scenario with the bombs.

Brian, good to DM for you for...Possibly the first time?  Ever?  Not sure.  Anyhow, of course welcome at my tiny table again.  Liked where you went with Tylor when you decided to go start bringing girl hunting comedy antics into the Sheriff.  Had it proceeded, I was entirely ready to enable and see how you guys could bamboozle the nobility with flirting antics to open the road up to Arakawa in the tower.

Jon: Sorry the game didn't mesh with your expectations.  I was thinking that placing a traditional Commander character into the bottom-most role on the ship would provide good conflict for the early scenes to work off of, but that didn't quite hook for you it seemed.

DY: Was a pleasure having you at the table.  A bit passive as a Vash, but still enjoyable to game with and would gladly have you at a table again :)

On the negative side of things I really should've hashed together a much firmer connection set for it.  I hashed together a handful of opening scenarios to use, intending for the Ribbon to actually manifest as a reward for whoever made the most entertaining game of it, an ephermeal object to collect that wasn't actually physically collectable as the lot of you guys were being used as Interdimensional Television for a group of overpowerful omnipotents (The Q continuum).  The Robin Hood sketch was taken mostly from canon ST:TNG power abuse for an idea seed there.  I hope some fun was had,

Thanks to everyone for being tolerant with my get back in the DMing seat Foibles.  It has been many months (even possibly a year) since the last time I gm'd anything and clearly I am rusty as all get out at it.  Thanks for playing.
Well, Goodbye.