News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

249.2 Seira at the Court of Stars

Started by Corwin, April 02, 2012, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[21:56] <Kotono> ----
[21:57] <Kotono> The wind blows through your hair. The wildflowers that are weaved in send fragrant scents blowing about the balcony. From hear you can see far - the endless starry sky. The forest below. Amaryl runs to the edge of the balcony, hands on the cusp. She lenas forward, her hair rippling in the breeze. "Aaaaah!"
06[22:09] * Seira hops lightly on the railing by Amaryl, tilting back to get a better angle at her face. She starts falling, but uses her wings to hold steady in an impressive feat of acrobatics at the last moment. "It's magical," Seira voices. "This place, us, here together... don't you feel that, too?"
[22:10] <Kotono> "Oh yes." Amaryl leans far over the edge, hopping back at the last moment. Her hair flies about, the flowers staying put within as it blows. "I feel like we've stepped into bardsong and legend."
06[22:12] * Seira admires Amaryl with a soft smile. "The tale of how you heroically slew a balor, facing it off unflinchingly in Pale Night's inner sanctum? Of how the skies were filled with the cries of freed children, of how the earth trembled with the fury of the Mother of Demons?"
[22:14] <Kotono> "Or how you melted the body of the foul Neverborn and..." Amaryl stops to blush, "Oh Seira!"
01[22:14] <Seira> "Yes, that wouldn't really be suitable for impressionable young minds," Seira agrees with a laugh. "We'll have to come up with a suitable replacement."
[22:15] <Kotono> As you talk, the sky grows slightly brighter. Above, a falling star streaks through the sky, leaving a trail of fairy-dust light in it's wake. Amaryl starts to reply, but her gaze goes up to it. "Oh, do you see that, Seira?"
06[22:15] * Seira is quick to make a wish!
[22:19] <Kotono> Amaryl follows the star as it drops beyond the horizon. "Like the Fairest Star...there's still work to do, even as far away as it is."
01[22:20] <Seira> "There's always work to do, but at least we can do it on our terms?" Seira counters, her eyes lingering on the horizon a moment longer, before they return to take Amaryl in once more.
[22:23] <Kotono> Amaryl matches Seira's gaze, "Our terms, our time. It's our time, Seira. Isn't it?"
01[22:24] <Seira> "Waukeen seems to agree, with the trust she's put into us," Seira says with a slight shrug. "But I think it would be, even if she hadn't. We're doing what we chose to, and we don't have any regrets, right?"
[22:26] <Kotono> "I don't have any..." Amaryl admits, "Well, maybe one. But it's a reasonable one!"
01[22:28] <Seira> "Is it one which is in my power to dispel, my lady?" Seira asks with flourish, although the offer is a most genuine one.
[22:28] <Kotono> "Just that I wish The Lady of Stars were with us...Goddess in her vault, she is magnificent, isn't she?"
01[22:31] <Seira> "Unfortunately, this lies beyond my power," Seira admits, although her good mood remains. "But we have quite a lot ahead of us. Who knows what the future holds? This might be a nice goal to join the rest of ours, to make ourselves entirely worthy of attention, and not just for one accomplishment."
[22:33] <Kotono> "Mmmm." Amaryl smiles and looks ot the sky again, "To the future..." Amaryl goes back to the edge of the balcony, "Do you believe in fate, Seira?"
01[22:34] <Seira> "I believe some things are aligned to happen just so, if we don't intervene," Seira muses thoughtfully, staring up at the sky. "But I don't think there is inescapable fate that would take place regardless of our wishes."
[22:36] <Kotono> "Just curious. I heard Antenora talking about it a little while ago and it stuck with me. It's a question for the philosophers." Turning back to Seira now, "It's a silly question."
01[22:38] <Seira> "Antenora takes it too seriously," Seira guesses, feeling pretty spot on there. "The best example I can give you is that I'm becoming a red dragon, rather than suffer through my supposed fate of watching my father sacrifice himself to save me. And yet, at the same time... what I've learned so far tells me that this is exactly what would have transpired, if I remained passive in the face of all this."
[22:40] <Kotono> "Mmmm. Would I have stayed in Pallan-no." Shaking her head, "That's too much to think about now. Seira, I..." Looking to Seira, "Hold me. Let me rest about you and enjoy this dream?"
01[22:43] <Seira> "Was it destiny?" Seira asks. "Quite honestly, I don't know. Does it matter, really? My feelings for you are not driven by some outside source. They took root naturally, as I spent time with you. That's all I need to know." She stands up, balancing herself on the balcony's railing, and extends a hand down to Amaryl. "Rather than rest, might I have this dance, Lady Gaial?"
[22:49] <Kotono> "Oh yes!" Amaryl takes that hand, "Lead on, Siera?"
01[22:52] <Seira> As she pulls Amaryl up, Seira calls upon the the powers of a wish, murmuring, "A moment for the two of us, a dream amongst the stars." And then she steps back, wishing for the magic to achieve the impossible and provide everything necessary for one magical dance.
[22:55] <Kotono> In a flash of light, Seira and Amaryl rise up! "W-what?!" Amaryl looks about as the two ascend! You soar to the stars...or does th estarry night soar to you? But you find yourself amid great lights all about, everything below tiny! Pure silver starlight bathes the both of you, shining incandescently!
01[22:59] <Seira> "When words fail, I call upon the purest of all languages," Seira says, making the first move as music picks up all around them. She smiles softly at Amaryl. "I tried my best to tell you how I feel, because celestial or elven just can't compare."
[23:01] <Kotono> "Oh..." Amaryl looks about, starry tears trickling down her cheeks, "It's...oh....Seira you..."
06[23:06] * Seira pulls Amaryl close, the music becoming a waltz as they glide across the skies. And amidst it all, the thought that her feelings got through is the most prominent of the lot.
[23:09] <Kotono> The dance weaves through the sky, Amaryl staying close. Her eyes are wide throughout, taking everything in. "This is..." A globe of warm light passes you by, shedding starlight onto you.
01[23:11] <Seira> "This realm approves," Seira murmurs. "My magic would not be able to do so much, so close to its rightful ruler, if that were not so. It's nice to have her blessing."
[23:13] <Kotono> Amaryl reaches out, touching the star! Her body breaks apart into starlight, scattering about the realm! It whirls, leaving a trail of stars behind it, before wrapping around Seira and reappearing where she was.
01[23:14] <Seira> Intrigued beyond words, Seira reaches out to touch it, hesitating just a moment as she waits for Amaryl to follow her lead at the same time.
[23:15] <Kotono> You are the sky. You are the stars. You see everything around, breaking apart...and reforming in a moment, head dizzy and vision tinted with light.
06[23:18] * Seira giggles as she reforms, finding herself truly happy, and gives Amaryl a twirl.
[23:19] <Kotono> Amaryl clings close after, "Aaah...dizzy..." she murmurs. "Give me a moment!"
01[23:25] <Seira> "You lead, then," Seira relents, placing her head on Amaryl's shoulder, her cheek resting on it as she admires the elf from nearby. "There are times when I want to surrender it all as well, and you're the one I trust to keep me safe."
[23:26] <Kotono> "Oh Seira..." Amaryl leads very slowly, taking steps around the stars. "That's what I want..."
[23:32] <Kotono> Thus the night passes in a blur. The dream continues on, on and on and on and on. Seira awakens, Amaryl curled against her in rest. The sunshine of the morning spills into her room, her bed as comfortable as she remembers it. Images of the dream flickerin her mind, like memories of a time long aawy, vivid yet.
06[23:34] * Seira brushes her hand through Amaryl's golden tresses lazily, trying not to wake her.
[23:35] <Kotono> "Mmm...Seira?" Amaryl awakens as Seira does this, already stirring. "I...we're home?" she asys, "The dream I had...oh! Seira! The gown! You're still wearing it!"
01[23:37] <Seira> Curses, golden opportunity wasted! Seira just realizes it herself, and leans back into her pillow. "I suppose there's always next time...."
[23:37] <Kotono> "Oh Seira...I had..." Amaryl sits up, hugging her. "We're back home now?"
01[23:39] <Seira> "It was a very pleasant experience," Seira muses, still brushing her hand through Amaryl's hair. "Approaching a dream, flirting with it, yet never quite crossing over entirely. And for all those marvels, it wouldn't have been the same without you there with me."
[23:40] <Kotono> With a sigh, "It was wonderful...." Closing her eyes, "Let's go out and see everyone? It feels like it's been so long. How about the Commander, or Elle? They've both been here and Elle's suffered so, too."
01[23:42] <Seira> "Elle and Celebrimbor," Seira agrees. "Maybe we can try and get in touch with Honeydip afterwards? She promised she'd check if there would be a better place for Celebrimbor to heal at than with us."
[23:42] <Kotono> Nodding along, "Let's go to Elle's shop then?" Amaryl says.
01[23:46] <Seira> Though it's somewhat disappointing, she must leave her bed, and as Seira does so she calls upon prestidigitation to make the two of them presentable. "We can probably even afford to go as we are," she voices afterwards. "I had Dimension Door prepared in advance, so we could just appear back here at a moment's notice, and Lagann can mind our things while we're out."
01[23:46] <Seira> And their gowns aren't sheer and see-through like Queen Morwel's, Seira muses to herself, although they perhaps cling to their forms a bit more than anything the two of them normally wear.
[23:47] <Kotono> Thus the two go! You find Elle's shop open. Elle isn't to be seen, but Alice is there. She comes out, "Oh, good morning. Countess Stronger is in the back right now and isn't accepting visitors right now. If you don't mind waiting a little bit?"
01[23:48] <Seira> Seira's grip tightens on where she's holding onto Amaryl's hand, before she realizes what she's doing and stops herself from actually causing Amaryl pain. "We can wait," Seira agrees, going with the situation. "How are you?" There, that should be generic enough.
[23:49] <Kotono> Amaryl stares, "...Alice.." she whispers in shock.
[23:49] <Kotono> "I'm fine, the wounds are long healed." With a slight smile, "Will you be wanting to buy anything today?"
01[23:51] <Seira> "The possibility of that is over ninety percent," Seira agrees. "But that doesn't matter. Would it be alright if I hugged you?"
[23:52] <Kotono> "Ah..." Blinking at that, "I wasn't aware my near death experience made me suddenly of interest to you, Colonel Seira." She blushes nonetheless, "But thank you."
06[23:52] * Seira takes that as a yes, wrapping her arms around Alice. "I know you don't like me for a reason beyond my control, but I'm really, really glad you're alright."
[23:54] <Kotono> "Ah..." Blushing even more, "Thank you, Seira. I am as well. The wraiths touch makes me appreciate life all over again."
01[23:55] <Seira> "They do, every time," Seira agrees solemnly. Without letting Alice go, she says, "Amaryl and I just got back from a trip to the planes. What day is it?"
[23:56] <Kotono> Jus tas Alice is about to answer, a door to the back open. Elle comes out, Donald right behind her. Elle's face is slightly red, but she turns to Seira. "Oh, good morning Seira!"
01[23:58] <Seira> "Morning," Seira returns, still operating largely blind. With all her heart, she hopes it's not a cruel glimpse of a 'what if', and peers closer at Elle to try and see if she's flushed from exertion, embarrassment or crying.
[23:59] <Kotono> Elle just looks red faces, though her breathing isn't fast. Donald's blushing way more, but hanging back. "Here on business?"
Session Time: Mon Dec 21 00:00:00 2009
01[00:01] <Seira> "Business is on the menu, yes, but I'm also in a hugging mood." And with that cryptic response, Seira doesn't let Elle a chance to react before embracing her next. "Like I was saying, which day is it? It feels like we've been gone for weeks across the planes."
[00:02] <Kotono> "It's-" Elle begins, but another voice cuts through. "Ah, hello," Saul walks in, lugging a bulging sack with him. "Ah, Countess, I'm here to make some orders."
01[00:04] <Seira> The universe is messing with her! But alright, she'll play along, for now. "Such a shame I was here first, old man," Seira states pointedly. "Elle, what do you think about making my cloak even stronger?" She giggles. "Sorry, accidental if bad pun."
[00:05] <Kotono> "I think the size of my order will trump that,"S aul grunts as he places the sack down, "So Seira, what did you get...oh." He stops and looks at Alice, rubbing his chin, "Was that yours?"
06[00:06] * Seira worriedly looks at Elle and Alice.
[00:06] <Kotono> Elle and Alice look at Saul with complete and utter blankness. "Excuse me," Alice says.
[00:07] <Kotono> "Oh, maybe it's like that. Well, I kept talking about money." Saul kneels before the sack, opening it. "Just because you're drink on magic and wine doesn't mean you can stop thinking about Waukeen's tenets or what's happening around you, Seira."
06[00:09] * Seira winces, and decides to just confess and sort things out together. "While on that trip of mine, I kept on wishing that the terrible deaths during the attacks of the liches could have been averted?" She avoids looking at Alice as she adds, "I really hoped someone would listen, but I didn't know... I'm really happy someone did, if...." She finally finds herself lacking words to continue.
[00:10] <Kotono> "I..." Alice stares back. "I'm pretty sure I'm alive and I've been alive!"
[00:11] <Kotono> "No, you did die." Saul looks up, "I suspected that we were being rewarded in an indirect way. The way we were peeled away and it was so easy to talk and everything was magical? The Court of Stars owed us, to."
01[00:12] <Seira> "Let's keep it that way!" Seira agrees, suddenly cheerful beyond belief, and grasps Alice's hands. "You're a really brave, decent person. And Elle loves you very much. So just, please, keep on working together, alright?"
[00:12] <Kotono> "So you...money..." Amaryl sighs, "Isn't that  awaste?"
[00:13] <Kotono> "Ah...okay..." Alice stares, her words slow and halting.
[00:13] <Kotono> "Of course not. Waukeen preaches and teaches the value of money. With this, I'm going to make sure that nothing like this happens again by strengthening us. I suppose I should share this with all of you, too."
01[00:16] <Seira> "Don't forget what you owe me for those two circles back and to Pallanth!" Seira chirps. "Well, there's only one of them so far, but the second isn't far behind!" Turning towards Elle, she smiles brightly. "My cloak! Please think about it, I even have that amulet we got from the djinn, so if I could mix the two together for a really overwhelming final product, it would be so useful!"
[00:19] <Kotono> "I will..." Elle says, still looking between them.
01[00:19] <Seira> Taking Amaryl's hand, Seira flees the shop while she still can!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[19:42] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, what's next on your agenda, Seira?
01[19:43] <Seira> Once out, Seira decides to see about Celebrimbor, and whether they could be useful in some way to the old elf. Only afterwards can she allow herself to hope that Alice wasn't an exception, and actually check for herself.
[19:45] <Kotono> Celebrimbor is found at the garrison, under protective guard. He rests in a cot, propped up on pillows and reading from a thick old book. "It's over?" he asks as Seira enters.
01[19:47] <Seira> "The battle is, for all intents and purposes," Seira responds, finding a spot on the cot where she wouldn't inconvenience him and leave enough place for Amaryl, if she chooses to sit there as well. "Our allies also recovered Claris, while the Neverborn and five of the liches were destroyed.
01[19:48] <Seira> The sixth went into exile, and Androlynne experienced a fundamental change, as the trapped eladrin children were freed from its curse." She pauses slightly. "But what matters here is how you're doing."
[19:50] <Kotono> "Which one?" CElebrimbor leans forward over his book, staring into Seira. "Which one got away?" Amaryl meanwhile stands next to Seira for the moment.
01[19:52] <Seira> "It is as you think," Seira states. "To fight him meant the likelihood of many deaths; perhaps, the failure of our plans, and Pale Night's triumph. It is regrettable, but letting him go is the choice I made so that we could free them and turn the war around."
[19:58] <Kotono> With a shudder that consumes his body, Celebrimbor leans back and closes his book. Lying down, "It's over....it's over...but Seira, do not forget him. I see him in every dream I have. Every living nightmare that pushes into my dreams I see his face."
06[20:02] * Seira takes Celebrimbor's hand gently, as she promises, "I will protect you. If he returns, I'll be there to stop him. It really is over, you can believe that."
[20:04] <Kotono> Celebrimbor lies back, then exhales out. He sits up after that, "I'm going to return to Pallanth soon. I want to put this nightmare behind me. Is your father going to return soon?"
01[20:07] <Seira> "He has been working in Malmuth, trying to make the city habitable once more based on a plan we cooked up together. How about joining him there once you've spent some time back home?"
01[20:07] <Seira> It might sound callous, but Seira firmly believes that any hurdle must be overcome, unless the person who went through a traumatic experience wants to be ruled by it for the rest of their lives, a mere shadow of their former self. And Malmuth, with her father by his side, would be one of the safest places in the world for Celebrimbor.
[20:09] <Kotono> "Maybe. I had forgotten about Malmuth. How badly was it sacked?"
[20:09] <Kotono> "Razed to the ground." Amaryl answers right back, "Magic and emergency relief prevent a total collapse, but hardship is all about there. The loss of property and live is incalculable."
01[20:11] <Seira> "It was taken completely by surprise, and by foes that were best at ambushes and demolitions," Seira supplies the specifics. "We've done all we could when it came to the people, but Dad is trying to make the sacked portions of the city livable again, and keep the weather cleared, while relief forces help with the distribution of food and essentials."
[20:13] <Kotono> "Queen Tant's doing her best to keep things going, too." Amaryl looks to Seira, "Demedais and Pollyanna have been there as well, helping with relief. But still, so many suffering for the whims of madmen."
[20:15] <Kotono> "The Council...how have they reacted." Resting his ancient arms down, "And, no matter how insane they are...HE had a reason for this. I fear that the true villian may have escaped with a victory of his own."
01[20:16] <Seira> "I said that our forces were helping," Seira agrees, looking slightly puzzled as she glances back at Amaryl. "Perhaps we'll see if there's anything we could help with today as well." At Celebrimbor's words, Seira nods grimly. "We are still trying to determine the reason for their sensical assault on us, but my private theory is that Sylian did this merely to be in a position to cut a deal with us."
01[20:17] <Seira> *nonsensical
[20:18] <Kotono> "Wait." Amaryl starts to speak but chokes on her own words, "You're saying that Sylian did this all just to get your blood and get away with it?"
01[20:21] <Seira> "Unless more information comes to be known, yes, it is quite possible that I am the reason for all these deaths and the suffering," Seira says neutrally. "All for having the luck of facing a horror from beyond when it tried to destroy our world."
[20:23] <Kotono> "No...could one mad wizard have that much knowledge and control over events to do this? His planning went back millenia, Seira!" Amaryl's words shake, "That's just not possible."
01[20:25] <Seira> "I'm not that conceited," Seira responds, shaking her head. "He clearly had a different plan at the time, perhaps this mad scheme about allowing the Neverborn to be born via the Pale Mother and controlling a new deity devoted to him. What I mean is that after that unexpected event of our battle against that being, he might have changed his plans, leading to the attacks on our world."
[20:28] <Kotono> "Maybe..." Amaryl says, "Perhaps we should research Sylian then? Hasn't he changed names a few times, too?"
01[20:31] <Seira> "I believe what we need the most right now is to do all we can for those who suffered through the attacks, and recover our strength," Seira voices. "Mental fatigue is dangerous, and we can't keep on rushing around with the weight of the world on our shoulders. In the long run, it is better to have a slow week and, perhaps, we can visit Mechanus's comprehensive library afterwards."
[20:34] <Kotono> "We should. He was named...Adammal before, I think?" Frowning as she thinks, "That sounds right?"
01[20:35] <Seira> "I can recall those names and a title," Seira agrees, musing, "I think Alicia mentioned something about a third name briefly."
[20:41] <Kotono> "Perith?" With a frown, "That sounds right, but I'd check. After we've had some time to rest, we should marshal what information we have on him?" Amaryl says.
01[20:42] <Seira> "I'm not about to head out into chaos and insanity after him, but we should do all we can to be ready," Seira firmly agrees.
[20:42] <Kotono> "Alright." Amaryl then smiles, "It's good to see you're recovering, Celebrimbor," Amaryl turns to him, "Don't overdo it at your age."
06[20:44] * Seira leans over to whisper, "But if you want to overdo it, anyway, there are many eladrin around who'll be lining up to nurse you back to health. Just say the word!"
03[20:45] * Ebiris (WinNT@95.146.4.95) has joined #evildunes
03[20:46] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Ebiris
[20:46] <Kotono> Celebrimbor's eyes sparkle a moment, "Ah, at my age..." Almost cracking into a smile, "I'll recover."
01[20:49] <Seira> "I'll come back again, and if you need anything, or even just want to go home, ask someone to call me? I'll be right there," Seira promises, standing up and smiling down at him.
[20:52] <Kotono> As you leave out, Amaryl stays close. In your mind, 'He's looking better...but now what, Seira?"
03[20:53] * Ebiris is now known as Alicia
01[20:57] <Seira> 'Remember all those trapped people whose bondage to Majanni could not be broken, even if their slavery was ended with magic?' Seira responds, not seeing much reason to keep the conversation personal but following Amaryl's wishes easily enough. 'Perhaps, a carefully-worded Limited Wish might suffice to severe it for those who don't want that sort of life, or ameliorate their conditions. What do you think?'
[20:59] <Kotono> 'That's a fine idea.' Amaryl smiles now, 'It would be a good storybook ending, too.'
01[21:01] <Seira> 'I've spent some time struggling with the issue, but nothing I came up with thus far seemed like it would work. Even now, I would prefer to wait until I could call on the actual Wish, but it feels a bit cruel, if this attempt succeeds,' Seira elaborates further. 'After last night, I suppose my confidence about manipulating reality around me for a good cause is higher.'
[21:02] <Kotono> Amaryl takes Seira's hand, stopping in a quiet hallway of the garrison, out of view of the guards protecting Celebrimbor. 'I like that.'
01[21:07] <Seira> 'If nothing else, we'll make sure they all know, both the transformed people and Majanni, that we haven't forgotten about them and are still involved,' Seira muses, even as she eyes Amaryl speculatively. 'I could also threaten him with grave bodily harm to make him share that bit of fey power with you, at that. It disagrees with me, but you might be a different story. The power certainly liked Donald.'
[21:09] <Kotono> 'Mmm.' Amaryl considers, then aloud, "Before we go and commit to that, let's talk to Donald. He's had a time to live with it, I want to see what he thinks of it now."
01[21:11] <Seira> "To be fully decided, why don't you see how a human's been dealing with it, too? Jale also partook in this power, after all," Seira proposes. "But Donald's right here, so we can easily check with him first!"
[21:12] <Kotono> "Let's," Amaryl says, "Let's check home and then Elle's shop?"
06[21:13] * Seira can't argue with this plan!
[21:16] <Kotono> You find Donald at the Inn. His feet are up at a table as the morning passes, a big grin on his face. He looks out the window, snacking on meat and mead. He hums a merry, bawdy song under his breath, humming away.
01[21:17] <Seira> "Donald, my buddy, my pal!" Seira greets him. "Why are you so happy and lewd this fine day, pray tell?"
[21:18] <Kotono> "Oh, no reason." His grin just rises at that, "So Seira, conquerer of demon-god-babies and protector of beautiful elf maidens, what deeds are you up to today?"
01[21:19] <Seira> "Breaking the hateful curse of a desert djinn upon innocent travelers. Pretty tame in comparison," Seira responds. "How about you, and your daily plans?"
[21:20] <Kotono> "Im, ah, going to b ebusy today." Coughing and clearing his throat, "You're going to give Majanni the one-two now?"
01[21:20] <Seira> "It's a possibility, but he might've learned his lesson, if not humility, from the previous experience."
[21:21] <Kotono> "About thta," Amaryl sits down, "There's th epossibility he might give me the same power he gave to you. Donald, what's it like?"
[21:23] <Kotono> "Being fey-blooded?" Blowing his tongue out in a distinct farting sound, "I feel as limp-wristed as a perfumed diplomat sometimes...it helps when I go kill a few demons to remind me I'm a man. Yes, I'm a terrible human man with the grace of a drunken dragon. You'd probably love it."
01[21:25] <Seira> "Your words are tempting my fist," Seira mutters none too quietly. "Would it kill you to... not generally be disgusting? You seem like you're trying to be that! On purpose!"
[21:26] <Kotono> Amaryl gasps, hands to her lips. "Donald! That's...so...exactly what you said." Amaryl hangs her head and sighs, "Seira, he never listens. Poetry and grace are lost on him."
01[21:28] <Seira> "Let's go visit Jale in Arad?" Seira offers to Amaryl, throwing Donald a glare. "We shouldn't really spend more time here, in case the drain of tact is contagious."
[21:29] <Kotono> "Oh, grow up." Donald grins even more, "I'm a man in an elf's body. Look, my honest opinion is that it would suit you...though how a elf/dragon/fey works is anyone's guess."
01[21:30] <Seira> "I offered to turn you back," Seira reminds him icily. "One day I even might, and forget to put your gender back right." Not giving him a chance to respond, she takes Amaryl's hand and attempts to teleport to her room in the temple of Waukeen in Arad.
01[21:30] <Seira> roll 1d100
05[21:30] -obsidian.ab.ca.lunarnet.org:@#evildunes- Seira invited Hatbot into the channel.
03[21:30] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@24.174.51.230) has joined #evildunes
01[21:30] <Seira> roll 1d100
06[21:30] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d100 and gets 16." [1d100=16]
[21:39] <Kotono> Woosh! You appear in your room without incident!
01[21:40] <Seira> "Let's see if Isonu can direct us towards Jale?" Seira suggests, stepping out into the corridor as a part of her is all too happy to show off the new gowns she and Amaryl have.
[21:43] <Kotono> Thus you head to Isonu. As the two of you walk, temple goers pause to stare at the two, often spellbound! The gowns ripple andshimmer in the light, men and women both entranced! As you pass through one hall, one can notice one of the entranced people is none other than Jale.
01[21:45] <Seira> "Jale!" Seira calls out amiably, waving at the young woman. She approaches, checking whether Esra is nearby, as the two often seem to be.
[21:47] <Kotono> Esra isn't around. Jale looks up abruptly at Seira, "Oh!" With a gasp, "S-Seira! Those gowns are gorgeous!"
01[21:50] <Seira> "Would you believe we're sky-clad?" Seira asks with a laugh.
[21:50] <Kotono> "Ah..." Blushing, "Waukeen's gold, yes, I may!"
[21:51] <Kotono> Amaryl twirls about, "They're just lovely!"
01[21:53] <Seira> "I like yours the most," Seira compliments Amaryl, admiring her. "The person wearing it draws my undivided attention like no other."
[21:54] <Kotono> "Oh Seira..." Amaryl colors deeply red, as Jale continues to stare. "C-can I help you, Seira, with anything?"
01[21:57] <Seira> "We were hoping so," Seira agrees, seeking a spot where they won't be standing in the middle of a hall and guiding Jale there. "Amaryl wanted to ask you if you could share you experiences," she says as they walk, "from the touch Majanni's power."
[21:57] <Kotono> Going into an empty prayer and donation room, "Oh, you mean...oh yes." She finds a wooden chair and sits down, "About being fey-blooded?"
[21:58] <Kotono> "That's right," Amaryl says, "Seira suggested I undergo the same."
[21:59] <Kotono> "It's like being more sensitive. To the wind, to the air, tothe patterns of night and day. I can smell sunrise, I can hear sunset." She starts to speak, quickly, "Nature is alive to me. Everything around is is a great, grand life form that we can only see the smallest bit of."
01[22:00] <Seira> "I had a similar experience," Seira muses thoughtfully. "Although in my case, it came as a slight price, as other things not of nature seemed dimmer afterwards. Is it like this for you as well?"
[22:01] <Kotono> "Donald neve rmentioned anything like that." With a despairing sigh, "He probably thought it was indisgestion! That...that...human!"
06[22:01] * Seira covers her laugh with a cough just in time. "Mom was human," she protests chidingly. "So's Jale, really! Donald's just Donald, he'd be the same regardless of birth."
01[22:02] <Seira> *race of birth
[22:05] <Kotono> "That's how it is. I don't like all the changes all the time, but I'm learning to adapt to them." Jale finishes, "No offense taken."
01[22:05] <Seira> "Donald tests the most patient of people," Seira says apologetically.
[22:06] <Kotono> Turning red and looking down, "Sorry. Donald vexes me. I would think the God of Fools must surely protect his every step."
01[22:06] <Seira> "Well, he gained longevity, money and fame," Seira says. "Maybe there's something in that."
01[22:07] <Seira> "I'm not one of those things that look dimmer, am I?" Seira suddenly asks Jale with just a touch of worry.
[22:08] <Kotono> "Maybe Lathander need a new jester?" Grumbling now, "I could believe it!"
[22:08] <Kotono> "No...no, not at all," Jale says after a few moments, "Not at all."
01[22:11] <Seira> "Lathander's little error in judgement aside, do you want to consider this some more?" Seira asks Amaryl. "Consult with someone else as well, perhaps?"
[22:12] <Kotono> "I do. Can we think about it for a little bit? I don't need to rush into this like Donald did."
01[22:15] <Seira> "We have the time before us," Seira agrees. Though she would very much like to see how Amaryl might fare with a touch of a fey, there truly is no need to rush anything. "We can just pay him a visit and try the wish, first? I can't reliably cast it enough to cure everyone, even if given a week, so there is plenty of time."
[22:18] <Kotono> "Okay," Amaryl agrees, "Ready to go?"
01[22:19] <Seira> "Thanks for your help," Seira tells Jale with another smile. "Don't be a stranger, alright?"
06[22:21] * Seira calls upon the magic of an unerring teleport this time around, to reach their destination without diversions.
[22:22] <Kotono> Woosh! Y ou appear before the oasis as you did once before! It's as Seira remember it mostly, down to the invisible rainbow being in place.
06[22:26] * Seira uses a scroll of Knock to allow them entry, deciding to conserve the limited wishes in her possession.
[22:27] <Kotono> The rainbow breaks apart, the colors ofa ll the rainbow appearing! "Which one was it?" Amaryl asks.
01[22:28] <Seira> "Indigo," Seira states with confidence, headed that way.
[22:29] <Kotono> Thus you step through! Ahead of you lies a beautiful oasis, colorful tents of silk standing in the heat of the desert. You can hear music in the distance.
06[22:30] * Seira heads towards the music, although she's not so overconfident she neglects to ask Lagann to crush all their enemies should her mind be taken over.
[22:32] <Kotono> As you advance ahead, you see men and women at dance! They enjoy themselves, eating fine foods and drink. Majanni walks about, serving them and hustling, sweat pouring down his face.
01[22:34] <Seira> "Hi!" Seira announces their presence, once she and Amaryl are close enough. "How's the party going?"
[22:41] <Kotono> "Join us!" A man calls, "Seira! Welcome back!"
[22:41] <Kotono> Majanni whimpers and turns to Seira, bowing.
06[22:46] * Seira acknowledges Majanni's presence, but only tells him, "Keep up the good work," before turning away. 'Or else' needs not to be said. "I think we could spend some time partying with you all later," she then addresses the crowd, "but I've recently hit a breakthrough in my studies of the arcane.
01[22:46] <Seira> If there is anyone who would like to be freed of their form, their ties to this place or both, I am confident enough to try this."
[22:47] <Kotono> There's some discussion, before a woman comes forward. "We've grown to rather like this. No work, no sickness, just what we want to do every day. Majanni serves our every whim. It's like heaven."
06[22:48] * Seira considers this, asking, "Have any travelers came across you in the meantime?" while she formulates an answer.
[22:49] <Kotono> "None so far," A man answers, shirtless and deep tanned. He eats at a dark colored fruit, lounging back on a bed of pillows.
01[22:51] <Seira> It would have been nice to be told this at the onset, Seira muses, but at least she learned a lot doing research, and it'll surely be useful some other time in the future. "In that case, I will work on the means to let you contact me, should anything happen that requires my help. With such a foundation in place, I don't see a problem in letting things stand as they do."
[22:57] <Kotono> "Thank you," The man nods, "We owe you so much for liberating us, Seira."
01[23:00] <Seira> Embarrassed, Seira quickly tries to change the subject. "Yes, umm, so this fey thing! Would you mind sharing your experiences?" The more information Amaryl has, the better-informed her decision becomes.
[23:01] <Kotono> Information comes flowing! "It's like being alive int he air!" Another says, "My senses are awakened to the heartbeat of the desert!" A third comments, "It's not quite human, but human at the same time. Emotional."
[23:02] <Kotono> Amary listens to all of these, nodding in the right places. "I see, I see..."
01[23:04] <Seira> "To put this in the proper perspective," Seira whispers to Amaryl, "I think they got a bit more than just the first touch, and spending all their time surrounded by nature must sharpen the senses as well."
[23:06] <Kotono> Amaryl mentally says back, 'My thoughts as well. But they seem happy now...maybe they're too affected to know better, but if they're happy...'
01[23:08] <Seira> 'I can actually try to dispel a fake happiness, if you're worried over that,' Seira suggests telepathically. 'It is far more likely, saddened as I am to say, that the thought of living in paradise under eternal youth is preferable to the prospect of making a hard living traveling the sands with caravans their entire lives.'
[23:09] <Kotono> 'If that's what they think...we've seen too much misery. What happiness we she should be cherished, not disturbed.' Amaryl looks to all of them, smiling. 'Agreed?'
[23:09] <Kotono> *see
06[23:10] * Seira smiles as well. 'Of course. I really don't think it's fake. It might not be their ideal lives, but they seem to like it over any alternatives they can think of.'
[23:12] <Kotono> 'Let's go home then?' Amaryl suggests.
01[23:14] <Seira> Having spent some time at the party, Seira finds the suggestion agreeable, and says her goodbyes, using Lagann's limited wish to breach the wards around the oasis and then teleporting back with the aid of her teleport ring.
01[23:14] <Seira> roll 1d100 home
06[23:14] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d100 home and gets 43." [1d100=43]
[23:17] <Kotono> Woosh! Thus Seira and Amaryl appear home! OOC: Ball's in your court. Were you going to Malmuth or...?
06[23:19] * Seira decides to go to Malmuth, and as the trip through the portal network takes them through Waukeen's temple, they might just encounter Saul along the way. Even if not, Seira tries to devote much of her time to just looking around, and estimating if the miracle with Alice was replicated elsewhere as well, or if it were an isolated incident.
[23:21] <Kotono> Thus you walk Malmuth! You findthe city ruins overflowing! People work to reassemble things as best they can. Seira thinks there are more by the time she finds Saul, but it's nothing she can prove. Saul sits in his room there, in front of the fire. Pollyanna is there as well. Pollyanna has a gaggle of children around her as she talks, "Then Lord Helm, through the wisdom of His Champion the Noble Demedais..." Saul rises and meets you halfwa
[23:21] <Kotono> through the wisdom of His Champion the Noble Demedais..." Saul rises and meets you halfway, "Story hour," he replies with a straight face.
06[23:22] * Seira blanches, and thinks to Amaryl, 'Please promise you'll never call me something like that in front of the kids. I'll do the same, I swear!'
[23:23] <Kotono> 'Okay!' Amaryl adds very quickly.
01[23:24] <Seira> "We're here to help," Seira tells her father, leading them away from the children. "Anything that needs a wish, limited though it might be?"
[23:25] <Kotono> "There's some buildings that could use them," Saul leads them outside into the chilly air, "The more and the faster they rebuild, the better."
01[23:26] <Seira> "My thoughts exactly," Seira agrees. And once they're alone, she bluntly asks, "Is it just wishful thinking, or did more than just Alice get another chance at life?"
[23:29] <Kotono> "Nothing I can prove." Saul stops just outside, his breath misting in the cold air. "Faces I haven't seen...but it's a huge city in flux. I see hundreds of unfamiliar faces each day."
[23:30] <Kotono> "I think that what happened happened. It's a fable and plays by a fable's rules, Seira. That's what the Court of Stars is like. Embrace it for what it is and stop worrying."
01[23:31] <Seira> "I was going to say the same thing," Seira admits. "I think it might be alright to let go, now, and to move on towards the future once more."
[23:33] <Kotono> "Like sighing over the Queen?" With a rakish grin as he starts to walk along now.
01[23:34] <Seira> "She's very sighable," Seira agrees instantly. "But she wasn't the only one who caught your eye, was she?" she then teases.
[23:35] <Kotono> "I do believe you've forgotten you should be thinking about profit," Saul points as he walks down a side alley, cutting through a pair of vast stone buildings. As you pass people hurrying along the cold streets, "Have you made any money today?"
01[23:37] <Seira> "I lost seventy five gold in scroll components, so my net profit today is negative," Seira unhappily states. "I still need to hand Elle the rods of metamagic back. The time when I can afford them is still too far away, although I've found out which of the two is more useful to purchase and have around, so that's something."
[23:38] <Kotono> "Ah Seira. Seira, Seira, Seira." With a long sigh, "You must work harder! Harder!" Turning back and clapping his hands together, "Let's go restore those buildings now."
01[23:39] <Seira> "I hate you, mister carries a sack of gold around," Seira mutters. "And don't think you're getting out of it so easily! Do you like Lady Honeydip? Spill!"
[23:40] <Kotono> "Oh look," Saul point sahead to a ruined building, scraps of stone about, "There it is, Seira!"
01[23:44] <Seira> "We can just ask her later," Seira tells Amaryl, and steps ahead, approaching the wreck. "Mind over matter," she intones, summoning her arcane reserves. "Substance over ruin. My will, imposed upon this reality I reject! Restore this land to its former glory!"
[23:57] <Kotono> To Seira's words, the stone wraps back in place! A building reforms, reassembling from dust and ruin!
01[23:59] <Seira> "It's such an empowering feeling, to be able to do this," Seira whispers. Even if it takes away from her ability to cast spells for a while, a throwback to those days she wore a leather armor for protection and to conceal her true skill.
Session Time: Tue Dec 22 00:00:00 2009
[00:07] <Kotono> "It's magic. No, Magic." Saul smiles as he watches the work.
01[00:09] <Seira> "So it is," Seira agrees with a smile of her own. Then, as she turns around, she broaches another subject. "Dad, we talked to Celebrimbor earlier today. I suggested that he spend some time here, working with you, if that's no trouble."
[00:11] <Kotono> "He's welcome to it," Saul nods, "How's he doing?"
01[00:13] <Seira> "Better, though he's having nightmares. Waking ones, too, by the sounds of it. I was tempted to offer the services of a spell I once came across used in short-term memory manipulation."

Corwin

[20:30] <Kotono> > To Seira's words, the stone wraps back in place! A building reforms, reassembling from dust and ruin!
[20:30] <Kotono> <Seira> "It's such an empowering feeling, to be able to do this," Seira whispers. Even if it takes away from her ability to cast spells for a while, a throwback to those days she wore a leather armor for protection and to conceal her true skill.
[20:30] <Kotono> > "It's magic. No, Magic." Saul smiles as he watches the work.
[20:30] <Kotono> <Seira> "So it is," Seira agrees with a smile of her own. Then, as she turns around, she broaches another subject. "Dad, we talked to Celebrimbor earlier today. I suggested that he spend some time here, working with you, if that's no trouble."
[20:30] <Kotono> > "He's welcome to it," Saul nods, "How's he doing?"
[20:30] <Kotono> <Seira> "Better, though he's having nightmares. Waking ones, too, by the sounds of it. I was tempted to offer the services of a spell I once came across used in short-term memory manipulation."
[20:31] <Kotono> "Maybe as a last resort." Saul briskly begins to walk back, "It's not something to be done lightly."
01[20:33] <Seira> "Maybe a better spell dealing with trauma could be developed?" Seira muses, falling into step. "Something that lets you keep the memories, but as if through a veil. As if they happened to someone else, or as facts, without the emotional responses they awake, or with those dimmed appropriately."
[20:37] <Kotono> "It's possible and a worthy tool. Still, memories are what we are. They aren't to be tinkered with recklessly." Saul slows down, "It may be willing and it may be excusable, but it's still changing what a person is."
01[20:39] <Seira> "Isn't that what happens when you die, anyway?" Seira wonders. "All the angels I've come across so far treat it as a good thing. Maybe there's another component to what a person is, that being the soul, and certain experience can leave a taint on it to dim it, much like the curse on your spirit. If we could dim such memories and let the affected people's spirits heal in peace, wouldn't it be a success?"
[20:41] <Kotono> "I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but that we should be very careful. There's a vile spell - you know what those are by now - called Mindrape. It allows the caster to totally control, change and absorb the victim's memories. That's what it can be if used recklessly, Seira. On the othe rhand..." Shrugging, "A fireball thrown by a hero to defend a city and a fireball thrown by a demon to set things ablaze aren't any different from each other besides intent.
[20:41] <Kotono>  thrown by a demon to set things ablaze aren't any different from each other besides intent."
01[20:42] <Seira> "That's not really fair," Seira protests. "I know of a bard spell and an entirely neutral wizard spell beyond my present reach that achieve similar results without any vile implications. A fireball really is the best example here, and the point is one I fully agree with."
[20:48] <Kotono> "What I'm saying is that you hold an entire person's memories and mind in your hands. Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons before yo udo it."
01[20:49] <Seira> "That goes without saying," Seira agrees.
[20:50] <Kotono> Once you reach back inside and the warmth there, "Staying long?" Saul asks, "I'll have some tea and food prepared if youa re."
01[20:55] <Seira> "Might as well, right?" Seira consults with Amaryl. "You'll get yet another chance to see Dad in a normal setting, where he's not forced to keep up appearances by being snarky."
[20:59] <Kotono> Thus you go inside. Tea and food are indeed provided, the three setting down. As Saul sips his slowly, blowing on it to send steam about, "So." Looking to the both of them, "How do you like hopping across the world in a few words?"
01[21:00] <Seira> "It got a lot better once I could do it without going off course."
[21:03] <Kotono> "Why is teleportation unreliable?" Amaryl nibbles on a tea cake, "Dimension Door has no such limitation."
[21:05] <Kotono> "You're attempting to whisk yourself away to another part of the world like that," With a snap of his fingers, "Magic isn't easy or logical many a time."
01[21:06] <Seira> "I have a wild theory about that," Seira announces. "It might be a stopgap measure. A way to prune the worthy from the idiots who accidentally reached such magic, perhaps due to the gift of magic in their blood. Just as those who cast fireball on themselves save us from their progeny, so would a mage teleporting around without being capable of handling what he comes across if he veers off his course."
[21:09] <Kotono> Saul chuckles after drinking more tea, "That's quite ruthless of Mystra if so. I didn't think she had that sort of practical mindt o her."
01[21:10] <Seira> "So setting yourself on fire is fine, but this is a bit much?" Seira asks with a snort. "Still, I can't find any reason whatsoever why the same spell, a bit more power pushed into it, suddenly breaks all the restrictions on the basic form without any sense of scale. The restrictions end up feeling artificial as a result."
[21:12] <Kotono> "Magic doesn't always follow reasonings. There's a system to it, the Weave, but it ultimately does what it will. We learn how to bend it to our mind and will as best we can to compensate." SAul drinks more tea, one eyes squinted shut as he regards Seira. "If I ever have leisure, Alicia and her crew of whitewings mostly revere Mystra? The theological debate this question poses could be a good one."
01[21:14] <Seira> "Yes, you... have fun with that," Seira says dubiously, thinking there must be better ways to talk to Alicia about than 'Mystra's Weave doesn't make sense, let's discuss why'.
[21:16] <Kotono> As Amaryl watches the two and nibbles on her food, Saul eyes SEira right back with a smirk. "You've never been much for your theology lessons."
06[21:19] * Seira rolls her eyes. "I like to debate the knowledge I come across, but in the case of the divine, I would get better results arguing with a wall. It's just entirely too pointless to study. Once you are actually in the rare, coveted position to engage Waukeen in a true theological debate, you've probably picked up knowledge you can't learn at those two millennia old lessons anyway.
01[21:19] <Seira> All in all, a waste of my time."
[21:19] <Kotono> "Really? Seira talks about Waukeen all the time!" Amaryl blurts out, "She seems very taken with her!"
01[21:20] <Seira> "That's because I've decided I know what she stands for and to follow that until she tells me I'm wrong," Seira admits. "I just might have hit on the right path, though."
[21:20] <Kotono> "You're as stubborn as a rock, you know that?" Saul starts to really smile then, "I can see you and a priest butting heads until both of youw alk away with migraines."
01[21:21] <Seira> "Oh, please. I know about tact. I can nod at all the right places!"
[21:24] <Kotono> Saul nods.
01[21:24] <Seira> "I can't help but love her, though," Seira adds suddenly. "On a personal level. I can't comprehend it or form it into words, but there were countless times when I felt her presence at my side, times when I had no one else and might have given up otherwise. Even if I don't have a clear memory of it all, I was and remain quite literally touched by her caring."
[21:25] <Kotono> "No, no. Mockery aside, you're onto something. There's intellectual faith and there's spiritual faith. You have the second, it's something you feel and experience. It's much like a wizard vs a sorcerer."
01[21:27] <Seira> "I never really thought about it in that way."
[21:30] <Kotono> "There's a type of divine agent who uses that. They're very close to their divinity, but it's all faith and force of personality. They're far less common than normal clergy, though." Saul says thoughtfully, "I've met one and it was a time ago."
01[21:33] <Seira> "Those must have been difficult times for the clergy," Seira sympathizes. "We might see more like them nowadays."
[21:34] <Kotono> "It was the way things had been for as long as anyone knew." Saul sips a little more tea, before adding a bit of honey to it. "We might lament not reaching farther, but it never seemed to work out."
01[21:35] <Seira> "You're still young! You'll get there!"
[21:36] <Kotono> "It was not Waukeen's will.
[21:36] <Kotono> OOC: GAh.
[21:38] <Kotono> "It was not Waukeen's will." Saul says smoothly, clearing his throat. "That's all."
[21:42] <Kotono> Amaryl swishes her tea around, "You know...about that..."
01[21:42] <Seira> "Amaryl and I talked about this, just the other day," Seira muses, finally drinking of her cooling tea. "If you've done everything you could, and still continue to make the effort, but find your efforts in that area barred, then yes, such is Waukeen's will. If not... it's just a convenient excuse, isn't it?"
[21:43] <Kotono> "Yes. But...our world was different until just a few years ago. Limited, no? Maybe it really was Waukeen's will?" Amaryl says.
[21:45] <Kotono> "Having done my own research and seen these events, I think Amaryl's right. The state of our world isn't the state it was created in." Saul puts down his feat, going for a bit of bread instead. "Something or someone was preventing things from going too far. Look at the power so many have gained os fast."
01[21:45] <Seira> "At the time, quite possibly so," Seira agrees. "We don't know enough... it might have been Ao's verdict, or something along those lines. Given that Waukeen supports us in our quest to change the world and make it more accessible to her, it would not do to look to the past for reasons to stop trying."
[21:47] <Kotono> "That's why I'm looking ot the future," Saul says, "You do the same thing so much."
01[21:48] <Seira> "I'll race you to that coveted Wish?"
[21:48] <Kotono> "It pains me, but you'll win," Saul sighs deeply, "You're rising like a meteor in reverse."
01[21:50] <Seira> "I still have much to learn, though! Such as how to always turn a profit."
[21:52] <Kotono> "No one profits every day." Saul sighs to that, "I've had days where I've lost more money than I care to think about. Which is really just making excuses, but yo ushould be aiming ot profit overall from every situation. Where have you failed lately?"
01[21:55] <Seira> "Even with your help and what scarce donations I've managed to secure, the portals continue to be an enormous sink," Seira muses. "I've also been burning through components and resources of various kinds at a surprising rate in recent days. I'm optimistic that the short-term sacrifices would be more than worth it in the future, as what happened with our family amulet and its ultimate loss,
01[21:55] <Seira> but that doesn't change the situation right now."
[21:57] <Kotono> "That means you need to go find an excuse to liberate more stolen wealth from the grip of evil?"
01[21:58] <Seira> "And that's where the true failure lies. I've managed to fail at that sacred duty on three separate occasions!" Seira laments.
[22:00] <Kotono> "Really? When?" Saul leans forward, "I'm here for absolution, my child."
06[22:03] * Seira clasps her hands before her morosely. "There was a truly unique spear I wanted to bring back with me, but a wall of pure magical force separated me from it! And then, I came across an axe that would take down the mightiest of foes in one lucky strike, yet I did not even give it a second glance.
01[22:03] <Seira> And... and I even left a lich that managed to fight Alicia and Donald off unarmed, in a field of antimagic... I didn't even check if he had a true artifact, such as one to allow him to cast a powerful spell in that field of negated magic."
[22:04] <Kotono> "I can excuse the spear, walls of force are bothersome." Saul ticks that one off, "The axe is bad and the lich is...unexcusable." Saul buries his face into his hands, "One of the Dark Six and you let his treasures pass you by? Oh Seira..."
01[22:06] <Seira> "There must be a lucky demon out there, now, wearing something that should have been properly sold by me," Seira says sadly.
[22:08] <Kotono> "Hmph." With a grumpy look, "Ah well, work harder next time."
01[22:10] <Seira> "I worked really hard to make up for it, when we went after the Neverborn!" Seira says proudly.