001. Yezrut the Relentless

Started by Corwin, November 30, 2010, 03:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:13] * Dungeon_Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 21/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 22/22'
[20:13] <Dungeon_Kotono> --------------
[20:15] <Dungeon_Kotono> Janurary 30, 398 DK. The warm winds blow in from the harbor on the Sea of Sparkling Stars. The winter thrust is muted into pleasant days thanks to this natural warming effect, snow and ice far away from anyone's minds. On this day with a watery, pale blue sky and faint sun, many things happen in the Border City of Balmuria. The shipyard booms, stout shipmen building and guiding new craft. The iron trade blooms, the center of the city
[20:16] <Dungeon_Kotono> the center of the city teeming with gold and ore to be traded. Yet near the tall front walls, tall and fearsome, the garrison is busy as well. (More)
[20:17] <Dungeon_Kotono> Amid the loud swears of shipmen, the slick eyed gazes of merchants and the eternal bustle of commerce the garrison is a loud exception. Here busy soldiers work to the exclusion of all else. It can be heard just outside of this meeting room. It's not much - a building of stone and a long table of well kept wood, chairs of local hard wood oaks. The orders this morning were simple, come to the meeting room and wait for Commander Oberuth
[20:18] <Dungeon_Kotono>  Commander Oberuth to address you personally. But yet the minutes stretch out as they have a way of doing, only each other and the noise outside offering a way to make the time go by.
[20:21] * Shamal isn't exactly the epitome of military discipline as she stands at relaxed ease, even if she does feel slightly uncomfortable with Rin left outside. Always feels a bit strange when she doesn't have any animals around. "I wonder what assignment the Commander will have for us today?" she asks, making idle conversation with her companions.
[20:21] * Berlioz stretches out, paying attention to the bustling noises outside, a stretch from meandering in vapid (if intriguing) self-musings. The eyes flicker around the room, his lips stirred in observant silent... or not quite. "Hmmmm...."
[20:23] * Seira keeps silent, projecting patience and professionalism to the outside world.
[20:23] * Lyselle gives a small shrug, toying a little with the coiled blonde braid around her head, a nervous hum breaking her little silence as she stands in immaculate uniform, aside from the emblem on her shoulder. "Who knows...we do all sorts of things these days..."
[20:24] <Dungeon_Kotono> The heavy door is casually tossed open. It slams into the stony wall, a few tapestries rattled, tales of recent battle shivered around. In he walks, having to duck down to get in under the doorframe. His head of unruly blonde hair goes about freely, a hint of yellow just above a green forest cape. He looks about, sharp and canny eyes glancing on each of you before strides in. Each step of his is worth four of a lesser man's, making li
[20:24] <Dungeon_Kotono>  making light glisten wildly off his polished breastplate. "Great. The good news first." His clean shaven bace booms and flushes red, hearty as can be. A small cloth pouch is placed on the table, four of them. "This month's pay, 15 gold each. You aren't going to get a chance to spend it for a few days, though."
[20:25] * Shamal scoops up her pay with a smile and puts it in her pocket. "An assignment out of the city, sir?" she asks, forcing herself to stand a bit more rigidly.
[20:26] <Dungeon_Kotono> Commaneder Oberuth waves his hand, "At ease, at ease. Yes, it's out of town. Due to our current lack of manpower, even our best and brightest, three gifted with magic, have to do somewhat mundane tasks."
[20:26] * Lyselle picks up her pouch, stowing it away and just listening.
[20:27] * Seira does not relax her posture despite the Commander's words, and looks at him, listening attentively.
[20:28] * Berlioz picks up his winnings and softly puts it back in a pocket, blinking as he looks up to the commander. "It's nothing to complain about, personally. There's wonder in the mundane sometimes. Anyhow, what's our assignment?"
[20:28] <Dungeon_Kotono> He goes to the seat at the head of the table, sitting down it it. It lightly creaked under the weight of the six and a half foot tall man, his sword's hild brusthing against the backing of the chair. "Good man," he smiles at Berlioz, "But yes. A few farms a day or two east of town have sent word that there have been raids of supply and livestock."
[20:30] <Shamal> "Bandits or goblins?" Shamal speculates curiously, letting her posture relax again.
[20:31] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Here's where I'm sure it gets better," The Commander wipes the bridge of his nose briefly, "The farmer that send the message insists it's goblins AND that they have crossbows. I could believe a shortbow or longbow, but either those wilds have learned a few new tricks or something is up."
[20:32] <Seira> "We are being sent to investigate, then, Commander?" Seira speaks at last.
[20:33] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yeah. I need you to find out what's doing this and make sure it doesn't happen again. I really don't care if you have to fight them or not, as long as the deed's done. If the gear's any good, bring it back. Otherwise? Find out why goblins are running around with crossbows, or find out it's bunk."
[20:34] <Seira> "Understood," she says with a short nod, and falls silent once more.
[20:34] <Dungeon_Kotono> A pause, a thought as he strokes his chin. "Go ahead and take some horses with you, as well as a couple of pack mules. If the goblins DO have crossbows of their own making I'd like to get a look at them, and if not, try to figure out who made them for them, or who they stole them from."
[20:35] <Berlioz> "Sounds reasonable enough", Berlioz remarks blankly as he gets up, wiping the monocle clean. "We're leaving today?"
[20:36] <Dungeon_Kotono> "You're leaving on the hour, so get going. Check the farmsteads in the area for more information if you like, they should be helpful." A long stretch back as your commander settles into his chair, "Do be careful. Magic or not, a crossbow bolt'll rip you open just as well as a non mage."
[20:37] * Lyselle taps her lips, smiling lightly. "Smart goblins, but don't sound quite smart enough," she nods, shifting her weight. "Any word on how many?" she asks curiously, raising one pale eyebrow.
[20:38] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Nothing reliable. The report's a mess of confused facts, but I'd guess at least a half dozen."
[20:38] <Shamal> "I wouldn't be surprised if we could triple that figure," Shamal remarks, tutting. "Goblins rarely gather in small numbers."
[20:38] <Seira> "Are we to contact any of the farmers for more details, Sir?" Seira voices.
[20:39] * Hotaru-chan (dragomirst@c-24-245-47-183.hsd1.mn.comcast.net) has joined #dunes
[20:39] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Hotaru-chan Hotaru-chan
[20:39] * Lyselle (~dragomirs@225-52-77-204.sptc.mnscu.edu) Quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Hotaru-chan))
[20:39] * Hotaru-chan is now known as Lyselle
[20:40] <Dungeon_Kotono> "By all means, Seira, by all means. If they won't cooperate," A quick, strong smile shows on his face, "For whatever reason, just have Lyselle wave around her oversized mace? Now get going."
[20:41] <Berlioz> "Good to know your average village worker is still intelligent and composed, regardless...", the remark comes subdued and muffled. "Well, on march", Berlioz voices as he prepares to leave.
[20:41] <Shamal> "We'll be careful, sir," Shamal smiles disarmingly, before starting towards the door. "I have to gather a few things from home, so I'll see you all on the hour."
[20:42] * Lyselle just gives a small sigh at the remark about her favored weapon, and would toss her hair, if it wasn't up in preparation for a helmet to sit on her head. "Likewise, I should be clothing myself in more metallic garb," she agrees, offering a smile to her comrades before heading after the other blonde.
[20:42] * Seira salutes the Commander, and having been dismissed, leaves the room.
[20:45] <Dungeon_Kotono> So in an hour the Crimson Guardmates gather. A set of four horses with bridles and addle, ready to be ridden. Two pack mules bring up the rear, the party ready to go. Ahead the heavy portculluses are raised for the day, no defenses between you and leaving. Only a few passing caravans and traders, coming with gold and leaving with iron. OOC - Go ahead and mention in the OOC room if you're bringing or leaving anything of note.
[20:48] <Dungeon_Kotono> Two guards stand at each end of the game, each saluting. A young one with rakish brown hair crammed under a heavy steel cap calls, "Good luck, sirs!"
[20:48] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Ah, and Ladies!" He adds, after getting ac loser look.
[20:49] * Seira doesn't raise an eyebrow at the address or the correction, proceeding calmly past the gates.
[20:49] * Hotaru-chan (dragomirst@225-52-77-204.sptc.mnscu.edu) has joined #dunes
[20:49] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Hotaru-chan Hotaru-chan
[20:49] * Berlioz does, however, raise an eyebrow and stop. "I am not a lady myself, but what's the concern?"
[20:50] * Shamal gives the guards a friendly nod and smile. "Keep an eye on the place while we're gone," she replies lightly as her horse trots out, Rin padding along beside it and Flopsy nestled in an open saddlebag.
[20:50] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Uh..." The young guard gets a few eyerolls from the older one besides him, mustached and grizzled. "Um...Just good luck on whateve ryour mission is!"
[20:51] * Lyselle (dragomirst@c-24-245-47-183.hsd1.mn.comcast.net) Quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Hotaru-chan))
[20:51] * Hotaru-chan is now known as Lyselle
[20:53] <Dungeon_Kotono> The weather ahead is fair. The day proceeds at a brisk trot, the wind keeping everything warm as can be. PAst the city you soon find a l ight sprinkling of trees around the scant main road, trees increasing and path decreasing as you go along. By about 5 PM or so you should be by some of the first farmships if one wished to stop.
[20:55] <Shamal> "I believe there's a homestead just around this bend," Shamal speaks up as they ride along. "Perhaps we should stop and say hello?"
[20:55] <Seira> "Yes, we should stop at a farm to find out more," Seira agrees. "Our information may be dated."
[20:55] <Berlioz> "Not to mention our horses aren't made of steel. A stop would be more than welcome."
[20:56] <Dungeon_Kotono> Amid the waning rays of the day the farmship is cut out. THere are no trees here, all long ago removed by heavy muscles and hard work. A few plowed fields are here, a barn, a livestock pen and a few grazing cows. The farmhouse is in good shape, recently build and supported with strong logs. A farmer tills the field, working away as you approach. You note he also has what looks to be a woodax slung across his back now.
[20:57] <Shamal> Even if he's been chopping wood, he wouldn't carry an axe onto the field unless he expected trouble... "I think he might have heard of our goblins, at the very least," Shamal notes, raising her voice to call out, "Hello there!" as they approach.
[20:58] <Dungeon_Kotono> The farmer stops, his dirty brown clothes sweatstained. A hand goes to his ax hilt as he peers ahead, squinting. "Aaah! Travellers?" he asks, warily stopping his actions and standing his ground. He's just into middle age, a few streaks of gray in his black hair.
[20:59] <Dungeon_Kotono> He doesn't sound so nice,  though, cautiously keeping his voice level but very loud.
[20:59] <Seira> "We are with the Guard," Seira introduces them. "Our mission is to examine the rumors of raiding goblins in the area."
[20:59] <Dungeon_Kotono> "
[21:00] * Lyselle just smiles, waving to the farmer and stopping her massive charger. "Examine and rectify," she adds, smiling and pulling off her helmet to offer a friendly face rather than an armored figure.
[21:00] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Ya don't sound like Goblins," he agrees, squinting harder before he slowly begins to approach. "Yeah? They took my best prize cow two nights ago!" He shivers with anger, "Gone like the wind! Worth at least 50 gold! A year's worth of work!"
[21:01] * Berlioz idly glances, adjusting his monocle. "Well, it seems we're on the right track."
[21:01] <Shamal> "Did you see them?" Shamal asks, dismounting and walking closer so they can talk without yelling.
[21:02] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yeah! The bastards are smart! THey came in and snuck right into my kitchen! They made so much noise that they woke us up! When we came down they ran off and got away...grr..." The farmer slams a callused fist into his hip, "But we found out that the cow was missing when we came back from chasing them! Gone completely!"
[21:03] * Hotaru-chan (dragomirst@225-52-77-204.sptc.mnscu.edu) has joined #dunes
[21:03] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Hotaru-chan Hotaru-chan
[21:04] * Lyselle (dragomirst@225-52-77-204.sptc.mnscu.edu) Quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Hotaru-chan))
[21:04] * Hotaru-chan is now known as Lyselle
[21:06] <Shamal> "Two days... hmm, have you heard from any of the nearby farms if they've been raided within the last day, by any chance?" Shamal asks. "If it's anything more recent, we might be able to track them."
[21:06] * Berlioz dismounts and approaches, in order to not miss the whole conversation.
[21:07] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yeah, ol' Peter down the way had his supplies raided." He swears bitterly, "It was the worst - those ones in the kitchen were fast AND had those little hand held things - crossbows, aren't they? Tiny little things. Kept us busy, didn't even have a chance!"
[21:08] <Seira> "Did the marauding goblins use those crossbows?" Seira asks the farmer.
[21:08] * Berlioz scratches his head. "Okay. This seems like a strikingly organized little bunch. Do they have a schedule to strike?"
[21:09] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Didn't really shoot 'em, but we saw them clearly!" He nods to that, "It's a cow, but I didn't wanna lose a cow and part of my guts, too."
[21:10] <Berlioz> "Has anyone seen them actually shooting with those bows?"
[21:10] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Uh...I dunno." A pause there as he scratches at his head, shaking it back and forth. "Maybe ol' Peter knows?"
[21:10] * Lyselle remains mounted, looking around to keep an eye out. "The organization is scarier than the use of crossbows...no idea if there were any leaders?"
[21:12] <Dungeon_Kotono> "They were just green goblins in smelly old leather. Sorry?" he asks, "Dammit, I should've noticed that. Ol' drill instructor would've had my ass if I'd missed something like that ten years ago."
[21:13] <Shamal> "Well, how about you tell us the way to Peter's farm?" Shamal asks pleasantly. "If nothing else, we might get a scent for Rin to track them by if it's still fresh."
[21:14] <Dungeon_Kotono> "That aways = should get there by dusk with any luck," The farmer points further east, "Just follow the old path and ignore the animal trails that go off it."
[21:15] <Seira> "Thank you," Seira tells him. "May this bout of misfortune be your last."
[21:16] * Berlioz nods, mounting back. "Well, this is probably as good a lead as we get until we reach Peter's domain. Shall we go?"
[21:16] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Ye-" He squints at Seira, narrowing hsi eyes. "...'ey! What's with your ears?"
[21:17] <Seira> "They are pointy," she replies succinctly.
[21:18] <Dungeon_Kotono> "You're...hey, you're an elf!" There are sputters of shock there, "By Helm, an elf!"
[21:18] <Seira> "You may not touch them," she tells in advance.
[21:20] <Shamal> "But they're so cute," Shamal giggles, perhaps showing a lack of professionalism as she climbs back into the saddle.
[21:20] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Huh?" He blinks, but just shakes his head, "An elf..."
[21:20] * Berlioz raises an eyebrow. "I know elves are pretty rare around these parades, but what's with the brutal shock here?"
[21:23] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOc - Is anyone going to do anything of note on the trip towards the next farmstead?
[21:23] <Shamal> OOC: nope
[21:25] <Berlioz> OOC: Not really.
[21:25] <Lyselle> OOC - Guess not.
[21:26] <Dungeon_Kotono> The sun is indeed setting as you go along. The world is blanketed in rays of red and yellow, trees sending forth garbled shadows in preperation for nightfall. Ol Pete's farm is older, a bigger field with a few young men just finishing up for the day. It's much like the other one, bigger but older in compensation. Save for a large shack a bit off the house, with it's doors lying on the side, as if ripped off the hinges.
[21:28] * Shamal guides her horse up towards the house and calls out towards the farm workers, "Hello? We're looking for Pete!"
[21:29] <Dungeon_Kotono> It's three of them in total, young and just puttin gthe farming tools together for the day. In this warm weather, even winter is atime of crops and life. The house has a few lights on, two stories and the first story lit up with candlelight, perhaps? "Yeah? Granddad's in his room. What do you want with him?"
[21:30] <Shamal> "We're from the Balmuria City Guard - we'd like to talk to him about the goblin raid last night, if that's alright," Shamal explains nicely.
[21:32] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Heh," he smiles a bit as he sees the women, eyeing each of them in turn. "Sure. Brad can take care of your animals." The youngest one, just past adolescence, glares but comes forward.
[21:33] * Seira allows Brad to take the reigns of her horse, sliding over next to Shamal.
[21:34] * Berlioz approaches, already unmounted, and leaves the reins to one of the boys.
[21:34] <Dungeon_Kotono> As the horses are taken away, you are lead to the house. "Yeah. We see a stray goblin or two every so often, but never like this before." As you approach, you can smell cooking chicken and vegetables, the scent making your stomachs perk up.
[21:36] <Shamal> "Wait here for mommy, Rin," Shamal tells her dog, giving her a friendly scratch behind the ears before following inside "Yes, we've heard that they're unusually bold and organised."
[21:36] <Berlioz> "Makes me wonder if there's someone pulling strings from here. Although probably not worth the thought."
[21:37] <Seira> "All will be revealed when we find them," Seira voices, not sounding terribly concerned.
[21:38] <Lyselle> "...Probably worth much thought," Lyselle chides, feeling a little self-conscious as the only person in plate armor, stepping through behind the others. "That someone is probably the most dangerous thing possible here."
[21:40] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yeah. They were organized. Had a few of hem menace the livestock, while the rest went and raided our supplies. Rope, candles, wood, farming equipment, everything they could drag off." Inside is a plain farmhouse, a table being set by a late middle aged woman. An old man sits there, smiling as he watches her. The smell of food is stronger in the air, as she turns. "Visitors?"
[21:41] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Doubt it," the old man chortles, "They look like soldiers. Here about the goblins?"
[21:42] * Berlioz nods. "Yes. We're from Balmuria, assigned to investigate these... raids."
[21:45] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Hungry?" he asks, gesturing to the chairs. "I saw some of it from the window. Five goblins with rope and a level, prying the storage room doors off while my grandsons chased the ones by the animal pens."
[21:47] <Shamal> "We'd be happy to accept your hospitality while you tell us about these raids," Shamal replies brightly. "Is this the first time they've attacked your farm or have they been before?"
[21:51] <Dungeon_Kotono> "First time here, though they've been doing the rounds from what I've heard. They come by at night and get away with something valuable as a rule."
[21:52] <Berlioz> "What kind of valuable are we talking about here? The farmer we met earlier today had his prized cow stolen, but do they restrict themselves to livestock or do they go further?"
[21:54] <Dungeon_Kotono> "I got supplies stolen, he got a cow stolen? Thingsl ike that, there aren't any more valuable things on a farm." As you sit food comes and is placed, chicken stew. "If you find them, can you return them?
[21:54] <Seira> "If they haven't eaten the cow, certainly," Seira answers with a nod.
[21:55] <Shamal> "Of course, we will do our utmost to return your belongings once we find these goblins," Shamal promises. "On that note, did they perhaps drop anything while they were here? Or take anything with a distinctive scent?"
[21:57] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Mmmm." Tapping his old, wrinkled chin, "Candles, ...no...oh! They took some seeds for next year, wheat seeds and a bag of apple seeds. My Grandsons want to start an orchard as well."
[22:01] <Shamal> "I'm not sure if seeds would be enough for Rin to get a scent," Shamal laments. "Hmm... we do know that they've been raiding farms on a regular basis - perhaps even every night. Do you know of any nearby that haven't been hit, yet?"
[22:03] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yes..mmmm. There's a farmstead about five miles down - it's some crazy old war guy who runs it. Hasn't had any problems."
[22:05] <Shamal> "Perhaps we should investigate that place tonight?" Shamal suggests. "It's possible we might catch them in the act if we're lucky."
[22:05] <Berlioz> "If nothing else, we may get further leads. Nowhere to go but up from now, I guess."
[22:06] * Seira nods in agreement, adding, "We should not dally."
[22:07] * Shamal nods and stands up. "Thank you for your hospitality," she smiles to their hosts. "Hopefully we'll have good news when you see us again."
[22:07] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Probably not," The wife agrees, "Someone will get hurt sooner or later."
[22:07] <Lyselle> "Did he settle here only after the war?" Lyselle finally asks more softly as she stands, smiling warmly. "And thank you," she murmurs, almost happily.
[22:08] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yeah," Ol' Peter nods as the soldiers get up, "Good luck."
[22:08] * Berlioz stands up, leaving as he waves blankly. "Thank you for the hospitality."
[22:10] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOOOC - Heading along now? Doing anything of note on the way?
[22:10] <Shamal> OOC: Heading along and doing nothing of note
[22:11] <Berlioz> OOC: Just moving along, yeah.
[22:12] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Make listening checks, all of you.
[22:12] <Seira> roll 1d20+1 I'm not our ears
[22:12] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 I'm not our ears and gets 20."12 [1d20=19]
[22:12] <Seira> OOC: Maybe I am?!
[22:12] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7
[22:12] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 21."12 [1d20=14]
[22:12] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[22:12] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 10."12 [1d20=9]
[22:13] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin has ears, too!
[22:13] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin has ears, too! and gets 12."12 [1d20=7]
[22:13] <Berlioz> roll 20+1 Beethoven was deaf
[22:13] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 20+1 Beethoven was deaf and gets 21."12
[22:13] <Berlioz> roll d20+1 Beethoven was deaf
[22:13] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls d20+1 Beethoven was deaf and gets 13."12 [d20=12]
[22:14] <Dungeon_Kotono> Night falls as you head along. Dark night, only a sliver moon giving any light at all. A sliver moon and the stairs, a dim road followed... OOC - Sec, PMs.
[22:15] <Dungeon_Kotono> It's  afairly normal little path, dusty and quiet. Bushes and a few trees line it, the terrain beginning to become more natural and less travelled.
[22:16] * Seira stops her horse, drawing her bow and an arrow as she looks off to the right intently.
[22:16] * Shamal pauses and silently holds up a hand to stall the others as she looks towards the right.
[22:16] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[22:16] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 11."12 [1d20=11]
[22:17] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC- Spot check, Seira.
[22:17] <Seira> roll 1d20+1 I suck!
[22:17] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 I suck! and gets 8."12 [1d20=7]
[22:17] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC- Spot check, Shamal.
[22:17] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7
[22:17] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 16."12 [1d20=9]
[22:18] * Seira frowns. "I don't see anything," she says quietly, "and whatever it was seems to be moving away."
[22:20] * Shamal casts a light spell on a copper coin and hurls it in the direction she heard the noise!
[22:22] <Dungeon_Kotono> The coin is tossed, landing in the bushes! Light floods the area, illuminating! OOC - Go ahead and remake your spot checks, you two. Others can check if they want as well, assuming they're looking or whatever.
[22:22] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7
[22:22] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 24."12 [1d20=17]
[22:22] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[22:22] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 and gets 21."12 [1d20=20]
[22:22] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin has low-light vision!
[22:22] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin has low-light vision! and gets 6."12 [1d20=1]
[22:22] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[22:22] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 13."12 [1d20=12]
[22:24] <Berlioz> roll d20+1
[22:24] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls d20+1 and gets 11."12 [d20=10]
[22:24] <Dungeon_Kotono> Shamal, Lyselle and Seira can see it! A flash of green goblin and dirty brown leathers, faraway and going through the bushes! Just a glimpse as it already has agood lead and isn't stopping!
[22:25] <Shamal> "Rin, go get it!" Shamal commands, pointing at the goblin before guiding her less maneuvrable horse in the same direction.
[22:27] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay. Con check, dog vs goblin.
[22:27] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[22:27] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 6."12 [1d20=6]
[22:28] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+2 and gets 17."12 [1d20=15]
[22:28] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - We'll resume there tomorrow.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[21:03] <Dungeon_Kotono> It's a chase! Horses plunge into the underbrush, the soft silence of the night shattered like stained glass! The horses struggle with the bushes, slowed down - but the riding dog of Shamal is not! Rin zips through the bushes, chasing after a goblin! As you try to keep pace you can distantly see ahead. The goblin has gotten tangled, the wolf having caught up to him! OOC - You're maybe 40 feet away or something like that. Dog's at him
[21:04] <Dungeon_Kotono> Dog's at him and can take a free action.
[21:05] <Shamal> Following her orders, Rin tries to bite the goblin!
[21:05] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 and gets 20."12 [1d20=17]
[21:05] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Hit.
[21:05] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+3 and gets 5."12 [1d6=2]
[21:05] <Shamal> OOC: she tries to trip it as well
[21:05] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Go for it.
[21:05] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 strength check
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 strength check and gets 17."12 [1d20=14]
[21:06] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[21:06] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 5."12 [1d20=5]
[21:07] * Seira dismounts and approaches the goblin and Shamal's dog on foot, her bow lowered towards the ground.
[21:07] <Dungeon_Kotono> What a takedown! Rin bites into the green side of the goblin, tattered leather and red blood mixing in it's mouth! With a dogged determination it drags the goblin all the way to the ground, pinning it hard! "Aaaaaah!" You hear a cry of supreme pain, reedy voiced. "Stopstopstop!"
[21:08] <Shamal> "Rin, down!" Shamal yells, her dog obediently disengaging as they approach. "Stay where you are, Goblin, and we won't hurt you!" Any more.
[21:08] <Dungeon_Kotono> As Seira approaches she can see a small hand crossbow on the ground besides the downed goblin.
[21:08] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Fine!" It curls into a ball, cradling it's heavily bleeding side. "Down! I'm down! Not moving!"
[21:08] * Seira raises an eyebrow at this. "Who gave you this weapon?" she asks the goblin, indicating the crossbow.
[21:09] <Dungeon_Kotono> The goblins ays something, but it's most disagreeably lost in it's moanings of pain. At least it's not moving at all.
[21:10] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[21:10] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 13."12 [1d20=13]
[21:10] * Shamal dismounts her horse and goes over to the Goblin. "Stay still," she warns, casting cure minor wounds to at least salve it a little.
[21:11] * Lyselle snorts darkly, maintaining her mounted status for the sake of security and looking around. "Are there any more of you out here?" she adds, glaring at the green mongrel creature.
[21:12] <Dungeon_Kotono> The magic does that, taking it's cries of pain down from considerable to slightly less considerable. "Our leader gave them to us." It speaks slowly, sucking in a lot of wind between sentences. OOC - Spot check, Miss L.
[21:12] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 14."12 [1d20=13]
[21:12] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 8."12 [1d20=8]
[21:13] * Berlioz approaches still mounted, glancing at the group. "Well, this was surprisingly fast..."
[21:13] <Dungeon_Kotono> Lyselle fails to see anything of note.
[21:14] <Seira> "The goblins we heard of operated in groups," Seira tells Berlioz. "It stands to reason that more are around."
[21:14] * Shamal takes a moment to disarm the goblin of any other weapons while it's down. "We want to ask you about the raids you've been doing on the local farms," she begins sternly.
[21:14] <Dungeon_Kotono> The goblin doesn't reply to Lyselle's question in any sort of orderly way.
[21:15] <Berlioz> "Makes sense, but to run into one of the critters this quickly... hmmm. It's a bout of luck, I'd say."
[21:15] <Dungeon_Kotono> It only has the crossbow that you see, but it has a sling on it's back for something long. A sword isn't right, so perhaps some sort of spear or pole? It isn't on the creature, however.
[21:15] <Dungeon_Kotono> After a bit of searching Shamal does find 10 crossbow bolts on a belt, however.
[21:16] <Seira> "We haven't reached our destination. Perhaps, his allies are attacking it, and he was left to stand guard?" Seira voices.
[21:17] * Shamal hands the crossbow and bolts over to Seira. "Well, Mr Goblin?" she prods. "Going to tell us about your friends?"
[21:19] <Dungeon_Kotono> It's quiet for al ittle bit, before, "Why should I say anything?" it asks, voice shaking but defiant.
[21:19] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Make a listening check, Shamal.
[21:20] <Shamal> "Well, I did heal you, didn't I?" Shamal observes nicely. "I'd say I'm being very nice, considering you've been robbing people we're protecting."
[21:20] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 14."12 [1d20=7]
[21:20] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Actually, everyone check.
[21:20] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 and gets 12."12 [1d20=11]
[21:20] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 4."12 [1d20=3]
[21:20] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[21:20] <Berlioz> roll d20+1
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 12."12 [1d20=7]
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls d20+1 and gets 14."12 [d20=13]
[21:23] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Heh..m-magic?" THe goblin turns it's head up, looking at Shamal with wide, surprised eyes. "Shaman?"
[21:24] <Shamal> "That's one way of putting it," Shamal smiles genially. "So, aren't you going to help the nice Shaman out or am I going to have to use even more magic?"
[21:24] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[21:24] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 3."12 [1d20=3]
[21:26] <Dungeon_Kotono> Thunk. A crossbolt bolt slams into a tree near Berlioz's side, only a few feet away from him. It came from the north, 30 feet away or so and in more underbrush. At that moment the goblin grits it's teeth, getting up and rolling away, moving!
[21:27] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Surprise round over, initiative.
[21:27] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 Shamal
[21:27] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+2
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+2 Shamal and gets 5."12 [1d20=3]
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+2 and gets 16."12 [1d20=14]
[21:27] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 Rin
[21:27] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 goblin
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+2 Rin and gets 13."12 [1d20=11]
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 goblin and gets 7."12 [1d20=7]
[21:27] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 ???
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 ??? and gets 6."12 [1d20=6]
[21:27] <Seira> roll 1d20+4
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+4 and gets 9."12 [1d20=5]
[21:28] <Berlioz> roll roll d20+1
[21:31] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[21:31] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 17."12 [1d20=16]
[21:31] <Dungeon_Kotono> Berlioz>Lyselle>Shamal>Seira=Goblin>????
[21:32] <Dungeon_Kotono> Berlioz>Lyselle>Rin>Seira=Goblin>????>Shamal
[21:32] <Dungeon_Kotono> The wounded goblin breathes heavily in the dark night, but has made some distance before the party got a chance to react! It certainly wasn't surprised, just booking in away and further to the east, into the stretching underbrush.
[21:36] * Berlioz looks up and reacts, focusing on the running goblin to cast a Lullaby spell.
[21:36] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[21:36] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 3."12 [1d20=3]
[21:37] <Dungeon_Kotono> The soft lullaby of Berlioz croons the running goblin! It's eyes droop even as it runs, stumbling a bit and fighting off the urge to curl into a sleeping ball of goblin! OOC - Lyselle go.
[21:42] <Lyselle> Unable to target the other goblin, Lyselle begins riding forward, moving quickly to catch up, and slam her mace into the goblin's skull from behind!
[21:42] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Charging?
[21:43] <Lyselle> OOC - May as well since I need to get to the other one.
[21:43] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay, you'll manage to reach it on horseback, just barely. Attack away.
[21:44] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+11 Goblin brains!
[21:44] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+11 Goblin brains! and gets 22."12 [1d20=11]
[21:45] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Hitterize.
[21:45] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[21:45] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+3 and gets 11."12 [1d8=8]
[21:46] <Dungeon_Kotono> AT the very arc of her run Lyselle passes by the goblin! Her mace comes down in a heavy arc of steel,splattering it's brains out onto the forest! It's dead before it even hits the ground! OOC - Rin.
[21:47] <Shamal> "Rin, go get it!" Shamal gestures into the undergrowth where the shot came from, her attack dog bounding forward to find the goblin and maul it if she can!
[21:47] * Hello-Nightbug (~assis_san@201.47.167.101.adsl.gvt.net.br) has joined #dunes
[21:47] * Dungeon_Kotono sets mode: +o Hello-Nightbug
[21:49] * Berlioz (~assis_san@200.175.131.200.adsl.gvt.net.br) Quit (Ping timeout)
[21:49] * Hello-Nightbug is now known as Berlioz
[21:51] <Dungeon_Kotono> The chase is on again! Into the thicker bushes Rin goes, flushing the goblin out! It's running indeed, seen by Seira in the dim light! It's having to stand as the dog chases it, another green goblin in old leather armor! It has enough of a lead to where Rin won't catch it right away, though! OOC - Seira.
[21:53] <Seira> As soon as she spots the fleeing goblin that attacked them so cravenly, Seira dips her head in a curt bow of thanks to Rin and loosens a pair of arrows after the goblin.
[21:53] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A1
[21:53] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+5 A1 and gets 21."12 [1d20=16]
[21:53] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A2
[21:53] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+5 A2 and gets 21."12 [1d20=16]
[21:54] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Geez. Do yer damage. Owwie.
[21:54] <Seira> roll 2d8
[21:54] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 2d8 and gets 4."12 [2d8=1, 3]
[21:55] <Dungeon_Kotono> Two arrows fly out, one grazing the goblin's shoulder and another going into it's hip! The green thing stumbles before falling to the ground, "Stop! Surrender!"
[21:56] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - It's not making any movement to evade or defend itself, so goa head and freeact.
[21:56] * Shamal hesitates this time, after the last goblin's trick. But... eh, they need to interrogate them, after all. "Rin, down!" she instructs her dog to break off her pursuit. "Perhaps someone else could try interrogating this one?" she suggests, after the last one failed so badly.
[21:56] <Seira> "Why have you been raiding the nearby farms?" Seira asks him calmly, as she approaches the goblin, another arrow finding its way to her bow.
[21:57] * Lyselle dismounts, marching forward with her flanged and spiked mace dripping blood and gore, standing near the goblin.
[21:57] <Dungeon_Kotono> This one lies on it's side, an arrow poking out of it's right hip merrily. A thin tril of blood flows out, as it closes it's eyes in pain. "Yezrut wants supplies. He says you humans make better supplies than we do. Better food, too."
[21:58] <Seira> "Why not just purchase it, then?" she asks him with a frown.
[21:58] <Dungeon_Kotono> "You're safe, you don't need to kill me. He has us..." It's slightly feral and whiny voice is clouded with gasps of pain, "Work in pairs."
[21:58] * Shamal looks after the horses, letting those with more threatening demeanours handle this goblin. That's probably what they respond better to.
[21:59] * Shamal also recovers her glowing copper!
[21:59] <Seira> "How many of these pairs exist?" Seira asks the goblin next.
[21:59] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Three." It answers that in a single word, reaching up and grabbing the arrow stuckin with both hands. With a grunt he pulls it free, gasping loud! "Aaah!"
[22:00] <Shamal> With the horses gathered up, Shamal keeps watch for more trickery!
[22:00] * Seira thinks a bit about her next question. "Did Yezrut give you these weapons?"
[22:01] * Seira indicates the crossbow.
[22:02] * Berlioz approaches and glances. "More importantly, where is this Yezrut? And... hmmm. May I have a look at this crossbow, Seira?"
[22:03] <Dungeon_Kotono> "We got them. They're better than the old bows." Now in pain, it scoots to a nearby tree and rests against it. "Why should I tell you? You're going to try to kill our band."
[22:03] * Seira hands it to him without looking away from the goblin.
[22:03] * Berlioz checks the bow carefully, in order to recognize its value.
[22:03] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Apprasial check.
[22:04] <Seira> "That is not true," she informs the goblin. "If you were to return all you stole and directed us to the one in charge, there is no need to kill any of you."
[22:04] <Berlioz> roll d20+5 for mad spectacles skillz
[22:04] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls d20+5 for mad spectacles skillz and gets 20."12 [d20=15]
[22:04] <Shamal> "We might not if you cooperate!" Shamal chimes in nicely. "I even healed your friend... he just didn't appreciate it properly..." she glances back at the brains smeared over the ground just past the fallen goblin and winces.
[22:05] <Dungeon_Kotono> Berlioz - it's not masterwork, but it's a very solid hand crossbow. You can just tell that you think it's of Malmuth or United Baronies design, most likely the former.
[22:06] * Berlioz ponders for a moment over the crossbow. "Huh. This is quite a solid work. Seems to be made either in Malmuth or the United Baronies. Whoever armed these mongrels invested a decent amount of money on it."
[22:07] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Never trust an elf!" There's a look of sincere disgust and anger there, the goblin spitting at Seira. "...but..." It looks down and away, "Do you wanna meet him?"
[22:08] <Seira> "As expected," Seira agrees with Berlioz, before looking at the goblin pointedly. "Yes. I cannot wait. Take us to your leader."
[22:08] <Shamal> "And no funny business!" Shamal adds, frowning.
[22:09] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Fine, but you'll regret it if you try something..." It says, nodding tiredly.
[22:09] <Lyselle> "Just remember that it might be your skull next decorating the trees," Lyselle adds wearily, rolling her eyes at the green little creature.
[22:10] <Berlioz> "Whoever the leader is, I doubt he's doing this for profit, anyway. It's a damned large sum to arm a bunch of goblins for raids. Unless he's looking forward creating an united goblin crime syndicate, this way of work is... uh... inefficient", Berlioz ponders idly. In retrospect, the idea -is- economically unsound...
[22:11] <Shamal> "I bet it's someone from Malmuth," Shamal nods. "It's a way to harass us without being directly incriminated."
[22:12] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - If you're ready to move on - casting Mage Armor, Shamal
[22:13] <Shamal> OOC: yes, just before we meet the goblins. Don't want to cast it too early and have it run out.
[22:15] <Dungeon_Kotono> So the party is lead along. OFf the beaten road and away from the last farm, into thicker and thicker woods. The night is soon pierced by a jagged cresecent moon sliver, rising high above like the noon sun. In this heavy and cool but not too cool night you soon come to a clearing. A clearing of tents made of animal skin, a large bonefire in the center. Here you can see at least three dozen goblins eating, a large cow speared over the
[22:16] <Dungeon_Kotono> speared over the fire. Cooked away, the center of an evening feast. As you get close, you can see spears, crossbows and the like around - and one goblin that gets attention. A high backed wooden chair has been taken, put in front of the fire. A greatsword as tall as it's body rests besides him as he looks out. Tall, lean and green, he chews on a chunk of cow. Unlike the others he wears a shiny breast plate and greaves, as well as some
[22:17] <Dungeon_Kotono>  as well as some sort of pendant that catches the firelight. Your wounded 'friend' shakes his head, "Don't go rushing in - I'll get his attention." He walks with a limp now, having bled a fair bit.
[22:18] * Shamal stays close to Rin, protected by an invisible field of magic and a spell on the tip of her tongue as she waits to see how this plays out.
[22:19] * Seira stays in the back, ready to provide support should they be betrayed right at the start.
[22:19] * Berlioz stays in the back rows as well. You never know what might happen in a domain of goblins...
[22:20] * Lyselle stays well back, watching and ready, hoping this doesn't turn into some kind of massive last stand.
[22:20] <Dungeon_Kotono> The goblin hobbles forward, calling as he gets away from you. "Yezrut! Human soldiers wish to speak to you!"
[22:21] * Lyselle (dragomirst@225-52-77-204.sptc.mnscu.edu) Quit (Back in a little bit. -=SysReset 2.53=-)
[22:21] <Dungeon_Kotono> The sitting goblin looks your way instantly, quick as a cat. He smoothly leaps off his chair, flipping over his sword , grabbing the hilt with both hands as he does! So he lands, holding the massively long blade with amazing competence. "Humans? What do you want?"
[22:22] <Dungeon_Kotono> The rest of the goblins stop, looking your way. Some get weapons ready, fanning out and around. Several crossbows are loading or being loaded, spears readied. "Not yet, let's at least see what the want," the leader warns, not having to glance back.
[22:23] <Shamal> "We want you to stop raiding our farms," Shamal states openly, certainly not interested in cowering before a goblin. She has awesome magic on her side, even if they have... um... lots of arrows pointed at her.
[22:25] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Hah! A woman?" Yezrut laughs, sword angled to rest over his shoulder, wildly pointing at the sky. "Soldiers, then? Now then, tell me - why should I believe you for a moment?" The creature grins, showing a mouthful of yellow teeth. "Last group of humans couldn't even keep their word for two days."
[22:26] <Shamal> "And you did nothing to provoke them?" Shamal asks, raising an eyebrow.
[22:26] * Lyselle (dragomirst@225-52-77-204.sptc.mnscu.edu) has joined #dunes
[22:26] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Lyselle Lyselle
[22:26] <Dungeon_Kotono> The wounded goblin keeps limping away from you, heading towards the fire. "Of course not." He narrows his eyes a moment...
[22:26] <Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[22:26] * Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 15."12 [1d20=15]
[22:27] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Bunch of hard noses that wanted to play nice an then betray us since they didn't think goblins were worth paying."
[22:28] <Dungeon_Kotono> The fire roars, casting shadows over all the goblins. They're feral little creatures, yet very deadly weapons await. A few glare at the humans, a couple more cheering.
[22:29] <Shamal> "Paying you? Like whomever is paying you by providing those crossbows?" Shamal probes. "No offense, but they don't appear to be of goblin craft."
[22:30] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Hah. No, no. You're right. Goblins can't make a thing like this. Pity." AT this, he takes out his pendant with one hand, running his fingers over it. You can almost see it. "We can take what we want."
[22:32] * Berlioz raises an eyebrow. "That's an interesting pendant. Where did you get it?"
[22:33] <Dungeon_Kotono> There are a few rowdy murmurs there, but the goblin leader lets the pendant go. It dangles over his breastplate, as he holsd a hand out again. "Secret."
[22:35] <Shamal> "Well, how long do you think you can keep taking what you want?" Shamal asks. "Your actions have been noticed by Balmuria, and that's why we're here. Even if you refuse to deal with us, do you think the next forces sent from the city will even bother to talk with you at all?" she goes on firmly, keeping her eyes locked onto the leader's.
[22:36] <Dungeon_Kotono> His pendant dangles, two crisscrossed swords together. Almost like some sort of crest or emblem? "We're back into the wilds. We have what we need for a good time, and you won't be able to reach us there." There is a note of smugness there, strong.
[22:36] <Seira> "You do realize that what you are doing is wrong?" Seira asks at last, seeking to clarify matters.
[22:39] <Dungeon_Kotono> "So what? One of my scouts came back with a hole in his side and the other hasn't come back." There's a heavy note there, both hands supporting his sword now. "Now if would, my good graces are beginning to run out. I'm more than happy to move along and never see you little humans again."  His emblem rustles again - even from here you can tell it's of fine make. Crossed swords, no less, some sort of symbol.
[22:41] <Seira> The emblem is very prominent, and Seira dutifully takes the time to examine it!
[22:41] * Berlioz observes the pendant more intently. It's quite an intriguing piece, especially when handled by a goblin.
[22:42] * Lyselle frowns at the pendant, trying to remember if it's any of the multitude of emblems other noble houses use.
[22:42] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[22:42] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+5 and gets 10."12 [1d20=5]
[22:42] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[22:42] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+5 and gets 8."12 [1d20=3]
[22:42] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Check on knowledge nobility or history, whichever.
[22:42] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+8
[22:42] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+8 and gets 26."12 [1d20=18]
[22:43] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[22:43] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 7."12 [1d20=6]
[22:45] <Lyselle> "So...Malmuth hired you? So now you come wandering into the Baronies? Aren't you just a social person," Lyselle answers dryly, focusing on that symbol. "Just pawns of the empire, I guess."
[22:47] <Dungeon_Kotono> To that the goblin leader smiles, "And?" he asks, pointed. There is some murmuring behind him, however.
[22:48] * Seira tries to put those ears to use and catch a drift of what the murmuring is all about.
[22:48] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Hearing check.
[22:48] <Seira> roll 1d20+1 laf
[22:48] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 laf and gets 20."12 [1d20=19]
[22:49] <Lyselle> "Oh, nothing, just amused that for someone talking about 'little' humans, you're the willing lapdog of some sniveling southern imperialist," Lyselle laughs.
[22:50] * Berlioz crosses his arms boredly. "You also realize that you're probably getting hunted into oblivion like hapless animals the moment the Empire expires any use out of you, right?"
[22:50] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Are you done now?" Yezrut turns his back to the humans, "Go back to worrying about if your fellow humans are going to hunt you down."
[22:51] <Seira> "Not quite. Were parties of soldiers sent after you and your scouts before you started working with Malmuth?" Seira asks the leader, though she directs the question to the other goblins.
[22:51] <Seira> "That does not sound like a beginning to an auspicious relationship between you two."
[22:53] <Shamal> "Well, I'm sure at least one of them is doing well from the deal," Shamal notes idly, playing along with Seira.
[22:53] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Tell them that after you dig them up again," Yezrut snorts, walking away, going to talk to the other goblins. Words are exchanged, work starting as tents are carefully broken down, though many also stay on arrow guard.
[22:55] <Shamal> "Let's go," Shamal murmurs softly to her companions, starting to head back the way they came, albeit keeping an eye on the goblins as she departs.
[22:55] <Seira> "Clearly, there is nothing left to negotiate over," Seira states, before glancing at Shamal and nodding.
[22:55] <Dungeon_Kotono> They return the favor, keeping an eye on you as you fall back.
[22:56] * Lyselle glances at her companions, but falling back none the less. Well, if the mages have some magely idea...
[22:56] * Berlioz silently falls back, keeping an eye regardless. Truthfully, backing away is wise at this point...
[22:58] <Shamal> Once they're a little bit away, Shamal takes Flopsy out of his saddlebag. "Flopsy, can you go back and watch those goblins? Let me know if any come towards us, okay?" she asks, the little rabbit wriggling its nose in agreement before it hops into the undergrowth and back towards the goblin camp.
[22:59] <Seira> Once they are at their makeshift camp, Seira tells the others simply, "Our mission has been achieved."
[23:00] <Shamal> "Has it?" Shamal asks. "Clearly those goblins will be back to resume their raids once they feel the heat has died down - especially with Malmuth prodding them."
[23:01] <Berlioz> "Yes. Malmuth's involvement in this is highly suspicious as well. If we intend to keep our country safe, this could present problems in the long run."
[23:01] <Seira> "We were sent to investigate, not to strike them down," Seira reminds Shamal and Berlioz. "I am confident the Commander would assign more troops to deal with the problem if he saw fit."
[23:02] <Shamal> "We were ordered to ensure it does not happen again," Shamal replies firmly.
[23:04] <Berlioz> "Our assignment is only beginning, truth be told", Berlioz murmurs softly, somewhat dismayed.
[23:04] <Seira> "The Commander stated we did not have to resort to force of arms. Making certain they leave is also acceptable," Seira counters.
[23:04] <Berlioz> "We are not certain they will, however. They could very well be pulling our leg."
[23:04] <Shamal> "But we have done nothing of the sort," Shamal shakes her head. "They are moving their current camp - but for all we know they still plan to remain within our borders and simply hassle more outlying farms."
[23:05] <Seira> "That is why observing them would suffice," she clarifies.
[23:06] <Seira> "And should they attack a farm, we could intercept them. The battle would go better, as they are unlikely to strike with their full force nor be prepared for us."
[23:08] * Disconnected
[23:08] * Attempting to rejoin channel #dunes
[23:08] * Rejoined channel #dunes
[23:08] * Topic is 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 21/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 22/22'
[23:08] * Set by Dungeon_Kotono on Wed Jan 31 20:14:56
[23:08] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Corwin
[23:08] * Seira (~corwin@bzq-88-153-195-121.red.bezeqint.net) Quit (Broken pipe)
[23:08] * Corwin is now known as Seira
[23:09] <Shamal> "I certainly don't object to whittling down their numbers as they seperate, but we must ensure they do not cause trouble within our borders - as they have given no guarantees that this will happen, we are obliged to end their threat permanently. I also remind you all that they are currently bearing a large number of stolen goods that would be better returned to their owners."
[23:09] * Lyselle scrubs the gore off her mace with a rag while they have time to rest, glancing up. "For one, unless we have a way to remove a large number of them, I wouldn't suggest attacking en masse," Lyselle offers, frowning. "Three dozen? That's a few too many, even if we were all armored troops."
[23:10] * Seira nods at that. "Also, much of the stolen goods have already been consumed."
[23:10] <Berlioz> "Makes sense. We probably could just whittle them down gradually as we track their movements. This is assuming they don't somehow renew their troops, though..."
[23:11] <Shamal> "Removing their leader would also work wonders at hampering their coordination, I'd imagine - goblins aren't uncommon here, it's simply organised raids that we cannot tolerate," Shamal goes on thoughtfully.
[23:12] <Seira> "That is unlikely," Seira states to Berlios. "Also, there is another incentive for waiting. The goblin leader alluded to terminating his relationship with Malmuth's agents in a rather permanent manner. I am curious as to whether they would send others to... negotiate... with him."
[23:13] <Shamal> "Having Malmuth soldiers on our soil is even worse than goblins..." Shamal mutters distastefully.
[23:14] <Seira> "It would be the definitive proof we need."
[23:14] <Berlioz> "If he cuts ties with Malmuth, he will end up like that mongrel splattered by Lyselle's mace, in fairness. He... I don't think he'd be quite that dumb, although he is a cocky one."
[23:15] <Lyselle> "Beyond worse, it's an act of war," Lyselle mutters, a dark frown covering ehr face on that note. "For all that he may be working with them, concrete proof of war isn't something we should go hunting lightly."
[23:15] <Seira> "I believe that pendant to be from Malmuth, based on Lyselle's words and the goblins' reaction. It also seems likely it wasn't given freely. If he did indeed work with Malmuth, they are quite likely to come after him. We should be there if and when this happens."
[23:16] <Berlioz> "Indeed", Berlioz nods. "If we end up with a war threat in our hands, Balmuria would end up quickly buried. They could use the goblin menace as an excuse for a possible assault."
[23:18] <Lyselle> "It's one given normally to their representatives for the purpose of identification," Lyselle shrugs, frowning. "If this was an under the table, covert action, our higher ups might not want to recognize it officially...wholesale war is to be avoided if possible."
[23:19] <Seira> "What will our course of action be?" Seira asks next.
[23:20] <Shamal> "I think they've already left their camp," Shamal muses, urging Flopsy to come back to her. "We can track them tomorrow and see from there? Just in case, I'll prepare appropriate magic in case we do have to deal with the whole group."
[23:21] <Seira> "Should we not send work back to Balmuria of this?"
[23:25] <Shamal> "Are you volunteering?" Shamal asks. "While keeping our superiors appraised is commendable, we don't need to go running to them every day. Better that we all stay together until this is resolved."
[23:25] <Berlioz> "We definitely can, but I wonder if it'll reach the kingdom within able time."
[23:26] <Berlioz> "It's a matter of being practical here. Our numbers are small, and they'll dwindle further if we send word back. It's... probably not relevant enough for them if we don't have undeniable proof of Malmuth's connection handy, anyway."
[23:26] <Seira> "It should, and we could use the services of one of the farmers."
[23:27] * Seira ponders this. "In fact, we could lay a trap at that farm that has not been attacked yet, and temporarily evacuate it of civillians at the same time."
[23:27] <Shamal> "I don't believe it would be wise to tell a civilian of our suspicions of Malmuth's involvement, here," Shamal notes, pursing her lips disapprovingly.
[23:28] <Berlioz> "It would raise unnecessary panic, yes", Berlioz adds softly.
[23:28] <Seira> "The message need not go into that. It is enough to confirm the rumors of the crossbow-wielding goblins and detail their numbers and the composition of their force," Seira says, sighing.
[23:29] <Lyselle> "Their numbers and organization alone may create panic, but mayhaps if we sealed the letter..." Lyselle adds, still cleaning her gear.
[23:41] <Berlioz> "There's still no guarantee it would help. And the time spent sending the letter will deride us of valuable tracking concentration, to boot. It's a bit of a lose-lose situation here", Berlioz murmurs somewhat bitterly.
[23:42] <Seira> "I disagree, but see little reason to debate this further. We can delay our report," Seira says.
[23:42] * Berlioz nods. "I guess so. Regardless, we'll have a busy day tomorrow. We probably should get some rest."

Corwin

[20:08] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> --------------
[20:09] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The campsite is broken as the sun begins it's trip into the sky in earnest. Gone is the time of the Moon Maiden, the glowing warmth of Lathander now the order of the day. Dew lingers on the grass as you rise, rested and reprepared. OOC - Balls in your court with declaring how you track and whatever else you wanna do, girls and the token male.
[20:11] * Shamal mounts her horse, making sure Flopsy is well secured. "Let's go and see how they left their campsite last night, shall we?"
[20:12] * Berlioz nods, already mounted. "Can't hurt to look, I guess."
[20:12] * Seira nods. "It is the plan," she agrees.
[20:12] <Lyselle> "Sure," Lyselle agrees lightly, offering a light smile to the morning and her companions.
[20:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> A short trip later leads you to the campsite. It was clearly broken in a hurry - the ashes of the bonfire are still in place. A few tent poles of wood remain as well as a stray crossbow bolt. But by and large, the goblins are gone and took everything with them. Unless you count the burnt cow skeleton in the fire pit.
[20:14] * Shamal looks around for anything likely to bear a goblinoid scent that Rin can use to track them with.
[20:15] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> There's some waste left on the side. Not terribly nice, but at least the wind is blowing the right way so you don't smell it.
[20:16] <Shamal> Sadly Rin will have to! Taking her dog over, Shamal makes sure Rin gets a good whiff before urging her onwards, "Got it, girl? Now find where it goes!"
[20:16] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin's survival check
[20:16] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin's survival check and gets 21."12 [1d20=16]
[20:18] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Rin quickly gets a trail! To the north a bit but mainly to the east - Eastnortheast in other words. She has a trail she can follow!
[20:18] <Shamal> "Good girl!" Shamal cheers, getting back on her horse and following.
[20:19] <Shamal> "Keep an eye out for any scouts they might have watching behind them," she takes a moment to remind her friends as they get underway.
[20:19] <Seira> "Of course," Seira agrees, dipping her head.
[20:20] * Berlioz nods and slightly waves, keeping an eye on the surroundings.
[20:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Ahead is slowly thickening forest. Soon the United Baronies will be behind you, replaced by the wilds of the barbarian lands. To be quite fair it's easy once you get on the way - there's lots of signs of passage. Broken branches, footprints, torn shrubs. After about ten minutes, you come onto a wide natural trail, one that has more footprints.
[20:22] <Shamal> "It looks like this path is well travelled..." Shamal notes, looking to see if she can get an idea who the other footprints belong to. Hopefully Rin will keep the scent even if the other footprints muddy things.
[20:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC - Have the tracking/survival combo?
[20:24] <Shamal> OOC: I only have survival, not track. That said, a search check also lets you locate tracks, just not follow them. I lack search, however.
[20:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Okay. Try a search check, then, with your smal +2 or 3 mod. <_<
[20:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Or wait.
[20:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: It's not a matter of finding them, it's a matter of IDing them.
[20:25] <Shamal> OOC: that's what I'm aiming for
[20:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Mmm, okay, survival's fine. Roll for it.
[20:25] <Shamal> roll 1d20+9
[20:25] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+9 and gets 25."12 [1d20=16]
[20:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC - Also, make a spot check since you're examining.
[20:25] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 spot
[20:25] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 spot and gets 15."12 [1d20=8]
[20:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> They're all goblin tracks. As can be expected from a large group passing through, there are a lot of tracks on the road.
[20:28] <Shamal> "It looks like they met up with another group here... I think," Shamal notes after surveying their surroundings. "Or perhaps they simply came this way before and that's why I'm seeing more footprints."
[20:29] <Seira> "They could have followed single file through the underbrush," Seira suggests.
[20:30] <Shamal> "Also true," Shamal nods. "Well, more reason to be cautious, I suppose, just in case. Let's continue on," she urges.
[20:31] <Seira> "Should we follow them by taking the road as well?" Seira asks, while looking to the sides for another option that allows for more cover.
[20:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Seria sees that you could follow in the foresty brushesand the like by the road or in a loose pattern. This would clearly slow your horses down, however.
[20:32] <Berlioz> "We might want to go unmounted through this track if we are to follow Shamal", Berlioz adds blankly. "So, shall we?"
[20:33] <Lyselle> "Mmm, I'm hesitant to dismount so close to a hostile force," Lyselle admits, shrugging and frowning.
[20:34] <Shamal> "Agreed, we might want to leave in a hurry," Shamal nods in agreement with Lyselle. "Besides which that the undergrowth would slow the rest of you down as well - we'd never catch up to them at that rate, considering the start they already have."
[20:37] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC - Listening checks.
[20:37] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 and gets 9."12 [1d20=8]
[20:37] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 me and gets 10."12 [1d20=3]
[20:37] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 7."12 [1d20=2]
[20:38] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 10."12 [1d20=9]
[20:38] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 4."12 [1d20=3]
[20:38] <Shamal> OOC: Rin rerolls!
[20:38] <Shamal> OOC: she has alertness
[20:38] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 and gets 18."12 [1d20=13]
[20:38] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: Go fo rit.
[20:39] <Shamal> Rin suddenly turns towards the left, her ears flattening down and a soft growl emanating from her throat. Shamal promptly looks the same way her dog is looking. "What is it, girl?"
[20:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> You don't need to pay attention to see this next. A goblin rises up, hand crossbow pointed at you. "Haaaaaaa!" It calls, waving it about as it starts to run. It's about twenty feet back in the bush, making no effort for silence as it runs straight towards the east and away.
[20:41] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> *West, excuse  me.
[20:42] * Seira blinks at the goblin.
[20:43] <Shamal> This is becoming a tired routine... "Get it, Rin!" Shamal yells, her dog promptly bounding off in pursuit as Shamal does likewise, albeit not nearly as swiftly.
[20:44] * Seira decides to instead dismount and explore to east, to make sure no goblins lay in hiding there.
[20:46] * Berlioz follows suit by accompanying Seira.
[20:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Rin chases! The two are in a race in the underbrush, Rin gaining as you go! The goblin turns back, sticking it's warty tongue out! "Nyaaaa! Try and catch me, you overgrown mutt!" OOC - Spot check, you two.
[20:46] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[20:46] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 and gets 9."12 [1d20=8]
[20:47] <Lyselle> "It's probably an ambush," Lyselle offers, taking the lead on her charger, moving slowly ahead with a wary look around herself for hidden attackers.
[20:47] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[20:47] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 5."12 [1d20=4]
[20:48] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[20:48] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 me and gets 15."12 [1d20=8]
[20:48] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 rin
[20:48] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 rin and gets 9."12 [1d20=4]
[20:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> None of you see anything of note or hidden goblins! MEanwhile the running goblin is being overtaken by Rin! They're nearly out of sight, running fast but the dog is just too much! OOC - Take an action, Rin?
[20:49] <Shamal> Rin bites the goblin, trying to force it to the ground!
[20:49] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 attack
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 attack and gets 17."12 [1d20=14]
[20:50] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3 damage
[20:50] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+3 damage and gets 8."12 [1d6=5]
[20:50] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 trip if it isn't dead
[20:50] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 trip if it isn't dead and gets 9."12 [1d20=6]
[20:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With an epic leap Rin takes up, takign the goblin down by it's throat! IT makes  aburbling sound as it goes down, choking on it's own blood! "Nughh...no...Yezrut...bastar..." It gasps out, falling and bleeding!
[20:53] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[20:53] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 13."12 [1d20=12]
[20:54] <Shamal> "Good girl, Rin - now heel!" Shamal calls to her dog, starting to head back to rejoin the others who went off in the other direction.
[20:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "D-don't...let me die..." THe goblin is gasping out, even as it's torn neck bleeds out, voice windy and gasping on it's last efforts!
[20:56] <Shamal> "Che..." Shamal mutters, dismounting and starting to head back to the downed goblin. "If I heal you then you better do what I say, understand?" she tells it in her best imperious tone. "The last goblin I healed decided to throw his life away needlessly."
[20:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It tries to speak, but it's face is waxen green and it's body is starting to still. "Hel..." it tries to get out, surrounded by a pool of it's own lifeblood.
[20:58] * Shamal takes out some of her healing supplies and administers prompt first aid to the goblin, Rin keeping watch on her mistress while she works!
[20:58] <Shamal> roll 1d20+9 heal checl
[20:58] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+9 heal checl and gets 18."12 [1d20=9]
[20:59] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> With these ministrations the goblin is stabilized! The rest fo the party can see Shamal kneeling next to it, mending it's neck enough to let it live. It's barely concious, but it's eyes lock onto SHamal's. Eyes full of hope and fear, scared like a beaten animal's.
[21:01] <Shamal> "Just rest," Shamal soothes. "We'll want to talk to you, soon enough."
[21:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The goblin's eyes slowly close, going to it's rest, hopefully one it will wake up from.
[21:03] <Shamal> "Well..." Shamal rises and addresses her friends. "Looks like we have ourselves an informant, if nothing else."
[21:06] <Berlioz> "And a wounded one at that. How shall we deal with the creature, now? While it's stable, we may want to keep moving."
[21:06] <Shamal> "There's room on the mules," Shamal shrugs, disarming the goblin and picking him up, "We can tie him onto the back of one until he can move on his own."
[21:08] <Berlioz> "Well, it's an idea. Also stops it from running away thanklessly like the last one did."
[21:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The goblin is bound and tied up, the procession ready to go on. His crossbow is another hand crossbow, another ten bolts on him. So you go on - another hour down. The tracks keep going, sunlight continuing to slipt hrough the trees. Occasionally there are sparkles on the path, glittering little things. Rin continues to track along also, starting to note something - two possible paths.
[21:10] * Shamal stops to see what one of the sparkles is!
[21:11] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Huh. Someone tossed a fresh, shiny copper piece onto the ground. It's not dirty or dusty at all, as if it just came from a pouch. Just left on the ground.
[21:12] <Shamal> "Either the goblins' money sack has a hole in it, or... actually I don't know," Shamal shrugs. "But this is odd."
[21:13] <Lyselle> "They could be just that dumb and obvious in trying to set a trap for us," Lyselle points out, shrugging. "They ARE goblins..."
[21:13] * Seira nods curtly. "Do we fall for it?" she asks the others.
[21:14] <Berlioz> "As long as we are ready to deal with the mongrels, why not give them the fringe pleasure?", Berlioz curtly remarks?
[21:15] <Berlioz> *.
[21:15] <Shamal> "Very well. Let's just be extra careful, shall we?" Shamal asks, trusting Rin to guide them on the correct path when they reach the split.
[21:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It's not quite a split path. It's the same path, the scent of decay becoming ever so slightly stronger.But there is a beaten off section of the bushes, trampled away and snaking to the northwestern side.
[21:18] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Distrac..." You can hear it, strained but audible. A goblin's voice, the goblin on the mule at the rear. It manages to turn it's head up ever so slightly, voice a rasp. "Distra..."
[21:19] <Shamal> "Hmm?" Shamal pauses, guiding her horse back towards the mule and leaning towards the goblin. "What's that, my little friend?"
[21:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It's having trouble speaking, "Plan...it's...distraction..." He breaths in and out with exaggerated, strained breaths. A cough after, nearly making it spew blood. "All this...time to ...Yezrut making sure you'...delay."
[21:21] <Shamal> "What's the distraction? Your little performance earlier?" Shamal prods, wondering what he's getting at.
[21:22] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It coughs again, voice burbling and difficult to make out. "All of...Yezrut says that...all the distractions...make you not think straight. Slows you down."
[21:22] <Shamal> "Why's he slowing us down? What does he need time for?" Shamal presses insistently.
[21:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It gasps out, trying to breathe, barely able to do so. "...lots of goblins ahead. Yezrut's smart. Buying time."
[21:24] <Shamal> "So he's meeting up with more of them?" the blonde clarifies.
[21:25] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Getting away...but...I live...I'll tell you everything about it." He coughs this time, a fleck of blood staining his lips. "About the...other humans. Malmuth."
[21:26] * Shamal decides to reward his cooperation. "Here, this'll make it easier to talk," she reaches over to touch his throat, her hand glowing with healing energy as she casts Cure Minor Wounds. "Tell us everything you know."
[21:26] * Seira nudges her horse to come closer, listening to the goblin.
[21:27] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It's voices tabilies, eyes sharping. While still broken, it's more coherent. "Tell you lots. No, I'll tell you a lot. Yezrut trained us to talk like humans." A lick of it's lips, struggling to crane it's head up and failing. "You want to know about Malmuth?"
[21:28] <Shamal> "Yes, tell us why they've been having your group raid our farms - what sort of support they're providing," Shamal encourages.
[21:30] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "They aren't. Yezrut was telling the truth. Those humans were heading through our lands to the elves. Even had a parchment in Elven. Promised to pay us if we'd not bother them and escort them. We did but they tried to not pay us...Yezrut out smarted them. Ambushed them at night. All six died. Thta sword he has is from the commander, and the armor and necklace. He just...said that it's easier to trick you humans when you get just eno
[21:31] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> get just enough truth to make the wrong decision. Mess with your minds. Confuse you and win that way."
[21:31] <Shamal> "And is that what you're doing, now?" Shamal asks dryly, urging her horse a little bit faster as they trot along while talking.
[21:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Yezrut wanted supplies now. He's always looked up to humans - said they're smarter than most of us, especially when we act like we do. But we can't make supplies like humans yet, so he had us do this. He's getting lots of followers this way."
[21:34] <Shamal> "Yes, theft is one of the sincerest forms of flattery, isn't it?" Shamal murmurs. "So, what does he have planned for when we catch up to him?"
[21:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "When you think it's just a goblin, the human won't expect you to do much but scheme stupidly and snivel. That's what he said. Now he'll have enough time to reach the entire tribe and...if you follow, he'll get your nice supplies. If you catch him before...give you the elf scroll as a bribe to get away."
[21:37] <Shamal> "Well, let's not disappoint him, shall we?" Shamal frowns slightly, picking up the pace a little as Rin leads them ever onwards to destiny!
[21:42] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> So you go along. More coins are scattered on the road, a knife stuck in a tree, a few more dummy paths. Each one is said to just be a distraction by your captive, as the ground starts to sink down. "Small bit of swampy area ahead, and then a dry gully. Yezrut camps on the good side of it, and the others will be along soon." You stand at thestart ofa long path, ahead a small wet bog. Past it you can't see much, heavy trees blocking t
[21:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> heavy trees blocking the way.
[21:46] <Shamal> "Well, just riding right up might not be a great idea - anyone want to try scouting it out?" Shamal suggests. "I have a spell that will let us stay in contact."
[21:46] <Seira> "I'll do it," Seira volunteers.
[21:46] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@cpe-70-112-24-169.austin.res.rr.com) Quit (Broken pipe)
[21:48] * Shamal nods and proceeds to cast Message to link herself and Seira. "Just whisper and I'll hear you - you should be able to hear me as well," she explains.
[21:49] <Seira> "I know it," Seira agrees with a nod, and slips off her horse, before darting for the cover of the trees. Trying to keep herself sufficiently hidden, she proceeds to scout the area, moving forward.
[21:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC - Move silently and hide checks, that whole line.
* Retrieving #dunes modes...
[21:53] * Infinite_Ko_Loop sets mode: +v Reiko-chan
[21:53] <Seira> roll 1d20+10 move silently
[21:53] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+10 1,0move silently --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{21}
[21:53] <Seira> roll 1d20+10 hide
[21:53] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+10 1,0hide --> 1,0[ 1d20=18 ]12,0{28}
[21:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 1d20
[21:54] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Infinite_Ko_Loop rolled :1,0 1d20 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{11}
[21:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Like a ghost Seira fades into the trees! She darts around with nary a sound! The swamp bog is small and nasty, and behind one tree she finds a goblin waiting with a crossbow. Seira can get behind him easily enough, as he seems to have not seen or heard her in the least. Or she can go on if she wished.
[21:57] * Seira decides she might as well try to take out any scouts along the way, because if discovered, she would have to retreat through that same area. Maneuvering into position, she slips behind a tree two dozen feet away and sends a pair of arrows at the goblin's unprotected back.
[21:58] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A1
[21:58] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A2
[21:58] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=18 ]12,0{23}
[21:58] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=7 ]12,0{12}
[21:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC - Two hits.
[21:58] <Seira> roll 2d8
[21:58] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 2d8 --> 1,0[ 2d8=8 ]12,0{8}
[21:58] <Seira> roll 2d6
[21:59] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 2d6 --> 1,0[ 2d6=8 ]12,0{8}
[21:59] <Seira> OOC: 16 total
[21:59] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The goblin gets an arrow in it's back and in it's head! It's dead before it can say a thing, slumping over and down!
[21:59] * Seira observes the area some more to determine no other goblins ar around.
[22:00] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC - Search check now, I think.
[22:00] <Seira> OOC: Spot, really
[22:00] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[22:00] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=2 ]12,0{3}
[22:00] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Seira doesn't see anything else.
[22:03] * Seira bravely forges on!
[22:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Ahead is a gully. It's a long, narrow slice into the ground, perhaps twenty feet deep or so. In this recess the path goes on, the goblin tents see. A few are about, though you only see about four total around a small fire. Above you can see the rims of the gully, where trees are and have an excellent view down.
[22:06] <Seira> Having seen enough for now, Seira returns to rejoin her companions.
[22:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Seira returns without incident, the party waiting for her.
[22:11] * Seira details the gully she had seen, before adding, "I only saw four goblins around. It could be another trap, with the tents empty."
[22:11] <Shamal> "Did you see any sign of Yezrut?" Shamal asks.
[22:12] <Lyselle> "This is when I wish we had flaming arrows..." Lyselle muses, frowning at the predicament.
[22:14] <Berlioz> "If we did, we probably wouldn't be running after overlordish goblins in the first place", Berlioz retorts somewhat bitterly with a murmur.
[22:14] * Seira nods at Lyselle, before telling Shamal, "No. If I were setting that trap, however, I would be taking up a position above the rims, hidden from sight and with a clear view of the area."
[22:15] <Shamal> "Setting an arrow on fire is no great trick, you know," Shamal reminds gently. "Did you see anyone up on the rim, by any chance?"
[22:15] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Hey..." Your captive goblin makes noise, "What...what's your goal here?"
[22:17] <Seira> "Stopping the raids is paramount," Seira responds.
[22:17] <Lyselle> "If you have the oil soaked rags on hand, then no," Lyselle answers dryly.
[22:17] * Shamal nods. "That is what we said yesterday."
[22:17] <Seira> "And I did not approach the rim," she says with a slight grimace. "I'm not yet confident of my ability to spot the enemy before they spot me."
[22:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "But Yezrut's done..." His voice trails offa, nother weaker cough. "Got all the supplies he needs."
[22:18] <Shamal> "For how long, though?" Shamal asks. "When those run out, he'll be back. We can't allow that."
[22:18] <Seira> "And those supplies belong to their original owners," Seira adds. "We must endeavor to return them, whenever possible."
[22:19] <Berlioz> "That's assuming there will be a significant amount of goods left, at least", Berlioz snickers. "Let us deal with the mongrels first."
[22:20] <Seira> "It was no laughing matter to the poor farmers," Seira reminds Berlioz, her voice touched by coldness.
[22:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "That doesn't mean you have to kill them!" The goblin snaps, making it's entire body buckle in pain. Wetly it's voice goes on, but with passion! "We didn't kill any of you!"
[22:22] <Seira> "I agree," she responds. "I would prefer to get the supplies back without further battles."
[22:23] <Shamal> "We tried diplomacy last night and were rebuffed," Shamal replies sadly. "If anyone has any other ideas that don't involve bloodshed, I'd be all for it."
[22:23] <Lyselle> "Then Yezrut will be back, with more raiding, and probably angrier at the farmers and humans in general...you do not leave a creature poised to strike and smarting behind your back," Lyselle sighs.
[22:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> There's a looong pause here, the goblin biting down on it's lip. "...what about compensation instead?"
[22:25] <Shamal> "Of what nature?" Shamal asks curiously.
[22:25] <Seira> "That's acceptable," Seira says curtly, raising an eyebrow at the goblin.
[22:25] * Berlioz sighs. "It sounds way too easy."
[22:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Gold. The human diplomat had gold rings that Yezrut doesn't like. You humans like gold a lot, don't you?"
[22:26] * Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Kotono
[22:26] <Seira> "We could convert it to funds that can be distributed back to the farmers," Seira muses.
[22:27] <Lyselle> "I'd wonder why Yezrut wouldn't have used gold in the first place for trade," Lyselle mutters, patting the neck of her horse.
[22:28] * Berlioz crosses his arms and shakes his head. "Lyselle has a point, to begin with. Second, this sounds way too easy. He could be easily leading us into another trap."
[22:28] <Kotono> The goblin starts to speak but instead slams it's mouth shut at Berlioz' words.
[22:28] <Seira> "Can your claim be easily verified?" Seira asks the goblin.
[22:29] <Shamal> "It is worth much in trade," Shamal agrees. "I dislike the idea of walking right into their midst again when we could possibly catch them by surprise, however. Besides, Yezrut has already proven duplicitous in his dealings with how he acquired those rings, no?"
[22:29] <Kotono> "Uh...can you get into Yezrut's belongings?" The goblin retorts back, quickly.
[22:30] <Seira> "That depends on where said belongings are."
[22:31] <Kotono> "On him?" The goblin retorts quickly.
[22:31] <Berlioz> "More importantly... -why- should we? If we sneak into his loot while he's still able to react would sink us into deeper problems. No matter what, this seems to lead us into a neat sharpshooting position for him."
[22:32] * Seira sighs. "I would feel too dirty to try it."
[22:32] <Shamal> "I tire of this," Shamal announces blandly. "Clearly we are once again being delayed - let us go and deal with the source of the problem permanently."
[22:32] <Kotono> "...just...stop it! Why do you have to keep going back to trying to kill them?" The goblin struggles with his ropes, fury blursting forth! "You humans have more than enough of those! Just let us go with them!"
[22:34] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@cpe-70-112-24-169.austin.res.rr.com) has joined #dunes
[22:34] <Shamal> "We have them because we work honestly for them," Shamal replies back firmly. "There is nothing to admire in living by theft. If we let you go with your ill gotten gains, you will only return when you need more, rather than working to rectify your predicament with your own honest work and ingenuity."
[22:35] * Berlioz snickers and raises his crossbow. "That drivel would work better if you didn't try stealing things from us to begin with. It's survival of the fittest in a sense. Cause and consequence. You can't expect to perform shady deals and get away with it unscathed."
[22:35] <Berlioz> *shortbow
[22:36] <Kotono> roll 1d20
[22:36] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20 --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{17}
[22:36] <Kotono> To it's credit, the goblin makes the ropes strain! Almost like he could have a chance to break him, but he goes limp and coughing instead. "Who cares? You're just going to kill them all now!"
[22:37] <Seira> "I don't see a problem in offering Yezrut one last chance," Seira says, frowning. "An arrow can deliver our demands for him, and should he choose to ignore it that would be his fault."
[22:38] <Berlioz> "As long as this doesn't mean our demise. Although it might be a little hypocritical of us."
[22:38] <Shamal> "We may as well show some grace," Shamal relents. "But I believe it to be futile."
[22:39] <Seira> "However so?" Seira asks, a bit of incredulousness seeping into her voice as she looks at Berlioz.
[22:41] <Kotono> With an angry cry the goblin goes quiet after that, downcast.
[22:42] <Berlioz> "We already slammed into their ranks, provoked some bloodshed and I doubt we'd hesitate to raise more hell if necessary. Showing minor pity is not only close to pointless, it's condescending and subtly demeaning. If we're going to act ammorally in this, at least let us admit so. I see no problem with either method as long as we don't act as self-righteously as we are right now", Berlioz answers gelidly. "But don't mind me."
[22:43] * Seira looks confused. "What is amoral about upholding the law? Or about trying to minimize the suffering on either side?"
[22:43] <Kotono> OOC - Hearing checks.
[22:44] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+!
[22:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+! --> error: malformed expression
[22:44] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[22:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=15 ]12,0{16}
[22:44] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[22:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=10 ]12,0{11}
[22:44] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[22:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=19 ]12,0{20}
[22:44] <Shamal> "It's hard to be so blase about imminent bloodshed when you have one of the would be victims so earnestly pleading his case," Shamal notes unhappily. "Sadly I believe his friends do not share his sense and will not respond well to any offer we make."
[22:44] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[22:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=10 ]12,0{17}
[22:44] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[22:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{6}
[22:45] <Kotono> Lyselle, Berlioz and Shamal can hear a faraway shout of surprise. IT comes from deep in the bog.
[22:45] <Shamal> "What's that?" Shamal's head snaps in the direction of the shout.
[22:46] * Berlioz prepares to retort, but a noise diverts his attention. "You heard it too, Shamal? Should we head to that direction?"
[22:46] * Lyselle looks up, reaching for her horse. Even if movement is restricted, the height and the animal's hooves are useful tools. "There's something out there, alright..."
[22:47] <Seira> "If we go there, you might want to knock your prisoner out, Shamal," Seira suggests, trying to listen to what everyone's hearing.
[22:48] <Shamal> "Let's investigate," Shamal agrees, casting Mage Armour on herself and keeping Rin close enough to share the benefit of the spell. "Nothing so uncouth," she frowns at Seira, before proceeding to quickly gag the goblin. "Sorry, but I don't want you yelling anything while we're gone."
[22:50] <Kotono> The goblin glares daggers as it's gagged, but nothing else comes of it.
[22:50] * Shamal heads in the direction of the shout, Rin close to her heel and quarterstaff in hand!
[22:51] * Berlioz follows along, moving carefully to not raise up a ruckus.
[22:52] * Lyselle keeps up, mace held ready in case they run into unexpected trouble.
[22:53] <Kotono> The boggy water reeks of decaying plants. The oder fills your noses as you go in, heading deeper in. Seira knows this area right off, as you soon find a dead goblin. It has two very non crossbow arrows in it, one in it's head and one in it's back. It's quite dead.
[22:53] * Shamal eyes the arrows and then Seira, a raised eyebrow showing her unspoken question.
[22:54] <Seira> "An enemy scout," she confirms.
[22:54] <Shamal> "Then who made that yell?" Shamal asks, looking around warily.
[22:55] <Seira> "There must be more scouts," Seira suggests.
[22:55] <Kotono> OOc - Survival check, Shamal.
[22:55] <Shamal> roll 1d20+9
[22:55] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+9 --> 1,0[ 1d20=9 ]12,0{18}
[22:57] <Kotono> Shamal notes af ew very fresh tracks in the muddy, boggy ground. THey're heading away from here, back towards the gully.
[22:58] <Shamal> "I think the goblin that found this went back to warn the others," Shamal observes dryly. "I do not think they will be happy to negotiate with us, now."
[22:59] <Berlioz> "Saves us from pointless exchanges, then. Let us go."
[23:00] <Shamal> "Very well - a surprise attack, then?" Shamal asks. "I can control the plants to grasp them. Or summon a rainstorm to obscure their vision if they try to shoot at us. Any other ideas?"
[23:01] <Seira> "Happy or not, they would take us seriously now. Do we not want to try?"
[23:02] <Berlioz> "They would be happy to gut us open instead. This isn't the ideal situation for negotiations, I'd gather."
[23:04] <Lyselle> "Negotiations are never ideal has been my experience," Lyselle offers, shrugging. "We may as well give them the chance of the arrow."
[23:04] <Shamal> "Very well, if you two wish to make the effort," Shamal reluctantly concedes, keeping her eyes towards where the tracks go in case any more goblins come to investigate.
[23:07] <Kotono> So you head along. To the top of the path - to the sides the split starts, the high ridge full of trees on your sides. If you follow the main path you'll head down, down into the gully where the tents are.
[23:07] <Kotono> You can't quite seedown there, but everyone can hear noise. A lot of noise is being made, carrying. Also chants, lot sof chants. Lots of voices.
[23:08] <Shamal> "I think they might have met up with the rest of the tribe, now," Shamal laments. "Let's move up onto the ridge?"
[23:10] <Berlioz> "Nothing else better, I guess."
[23:11] <Lyselle> "Maybe if we find some boulders up there..." Lyselle hums to herself, quietly as she follows along.
[23:13] <Kotono> As you reach atop the ridge you can see down. The tents are full of goblins, at least four dozen down there. ALl armed, all nasty. Spears, crossbows, longbows, crude swords, all of it. Up here are indeed a few heavy rocks, some trees, and several good vantage points that are currently unheld - at least for the moment, anyway.
[23:14] <Shamal> "Okay," Shamal begins after peering over. "If I start a rainstorm, they'll have trouble shooting us. And I can entangle any that come up in the plants - thoughts?"
[23:15] <Lyselle> "I was thinking more in the direction of waiting for them to go to sleep, maybe get the tents on fire, and roll rocks down on them while they sleep," Lyselle noted idly, shrugging. "He'll never negotiate with such a clear advantage in field battle."
[23:15] <Berlioz> "If they're staying the night, we might try a less demanding attack on our resources. Rolling down rocks and logs on their tents to whittle the numbers and disorganize them, then strike."
[23:17] <Seira> "I don't like the idea of striking at unarmed opponents," Seira says quietly.
[23:18] <Shamal> "I don't like the idea of being struck by four dozen armed opponents," Shamal replies dryly.
[23:18] <Kotono> OOC - Hearing checks, all.
[23:18] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[23:18] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=7 ]12,0{14}
[23:18] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 rin
[23:18] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=19 ]12,0{24}
[23:19] <Lyselle> "It's either that, or we leave them be and beg the commander to send out a whole company," Lyselle replies.
[23:19] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[23:19] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[23:19] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=2 ]12,0{3}
[23:19] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=5 ]12,0{6}
[23:19] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[23:19] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{12}
[23:19] <Kotono> Shamal, Rin and Seira can hear noises coming your way. Loud noises, footstomping and goblin chatter. Honestly, the others should be able to hear it sound, they're not quiet.
[23:20] <Shamal> "Well, it looks like our hand is about to be forced," Shamal observes, pointing in the direction the footsteps are coming from.
[23:20] * Seira goes for an arrow, looking in that direction as well.
[23:21] * Berlioz prepares his shortbow and eyes the overall area.
[23:22] * Lyselle knocks an arrow on her longbow, turning to see.
[23:22] * Seira seeks out sufficient cover before the goblins arrive.
[23:22] <Kotono> Soon enough all can hear them! They're quite close, several unique voices! It's got to be at least several goblins! OOC - Hiding, Seira? There's plenty of place to get concealment if you want it.
[23:22] <Seira> OOC: Yep
[23:23] * Shamal decides to take some action to prevent interference from below. "Spirits of air and water, heed my call," she murmurs tensely, gesturing upwards, "Bring forth a storm upon the land!"
[23:23] <Shamal> OOC: Casting cloudburst centred on the camp with its radius reaching the top of the ridge but not quite where we are
[23:24] <Lyselle> Seeing the thief get out of the way, Lyselle tries to get a ways farther back, along the ridge, not wanting to reveal them all.
[23:24] <Kotono> OOC- go ahead and take your actions then I think we'll go into initiatives.
[23:25] <Kotono> OOC - Looking for concealment as well, Lyselle?
[23:25] <Lyselle> OOC - Yeah.
[23:26] <Kotono> OOC - Okay.
[23:26] <Berlioz> OOC - So am I. Just having trouble putting it into words.
[23:27] <Kotono> Seira and Lyselle hide behind trees and bric-a-brac! MEanwhile Berlioz readies his shortbow and does the same, getting near edge of the ledge as everyone hides. Meanwhile a cloud burst forms bove, drenching the gully in water! It roars down in a watery fury, as you see eight goblins come through! They all have spears and leather armor, save for two in the back that have old fashioned shortbows! OOC - Initiative, I'm going to treat you round o
[23:28] <Kotono> OOC - Initiative, I'm going to treat you round of hiding and magic as any surprise round for this. Assuming that you don't blow the surprise beyond Shamal, anyhow
[23:28] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 me
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+2 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=5 ]12,0{7}
[23:28] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=4 ]12,0{9}
[23:28] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+2
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=19 ]12,0{21}
[23:28] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 spearmen
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+1 1,0spearmen --> 1,0[ 1d20=13 ]12,0{14}
[23:28] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=16 ]12,0{17}
[23:28] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 archers group initaitive is great for the busy GM!
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+1 1,0archers group initaitive is great for the busy GM! --> 1,0[ 1d20=16 ]12,0{17}
[23:28] <Shamal> OOC: Rin is +2, sorry, so she's init 6.
[23:28] <Seira> roll 1d20+4
[23:28] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+4 --> 1,0[ 1d20=14 ]12,0{18}
[23:29] <Kotono> Lyselle>Seira>Berlioz=Goblin archersx2> Goblin Spearmenx6>Rin=Shamal
[23:32] * Lyselle takes aim at one of the lead spearmen, loosing a yard long arrow at the creature with a meaty twang from the sinew bowstring.
[23:32] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+5
[23:32] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+5 --> 1,0[ 1d20=13 ]12,0{18}
[23:32] <Kotono> OOC - Hit!
[23:32] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[23:32] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d8+3 --> 1,0[ 1d8=8 ]12,0{11}
[23:33] <Kotono> As they trample forward in a hasty mess, seeing the brave Shamal, one gets an arrow right between the eyes! He goes down like a dead sack of goblin, slain!  Direct hit! OOC - Seira.
[23:33] * Seira loosens an arrow at another spear-wielding goblin, another at the ready.
[23:33] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[23:33] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 --> 1,0[ 1d20=15 ]12,0{20}
[23:33] <Seira> roll 1d8
[23:33] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d8 --> 1,0[ 1d8=7 ]12,0{7}
[23:33] <Seira> roll 1d6
[23:33] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d6=4 ]12,0{4}
[23:34] <Kotono> Another goblin goes down as they cry out in surprise, heart pierced and spraying blooda ll over his allies!
[23:34] <Seira> With her first opponent taken care of, she switches targets, seeking out another spearman.
[23:34] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[23:34] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 --> 1,0[ 1d20=15 ]12,0{20}
[23:34] <Seira> roll 1d8
[23:34] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d8 --> 1,0[ 1d8=2 ]12,0{2}
[23:34] <Seira> roll 1d6
[23:34] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d6=1 ]12,0{1}
[23:35] <Kotono> The third spearmen gets an arrow in the arm! He staggers back, blood coming from an arrow that's gone halfway into his elbow! OOC - Berlioz goes and then the four surviving goblins at the same tiem.
[23:36] * Berlioz aims at the wounded spearman, slinging a shot from his bow!
[23:37] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+3
[23:37] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=10 ]12,0{13}
[23:37] <Berlioz> roll 1d6
[23:37] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d6=5 ]12,0{5}
[23:38] <Kotono> "Ambush!" One of the unhurt goblins manages to get out, w hile the wounded one is dropped! Berlioz shoots an arrow into it's mouth as it opens up to speak, going all the way out! It bites down on the wooden shaft, only it's momentum letting it get an attack on Shamal as he rushes forward!
[23:38] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[23:38] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=2 ]12,0{4}
[23:39] <Kotono> But it misses, down to the ground and DEAD! Meanwhile another of the three goes to flank Shamal, looking to put a pointy in her!
[23:39] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[23:39] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+4 --> 1,0[ 1d20=20 ]12,0{24}
[23:39] <Kotono> OOC - No flanking, but yeah, still a crit.
[23:39] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[23:39] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{5}
[23:40] <Kotono> roll 1d8
[23:40] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d8 --> 1,0[ 1d8=2 ]12,0{2}
[23:40] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 22/22'
[23:41] <Kotono> This one is cannily accurate, piercing Shamal's side! A wound worthy of a goblin, a cowardly scrape against her ribs! The white bones could be seen through hacked off flesh, but the spellcaster still has a lot of oomph left in her! Meanwhile the third goes after her canine friend, using it's long speary reach to stab it!
[23:42] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[23:42] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=6 ]12,0{8}
[23:45] <Kotono> But nothing comes of it, only impaling the ground instead! As it curses and struggles to get it's spear back up, the two crossbow goblins aim and take fire at...
[23:46] <Kotono> The first takes a desperate shot at where Seira's arrow came from, hoping to get in a good shot!
[23:46] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[23:46] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=15 ]12,0{18}
[23:46] <Kotono> OOC - AC?
[23:47] <Seira> OOC: Shouldn't it try to spot me first?
[23:47] <Kotono> OOC - IT has enough of an idea to take a concealment penalized shot since you fired this round.
[23:48] <Seira> OOC: 19
[23:48] <Kotono> OOC - Whiiiiff.
[23:49] <Kotono> The arrow sails into the air and over the ledge, missing entirely! The rainstorm obscures where it lands, as you hear cries and whoops from the soaked area below!
[23:49] <Kotono> The last braces and aims for where Lyselle was, hoping to manage the near impossible!
[23:49] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[23:49] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=4 ]12,0{7}
[23:49] <Kotono> But oh does it fail, only slamming into a tree inf ront of the hidden warrior!
[23:51] <Kotono> OOC - Rin and Shamal.
[23:51] <Shamal> Shamal proceeds to attack the goblin that hit her, Rin ready to assist if necessary and take down the other goblin if not!
[23:51] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 me
[23:51] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{14}
[23:51] <Shamal> roll 1d6+1
[23:51] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+1 --> 1,0[ 1d6=2 ]12,0{3}
[23:52] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 screw it, Rin attacks the unhurt one
[23:52] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0screw it, Rin attacks the unhurt one --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{20}
[23:52] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[23:52] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=2 ]12,0{5}
[23:52] <Kotono> OOC - Rin hits, you miss.
[23:52] <Shamal> OOC; then she hit the one I missed
[23:52] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 trip check
[23:52] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0trip check --> 1,0[ 1d20=14 ]12,0{17}
[23:53] <Kotono> With a chomp into it's abdomen another spearman dies! It goes down, dragged down by the vicious assault of Rin! As more blood litters the ground, the ranks of your opponents thin out!
[23:53] <Kotono> OOC - Lyselle is up. Two spearmen alive, two archers.
[23:55] * Lyselle moves out from cover, charging the creature currently threatened by the treehugger and her dog as she whips out her mae, and sends it crashing down on the goblin's skull!
[23:55] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+12
[23:55] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+12 --> 1,0[ 1d20=16 ]12,0{28}
[23:56] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[23:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d8+3 --> 1,0[ 1d8=8 ]12,0{11}
[23:57] <Kotono> With a sickening impact Lyselle misses the skull, instead hitting the breastbone! The shattering of it sends shards of bone flying out the it's shoulders, another dead goblin hitting the ground! OOC - Seira.
[23:57] <Seira> The goblin who tried to shoot at her is clearly the most urgent menace, Seira decides, gracing him with an arrow.
[23:57] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[23:57] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 --> 1,0[ 1d20=5 ]12,0{10}
[23:57] <Seira> And another!
[23:57] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[23:57] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{8}
[23:58] <Kotono> But in the chaos of the battle, both sail wide! Wide and out of sight, forgotten like the goblins down below!
[23:58] <Kotono> Lyselle>Seira>Berlioz=Goblin archersx2> Goblin Spearmenx2>Rin=Shamal
[23:58] <Kotono> OOC - Berlioz and the archers go.
[23:59] <Kotono> Lyselle>Seira>Berlioz=Goblin archersx2> Goblin Spearmenx1>Rin=Shamal
Session Time: Sat Feb 03 00:00:00 2007
[00:00] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+3
[00:00] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=14 ]12,0{17}
[00:00] <Berlioz> roll 1d6
[00:00] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d6=3 ]12,0{3}
[00:00] <Kotono> OOC - What exactly are you attacking?
[00:00] <Berlioz> OOC - One of the archer goblins.
[00:01] <Kotono> OOC - Declare so IC.
[00:01] * Berlioz aims at one of the archers, letting yet another arrow loose!
[00:02] <Kotono> The arrow hits it in the stomach, making it buckle back but it's still up! "It's a rout!" He calls back, "Human soldiers!" In return he fires an arrow back at his concealed tormenter bard!
[00:02] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[00:02] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=8 ]12,0{11}
[00:03] <Kotono> But again it's a miserable miss, sailing wide! The other archer starts to fall back, firing off a shot at the visible target Rin!
[00:03] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[00:03] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=7 ]12,0{10}
[00:03] <Kotono> But this is a total failure as well!
[00:03] <Kotono> The last smearman snarls, whirling on Lyselle and trying to poke her up good!
[00:03] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[00:03] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=5 ]12,0{7}
[00:03] <Kotono> But it just glances off her armor, doing no harm at all! OOC - Go Rin and Shamal.
[00:04] * Shamal and her dog both attack the last spearman, still sticking close to one another!
[00:04] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 Rin
[00:04] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=16 ]12,0{19}
[00:04] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[00:04] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=6 ]12,0{9}
[00:09] <Kotono> The last spearman is mauled by a full on dog assault! It's ripped up, falling to the ground just like his allies!
[00:11] * Shamal remains where she is, reluctant to leave Rin and deprive her of her current magical protections. Hopefully one of the others can shoot that archer before he flees.
[00:11] <Kotono> OOC - Lysell is up. One wounded archer and one unhurt one.
[00:12] * Lyselle rushes the remaining archer, charging and swinging her mace once more in a solid arc for the archer!
[00:12] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+10
[00:12] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+10 --> 1,0[ 1d20=20 ]12,0{30}
[00:13] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+10 confirm
[00:13] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+10 1,0confirm --> 1,0[ 1d20=10 ]12,0{20}
[00:13] <Kotono> OOC - KerSPLAT.
[00:13] <Lyselle> roll 2d8+6
[00:13] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 2d8+6 --> 1,0[ 2d8=8 ]12,0{14}
[00:13] <Kotono> With an epic swing the entire archer's head is shattered! Bone, brain and teeth fly like projectile pumpkin seeds, obliterated! The last archer looks on in utter shock and fear, "Humans...way stronger!"
[00:14] <Kotono> OOC - Miss Elf.
[00:14] * Seira does not wish to be outdone, attempting to shoot up the last archer before he can retreat and report to the others.
[00:14] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A1
[00:14] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{6}
[00:14] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A2
[00:14] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{16}
[00:14] <Seira> roll 1d8+1d6
[00:14] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d8+1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d8=7 1d6=3 ]12,0{10}
[00:14] <Kotono> The last shot hits home, killing the final goblin in a rain of two arrows!
[00:14] <Kotono> OOC - Free actions at the moment.
[00:15] * Lyselle moves back to the ridge edge, checking on the camp down below.
[00:15] <Seira> "I'll look around," Seira informs the others, and does not quite leave her cover as she scouts a bit in the direction the goblins came from.
[00:15] * Shamal takes a moment to look back down the ridge to see what the goblins down there are up to, firmly pressing a hand against her wound and sucking in air through her teeth.
[00:16] * Berlioz dusts off his clothes and sighs calmly. "Hmph."
[00:17] <Kotono> Looking over the edge, Lyselle can see the goblins below are a mess. However, they're retreating up and out of the gully, more seen well out of the radius and dry. No sign of the leader.
[00:17] <Kotono> OOC - Spot check, Seira.
[00:17] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[00:17] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=4 ]12,0{5}
[00:17] <Kotono> It look sto be quiet on this front for now. Just a lot of dead goblins and equipment.
[00:18] * Seira returns, and approaches Shamal. "Is it bad?" she asks, indicating the wound in her side.
[00:19] <Shamal> "Just a flesh wound," she replies, shaking her head. "I'll be fine."
[00:19] <Seira> "I could not see anyone following after that party," she shares.
[00:23] <Kotono> The goblins are fleeing the raining gully. Tents are lurching and the entire place is a mess as they flee the supernatural rain! They're all bunched together, too.
[00:24] * Berlioz moves up the ridge to get a better view of the following chaos. "Okay, if we dilly-dally any more, the goblins will escape to safety. Better to avoid that, otherwise nothing is changed."
[00:29] <Shamal> "I can hold them in place - you mentioned rolling boulders, yes?" Shamal clarifies, before focusing down where she can catch the most goblins in a forty foot radius. "Flowers and weeds, writhe and crawl... take hold of the unclean things!" she chants her spell, bringing the foliage to life!
[00:30] <Shamal> OOC: DC 13 reflex saves to avoid being entangled, they still get slowed down even if they succeed
[00:30] <Lyselle> "Yeah, Berlioz, c'mon," Lyselle nods, heading to a boulder that should work, starting to push and heave in the direction of the goblins!
[00:31] <Kotono> OOC - Okay. I'm just going to assume that some pass and some don't, no point in rolling that many.
[00:32] <Kotono> OOC - Let me resolve these things one at a time past this, alright?
[00:32] * Berlioz nods to Lyselle and helps her push the poulders.
[00:33] <Kotono> In the wet gully vines and bushes come to life! Goblins are held and slowed down, an even bigger mess! The cries are lost in the storm, more of them slowed down! The entire group is nearly paralzed to no movement now! OOC - Strength check combining your + mods on strength, you two boulder people.
[00:35] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+4
[00:35] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+4 --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{5}
[00:36] <Kotono> Fortune does not smile on thet wo! This boulder is quite heavy, moreso than you expected at first! The two can't even budge it! OOC - Also, hearing checks again, all.
[00:36] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[00:36] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=4 ]12,0{11}
[00:36] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[00:36] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{18}
[00:36] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[00:36] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=9 ]12,0{14}
[00:36] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
[00:36] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{4}
[00:37] <Kotono> Amid the chaos Seira can hear more voices from behind, the sound of more goblins coming! It doesn't sound like as many as last time, though.
[00:38] <Seira> "Goblins," she alerts the others, and immediately seeks out cover once more. Different cover, albeit.
[00:38] * Ginrai is on IRC (Ginrai)
[00:38] <Lyselle> "Let's try to get this going," Lyselle tells Berlioz, hoping to get one rolling before further ado!
[00:38] <Kotono> Seira finds cover easily enough as she prepares.
[00:39] <Shamal> "Keep with the boulder, I'll try and hold them off!" Shamal urges Lyselle and Berlioz, moving towards where Seira said the goblins were coming from, Rin staying just in front to protect her mistress.
[00:39] <Berlioz> "Okay", Berlioz replies while helping to push.
[00:40] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+4
[00:40] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+4 --> 1,0[ 1d20=16 ]12,0{20}
[00:42] <Kotono> This time the boulder is pushed with the help of the duo! It rolls down the gully, slamming into several! So clustered together it's like easy bowling, five crushed and mangled, the rest battered around and crying out in complete disorganization! But meanwhile more come! This time it's three spearmen and a sole archer, coming onto the scene! OOC - Initiatives here.
[00:43] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 me
[00:43] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+2 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=9 ]12,0{11}
[00:43] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 Rin
[00:43] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+2 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=2 ]12,0{4}
[00:43] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+2
[00:43] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=20 ]12,0{22}
[00:43] <Seira> roll 1d20+4
[00:43] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+4 --> 1,0[ 1d20=2 ]12,0{6}
[00:43] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[00:43] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=14 ]12,0{15}
[00:43] <Kotono> OOC - Okay, go ahead and fire some arrows, Mr. concealment elf.
[00:44] * Seira greets the new arrivals with a face full of arrows! Hopefully!
[00:44] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A1
[00:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=10 ]12,0{15}
[00:44] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A2
[00:44] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=8 ]12,0{13}
[00:44] <Kotono> OOC - First hit.
[00:44] <Kotono> OOC - Er wait.
[00:45] <Seira> roll 1d8+1d6 Spearman 1
[00:45] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d8+1d6 1,0Spearman 1 --> 1,0[ 1d8=2 1d6=3 ]12,0{5}
[00:45] <Kotono> OOC - First hit.
[00:45] <Kotono> As they come over, a single arrow strikes this one in the stomach! The spearman keels over, dying and falling to the ground! But the other three aren't stopped as the battle is joined proper! OOC - Organizing initiatives.
[00:48] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1
[00:48] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{18}
[00:48] <Kotono> Lyselle>GOBLINRUSH>Berlioz>Shamal>Seira>Rin
[00:52] <Lyselle> Having found a tactic that seemingly works... Lyselle rushes the goblins head on with her mace swinging for more gore!
[00:52] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+10
[00:52] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+10 --> 1,0[ 1d20=5 ]12,0{15}
[00:52] <Kotono> OOC - Hit.
[00:52] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[00:52] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d8+3 --> 1,0[ 1d8=2 ]12,0{5}
[00:53] <Kotono> With a meaty thwack another spearman is downed! The lesser goblins are no struggle to these heroes at all, it seems! Yet the two remaining ones combat! Both turn to Lyselle, a spear poke and arrow shot at the brave woman fighter!
[00:53] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[00:53] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{3}
[00:53] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[00:53] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{6}
[00:53] <Kotono> OOC - Piteious.
[00:54] <Kotono> Wow. One completely missed with it's spear, swinging above Lyselle's head by geometry that would give a teacher a headache! The other just flat out misses completely! OOC - Berlioz.
[00:55] * Berlioz carefully aims at one of the spear mongrels, the arrow flying from the bow!
[00:55] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+3
[00:55] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=6 ]12,0{9}
[00:55] <Kotono> Yet the well trained bard also misses, sailing into the foliage above! A few wet leaves fall down, a bit of greenery rain as Shamal is ready to go!
[00:56] <Shamal> Shamal and Rin both rush forward side by side, working as a team to take down the remaining goblins!
[00:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 Shamal vs spear 1
[00:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0Shamal vs spear 1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{20}
[00:56] <Shamal> roll 1d6+1
[00:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+1 --> 1,0[ 1d6=6 ]12,0{7}
[00:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 Rin vs Spear 2
[00:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0Rin vs Spear 2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{14}
[00:56] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[00:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=4 ]12,0{7}
[00:56] <Kotono> OOC - Hit and a bare miss.
[00:59] <Kotono> While Rin spars with the spearman, there is a satistfying CRACK as Shamal goes to the speargoblin and bashes it's brains in! Yet another littlers the forest here, an entire corpseyard growing! OOC - Seira.
[00:59] <Seira> The lone archer cannot be allowed to leave. The same reasoning was used last time, and it still fits!
[00:59] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A1
[00:59] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{6}
[00:59] <Seira> roll 1d20+5 A2
[00:59] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0A2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{6}
[01:00] * Shamal sets mode: -v+v Reiko-chan Hatbot
[01:01] <Kotono> Whiff! Despite two failures Seira is firm, his arrows hitting the ground five feet ahead of the goblin! OW! She even stung her hand in the mishap! OOC - Rin-chan.
[01:01] <Shamal> OOC: Oh, whoops. Rin was with me, remember? I should have held for her action rather than going earlier.
[01:02] <Kotono> OOC - Oh yes. Don't worry about it, just remember it if initiative tics over again. In that case, Lyselle.
[01:02] <Lyselle> Lyselle, having only one opponent before her does the obvious thing: She steps up, and swings her mace for Balmuria and glory! And guts.
[01:02] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+8
[01:02] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+8 and gets 24."12 [1d20=16]
[01:02] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[01:02] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+3 and gets 4."12 [1d8=1]
[01:03] <Kotono> It slams into the archer's stomach, sending him staggering back! It's still alive and does the intelligent thing! As it's ribs are crushed, it throws up it's hands! "S-surrender!"
[01:04] <Lyselle> "Someone else deal with this! Berlioz! Boulder!" Lyselle commands, heading back to the second rock that would do for killing tribes of goblins!
[01:04] * Berlioz heads back to the boulder pushing with Lyselle wordlessly!
[01:04] <Kotono> OOC - You two make a strength check again whilst I wait for the other two to declare actions.
[01:04] * Shamal marches up to the goblin with Rin in tow. "Where's Yezrut?" she snaps, not in any mood to play around now that they've come this far.
[01:05] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+4
[01:05] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+4 and gets 7."12 [1d20=3]
[01:05] * Seira emerges from the bushes, approaching the wounded goblin.
[01:05] <Kotono> "He...He's gone! He ordered the reinforcements to stall you and fall out!" He nods quickly, "Gone over an hour ago!"
[01:05] <Kotono> Meanwhile the last boulder isn't moving so well.
[01:05] <Seira> "Gone where?" she asks.
[01:06] <Kotono> OOC - Check again.
[01:06] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+4
[01:06] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+4 and gets 16."12 [1d20=12]
[01:13] <Kotono> "Into home!" The goblin smirks a little bit, even as it coughs up blie and blood. "Out of your reach, humans!"
[01:13] <Kotono> The boulder is pushed and rolled! This time it's shoved along, going down again! The goblins below are still a mess, as this time 4 are flatted and killed by rolling rock violence! The remaining ones struggle in the entanglement, only a couple having escaped!
[01:14] <Seira> "There are others who we can ask," Seira says dismissively. "Others more cooperative." She levels her bow at the wounded goblin.
[01:16] <Kotono> The goblin winces at that, falling to it's knees, "He's gone! I don't know where! He took himself and a few others and they escaped!"
[01:16] * Seira resists the urge to groan. "Did he take a letter with him?"
[01:18] * Lyselle starts taking pot shots at the remaining goblins in the gully, trying to further reduce their numbers to more manageable levels as a soldier.
[01:18] <Kotono> "He took the parchments with him!" The goblin nods quickly, "The fancy elf ones!"
[01:18] <Kotono> OOC - Take attack rolls here. AC is super low since you're shooting fish in a barrel.
[01:18] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+5
[01:18] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+5 and gets 9."12 [1d20=4]
[01:18] <Shamal> "You said he went to home," Shamal prods, "How can you say you don't know where that is?"
[01:18] <Kotono> OOC - Damage.
[01:18] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[01:18] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+3 and gets 6."12 [1d8=3]
[01:19] <Kotono> Another goblin goes down to Lyselle's arrows, the chaos below defeaning! Meanwhile, "He just took over our tribe recently, that's why!"
[01:19] * Berlioz assists Lyselle on the task of whittling down their numbers, shooting arrows as well.
[01:20] <Seira> "Oh, for the love of Waukeen," Seira laments, before asking him, "Who was with him from his original tribe?"
[01:20] <Kotono> "Um..." The goblin flushes here, dark green faced. Meanwhile arrows rain down, terror on the remaining goblins!
[01:21] <Seira> "I find your suggestion that he took over several dozen single handedly unlikely," she presses on.
[01:23] <Kotono> "He's...really...really...something..." THe goblin licks it's lips, shaking his head. "He's changed our entire tribe and it's mind! WE even talk like you humans now!"
[01:25] <Seira> "Your cognitive skills are sadly lacking under the human standards," Seira says with a frown. "A human in your situation would have recognized the danger he was in and told us what we needed to know by now."
[01:25] <Shamal> "A shame you still retain the same mindset," Shamal mutters. "Well, no, I take it back - earlier was the first time a goblin ever lectured me on morality, after all. Anyway, did Yezrut not leave instructions as to how you would meet up with him again?"
[01:26] <Kotono> "Y-yes..." The goblin hedges at last, "...but I won't tell you." IT says the last part with a surge of bravery, puffing his chest out and his shattered mid section.
[01:26] * Lyselle stops, turning back at that. "You tell us, Goblin...or your tribe will be wiped out."
[01:27] <Shamal> "Your bargaining posture is highly dubious," Shamal adds drolly.
[01:27] <Berlioz> "Well, no. The extinction is already underway. But you might as well tell us, lest you want to join your dead comrades. I'd be happy to oblige if you're so inclined to act this high and mighty."
[01:28] <Lyselle> "We could leave the rest alive if he told us the truth. Or else we'd just have to do this again, and really wipe them all out," Lyselle answers, shrugging.
[01:29] <Kotono> The goblin pales at this, staggering back, "He's heading to the goblin stronghold at the northern marshes."
[01:30] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[01:30] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+5 and gets 16."12 [1d20=11]
[01:31] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+9
[01:31] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+9 and gets 17."12 [1d20=8]
[01:32] <Shamal> "Did he leave on foot?" Shamal asks.
[01:32] <Kotono> "N-no. We came with a riding wolf." A headshake to that, "He rode him."
[01:33] <Seira> "He took others with him," Seira muses out loud, "so his speed would be restricted." She turns to look at the goblin. "Do you have other wolves or steeds?"
[01:34] <Kotono> "Just that one..." The goblin acknowledges.
[01:34] <Berlioz> "Well, if he took others with him, this means he can only move so fast. If we hurry, we may still catch the bugger midway..."
[01:35] <Shamal> "Then let's get moving - there's no reason for us to stick around here," Shamal decides. "Tell your friends they better not show their faces before us or any other human again if they know what's good for them," she tells the goblin curtly.
[01:37] <Seira> "We should examine the tents, first," Seira suggests. "It would not be the first time a goblin tried to trick us."
[01:58] <Kotono> Once persuaded the goblins quickly flee. The tends can be searched now if the party wishes.
[01:59] * Seira submits the tents to a cursory search.
[01:59] * Shamal unties their earlier captive and sends him on his way, readying the horses and mules while the others search the tents.
[01:59] <Kotono> OOC - Search checks or are you taking 10s or 20s or whatever?
[01:59] <Seira> OOC: Whichever you prefer. And what's faster.
[02:00] <Kotono> OOC - I don't really care between search check and taking ten. 20 will take you a good chunk of time, though.
[02:00] <Seira> roll 1d20+6
[02:00] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 21."12 [1d20=15]
[02:00] <Shamal> OOC: we so aren't taking 20
[02:01] <Kotono> Besides a mess of used leather armor, long spears, hand crossbows, bolts and short swords? The following of note is found: (I'll detail the equipment after this and you can appraise or whatever after.)
[02:03] <Kotono> 1 tightly sealed clar jar. It's warm to the touch. 98 copper pieces. 49 silver pieces. A small wooden chest, but it's empty now. A iron key was left besides it, which opens the lock with ease.
[02:04] <Kotono> *clay
[02:08] <Kotono> 15 longspears
[02:08] <Kotono> 6 hand crossbows+60 bolts
[02:08] <Kotono> Two dozen pairs of stinky, goblin used leather armor. Smells bad.
[02:08] <Kotono> 4 shortbows and 45 arrows
[02:08] <Kotono> 6 short swords.
[02:08] <Kotono> 2 daggers.
[02:08] <Kotono> There are a few other things but they're broken and unusable due to natural damage.
[02:09] * Shamal helps in loading up the packmules with equipment before saddling up, still keeping Rin close to her horse to maintain their shared spell.
[02:09] <Kotono> The rain has passed now, gone like the magic that spawned it. Your mules are burdened down, whilst Flopsy peeks out briefly from her bag.
[02:10] <Kotono> *his
[02:11] <Seira> "Let's go," Seira says, leading the others in the direction the cowardly goblin leader was said to have taken.
[02:11] * Shamal obligingly follows, keeping an eye out for tracks of a wolfish or goblinoid nature.
[02:12] <Kotono> OOc - Tracking check, Shamal/Rin/whatever the hell you are.
[02:13] <Shamal> roll 1d20+11 Shamal's survival assuming the DC is less than 10
[02:13] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+11 Shamal's survival assuming the DC is less than 10 and gets 19."12 [1d20=8]
[02:15] <Kotono> Rin finds a trail! As the afternoon burns on above, forgotten, you soon come to a stream. It's not very deep but it is long, perfectably fordable. Rin pauses here, sniffing.
[02:17] * Seira tries to discern the best way to travel to the goblin's destination from this point.
[02:17] <Kotono> There isn't any particular path on the other side, just wild forest. OOc - Elaborate, Cor?
[02:17] <Seira> OOC: We know where he's headed, and there are only so many roads... if he wants to get there fast, he'll take the shortest route, likely.
[02:18] <Kotono> OOC: Knowledge Geo check, then.
[02:19] <Seira> OOC: I already did that!
[02:19] <Kotono> OOC: You
[02:19] <Kotono> OOC: You're referring to the roll about the northern marshes?
[02:20] <Kotono> Seira thinks. It's not an easy way, but there are some roads that should, in theory connect. It's admittely difficult to know for sure in the wilds, but there's one maybe...three miles downstream or so?
[02:21] <Kotono> OOC: If you wanna try to think up anythign deeper or secret, you can try another check.
[02:21] <Seira> roll 1d20+5
[02:21] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+5 and gets 17."12 [1d20=12]
[02:21] <Kotono> Seira belives that's probably the shortest path he knows of.
[02:21] * Berlioz ponders on the possible routes to take and which would be shorter... hm.
[02:21] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+9
[02:21] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+9 and gets 11."12 [1d20=2]
[02:22] <Kotono> Berlioz starts to think, but all he can remember is that he's a little tired. Blah.
[02:22] <Seira> "I think he might have gone with the streem for several miles, before continuing," she informs the others. "What about your dog, Shamal? Can it find a scent?"
[02:23] <Shamal> "Possibly," Shamal hedges. "Assuming this key was used by Yezrut or one of the ones with him," she holds up the key taken from the chest, "It might be enough for her."
[02:26] <Shamal> "Let's see if we can pick up something on the other side, if not we'll go in the direction that leads closer to the marshes until the trail resumes?" she hazards, guiding her horse across the stream and getting her feet wet while Rin swims across beside her.
[02:26] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 for Rin to pick up the scent
[02:26] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 for Rin to pick up the scent and gets 10."12 [1d20=5]
[02:26] <Shamal> roll 1d20+11 for me to look for any easily noticable tracks, if any
[02:26] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+11 for me to look for any easily noticable tracks, if any and gets 22."12 [1d20=11]
[02:28] <Kotono> Brr! The water is cold as you head down the river! Rin is completely and utterly lost, whimpering a bit at the chilly water. But Shamal's eyes note a few quasi tracks. Gravel disrupted, bedrocks in the river moved. After about three miles, you come to a little path on the northern side of the river, which Seira thinks is the one she thought of.
[02:28] * Shamal looks for tracks leading off the river at this path! Rin also tries to catch the scent again.
[02:29] <Shamal> roll 1d20+11 Shamal
[02:29] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+11 Shamal and gets 16."12 [1d20=5]
[02:29] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[02:29] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 10."12 [1d20=5]
[02:29] <Kotono> Once again Rin putters around, not being very effective. But Shamal spots a few tracks just out of the riverbed. They're fresh.
[02:31] <Shamal> "They definitely went off the river, here," Shamal points out the tracks to the others, glad to get back on dry land.
[02:33] <Berlioz> "Well, then, let us move?" Berlioz offers dryly, vaguely annoyed at his wet clothings.
[02:34] <Kotono> The path ahead is small and narrow, but enough to proceed on. The forest is thicker - without a doubt, you're heading into the barbarian lands in your chase. Not much light gets through the canopy, the afternoon sun struggling to give you illumination. OOc - Tracking check, doggie-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
[02:34] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 don't let me down, Rin
[02:34] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 don't let me down, Rin and gets 19."12 [1d20=14]
[02:35] <Kotono> Rin soon picks up a scent! On you go, deeper in! The path is narrowing despite being very well cleared, enough to nearly make you want to walk single file...hm? Rin perks up and goes to the side of the path, panting as she sits.
[02:36] <Shamal> "Rin?" Shamal follows her dog, no longer needing to stay close now that her spell has expired and looking to see what seems to have her attention.
[02:36] <Kotono> There are signs in the bush that someone recently pushes through here. Indeed, with Rin pointing it out, you can see a small, subtle animal trail.
[02:38] <Shamal> "Either paranoid, or knows he's being followed..." Shamal mutters, reaching down to pat Rin's head approvingly.
[02:38] <Kotono> Your horseswould be very, very hard pressed to make this path.
[02:39] <Shamal> "I think we're close," she goes on, dismounting her horse. "At least I hope so - I wouldn't want to leave our horses for long out here."
[02:41] <Seira> "He is paranoid," Seira voices. "It must be the reason."
[02:43] * Shamal takes a moment with her warhorse, it being more trained for riding and simple fighting, but she tries to impress on it a task - to defend this area against anyone else that comes near.
[02:43] <Shamal> roll 1d20+6 handle animal DC 20
[02:43] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+6 handle animal DC 20 and gets 25."12 [1d20=19]
[02:43] <Lyselle> "Can Rin tell if both trails were traveled?" Lyselle asks, frowning. It could be another distraction!
[02:44] <Shamal> "This is where the scent goes," Shamal explains, nonetheless checking to see if she sees any tracks going elsewhere.
[02:44] <Kotono> As Shamal successfully instructs her horse, you can see that the path ahead is quite dim. Not much light at all.
[02:44] <Shamal> roll 1d20+11 survival
[02:44] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+11 survival and gets 12."12 [1d20=1]
[02:45] <Kotono> Shamal thinks that the ground is pretty. Sadly this has no bearing on finding tracks.
[02:45] <Shamal> "Definitely, this is where they went," she concludes authoritatively.
[02:47] <Seira> "Let's go, then."
[02:47] <Lyselle> "Alright," Lyselle nods, heading forward with shield held out, amce at the ready!
[02:47] <Berlioz> "Erm... okay...", Berlioz blinks with a sigh, following the girls meekly.
[02:49] <Kotono> The path is narrow! Twisty! Smelly! If the gods forsaked an area of the world this would be it. Soon the humans find themsevles squinting, the path twisting this way and that - but hm? You can here water ahead, and there's another sharp turn of the path to the right.
[02:50] * Shamal proceeds cautiously, a spell on the tip of her tongue in readiness for whatever they may find...
[02:51] * Lyselle prepares herself for a fight, as this is both a likely camping, and a likely ambush spot with such a sharp turn. Huddling behind her shield, Lyselle downs a potion to divinely protect her before turning the corner!
[02:51] * Seira attempts to cast a spell of her own, placing her buckler down briefly!
[02:52] <Seira> roll 1d20+1
[02:52] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+1 and gets 5."12 [1d20=4]
[02:52] <Seira> OOC: Ah, such fail
[02:52] * Berlioz keeps his shortbow ready, staying at a safe enough distance to avoid friendly fire.
[02:52] <Kotono> roll 1d20
[02:52] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 17."12 [1d20=17]
[02:52] <Seira> OOC: I actually passed, heh
[02:52] <Kotono> OOC: Heh!
[02:55] * Lyselle turns the corner, ready for an attack and ready to dish it!
[02:56] <Kotono> What you see ahead is a blur! There is a small river clearing, a twoset of tents set out! Tall tents, blocking your vision! But coming right at Lyselle is a goblin with a shortsword, eyes widening as battle begins! Behind it in the campsight proper are three others, two with spears and one with a shortbow! "Master!" One cries! OOC - Let's do the dreaded initiative here, shall we?
[02:57] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 2."12 [1d20=1]
[02:57] <Seira> roll 1d20+4
[02:57] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 Shamal
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+4 and gets 8."12 [1d20=4]
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+2 Shamal and gets 6."12 [1d20=4]
[02:57] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+2
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+2 and gets 10."12 [1d20=8]
[02:57] <Shamal> roll 1d20+2 Rin
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+2 Rin and gets 20."12 [1d20=18]
[02:57] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 sword
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 sword and gets 12."12 [1d20=11]
[02:57] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 bow
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 bow and gets 16."12 [1d20=15]
[02:57] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 spear
[02:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 spear and gets 14."12 [1d20=13]
[02:57] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 ????
[02:57] * Berlioz sets mode: -v Hatbot
[02:57] * Berlioz sets mode: +v Serith
[02:58] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 ????
[02:58] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Kotono : [ 1d20=11 ]{15}
[02:59] <Kotono> Rin>Bowgob>????>Speargob>Swordgob>Lyselle>Seira>Shamal>Berlioz
[03:00] <Shamal> Rin promptly darts forward to savage the guard-goblin!
[03:00] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3
[03:00] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Shamal : [ 1d20=5 ]{8}
[03:00] <Kotono> Darting past Lyselle and into the clearing a bit, Rin finds it's teeth and claws ineffective against the leather wearing swordgoblin! As Rin is blocked, it's a tasty target for the goblin archer, who rears back and looses off an arrow!
[03:00] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[03:00] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Kotono : [ 1d20=18 ]{21}
[03:01] <Kotono> OOC - AC, and also HP since I dont' have it topicized?
[03:01] * Shamal sets mode: -v+v Serith Hatbot
[03:01] <Shamal> OOC: AC 16, HP 13
[03:01] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 22/22 Rin 13/13'
[03:02] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[03:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 2."12 [1d6=2]
[03:02] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 22/22 Rin 11/13'
[03:03] <Kotono> The arrow pierces Rin's left front paw, making the poor dog yelp in pain!  As that happens, the spear gob advances as well, using it' sreach to poke out at Lyselle!
[03:03] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[03:03] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 6."12 [1d20=4]
[03:03] <Kotono> But this is a complete and utter miss! It swings wild, nearly sending itself over in a tizzy of malaimed skill!
[03:04] <Kotono> So occupied with the dog, the sworder gobby leaps up a bit, coming down with a vicious slash at Rin!
[03:04] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[03:04] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 19."12 [1d20=17]
[03:04] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[03:05] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 6."12 [1d6=6]
[03:05] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 22/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:05] <Kotono> Rin's side is soundly skewered by the goblin, who steps back a few feet defensively! "Murderers!" The goblin complains in a shrill, angered tone! OOC - Lyselle.
[03:08] <Shamal> Rin bites the spear-goblin that wandered past her to get Lyselle!
[03:08] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3
[03:08] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 and gets 22."12 [1d20=19]
[03:08] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[03:08] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+3 and gets 5."12 [1d6=2]
[03:08] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 trip check if needed
[03:08] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 trip check if needed and gets 17."12 [1d20=14]
[03:09] <Kotono> Despite bleeding like a doggie skewer, Rin leaps up to chomp the face off the goblin! Quite literally, eyes popping and nose ripped off entirely! It's a mess of blood and leaking fluids as it falls down, slain!
[03:10] <Lyselle> Lyselle gets up close and personal with the shortsword weilding Goblin, raising her mace and bringing it down in Goblin Braining!
[03:10] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+8
[03:10] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+8 and gets 18."12 [1d20=10]
[03:10] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+3
[03:10] * Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+3 and gets 7."12 [1d8=4]
[03:11] <Kotono> The clang of metal on brain is indeed heard! A skull is cracked, echoing in the dim forest! Over the murmur of the stream! OOC - Seira.
[03:12] * Seira moves to the front, saluting the fellow archer with her bow before she loosens a single arrow at him.
[03:13] <Seira> roll 1d20+7
[03:13] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+7 and gets 25."12 [1d20=18]
[03:13] <Seira> roll 1d8
[03:13] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8 and gets 7."12 [1d8=7]
[03:13] <Kotono> The archer perks up a moment at the salute, before it's eye is poked out! Yep, it's dead from the way it falls to the ground and stops moving! OOC - ???? is acting.
[03:15] <Kotono> Over the chaos, you can hear his voice from behind a tent! "Dammit...I knew you were trouble when I saw you. You aren't quite as dim as the other humans!" In a rush Yezrut comes rushing out! On his wolf steed he charges, greatsword held with both hands  as he barrels past his fallen comrades and at Lyselle!
[03:15] <Kotono> roll 1d20+10
[03:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+10 and gets 22."12 [1d20=12]
[03:15] <Kotono> OOc - AC, Lyselle?
[03:15] <Lyselle> OOC - 21 sadness
[03:15] <Kotono> roll 2d6+3
[03:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+3 and gets 11."12 [2d6=4, 4]
[03:15] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 11/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:16] <Kotono> Rin>Lyselle>Seira>Yezrut>Shamal>Berlioz - Shamal is up.
[03:17] <Kotono> The blade slams into Lyselle's chest, impaling her! With a twist he rips the blade out, a horrific wound that would down a lesser mortal! "If I'm gonna get hunted down," His face is a mask fo caclucated fury, controlled as it is fierce, "At least I'm going to go down to someone who knows what they're doing!"
[03:18] * Shamal frowns a moment, before swiftly reaching into her pouch for a pinch of sand as she darts forward and extends her hands, "Rainbow's light, blind my foes!" she calls as an irridescent cascade of colour bursts forth in a cone over the wolf and its rider, angled to miss any of her allies!
[03:18] <Shamal> OOC: DC 14 will save
[03:18] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[03:18] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 and gets 17."12 [1d20=14]
[03:19] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1
[03:19] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 and gets 19."12 [1d20=18]
[03:19] * Berlioz sets mode: -v Hatbot
[03:19] * Berlioz sets mode: +v Reiko-chan
[03:19] <Seira> "You did not really have to go down at all," Seira feels obligated to point out. "If you just bought supplies like normal people instead of robbing our citizens, this would all have been avoided. And Malmuth would have killed you for murdering their patrol," she adds a moment later, thoughtfully.
[03:20] * Sierra (KingLerxst@dialup-4.249.6.215.Dial1.Washington2.Level3.net) has joined #dunes
[03:20] <Kotono> A rainbow of color surrounds the wolf and rider! Yet neither of them even blink at it, a swipe of his greatsword banishing the color away! "Oh shut up, elf," he drawls in the heat of the battle, casting a glare to Seira.
[03:20] <Kotono> OOC - Berlioz is up. Goood!
[03:21] <Seira> "At least I'm not being grouped with the humans anymore," she muses, dismissing him.
[03:22] * Berlioz glances at the wounded Lyselle and raises an eyebrow. "You probably need some mending, lady. Let me help", he remarks as he begins to cast Cure Light Wounds.
[03:23] <Berlioz> roll 1d8+3
[03:23] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d8+3 --> 1,0[ 1d8=2 ]12,0{5}
[03:23] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 16/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:24] <Kotono> The mending magic does it's job, repairing much of the rip out damage, yet there is still a big hole in Lyselle where the goblin impaled her! OOC - Rin.
[03:25] <Shamal> "Rin, the wolf!" Shamal gestures urgently, her wounded dog hunching down low and growling ferally before lunging at the wolf's jugular, trying to bring it down along with its rider!
[03:25] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3
[03:25] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=15 ]12,0{18}
[03:25] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[03:25] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=2 ]12,0{5}
[03:25] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 trip check
[03:25] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0trip check --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{14}
[03:25] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[03:25] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{5}
[03:27] <Kotono> With a chomp the chest of the great wolf is bitten into! With a heroic, half dead effort Rin drags the riding wolf down! "Woaaaaaah!" Down it goes, Yezrut sent to the ground and disoriented! OOC - I'm ruling his flatfooted until his upcoming turn due to that. Go, Lyselle.
[03:27] <Kotono> The wolf is bleeding but alive, growling at Rin!
[03:27] <Kotono> roll 1d20 + I'll check afater the roll if need be
[03:27] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20 1,0+ I'll check afater the roll if need be --> 1,0[ 1d20=4 ]12,0{4}
[03:27] <Kotono> roll 1d6
[03:27] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d6 --> 1,0[ 1d6=2 ]12,0{2}
[03:30] <Lyselle> With her opponent tangled and disoriented, Lyselle gets within reach again, swinging her mace with deatha nd revenge on her mind! Goblin brains! They need to be splattered!
[03:30] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+8
[03:30] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+8 --> 1,0[ 1d20=20 ]12,0{28}
[03:30] <Lyselle> roll 1d20+8 confirm
[03:30] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d20+8 1,0confirm --> 1,0[ 1d20=14 ]12,0{22}
[03:30] <Kotono> OOC - Crittaru.
[03:30] <Lyselle> roll 2d8+6
[03:30] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 2d8+6 --> 1,0[ 2d8=12 ]12,0{18}
[03:32] <Kotono> The sound is unmistakable. The sound of a set of ribs being pulverised, a mace slamming in and tearing like a wreckingball into an old building! Lyselle's blow staggers Yezrut massively, a splut of blood coughed up from the strike! Birds above take off into the air, the brave goblin warrior greviously injured! OOC - Seira.
[03:33] <Seira> "You really should have negotiated," Seira tells Yezrut, leveling her bow at him. "Or, at the very least, surrendered when you had the chance."
[03:33] <Seira> roll 1d20+1 A1
[03:33] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 1,0A1 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{12}
[03:33] <Seira> roll 1d20+1 A2
[03:33] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+1 1,0A2 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{12}
[03:34] <Kotono> Both arrows find Yezrut's chest - but bounce off his shining breastplate! WIth a chance, the goblin swings his sword behind him and then out, looking to cleave Lyselle in half like a candy bar!
[03:34] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[03:34] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+8 --> 1,0[ 1d20=19 ]12,0{27}
[03:34] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8 crit check
[03:34] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+8 1,0crit check --> 1,0[ 1d20=18 ]12,0{26}
[03:35] <Kotono> roll 4d6+6
[03:35] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 4d6+6 --> 1,0[ 4d6=13 ]12,0{19}
[03:35] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle -3/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:36] <Kotono> Despite his ribs being pulverized into a fine mesh, Yezrut lets out a defiant scream! So does Lyselle, but for all the wrong reasons! Her torso is nearly ripped in half, her body falling in a geyser of red! If she lives now it's only for moments and by the graces of all the gods that are and ever will be!
[03:37] <Kotono> "Heh...stupid human..." Yezrut spits, staggering after as he looks up. Defiant and bloodied, "Which one of you fucking idiots is next?"
[03:37] <Seira> "You, I believe," Seira tells him sternly. "Want to save us the trouble?"
[03:37] <Kotono> OOC - Shamal is up.
[03:38] <Shamal> "Lyselle!" Shamal cries as the stout warrior of the group goes down. Just going to heal her right now won't do any good at all... they have to kill Yezrut! "Grrr..." she half snarls, clenching her hands, "Allies of the forest, heed my call! Swiftly comes the hunter!" In a final cry, she raises her hand exultantly to the air as another wolf appears behind Yezrut, Shamal swiftly moving forward to provide flanking as it tears into him!
[03:39] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 for wolf
[03:39] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0for wolf --> 1,0[ 1d20=19 ]12,0{26}
[03:39] <Shamal> roll 1d6+1
[03:39] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+1 --> 1,0[ 1d6=3 ]12,0{4}
[03:39] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 trip check
[03:39] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0trip check --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{22}
[03:39] <Kotono> roll 1d20 + check in a sec
[03:39] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20 1,0+ check in a sec --> 1,0[ 1d20=8 ]12,0{8}
[03:39] <Kotono> OOC - Also, I forgot wolf's action, but it'll resolve after this since it's going after Rin anyway.
[03:40] <Shamal> OOC: damage is 6, since I forgot its boosted strength
[03:40] <Kotono> The bite takes a chunk out of the upper leg, sending him down in a bleeding heap! He's still moving even after the take down!
[03:40] <Kotono> OOC- Okay, he still lives.
[03:40] <Kotono> The wolf that was tripped tries to get up first of all, having few options! OOC - If you're going to AoO, go for it.
[03:41] <Shamal> Rin and Shamal both take the opportunity presented, while the newly conjured wolf keeps its focus on Yezrut!
[03:41] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 Rin
[03:41] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=18 ]12,0{21}
[03:41] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[03:41] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=1 ]12,0{4}
[03:41] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 trip check
[03:41] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0trip check --> 1,0[ 1d20=1 ]12,0{4}
[03:41] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 Shamal
[03:41] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0Shamal --> 1,0[ 1d20=6 ]12,0{9}
[03:42] <Kotono> The wolf is bitten again! It stays up, however, and focuses it's wounded rage on Rin in revenge!
[03:43] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3
[03:43] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{14}
[03:44] <Kotono> But the bite misses, Rin safe again! OOC - Berlioz is up, go1
[03:45] <Kotono> Rin>Lyselle>Seira>Yezrut>Shamal>Berlioz REfresher
[03:45] * Berlioz sighs and targets the damned goblin. "... it's safe to say we've grown tired of you.", and with that, he shoots another arrow!
[03:45] <Berlioz> roll 1d20+3
[03:45] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Berlioz rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=11 ]12,0{14}
[03:46] <Kotono> The arrow misses, aimed too high forthe downed goblin warrior! It just sails overhead! OOC - Rin-chan.
[03:47] <Shamal> Growing low in her throat, Rin once again hurls herself at her wild cousin, trying to tear its throat out!
[03:48] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3
[03:48] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 --> 1,0[ 1d20=18 ]12,0{21}
[03:48] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[03:48] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=2 ]12,0{5}
[03:48] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 trip
[03:48] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0trip --> 1,0[ 1d20=12 ]12,0{15}
[03:48] <Kotono> With a final bite the throat of the wolf goes! It bleeds out, a savage victory for a friend of humankind! IT slumps down by it's still alive master, passing into death before Yezrut!
[03:49] <Kotono> OOC - Lyselle's stabilization roll
[03:49] <Kotono> OOC - d100, L-chan.
[03:50] <Lyselle> roll 1d100
[03:50] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d100 --> 1,0[ 1d100=82 ]12,0{82}
[03:50] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 19/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle -4/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:50] <Kotono> Meanwhile, Lyselle continues her new adventure into bleeding to death! OOC - SEira.
[03:50] <Seira> Yezrut has to go down for good, and preferably sooner rather than later. With that thought in mind, Seira takes better aim with this arrow.
[03:50] <Seira> roll 1d20+7
[03:50] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+7 --> 1,0[ 1d20=5 ]12,0{12}
[03:51] <Kotono> Yet this arrow misses as well! Another thunk into a standing tent! As this happens, Yezrut tries to get up valiantly! OOC - AoO him if you're gonna, people.
[03:51] <Seira> Frustrated at her lack of success, she retreats, grabbing for another arrow.
[03:51] <Shamal> Conjured wolf attacks!
[03:51] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7
[03:51] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{10}
[03:53] <Shamal> roll 1d20+3 for Rin
[03:53] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0for Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=8 ]12,0{11}
[03:54] <Kotono> So he manages to get up, a magical wolf bite missing him! As he does he huffs in and out air, ragged and limping as he looks towards his tormentors! With a lunge he looks to impale Shamal!
[03:54] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[03:54] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 1d20+8 --> 1,0[ 1d20=7 ]12,0{15}
[03:54] <Kotono> OOC - AC?
[03:54] <Shamal> OOC: 12
[03:54] <Kotono> roll 2d6+3
[03:54] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Kotono rolled :1,0 2d6+3 --> 1,0[ 2d6=3 ]12,0{6}
[03:54] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 13/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle -4/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:55] <Kotono> It's a graze, only tearing open a large segment of Shamal's upper chest! Only! The goblin staggers and curses like a drunken sailor, somehow keeping his impossibly huge sword in check, "Heh...heh...."
[03:55] <Kotono> OOC - Shamal.
[03:56] * Shamal cries out in pain, only sticking around just long enough to help her wolf get in a flanking attack before she falls back a few feet to produce her wand and wave it over Lyselle's downed form, hopefully getting some life back into her.
[03:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 wolf final attack
[03:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0wolf final attack --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{24}
[03:56] <Shamal> roll 1d6+3
[03:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d6+3 --> 1,0[ 1d6=1 ]12,0{4}
[03:57] <Shamal> roll 1d20+4 trip check
[03:57] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 13/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 0/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:57] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+4 1,0trip check --> 1,0[ 1d20=16 ]12,0{20}
[03:57] <Shamal> roll 1d8+1 healing
[03:57] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d8+1 1,0healing --> 1,0[ 1d8=4 ]12,0{5}
[03:57] * Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 13/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 1/22 Rin 5/13'
[03:58] <Kotono> As Lyselle stirs under the healing magic of her savior, another bite is taken out of Yezrut! He staggers as his hamstring is torn, looking at Shamal! He points his sword at her, trying to lunge...and falling flat on his face instead, dead.
[03:59] * Seira blinks, before nodding to herself and making her way towards Lyselle.
[03:59] <Shamal> "Oh, thank Mielikki..." Shamal gasps, leaning on her quarterstaff in relief. "I thought he'd never die..."
[03:59] * Lyselle stumbles up to her feet, raising her mace in a rictus of pain, fury, and adrenaline...! And stumbles to the ground, gasping and bleeding and huffing as she downs her potion.
[03:59] <Lyselle> roll 1d8+1
[03:59] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Lyselle rolled :1,0 1d8+1 --> 1,0[ 1d8=4 ]12,0{5}
[04:00] * Lyselle changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 13/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 6/22 Rin 5/13'
[04:01] * Berlioz sighs in relief, pulling his bow back and checking around between wounded and dead. "This was... I'm not sure if I have words for this."
[04:01] <Seira> "He should have surrendered," Seira states.
[04:01] * Lyselle just lays down and whimpers.
[04:02] * Berlioz sighs, folding his arms. "He was just overconfident. Cocky mongrels such as his know no better."
[04:02] <Shamal> Rin does much the same, while Shamal goes over and tends to both her dog and herself. "I will be sure to memorise healing spells tonight... otherwise our journey home will be most unpleasant," she mutters, wincing.

Corwin

[17:52] <Dungeon_Kotono> As the afternoon sun plummets to it's star filled rest, the party is victorious! Yezrut lies dead at your feet, his camp and equipment open to be taken as they wish! OOC - Free action time, do what you want/search/ect.
[17:53] * Berlioz searches specifically for the letter and pendant Yezrut had in his hands.
[17:53] * Shamal takes some time to tend to herself and Rin, patching themselves up enough until she can prepare some magic to properly heal them. She does take a moment to cast detect magic, however, just in case Yezrut had something interesting without realising it.
[17:54] * Seira decides to stand watch, just in case.
[17:54] * Lyselle tiredly and painfully goes about serarching, taking her time, and using the aches and worse pains of her injuries as an excuse to be slow and methodical.
[17:56] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay. First off, spot/listen checks, Seira. Taking 20 from the sounds of it, Lyselle? Shamal detects no magic. Sec on Berlioz, lemme resolve Lyselle's intent first.
[17:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[17:56] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Shamal : [ 1d20=10 ]{17}
[17:56] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 me and gets 12."12 [1d20=5]
[17:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=7 ]12,0{14}
[17:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[17:56] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Shamal : [ 1d20=12 ]{17}
[17:56] * Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 9."12 [1d20=4]
[17:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=12 ]12,0{17}
[17:56] * Dungeon_Kotono sets mode: +m
[17:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+7 me
[17:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+7 1,0me --> 1,0[ 1d20=6 ]12,0{13}
[17:56] <Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
[17:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Shamal rolled :1,0 1d20+5 1,0Rin --> 1,0[ 1d20=3 ]12,0{8}
[17:56] <Seira> roll 1d20+3 S
[17:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0S --> 1,0[ 1d20=17 ]12,0{20}
[17:56] <Seira> roll 1d20+3 L
[17:56] <Reiko-chan> 1,0Seira rolled :1,0 1d20+3 1,0L --> 1,0[ 1d20=12 ]12,0{15}
[17:57] <Lyselle> OOC - Yeah, taking 20 since I have nothing better to do, and I shouldn't be fighting. >_>;
[17:57] <Dungeon_Kotono> Seira doesn't note anything as she stands guard, it looks quiet and peaceful.
[17:58] <Dungeon_Kotono> Between them, Berlioz and Lyselle make quick work of the camp. The diplomat's emblem is found under the breast plate of Yezrut. On Yezrut is the following:
[17:58] <Dungeon_Kotono> 1 Greatsword, one breastplate, Diplomat's Emblem of Malmuth.
[17:59] <Dungeon_Kotono> In the tends teh following can be found after a good search:
[18:00] <Dungeon_Kotono> 40 arrows, stolen farm supplies, saddle and harness for a wolfrider, a rolled up piece of fancy looking parchment with a broken wax seal, 49 gold coins.
[18:05] * Berlioz takes a hold of the Emblem, and, as soon as that possible, the parchment itself. "Okay... let us see what this piece of paper is all about..."
[18:05] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Can you read elven?
[18:05] <Berlioz> OOC - Yes.
[18:05] * Lyselle nods, reading it over Berlioz's shoulder. She's curious too!
[18:06] <Dungeon_Kotono> In precise elven words are the following:
[18:08] <Dungeon_Kotono> Hail High King of the Sun, Throne of the Eternal Kingdom of the Elf. The Great Empire of Malmuth extends it's deepest cordialities to you and your blessed kingdom. I wish to personally endorse what my trusted aide has to tell you, and that I wish for gainful cooperation between both of us. The Throne of the Great Empire.
[18:11] <Lyselle> "...Which means that the real details of what was intended here are long dead, along with the man that was carrying this," Lyselle mumbles, sighing quietly. "Still good intelligence...just..."
[18:12] * Seira picks the parchment up next, and quickly scans it. "Interesting," she says in agreement.
[18:12] <Shamal> "Well, the message never reached the elfs, whatever it was," Shamal murmurs as she gathers up their findings. "Anyway, let's find somewhere else away from here and camp for the night before heading home?"
[18:13] <Berlioz> "I'm not sure if this is such great intelligence. One would try for more surefire methods to get this letter to the elves than goblins. Interesting gamble, but that can be a bad idea... anyway. I'll concur with Shamal here", Berlioz blankly states.
[18:13] <Seira> "We should load up the stolen supplies so that we may return them," Seira comments.
[18:14] <Berlioz> "Sure. It'd be a bad thing to return to the farmers empty-handed."
[18:16] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Doing anything else here or moving along?
[18:17] <Shamal> OOC: Go back to our horses then move a bit back the way we came before camping?
[18:19] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: Okay. Nothing of note happens at night and your rest is peaceful. You feel refreshed after sleeping and the next day isn't even rainy. How nice! Heading back now?
[18:20] <Shamal> OOC: I memorise 3 castings of lesser vigour (spell compendium) to heal myself, Rin, and Lyselle by 12hp each. And mending to fix my clothes and stuff.
[18:21] * Ginrai is on IRC (Ginrai)
[18:22] * Dungeon_Kotono changes topic to 'Seira: 13/13 Shamal 21/21 Berlioz 20/20 Lyselle 18/22 Rin 13/13'
[18:22] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: Okay. Are you guys doing anything of note or just heading back to Balmuria?
[18:23] <Lyselle> OOC - Returning things to the farms?
[18:23] <Seira> OOC: Returning stuff, giving money to farmers who got their cows eaten, that thing
[18:23] <Shamal> OOC: Stop by the farms to dispense supplies and compensation as well as let them know the good news!
[18:23] <Berlioz> OOC: We're the farming faeries.
[18:23] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: Snicker. Okay, beyond supplies, what sorta compensation and how much total?
[18:24] <Seira> OOC: As much as they lost
[18:24] <Seira> OOC: Tell us the difference between their losses and what we found!
[18:24] <Shamal> OOC: they'll totally lie and say they lost more than we can afford!
[18:25] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: Comes up to about 65 GP after returned supplies.
[18:26] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: Erk, 75, excuse me.
[18:29] <Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: Anyway, going to pay?
[18:29] <Seira> OOC: Yes
[18:29] <Shamal> OOC: Yeah, use all the gold/silver/copper we looted plus 5gp each from our wages
[18:33] <Dungeon_Kotono> The farmers are very grateful. You get free lunches as well as a few nice looks from the males. (Well, except Berlioz, obviously.) After that's done, the party heads back to Balmuria. The sun is setting when they arrive, the gates still open a little while longer. The last traders of the day are leavings, guards at attention but starting to shown signs of being ready to go. Home!
[18:34] <Dungeon_Kotono> The lead gate guard snaps to attention, saluting, "Commander Oberuth wants to see you," he reports to the party.
[18:34] <Dungeon_Kotono> A young, freshfaced guard with rakish brown hair pointedly keeps his mouth shut this time, blushing and looking away from the group.
[18:35] <Shamal> "Ahh, just need to make our report and then we can go home..." Shamal smiles, reaching down to indulgently pet Rin as they approach, before she salutes the guard back. "He's at the garrison, yes?"
[18:35] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Yes." THe older one keeps his expression neutral, though his eyes drift towards the younger one a moment.
[18:37] <Seira> Then the garrison is where she has to be, Seira decides, headed there.
[18:37] * Lyselle smirks a little, leaning down in the saddle as they pull up, patting the younger guard on the head. "Don't be so clam faced, it's kind of obvious," she teased, raising an eyebrow. "You'll never get another guard with nerves like that," she adds, snickering softly and tossing her hair, heading into the city. "Thank you," she nods to the older guard.
[18:38] * Shamal just smiles a little embarrassedly at Lyselle's teasing, following the others into the city as well.
[18:38] <Dungeon_Kotono> The younger one blushes hot crimson, stuttering out as he snaps to even more rigid attention! "Uh...ye....ma'am!" He looks away, his older partner rolling his eyes again.
[18:39] * Berlioz snickers. "His juvenile blood is acting up rather chipperly, ain't it."
[18:41] <Lyselle> "Some of us can still remember such days with little trouble, old man," Lyselle remarks plainly, glancing at Berlioz's hair with a pointed smile.
[18:42] <Dungeon_Kotono> So deeper into the city you go! The garrison's unheated halls and hard wooden chairs are a refreshment. You're soon back in the room where this started, the plain meeting room with slightly uncomfortable chairs. Commander Oberuth is here, lightly reading a few sheets of paper as you enter. "Oh? Finally!" He looks up, "Welcome back - and at ease before you even try it."
[18:43] * Seira doesn't seem affected by his words overmuch.
[18:43] <Shamal> "It was an interesting adventure," Shamal smiles genially as she takes a seat, her animal friends sadly left outside for now. "Sir," she manages to add.
[18:45] <Dungeon_Kotono> The large man stretches back, the sound of popping tendons crackling in the room. "Now then. Let's hear about it - none of you came back being dragged by a mule or in a little saddlebag, so I assume it went at least marginally well?"
[18:46] * Berlioz nods. "Went well enough for us to identify and route the cause of the problem, I'd believe. But... I think this will require a detailed report, which I'll work on."
[18:47] <Seira> "Sir, in the course of the mission, we came across information relating to Malmuth," Seira reports dutifully.
[18:47] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Good, good! Get talking." Your commander kicks back in his chair, "I can still detect the faint aroma of goblins aroun-hm?" His eyes turn to Seira, "Alright, this sounds more interesting. Go on."
[18:48] <Shamal> "Initial appearances suggested that the goblins were being supplied by Malmuth," Shamal adds, sitting with her hands on the table, "But they later revealed that they had actually waylaid a group from Malmuth and stolen their equipment and belongings."
[18:48] <Seira> "The goblin chief intercepted a group of Malmuth spies headed for the elven lands, from all appearances. He proceeded to kill them all and take this missive off their leader," she says, offering the parchment to the Commander.
[18:50] <Dungeon_Kotono> The parchment is taken, a grunt from the commander, "Damn. Alright, translate this and let me get a look at what those irritants stole from the bastards."
[18:50] * Seira offers a correct translation, as requested.
[18:53] <Dungeon_Kotono> "Politics." A snort there, but his good humor is gone as he stands up. "Good work, all of you. Go get some rest and I'll go look over what you dragged back. I'll send a page tomorrow to update you. Take a few days to rest up now, you've earned them."
[18:56] <Shamal> "Thank you, sir," Shamal rises fluidly. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to sleeping in a real bed."
[18:57] * Berlioz raises an eyebrow. "I'll be rather busy for the next few days myself. Historical reports don't get done by themselves, much less in a bed."
[18:57] <Lyselle> "Yeah," Lyselle agrees, pushing off the wall where she'd been leaning smiling. "And staying out of my armor for longer than a night at a time," she adds, saluting their commander. "Thank you, and good night, sir," she offers casually, smiling and retreating from the room once dismissed.
[18:58] <Shamal> "I wouldn't know," Shamal smiles serenely to Berlioz, following Lyselle's lead.
[18:58] * Seira echoes Lyselle's salute, and silently heads out of the room.
[18:59] * Berlioz leaves the room quietly, nodding his head back and forth.