News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

004. "Can I call you sister?"

Started by Merc, March 28, 2012, 11:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

#dunes (all party)

[17:58] <Kotono> ---
[18:01] <Kotono> Another day. Each member of the group of new hires gets up, bathes, eats breakfast. A normal day. The walk to the office is without incident...'cept your office is a cluster of tents. It's clustered around a cave on the bank of a vast lake. Far away in the lake you can see an ethereal island, shimmering in the morning light. The Boss awaits, arms crossed as he looks the new hires over. Near him
[18:01] <Kotono> a dog is curled up under a tree, gnawing on a big, meaty bone. OOC: Go ahead and intro yourselves, all.
[18:01] * Xyoria is a small woman, often being mistaken for a young girl, though she has seen 25 winters. She has dark black hair, almost tinted blue in some areas, and green eyes.
[18:01] * Xyoria is visibly... twitchy.. and constantly has her hands hovering near one weapon or the other. Her previous 'employers' greatly valued her skills, though her tendency to change her mind and make field decisions based on her own personal goals left them with a loose cannon on their hands..
[18:01] * Xyoria was released from her previous 'contract' because of this and decided to use her skills in the adventuring market while searching for new contacts..
[18:04] * Cordelia works through a thorough routine of stretches and calisthenics before joining the group. She's thin, toned, and largely devoid of feminine charms, hair cropped to a colorless fuzz, gray eyes flat and coldly analytical. Her dress is plain, of the rudest workman's cloth.
[18:05] * Devon is a lithe young man, lightly armed with a spear, a crossbow, and a perpetual scowl. He's hired himself out to this company in the hopes of improving his magical repotoire. Well, that and honing his skills. One can never be too skilled at killing things and blowing stuff up.
[18:06] <Kotono> The Boss scowls a moment, "Where the hell is Merdith and Yvette?" he mutters, "First day and they're late. Have any of you seen those two?"
[18:06] * Xyoria shrugs.
[18:07] <Xyoria> "I'm sure they're either cleaning up after their most recent men, or sobering up next to them."
[18:07] <Cordelia> "I could hardly vouch for their presence or lack thereof knowing nothing of these individuals," Cordelia says with a shrug.
[18:07] * Devon snorts. "Fire their asses and give me their share of the loot."
[18:09] <Kotono> The Boss rubs his head, "Figures. Anyway, listen up!" Raising his voice, "Pay attention. Ahead of here is a recently found cave. We suspect it leads to the Illusory Isle out there," Jerking a thumb towards the island, "Your mission is to go in and clear the way to the Isle. According to legends and that drunk bard we hired as a consultant, there are six towers on the island, each one with
[18:09] <Kotono> treasure. Clear the tunnel out and we can relocate base camp to around the towers."
[18:10] <Devon> "Well, it's nice to know we have such reliable intelligence." Devon mutters under his breath.
[18:10] <Cordelia> "Understood," Cordelia says with a bow. "Did your...consultant...relate any garbled rumors about possible inhabitants or dangers within?"
[18:11] <Kotono> "We have reports of goblins and wolves," The Boss reports, "Thank all the Heavens it's only them. Had Kobolds last time..." Here the Boss shudders full body, "Only survivor of a full group?" Jerking his thumb over towards the dog, "Is Boney there. Still, keep your guard up."
[18:12] * Xyoria glances at the dog.
[18:12] <Cordelia> "They cannot have been notably competent if they were outlived by their dog," Cordelia concludes. "We will exercise proper precaution within, have no doubt."
[18:12] * Devon raises an eyebrow at the dog. "Must be a damn tough dog." Devon nods to the Boss. "Sure thing, Boss."
[18:12] <Xyoria> "... Can we take it?"
[18:12] <Kotono> It's an unremarkable dog gnawing on a bone. It looks happy.
[18:12] <Meredith> "Yahoo, darlings!" A voice calls out, coming from a young woman with long wavy black hair as she waves with what look to be blood covered gauntlets. The blood looks fresh, and doesn't give the nicest of impression, particularly given how the woman's armor resembles dragon scales with a dragon's eyes and snout as an emblem on her chest, and the almost scaly and tough look to her skin.
[18:12] <Meredith> "Sorry I'm late, I had a bit of an incident with a would-be thief! Tried to nick my money pouch, he did! Can you believe that? Why the nerve..."
[18:13] * Meredith shakes her head, having a sad look on her face.
[18:13] <Kotono> "Right." The boss jerks this thumb yet again, this time over at the cave entrance - little more than a sloped hole into the ground, "Get going and earn your keep."
[18:13] <Cordelia> "He was probably disciplined, I gather?" Cordelia says, eyeing the blood before turning to walk towards the cavern.
[18:13] * Devon shrugs and follows the ladies.
[18:14] * Xyoria wanders with the group, but sticks to the shadows, often fading into and out of them seemlessly..
[18:14] <Meredith> "...yes, darling. He was -very- disciplined," Meredith says after a short pause at Cordelia's question.
[18:16] <Cordelia> "Excellent." Cordelia keeps a sharp look out for any sort of trouble as they reach today's worksite.
[18:16] <Xyoria> "I'm sure it was kinky."
[18:16] * Xyoria comments from a deep shadow.
[18:16] <Meredith> "Anyway!" Meredith quickly says, diverting attention from her blood-covered gauntlets, even as she waves those arms, while gesturing at the Boss. "You're the boss, right? What is it I'm killing again?"
[18:16] <Kotono> "Fill her in, all of you. Get going," The Boss declares.

[18:16] <Kotono> Ahead is the cave entrance - a slightly sharp slope into the earth. IT's rather dark down there, notably.
[18:17] <Xyoria> "Meredith. Wolves, goblins, and six towers of treasure."
[18:18] * Cordelia lights a torch! This is generally the done thing in dark environments, after all.
[18:18] <Meredith> "So hello, all, it's a -pleasure- to meet you all," Meredith says as she walks slowly towards the cave entrance, taking the lead, walking backwards so she can face the others. "I'm...well, yes, I am Meredith! And you are?"
[18:19] <Kotono> Cordelia lights a torch! IT lets you see ahead. It looks like a muddy path down, water dripping inside. You'll have to go down to see any more.
[18:19] <Xyoria> "Xyoria Lauvia."
[18:19] <Devon> "Devon." The lithe mage replies shortly. He squints down the path, staying behind the light.
[18:19] * Xyoria nods to the scaled woman.
[18:19] <Cordelia> "Cordelia," the monk states flatly as she strolls down the path.
[18:20] <Kotono> OOC: Walking order?
[18:20] <Meredith> OOC: I'm at the lead.
[18:20] <Meredith> ooc: Let's have torch girl second
[18:20] <Devon> OOC: Uh, I know I'm right behind cordelia
[18:20] <Kotono> OOC: So Merdith, Cordelia, Devon, Xyoria?
[18:20] <Meredith> ooc: Meredith > Cordy > Dev > Xyo
[18:20] <Meredith> ooc: yes
[18:20] <Xyoria> OOC: Sure you want me in the back? I've got all the skills.
[18:21] * Devon unlimbers his crossbow and readies a bolt. Things will DIE today.
[18:21] <Meredith> ooc: you can say you want to lead if you want. I just took the lead for no other reason than to walk backwards for a bit.
[18:22] <Kotono> The slope down is rather sharp, folding into itself and turning downward. Nothing remotely manmade, paths taking you deeper and deeper. After five of those paths down you come out to the end, the path ahead. A vast limestone cavern is ahead of you. Stalagmites hug the floor and ceiling, a steady dripping of water from the ceiling. The air has a moldy scent to it, the air humid. The cavern
[18:22] <Kotono> continues ahead as far as you can see - about 50ft, until the mess of stalagmites obscures your vision, but it looks like it continues on.
[18:22] <Meredith> "Ah, well lovely to meet you all, as I said," Meredith says, as she turns around again, lest she trips over some rock, and that would be so embarrassing, having to kill all the witnesses after the lovely introductions.
[18:22] * Xyoria nocks an arrow and drops to the side a bit, trying to get a clear view ahead and watching for... the world trying to kill her.
[18:24] * Devon remains silent. Let the loud lizard be the first target the goblins go for. He scans the cavern, staying close to the light.
[18:24] <Xyoria> roll d20+7
[18:24] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+7 and gets 23." [d20=16]
[18:24] <Devon> roll 1d20+3 well
[18:24] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 well and gets 23." [1d20=20]
[18:25] <Xyoria> "Hold! There's something on one of the stalagmites."
[18:25] * Devon jerks his head forward. "There's a carving on one of the rocks up ahead. 'Bout thirty feet."
[18:25] <Cordelia> "Hm?" Cordelia freezes in her tracks, looking for the...whatever it is.
[18:26] * Meredith peers ahead, squinting her eyes as she tries to look around all the stalagmites. "I don't see anything!" she says, though she starts walking towards the stalagmites ahead. "30 feet, you say?"
[18:26] <Devon> "I've got good eyes." He grunts, staying behind the armored lizard.
[18:27] <Kotono> Approaching the stalagmite, it's not hard to see. It looks like some sort of writing is engraved into the base of the stalagmite...OOC: What languages can each of you read?
[18:27] <Cordelia> OOC: common/infernal
[18:27] <Meredith> ooc: just common. Human and int 11 means no extra languages~
[18:27] <Xyoria> OOC: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Halfling
[18:28] <Devon> OOC: Common and Elven here
[18:31] <Xyoria> "Hmm.. I can read them.. It's a warning: 'Territory of the wolf-fang clan! Intruders will be looted and vanquished!'"
[18:31] <Xyoria> "The goblins intend to keep this place.. If they've taken it as their home long enough to put warnings up this far out, they're dug in deep, most likely."
[18:32] <Devon> "...shouldn't that be the other way around?" Devon wonders, constantly his surroundings.
[18:32] <Meredith> "Or they're just little vermin afraid of being exterminated," Meredith says drily.
[18:32] <Cordelia> "Sobering knowledge, that we tread on the claimed ground of vermin," Cordelia says. "Shall we continue?"
[18:33] * Devon shrugs. "We want loot, don't we? Let's go."
[18:33] <Meredith> "Of course!" Meredith says, in agreement with Cordelia, as she moves around the stalagmite and keeps moving onward.
[18:34] * Xyoria raises an eyebrow at them.

[18:34] <Kotono> Onward! The sea of stalagmites thins out not far ahead. Ahead is a 20ft or so corridor, the sound of constant drip-drips heard from above. 30ft down it you can see it. A green skinned humanoid with a big nose sits on the ground, eating a dirty loaf of bread. A wolf sits besides him, tongue lolling out of its mouth.
[18:35] <Xyoria> "Aren't kobolds just vermin? Didn't they take an entire expedition out? Not that I'm saying the solution *isn't* to slaughter them all or anything."
[18:35] <Meredith> "Well obviously, they were pathetic losers, like that would-be thief from earlier," Meredith says matter of factly. "See there? We can prove it!"
[18:35] <Cordelia> "Clearly the last batch of employees were morons," Cordelia says to Xyoria. "No doubt ours will be a more lucrative partnership."
[18:36] <Meredith> "You there! We've come to kill you!" she shouts at the creature.
[18:36] <Meredith> "You may surrender of course, but know that we will still gut you like vermin if you do!" she adds cheerfully, her glaive out.
[18:36] * Xyoria smirks.
[18:36] * Devon opens his mouth, closes it. He sighs, aims at the wolf, and lets loose!
[18:36] <Xyoria> "You want me to translate that for you?"
[18:36] <Kotono> The creature looks up and picks up a morning star, "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" It screams at the top of his lungs, echoing as the wolf rises and growls! OOC: Congratulations, you got their attention. Init here.
[18:37] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+1
[18:37] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+1 and gets 11." [1d20=10]
[18:37] <Devon> roll 1d20+6
[18:37] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+6 and gets 12." [1d20=6]
[18:37] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[18:37] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3  and gets 9." [d20=6]
[18:37] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2 wolf
[18:37] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 wolf and gets 6." [1d20=4]
[18:37] <Meredith> "No need! Everyone understands a death threat, darling!" Meredith says just as cheerfully.
[18:37] <Meredith> "It's universal!"
[18:37] <Meredith> roll d20+3
[18:37] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3 and gets 8." [d20=5]
[18:37] <Kotono> OOC: 9 for the goblin.
[18:38] * Kotono changes topic to 'Devon(12)>Cordelia(11)>Xyoria=Goblin(9)>Meredith(8)>Wolf(6)'

[18:38] <Kotono> OOC: Go Devon.
[18:38] * Devon lets loose a bolt at the wolf, hoping to drop it in its tracks!
[18:38] <Devon> roll 1d20+3
[18:38] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3  and gets 7." [1d20=4]
[18:39] <Kotono> The crossbow bolt flies over the head of the wolf and down the corridor with a woosh, missing! OOC: Cordy, go.
[18:39] * Cordelia rushes forward to slam one open palm into the goblin's face before it can react!
[18:40] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3
[18:40] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3 and gets 16." [1d20=13]
[18:40] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[18:40] <Cordelia> roll 1d6+2
[18:40] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d6+2 and gets 8." [1d6=6]
[18:40] <Kotono> WHAM! The Goblin goes down in a bloody spray, scream cut off by immediate DEATH! It crumples, face resembling a sinkhole! OOC: Ow. Xyoria, go.
[18:40] * Kotono changes topic to 'Devon(12)>Cordelia(11)>Xyoria(9)>Meredith(8)>Wolf(6)'
[18:41] * Xyoria releases an arrow at the wolf..
[18:41] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[18:41] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 8." [d20=5]
[18:41] <Kotono> Like the crossbow bolt a moment ago, this arrow flies wide and above the snarling wolf! OOC: Ow on that luck. Go Meredith.
[18:43] * Meredith moves towards the wolf with a predatory smile, and swings her glaive at the creature's side as soon as she's within reach!
[18:44] <Meredith> roll d20+3
[18:44] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3 and gets 7." [d20=4]
[18:44] <Kotono> But Meredith swings in error, missing the wolf as it darts at her and takes a CHOMP out of her armored and leathery hide!
[18:44] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3 bite
[18:44] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 bite and gets 13." [1d20=10]
[18:44] <Kotono> OOC: AC?
[18:44] <Meredith> ooc: miss
[18:44] <Kotono> But the bite only gets iron, chewing on it in vain! OOC: Devon, go.
[18:44] <Meredith> "No biting, fido!" she warns the beast.
[18:45] * Devon fires another bolt at the beast!
[18:45] <Devon> roll 1d20+3 die, please?
[18:45] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 die, please? and gets 13." [1d20=10]
[18:45] <Kotono> Another crossbow bolt...and a narrow miss, just whizzing past the flattened ear of the hound! OOC: Ow. Cordy.
[18:46] * Cordelia circles to put the presumptuous canine between her and Meredith, then pummel it into oblivion after its master!
[18:46] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3+2 flankage
[18:46] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3+2 flankage and gets 23." [1d20=18]
[18:47] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[18:47] <Cordelia> roll 1d6+2
[18:47] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d6+2 and gets 6." [1d6=4]
[18:47] <Kotono> The wolf gets a vicious smack in the back, bones cracking but the beast still up! It howls loud enough to echo, followed by a pathetic whimper! OOC: Ow. Xyoria, go.
[18:48] * Xyoria draws and fires again!
[18:48] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[18:48] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 17." [d20=14]
[18:48] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[18:48] <Xyoria> roll d6
[18:49] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d6 and gets 5." [d6=5]
[18:49] <Kotono> The wolf gets na arrow in the shoulder, bloodied further and looking bad, slobbering up blood! OOC: Owwies. Meredith.
[18:49] * Meredith swings her glaive again, trying to bury her blade into the injured wolf. No mercy!
[18:50] <Meredith> roll d20+3
[18:50] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3 and gets 13." [d20=10]
[18:50] <Meredith> ooc: alas~
[18:50] <Kotono> But she can't quite manage a finishing blow! The wolf staggers about, taking a weak bite at Cordelia!
[18:50] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3 AC?
[18:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 AC? and gets 11." [1d20=8]
[18:50] <Cordelia> OOC: 13
[18:51] <Kotono> But the bite is nimbly evaded, the monk sidestepping the animal wrath! OOC: Devon, go.
[18:51] * Devon tries one more, for the sake of actually DOING something, to put a bolt in the wolf.
[18:51] <Devon> roll 1d20+3
[18:51] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3  and gets 6." [1d20=3]
[18:52] <Kotono> But the bolt is completely errant, as if all of Devon's combat ability suddenly shriveled up like a raisin in the sun! OOC: Bummer again. Cordy
[18:52] <Kotono> .
[18:52] <Cordelia> "Hmph," Cordelia snorts, less impressed by her comrades as the seconds pass. She'll just have to finish the beast herself, right?
[18:52] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3+2
[18:52] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3+2 and gets 20." [1d20=15]
[18:52] <Kotono> OOC: HIt.
[18:52] <Cordelia> roll 1d6+2
[18:52] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d6+2 and gets 7." [1d6=5]
[18:53] <Kotono> With a wet CRACK the wolf goes down, spine shattered like Tyr's own spine a mere week ago! It lies there, as dead as its companion! OOC: Free act.
[18:54] <Meredith> "Oh, lovely, you've killed them both. Do you want the goblin or the wolf stuffed and turned into a trophy, darling?" Meredith asks, as she presses her glaive into the wolf's neck, her foot resting on the blade, ready to push down if the other woman requests the wolf.
[18:54] * Xyoria checks around the room for other enterances, thinking the Goblin's scream might have triggered an ambush response...
[18:54] <Meredith> "It's no trouble at all, in case you wondered, it is a hobby of mine, and you really did do all the work there!"
[18:55] <Kotono> No other entrances. Ahead you see it goes about 120ft, before the ground slopes down again and out of sight.
[18:55] <Cordelia> "Perhaps later," Cordelia says. "We'd best press on before any other intrepid defenders become alert to our presence."
[18:55] <Meredith> ooc: not glaive, scythe. Wrong pointy weapon on a stick!
[18:55] * Devon wait silently, pissed that he didn't hit that damn wolf *once*. He follows the ladies once more.
[18:55] <Meredith> "If you insist, I suppose. If rats get to the wolf before we're back, you will simply have to settle for the vermin-shaped trophy though," Meredith says with a sigh as she pulls away her scythe and follows along.

[18:55] <Kotono> As the party advances on...OOC: Listen checks, all.
[18:56] <Xyoria> roll d20+6
[18:56] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+6 and gets 9." [d20=3]
[18:56] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+5 ears
[18:56] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+5 ears and gets 15." [1d20=10]
[18:56] <Meredith> roll d20+0
[18:56] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+0 and gets 6." [d20=6]
[18:57] <Devon> roll 1d20+3
[18:57] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 and gets 23." [1d20=20]
[18:58] <Kotono> As the party advances to 60ft to the slope down...Devon can hear the soft squish-thump of movement ahead, as if something's moving through the muddy ground fromb elow.
[18:58] * Devon frowns. "What the hell is that?"
[18:58] <Cordelia> "What is it?" Cordelia asks, cocking an ear to listen.
[18:58] <Devon> "It sounds like something...squishy."
[18:59] <Devon> "Movement."
[19:00] <Meredith> "It's the next corpse, obviously," Meredith says. "Shall we go kill it?"
[19:00] * Cordelia pauses, waits, watches and listens for signs of this unidentified squishy object.
[19:00] <Kotono> As the party is alerted, it is just in time! Coming up from the slope you see it - a large wolf, with a goblin riding bareback on it! It has a wooden lance readied, screaming as it sees you and the wolf charges ahead! OOC: Saved yourselves a bad combat situation. Init.
[19:00] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+1
[19:00] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+1 and gets 17." [1d20=16]
[19:00] <Meredith> roll d20+3
[19:00] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 goblin lancer
[19:00] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 goblin lancer and gets 24." [1d20=20]
[19:00] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3 and gets 20." [d20=17]
[19:00] <Devon> roll 1d20+6
[19:00] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+6 and gets 11." [1d20=5]
[19:00] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[19:00] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 7." [d20=4]
[19:00] * Kotono changes topic to 'Goblin Lancer(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(17)>Devon(11)>Xyoria(7)'

[19:01] <Meredith> "...it's riding that wolf! How cute!" the knight squeals, clapping her hands together, incidently getting a good two-handed grip on her weapon as she does so.
[19:01] <Meredith> "I didn't know they could do that!"
[19:02] <Devon> "Oh merciful gods." Devon mutters under his breath. "Why can't she kill first and talk later?"
[19:02] <Kotono> The goblin lancer is fast - too fast! It closes the distance in seconds, 10ft away from Meredith when it stops, lance thrusting out at the en dof a brave charge, to rip Meredith apart!
[19:02] <Kotono> roll 1d20+6 (+2 charge) flatfooted AC, Meredith?
[19:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+6 (+2 charge) flatfooted AC, Meredith? and gets 20." [1d20=14]
[19:03] <Meredith> ooc: less than that
[19:03] <Kotono> roll 2d6+4
[19:03] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+4 and gets 11." [2d6=5, 2]
[19:05] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith 4/15 Xyoria 8/8 | Goblin Lancer(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(17)>Devon(11)>Xyoria(7)'
[19:05] <Kotono> Meredith gets a charging lance right in the gut! It's not nearly as much fun as most phallic objects could be, instead impaling her but good! Now her insides are trying to become outsides with alarming alacrity! OOC: In other words, OW. Meredith, go.
[19:06] <Meredith> "That actually hurt! You have to understand, I no longer care about how adorable you are like that, you will perish at my hands, and suffer eternally in the darkest pits of hell!" the knight challenges with a glare, as if she was not bleeding heavily.
[19:06] * Meredith swings her glaive right for the goblin's neck!
[19:06] <Meredith> ooc: Scythe!
[19:06] <Meredith> ooc: that's going to keep happening, I just know it
[19:06] <Meredith> roll d20+3+1+2 (knight's challenge+devil's favor)
[19:06] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3+1+2 (knight's challenge+devil's favor) and gets 16." [d20=10]
[19:07] <Kotono> OOC: That be a hit.
[19:07] <Meredith> roll 2d4+4
[19:07] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls 2d4+4 and gets 9." [2d4=4, 1]
[19:07] <Kotono> The goblin is neatly decapitated, leaving but a startled adn snarling wolf to snap at the party! OOC: Ow. Cordy.
[19:07] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith 4/15 Xyoria 8/8 | Mountless Wolf(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(17)>Devon(11)>Xyoria(7)'
[19:08] <Meredith> "I did warn you," the woman says flatly, before sniffing.
[19:08] * Cordelia leaps forward to put the masterless beast down!
[19:08] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3
[19:08] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3 and gets 15." [1d20=12]
[19:08] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[19:08] <Cordelia> roll 1d6+2
[19:08] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d6+2 and gets 7." [1d6=5]
[19:09] <Kotono> WHAM! The wolf gets smacked in the face and then judo-chopped upside the head, staggering the poor, riderless beast! OOC: Ow.Devon.
[19:11] * Devon dares not try to fire his crossbow again, seeing as he has particularly bad aim today. Instead, with deep inhale, he spits a wave of burning acid at the wolf!
[19:11] <Devon> roll 1d3+3 Acid splash~
[19:11] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d3+3 Acid splash~ and gets 4." [1d3=1]
[19:12] <Kotono> OOC: Requires a ranged touch attack.
[19:12] <Devon> roll 1d20+2 RTA
[19:12] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+2 RTA and gets 15." [1d20=13]
[19:13] <Kotono> OOC: Hit. 4 damage.
[19:13] <Kotono> Acid splashes the wolf further, staggering it as its eyes are burnt as well as its muzzle! OOC: Ow. Xyoria, go.
[19:15] * Xyoria fires another arrow, hoping this one lands solidly..
[19:15] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 22." [d20=19]
[19:15] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[19:15] <Xyoria> roll d6
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d6 and gets 2." [d6=2]
[19:15] <Kotono> OOC: Xyoria, for the record, roll hide/move silently checks real quick so I can reference those in the future.
[19:16] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith 4/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H: MS:)| Mountless Wolf(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(17)>Devon(11)>Xyoria(7)'
[19:16] <Kotono> Another arrow gets the wolf, causing it to shudder and collapse, a second edition of the party's greatest hits: wolf and goblin murders achieved! OOC: Free act. Xyoria, make those checks real quick?
[19:17] <Xyoria> roll d20+7 (hide)
[19:17] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+7 (hide) and gets 12." [d20=5]
[19:17] <Xyoria> roll d20+7 (move silently)
[19:17] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+7 (move silently) and gets 25." [d20=18]
[19:17] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith 4/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Mountless Wolf(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(17)>Devon(11)>Xyoria(7)'
[19:18] <Cordelia> "The beasts of burden are notably tougher than their masters," Cordelia observes, before turning (probably coincidentally) to Meredith. "You are able to continue, I hope?"
[19:20] <Devon> "These damn wolves are ridiculously tough." Devon pauses. "Maybe I can get one. There have to be breeding pens around here somewhere..."
[19:20] <Cordelia> "No doubt there are kennels full of vicious wolf pups for Meredith to ooh and ahh over."
[19:21] <Xyoria> "Wonder if that dog the boss had could take one of these..."
[19:21] <Meredith> "Well, while it -is- just a flesh wound, the fact is, it is a rather -deep- one," Meredith says calmly. "As such, unless any of you are capable masters of the healing arts, I believe I will turn back, get some professional healing, and then return," Meredith says. She pauses at Cordelia's word. "If you do continue on and find such wolf pups, do keep one alive for me?"
[19:21] <Meredith> "I'm sure you won't while I step away momentarily, of course, but you know, just in case!"
[19:22] <Cordelia> "I make no promises should they turn their fangs towards me," Cordelia says. "However, there is little value in massacring that which poses no threat to us."
[19:22] <Devon> "Dibs on the biggest one." Devon says shortly. "All right then, torch lady. Let me go first and let's continue on."
[19:22] <Meredith> "Well, I suppose that will have to do," Meredith says with a sigh as she departs back.
[19:22] <Kotono> OOC: #Evildunes, Meredith. Go ahead adn do what you're going to do next, the rest of you.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

#evildunes (Meredith)

[19:23] <Kotono> Meredith limps out, her wounded belly a constant ache! As she emerges back into the sunshine, the Boss turns to her, "Got your stomach cut up, eh?" he says, shaking hi shead, "Tend over there, go talk to Miranda."
[19:24] <Meredith> "You should have seen the other guy!" Meredith fires back. Pausing she adds, "Actually, I did decapitate him rather cleanly! I can pick up his head next time I come out, and give it to you! Even mount it as a trophy if you'd like!"
[19:24] * Meredith waits for the boss's answer, not minding the fact that she's dripping blood on different armor than her gauntlets now.
[19:25] <Kotono> The Boss gives Meredith a long look, "Get your ASS over to Miranda before I have to drag you over there!" he points, "Get!"
[19:27] <Meredith> "Ugh, fine!" she says as she throws her hands up in the air, rolling her eyes as she stomps over to where the healer is. "You know, nobody seems to appreciate my talents at digging inside dead creature's guts, messing around with the meat and other body parts and creating eternal masterpieces!"
[19:28] <Meredith> "Bleeding gut, boss wants me healed, need to go get gut punctured again defending the others," she says flatly as soon as she's in front of Miranda.
[19:29] <Kotono> Miranda turns. She is - oh! Her eyes widen and grow full of light and sparkles, "Oh! OH! OH!" In an instant she's supporting Meredith's side, "You need to lie down right away so I can help you!"
[19:32] * Meredith looks around to see what looks like the most comfortable place to sit.
[19:33] <Kotono> There's a cot - it has a few bloodstains, but it looks comfortable. Miranda's even leading you to it.
[19:34] * Meredith gets on it, but does not actually lie down, choosing to merely sit. "Do I need to take off my armor, or can you heal just fine with it in place?" she asks.
[19:34] <Kotono> "Oh!" Demurely blushing and looking down, "Please take off your armor," she says.
[19:37] * Meredith nods, first taking off her backpack and dropping it on the ground without care. Following after that are her gauntlets, weapon strap and weapon, and finally the armor around her chest, leaving Meredith clad in only her leg armor and a white shirt with a thick bloody spot marking where the wound is. "The shirt too?" she asks as she flicks her long her back behind her neck.
[19:38] <Kotono> "Oh, yes, please!" Blushing more and looking down, "Just hurry so I can heal you!"
[19:41] * Meredith nods again, drawing it over her head, actually wincing briefly as she first starts pulling it off and her wound starts to bleed slightly again as apparently the shirt was helping to keep it clotting near the wound or something. With a short twirl of the bloodied shirt, she flicks the bloody thing so it smacks against one of the healer's leg (it'd probably be just a little -too- rude to flick it at her face, right?).
[19:41] <Meredith> "Well then...heal away," the devil-tainted warrior says as she extends her arms outward, palms facing towards the nurse, along with her breasts, some of her hair once more dangling around the front from when she pulled the shirt over her head.
[19:42] <Kotono> Her hands go to the wound, blood staining them. A moment later warmth fills Meredith's belly! (More)
[19:42] <Kotono> roll 3d8+5
[19:42] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 3d8+5 and gets 27." [3d8=7, 8, 7]
[19:43] <Kotono> Meredith is healed! Miranda brings up one bloodied finger to her mouth and licks, befor eeeping. "Oh, I got some of your blood in me. That means..." With a gleam in her eye as she look sto Meredith, "Can I call you sister?"
[19:46] * Meredith raises an eyebrow. "Do whatever you like, darling," Meredith says, as she swings her feet and jumps off the cot, landing back on her feet. "Now, I don't suppose you have a spare shirt I can put under my armor? It does get a little uncomfortable if there's nothing between it and myself."
[19:47] <Kotono> "Oh well...Sister," Scuffing her foot at the ground, "Maybe we can...take an early lunch break and I can show you something instead?" With a big smile and eyes full of light, "Something...special."
[19:49] <Meredith> "I am on the clock, darling. You will simply have to wait for me to finish wiping out all the vermin from that cave and then we can have a few glasses of wine or whatever else you'd like," Meredith says flatly. "Now, I demand a shirt, or I will have simply have to retract my allowance of your being my...sister was it?"
[19:49] <Kotono> OOC: Do you have ranks in intimidatE?
[19:49] <Meredith> ooc: Oh plenty.
[19:49] <Meredith> roll d20+8 intimidating the poor nurse, I guess?
[19:49] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+8 intimidating the poor nurse, I guess? and gets 22." [d20=14]
[19:50] <Kotono> roll 1d20+5
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[19:50] <Kotono> Abruptly Miranda whimpers and looks down, "O-okay!" Shuffling off in a stumbling hurry, Miranda goes to a chest and brings back Meredith a plain white shirt.
[19:52] <Meredith> "Good girl," Meredith says as she grabs the shirt and puts it on, then her armor. Leaning towards the healer, she gives her a quick peck on the cheek and then pinches the other. "You -are- precious, darling. You may most certainly call me sister, after all! We'll do dinner after work then. Ta-ta~!"
[19:52] * Meredith does not wait for a response as she then grabs her scythe and moves back towards the cave entrance.
[19:52] <Kotono> OOC: I'll integrate you into #dunes shortly.

Merc

#dunes (party minus Meredith)

[19:22] * Devon takes the lead until the knight comes back, continuing on!
[19:22] <Xyoria> "Please do.. I'll continue as I was.."
[19:22] <Cordelia> "You are very welcome to do so, should you insist," Cordelia says, letting Devon lead as they continue.
[19:23] <Kotono> OOC: Marching order?
[19:24] <Cordelia> OOC: D -> C -> X
[19:24] <Kotono> Devon leads the party to the slope. You can see wolftracks in the muddy slope, going down about 40ft or so.  The tracks continue to the bottom and out of sight. There's also light coming from the bottom - a ruddy, fiery glow.
[19:25] * Devon makes a silencing motion and points to the light, making a dousing motion.
[19:25] <Xyoria> "Want me to scout down there?"
[19:26] * Cordelia nods. "Yes. LEt us see what stealth may accomplish, without Meredith's armor anncouncing our presence afore us?"
[19:26] * Devon nods. Talking will be the death of them. He steps aside and gestures Xyoria ahead.
[19:27] <Kotono> roll 4#1d20+2-8
[19:27] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 4#1d20+2-8 and gets 8." [4#1d20+2-8 = 5, -5, -2, 10]
[19:27] * Xyoria silently steps forward, sticking to the shadows as much as possible on the way day, and aims to stop beside the door.
[19:28] <Kotono> Xyoria creeps down! At the bottom is a muddy hall, more water dripping. Torches hang on the wall here, covered by  metal ensconsces that keep the water away. The hall is long, with 80ft ahead beinb a barracade of sandbags. Currently 6 goblins with longbows stand in readiment there, arrows knocked and ready! No immediate reaction, like if they'd spotted Xyoria, though.
[19:30] * Xyoria takes a moment to pause and listen, hoping to catch any sound a hidden wolf may give off. Or a hidden anything for that matter..
[19:30] <Kotono> OOC: Listen check.
[19:30] <Xyoria> roll dwo+6
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls dwo+6 and gets Error: Number of sides must be integer greater than 0."
[19:30] <Xyoria> roll d20+6
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+6 and gets 21." [d20=15]
[19:31] <Kotono> You can hear the murmur of conversation from the goblins ahead, but nothing else. Just the quiet drip-drip of the caverns.
[19:31] * Xyoria decides she's been away from back up for long enough and tries to silently head back to her 'partners.'
[19:32] <Kotono> Xyoria returns without incident - no sign of anyone noticing her or pursuit.
[19:32] * Cordelia waits in patience and silence, both things she is quite good at!
[19:32] * Devon also waits.
[19:32] * Xyoria waves them close and speaks quietly, hoping to keep the element of surprise for the upcomming fight..
[19:34] <Xyoria> "Alright.. They've set up a barricade of sandbags. There's six goblins, all with long bows. I didn't see any wolves, or anything else, but that doesn't mean they're not there. They're set up at the end of a long hallway, and they have arrows knocked, so they're expecting us."
[19:35] <Cordelia> "Hm," Cordelia murmurs, considering the situation. "No sign of alternate entrances to this corridor, I suppose? No cover between us and them, should we approach?"
[19:38] <Xyoria> "No. They set up at the end of the hall. Only cover is theirs."
[19:39] * Devon frowns.
[19:39] <Devon> "I have one spell with the range required to take them down. Only...it may not kill them in one shot."
[19:40] <Cordelia> "Numbers are presently their distinct advantage. I think it best we wait until Meredith's return and we are once again at our full complement. We stand a better chance of success assaulting them en masse, after all."

[19:44] <Kotono> OOC: Going to wait 'till Meredith returns then?
[19:44] <Cordelia> OOC: that is my preference!

[19:45] <Kotono> OOC: Listen checks, all of you.
[19:45] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+5
[19:45] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+5 and gets 18." [1d20=13]
[19:45] <Devon> roll 1d20+3
[19:45] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 and gets 19." [1d20=16]
[19:45] <Xyoria> roll d20+6
[19:45] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+6 and gets 16." [d20=10]
[19:48] <Kotono> After several minutes, the trio can hear a squishing mud soudn coming from the slope down.
[19:48] * Xyoria spins, draws back her arrow, and aims towards the sound, but holds until she can confirm her target..
[19:49] * Cordelia is expecting Meredith to come down that slope, but still, it doesn't pay to be taken off-guard! She's ready for hostiles if more should come their way.
[19:49] <Kotono> Xyoria can see it! A goblin head juuust peeking over the edge of the slope! OOC: Take the shot if you want, Xyoria.
[19:50] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[19:50] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 6." [d20=3]
[19:51] <Kotono> The arrow whizzes of the head of the goblin, missing it! "AAAAAAAH!" it calls, as...OOC: Init.
[19:51] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 goblin screamer
[19:51] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 goblin screamer and gets 11." [1d20=10]
[19:51] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+1
[19:51] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+1 and gets 13." [1d20=12]
[19:51] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[19:51] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 8." [d20=5]
[19:51] <Kotono> OOC: Since Zeph got nabbed, someone roll init for Devon real quick?
[19:51] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+6 Devon
[19:51] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+6 Devon and gets 16." [1d20=10]

[19:52] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith 15/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(16)>Cordelia(13)>Goblin Screamer(11)>Xyoria(8)'
[19:52] <Kotono> OOC: Devon'll hold a moment, so go Cordelia.
[19:52] * Cordelia races upslope to crush the creature's windpipe and put an end to its bleating!
[19:52] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3
[19:52] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3 and gets 8." [1d20=5]
[19:53] <Kotono> But Cordelia slips in the mud, sliding on a knee instead of making a kick! All it does is stain her clothes! OOC: You guys want to wait on Zeph or have someone AI him for a turn?
[19:57] * Devon quickly fires a bolt from his crossbow, hoping to silence the squealer!
[19:57] <Devon> roll 1d20+3 please god
[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 please god and gets 23." [1d20=20]
[19:57] <Kotono> OOC: Crit threat. Roll again.
[19:58] <Devon> 1d20+3 please god again
[19:58] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 please god again and gets 23." [1d20=20]
[19:58] <Kotono> OOC: Crit. Kersplatter, most likely.
[19:58] <Meredith> ooc: crit double threat. Roll again.
[19:58] <Meredith> ooc: =p
[19:58] <Devon> roll 1d20+3 please god again, again
[19:58] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3 please god again, again and gets 4." [1d20=1]
[19:58] <Meredith> ooc: ha
[20:00] <Kotono> OOC: Damage already.
[20:00] <Devon> OOC: sec, sorry
[20:01] <Devon> OOC: i rarely get crits. Is that 3d3+1 damage? or three separate damage rolls?
[20:02] <Kotono> OOC: One combined roll.
[20:02] <Devon> roll 3d3+1 damage
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 3d3+1 damage and gets 7." [3d3=1, 3, 2]
[20:02] <Kotono> With a single well aimed bolt, the gobling ets an eyeful of crossbow bolt! It's dead a moment after it screams, pierced! OOC: Free act.
[20:04] <Cordelia> "Excellent work," Cordelia comments. "Perhaps we had best relocate upslope to await Meredith in someplace less likely to leave us at risk of a pincer attack."
[20:04] * Devon grunts in satisfaction at the good shot, nodding in agreement to Cordy's suggestion. "Fine."

Merc

#dunes (all party)

[20:04] * Meredith shows up at this point, not noticing the looks of people prepared for battle or the goblin corpse. "Darlings! I have returned!" she exclaims in greeting as soon as she sees them, waving as she approaches.
[20:05] <Devon> "...or not."
[20:06] <Meredith> "Did you have any excitement while I was gone? I had the healer staring at my bare chest! I think she likes me!" she says, not waiting for any reply as she gets even closer, though she does go back to her normal level of sound once she's close enough.
[20:06] * Devon raises an eyebrow at that, then directs Meredith's attention to the corpse. "Enemies ahead. May have been alerted by screamer."
[20:06] <Cordelia> "Good, good," Cordelia says on concluding that Meredith is adequately battle-ready once again. "We have half a dozen goblin archers standing between us and progress. I trust you are ready and eager to lead us into battle once more?"
[20:09] <Meredith> "Oh, you want me to lead? How wonderful! And here I thought you were the leader since you had accrued the most kills!" the knight says with a shocked yet pleased look on her face.
[20:09] <Devon> "You have better armor." Devon points out. "Most likely, she just wants to be behind someone else when the shooting starts."
[20:09] * Devon shrugs and readies a bolt.
[20:09] <Kotono> OOC: Marching order and plan on going down the slope then?
[20:10] <Cordelia> "Lead as in walk in front and absorb arrows meant for those of us less thoroughly ensconced in metal. I am perfectly satisfied to continue making decisions."
[20:10] * Xyoria eyes Meredith.
[20:10] * Xyoria eyes Cordelia.
[20:10] <Meredith> "Oh, well that's fine as well, I suppose," she says, frowning this time, before shrugging. "How far ahead are the little vermin anyway? Can we reach them in a charge?"
[20:10] <Xyoria> "Maybe she just likes the view? You, the healer, and Cordelia can celebrate success together after-hours?"
[20:11] <Devon> "It's around eighty feet ahead, or so the sneaky one says. I have a spell that might be able to distract them...but not for long."
[20:12] <Cordelia> "I have no idea what you're talking about," Cordelia dismisses Xyoria."
[20:12] <Meredith> "You're a spellcaster, can't you just set them on fire?"
[20:12] <Meredith> "Or are goblins not flameable? I can never remember, honestly."
[20:13] * Devon shrugs. "Haven't learned any fire spells yet. Would if I could."
[20:13] <Cordelia> "Drop your spell as Meredith and I dash forward? I am of relatively little use at range. They should break with the two of us amongst them, already rattled by magic as they should be."
[20:14] <Meredith> "That sounds alright, I suppose. Let's try that, then," Meredith says, ready to dash forward on command.
[20:14] * Devon nods. "I can do that. Beware, though. It has a small area of damage. I might not get all of them."
[20:15] <Meredith> "Get who you can, and we'll deal with the rest," the knight says with a small shrug.
[20:15] <Cordelia> "Anything that reduces their numbers contributes to our ultimate success," Cordelia says. "I am prepared. Let us proceed."
[20:15] * Devon reaches into a pouch on his belt, drawing out a glittering chip of jade. He holds it up in the torchlight, watching it glitter. "GO!" He commands the warriors!
[20:15] * Xyoria nods.
[20:16] <Kotono> Thus the party procees down, racing down the slope! As they reach dow nthe goblins are ready, arrows ready to fire! OOC: Init. Good luck!
[20:17] <Meredith> "We bring death and presents! And the presents are steel and magic!" Meredith calls out with a laugh as she starts racing down the slope, spinning her scythe over her head as she does so.

[20:17] <Devon> roll 1d20+6 please god let me go first!
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+6 please god let me go first! and gets 24." [1d20=18]
[20:17] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+1
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+1 and gets 15." [1d20=14]
[20:17] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2 archers
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 archers and gets 11." [1d20=9]
[20:17] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 14." [d20=11]
[20:17] <Meredith> roll d20+3
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3 and gets 20." [d20=17]

[20:18] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith 15/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11)'
[20:18] <Kotono> OOC: Go Devon.
[20:18] * Devon blows gently on the jade, watching it fade into the darkness as they run, and a hail of jade slams into the barricade down the hallway!
[20:19] <Kotono> As the party races down, they can notice goblins - more of them! 10 archers are now at the ready, the numbers having swelled as they wait!
[20:19] <Devon> roll 1d4+3 damage
[20:19] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d4+3 damage and gets 4." [1d4=1]
[20:19] <Kotono> A hail of stones crashes into the cente rof the goblin lines, battering them! But the archers are up - bloodied but not dead, three of them caught in the stone storm! OOC: Ow. Meredith, go.
[20:21] * Meredith runs right into the group of injured archers, stopping only once she's almost right on top of them, her glaive hanging over her head, steel looming over three goblins' heads. "Hi!" she says.
[20:22] <Kotono> OOC: Can you actually clear 80ft?
[20:22] <Meredith> ooc: Run action, yes
[20:22] <Kotono> OOC: Okay. How close to them?
[20:22] <Meredith> ooc: Lose dex to AC, but worth it, I think
[20:22] <Meredith> ooc: right in front of them. I can AoO if they try to shoot me
[20:22] <Meredith> ooc: well, one of them anyway.
[20:22] <Kotono> Meredith looms over the archers, menacing them massively with her scythe! OOC: Cordy.
[20:23] * Cordelia races after Meredith, getting as close as she can to the enemy line but not, you know, making herself the most immediate target! (OOC: normal double movement, I need all the AC I can get, thanks.)
[20:24] <Kotono> OOC: How much, precisely? 60ft?
[20:24] <Cordelia> OOC: yep
[20:24] <Kotono> OOC: Xyoria, go.
[20:26] * Xyoria darts after the two insane ones, coming to a halt as she gets into range with her bow and draws back, taking aim at one of the archers!
[20:26] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[20:26] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 9." [d20=6]
[20:27] <Kotono> Xyoria positions and shoots...but hits the sandbags! Her arrow is stopped, shot ruined! At this the archers react...and scream! Arrows aplenty come at the daring Meredith that charged them all! OOC: AoO on one, Meredith.
[20:28] * Meredith swings away at the one to the left of her, swinging her glaive such that the blood will splatter on the other two if she decapitates it in one strike.
[20:28] <Meredith> roll d20+3+2 (devil's favor the second)
[20:28] * Hatbot --> "Meredith rolls d20+3+2 (devil's favor the second) and gets 12." [d20=7]
[20:28] <Kotono> But the swing is errant, as ten arrows try and meet Meredith all up close and personal!
[20:28] <Meredith> ooc: boo
[20:29] <Kotono> roll 10#1d20+3 AC? unfortunately, goblins are int 10. They're as smart as the average human, and know to focus fire. Good luck.
[20:29] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 10#1d20+3 AC? unfortunately, goblins are int 10. They're as smart as the average human, and know to focus fire. Good luck. and gets 177." [10#1d20+3 = 15, 18, 22, 16, 18, 22, 13, 21, 20, 12]
[20:29] <Meredith> ooc: 15 right now
[20:29] <Kotono> roll 8d6 no, this wasn't your best gambit ever. To be fair they rolled really well.
[20:29] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 8d6 no, this wasn't your best gambit ever. To be fair they rolled really well. and gets 28." [8d6=3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1, 3]
[20:30] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Meredith(20)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11)'
[20:30] <Meredith> ooc: dead!
[20:31] <Kotono> Meredith is riddled with arrows all over! She falls back, already dead before she hits the ground! Her body lies there a moment before a little devil-horned Meredith rises out, promptly diving into the ground and leaving a whiff of brimstone in her wake! OOC: Ow. Devon.
[20:31] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11)'
[20:32] * Devon deftly pulls out another jade chip and calls down another rain of stone. No time to be stiny with expensive materials!
[20:33] <Devon> roll 1d4+3 damage
[20:33] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d4+3 damage and gets 5." [1d4=2]
[20:33] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 7)'
[20:33] <Kotono> OOC: 7 left.
[20:33] <Kotono> The rain of stone pounds down, three already wounded archers beaten up into a bloody pulp, dead as Meredith! OOC: Ow. Cordy.
[20:35] <Cordelia> Turning around now would only paint a target on her back. With little other choice, Cordelia leaps the enemy barricade to place herself amidst the goblin swarm, lashing out at the nearest foe with the most fearsome blow she can manage!
[20:35] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3 Stunning Fist being used (fort DC 11 if this hits)
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3 Stunning Fist being used (fort DC 11 if this hits) and gets 6." [1d20=3]
[20:36] <Kotono> Cordelia rushes in and slams out, a powerful, stunning blow...but misses entirely, somehow! OOC: Xyoria, go.
[20:36] * Xyoria sends an arrow down range, hoping to give Cordelia some help!
[20:36] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[20:36] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 17." [d20=14]
[20:36] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[20:36] <Xyoria> roll d6
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d6 and gets 6." [d6=6]
[20:37] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 9/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 6)'
[20:37] <Kotono> Another goblin eats na arrow, going down with a little whimper! At this the goblins turn to Cordelia, arrows flying like death and taxes, and mostly death! OOC: You can AoO one, Cordy.
[20:37] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+3 and I shall!
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+3 and I shall! and gets 7." [1d20=4]
[20:38] * Meredith is now known as Merc
[20:38] <Kotono> roll 6#1d20+3 AC?
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 6#1d20+3 AC? and gets 66." [6#1d20+3 = 4, 11, 9, 16, 8, 18]
[20:38] <Cordelia> OOC: 13
[20:38] <Kotono> roll 2d6 got away with one
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 got away with one and gets 6." [2d6=1, 5]
[20:38] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 3/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 6)'
[20:39] <Kotono> Cordelia gets a pair of arrows in the stomach, but she's still up! The pain is there, but so is her live...for now! OOC: Devon.
[20:39] * Devon fires a bolt from his crossbow, trying desperately to take down one!
[20:39] <Devon> roll 1d20+3 
[20:39] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d20+3  and gets 7." [1d20=4]
[20:40] <Kotono> The bolt flies...false! False and wrong, missing and hitting the wall! OOC: Ow. Cordy.
[20:41] * Cordelia whips around in a whirl of fists and feet, putting all her strength into what may be her last stand!
[20:41] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+1 flurry mk 1
[20:41] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+1 flurry mk 1 and gets 8." [1d20=7]
[20:41] <Cordelia> roll 1d20+1 flurry mk 2
[20:41] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d20+1 flurry mk 2 and gets 18." [1d20=17]
[20:41] <Kotono> OOC: One hit.
[20:41] <Cordelia> roll 1d6+2
[20:41] * Hatbot --> "Cordelia rolls 1d6+2 and gets 5." [1d6=3]
[20:42] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia 3/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 5)'
[20:42] <Kotono> Down another goblin goes, half the line down and smashed in, this one courtesy of Cordelia's bleeding kick! OOC: Xyoria.
[20:43] * Xyoria gives Cordelia some more fire support!
[20:43] <Xyoria> roll d20+3
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Xyoria rolls d20+3 and gets 4." [d20=1]
[20:43] <Kotono> Another shot, another tragic miss! The goblins stumble back - this time they take tiny steps away from Cordelia before firing more arrows at her!
[20:43] <Kotono> roll 5#1d20+3
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 5#1d20+3 and gets 85." [5#1d20+3 = 14, 21, 18, 13, 19]
[20:43] <Kotono> OOC: AC?
[20:43] <Cordelia> OOC: they all hit
[20:43] <Kotono> roll 5d6 FATALITY
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 5d6 FATALITY and gets 24." [5d6=4, 5, 5, 5, 5]
[20:43] <Cordelia> OOC: AoO first?!
[20:44] <Kotono> OOC: Geez Hatbot.
[20:44] <Kotono> OOC: They took 5ft steps.
[20:44] <Cordelia> OOC: d'oh
[20:44] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia -17/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 5)'
[20:44] <Kotono> Down Cordelia goes, down in blood and arrows and death! She lies there a moment bleeding out, then a little devil arises from her body! She immediately plunges down, as if racing Meredith to eternal torment! OOC: Devon.
[20:46] * Devon cries out, "RETREAT!", and hurriedly dashes out his last barrage of jade before turning tail and running like a pussy!
[20:46] <Devon> roll 1d4+3 covering fire!
[20:46] <Kotono> OOC: Running back up the ramp
[20:46] * Hatbot --> "Devon rolls 1d4+3 covering fire! and gets 7." [1d4=4]
[20:46] <Kotono> ?
[20:46] <Devon> OOC: yes
[20:46] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia -17/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Cordelia(15)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 3)'
[20:46] <Kotono> Two more goblins are pounded under with the last Hail of Stone as Devon beats a hasty retreat away! OOC: Xyoria.
[20:46] * Kotono changes topic to 'Cordelia -17/9 Devon 8/8 Meredith -13/15 Xyoria 8/8 (H:12  MS:25)| Devon(24)>Xyoria(14)>Goblin Archers(11; 3)'
[20:47] * Xyoria starts for a second at Devon's shout, then follows him, making damned sure to stick to the shadows and out of sight!
[20:47] <Kotono> The two retreat back and up the muddy slope! They reach back up, no signs of pursuit immediately! OOC: Free act.

[20:48] <Devon> "Keep running, dammit! Don't stop for anything!"
[20:48] * Devon continues to run to the exit!
[20:48] <Xyoria> "Alright.. This.. This didn't work so well! Back to the boss? Find more lemmings to go in front of us?"
[20:49] * Xyoria glances around in a hunted manner..
[20:49] <Kotono> The two manage to retreat out! The boss awaits, arms crossed. He takes one look at the duo and facepalms with both hands, "How bad?" he asks, not even looking up.
[20:49] <Devon> "Well...uh. We're alive?" Devon offers. "Just not *all* of us are alive."
[20:49] <Xyoria> "... Third corridor, I think? Cordelia and Meredith.. Didn't make it."
[20:50] <Kotono> "Oh Tiamat and Torm's balls," The Boss groans, "I'm going to never hear the end of it." Sighing into his hands, "Alright, you two just...go get patched up and take a long lunch."
[20:52] * Devon immediately heads to the barracks, intending to sleep his ass off and eat. Not necessarily in that order.
[20:53] * Xyoria goes off towards the tavern to celebrate her fallen comerades' lives..