News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

243.1 Alicia and the Liath-Flail

Started by Corwin, April 02, 2012, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

06[00:01] * Alicia abruptly closes her eyes and feels a surge of self-loathing for almost losing herself and ignoring Latha's sacrifice. She calls upon her memories of being one with the Weave alongside Mystra, seeking something of more personal importance on a similar spiritual scale to diminish the temptation before her.
[00:01] <Alicia> "If this is it, then we will see you again after freeing the children," she promises. Latha will at least have to stay out of Chronias proper until then.
[00:04] <Kotono> "Latha...Until we meet again," Antenora's voice is like a dreamwhisper, as Latha's love is felt to you. You feel it within you, illuminating your heart. Then...light. So much light! You are dazzled by everything, a sensation that defies words. How long this goes on...none could say. But Alicia finds herself lying in sand. Dark, wine colored waters lap against her, the great mountain rising into the vast heavens above her.
[00:04] <Kotono> the great mountain rising into the vast heavens above her.
[00:05] <Alicia> Venya once more... Alicia simply spends a moment staring up at the impossibly tall mountain dominating the sky above her, her feelings badly mixed on account of Latha's sacrifice.
[00:06] <Kotono> Antenora lies besides you. She stares up as well, her hand finding yours, taking it tightly. "Did someone have to sacrifice themselve sfor the Liath-Flail? Hugo or Latha or another person? Does this holy power need a martyr?"
06[00:09] * Alicia clasps Antenora's hand in her own. "We shouldn't think of it as a sacrifice. Latha's only getting a leg-up on the same thing every archon on this mountain is working towards." She lets that settle for a moment before turning her head towrads Antenora. "And yet I can't feel happy about it."
[00:10] <Kotono> Antenora stares into Alicia's eyes. "It's not the way it's meant to be. Even now, the chaos of the Abyss subtly affects everything else. It's not Latha's time!"
[00:12] <Alicia> "All we can hope is that she'll want to come back instead of ascending when this is over," Alicia concludes glumly. "There's still a chance, so long as she doesn't take that final step."
[00:12] <Kotono> "The martyr, she who gives herself up so that others may be saved, is a sacred path to walk. Latha gave herself so that others will be saved." The voice that speaks is that of a young girl, filled with a complete serenity. "The power of the Liath-Flail is not to be had lightly. The truth must always be earned. For Latha's fate...she will make the choice when the time is right."
06[00:14] * Alicia sits up and turns towards the voice. "Xerona?"
[00:16] <Kotono> A young girl stands before you. She wears a gossamer dress of white, blowing in the wind. Long blonde hair cascades down, her eyes pure light. It is the light of the bridge, of Chronias. In her eyes you see the Truth for a moment. Her head is bedeckoned with colorful wildflowers, every shade of the beautiful rainbow seen. In one hand sits the Liath-Flail, ablaze like the sun! "I am Xerona."
[00:19] <Alicia> She looks so unassuming, on a glance. Somehow Alicia finds it appealing for one of Celestia's mightiest guardians to appear that way. "Since we haven't been formally introduced, I am Alicia and this is Antenora." She climbs to her feet and dusts herself off. "Thank you for helping us. Together I hope we can make Latha's sacrifice a meaningful one."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[20:07] <Kotono> > "The martyr, she who gives herself up so that others may be saved, is a sacred path to walk. Latha gave herself so that others will be saved." The voice that speaks is that of a young girl, filled with a complete serenity. "The power of the Liath-Flail is not to be had lightly. The truth must always be earned. For Latha's fate...she will make the choice when the time is right."
[20:07] <Kotono> * Alicia sits up and turns towards the voice. "Xerona?"
[20:07] <Kotono> > A young girl stands before you. She wears a gossamer dress of white, blowing in the wind. Long blonde hair cascades down, her eyes pure light. It is the light of the bridge, of Chronias. In her eyes you see the Truth for a moment. Her head is bedeckoned with colorful wildflowers, every shade of the beautiful rainbow seen. In one hand sits the Liath-Flail, ablaze like the sun! "I am Xerona."
[20:07] <Kotono> <Alicia> She looks so unassuming, on a glance. Somehow Alicia finds it appealing for one of Celestia's mightiest guardians to appear that way. "Since we haven't been formally introduced, I am Alicia and this is Antenora." She climbs to her feet and dusts herself off. "Thank you for helping us. Together I hope we can make Latha's sacrifice a meaningful one."
03[20:07] * Ebiris is now known as Alicia
[20:08] <Kotono> "We will." Xerona holds the Liath-Flail to her chest, "We must hurry to Androlynne. The Dark Six must be stopped."
03[20:11] * Merc-zzz is now known as Merc
06[20:17] * Alicia opens her mouth to reply then abruptly stops as she receives a sending. Taking a second to compose her reply she holds up a hand to indicate she's preoccupied before speaking. "Attacked in Kelara, turned to stone and went to Dweomerheart to be fixed. Gained ally in Celestia to hold off Pale Night, back soon."
[20:17] <Alicia> She then nods in satisfaction and explains. "That was Seira, she was attacked by the same creature that went after me recently, but didn't have any trouble herself." Then addressing Xerona, "We did have some other preparations to do, but you're right that haste is desirable - our foes could easily move forward their plans since Lyscrea was captured."
[20:17] <Alicia> "Do you want to come to the Prime with us to gather our forces first before moving on to Androlynne?"
[20:19] <Kotono> "My coming to the Prime with the Liath-Flail would threaten to upset the laws of creation." Xerona demurs, "I can head to Androlynne and wait briefly. I shall meet with you there."
[20:21] <Alicia> She should at least be able to take care of herself alone, so that's not really a worry. "We'll endeavour to join with you as soon as possible. If you go to Pascorel Lady Honeydip should be able to fill you in on the situation there." The sooner they get this done the less time Latha spends being tempted by Chronias, so that's even more reason to hurry.
[20:22] <Kotono> "Be safe and hurry." Xerona is gone lik ethat, an aura of light left behind, only fading away after several moments.
[20:23] <Kotono> "So it's time. Mystra help us," Antenora stands besides Alicia, "If we can free the children of Androlynne now, we can end this before it gets out of hand and the Dark Six crush us completely."
[20:25] <Alicia> "It's only the first step. We still have to go to Bleak Rendor and face the Neverborn... I hope Latha can be with us when we do," Alicia comments, the weight of expectation heavy upon her.
[20:25] <Alicia> "Without Latha to plane shift us I'll have to cast dismissal, which means you'll need to wait in the hole a moment so we don't get seperated," she then explains apologetically, opening it up. "Careful of the orb."
[20:26] <Kotono> With a long look at Alicia, "Thank Mystra Marie isn't here, either," she smiles a bit, walking into Alicia's hole.
[20:27] <Alicia> "Less said the better," Alicia concludes, furling it up once Antenora's inside before she casts dismissal upon herself, naturally not resisting it.
[20:27] <Alicia> roll 1d100 20% chance of missing prime
06[20:27] * Hatbot --> "Alicia rolls 1d100 20% chance of missing prime and gets 88." [1d100=88]
03[20:27] * Yomi is now known as Seira
[20:28] <Kotono> roll 1d100
06[20:28] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 93." [1d100=93]
[20:28] <Kotono> roll 1d100 sub TABLE
06[20:28] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 sub TABLE and gets 17." [1d100=17]
[20:30] <Kotono> Ack! Sand! Sand is blowing all around Alicia, flaying at her flesh and winds threatening to knock her about! She stands in a maelstrom of wind and sand, nearly sent flying in it!
[20:31] <Alicia> Guh. She'd intended to release Antenora immediately but she can wait to teleport out of this. Using her wings to shield herself she teleports to the hill Seira's inn and Elle's shop rest upon in Balmuria.
[20:31] <Alicia> OOC: concentration check?
[20:31] <Kotono> OOC: Concentration, yes.
[20:32] <Alicia> roll 1d20+14
06[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Alicia rolls 1d20+14 and gets 32." [1d20=18]
[20:32] <Alicia> roll 1d100 studied carefully, I see it a lot
06[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Alicia rolls 1d100 studied carefully, I see it a lot and gets 97." [1d100=97]
[20:32] <Kotono> roll 1d10
06[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d10 and gets 4." [1d10=4]
[20:32] <Kotono> roll 1d10
06[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d10 and gets 10." [1d10=10]
[20:32] <Alicia> OOC: off target
[20:32] <Kotono> roll 1d9
06[20:32] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d9 and gets 3." [1d9=3]
[20:34] <Kotono> Hm. This won't do. Alicia stands in the forest. She's o na flat rock in a bustling river, water gushing below her. The rock is big enough for her to stand on and not much more, slippery.
[20:35] <Alicia> Oh, it's good enough. She quickly flies over to the bank and then lets Antenora out of the hole. They were just lying on a beach so the sand covering her hopefully won't draw any questions.
[20:42] <Kotono> Antenora comes out, taking a breath of the air. "The Barbarian lands or...?" she glances about.
[20:43] <Alicia> "Could be anywhere, but I don't care to stay and explore," Alicia shrugs, rolling up the hole once more and dusting herself off a bit before she tries another teleport back to Balmuria.
[20:43] <Alicia> roll 1d100
06[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Alicia rolls 1d100 and gets 17." [1d100=17]
[20:43] <Kotono> This time you appear on the hill without incident! Theair is cold and clean, smelling of the sea. Soldiers are on patrol, Elle's shop quiet.
[20:44] <Alicia> "Seira's either in here or at the garrison, so lets go have a look," Alicia suggests, heading briskly inside.
[20:46] <Kotono> OOC: Elle's shop you mean?
01[20:46] <Seira> OOC: My home!
[20:46] <Alicia> OOC: Seira's inn.
[20:47] <Kotono> OOC: Oh, dur. I'll intro you in #evildunes in a few, Alicia.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake