News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

245.2 Alicia

Started by Corwin, April 02, 2012, 03:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[21:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> ---
[21:59] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Home. Rest. Battle worn and having seen things beyond mortal ken, it is so easy to rest. Dinner comes - Jessica makes it, Antenora sits down to eat with you. Dawnhope is there, smiling and chatting away. Hugo sits as well, Marie fluttering about. Latha sits nearby, quiet. It's a very simple meal, bread, meat, vegetables, cheese. Amid this, "You fought well, Jessica." Antenora says.
[22:01] <Alicia> "You made a valuable contribution," Alicia seconds. "It's a shame about the rapier, but it needed to be replaced anyway." She then turns to Antenora, "And thank you again for rescuing us both from that mist. I hate to think what would have happened to us without you."
[22:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Jessica just smiles, "I'm trying not to think about it. All of it was so unbelievable."
[22:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Dawnhope perches on Hugo's head, as Hugo passes her up a little bit of tomato. "Each time you come back, all of you look more impressive."
[22:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "You saved me from my own, too," Antenora's blush comes as she looks down into her food, "I was back in Hell. You were there with me and...I refused to believe that."
[22:04] <Alicia> "I saw all of you being hurt," Alicia answers vaguely as to her own experience, her gaze encompassing everyone present. "I knew it was just an illusion, but... it somehow got stuck in my head anyway. Sapped away at my will."
[22:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Same for me." Jessica says after a bite of cheese and bread, "All my logic and protests were swept away. I couldn't do anything but close my eyes and wait for the end."
[22:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "That's what makes you special, Alicia. Even when you succumbed, you still inspired me to save all of us," Antenora looks up to her now, a blush and a smile married together, twitching. "But still...I'm trying to forget that...succubus...thing."
[22:08] <Alicia> "It was revolting, wasn't it?" Alicia makes a face at that, grimacing at her plate before she tries to dismiss it and looks up. "What about your part, Latha?" she tries to engage the deva, hoping this won't be like picking at a scab. "Did you have to block anyone from crossing the bridge during your tenure as guard?"
[22:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Latha's gaze is still distant, still so far away. "No. All that came were worthy. To describe it...I cannot. It is beyond words." Latha is quiet now, "All of us need to see Commander Oberuth tomorrow. Within the light, time was relative. He's planning a very important matter."
06[22:11] * Alicia blinks at that, wondering how Latha knows. "I think he mentioned something yesterday, when we got back from Celestia," she admits. "Bleak Rendor still awaits, but we should take tomorrow to rest anyway. We'll go to the garrison after breakfast?"
[22:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Yes." Latha looks down then, silent. After a few moments of this, Dawnhope flutters up and perches on Alicia's head. "So tell us about the battle!"
[22:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora gazes at Latha sidelong, "Alicia's a good storyteller," she agrees.
[22:28] <Alicia> "Well, our first opposition was Lord Drake, above a vile lake at the Mountain's foothills" Alicia begins, pushing her mostly cleared plate away and leaning back. "Makes me wonder if we'll find Claris the same way," she adds as an aside,
[22:28] <Alicia> "But Seira had Agathiel exorcise the control the Dark Six had over his spirit, then somehow confined his soul into a gem long enough for Marie to return him to Balmuria and his body. So that wasn't much of a battle at all..."
[22:28] <Alicia> "The first real battle came as we reached the mountain proper, and were engaged by a swarm of tiny undead... eyeball things. As they flew wildly around us all, a marilith riding a howling dragon - the one we saw the other day," she nods to Latha, hoping to bring her more into things, "Emerged screaming about flanking us."
[22:28] <Alicia> "She had no other forces nearby to flank with, though, so I think she was just saying that to sound like she knew what she was doing. Has anyone ever actually encountered a marilith who lived up to the 'legendary general' stereotype, by the way?" she breaks off her tale curiously, looking around the table.
[22:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora shakes her head, "I think it's just propaganda by demons, or by mortals terrified of them." Witt a pfft sound as she blows on her tongue, "We're beyond such petty hype. They're nothing but succubi without what makes them succubi, playing at being a warrior."
[22:32] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I wouldn't be so sure!" Dawnhope waggles a finger, "That sounds a lot like arrogant overconfidence! Pride comes way before the fall!"
[22:34] <Alicia> "I think the succubus comparison is apt, though," Alicia inclines her head a little, but not enough to dislodge the coure on her head. "I fought one on the astral who admitted to being newly promoted from succubus when I taunted her. And Estaci's brothel in Golmendicoria had lots of mariliths featured in the advertising."
[22:35] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Interesting." Antenora takes a bite of meat, wiping her chinw ith a napkin as red juice dribbles down. "Perhaps the ones we've met haven't grown into the role, either. A newly promoted devil knows how to act and what to do, but without the guidance of order and law? A new marilith would be lost."
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "It's not like newly promoted eladrin are deaf, dumb and stupid!" Dawnhope sticks out her tongue at Antenora, "I'm sure they have instincts too!"
[22:36] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Marie, I think oyu're losing your touch," Jessica's face quirks into a little smile, "Dawnhope's replacing you here."
[22:39] <Alicia> "Maybe the mariliths who know about tactics aren't dumb enough to show up on the front lines?" Marie volunteers, before indignantly flying over to park herself on Jessica's head. "Even if Alicia abandons me for another model, you won't cast me aside, will you?" she asks in a whiny tone.
[22:39] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I'm here." Jessica reaches up and pats Marie, "Perhaps you rubbed off? The desire for change seized Alicia, Marie?"
[22:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "A good point. Those balors barely even slowed us down. Mystra...." Thoughtfully having crackling white light cascade amid her fingers, "We're becoming the legends."
[22:41] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Hugo smiles, "Change. Good. Bad." Hugo shrugs, going back to his meal.
[22:41] <Alicia> "That's right, Hugo," Alicia smiles indulgently at the young man. "Sometimes things change for the better, sometimes the worse. Change for its own sake is silly, though."
[22:42] <Alicia> "I'm not broken so don't fix me?" Marie summarises hesitantly.
[22:44] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Still." Jessica brings a bit of bread up to Marie, "Thanks for saving Celebrimbor. You did good."
[22:44] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora turns ot Hugo, "Still innocent as a child...I wonder..." She gazes at him for a time, "Did we make the right choice?"
[22:46] <Alicia> "I was just the delivery girl," Marie shrugs, accepting the bread and nibbling on it. "It's what we coure normally do in the heavens, anyway."
[22:46] <Alicia> "Hugo did not need to see the things we saw today," Alicia concludes firmly.
[22:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I'm sure you'll get promoted from that one day," Antenora grins at Marie, before returning to Hugo. She is quiet, lips pursed, "I don't reject what you said, yet...the hottest forges make the strongest greensteel. I wonder...I wonder what could have been?"
[22:50] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Besides playing innocent pranks and frolicking with your kin?" Jessica chuckles, "I saw a few in Dweomerheart."
[22:50] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Hugo smiles right back to Antenora, "I'm happy." He says, then goes back to eating his food.
[22:51] <Alicia> "Obviously we get time off," Marie folds her arms indignantly. "Would you want heaven to be all work and no play? The thing is, though, if you slack off and play all the time, that's all you're trusted to do. If you work hard, you're rewarded with more work and greater responsibility. So everyone finds their own niche."
[22:52] <Alicia> "Innocence should be treasured, I think," Alicia responds to Antenora's musings. "He'll find his own path, when he's ready."
[22:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "You still get to play forever, if that's what your soul craves." Antenora's quiet expression and gaze settle on Marie. "Luckier than a lemure that crawled up to being a Lord of the Nine."
[22:53] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Speaking of!" Jessica claps her hands, "We haven't had any devil problems since Esthan was stopped?"
[22:54] <Alicia> "Haven't seen any," Alicia agrees with Jessica. "I doubt they'll be out of our hair forever, but they're probably taking their time to determine a new strategy."
[22:55] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Mmmm." Antenora is quiet, "Alicia. Have you thought about..." she trails off, "What we saw in our visions on the mountain at all?"
[22:57] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Hm? You know, if you don't want to talk about devils, you could just say so," Jessica cracks a slight smile, "That wasn't very transparent."
06[22:59] * Alicia smiles at Jessica. "It's still more tactful than bluntly announcing it," she observes. "Anyway, to be honest I hadn't given it much thought - since we got Xerona on our side things were too hectic for much introspection."
[23:00] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora looks about, "I just think...there's a family here. A good family, a good place to grow and live. That's all." Going back to her food while looking at Alicia sidelong, "Marie would make a good playmate, too."
[23:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Now scowling a little, "What are you two talking about?" Dawnhope peers down, nearly upsidedown to look into Alicia's eyes.
06[23:04] * Alicia raises her gaze towards Dawnhope first and then to Jessica and Hugo. "Sorry, we're being rude, aren't we," she acknowledges. "While in Celestia, I had a dream about my son, Felix."
[23:04] <Alicia> "It's a little confusing, since it was a potential future, but I was able to talk with him... right now he's with Mystra, though. Along with my husband," she explains, voice remaining calm and pleasant as she focuses on the pleasant experience in Celestia, easily chasing away the nastiness Pale Night's realm dredged up.
[23:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Oh...oh!" Jessica blinks slowly at first, "Then...are you going to bring them here, Alicia?"
[23:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Hugo grins as he eats, "Playmates are fun!"
[23:10] <Alicia> "I don't know," Alicia admits with a wince. "In the beginning, I prayed for their return with all my heart. Over time, though, I've gotten used to the idea that they've moved on and are happy - like Marie," she gestures to her familiar. "Now though, I know they're with the Goddess I love, but also that they're still watching over me..."
[23:10] <Alicia> "I don't know if they're happy as things are or want to come back or what," she shrugs helplessly. "Even if there's nothing I can do right now, I think if I made a proper effort I could find a way to resurrect them. I just don't know if I should."
[23:12] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora takes a long drink of wine before she answers. "Alicia. I think they're happy where they are, and they'd be happy here. If Mystra gives you the means of bringing them back, I have no doubt she has confidence in this. I think the greater question is will it make you happy?"
[23:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Wait, they're not outsiders or absorbed into things? Are they like held petitioners?" Dawnhope's voice lilts upwards, "That sounds unusual!"
06[23:19] * Alicia squirms a bit. This was far easier when it was just a sad fact of life, not something she had direct power to choose. "I don't know the specifics of it," she admits to Dawnhope before addressing Antenora.
[23:19] <Alicia> "It's complicated," she begins, knowing how weak that sounds. "I've moved on. Changed. For Felix I doubt it would matter, I'll always be his mother. But for Hans... I'm not sure I could be the wife he remembers."
[23:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "You're not going to stay at home and cook any more." Antenora nods slightly, "I admit..." she stops here, "Would he be happy with you running around? Would he feel jealous of others who had close relationships with you? Yet...I believe that the love would endure, but..." With a thoughtful sigh, "Your doubts raise a good point."
[23:25] <Alicia> "He wasn't controlling," Alicia shakes her head quickly. "But... I did give up that life for him. And when I think back on our time together... it's a warm memory, but... it's wistful," she frowns, trying to articulate this but not sure if she's being successful. "We never had a chance to fall out of love, but still I don't think I'd have those same feelings now."
[23:27] <Alicia> "How cruel would it be to bring him back into this world, only for the life he knew to remain broken?" she concludes.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[22:00] <Koaway> "* Alicia squirms a bit. This was far easier when it was just a sad fact of life, not something she had direct power to choose. "I don't know the specifics of it," she admits to Dawnhope before addressing Antenora.
[22:00] <Koaway> <Alicia> "It's complicated," she begins, knowing how weak that sounds. "I've moved on. Changed. For Felix I doubt it would matter, I'll always be his mother. But for Hans... I'm not sure I could be the wife he remembers."
[22:00] <Koaway> > "You're not going to stay at home and cook any more." Antenora nods slightly, "I admit..." she stops here, "Would he be happy with you running around? Would he feel jealous of others who had close relationships with you? Yet...I believe that the love would endure, but..." With a thoughtful sigh, "Your doubts raise a good point."
[22:00] <Koaway> <Alicia> "He wasn't controlling," Alicia shakes her head quickly. "But... I did give up that life for him. And when I think back on our time together... it's a warm memory, but... it's wistful," she frowns, trying to articulate this but not sure if she's being successful. "We never had a chance to fall out of love, but still I don't think I'd have those same feelings now."
[22:00] <Koaway> <Alicia> "How cruel would it be to bring him back into this world, only for the life he knew to remain broken?" she concludes.
[22:01] <Koaway> "Just because the past is gone doesn't mean you can't build a bright future. Look at me...compared to what you helped me with, forging a loving, new relationship would be simple," Antenora smiles wistfully herself, "No matter how good a point the doubts raise, remember that, too. Don't be scared."
[22:01] <Koaway> "On the other hand, it's natural to move on." Dawnhope leans over to speak into Alicia's ear, but loud enough to be heard. "Forever's a long time. Love, life and move along."
[22:02] <Koaway> "A test." Latha says clearly, her gaze still far away and unfocused. "A choice between what you've left behind and the future Mystra has shown you at her side."
06[22:06] * Alicia looks askance at Latha. "Why does it have to be a test?" she asks, not liking the implications. It's tremendously cruel if so. "Why can't it just be a private decision, if it has to be a decision at all?"
[22:08] <Koaway> "You've held lives and souls in your choices before, Alicia. Everyone does, even if they don't realize it." Her eyes bore into her, like lasers of light. "Every action works towards the truth. Every action is part of the truth. Every choice chooses to embrace the truth or to reject it foolishly."
[22:14] <Alicia> "If Mystra or Celestia wanted my family restored, they should have done it when I asked," Alicia returns, tone becoming frosty. "Keeping them on ice all these years as I try to rebuild my life, only to dangle the possibility when I've moved on is wrong, no matter who's doing it."
[22:17] <Koaway> Latha stares right back at Alicia, "The truth is not..." A full stop here, her gaze turned away from Alicia. "I must watch my words. They are not entirely normal now." Rising up, Latha bows her head, "Thank you for the meal. I will go...rest a time."
[22:18] <Koaway> As everyone else stares at her, Jessica clears her throat. "Thank you. You're excused."
[22:20] <Alicia> Alicia's head droops, feeling bad for making Latha feel less welcome after all they just went through, but unable to apologise for finally giving vent to something that's been niggling at her since their trip through Celestia. "I think I'll turn in early as well," she announces a moment after Latha's left, carefully removing Dawnhope from her head and getting up as well.
[22:21] <Koaway> "It's been a long few days." Antenora says aloud, "We need rest and time to let our stresses melt away." Antenora rises, "I'm going ot go pratice."
[22:21] <Koaway> Dawnhope flutters by Alicia, "Want me to bring you some warm tea?"
[22:23] <Alicia> "No. Thank you," Alicia forces a smile for Dawnhope as she shakes her head. "I'm just going to go sleep. Good night, everyone," she turns to the rest of the room, giving Hugo a kiss on the top of his head in passing.
[22:32] <Koaway> roll 1d100
06[22:32] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d100 and gets 41." [1d100=41]
[22:34] <Koaway> The next morning comes. Alicia sleeps a dark, endless sleep. Oh, she dreams - she knows it, yet they slip through her hands like sands through the hourglass. She awakens the next morning before the dawn, the smell of something good wafting in. Of cooking food, perhaps? Her stomach rumbles slightly. Alicia can also hear singing, faint and muffled.
[22:35] <Alicia> As is her usual custom, Alicia gets cleaned up and dressed before she goes downstairs to investigate breakfast.
[22:36] <Koaway> As Alicia gets cleaned up, there's a knock on her door. "Alicia?" Antenora calls.
[22:37] <Alicia> "Just a second," Alicia calls, taking a moment to put on her tunic and tie it up at the back - clothes were so much simpler before wings. "Okay, come in," she allows as she works the fastenings, now decent.
[22:41] <Koaway> The door props open. Antenora comes in, carrying a tray. Fresh steam rises from it, food and drink balanced. Dawnhope flutters in with her, carrying a basket of flowers, struggling mightily to keep it up. "Breakfast," Antenora says with a bright smile. "Marie'll be along."
06[22:43] * Alicia sees right through this. "You don't have to coddle me," she makes a face, knowing exactly why they're feeling the need to do just that and wishing she hadn't snapped last night.
[22:44] <Koaway> "Alicia." Antenora to her, presenting the tray. "For Mystra's sake, you faced down abominations that should never see the light of day! You deserve some pampering! I spent two hours cooking this for you, too!"
[22:46] <Koaway> "Ooof...ooof..." Dawnhope makes it to Alicia's nightstand, starting to arrainge the flowers in the basket. "You don't wanna know how hard these flowers were to get, by th eway."
[22:47] <Alicia> "You faced them as well," Alicia points out reasonably, sitting on her bed before giving Dawnhope a smile and genially patting her head. "I appreciate that you worked hard, and I don't want to seem ungrateful. But this is really about what I said to Latha, isn't it?"
[22:48] <Koaway> "Alicia. I get pleasure from serving you." Antenora says warmly, her smile quite strong and quite unrelenting. "That's my relief and relaxation. Let's just enjoy ourselves for the moment? Your oats are getting cold."
06[22:52] * Alicia then accepts the tray, setting it down on the bed beside her and grabbing a spoon to start on those oats Antenora's so worried about. "At least have something yourselves then," she asks. "I don't want to eat alone."
[22:52] <Alicia> Although she can't help but entertain a suspicion that perhaps the intent here is to keep her in her room so as not to disturb anyone else? Antenora would surely be the first to accept that sacrifice.
[22:55] <Koaway> They're oats, though they taste of apples. Antenora takes a bit of pear, nibbling on it. "It tastes fine, but I still don't like eating. If I'm to learn a lesson about it, I fear it's going to be lost on me."
[22:57] <Koaway> "Eating's fun," Dawnhope flutters over to the tray, taking a tiny finger of oats and sampling. "What's so bad about it as long as you don't indulge in gluttony?"
[22:58] <Alicia> "The lesson is to be part of the world. You have to acquire food to survive, either by hunting, foraging, or bartering," Alicia replies, glad of something normal to talk about. Well, normal by their standards. "If you don't require sustenance then that's one less chain linking you to the world. You could be a hermit with no impact on anything."
[23:00] <Koaway> "There are blessed hermits out there," Antenora smiles coyly now, "To forsake everything and live along, pursuing enlightenment and wisdom. It is not a false path."
[23:01] <Koaway> "Oh, don't backtalk!" Dawnhope flicks a bit of oat at Antenora, "That sounds like some batty archmage who can call on great magic but can barely hold a conversation with another person. What's so holy about that?"
[23:03] <Alicia> "I'm with the eladrin on this one," Alicia agrees. "We're people of action at heart, and that's how it should be."
[23:04] <Koaway> "Perhaps so." Antenora eats away at her fruit, "Baatezu are lonely creatures, no matter how many thralls they command and how many superiors they scrape to. For all the iron chains around them, not a one truly supports them."
[23:07] <Alicia> "They still interact with the world, in their own destructive way," Alicia notes after a mouthful of porridge. "But to take your hermit example, a hermit with no need for sustenance could brick herself up in a cave till the end of time."
[23:07] <Alicia> "A hermit who requires food would have to forage or hunt for it, or perhaps make infrequent trips to barter. This keeps her involved in the world, where perhaps she might hear of something that demands she come out of seclusion for the greater good."
[23:09] <Koaway> "True." Antenora chomps down on her pear again, licking her lips clean. She swallows it, "You know Mephistopheles as a fiery archdevil who commands Hellfire, yes?"
[23:09] <Alicia> "And rules over frozen Cania, yes," Alicia nods.
[23:11] <Koaway> "I remember once hearing that it wasn't always like that. Mephisto was as cold as his realm. Of course, that devil was soon beheaded for high treason." Antenora finishes her pear, "But the image of a cold stoic lingers in my mind now."
[23:13] <Alicia> "Aren't you guilty of high treason?" Alicia asks, blinking. "There's really not much comparison..."
[23:14] <Koaway> "I'm not done yet." Antenora smiles now, "A cold stoic that cares about nothing but his own perfection and growth, no matter what. It strikes me as material."
03[23:15] * Koaway is now known as Kotono
[23:16] <Kotono> "Kind of like Alicia's example? It's a little bit of a stretch." Antenora gets Dawnhope perching on her head, "Why go to such a hassle and contort that to fit into your train of thought?"
06[23:17] * Alicia isn't sure herself, but makes a guess. "Perhaps to show that ascetic contemplation can be bad in certain ways, just as anything else can?"
[23:20] <Kotono> "Yes, that." Antenora is quiet for some time after, "My thoughts are difficult to follow at times. My very frame of reference is alien to a human or an eladrin. It's not condescension, but instead what I've learned. Baatezu are all about logic...Alicia understood that. Saying that she loved me and wanted me to be pure would have never worked. She challenged my logic on it's foundations. When I reference a great superior devil...I'm doing much the same. Me
[23:20] <Kotono> When I reference a great superior devil...I'm doing much the same. Mephisto IS Caina. He is it's embodiment, master and lord. The lessons Caina teaches are him."
[23:25] <Alicia> "And yet if the treasonous devil you mention is correct, he hides and distorts his own history. What logic can be derived from a false premise?" Alicia asks thoughtfully. "Of course it could have been wrong - it's one devil's word against another, isn't it?"
[23:27] <Kotono> "Devils lie almost as much as Yugoloths, but not from a lack of trying," Antenora chuckles. "He could have been telling the unvarnished truth or a complete falsehood."
[23:33] <Alicia> "I'd like to think if it was true then it would be more well known," Alicia muses. "But considering how our history turns to mush after a few centuries here on the prime, I'm not really in any place to cast judgement."
[23:33] <Alicia> "Jessica and I were talking about this the other day - the gnomes had a massive presence all over the world two thousand years ago, but now if you were to ask most people about gnomes you'd have them explained as little more than ground-bound pixie-like pranksters."
[23:35] <Kotono> "Curious indeed. Though perhaps your world is a special case." Antenora thoughtfully takes a slice of bread and gnaws on it. "When the desired truth changes in Baator, so do the records and the official line. Spouting an old truth now...that's treason. Those who like the old truth enough to champion end up dead. So it's easier for Baatezu knowledge to slip beneath the waves, at least in Baator."
[23:38] <Alicia> "Well, if it were just humans I could accept it. Two thousand years is an immensely long time. Many tens of generations have passed for us, enough time for tales to be distorted and records lost. But elves have little more knowledge, and for them it has only been a handful of generations. Jessica speculated that there must have been a deliberate effort to forget."
[23:39] <Kotono> "Quite possible. With all that's happened here, I wouldn't put it past the pale." Half eating her bread before putting it back on the tray, "Perhaps in a few thousand years no one will remember Della, but instead remember Antenora the deva?"
[23:42] <Alicia> "Which would you prefer?" Alicia asks curiously as she tears off a piece of bread for herself.
[23:42] <Kotono> "I'm not sure." Antenora looks to Alicia, "In two thousand years, do you want people to remember Alicia...or Saint Alicia, or the angelic Alicia, servant of Mystra?"
[23:50] <Alicia> "I'd want them to remember my beginnings," Alicia nods decisively. "I wasn't born under a portentuous star or groomed by divine agents. I didn't come from a line of heroes or struggle growing up through great trials."
[23:50] <Alicia> "And yet for all the mundanity of my origin, I still achieved great things - I like to think that could be inspirational for other young people who perhaps fancy themselves as having a bit of talent with a sword, today or in the future."
[23:51] <Kotono> "I'd like to think that too. I'd like to be known as an angel of fury and redemption joined together." Antenora slides close to Alicia now, "That someone from the darkest roots can rise high."
06[23:54] * Alicia smiles approvingly. "If anything, it makes your accomplishments more impressive." She then cocks her head and her smile takes an amused turn, "For all that I wonder if there are those in Baator right now enjoying a bit of reflected glory from a once erinyes being among those to thwart Pale Night yesterday."
[23:55] <Kotono> "Sure." Antenora giggles to that, cocking her head back and looking Alicia in the eyes. "Let them be jealous and cling to our glory."
[23:58] <Alicia> Letting out a little laugh at that, Alicia finishes off her bread and stands up. "Come on, lets get things cleaned up and then we'll go see what the Commander has planned at the garrison?"
[23:59] <Kotono> "Of course, Alicia." Antenora stands up, right behind Alicia. "I think Della would in a way crave the position I have. I've gained more station and elevation than any devil could dream of."
Session Time: Sat Dec 12 00:00:00 2009
[00:02] <Alicia> "Even so, it'd be nice if your success encouraged a few more to start dreaming," Alicia smiles as she picks up the tray, starting for the door.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake