News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

247.1 Seira

Started by Corwin, April 02, 2012, 04:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[19:53] <Kotono> OOC: Seira, who's going with yo ufor the armor? Any prep you need to make?
01[19:55] <Seira> After gathering Amaryl, Seira intends to use the portal to Malmuth and ask her father to accompany them. The finishing touch requires a spell he has, after all, and she supposes she would like to have him there. Agathaiel had also followed them the entire time; in fact, getting the armor was a sort of test, and so Seira has little doubt the deva would like to see this through as well.
[19:57] <Kotono> Thus the four gather. As everyone is ready, "Who's going to teleport us?" Amaryl asks.
01[19:58] <Seira> "I've prepared for this!" Seira declares proudly, and thinks of their destination, that alone enough to teleport them all over.
[20:00] <Kotono> Woosh! The party appears over in a split second! You stand outside the smoky smithy, the scent of smoke in the cold air. A golden smoke coils about out, streaked with lines of black soot.
01[20:01] <Seira> "Let's go see our friend so that an enormous dragon appearing suddenly doesn't startle him?" Seira suggests, heading inside.
[20:06] <Kotono> Inside you find the smith working. He hammers away at the set of chain mail! It glows hot as a tinder in the fire, like gleaming red-gold links sewn together. Occasionally electricity, water or lines of darkness roil over, draconic roars echoing with each hammerfall. In the gleam of the light from the armor, you can see fragments of memory - Demedais standing before Kondrux, Alicia standing before a giant black skeleton that absorbs all the li
[20:06] <Kotono> Demedais standing before Kondrux, Alicia standing before a giant black skeleton that absorbs all the light around it, Seira facing down a Nightwalker alone.
01[20:08] <Seira> 'Somehow, it will be either really impressive, or really creepy,' Seira can't help but think. "Probably the former," she voices absent-mindedly, waving at the smith. "We're back," Seira further says to alert him to their presence.
[20:09] <Kotono> Turning away and holding his hammer aloft, "It's almost done," he calls, "You're early!"
01[20:11] <Seira> "The fell forces of undeath and evil were weaker than anticipated?" Seira calls back with a laugh. "I've tried to show up earlier just so that we could summon a dragon to breathe life into the armor as you're almost done with it."
[20:15] <Kotono> "You're really seirous about this?" Wiping his brow with the back of his hand, "I'll have it ready in a few minutes then."
01[20:16] <Seira> "I think it would be a suitable send off, and Lagann doesn't disagree," Seira responds, shrugging. "If you think otherwise, we won't do this, of course."
[20:17] <Kotono> "I'll give it a try," As the smith calls bakc, Amaryl watches the armor. "Oh, it looks so magnificent, Seira!"
01[20:18] <Seira> "Doesn't it?" Seira happily agrees. "I know you'll do it justice. Why, I can see the bard tales of your exploits wearing it proudly to battle evil!"
[20:19] <Kotono> "Bard song - true immortality, that," Saul observes, hands within his robes as he watches the smith ework.
01[20:20] <Seira> "Don't listen to Dad, he's just jealous," Seira tells Amaryl loudly enough for Saul to overhear.
[20:22] <Kotono> "Why, in my day, we have to EARN our bardsong," With crossed arms, "We didn't get it by dressing up in fancy armor and looking pretty."
[20:23] <Kotono> Amaryl giggles lightly, but otherwise holds her tongue.
06[20:24] * Seira eyes her father skeptically, but otherwise just waits for the armor to near readiness, so that their Dragon Ally spell could be cast.
[20:25] <Kotono> After several more hammer blows, "It's ready," the smith calls, "Let's take this outside then...dragons are huge, aren't they?"
01[20:26] <Seira> "That's what I'm thinking!" Seira responds, nodding at her father.
[20:27] <Kotono> As the armor is carried with hot tongs outside, everyone relocates. Agathaiel steps back, as does Amaryl. "Well then." Saul cracks his neck, "Are we ready?"
01[20:27] <Seira> "The moment is upon us," Seira agrees.
[20:34] <Kotono> Saul steps forward, kneeling to the ground. He draws an arrow like pattern  into the ground with lines of fire, sizzling in the dirty. As he chants it expands out, from an arrow into a vast line of fiery breath. Saul tosses handfuls of gold and minor gems in every minute or so, invoking new and different names! With the last syllable, the sky cracks open! Before you a large dragon flies in the air. It is of a shiny, glossy golden color, gleami
[20:34] <Kotono> It is of a shiny, glossy golden color, gleaming and steaming in the cold air. "You have drawn me forth, wizard. Why?"
01[20:35] <Seira> "It was done at my request," Seira calls up to the golden dragon. "In the hopes that as fellow servants of Waukeen, we could come to an agreement benefiting us both and Her cause at the same time."
[20:36] <Kotono> "Her words are mostly correct. The task is a simple one, we ask you to bathe this armor here with your flaming breath. That is all, you will be properly compensated," Saul tosses several gemstones into the fire, "Once you do this you are free to return whence you came."
01[20:40] <Seira> "A simple, much-appreciated request," Seira adds to that.
[20:40] <Kotono> "Very well." The dragon turns to the armor, rearing back onto it's hind legs! Fire gathers around it's mouth ,a white hot inferno of heat! With a roar that shatters the heavens above you into a sonic explosion, the flaming breath engulfs the armor! (More)
[20:52] <Kotono> The dragon is gone, scorched ground where the flaming arrow and breath where. Sitting on the ground in a halo of burning fire sits the armor. Silver and gold links are formed together into chainmail, the shoulders the scales of a golden dragon. Arm bracers attach to the armor, tiny claws of blue, sea green and shadowy black wrapping together to serve as wrist guards.
06[20:53] * Seira comes closer, running her finger over the nearest bracer.
[21:02] <Kotono> The armor is hot to the touch, but the metal is firm.
01[21:06] <Seira> "It's done, and just in time, too," Seira says, largely to herself, before raising her head to look at the smith. "Again, our thanks. Words don't quite seem adequate for all of your help."
[21:08] <Kotono> "You're welcome." The smith rubs his hands and shoulders, "I think that's my best work yet."
[21:08] <Kotono> "Oh Seira..." Amaryl stares at the armor, "It's...beautiful."
01[21:09] <Seira> "And Dad's speechless, because we all know you're going to look so stunning while wearing it!"
[21:13] <Kotono> "It's impressive. All it took were a few irrelplaceable artifacts and enough money to feed Malmuth for a few weeks," With a lopsided smile, "It's good work, Seira."
01[21:15] <Seira> "If that money signified the life or death of people in Malmuth, I have several reserves I can liquidate for that purpose," Seira suggests, ready to do just that if the answer is an affirmative. "For now, want to try it on and see how it fits you, Amaryl? And Dad, we're taking the fight to the liches first thing tomorrow, if everything aligns just right. We could really use you with us there."
[21:21] <Kotono> Saul makes a motion to sigh, "Of course, of course. Finishing this is only proper."
01[21:22] <Seira> "And your own legend might grow!" Seira adds brightly, intent on teleporting them all back home once they are done.
[21:23] <Kotono> OOC: If you're using normal TP roll it?
01[21:23] <Seira> roll 1d100 home
06[21:23] * Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d100 home and gets 65." [1d100=65]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake