News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Loot, expenses and other thing

Started by Anastasia, June 19, 2012, 11:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Garlicbane

This knife has a dull, worn sheen and several nicks all over. However, what is most noticiable about it is an overwhelming smell, resembling that of fresh garlic. It functions as a dagger+3, undead bane. However, the scent the knife emits is impossible to miss. Any creature with a sense of smell within 30ft automatically notices the smell, rendering ambushes difficult. Creatures with the scent quality notice the creature up to 100ft away. In addition, they may ascertain which square the bearer is in as a free action.

Garlicbane's smell is not smothered by a sheathe, but burying it under several layers (such as in a backpack) is sufficient to smother the smell. However, whatever is used to contain it and whatever is immediately nearby will smell of garlic.

Finally, Garlicbane may create 1d6+3 cloves of fresh garlic once per day as a full round action. This garlic is fully edible.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Sierra

Iris knows jack all about ancient coins.

<Iris> roll 1d20+4 Hatoboto engage
* Hatbot --> "Iris rolls 1d20+4 Hatoboto engage and gets 8."12 [1d20=4]

Anastasia

Iris think-oooh. Oh! OH! So shiny, so hard and metallic and rich. Iris closes her eyes and holds those coins close to her, sighing in contentment. These coins are...huh? Where was she? Oh right. No idea. None. Nope.
<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

Oh well.

Since I'm just now noticing the weapon group stuff makes me nonproficient with the bow I bought at chargen (related, anyone want a masterwork bow?) I figure I might as well grab the garlic knife just so I have something to do if I ever run out of magic. Unless anyone else wants it, because I should seriously never be engaging in melee combat anyway.

EDIT: apparently the above is completely irrelevant given weapon groups available from Factotum. Note to self, next time there are rule changes, update your sheet at that time instead of a month later.

Anastasia

Loot from the babau

Babau 1:

One drawstring bag, soaked in slime. Essentially ruined.
A heap of silver and gold coins, mildly acid-scarred with the faces defaced.
A small silver idol of an ant.

Babau 2:

Figurine of a mountain, made of iron.

Let me know if anyone wants to appraise, detect magic or anything else.
<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

Iris will use Detect Magic and attempt to identify anything she can as a result.

Anastasia

The mountain radiates magic. Roll spellcraft.
<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

<RepoMage> roll 1d20+15 Hatbot this time
<Kobot> RepoMage rolled 1d20+15 Hatbot this time --> [ 1d20=8 ]{23}

Anastasia

Ironskin Monument

This monument can be eaten, despite being hardened iron. Doing so increases the natural armor of the eater, as long as they don't have considerable natural armor already(+5 or greater). However, the iron is not easily digested and damaged the eater, risking injury and death. Unfortunately this is part of how it toughens the body, as the iron has to be absorbed in. Healing the damage before its done ruins the effect and wastes the Ironskin Monument.
<Afina> Forever.

Zephyrus

Did anyone else want the Ironskin Monument? I'm all for getting some extra AC, even if I have to risk life and limb to do so!

Iron Dragoon

> roll d20+11-2 Nature, target: Ant Idol
* Hatbot --> "Iddy rolls d20+11-2 Nature, target: Ant Idol and gets 21."12 [d20=12]

Trying to get info on the Idol type.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on July 25, 2012, 05:40:37 PM
> roll d20+11-2 Nature, target: Ant Idol
* Hatbot --> "Iddy rolls d20+11-2 Nature, target: Ant Idol and gets 21."12 [d20=12]

Trying to get info on the Idol type.

It looks to be an idol of a fire ant. It's not perfect down to the fine details, but it's the closest match and almost certainly it.
<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

MAde an attempt at appraising nonmagical stuff because why not.

<Cidward> roll 1d20+2 coins
* Hatbot --> "Cidward rolls 1d20+2 coins and gets 16."12 [1d20=14]
<Cidward> roll 1d20+2 ant
* Hatbot --> "Cidward rolls 1d20+2 ant and gets 11."12 [1d20=9]

Also I encourage melee fighters to take the Ironskin thing since they need it more. Although maybe we don't want to try eating that until we get somewhere safer than Hades.

Anastasia

The coins are damaged and will need to be melted down. Once done, the metal worth of the coins will be roughly 50-100 gold.

Iris can't put a price on the ant - it's unique art and outsider her range of knowledge.
<Afina> Forever.

Zephyrus

Well, I guess I'm going to claim the Ironskin unless someone else really, really wants it. I guess I'll be smart and wait until we're relatively safe to try and ingest it.