News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

049. Aftermath

Started by Corwin, August 29, 2012, 04:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[19:44] <Kotono> The trip to Sylica is without incident. On passing through the Felic Gate you come to its warmth and peace, thereafter setting out to find Ebony. Your search leads you a street down from the bakery where you met her on your last visit. Here is a winding tower of sturdy stone, a stairway winding up the side. You go up a ways, perhaps to the third or fourth story. There is a small landing here
[19:44] <Kotono> with a door to within. From your asking around, this is Ebony's home.
[19:45] * Jaela knocks, of course. It's hard to believe Ebony would be recovering there on her own.
[19:46] <Afina> Afina likewise has her doubts, considering what she knows from Kascha. But perhaps her friends are here also, looking after her while she recovers in familiar surroundings.
[19:47] <Kotono> The door swings open. You hear an unfamiliar voice call, "Enter," as a sense of undeniable, powerful presence hits you. It momentarily makes you weak in the knees, drowning out your other senses entirely.
[19:47] * Jaela doesn't wait before stepping inside.
[19:48] <Afina> Expecting to find one of the twin goddesses of this realm, if not both, Afina flutters in behind Jaela.
[19:50] <Kotono> There's a very small antechamber here, a few cloaks hanging on metal hooks in the wall. Past it is a small, intimiate room. Four doors are scattered on the back and side walls, leading deeper in. Here however, comfort reigns. Rich chairs of plush leather and a couch of snow-white silk. Paintings of sunrises and deserts are hanging about, alternating with various arcane runes etched into the
[19:50] <Kotono> walls. A fireplace burns in a gold-wrought fireplace. Standing here is radiance in the form of a woman. For a moment it is all you can see, your eyes needing moments to shake it off. Standing here is an angel with white hair, clad only pure light. It covers her completely, keeping her modesty to the utmost. "Syala." A one word introduction, "Sit down."
[19:52] <Jaela> "Jaela," she introduces herself, following the instruction and taking a seat rather than go through formalities their hostess clearly doesn't want at this time.
[19:52] <Afina> "Afina," the fairy introduces herself as she perches on one of the oversized seats. "Is Ebony...?" she trails off, unsure whether to ask after her location or health first.
[19:54] <Kotono> "She made it back to us," Syala sits on the white couch, "Barely. The spiritual poison from the creature that slew her is insidiously powerful. It clung to her soul like a sickness after she died and came with her all the way here. If Alicia and Antenora hadn't been nearby, she would have died or been corrupted.""
[19:56] <Afina> "They can do that?" Afina asks in horror. Why is it that devils have all the advantages?
[19:57] <Jaela> That can actually happen? Jaela never realized it might, if an outsider's soul was able to leave the realm where it was slain. She nods in acknowledgement, however. "It's good to hear that she made is back," she says. "Ebony was invaluable in the assault on Lixer's domain. We wouldn't have made it to his throne room without her, and that's no exaggeration."
[19:58] <Afina> "She saved us, and that's why they focused all of their hatred upon her," Afina agrees and elaborates.
[19:59] <Kotono> "Yes. It's the first time I've seen something that can do that. I suspect his father's dark hand is involved." Syala replies shortly, "She told me as much already. I accept that losses happen in battle." Leaning forward slightly, "But under the circumstances, I want Ebony's personal protections enhanced."
[20:00] <Jaela> "Of course," Jaela agrees without any delay. "We've used our funds to try and shield the officers better, but this was unexpected. Can you suggest any protections we should focus on?"
[20:02] <Afina> "I could make her another cloak like yours," Afina glances at Jaela. "We still have enough material for it."
[20:03] <Jaela> "It's a good thought," Jaela admits, "but we weren't really attacked in melee much, until the actual throne room. I was actually surprised by how things went."
[20:03] <Kotono> Snapping her fingers, a thin tome of rich brown leather and goldleaf appears before Afina. "There's the instructions to create a halo for Ebony to help protect her. Combine that with what else you can provide and she'll be better off."
[20:04] <Jaela> Ask and you shall receive. Jaela nods again, this time in gratitude. "We'll do our best."
[20:04] <Afina> "I'll get to it personally as soon as we return," Afina promises, accepting the tome.
[20:06] <Kotono> "Good. If Ebony returns to us like that again, I'm going to hold you two accountable," Giving them both a long, crushingly potent look, "The door there leads back to her bedroom. She's expecting you." Her face softens slightly, "She won't stop talking about the spell that the dark snow she saw inspired in her."
[20:07] <Afina> "I hope for something opposite of it..." Afina murmurs, still rising. "Thank you for your trust, we'll protect her with all we have."
[20:08] <Jaela> Ebony will tell them in good time. Standing up herself, Jaela offers Syala a proper bow.
[20:20] <Kotono> Ahead you find a bedroom. It's decorated much the same as the front room. Here a bed resides, covered in blue and white quits. Here Ebony lies, tucked in and with the tips of her wings poking out from above her, as if wrapped around her. Her ehes are half shut, one hand held by Antenora. Antenora sits besides the bed, rubbing Ebony's hand and murmuring gentle, soothing words. On coming close
[20:20] <Kotono> you can see that Ebony is as pale as milk, eyes unable to go much past cracked open. The richness of her voice is reduced to a mere whisper as Antenora ceases her singing, "Were we trumphant?" she asks, looking over to Jaela and Afina. Antenora is meanwhile clad in a white dress that seems nearly as bright as Syala's lights, save for the opal blue that shines here and there on her.
[20:22] <Jaela> "We crushed the opposition, brought the standing forces to a rout, slew Lixer's general and took possession of his documents." Jaela shrugs. "But even though we hit the castle pretty badly, Lixer himself wasn't present so it wasn't a perfect victory."
[20:24] <Kotono> "Then I can rest." Ebony says, eyes slipping closed. "I can barely keep my eyes open."
[20:24] <Afina> "We had to retreat in the face of Hellish reinforcements before we could completely sack it, but we did enough to set back the work there for centuries," Afina adds, fluttering over to sit on the opposite side of the bed from Antenora. "You protected us so well, Ebony. I'm sorry we couldn't do the same," she apologises, "Rest now, you deserve it."
[20:25] <Kotono> Ebony doesn't reply again. Her breathing has already become slower, deeply aslumber. Antenora shakes her head, speaking softly, "She's been drifting off like this, sleeping about four hours for every one she's awake."
[20:26] <Jaela> "Is there anything we can do? If not to speed up Ebony's recovery, then to make it easier on her?"
[20:26] <Afina> "It's a terrible ordeal, isn't it?" Afina whispers, remembering how Kascha got even talking about it.
[20:27] <Kotono> "Nothing but rest or time. She'll be out for hours now." Antenora rises, "Let's talk upstairs."
[20:29] <Afina> Patting Ebony's head gently, Afina stands up and takes flight to follow Antenora.
[20:32] <Kotono> Upstairs is through another door and up a flight of stairs. Here is a vast room, an arching dome above you. The floor is littered with oversized cushions of rich blue and soft white, each big enough for several people to lie on. In the back are a row of harps, lutes, flutes and other such things. As you step in, the domed ceiling above becomes transparent, letting in sun's light. Antenora glances
[20:32] <Kotono> up, "Latha's doing a good job today," she murmurs, mostly to herself, choosing the nearest cushion and sitting.
[20:33] * Afina takes a seat opposite and slightly to the side to give room for Jaela, waiting for the angel to start since she clearly has something to say.
[20:34] * Jaela sits down quietly.
[20:35] <Kotono> "Syala already talked to you?" A question she doesn't wait for an answer to, "You didn't get Lixer, did you?"
[20:36] <Jaela> "She did. And he wasn't there," Jaela affirms, grimacing. "Given we needed a special key from Lady Chan to even get to his place, we couldn't really ascertain his presence."
[20:37] <Afina> "He may have been with the reinforcements that arrived after we'd taken the castle, but the numbers were too much for us to defeat in such territory so we retreated before knowing either way."
[20:41] <Kotono> "I doubted you would," Antenora admits, "Diabolical nobility rarely fight unless the armies they command have all died and they have no choice." With a slight sigh at that, "You struck about the best blow you could have hoped to. You've done far better than most that have tried to take him down."
[20:42] <Jaela> "We're not really done," Jaela says, with a glance at Afina. "What we learned from his private correspondence may well allow us to set up another assault on the devils."
[20:44] <Afina> "It could cause a repeat of the trouble they had with that renegade pit fiend a few years ago," Afina puts in, trying to remember the name... Z-something. Nevermind. "Abigor's slated for execution and he doesn't even know it, but we have documents confirming it. If we make sure he gets them he might kill a few of his comrades before they kill him in turn."
[20:44] <Jaela> "I'm sure we could help them kill each other while they're preoccupied with that."
[20:46] <Kotono> To that Antenora smiles, "Really? Another Zquujaj?" Drumming her fingers on the pillow a moment, "I presume you have correspondence from someone with the authority to order that?"
[20:47] <Jaela> "Dagos. Sounds legit, doesn't it?"
[20:49] <Kotono> "Marshal Dagos?" Antenora whistles low, "That's one of the Dark Eight. They're technically not supposed to be involved in politics like that. However, as they coordinate the Blood War along with Bel, Abigor's follies would likely get them to discreetly meddle."
[20:50] <Jaela> "Aside from Abigor himself and those who might move against him on Lifasa and create a chance for us to act, can you think of anyone else we could send some of that correspondence over to?"
[20:54] <Kotono> "Before his recent political troubles, Abigor was well regarded." Antenora pauses to glance up, as if marshaling her thoughts. "There's been old and muted rumors that Mephistopheles has tried to get him to defect to his court. He eventually got another martially minded fiend there as his general. As for enemies, the rest of Bel's court doesn't like him. I imagine that's only gotten worse as he's
[20:54] <Kotono> stacked up failures the past few decades. I can think of a few people who would like to know, yes. If you provide me with copies and pass on when, I can see them spread to several interested parties."
[20:56] <Jaela> "Speaking of the letters, did you know that Glasya, aside from being all that she is, is also a devoted little sister? It was uncanny. Want copies of that?"
[20:56] <Kotono> "Yes," Antenora says, "Do you have copies on you right now?"
[20:57] <Jaela> "Actually yeah. There's no state secrets in them or anything so I can share those." With a snort, Jaela retrieves that particular set of letters. "If you're got some parchment lying around, Amanuensis will get you your very own copy for posterity."
[20:59] <Kotono> "I'll take care of it in a moment," Antenora says as she reads the letters. Whistling after the first one, "The first one is all but rubbing Glasya's superior status in Lixer's face. No devil could read that and not grasp the implied slights."
[21:00] <Jaela> "And yet he kept them so carefully preserved," Jaela muses. "Then again, he did it with a letter calling him diseased loin drippings or some such from some guy. Guess that says more about Lixer than it does about Glasya?"
[21:01] <Afina> "Maybe he likes to read them now and then to remind himself why he hates her?" Afina suggests. "Though they sounded polite to me..."
[21:01] <Jaela> "Yeah I'm sure that's just how she shows her love."
[21:05] <Kotono> "Mmm." Antenora murmurs, glancing at Afina, "She's reminding him that his 'little' castle holding are nothing compared to the full realm she commands. To a devil, nothing stings more than someone higher ranked flaunting it to you." Tapping the paper before reading the second, "...and the second's enough of an insult to start an eons long feud. Implying that marriage to a mere Duchess of Hell
[21:05] <Kotono> would improve Lixer's standings?" Antenora shudders, "That's a dreadful insult. In simpler terms, she told him to go rut with a mangy stray dog and bask in the reputation and prestige that bestowed on him - which is surely better than what he had before."
[21:06] <Afina> "Ahhh," Afina nods in understanding. "This is the sort of thing nobles have to deal with," she muses, sounding illuminated.
[21:07] <Jaela> "No kidding. Imagine she suggested he marry a baroness or something, they'd never find her body afterwards."
[21:09] <Kotono> "The third one is all but a command to a lesser, order Lixer to serve Glasya's will." Putting down the paper, "These would send even a cold, stoic devil into a howling rage." Cracking the slightest smile, "I suppose Glasya learned from Martinet in her father's court."
[21:11] <Kotono> "Oh," Antenora adds after a moment, "In information that may be more useful, the second also digs at Lixer's parentage. His mother was a mortal queen so proud and foolish as to summon Asmodeus. Lixer was the result of that union. A horror for her world and a source of subtle needling by pure devils untouched by the 'taint' of mortal blood."
[21:11] <Jaela> Even stoic devils must lack the basics of self-control, Jaela muses to herself. "As you can see, we found a bunch of weird stuff." She snaps her fingers, then. "Oh! Speaking of usefulness, do you mind if we asked you for your help with something?"
[21:11] <Afina> "Oh, Martinet? His forces came to relieve Castle Crumbling along with Lixer's at the end of the battle," Afina supplies, before wincing at the story of his parentage. Sounds like the Child of Lifasa except Ilsenine never asked for that.
[21:12] <Kotono> "That suggests Asmodeus was helping his son out." Pausing at that, "What is it?"
[21:15] <Jaela> "There's this staff we found that Lixer made along with Mephisto. Turns out that to break it we need the help of a fiend who turned to good, and considering the way you've been reforming them here...." Jaela trails off with a shrug. "Seems like we're on the clock with it, with something like a week before it shifts away unless we deal with it properly."
[21:17] <Kotono> "I'll be glad to help," Antenora says, "What is needed?"
[21:19] <Jaela> "Just for someone fitting that description to cry over it."
[21:20] <Kotono> "Tears...?" Antenora trails off,  "I have little to cry over, but for that I'll find a way."
[21:21] <Jaela> "It deadens the emotions and transforms the wielder, it seems," Jaela supplies. "So it doesn't have to be tears of sadness, seems like. Joy should work just as well."
[21:22] <Afina> "Or laughter?" Afina supplies helpfully.
[21:22] <Jaela> "Any emotion should carry the symbolism," Jaela agrees.
[21:36] <Kotono> "More fitting," Antenora says, "Alright then." Sitting back, "Will you be staying in Sylica while Ebony heals?"
[21:39] * Afina has things to do, but really they can wait a little longer and Ebony deserves to have someone around to know they care. "I'll go back to Aurora to make the Syala's halo for her, but that shouldn't take more than a day. I'll come back to keep her company once it's made."
[21:40] * Jaela hold the same opinion as Afina on this. "Can you pass on to Tepen to handle the integration of our new recruits? I'll be waiting here for your return."
[21:41] <Afina> "I'll put him in charge of that," Afina nods. "Is there anything else? Otherwise I can go now and be back sooner."
[21:43] <Jaela> "Maybe you could bring the copies of Dagon's letters with you, so we'll pass them on?" Jaela suggests. "But I think we're good, otherwise."
[21:44] <Afina> "Will do," Afina promises, heading out now. She can limited wish herself to Aurora once back in Ysgard and get to work then.
[21:46] <Kotono> OOC: Just going to stop by, get the halo, tell Tepen what's upand return?
[21:47] <Afina> OOC: *make, but yes
[21:49] <Kotono> OOC: Okay. I'll post the halo tonight since it's not critically important. Lemme move you two on a bit.
[21:51] <Kotono> Two days pass. It's days of waiting as Ebony largely slumbers, only stirring occasionally. After an evening of energetic card games with Antenora, Marie and more arguments over the ever changing rules than you thought possible, a night's sleep brings the next day. You find Ebony awake and sitting up. Her eyes are about half open and she looks mildly less miserable.
[21:52] <Jaela> "Morning," Jaela greets her, moving to face Ebony properly. "How are you feeling?"
[21:52] <Afina> "You look much better," Afina smiles encouragingly as she flutters around.
[21:57] <Kotono> "I'm relieved I do," Ebony replies, "It's much like being ill, only far worse and intense."
[21:58] <Afina> "Kascha told me what it was like for her, it sounds awful," Afina commiserates, "Is there anything you want right now? A bath, new sheets, something to eat?"
[21:58] <Jaela> Having actually been with Kascha during that recovery, Jaela winces at the memory before nodding at Afina's question.
[21:59] <Kotono> "A bath later," Ebony murmurs "There's something I learned. Watch."
[22:00] * Afina flies back to watch attentively, expecting something snow-based.
[22:03] <Kotono> Ebony sings a few notes, struggling to do so! Once she does a gentle white snow begins to fall all around you! It feels cold, but only in a way that numbs your pains. It washes away dirt, filth and misery from you, leaving you uplifted. In the snowstorm you can hear a beautiful, lilting song, even though Ebony does not sing any more. OOC: +4 morale to charisma and attack rolls, +4 insight to
[22:03] <Kotono> armor class, +1d6 cold damage to attacks, cold res 15 and fast healing 1.
[22:04] * Jaela claps!
[22:04] <Afina> "Oh, this feels amazing!" Afina gasps, before flying over to the bed, "But I hope it helps you as well, you shouldn't exert yourself right now otherwise."
[22:05] <Kotono> Ebony lies back heavily, "I dreamed of it after the black snow," she murmurs, "Something better than it. Winter is cold and cruel, but there's also warmth, fond memories and joy to be found in it. Not just coldness. Not just Cania."
[22:08] <Jaela> "It's a good song," Jaela tells her.
[22:09] <Kotono> Ebony smiles, "I'll be good to rise soon," she says, "My duty to Aurora isn't finished. Just let me rest a little longer."
[22:10] <Jaela> "Take as much as you need! Everyone's waiting for you to get back, so it's okay."
[22:11] <Afina> "We have time, and you deserve to take time towards ensuring you're completely recovered," Afina seconds.
[22:12] <Kotono> Slowly strugging to sit up, "It's wasteful to rest this much," Ebony says, "I want to be there to help in case there's retaliations."
[22:13] <Jaela> "Want to rest back at the Aurora, then?" Jaela suggests, as there's no problem accomodating Ebony. "You'll be with everyone, and it's just a quick trip away."
[22:13] * Afina puts some more cushions in to support Ebony's back while she considers Jaela's offer.
[22:16] <Kotono> After a moment to rest, Ebony answers by slowly standing. Her motions are stiff and cause a wince as she rises, but she manages it. She wears a simple silken shift of white, little more than accenting her beauty rather than hiding it. "Allow me a moment to put on a robe and cloak."
[22:16] * Jaela nods. "Sure thing. Let us know if you need help with that, alright?"
[22:17] <Afina> "Once you're done I've got something else for you," Afina adds, turning away to allow Ebony her modesty.
[22:18] <Kotono> Ebony manages to get both from a closet, slipping it on and getting her wings through a slit in the back. She walks slowly, like an elderly woman after a long, tiresome day. "What is it?" she asks.
[22:19] <Jaela> Once Ebony is decent, Jaela approaches her and carefully gathers her into her arms, whatever her protests might be. She's not going to be walking alongside Ebony like that all the way to the gate, that's for certain.
[22:20] * Afina procures the halo from where she'd left it on top of a dresser earlier, settling it atop her head. "Made to Syala's own specifications," she smiles.
[22:22] <Kotono> Ebony starts to protest, but the simple collapse of her body mutes it. She rests in Jaela's arms, looking over. The halo is a bright white, her hood falling back as Afina puts it into place. "It feels warm, safe and right," Ebony replies, her face framed in light from the halo. "Thank you."
[22:22] <Jaela> "It's no less than you deserve," Jaela insists, before glancing up at the halo curiously. "Warm, safe and right? Huh."
[22:24] <Afina> "It looks good on you," Afina compliments, fluttering back to regard her.
[22:24] <Kotono> "Mm." Ebony makes a thin little noise, eyes nearly shutting before she shakes her head. "Let's go. I fear my energy rebels at even this much."
[22:24] <Jaela> "Go ahead and sleep if you need to. We'll get you back safely."
[22:27] <Kotono> "I...stay awake..." Ebony murmurs, eve as he rhead droops down. "I'll stay awake."
[22:27] * Jaela cracks a grin, carrying Ebony outside and heading for Ysgard.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

#d

[19:47] <Kotono> Hours and hours and hours pass, of deep reading and comprehension. She eats the pickled newts and spreads the diamond dust, calling on the names of the crafting spirits and the forces of creation as she reads each difficult theory, building above and beyond what she had before! OOC: Roll an int check.
[19:49] <Afina> roll 1d20+10
[19:49] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+10 and gets 18." [1d20=8]
[19:50] <Kotono> It's hard going - oh so hard. Afina's mind struggles to comprehend everything in here, pushing magical theory beyond all limits! The book is relentless and the pages keep to seem turning ahead of their own volition. The candles are lit in a circle around a book, Afina continuing as best she can, as she focuses herself further! OOC: Int check again.
[19:51] <Afina> roll 1d20+10
[19:51] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+10 and gets 11." [1d20=1]
[19:55] <Kotono> It's no good. Afina finds herself lying on the floor staring up, mind overwhelmed. She is utterly dazed, the sound of the tome closing on its own not even registering with her. So many symbols! So much magic! Her mind is lost in tides of it, vivid hallucinations of revolutionary crafting theories passing by, yet always just outside of her range of comprehension! As she lies there, mind awash
[19:55] <Kotono> and awhirl, "Afina?" A voice faintly penetrates the haze, "Afina!" Crystal's voice! "Wake up!"
[19:56] * Afina says something that may be a word in some unknown language and rolls onto her back, eyes blinking open.
[19:58] <Kotono> Crystal stands over her. Behind her is Lief, and just in the edge of her vision past him is Sylvie and Stille. All are looking on in concern...wait, she's lying on the floor? Stille kneels next to her, "Did you faint?" he asks, a murmured word and a faint feeling of life and energy passing through Afina.
[19:59] <Afina> "Exhaustion," Afina fills in bluntly, lithely rising to her feet and then taking flight. "The book's too complicated for me."
[20:04] <Kotono> "Ah," Stille smiles, "Well then, General Afina Petalwisp, I shall be off. Sylvie and I were heading to see Ithea. I wish you a speedy recovery."
[20:04] <Kotono> Sylvie smiles momentarily at Afina, following without comment.
[20:08] <Afina> "Okay," Afina takes a breath and closes the book. "Sylvie when you have some time can you see me about dealing with the blade? For now I need a long soak."
[20:10] <Kotono> "Alright," Sylvie calls back. Meanwhile Lief flutters up, "I'll talk to you later then," he says, before glancing at the two of them with a big, shiteating grin, "Unless you'd like me to join you in the baths?" Shaking his head even as he says that, "Don't slow down, Afina. I'm catching up with you! Give me a few more months and I'll show you what it is to assassinate someone!"
[20:11] <Kotono> Crystal glances at him go, wryly smiling. "I think he likes you," she says, almost sing-songing it. "Are you done with that book?"
[20:14] <Afina> "I get that," Afina replies dryly to Crystal. "And yes, I need to spend a fortune in reagents to 'expand my mind' before reading it, so I won't try again for a while unless someone desperately wants me to make a super-legendary item for them."
[20:17] <Kotono> "You say it in such a cavalier fashion!" Crystal retorts, with a hint of a smile on her face. "Do you feel like going to fly? I recently found a secluded mountain spring higher up. It's incredibly cold but invigorating."
[20:20] <Afina> "Maybe that's more what I need than some dulling heat," Afina shrugs, "I can handle cold, now, at least. Lead the way?"
[20:29] <Kotono> You fly up and above. It's a good hour of flight, but you come to a rarified, high peak. Here you fly into a cleft of the mountains, coming into a hidden, sunny little valley. It's dominated by a still, crystal blue lake. It's surrounded by green moss and small hunks of ice serenely float within the lake.
[20:31] * Afina lands at the edge of the lake. "When'd you find this?" she asks idly, looking around a moment before she starts to disrobe.
[20:36] <Kotono> Crystal does the same, stretching once done. "I stumbled on it flying Hope." she says, "The Jarl is seeing to bringing him back, but there's more to it than a spell, as he's a paladin's steed."
[20:38] <Afina> "You can't go to Arborea and find him like with Kascha and Ebony?" Afina asks, fluttering over the water and dipping her toe in.
[20:41] <Kotono> GAH! COLD! It's so cold that Afina's toe goes numb! Crystal meanwhile flies over, about to dive in. "He's not a spirit, but a dragon. That further complicates things. There's several rituals to go through, and unfortunately beyond contributing my blood, sweat and hair for several ofthe rituals, it's not anything I can help with."
[20:42] * Afina shivers and draws her toe back. "Did you actually get in the water last time you were here?" she asks suspiciously.
[20:45] <Kotono> "Yes," Crystal says, and then jumps in! The still waters ripple as she plunges in, coming up after a few seconds, "I-i-it's f-f-f-f-fine!" Crystal calls, "Just c-c-c-c-cold!" Shivers wrack her, but she stays in.
[20:47] <Afina> "It's not 'just cold'!" Afina retorts indignantly. "It's really cold!" Significantly tempted to set a fire to warm the lake even with the guarantee of killing all the fish in it, she just grits her teeth and immerses herself. She's felt worse cold, after all, she shouldn't backslide on her training just because she got the water part down... and speaking of, being in water *does* feel good,
[20:47] <Afina> temperature notwithstanding.
[20:49] <Kotono> COLD! Afina goes numb instantly, down to the core of her being. Totally frozen and numb! Crystal comes nearby, fighting against her shivers. "R-refreshing," she says with a smile, "Once you g-get used to it.
[20:51] <Afina> "I-I'll b-bet," Afina retorts as she brings her head above the water. Belatedly she waves over towards their gear, summoning a troupe of large water elementals to watch over it so she doesn't have to be paranoid about watching it herself.
[20:53] <Kotono> Crystal gives them a glance, submerging all but her head in the blue waters. In a low voice, "You don't mind them watching us while we bathe?" she whispers. "It seems indecent."
[20:58] <Afina> "I met an earth elemental when Skye and I were both off on fey unison," Afina explains, "They don't get it, they barely register our existence... maybe more aware of mine since I'm partially water. Besides, how do you know they're not all girls?"
[21:00] <Kotono> Crystal blinks at that, struggling to answer before she at last shrugs. "I suppose." Turning away from them, "Have you seen that Leaf they claim is from Yggdrasil?" Crystal asks, "I've heard the rumors about it."
[21:03] <Afina> "I only saw it briefly... it makes me uncomfortable," she admits. "Supposedly it greatly enhances the magic of druids, yet does nothing for fey. It should, then, be put to best use by Muirfinn. But having an ignorant mortal who cares nothing for the Cycle bearing it makes me uncomfortable."
[21:04] <Kotono> "Curious. I would think it would enhance us instead of a druid." So admitting, "Though there are many a fey druid and nymphs all have that gift."
[21:08] <Afina> "I wouldn't expect it to do anything for me," Afina admits with resignation, "But for you our our Queen, or a dryad especially - though not Simmer, obviously. Perhaps there's some meaning I can't grasp, but it doesn't make sense."
[21:10] <Kotono> "It puzzles me. I want to see it myself to confirm this. Perhaps if a fey uses it, it will unlock another aspect?" she asks.
[21:14] <Afina> "Maybe," Afina agrees after a moment, not wishing to think of an alternative.
[21:14] <Kotono> "We should see Muirfinn and test it ourselves," Crystal says, going up and floating on her back in the cold waters. "Are you willing?"
[21:17] * Afina smiles sadly, "I'm not really a fey anymore, Crystal."
[21:26] <Kotono> "The leaf causes something in you, you said as much." With a pause, "Perhaps it could help you, even now."
[21:47] <Afina> "Or it's a cunning fake," Afina suggests. "An artifact to empower druids with a sympathy effect towards fey... no one living in Creation now can remember the World Tree, after all."
[22:01] <Kotono> "It may be so," Crystal admits, "Perhaps it's something we don't understand about Yggdrasil? Perhaps it will change a druid into a fey over time?" Suggesting as much before shrugging, "As none of us know, all we can do is guess."
[22:02] <Afina> "Or it's saying we're not as close to it as we'd like to think," Afina adds reluctantly. Even if she's not a fey anymore, she can't not include herself by saying we.
[22:05] <Kotono> "Troubling, but..." Admitting as such with a sigh, "I feel I'm as likely to go serve the Court as reincarnate," she admits, "I don't remember what happened after I fell in battle, but somehow that feels truthful."
[22:07] <Afina> Swimming easily closer to take Crystal's hand, "Wherever you go must be your own choice. Just as I made mine freely."
[22:08] <Kotono> Crystal takes Afina's hand and flips back over, so she can look eye to eye, "I know." she murmurs, "I wonder if perhaps I have already made mine. Perhaps we have another reason to be friends."
[22:10] <Afina> "It's still sad, though, and not to be celebrated," Afina says back, meeting Crystal's gaze with her own wistful look.
[22:11] <Kotono> That look is matched, "We make a pair of sorry fey."
[22:13] <Afina> "That we do."
[22:16] <Kotono> Sighing with a rueful smile, "But we go on. It's all we can do."
[22:18] <Afina> "Yeah... but for now lets just relax," she says, slipping her fingers free and drifting back to float idly in the freezing water. She doesn't feel like getting into the big 'rahrah free Lifasa and revenge on devils' bit right now.
[22:20] <Kotono> With that Crystal floats back as well, drifting off adn away. Silence follows in the numb waters, as...OOC: Could you make a quick will save, Afina?
[22:21] <Afina> roll 1d20+49 moment of prescience
[22:21] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+49 moment of prescience and gets 64." [1d20=15]
[22:23] <Kotono> As you drift in the waters, 'Excuse me,' A soft, gentle woman's voice in your mind. 'I'd like to talk to the two of you, but I don't want it to start on the wrong foot. Is it alright if I reveal myself?'
[22:24] * Afina straightens up and resists the urge to look around for the source of a telepathic voice. "Provided your sight doesn't inspire madness, petrification, or death."
[22:26] <Kotono> Crystal drifts on obliviously as meanwhile, 'It doesn't. It may cause a misunderstanding if I just appear, but I don't mean you any trouble.'
[22:27] * Afina sighs. "You're a devil, aren't you?"
[22:32] <Kotono> 'No!' A sharpnes of a now is followed by a grumbling, 'I can guarantee you I'm not one of those filthy things.'
[22:33] <Kotono> "What?!" Crystal blink blinks, splashing in the water and swimming upward, "Afina?"
[22:35] <Afina> "Telepathic conversation," Afina explains to Crystal. "Someone wants to talk to us but is afraid we'd misunderstand her appearance. But since she's *not* a devil and I can't think of anything else that would inspire a swiftly fatal misunderstanding she can go right ahead and appear."
[22:43] <Kotono> The woman thus appears. She is absolutely gorgeous - deep blue hair, clad in a clingy silk top that's little more than a bra and a short skirt. Her lush, ripe body screams sensuality, as she gracefully sways her hips and saunters over to the edge of the lake. She has the wings of a bat, decorated with golden piercings. "I am a succubus, if it is not obvious," she begins, "I specialize in
[22:43] <Kotono> negotiations, and there is someone who would like very much to negotiate with Aurora. If you're not interested, you can say so at any time and I'll leave you be.""
[22:45] <Kotono> Crystal whirls in the water, eyes narrowed and holy words on her lips. She holds just a moment, glancing at Afina.
[22:46] <Afina> "Tell us who you represent and we'll decide from that," Afina says, swimming a bit closer to the edge. While she understands that demons are bad news, she's never experienced any of that badness, and part of her just plain likes anyone who opposes devils, and the fact is that none of the planes fight against Hell harder than the Abyss does. She'd still prefer if this particular demon were with
[22:46] <Afina> Talos, though.
[22:48] <Kotono> "For the moment, allow me to say it is someone with ample reasons to hate Baator," The succubus says, "Who would be more than willing to work with you to put devils to the sword. Are you interested in this sort of alliance? If you aren't, my client would prefer to remain anonymous."
[22:49] <Kotono> Crystal's eyes narrow more, staring fiercely at the demon.
[22:52] <Afina> "Sorry, an anonymous partnership would just become exposed at the worst time, probably jeapordising our relationship with other allies," Afina shakes her head. "The best I can propose is if you provide a contact name we can then offer tips as to times that would be good to attack Baator while it is also being attacked from another front by ourselves."
[22:57] <Kotono> "I'll take that under advisement then," The succubus says, rising, "If this is agreeable, I'll have a message sent to you at the Aurora with further information. A pleasure," she adds in a throaty purr, before she is simply not there anymore.
[22:58] <Afina> "Aww, I was going to give her a freebie, too," Afina says before shrugging uncaringly and turning back to Crystal. "Isn't it funny how easily people can find us when we leave Aurora? We're lucky that wasn't a team of Spark Hunters."

Corwin

#ed

[19:45] <Kotono> Jaela heads to the temple of the Triune, vile robe with her. She finds Hanna lingering outside, meeting Jaela's eyes as she approaches.
[19:46] * Jaela raises the robe in lieu of greeting. "Want one too? I've got like a dozen."
[19:46] <Kotono> "No." Hanna shakes her head, "Hold on a moment."
[19:47] * Jaela pauses with a shrug. "Okay. Something wrong?"
[19:48] <Kotono> "Oh, I was just wondering how Mirajane is," Hanna says casually.
[19:49] <Jaela> "Elena!"
[19:52] <Kotono> Elena so appears. "Yes?" she asks, clad in a full body dog costume. A big hunting retreiver, "Woof!" she adds after, and with a sheepish smile, "I was going to talk to Galariel about getting some dogs around Aurora. Anyway, what do you need?"
[19:53] <Jaela> "Umm." She covers her eyes with her palm. "I didn't see this," she mutters to herself, before raising her voice. "Mom's being cute. Did anything happen to Mirajane in the hour I haven't seen her? Anything at all?"
[19:54] <Kotono> "Cute isn't the word," Elena gives Hanna a look, "Sexy and beautiful, but not cute. She's too tall for cute." Appraising with a sage nod, "She's asleep right now."
[19:55] <Jaela> "Thanks." Jaela gives Elena a curt nod and then turns towards her mother with a slowly developing frown. "So what was that all about?"
[19:57] <Kotono> "You spend days away from her tending to another, risk your life in battle regularly," Hanna shakes her head, "You know what this is about."
[19:58] * Jaela gives her an incredulous look. "The same battle where you lead a parallel team to ours? That battle?"
[20:03] <Kotono> "The battle where if the devils had a few more reinforcements you'd be a trophy for Lixer," Hanna says solemnly. Sighing a moment, "Look at the life you're leading. It's leading a good cause, but now more than ever you have to know the dangers involved. Do you think it's going to be any easier now that you've made an enemy of an arch-devil? Do you think this means you'll have more time for
[20:03] <Kotono> her and be more likely to come back to her after a battle?"
[20:05] * Jaela is peering at Hanna, now. "Do you want me to quit the army? We're the only ones here, so give me your honest opinion."
[20:08] <Kotono> "No." Hanna shakes her head. She glances around, no one else nearby. "You wouldn't do that anyway. A child and the life you're leading don't mix, unless you want to make orphans. I've seen it happens far too many times - a noble hero leaves behind their family, heading into death bravely."
[20:14] <Jaela> "I actually would. It's not like the front lines is the only way for me to fight for the Crusade." Jaela snorts. "No one's accused Old Man Tepen of being some useless or spineless burden on the war effort, have they? And if you're worried about what'll happen to Mirajane if something went badly for me? I speak from experience, here. She'd feel way better about it than to learn that she was just too much trouble to some hothead who dumped her on another at the first sign of strain. As for going away for a couple days on a good cause? Let's face it, she's a baby. I dunno how it's done in the Court, but where I grew up very few mothers actually stayed with their kids twenty four-seven. That's why nannies and the like are for, and I'm there for her the rest of the time." She pauses, and then holds out the robe to Hanna. "Wanna look into this thing for me? If you're worried I'm traveling too much, I'll just forego all that and leave this to you."
[20:23] <Kotono> "You're privileged," Hanna retorts, "Most mothers aren't so wealthy or in a society that has that sort of support." She gives the robe a dubious glance, "It may not be a bad idea," she admits, "I read those letters and that notebook Sylvie decoded. I think she's right to be worried about a sharp escalation of reprisals." Snapping her fingers, "Oh, and that reminds me. Marshal Dagos was lying
[20:23] <Kotono> in his letter. Queen Ilsenine's story mentioned that Dagos has been grooming Gathgorian to replace Abigor for years now."
[20:24] <Jaela> "Does it matter?" Jaela asks with a shrug. "We slip it to Abigor and a few others, and it's gonna cause trouble and stir unrest. All the good stuff."
[20:26] <Kotono> "It might," Hanna says, "Dagos lied an arch-devil. That could give him some serious political troubles if it became known. Unfortunately, we can't prove it, so it's not much more than a confirmation that devils are two faced liars." Lightly smiling, "So nothing changes from that. More importantly, it's possible that if Lixer realizes those letters have been taken that they'll move against
[20:26] <Kotono> Abigor before the information can be used against them."
[20:29] <Jaela> "A devil lied. I'm shocked, shocked!" Jaela shakes her head, placing the robe in Hanna's arms. "Anyway, have fun with it. Bring the Master along, or a couple capable officers if he's not able to come. For all we know, our enemies will try to retaliate against you as well." And while Hanna does that, Jaela will just visit Ebony with Mirajane.
[20:34] <Kotono> Ebony's quarters are decorated in white primarily, silk tapestries engraved with sunrises dominating. Her harps and gear lie on a nearby table, Ebony tucked into bed up to her chin. Sitting next to her is Canderella, reading from a thick tome. "...and then, Isabel said, "Well, my big and brave knight, how about I show you what being half ooze means?"" At this Ebony lightly sighs, looking
[20:34] <Kotono> up, "Jaela?" she asks. "Is that Mirajane?"
[20:36] <Jaela> "Yeah. Us visiting's not as great as torrid sex stories, but I figure it's new and exciting?"
[20:38] <Kotono> "No, it's far better than Canderella's stories," Ebony says, a distinct pall to her features. Canderella just chuckles, "Oh, should I retell the one about the kobold, the Inevitable, the succubus, the eye tyrant and the time they found the Grape Jam of Passion?"
[20:38] <Jaela> "Were you the succubus?"
[20:40] <Kotono> "Oh no," Shaking her head, "I wouldn't touch a kobold anyway." With a faint smile as she closes the book.
[20:41] * Jaela snorts. "Not interested, then." She glances curiously at Canderella. "Actually, there's something I wanna know. Aside from Ysgard, did you ever visit any of the other heavens?"
[20:43] <Kotono> "I've snuck into Arcadia once," Canderella says, "But generally it's best not to. The moment all those do gooders see my true form, it's screams about fighting to the death and purging the vile whore." Waving a hand negligently, "It
[20:43] <Kotono> "I've snuck into Arcadia once," Canderella says, "But generally it's best not to. The moment all those do gooders see my true form, it's screams about fighting to the death and purging the vile whore." Waving a hand negligently, "It's not worth the misunderstandings. The elemental planes don't care about that, so they're far more fun to study on."
[20:44] <Kotono> "Mmm," Ebony says with a light yawn, sitting back up. "There's one other succubus like you that I know of, but she has a goddess to vouch for her in Brightwater. She was also completely purified."
[20:45] <Jaela> "I figured I'd invite you to come with us to Celestia once you're better," Jaela tells Ebony, sitting down carefully on her bed. "Mirajane and me. From Candy's answer, she's not really interested in coming along."
[20:46] <Kotono> "I'm not," Canderella confirms, and with a shrug, "I don't have too much against the Heavens anymore, yet I'm not fond of most of them."
[20:47] <Kotono> As Mirajane looks around in babyish wonder, "I would be happy to," Ebony says, "Celestia is a beautiful, harmonious realm."
[20:49] <Jaela> "I never really got to see much of it, and I had all sorts of bad impressions. But I'm sure there's more to it since it has people like Morniel?" Jaela shrugs herself. "Is there anyone you'd like to invite along us three?"
[20:52] <Kotono> "Perhaps," Ebony says, "But right now I can't think of anyone suitable."
[20:54] <Kotono> "I'd say that's because they can't handle someone as free spirited as you," Canderella pipes up, "Really, anyone like that isn't going to get along with Celestia. They're so stuffy."
[20:55] <Jaela> "I figured Morniel or Drena might be up to it," Jaela muses, turning toward Canderella then. "There's that too, and their morals are all out of whack. But I figure it's possible to get along with the people as individuals, if not the realm as some official whole?"
[20:56] <Kotono> "Celestia's morals are not wrong," Ebony retorts, sitting up a little more.
[20:57] <Kotono> Reaching out to pat the top of Ebony's head, "Yes yes, Antenora," she smirks, as Ebony turns a decided shade of red. "Individuals are fine, I suppose. You can always help enhance their individuality rather than the same message they all have as part of Celestia."
[20:59] <Jaela> "The part I dislike is the heavy-handed way they do things, and how they use actual people as object lessons." Jaela grimaces. "Antenora never forced me into kneeling just for the sake of seeing me kneel and withholding her help otherwise. I mean, that's something I do, right? It says little about who or what I am, and there are better ways of finding that out. And that's just one example, really."
[21:02] <Kotono> "I always though Good were heavy handed fools until I realized they were right," Ebony says quietly, "What was heavy handedness in my arrogance was really strength, conviction and the will to help others improve themselves."
[21:03] <Kotono> Canderella goes, "Pfft," casually, "So you're saying they're doing it to help us?"
[21:05] <Jaela> "That's fine when it's about me, but this is something greater. Look, I'm not really out to argue theology or whichever, so I hope it doesn't get heated or anything. But if I were on their side, I'd have found some other way to work at things. We were going to and did end up offering them positions with the leadership, and a chance to observe us, right? It's way better to lead by example than teach by coercion. And it's no big secret that they're expected to pitch in, but we've yet to get a military force from Celestia. The Triad's waiting on that, which is another mess... but yeah, if we had even the Celestial troops, maybe we wouldn't have needed to pull back from Castle Crumbling when the counter-attack started?"
[21:06] <Kotono> "Your timing is amazing," Elena says as she appears, clad normally this time.
[21:06] <Jaela> "Thanks for not scarring my eye."
[21:06] <Kotono> "You're welcome," Replying deadpan, "They're just starting up the gates now. They should all be through in a few hours and then they'll march here."
[21:07] <Jaela> "Great! Let me know when the leadership comes through so I'll go out to meet them. For now, please see if Adrian and Misalea could handle it."
[21:11] <Kotono> "Adrian and Misalea are both on it already. So's Morniel - he came back through right away to coordinate on his end. Tepen's out there too, but he's just observing."
[21:14] <Jaela> "Great." Jaela grins at Elena, before telling Ebony, "Anyway, whatever my problems with Celestia it's got a bunch I want to learn, too. And maybe if we go together, the natives will take it easier and be more subtle about things? Plus, might be fun and Mirajane needs to travel more."
[21:25] <Kotono> "I'll be happy to go," Ebony says.
[21:27] <Jaela> Her grins widens. "So what else do you do for fun while recovering? Aside from that book, I mean."
[21:30] <Kotono> "Sleep," Ebony admits, "Silent prayer." After that Canderella smiles, "I feel the empty spaces with what I can, like the tale of the cute little courier girl and the baker, the candlestick maker, the butcher, the fisherman, the bookbinder, the tanner," Ticking off fingers, "The greengrocer, the seamstress, the farmer, the farmer's daughter, the...well, you get the picture."
[21:30] <Kotono> "What Canderella is saying is that she's having too much fun getting me to react," Ebony says, albeit with the slightest chuckle.
[21:33] <Jaela> "Do you actually have a touching story hiding somewhere among all the smut?" Jaela asks curiously. "I dunno, something romantic?"
[21:35] <Kotono> "With you so ill I have to fall back on the most common stereotypes of our kind," Canderella sniffs, with a fond smile coming. "Oh, I have a few. I personally prefer them to more erotic stories. It's more fun to tell more provocative stories, though."
[21:38] <Jaela> "You have sick people and impressionable kids around! So how about sharing one of those more suitable tales?"
[21:44] <Kotono> "Hm." Canderella hums, "How about the ballad of Princess Esta and Prince Farmaway?"
[21:44] <Jaela> "Sounds good!" Jaela glances down at the baby in her arms. "What do you think, Mirajane? Do we wanna hear it?"
[22:04] <Kotono> Mirajane stirs and awakens, looking about. She focuse son Canderella only a moment, Ebony seeming to get much more of her attention. She looks long at her instead, and in a cute voice, "Momma...Angel?" she looks up at Jaela and then back at Ebony.
[22:06] <Jaela> "Yes, it's an angel," Jaela tells her happily. "Her name is Ebony. Doesn't she have a lovely halo? Yes she does~"
[22:09] <Kotono> "Oh!" Ebony sits up, "I didn't know she was speaking yet!"
[22:09] <Jaela> "Mirajane learns very quickly~"
[22:10] <Kotono> "Angel. Momma." Mirajane repeats, as Jaela feels something from her arm. Wings emerge from Mirajane's back as she takes to the air, flying around Jaela. "Mother. Angel. Slaad." The third word is directed to Canderella.
[22:11] <Kotono> Canderella's eyebrow twitches, but she holds her tongue.
[22:13] * Jaela times things so that when Mirajane completes another circle around her she gathers the little angel into her arms once more. "You're a very smart girl, Mirajane~" she commends her, brushing her short hair with her hand. "Do you like Aunty Slaad? She wants to tell us a story. Isn't that nice?"
[22:17] <Kotono> "I am not-" As Canderella protests, Mirajane kicks her legs out. Legs that are growing longer as you watch, then the rest of her body starts to follow suit!
[22:20] <Jaela> It's surprising to have it happen, even though Jaela knew it might, intellectually. But surprised or not, she keeps a firm grip on Mirajane to keep her safe and after a few moments adjusts her position to make the magical growth spurt easier upon her. Clothing would be a more difficult prospect, but in this case she can spare a Miracle in the aftermath to make Mirajane comfortable.
[22:22] <Kotono> Mirajane's clothes strain before splitting. The baby grows to about 3 or 4 years old, quite a lot more to hold! As Ebony watches with wide eyes, Mirajane looks about. Her gaze takes everything in around, as if seeing it for the first time.
[22:27] <Jaela> She still has her old ceremonial robes with her, and Jaela takes them out. Using Miracle to get them to be a perfect fit while becoming more comfortable than they could ever be naturally is perhaps overkill, but Jaela doesn't hesitate in that. "Do you like it?" she asks as the magic subsides. "Mommy can teach you how to cast that sort of magic~"
[22:32] <Kotono> As Ebony watches with a smile and Canderella still sputters, "Magic." she agrees, "Bless." She says but that single word, as holy blessings fill Jaela and company! OOC: Bless spell, normal effects for it.
[22:33] <Jaela> Laughing, Jaela adds her own blessing upon the group. "Bless!"
[22:45] <Kotono> Ebony joins in the laughter, as Canderella merely looks perplexed. Mirajane looks up to Jaela, smiling happily.
[22:46] <Jaela> "Mirajane is a good girl~" Jaela coos, patting her head.

Corwin

#d

[03:38] <Kotono> Rest and recovery comes with great relief. Muirfinn settles into his room, his downtime finally interrupted by a steady, rapping knock on his door.
[03:39] * Muirfinn blinks before composing himself and heading to the door. He opens it, greeting the visitor warmly!
[03:43] <Kotono> Ahead of you is Mirima. "Muirfinn?" She offers a hand out to him. She looks normal enough, a slight, polite smile on her face. "Hell of a battle."
[03:44] * Muirfinn takes the gand and shakes it firmly, thinking that he's finally getting hold of these mammal cultures! "Mirima! Good to see you. What brings you to my humble room?"
[03:46] <Kotono> Her grip is soft - not weak, but her hand is quite soft indeed, not a hint of callus. "I heard about how you fought on the first attack team."
[04:17] <Muirfinn> "Ah yes? You did?"
[04:18] <Kotono> "Yeah," Mirima says, "Do you mind if I come in?"
[04:19] * Muirfinn steps aside. "Please."
[04:21] <Kotono> Mirima sashays in, all fiery grace and well toned movements. She doesn't walk in as much as struts in, brushing a bit of fiery hair out of her face. She goes to sit at Muirfinn's desk, "Everyone had to fight, but the attack teams were especially favored. It's rare to get a chance to fight that caliber of opponents."
[05:19] * Muirfinn frowns. "Indeed, though I don't doubt that we'll see their like again. After all, Lixer yet lives, and Lifasa remains unliberated. In all, it was a short series of skirmishes that -unfortunately for us- will not repeat in its ease. I fully expect that our next attempt on Castle Crumbling will result in a more pitched and heated battle. Pragmatically, while we lost Ebony, Crystal, and
[05:19] * Muirfinn Hope. we only lost Ebony, Crystal, and Hope."
[05:24] <Kotono> Mirima inclines her head forward in a small nod, "That's true."
[05:26] * Muirfinn putters around, fixing a small bit of dried meat into a knotted bundle before tossing it next to a dozing Chok. The lizard rumbles softly but otherwise doesn't move. "I have heard of you, Mirima. You are a creature of drive and passion, yes?"
[05:27] <Kotono> "I prefer excitement to be in there, but yes," She says, "I haven't gotten to know everyone on Aurora yet, so here I am."
[05:33] * Muirfinn nods. "A worthy goal. The Aurora is home to so many diverse people. It is a wonderous place, though the excitement here can be mundane. Often the most exciting thing is when Elena gets it into her head to attempt a new way to woo Galariel." He chuckles.
[05:35] <Muirfinn> "Which, incidentally, is why I try to leave as often as I can. Not becauseI dislike the place, of course. I prefer to be an emissary to the rest of the planes for us. Thus far, I don' believe that I've failed."
[05:36] <Muirfinn> "The recent mess with the Lannark Imperium has thus far gone relatively smoothly, considering dragons are involved."
[05:39] <Kotono> "Mmm-hmm?" Mirima half asks, but is cut off. There's a knock on the door, causing Mirima to glance back at it. "Expecting company?"
[05:41] <Muirfinn> "It is always best to expect company, especially when you already have unexpected company." Muirfinn says with a curly smile. He excuses himself around Mirima and opens the door.
[05:44] <Kotono> Before you is HOLY FUCKING SHIT! A person in a helmet fashioned as a skull is there. Seeing that helmet sends a thrill of pure terror through Muirfinn! The voice that comes from it sounds impressively dreadful, "Hello Muirfinn."
[05:48] * Muirfinn blinks very slowly, glowy azure eyeballs closing and opening wide. With great effort, he maintains his composure, though behind him and Mirima, Chok abruptly shifts from sleeping to fully alert, his head rising so swiftly and suddenly off the ground that is should have made a noise. "Ah...hello."
[05:48] <Muirfinn> OOC: That didn't come out nearly as well as I thought it would ._.
[05:49] <Muirfinn> OOC: You get my meaning. Chok's not asleep. He is watching. Like a velociraptor from Jurassic PArk. WATCHING.
[05:50] <Kotono> Mirima starts and stumbles out of her chair, fumbling for her sword! Meanwhile the man chuckles, like the sound of rasping death. "I can see your heart beating," he declares, like a fearful tyrant declaring your execution. Pausing, he reaches up and takes off the helmet. Beneath you find it is Adrian, "Impressive, isn't it?"
[05:52] <Muirfinn> "Amuuuuusing." Muirfinn drawls as Chok gets up to cautiously sniff at Adrian now that his master has calmed. "Nice hat."
[05:57] <Kotono> "Thanks," His voice is back to normal, until he puts it back on again. Going on in that horrible voice that brings instinctive terror to you, "Heh, Misalea kicked me out until I get bored of wearing it." He looks down at Chok, "Hello Chok." Like the absolute tones of death, Adrian greets your companion.
[05:58] <Kotono> "I can see why!" Mirima stares at Adrian, "Adrian, that thing makes you sound like a fiend of terror! Take it off!"
[05:59] <Muirfinn> "Ahhh, that's probably not a-" CHOMP! Chok abruptly sinks his teeth into Adrian's leg!
[05:59] <Kotono> OOC: Snerk. Make an attack roll for Chok.
[06:00] <Muirfinn> roll 1d20+21
[06:00] * Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d20+21 and gets 38." [1d20=17]
[06:00] <Kotono> OOC: Roll damage.
[06:01] <Muirfinn> roll 1d6+3+3 POISON! Fort save time!
[06:01] * Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d6+3+3 POISON! Fort save time! and gets 7." [1d6=1]
[06:02] <Kotono> roll 1d20+29 (does not auto fail on a 1)
[06:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+29 (does not auto fail on a 1) and gets 36." [1d20=7]
[06:02] <Muirfinn> OOC: DC 15. He autosucceeds.
[06:02] <Kotono> OOC: What do Chok's attacks count as?
[06:03] <Muirfinn> OOC: Painful.
[06:03] <Kotono> OOC: Magic?
[06:03] <Muirfinn> OOC: Nope. Piercing.
[06:04] <Kotono> Adrian's leg is bit - yet no blood is drawn! "Muirfinn," The ghastly voice commands, "Control your pet!" He takes a few steps back, and utters like the voice of eternal doom, "Or you'll regret it, lizard!" OOC: What's Chok's int?
[06:05] <Muirfinn> "That WAS rather foolish, Adrian. He's an animal. You don't go around just scaring animals. You're likely to get bit. Like that." OOC: 2
[06:06] <Kotono> OOC: He's attempting to intimidate him. See here to calculate the modifier of Chok's opposed check.
[06:06] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[06:06] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+11 and gets 30." [1d20=19]
[06:10] <Kotono> OOC Whoops, forgot the link. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm'
[06:10] <Kotono> OOC: Minus the ' at the end.
[06:10] <Muirfinn> Chock rears back, terror filling his eyes for a brief second before he darts forward, letting out a loud snarl and leaping into the air, all four sets of claws wirling like a wall of blades...only to meet the festively-colored yet rock-solid shell on Muirfinn's back. OOC: It's okay, he bombed it. No ranks and a CHA of 12.
[06:12] <Muirfinn> "Chok! Heel." The reptile hisses menacingly at Adrian. "Adrian, take off that ridiculous hat. Frightening a predator is much different from frightening a rabbit. You're provoking him, not scaring him off!"
[06:13] <Kotono> "Fine," Adrian does just that, "I had no idea," His voice returns to normal once it's off, "The intimidation factor is only a side effect, anyway. The main reason I'm wearing it is because...well..." Offering it to Muirfinn as Mirima sighs and rubs her temples, muttering about men, "Put it on and see."
[06:16] <Muirfinn> "Chok, sit. Calm." Muirfinn tells the reptile. It grudgingly does so, looking about jerkily. Muirfinn takes the helmet and looks at Adrian. "LEt's see what this is about then."
[06:16] * Muirfinn carefully puts the helmet on.
[06:19] <Kotono> The world becomes tinted dull black. Adrian is gone - in his place his skin and flesh peels away, revealing organs and skeleton beneath! Veins, organs and such glow an angry red, seeming to throb out with startling visibility. You can see Adrian's heart beat as he replies, "It makes aimed and precise attacks easier and more effective. Elder Magi Tepen told me the spell behind it was designed as
[06:19] <Kotono> a healer's aid, but the use for warfare quickly became apparent."
[06:21] * Muirfinn looks around with it, amazed. Finally he takes off the helmet. "I can see the healing applications immediately. Very useful, though a bit visceral. The vocal change is an unfortunate side effect, as is the appearance." He offers it to Mirima.
[06:22] <Kotono> Mirima shakes her head, "No thanks."
[06:23] * Muirfinn shrugs, handing it back to Adrian. "An interesting find. Is it from the raid on Castle Crumbling?"
[06:23] <Kotono> "It's something. It's good when we're going out to war, but otherwise it's staying off." Taking it back, "Yeah. I'm not fond of using devil leavings, but this is too useful."
[06:24] * Muirfinn nods. "So long as it is not inherently destructive or evil, I have no qualms with using their resources agains t them. In fact, it's sound strategy."
[06:26] <Muirfinn> "May I impart a bit of advice, though?"
[06:26] <Kotono> "Sure," Adrian says back.
[06:29] <Muirfinn> "I have been alive a long time, and have seen much. In my experience with my wife, and from watching my sons and daughters grow and marry, I have learned one important thing. Do not anger your wife overmuch, Adrian. A woman can only be pushed so far before she turns you on your head and makes you look like a fool. If you know what I mean."
[06:30] <Kotono> "Ahahahahahhaha," Adrian laughs, "I know, I know. I'll make it up to her. Anyway, I need to get going. Before I quit doing this, there's someone who absolutely has to see this."
[06:31] <Muirfinn> "By all means. Just remember what I told you. And about animals. If it has pointy teeth or claws made for killing, it's best not to poke it with a short stick."

Corwin

#d

[19:43] <Kotono> "That is disturbing," Crystal admits, before glancing askance at Afina, "Is there anything that stops someone from lingering outside of Aurora and merely following us?"
[19:44] <Afina> "Only the slim chance of discovery by others coming and going," Afina says, pushing herself out of the water and taking flight over to where she left her clothes. Thankfully she doesn't even need a towel, water just steaming right off of her and leaving behind just the usual clamminess. "Come on, lets go back. I have to do something about a devil, anyway."
[19:46] <Kotono> Crystal shakes herself dry, brushing water off her wings and limbs. "I'd be stunned if this hasn't happened before, but I fear there's nothing to be done for it," Crystal admits, dressing as well.
[19:48] <Afina> "Better protections against scrying and more aggressive patrolling around Aurora would help. Or being more mobile, we've been here in Ysgard for long enough that anyone can come find us with ease."
[19:50] <Kotono> "We've put down roots." Crystal agrees, "I don't doubt our position stops aggressive reprisals, but I also don't doubt that the devils merely switch to being sneaky." Once dressed, "Perhaps it would be wise to move to Arborea or another celestial realm?"
[19:52] <Afina> "Having a random rotation would be for the best," Afina adds, taking flight now and starting to head back to the fortress.
[19:57] <Kotono> The flight back is brief - only about half of it. Below you can see several portals - several rows of angels and lantern archons are already through. With them is Morniel and Elder Magi Tepen, the two talking as more come through the portals.
[19:59] <Afina> "Oh, that must be our promised contribution from Celestia. It's nice to see them making good on that," Afina approves, "Lets go join them?" she suggests to Crystal, flying down towards Tepen and Morniel.
[20:01] <Kotono> As you descent you see both look up to greet you, "Afina, Crystal," Morniel speaks, voice rich and deep, "The armies of the Heavens arrive." Turning to the soldiers, "This is General Afina of Aurora and General Crystal of the Court of Queen Ilsenine." The lines of soldiers come to attention, saluting.
[20:04] <Afina> Nodding to Morniel, Afina turns towards the celestials, appraising them with a blank expression before she shows a smile. "Welcome to Aurora. With the help of each of you, we're that much closer to freedom and justice for Lifasa," she calls, cutely high voice carrying well from all her practice at military shouting despite her inability to muster any sort of regal or commanding pitch.
[20:08] <Kotono> Crystal adds her own in, "We expect your all to right what once went wrong," she says, gaze sweeping over them, voice carrying better and with a little bit more authority than Afina's - but it's still the cute voice of a pixie.
[20:10] <Kotono> You get salutes back and a chorus of, "Yes ma'ams!".
[20:13] * Afina nods briskly, "Carry on then, you're in good hands with these two," she gestures to Morniel and Tepen before conversing more quietly with the pair, "Everything going well, I hope?"
[20:15] <Kotono> "Yes," Morniel replies, "Once everyone has come through the portal, we're marching to Aurora."
[20:16] <Afina> "Good. I've got something else I need to take care of, so I'll speak to you both later," Afina tells them before she heads inside herself.

[20:22] <Kotono> OOC: What's your plan now?
[20:27] <Afina> OOC: get the letter from Dagos then go find a nearby cave. Block the entrance with a prismatic wall then make a magic circle/dimensional anchor binding circle. Planar Binding that spinagon, offer him some cash to deliver the letter to Abigor.
[20:28] <Afina> OOC: also disguise myself with alter self as... something.
[20:30] <Afina> OOC: also use a time stop near the cave to dash in without being seen by any stalkers
[20:33] <Kotono> OOC: Okay. What exactly are you altering yourself into?
[20:35] <Afina> OOC: A generic looking tiefling.
[20:41] <Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[20:41] <Kotono> OOC: What save/DC?
[20:41] <Afina> OOC: DC 29 will
[20:45] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[20:45] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+11 and gets 18." [1d20=7]

20:45] <Kotono> With a writhing burst, your target appears! It is a spinagon - one with well buffed spines and scales, eternally grinning mouth full of sharp teeth. It wears a golden ring on one finger, thrashing at the circle as it appears!
[20:47] <Afina> "Bullrud," Afina greets, her voice as unremarkable as her appearance, like a typical human woman with just the faintest unnatural edge to hint at a fiendish heritage, "I wish for you to deliver a letter to your master, Abigor."
[20:48] <Kotono> The thing looks up at Afina with contempt that melts into an ingratiating grovel, "Yes, sorceress. A simple task."
[20:50] <Afina> "Indeed, and so merely justifies a simple payment," Afina agrees, placing the sealed letter under a stack of ninety nine gold coins at the edge of the binding circle. "Do you agree to the terms?"
[20:56] <Kotono> "Very well," It says, "The terms are agreed."
[20:58] * Afina steps forward and draws a toe through the outer edge of the circle, destroying its ability to contain the fiend. "Take them and I will send you back to Avernus."
[20:59] <Kotono> The coins and letter are taken! "So be it, mortal," it hisses.
[21:00] * Afina places a hand on Bullrud's brow and invokes a limited wish to plane-shift him back to Avernus.
[21:01] <Kotono> In that instant he is gone, leaving Afina be! OOC: Going back now?
[21:02] <Afina> OOC: I'll cover my tracks by dropping an SLA ice storm on the circle, change back to myself and drop the prismatic wall before going back, yeah.
[21:07] <Kotono> OOC: Okay. More.
[21:08] <Kotono> On Afina's return, she finds Lady Skye awaiting her. "Afina," she calls once she passes through the gates.
[21:09] <Afina> "Hello, Skye," Afina flutters over to stop before her. "Something you need?"
[21:10] <Kotono> "Her Majesty wishes to see you," Lady Skye says.
[21:11] <Afina> "Then I'll go right away." She really should be planning ways to take advantage of the ensuing chaos in hell, but she just can't say no to the woman.
[21:14] <Kotono> You go to meet Queen Ilsenine. You find her sitting on her throne, a faint smile on her face as Afina approaches.
[21:16] * Afina lands before the throne and kneels, awaiting her command. It is nice to see Ilsenine smiling, though, so it's worth the trip already.
[21:21] <Kotono> "Afina, there's one little thing I need you to take care of," she begins, "I've heard about a potential Leaf from Yggdrasil that has come into Aurora's possession. I'd like you to borrow it for me."
[21:23] <Afina> That's not one of her usual euphemisms, so at least she isn't asking for Muirfinn to be savagely murdered. Probably. But it's such a trivial task to ask an assassin that Afina almost tells her to do it herself. Almost. "Elena?" she summons said blue girl dutifully to carry out this task.
[21:24] <Kotono> Elena so appears! "Yes?"
[21:24] <Afina> "Can you tell me where Muirfinn is, please?"
[21:24] <Kotono> "In his quarters," Elena replies after a beat.
[21:24] <Kotono> "Afina," Queen Ilsenine says right after.
[21:25] <Afina> "Thank you." She stands up. "I'll- oh, yes, your Majesty?"
[21:26] <Kotono> "I have heard it fascinates our kind," she goes on, "If myself or another is unwilling to let go of it, I trust you to gently take it from them. This is why I chose you for this simple task and not another."
[21:27] <Afina> "I see. I'll be back presently, your Majesty." Not like it doesn't fascinate her, too...
[21:28] <Kotono> As you head out and through the portal, Elena follows. Once out, "Oh, Afina," she adds.
[21:29] <Afina> "Yes?"
[21:31] <Kotono> "What's the big deal about this leaf? All the fey have been going on about it since word spread," Elena says.
[21:34] <Afina> "It's supposedly a leaf from the tree upon which all of creation grew," Afina replies. "But apparently it obsesses its original stewards - or at least their descendants. And acts as a powerup for a water-loving turtle who cares more about dreams of water than the source of the world. Also it's awfully small for a leaf from the World Tree," she rattles all that off before shrugging. "I hope it's
[21:34] <Afina> a fake."
[21:35] <Kotono> "Sore spot?" Elena says curiously. "Is it possible just to go to Yggdrasil and find out?"
[21:38] <Afina> "If it's genuine it says something about fey, and not a good thing," Afina replies with a frown. "And the World Tree is unreachable by any means I can imagine. The memory of its existence is only locked deep down in the most ancient memories of every fey, from our first existence when Creation was young - or perhaps not even born, yet. It's hard to tell, our memories of previous lives are hard
[21:38] <Afina> to reach even for the most recent ones."
[21:41] <Kotono> "Why not find a way if you're so upset?" Elena shrugs, "That's what all of you do most of the time and it works."
[21:43] <Afina> "As far as I comprehend the only way to reach it is to die," Afina tells Elena, waiting a second before adding, "And even that path is barred to me now that my death would just pull me to Water or Fire instead."
[21:47] <Kotono> "So it's on an Outer Plane?" Elena asks, "That's where souls go when they die, right?"
[21:55] <Afina> "No, the Outer Planes came after," Afina shakes her head, putting off her mission to explain things to Elena. "In the beginning - or at least the earliest we can fathom - there was the World Tree. From its branches fell seeds, which became worlds - what are now called Prime Materials by most. The fey were the first inhabitants, but then came others - humans, dwarves, dragons... and in the
[21:55] <Afina> beginning, all who died would Cycle through the World Tree, being reincarnated on a different world in due time. But the other creatures had dreams, and those dreams held power in them - from them concepts solidified... it was dreams of heroism and glory for example that would have formed the basis upon which Ysgard would form. And when these primal dreamers died, they desired so strongly to
[21:55] <Afina> continue their dreams that they left the Cycle completely, beginning to populate these dream realms that would become Outer Planes. But still having agency and power in these realms, and influence to touch upon the world once more, they created a spiral that built on itself again and again, solidifying the power and hold of the Outer Planes and their first occupants who would become rulers,
[21:55] <Afina> Gods, and Powers. So you see, what happens when a human dies is far different from what happens when a fey dies."
[21:58] <Kotono> "That's interesting," Elena says, thoughtfully nodding by the end of it. "I've never heart of that particular story. So fey believe it's all about dreams and power?"
[22:03] <Afina> "The dream aspect no longer matters, dreams in this age hold little power and the Outer Planes have long since established their reality," Afina shakes her head. "This is just ancient history and our understanding of how everything came to be. It has little relevance to current fey philosophy; that's all about the movement of the seasons, the strength of growth or decay."
[22:05] <Kotono> "Well, that Leaf doesn't seem to have anything to do with either. It energizes magic with life energy instead, doesn't it?" Elena replies, "That doesn't really fit."
[22:09] <Afina> "No, that fits with Seelie beliefs in the primacy of life," Afina interjects. "But - much as we fight over it - all worlds are created with Summer and Winter. And our Unseelie 'friends' revere the Cycle every bit as much as the rest of us... so again, that perhaps marks it as a fake. Or perhaps not, for the World Tree is still the root of Creation and life, even renewing us from death. You see,
[22:09] <Afina> it's not an easy thing to just decide on, is it?"
[22:16] <Kotono> "Hm." Humming, "Now I'm all curious," she grumps, "And I bet that no one's going to have the answer." As you linger before the portals, "Maybe I should ask Kascha or Hanna...the eladrin have ties with the fey, don't they? Maybe they'd know. Have you ever asked them yourself?"
[22:17] <Afina> "Asked them what?" Afina blinks, wondering what they could know that would be helpful in matters of sylvan philosophy.
[22:19] <Kotono> "About that Leaf or about getting to the World Tree," Elena says, "Maybe they'll know more."
[22:21] <Afina> "I doubt they'd know about the World Tree, but maybe they have some magic to tell if it's a fake?" Afina hazards. "Anyway, I'm going to go ask Muirfinn to borrow it."
[22:24] <Kotono> "That's what I'm hoping," Elena says, "If I find anything out, do you want to know?"
[22:26] <Afina> "Oh, yes. Thanks. Always nice talking with you, Elena," she gives the blue girl a smile in parting as she heads for the portal.
[22:29] <Kotono> "Oh!" Elena calls, "One more thing!"
[22:30] <Afina> "Yes?" Afina stops and turns around.
[22:32] <Kotono> "Thanks!" With a smile and a wink, "Hold on a moment!" Elena vanishes, only to reappear moments later! She's dressed like Afina, even with wings on her back! "Tada!"
[22:33] * Afina leans over to scrutinise her. "If I was blue and had round ears this would be uncanny."
[22:36] <Kotono> With a naughty little grin, "Now if I could get someone to dress up like Queen Ilsenine or Crystal," she says, "For a matching set!"
[22:37] <Afina> "No one loves dressup like you do," Afina shakes her head. "But next time you visit either you can wear that and see what they say?"
[22:46] <Kotono> "Okay!" Elena grins and vanishes, reappearing moments later dressed up like Crystal. "Like this?"
[22:48] <Afina> "Yes, exactly like that," Afina nods gravely.
[22:52] <Kotono> "You two fit together so well," Elena nods, coming to stand besides the much smaller Afina. "You seem like such good friends."
[22:55] <Afina> "We get along well," Afina smiles agreeably, "It's surprising, we'd never said a word to each other all the time we lived in the Gloaming Forest..."
[22:55] <Kotono> "Well," Nodding, "Desperate times make for fast friends," Elena says sagely, and a little quieter, "Being lonely hurts."
[22:58] <Afina> "Yes. Yes it does," Afina nods, miming as if to pat the intangible girl's arm.
[22:59] <Kotono> Smiling now, "But I'm not anymore! Neither are you, right?"
[23:01] <Afina> "No I'm not. You're a good friend, Elena. I'm glad we found you, and not for the super-fortress," Afina smiles mischeviously.
[23:03] <Kotono> "Now since you're my friend," Elena giggles, "That means I have to get you and Lief together." Nodding sagely again.
[23:04] * Afina blinks. "Where did that come from?"
[23:05] <Kotono> "Oh well..." Suddenly Elena blushes, "I thought...I mean today when you and Crystal talked, she said he liked you, and I figured maybe you were interested too?" Pushing a pair of fingers together, "Was I wrong?"
[23:08] <Afina> "If I was I'd have done something about it a while ago," Afina waves a hand negligently. "Don't get me wrong, if I had the urge he'd have as good odds as anyone. But I really don't feel like it."
[23:09] <Kotono> "Oh." Elena exhales, "So it's that and it isn't that you'd prefer a bigger person, or Ilsenine or Crystal?" Elena asks, "Sorry! I just thought...well..." Blushing even more, "It sounded like a good idea at the time!"
[23:12] <Afina> "When I regain my libido I'm sure you'll be the first to know," Afina tells Elena dryly, shaking her head in slight amusement at the girl's embarrassment.
[23:13] <Kotono> "Um...waitasec! Are you..." Elena turns redder, "I'm loyal to Galariel!" she eeps, before vanishing!
[23:15] <Afina> "Not what I meant..." Afina mutters, finally resuming her journy to find Muirfinn.

Corwin

#ed

[19:43] <Kotono> "Magic," Mirajane repeats, "I'll learn magic."
[19:44] <Jaela> "I'll teach you," Jaela is all too happy to promise. "And once you're big enough, how to handle weapons as well! It's pretty important to know how to protect yourself."
[19:48] <Kotono> "Okay," Mirajane says, "Teach me!"
[19:49] <Jaela> The Miracle left her somewhat drained, but her innate abilities are close enough to magic to work. "This is a very important spell, so watch carefully!" she cautions, before reaching out towards Ebony and channeling through a cure spell.
[19:49] <Jaela> OOC: CSW SLA
[19:51] <Kotono> The magic is channeled! A moment later Mirajane nods, "Healing," she says, the exact same spell repeating from her!
[19:52] <Kotono> At this point Canderella leans forward, "She's showing innate sorcery already?" she asks, "Precocious little girl."
[19:52] <Jaela> "And this stops mean devil magic!" Jaela reaches out to tap Canderella's nose with a Dispel Evil.
[19:55] <Kotono> "As if growing several years in a few breaths wasn't proof enough," Ebony replies with a curious smile. At this Mirajane reaches out and utters, "Dispel evil!" she repeats, the same magic hitting twice! At this Canderella crosses her arms, "That's not funny to joke about. Have you ever been struck by magic to dispel righteousness? It hurts."
[19:57] <Jaela> "Is this theoretic or are you actually hurt?" Jaela asks Canderella. "I mean, I studied you way before and I figured it'd be safe, so I'm sorry if I got it wrong."
[19:59] <Kotono> "I'm fine." Canderella huffs, crossing her arms and looking away, "You stirred up some unpleasant memories."
[20:02] * Jaela runs a hand through her hair, before channeling Sublime Revelry into her fist and bonking Canderella lightly on her shoulder. "Don't resist this, consider it my apology for the badness."
[20:04] <Kotono> "Sublime Revelry," Mirajane utters, repeating the exact same spell on Canderella! After that she yawns, putting her head against Jaela and promptly going to sleep. Meanwhile Ebony's eyes widen, "That's a ninth circle spell!" she suddenly sounds far more awake, sitting up fully, the blanket over her clinging to her body.
[20:05] * Jaela cradles Mirajane in her arms. "Mirajane is a smart girl~"
[20:06] <Kotono> "With what she is, it doesn't surprise me." Canderella says, giggling as her eyes mist over, "Ooooh, this spell makes me feel like I'm floating awaaaaaay."
[20:08] <Jaela> "It's the best spell ever," Jaela firmly agrees.
[20:09] <Kotono> "Mmmm," Canderella splays her arms to the side and falls back against the back of her chair. "Flying away!" She gets up and stands, before falling right onto Ebony's bed, her stomach against her legs and face hanging over the other side of the bed.
[20:11] <Jaela> "If she starts hitting on you, tell her to wait till you're properly recovered," Jaela tells Ebony with a straight face, standing up. "Either way, I'm gonna head back and rearrange my room while letting Mirajane sleep for a bit. Take care and all."
[20:11] <Kotono> Ebony gives Jaela an unamused look, but it doesn't last long. "I'll be ready for duty in a few days, I think."
[20:13] * Jaela grins back at her. "If nothing happens in that time, let's go to Celestia after. Who knows, it might even be a good spot to take the Aurora over if all goes well. We've been here too long as it is."
[20:14] <Kotono> OOC: Ready to skip along?
[20:15] <Jaela> OOC: Sure. I want to greet the leaders from Celestia, and I want to try feeding Val'Finnegan some of my blood to see if it does anything. Could you work that in, please?
[20:17] <Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[20:25] <Kotono> Jaela heads out. Out there she finds Crystal, Elder Magi Tepen and Morniel. Gates are open, soldiers coming through from Mount Celestia. Squads of lantern archons, rows of hound archons, trumpet archons leading.
[20:27] <Jaela> It will be a busy time to remodel her room again, and she shouldn't tear Elena away from her current task. Once the soldiers all got settled in.... Shaking her head, Jaela gives the trio ahead of her a wave. "How are things?" she asks.
[20:33] <Kotono> "Well," Morniel replies, "I can explain to you the reasons for some of the unexpected delays as well."
[20:34] <Jaela> "Sure, I'm all ears," Jaela says easily, with no reproach whatsoever.
[20:38] <Kotono> "There was considerable debate on who should lead the expidition. The first possibility was vetoed from above for reasons I'm not privy to," Morniel explains, "Though I have been assured it has nothing to do with Aurora. The second declined the position," Going on from there, "As a former companion that she owed a great debt to needed aid. Romiel was considered then, but it was ultimately
[20:38] <Kotono> decided to keep him in Celestia." With an apologetic nod to Jaela, "None of these had anything to do with Aurora. If anything, the first one being rejected considerably slowed the entire affair down."
[20:38] <Jaela> "Do you know who those two were? Just curious, here."
[20:43] <Kotono> "I do," Morniel says, "I was instructed not to mention anything else about the first. The gravity and abnormality of this action suggests that the first choice is involved in something gravely important. The second was Alustra, a Throne Archon."
[20:44] <Jaela> "Can you look into the trouble her friend's in? If it's important enough to reject a Crusade that Celestia's officially supporting and they view her so highly they'd want her to lead it, maybe there's something we could do to help."
[20:47] <Kotono> "I know what it is already," Morniel says, "A friend has been lost in an imprisoning demiplane. They're mounting a rescue expidition."
[20:47] <Jaela> "Anything to do with what Ithea had Tannin investigate?"
[20:52] <Kotono> "Not that I know of. Does The Calamity mean anything to you?"
[20:53] * Jaela shrugs. "Sorry."
[20:57] <Kotono> "As I thought. It's not our concern," Morniel says, "As of now they have given me temporary command, until a proper Throne Archon is selected."
[20:58] <Jaela> "Maybe they can just promote you," Jaela suggests. "Anyway, pass the offer on? Maybe they'll want the help after all."
[21:01] <Kotono> "I will," Morniel promises, "Will yo ustay to walk with us to Aurora?"
[21:02] <Jaela> "Yeah. I've got the time, and I meant to study one of my spears anyway. Better here than in my room, all things considered."
[21:08] <Kotono> "As you wish," Morniel says. OOC: What were you going to do with Val'Finnegan?
[21:11] <Jaela> A mental command retrieves Val'Finnegan from storage, and then Jaela gives it an experimental twirl. She shifts her grip on the shaft, then, and runs the tip across the palm of her left hand. The spear seems to reward massive victories and seals the increased connection with her blood, so she decides to see if their raid on Castle Crumbling qualifies as one in the artifact's eyes.
[21:15] <Kotono> Jaela...feels faint? She barely has a moment to register it before she collapses, unawareness taking her away! (More)
[21:17] <Kotono> Jaela floats in white. Her awareness simply switches back on, no fatigue or even the awareness of waking up. Val'Finnegan is gone - it's not in her hand. Yet after a split second, she feels a pressure on the back of her neck, sharp.
[21:19] * Jaela remains still, as she tries to sense just who is behind her. And how many of them, at that.
[21:20] <Kotono> OOC: Blindsight?
[21:20] <Jaela> OOC: YEs
[21:21] <Kotono> OOC: What exactly doe syour blindsight tell/show you?
[21:22] <Jaela> OOC: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blindsight_and_Blindsense this for 60ft
[21:23] <Jaela> OOC: I always figured it gave me a 60ft radius of gray outlines of stuff around me
[21:23] <Kotono> The figure behind you is a white robed elf. A hood covers his face, Val'Finnegan in hand and pressed against the back of your neck. OOC: Okay.
[21:23] <Jaela> "Hello."
[21:30] <Kotono> His voice is rough, as the tip of Val'Finnegan presses even more into Jaela's neck, surely the slightest movement away from piercing in. "Who are you?"
[21:33] <Jaela> "I'm not going to fight someone who Val'Finnegan allows to wield itself," Jaela announces. "As for my name, it would be Jaela Daran, a knight in the service of Lady Angharradh and a general of Aurora's armies. Yourself?"
[21:34] <Kotono> The pressure on Jaela's neck ceases. "Turn around," The voice commands, in Elven.
[21:36] * Jaela does so, eyebrow raised over her revealed eye. "I believe I asked who you were, and how you took my partner from me."
[21:39] <Kotono> The figure is tall for an elf, scraping past 6ft. His face is hidden in shadow, tight white robes and hood hiding his body. His head looks downward, yet Val'Finnegan is pointed at Jaela's chest. "Why did you offer your own blood to Val'Finnegan?"
[21:41] <Jaela> "I was too weak when I first got it and that's the way we strengthened our bond last time Val'Finnegan prompted it," Jaela responds, musing that the massive elf knows too much. "It seemed like the way to do it now to get closer still. And that is the last thing you get for free. Who are you? How did you take Val'Finnegan from me?" she repeats.
[21:44] <Kotono> "Finnegan." He answers, "Val's the name I gave this." Val'Finnegan is still pointed right at Jaela, "You've grown into Val'Finnegan. Fancy yourself ready to wield this?"
[21:49] <Jaela> "Huh." It makes sense, really, and she goes along with it, although without fully accepting it as gospel. "Yes. We're good for each other, but not a perfect fit. My enemies are devils, and they're the ones I meet the most on my Crusade. That gives silver spears too much of an edge, and my magic compensates for their relative weaknesses. And despite it all, I know this spear," she continues, glancing down at its tip briefly, "would overcome all of them by a good deal if only we managed to get to that perfect match." Her eye returns to Finnegan. "What should I do so that we both get the most out of this, me an' Val?"
[21:51] <Kotono> "It won't be easy," Finnegan says, gaze still down and shadowed. "'course, you know that nothing worth doing is ever easy."
[21:51] * Jaela nods curtly.
[21:54] <Kotono> "There's two ways. The first is to give up part of your life force. It'll be gone forever, but it'll turn the trick. The other's to face me in combat and slay me with the full power of Val at my command."
[21:55] <Jaela> "What are the rules for the latter?"
[21:56] <Kotono> "Single combat to the death," Finnegan replies, "The winner gains the full power of Val, the loser vanishes forever."
[21:58] <Jaela> "What, you want me to destroy your soul just to gain power?" Jaela snorts. "Pass."
[21:59] <Kotono> "Good." Val is lowered, "Didn't think you'd fall for it," Finnegan admits.
[22:01] <Jaela> "Someone desperate might," Jaela admits. "But I haven't been that for a while. Now a duel of some sort? That might've been fun. I love the challenge, s'long as it stays friendly between those on the same side."
[22:03] <Kotono> "No point," Finnegan says, "You've proven your might over and over." He shakes his head, finally looking up. He has arresting green eyes and matching hair, "Val isn't meant to be used in friendly duels. It's a killing weapon, plain and simple."
[22:04] * Jaela nods in understanding. "Gae Trocaire covers the friendly dueling role easily enough for me."
[22:07] <Kotono> "When you wake up," Finnegan goes on, "You'll have what you want."
[22:08] <Jaela> "Thanks." Struck by a sudden thought, Jaela asks, "What's the story behind Val? The reason behind its creation? I heard the legend about those with potential rising, and it suggests that the spear opposes the Hells, but not more than that."
[22:10] <Kotono> "I created it to kill evil," Finnegan explains, "It picked up the rest after that. Val and I were so good at it that it stopped being a normal spear and became something more. Eventually, Val and Finnegan became Val'Finnegan - one thing, not two."
[22:11] <Jaela> "I'll keep the name, then. That sounds like the best way to honor its history."
[22:13] <Kotono> "Names have power. Another name would weaken it," Finnegan replies. "Anything else? I'll not see you again after this, so make your questions count now."
[22:15] <Jaela> "Yeah, I get it. I thought to go back to Val since it was what you gave it at first, but...." She shakes her head. "I have plenty of questions, but none really so pressing that I'd keep you away from wherever you are right now. Just... I've got a friend who's a crafting wizard, and my mother isn't bad at it either, crafting stars and all. Any advice for them?"
[22:18] <Kotono> "I'm here," Finnegan replies, "Val and I are one now, if you didn't understand before. Val's my afterlife and Finnegan is Val's existence." Pausing, "Not much. I was a passable blacksmith, but Val gained its powers from doing, not from enchantments."
[22:21] <Jaela> "Ah, that does change things!" Jaela tilts her head. "It's a shame we won't be able to speak after this. Sounds like we would get along just fine." She had been expecting that Finnegan was drawn from his afterlife, but since his soul lives in the spear, now, she's not in that much of a hurry to part ways with him. "Maybe I could benefit from your experience after all, then," Jaela says then, detailing the Triune's words about undoing the evil of Ferrum Incendia and a certain blackguard's hammer that she got over time.
[22:29] <Kotono> He pauses a moment, "There is one way, but it involves you sacrificing two things," Finnegan says after a moment. Listening to the rest, "The hammer's easy. Find a blacksmith that hasn't gotten laid and then find a newborn saint. Prophecies are good there, they usually give it away if you can figure them out. The other one's tougher. Go to one of the Heavens and find a newborn spirit for
[22:29] <Kotono> one part and the other? Have it be part of a peace settlement between two mighty enemies. Something like that," he adds, "Dealt with these sort of things a time or two. They sound daunting, but you have to apply your mind if force won't work."
[22:30] <Jaela> "Well, it's just...." Jaela hesitates, and then sighs. "I feel like I'm exploiting the kids, okay? I actually know where to go for that, but it feels wrong."
[22:31] <Kotono> "Then don't do it." Finnegan replies, gesturing with Val, sweeping it aside, "If your heart isn't in it, then it isn't worth doing."
[22:32] <Jaela> "Just looking for a third option, here. Don't suppose I could find someone passing the description without turning to a newborn?"
[22:35] <Kotono> "Newborn could mean new in the sense of becoming a new saint," Finnegan says, "But most are made saints after dying, so that's a tough trick, too."
[22:35] <Jaela> "I actually know someone who might fit the bill. She died and returned recently, too." Jaela nods. "Okay, thanks. Now, you mentioned some sacrifice that keeps you around?"
[22:38] <Kotono> "I could come back," he says, "But you'd have to give up part of your life force. Second, you'd lose Val'Finnegan as a weapon. I'm part of Val and Val's part of me, so I wouldn't have any other weapon if I return." Finnegan replies, meeting Jaela's eyes. "But it would do the trick."
[22:39] <Jaela> "Teach me how? It's not a decision I can make on a whim."
[22:39] <Kotono> "How to give up your life force?" Finnegan asks.
[22:40] <Jaela> "Pretty much. Is it as simple as stabbing myself with the spear?"
[22:47] <Kotono> "In this instance, I'd do the work, but it's essentially that," Finnegan replies.
[22:48] * Jaela grins. "Got it. Whether we see each other again or not, it's been a pleasure." She offers Finnegan her hand.
[22:52] <Kotono> "The choice needs to be made now," Finnegan explains, not taking that hand quite yet. "I need to be the one to do it, and once you leave here we won't meet again."
[22:56] * Jaela frowns.
[22:57] <Kotono> "Follow your heart," Finnegan advises after Jaela frowns, "A good heart seldom leads you wrong."
[22:58] <Jaela> "Screw it," Jaela finally says. "It's up to you. Do you want to get back or not? I'm not gonna force someone to pick up the fight again if their heart's not in it or they reached their final rewards or whichever. But if you're up to it, just do it."
[23:00] <Kotono> "I'm more than willing to fight. I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't," Finnegan replies, "But I'm not the one paying the price. You lose part of your life force and a powerful weapon. It's not my choice to make."
[23:06] <Jaela> Wonderful. A choice that either hurts her in a very real way, or hurts her core beliefs. Given such a shitty choice, Jaela decides to safeguard said beliefs. "Go for it. My lifeforce is yours, if you live me enough to get by properly."
[23:07] <Kotono> To that Finnegan nods, "You'll live. Jaela, I promise that I'll serve you well." Finnegan replies, raising Val. "Close your eyes. This won't hurt - if anything it'll cause you to wake up."
[23:07] <Jaela> She closes them, the covered and uncovered eye alike.
[23:10] <Kotono> The stabbing pain is immediate, exploding through her body! But it's a pain of only a moment and then Jaela awakens. She lies within the Infirmary, Kascha nearby. "Jaela! Jaela's awake!"
[23:11] <Jaela> "And for my next trick," she mutters, "I'll draw a legendary hero out of my spear."
[23:15] <Kotono> "Sure did," It's Finnegan's voice, and to your side he sits on the next bed. His hood is pushed back, green hair down to the nape of his neck and wild. "Didn't need as much as I thought I would. Your life force is strong," he replies, "Catch."
[23:15] * Jaela reaches out with her hand, ready to catch whatever she might be thrown
[23:17] <Kotono> It's a golden ring, engraved with Elvish script. It reads 'Guardian Spirits'. "It's my old ring of deflection. I didn't need it with my robes, but I hung onto it. Figure it may do you good."
[23:18] * Jaela makes it disappear with a snap of her fingers. "I'm on fire today."
[23:19] <Kotono> As Kascha looks back and forth, "Mr. Finnegan appeared out of nowhere, holding your spear," she explains, "So...you know what's going on?"
[23:20] <Kotono> "I'm yours to command," Finnegan says, "That's what's going on." Pulling his hood back up, "My life is dedicated to vanquishing darkness and killing what preys on the innocent."
[23:22] <Jaela> "He made Val and it was his spear first," Jaela tells Kascha. "Figure that means he's more than welcome to it? As for the rest, it sounds like his story pretty much matches your own miraculous resurrection." She grins. "How about you get the finer details from him and see what else you two might have in common?"
[23:24] <Kotono> Finnegan chuckles, "Yes ma'am," he says, leading Kascha away. "Now how about I tell you the story of a blacksmith that got himself tangled in things he never could imagine?"
[23:27] <Jaela> Oh, how she fervently hopes this will break Kascha's incredulous dry spell. As for herself, she's healthy, all things considered, so Jaela decides to seek out that army detachment from Celestia.

Corwin

#t

[19:45] <Kotono> Rest and recovery. The battle of Castle Crumbling left Ithea quite tired, leading her to stumble to her room and simply collapse into bed. After some time she rises, freshens herself and gets something to eat. As she sits in the cafeteria, "Excuse me." A man's voice says, "General Ithea?"
[19:48] <Ithea> "Yes?" Ithea asks, turning her head to see who's speaking.
[19:49] <Kotono> It's a catfolk. A male catfolk, clad in armor and carrying a glaive. "Rentiss, ma'am. If you have a moment, could I ask you about using a glaive?"
[19:51] * Ithea smiles, glad to see her favored weapon getting use by others. "Of course. What exactly are you wondering about?"
[19:54] <Kotono> Amid the cafeteria people come and go. You can see Balyss sitting with a dozen of the lycanthropes, animatedly talking and gesturing as they eat. Lady Rosa is with a table ful of elves, deep in discussion over bowls of honeyed fruit and bread. But before you is one catfolk, who drops into an offensive position. His grip is too high on the glaive, and his footwork is all wrong. That's
[19:54] <Kotono> easy enough for Ithea to identify.
[19:57] <Ithea> "Your grip is too high, Rentiss. Keep a lower reach, the whole point of the weapon is to be able to reach an opponent from farther away. Not too low either though, otherwise they'll knock the weapon right off your hands, and then you're even worse off," Ithea immediately says, pointing to a spot lower on the shaft. "Your hands should ideally be around that area. Depending on your own
[19:57] <Ithea> style, you may want to hold it a bit higher or lower, but generally, that's the best place."
[19:58] <Kotono> He makes the adjustments quickly, "Like this?" he asks, grasping far better now. Meanwhile you can notice Adrian approaching, a gruesome skull-helmet carried in one hand.
[20:00] * Ithea nods at him. "Good, try that grip, and get a feel for the range you can attack with it. That's the best thing to do before you try and experiment with different grips."
[20:02] <Kotono> Nodding to that, he takes a swing and then another. It's far better looking now, Adrian coming to Ithea's side but not commenting. As Rentiss takes another swing, he says, "Oh, I see how it works now!" he says.
[20:03] <Ithea> "Hey Adrian," Ithea greets the other general.
[20:05] <Kotono> "General Ithea's generous with the common soldiers," he says with a hint of a smile, "But I know how to use a glaive, too. If she's busy with important things and I'm not, I can help you too."
[20:05] <Kotono> Taking a few more swings before turning, "Thank you, ma'am," he says, "Thank you, sir."
[20:33] <Ithea> "I've never seen you use a glaive," Ithea comments with a raised eyebrow. "Like getting in close and personal too much?"
[20:34] <Kotono> "Yeah," Adrian replies as Rentiss takes a cue and departs, "I've always preferred a sword. Anyway," Holding up that helmet, "Watch this."
[20:35] <Ithea> "Ugly helmet. What about it?"
[20:40] <Kotono> Adrian puts it on..KYAAAAH! A terrifying skull glares at Ithea, voice a hideous harbringer of doom, one that makes Ithea's fur stand on end. "This, Ithea. Do you like it?"
[20:49] <Ithea> "...you look ugly enough to stab," Ithea says flatly, glaring back at the ugly thing in front of her, as she resists the urge to go for her weapon.
[20:52] <Kotono> Laughter - hideous laughter, like peals of doom. "The useful part is...well...here." Adrian takes it off, voice returning to normal. "Put it on and see."
[20:55] * Ithea doesn't see how looking like a skull could be useful, but humors Adrian as she grabs the ugly thing and tries it on.
[20:58] <Kotono> Thus Ithea slips it on! The world becomes tinted dull black. Adrian is gone - in his place his skin and flesh peels away, revealing organs and skeleton beneath! Veins, organs and such glow an angry red, seeming to throb out with startling visibility. You can see Adrian's heart beat! "It makes aiming for precise blows much easier and more effective."
[21:03] <Ithea> "Useful, I suppose. Not something you want to wear most of the time given the other effect though. Doubt Misalea wants to kiss you while you're looking like that," Ithea comments as she pulls the helmet off, and fixes loose strands of hair.
[21:10] <Kotono> Adrian takes it back, laughing a bit, "She kicked me out until I'm done wearing it around the tower," he says, a bit sheepish. "So kitty," he says, "Aren't you glad I didn't surprise you with this on?"
[21:13] <Ithea> "If you surprised -anyone- with that and ended up in the morgue or the hospital, you'd have only yourself to blame," Ithea says with a snort.
[21:18] <Kotono> "Yeah, speaking of that," Adrian laughs, "Muirfinn's pet tried to maul me." Putting it down as he sits, "It's wasn't any real danger, it couldn't even bruise my ankle."
[21:35] <Ithea> "Fair enough. It did spend a portion of the fight in Castle Crumbling hiding behind us," Ithea says with a nod. "I think it's mostly just a friend of his, rather than a fighter, like Rukkig."
[21:39] <Kotono> "Hm." Adrian makes a considering noise, "So," Turning with an easy smile, "Kitty, so are you happy with Stille?"
[21:44] * Ithea raises an eyebrow again. "Even though he's a cad, going to break my heart, and so on and so on?" she asks, before grinning. "Yes, I am. For all his reputation makes him unliked by apparently all of my friends, he's been good to me and I went into this relationship expecting the worst anyway."
[21:46] <Kotono> "Why thank you," STille's voice comes from behind, "Ithea, you say the most marvelous things!" Coming from your blind sight are Stille and Sylvie, the latter smiling. Stille goes to embrace Ithea and give her a peck on the cheek, "Do you mind if we join you?"
[21:48] <Ithea> "You certainly looked at that positively, Stille," Ithea says as she returns a peck to Stille's cheek with a laugh, before gesturing at the many open seats. "And help yourself."
[21:55] <Kotono> Stille laughs and goes to sit next to Ithea. Sylvie settles for the opposite side, "So did you get yourself in any trouble while I was away, Ithea?"
[21:55] <Kotono> "Don't think she did," Adrian leans back, putting the helmet on the table.
[22:01] <Ithea> "Outside of dealing with the drain from fighting Lixer's defenses, no troubles for me," Ithea replies, agreeing with Adrian.
[22:04] <Kotono> "Well, I had fun," Sylvie twirls a lock of blonde hair around her forefinger, "Except for nearly freezing solid. Who builds a monastery in arctic mountains?"
[22:08] <Kotono> "Ice para-elementals?" Adrian ventures before Sylvie gives him a long and unamused look, which causes him to hold up his hands and grin, "Well, they would."
[22:09] * Ithea laughs. "Yes, yes they would."
[22:09] <Kotono> "Ahem," Sylvie clears her throat, "It was actually a group of Helmites. Insane, the entire lot of them. Not only is it freezing, but the entire monastery has an antimagic field!" Shivering visibly, "It's miserable!"
[22:13] <Ithea> "Poor dear. If you let Simmer know, she'll gladly invite you for a nice warm bath in the lava pools, you know," Ithea offers, in regards for Sylvie's plight, with a perfectly straight face.
[22:14] <Kotono> Sighing and burying her hands in her face, as Stille laughs, "She already did." Sylvie says, "I just had to tell her I figured out that elemental body spell Afina and Kascha like. She even tried to set me up with a fire elemental!" Groaning, "That it would heat up my life."
[22:18] * Ithea bursts into laughter. "That's a horrible pun to make."
[22:20] <Kotono> Adrian laughs, throwing his head back! Still shakes his head as he does the same, "Simmer has a nigh disturbing and endearing passion for fire, I daresay."
[22:21] <Kotono> "Hell," Sylvie looks up, "I was half expecting her to hit on me by the end of it and declare she was firesexual." Sitting back after that, "If it's on fire, it's worth dating."
[22:23] <Kotono> "I'd believe it," Adrian adds as he laughs, "She took a lot of joy on setting devils and undead on fire."
[22:28] <Ithea> "Can't say I fault her there. I certainly got some pleasure out of destroying some of those creatures," Ithea says. "Still not a fire gal myself, though."
[22:30] <Kotono> "Yeah, yeah," Sylvie waves a hand, focusing. A bowl of stew appears before her, a pause as she tucks into it. "I met up with all my old friends and some of Balyss's, too. Had a decent time past the start. So you can spare me any more about that."
[22:31] * Ithea nods. "So what's up next for you guys? Any plans at all?"
[22:33] <Kotono> "Lannark," Adrian says, "Muirfinn and I are going off to deal with that shortly."
[22:33] <Kotono> "Not in particular," Sylvie says, "I'm behind on my reading, and I don't think Aurora's attacking again right away."
[22:33] <Kotono> "We have been busy," Stille says, turning to Ithea, "Perhaps we can catch up?"

Corwin

#d

[03:35] <Kobrb> Adrian laughs and waves, going off. Once gone Mirima turns to Muirfinn, "That was a spectacular display of foolishness."
[03:37] <Muirfinn> "That's Adrian. Stand-up kind of man, but his antics in down-time are somewhat...hairy." Muirfinn says. He dismisses Chok with a gesture, who immediately turns and pounces on the tightly-knotted hunk of dried meat, gnawing at it with glee. "I apologize for the interruption. You were saying?"
[03:42] <Kobrb> "I'm quite familiar with him," Chuckling, Mirima sits back, "He's the single male we generally tolerate at the tower, and that's because Misalea's making him her husband."
[03:46] * Muirfinn nods, reaching for the door. "I'd actually like to speak with you about that, if you have the time? Care for a walk through the gardens?"
[03:48] <Kobrb> Mirima nods easily, "Lead on," she says. OOC: Go ahead and set up since you're taking the initiative here.
[03:52] * Muirfinn leads Mirima and an energetic Chok out of the officers' quarters, down and out of the castle proper. He traverses the courtyard on the way to the gardens before he says, "I've wondered about this on more than one occasion. Why have such a strong gender disparity in your house? Is it by choice or necessity?"
[03:54] <Kobrb> As you walk to the gardens and pass into them, "It's our tradition." Mirima explains, "Generally, our art is one of grace and femininity - while male elves have a degree of grace, it is nothing compared to the feminine. While they wrap themselves in leathers and steel, we need nothing but ourselves."
[03:58] <Muirfinn> "Ahh, so it is about elven grace. I'll admit to knowing little about elves. They kept their distance from our shores for some reason, though I do not believe they ever bore us malice." Muirfinn says, watching Chok run into the gardens, looking for a place to hide and a cow to stalk. "So you extend that to all men, then?"
[04:02] <Kobrb> "Essentially," Mirima says, "It varies from gathering to gathering. Our art is an ancient one, with many small variations and doctrinal differences." Hands behind her back as she walks, pausing to sniff the pleasant air, "Elrisa was a hard traditionalist. Misalea is more liberal and I care very little about it, if all truth is to be told. I have no need for a man, but I do not bear them any
[04:02] <Kobrb> great malice."
[04:08] * Muirfinn nods, neck extended with azure eyes looking up at the sky. "To back yourself into a corner due to prejudice can deprive you of essential diversity. You are wise, Mirima. I encourage you to continue to be so. Wisdom and passion is a difficult balance to maintain, though it is a beautiful thing when done correctly. Too much discipline leads to rigidity, while a lax discipline leads to
[04:08] * Muirfinn needless chaos. Fluidity is what encompases and is at the heart of your order, yes?"
[04:10] <Kobrb> "More pragmatically," Mirima goes on, "Men and women together leads to difficulties of a natural sort. Then again, a certain type of woman that is attracted to our believes has no interest in men in the first place." Humming, "And the occasional man some groups allow tends to be the sort that isn't interested in women." Looking up as well, "Fluidity has a place in our art, yes."
[04:11] * Muirfinn nods. "I approve. Water is both an essential part of life and a way of life. Tell me, have you ever met an elemental wyrd?"
[04:13] <Kobrb> "No," Mirima says, "Are they like one of the elementals?"
[04:21] <Muirfinn> "Yes, though they are not similar to those you will find here on the Aurora. I had the distinct pleasure of meeting one on the Elemental Pnale of Water. They are visions of feminine grace and beauty, watching one move is awe-inspiring. I lack the vocabulary and verbosity of one of my sons, but she was simply breathtaking. She could make single, simple movements look as graceful as the brush-strokes
[04:21] <Muirfinn> of a master artist. Not to mention that she was wise, bright, and highly prophetic. I spent some days with her, simply watching and conversing, and she taught me a great deal before she sent me to Earth to meet Kascha, Sylvie, and Ithea." Muifinn says, craning his head down to face Mirima again. "I believe, if you were open to the idea, that I might find her again if she has not moved on. She
[04:21] <Muirfinn> may be able to teach you something to enhance your skills."
[04:22] <Kobrb> "Something that graceful could be a worthy study," Mirima says after listening, "Water has its own fluid grace to it that is best not discounted."
[04:25] <Muirfinn> "Then when this mess with the Lannark and Balmuria is cleared up, I believe we may be in for a trip to my favorite plane." Muirfinn smiles. "I get antsy, sometimes. All this dry land and the fire elementals about."
[04:28] <Muirfinn> "It will be good to go home."
[04:28] <Kobrb> "It's an agreement," Mirima offers her hand out, "Misalea should come as well, and it may not hurt to invite Jaela, if you care to and she wishes to come."
[04:30] <Muirfinn> "Jaela...and Misalea. Yes, I will extend the invitation to them as well."
[04:30] * Muirfinn takes the hand in his own yellowed, scaly hand, gripping it.
[04:32] <Kobrb> Mirima's hand is still quite soft, "Until then," she says, "I should be getting back to them, before Canderella returns and attempts to teach more 'lightning and thunder grace'." Grimacing, "It's visually impressive, but highly destructive."
[04:33] * Muirfinn snorts and hisses a laugh. "Canderella means well. Try to understand her perspective. She USED to be an evil succubus. Now...she's just a succubus. With lightning."
[04:34] <Kobrb> "I wonder if it's any improvement," With a weary shake of her head, "Until later." With that she beats a retreat, leaving Muirfinn be. OOC: Skip along?
[04:35] <Muirfinn> OOC:  Pls
[04:41] <Kobrb> The next day Muirfinn's day is interrupted. As he goes through the gardens, Elena appears, "Hi! Sage Vul'lath and your tribe's elder are looking for you in the library."
[04:45] <Muirfinn> "Ah, thank you Elena." Muirfinn heads that way!
[04:47] <Kobrb> In the library Muirfinn finds exactly that. The two are seated at a table, deep in a low voiced, quiet conversation as Muirfinn approaches.
[04:47] <Muirfinn> "Elder, Vul'lath, how can I help?"
[04:49] <Kobrb> Both look up. "Ah, Muirfinn," The Elder greets you, "Mother Ocean guides you well today?"
[04:51] <Muirfinn> "Elena, actually. The Mother treats me kindly, as always."
[04:53] <Kobrb> "Good, good. Sit down," The Elder says, "I've been thinking about ways to raise the morale of our people. You have some gift at oratory?"
[04:55] <Muirfinn> "Not to brag, but yes." Muirfinn says as he takes a seat.
[04:57] <Kobrb> "After the last battle, I think a good, rousing speech would help our morale quite a bit," The Elder goes on, "The normal frictions continue, and a strong and unifying message capitalizing on the unity of fighting together could be quite effective."
[04:58] <Muirfinn> "Hmm...give me a day or two to write up a good speech, then. Have any ideas to give me a head start?"
[04:58] <Kobrb> "Anything involving unity," THe Elder says, "Appeal to things beyond the traditional tribal fracture points."
[04:59] * Muirfinn nods. "A good starting point, then."
[05:02] <Kobrb> The Elder rises, "Make us proud," he says, going. Sage Vul'lath watches him go without comment, and once he is gone, "He's far too enthusiatic about this," he mutters.
[05:03] <Muirfinn> "Oh? You know I value your opinion, Vul'lath. Tell me what is on your mind."
[05:05] <Kobrb> Raising an eyebrow, "I was taken hostage by his exuberance at the idea, until I suggested he involve you more directly." Clearing his throat, "Still, magic enhances any speech or presentation, so don't neglect it."
[05:07] <Muirfinn> "Oh, I don't plan to. This is something I'd rather not leave to chance."
[05:12] <Kobrb> A slight nod, "Voice of the Dragon is effective for diplomacy, Glibness for bluffing and so forth."
[05:12] <Muirfinn> "Good to know. Can you cast them?"
[05:19] <Kobrb> "No, and even if I could, both are only capable of being used by the caster," Sage Vul'lath explains, "So if you don't have access, some effort or other means will have to do. I've heard that a good illusion can captivate an audience, and certainly emotional magic can stir them in the direction you wish."
[05:27] * Muirfinn nods. "It appears that I will need a few wands, then."
[05:28] <Kobrb> Nodding, "Think it over," he says, "Plan, decide, conquer."
[05:30] * Muirfinn nods, standing. "If you have no further use for me, I will take my leave then."

Corwin

#t

[03:44] <Ithea> "There's an idea," Ithea comments.
[03:45] <Kobrb> "Well, I know when I'm an extra," Adrian rises and clears his throat, "I wouldn't dream of getting in between the love of a man and his cat." Reaching out and rubbing Ithea's head, "Next time I have a mission, let's work together on it. It's been too long."
[03:49] <Kobrb> "Say Ithea," Sylvie casually looks over to her, "Do you ever feel like someone's trying so hard that the ruin the joke? They run it into the ground and go past being funny?"
[03:49] <Ithea> "Every time I talk to Adrian," Ithea says flatly, as she smacks Adrian's hand away.
[03:52] <Kobrb> "Sorry, sorry," Adrian rubs his hand, beating a retreat while the beating is good. Once gone Stille shakes his head, "I suppose it is fair charity to presume he means well, and I detected no malice in his words."
[03:52] <Kobrb> "Yeah," Sylvie says idly as she works on her stew, "He's the annoying brother Ithea never had."
[03:55] <Ithea> "I blame his mother's blood," Ithea says with a snort.
[03:59] <Kobrb> "Probably is," Sylvie says, "I was hoping Stille would go away so we could talk privately, Ithea...Dammit!" Sylvie immediately curses with a sharp note of annoyance, hitting her spoon against the table with a look of complete pique. "Blame 21 for that."
[04:00] <Kobrb> Stille cracks a slight smile, "There are two of us but only one wonderful Ithea," he says, "Unfortunately, we must compete for her attention."
[04:01] * Ithea laughs. "And here I'd thought you'd gotten a better handle with that, Sylvie. Haven't seen you do that in ages."
[04:01] <Ithea> "You don't look as bothered by the burden as you used to, at least," Ithea also notes.
[04:03] <Kobrb> "I've adapted," Sylvie shrugs a little bit. She glances at Stille, "Tell you what. Give me a half hour with Ithea and she's yours for the rest of the day."
[04:04] <Kobrb> "I decline," Stille says, "You act like she's to be bartered without her own opinions." Looking to Ithea now, "Ithea, who do you want to spend time with right now, then?"
[04:07] <Ithea> "It's fine, and you know she didn't mean it like that," Ithea says with a whap at his shoulder. "Sylvie's thing won't take long like she said, and I'd be happy to spend the rest of the day with you, anyway."
[04:08] <Kobrb> "Well then," Stille rises, "I'll see you at Aurora's gates in a half hour," he says, going off.
[04:09] <Kobrb> Sylvie smiles as he goes, "You know, it's not like I don't like verbal jousting, but it's hard when you can't lie."
[04:10] <Ithea> "Hrm, I think he was a little annoyed with me picking you. Didn't even lean to kiss me before leaving," Ithea comments with a pout, as she watches him vanish. Shaking her head, she turns to Sylvie. "Anyway, what'd you want to talk about?"
[04:12] <Kobrb> "He's right. We are competing," Sylvie admits as much with a little shrug, finishing off her stew. "No one wants to be the undesired third between two friends or two lovers. It's endlessly awkward. Anyway," Pausing a moment to put her spoon down, "I wanted to say everything went great. Past a few rocky points it was a successful mission and a personal trip. Muirfinn was such a dear -
[04:12] <Kobrb> helpful and he didn't get nosy."
[04:17] <Ithea> "That's good," Ithea says with a nod, though she's a little amused by the concept of them competing over her attention, and a hint of an amused smile shows on her lips as she pays attention to Sylvie's story. Especially given Stille admitted to once having a crush on Sylvie.
[04:18] <Kobrb> "I even had a ro-man-tic encounter," Each syllable is sing-songed, "The first one since Janson. Before you have a chance - no, it wasn't Muirfinn. Suffice to say it was nice and I really do feel a lot better now."
[04:23] <Ithea> "I wasn't even going to ask," Ithea says immediately, although Sylvie can clearly tell with the power of 21 that she -would- have implied that, given the 'dear' comment. Moving along before Sylvie can call her on that, "Who with? What'd he look like? Is he joining us?" Pausing she adds, "It is a he, right? Not that there's anything wrong if it's a she, just....wondering?"
[04:27] <Kobrb> "You weren't going to ask? Really?" Sylvie crosses her arms instead, even after all that. "Don't think I'm going to let you get away with that one. Also," After pausing a moment, "Do I look like someone who goes for a she?"
[04:30] <Ithea> "Not really," Ithea says honestly, "But c'mon, how exactly does one tell someone 'looks' like someone that goes for a she, anyway?"
[04:33] <Kobrb> "Big, butch, short hair?" Sylvie lists off, frowning, "Though now that I think about it," A frown comes, "Who likes women here? Jaela and Mirima, and there was Annalise too? None of them looked like that."
[04:34] <Ithea> "SEE?!?" Ithea exclaims. "My point exactly!"
[04:40] <Kobrb> Sylvie's face screws up into the most unamused look ever, a perfect encapsulation of STOP HAVING FUN. Crossing her arms and going HMPH, "All the women here are gorgeous. It isn't remotely fair, you know." Her arms are under her chest, "See these? They were probably the best set in Balmuria. Here, they're barely worth a second look. All these angels and heroes aren't fair."
[04:42] * Ithea rolls her eyes. "There, there, you'll always have your friend Ithea's smaller chest to make you feel better," Ithea says in a very consoling voice. There isn't any sarcasm driping, nope!
[04:45] <Kobrb> "Well," In an airy voice, "That is true." Brushing aside a bit of blonde hair, "My Mom told me that I drunk a lot of milk mine would grow in. Maybe you need to do the same!" With a cheerful smile Sylvie holds her hand out, a glass of frosty cold milk appearing. "Here!"
[04:52] * Ithea snorts, taking the glass of milk. "I do like milk, you know, so it's not that. Catfolk just don't grow that large, I guess. I'm about the average from what I've been able to tell, and that's fine for me," Ithea says before drinking the glass. "Still, feel better about your own chest, now?" she adds wrily.
[04:54] <Kobrb> "Much," Sylvie summons her own glass of milk, "So have you and Stille...?" she asks.
[05:01] <Ithea> "We haven't gotten that far, if that's what you were going to ask. And weren't we supposed to be talking about -your- romantic encounter? You haven't even said anything yet, you know!"
[05:04] <Kobrb> "Well," Sylvie makes a thinking face, "It was pleasant. Good times were had by all, as the saying goes. I didn't actually plan for it. Things got away from me and I got lost in the moment, as well as years of repression. That whole brood and mope across Creation strategy was only giving cobwebs a chance to grow down there."
[05:11] * Ithea holds back an inappropriate joke about needing to trim down there, and vows to smack Adrian just because he wouldn't hold it back. "Now you're doing it on purpose, what'd the man look like, was he ugly or something," she says instead. It's -almost- as crass, perhaps, but it's a fair question!
[05:17] <Kobrb> "There was no ugliness involved," Sylvie says breezily, "He was a handsome half-elf, if you have to know." A beat, "Even though you don't know him except by reputation, it wasn't Josa. Just to prevent ANY chance of that misconception," Shuddering. "Anyway, he was gifted and knew how to use it." Smiling a little bit, before sighing happily, "I think I saw stars. Anyway," Sitting back now,
[05:17] <Kobrb> "If you decide to go farther with Stille, talk to Balyss. There's a herbal tea that can help prevent any accidents. It tastes terrible, though."
[05:19] <Ithea> "I probably will...just not yet. And uh, talking to Balyss about that, wouldn't that be just a little bit awkward, all things considered?" Ithea asks, looking a little red.
[05:21] <Kobrb> "Not really." Sylvie smiles more now, almost laughing, "Would you rather a bit of embarrassment to someone who deals with this all the time, or ballooning up and dealing with every bad litter of kittens joke Adrian can think of? You know how older women say pregnancy is a wonderful thing? That's a vicious lie," Sylvie makes a PFFFT sound, tongue out a she does so. "You get fat, your feet
[05:21] <Kobrb> swell, you get sick in the mornings, your back hurts, you have to pee all the time, you wake up when the baby kicks and so much more."
[05:23] <Ithea> "....yeah, not planning on that for a while," Ithea says making a face.
[05:25] <Kobrb> "Wise," Sylvie nods, "Did you hear about Gisfal and Rosa?"
[05:26] <Ithea> "No, what about them?" Ithea asks then blink. "Don't tell me you were leading to a conversation about -Rosa- getting pregnant?"
[05:28] <Kobrb> "Oh no, I was just changing the subject," Sylvie waves a hand, "I heard that someone saw Gisfal sneaking into Rosa's room." Keeping her voice down, "I wonder what they could be doing alone in her room?"
[05:29] <Ithea> "Well, that's, uh, a little better than him getting her pregnant, but still a bit worrying. Last I heard, wasn't he seeing Kascha or something? I'd heard a lot about him and Kascha being together anyway," Ithea asks.
[05:30] <Kobrb> "So did I. You don't think...?" Sylvie lets it trail off, "Poor Kascha."
[05:33] * Ithea scratches the back of her head. "Well, like I said, I've just heard stuff, I haven't actually talked to any of them about their love lives or anything. I would feel bad even if they weren't together and it was just a one-sided crush or something, though. Kascha's a sweetheart, so I'd like it if things went well for her, whatever she tried."
[05:36] <Kobrb> "She must have offended Tymora," Sylvie opines, "Or flattered Beshaba. "
[05:43] <Ithea> "Or both. That's how I sometimes feel after a couple of battles myself," Ithea says.
[05:43] <Kobrb> "Oh?" Sylvie asks, "Been having a rough time of it?"
[05:47] <Ithea> "Sometimes just seems like my easy adventures turn into monstrous battles for survival. It's an...interesting sort of luck to have, I suppose, and I'm still alive. Can't say that for -everyone-, mind you," Ithea says with a sigh.
[05:49] <Kobrb> "Hmmmmm." Sylvie sits back, "Whimisical Sweets was like that. We'd have easy ones and then WHAM!" Clapping her hands together sharply, "Its a trip to Hell! Then it's a cannibal nymph Sharran!" With a sad little smile, "That's why you have to train and be strong."
[05:52] <Ithea> "Story of our lives. Story of our lives," Ithea says with a nod.
[05:53] <Kobrb> "Oh well. At least laid with a man. If the worst happens, at least I didn't leave that regret behind." Sylvie gets up, "I need to get going, and I think it's about time you caught up with Stille."
[05:59] <Ithea> "Alright, I'll see you around, Sylvie," Ithea says, as she also gets up.

Corwin

[19:46] <Kotono> One bright morning on Ysgard brings three people together - Jaela, Muirfinn and Ithea. The first two were planned, with Ithea falling into them as they prepare to head to Sylica. OOC: Whomever has the staff, describe how you're transporting it in your opening.
[19:53] * Muirfinn carries the staff on his back, wrapped in hallowed cloth soaked in holy water. Even this close to the staff, he looks uncomfortable. "Is everyone ready?"
[19:54] <Kotono> Rills of numbing coldness seep through Muirfinn's shell, subtly leaving him awkward and faint of touch.
[19:55] <Jaela> "Yeah. I'll bring us over?" And with a midway stop at the Astral oasis she favors, Jaela shifts them to the entrance to Sylica.
[19:59] <Kotono> A pair of shifts lead you into Sylica's gate. From there you head in. Near the gate is Antenora - alight with blue and white light, spear in hand and clad in golden armor. She nods slightly to Jaela, then her gaze drifts to Muirfinn and Ithea. "You carry the cursed staff?"
[19:59] <Ithea> "He does," Ithea says.
[19:59] <Muirfinn> "I do." Muirfinn nods.
[19:59] * Jaela returns the nod, saying, "Muirfinn, Ithea, this is Antenora," to take care of the introductions.
[20:01] <Kotono> "Welcome to peace and paradise," she greets warmly, "Let us not tarry while that blight remains intact. Perhaps it is my imagination, but I can feel the sub zero touch of Mephisto near."
[20:01] * Muirfinn bows at the waist. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I wish we could meet under better circumstances."
[20:01] <Ithea> "Pleased to meet you," Ithea says politely with a small nod of her head. "Thank you for the welcome."
[20:02] <Jaela> "Like I said last time, he worked with Lixer on the staff."
[20:03] <Kotono> Antenora sets a swift pace, walking briskly, "I know," Antenora murmurs, "You've struck blow after blow against Baator. All of you are always welcome here," she says, smiling warm despite the gravity of the situation.
[20:04] * Muirfinn pulls the staff from his back, shivering at the unnatural chill it seems to exude. "Let's be rid of this thing. We can speak afterward."
[20:04] <Jaela> "We try," Jaela says, before nodding at Muirfinn's words in agreement.
[20:08] <Kotono> You hurry into Mercia. You come off a wide road, through a broad plaza and to a simple, two story building. One can note it has no roof, seemingly fully open air. The building is made of dark gray stone, a distinct somberness to it. The front is decorated with classical stained glass windows, showing an angelic woman in armor using a falchion to slice through a fiend, as a radiant angel uses a
[20:08] <Kotono> hammer to smash the head of the fiend in. "Temple. The only church in Sylica," Antenora says as she opens the broad doors to within, "There's no need for a church in the afterlife, save for certain ceremonies that require extensively hallowed grounds."
[20:10] * Muirfinn nods. "A good thing to have."
[20:12] <Kotono> Within is mostly open space. It is bright and sunny within, the floor white stone. There are a few tables with chess boards on the side walls, but mostly the center is dominated by a grand mural on the floor. It seems to be several things - a painted mountain soaring high, a forest, a city, an ocean's shore. They all seem to link together. OOC: K:R here if anyone cares to.
[20:12] <Muirfinn> roll 1d20+22
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d20+22 and gets 28." [1d20=6]
[20:13] <Ithea> roll d20+30
[20:13] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+30 and gets 46." [d20=16]
[20:13] <Muirfinn> "A beautful mural. These are scenes of Sylica then?"
[20:16] <Kotono> "Ah, you're perceptive," Antenora nods, walking ot the center of the mural, where all the parts touch. "Muirfinn, would you lay the staff here? After, would all of you join me in a circle? There will be some ceremony first, to further devote holy power to shattering this staff."
[20:17] * Muirfinn nods, heading over and placing the staff where Antenora indicated. "Of course."
[20:18] <Kotono> Once everyone is in the circle...?! The sun sets, rapidly plunging all into darkness! "Do not be alarmed. Latha has set so that she may rise when the time is right. The time of the rising sun is a time of renewal, hope and triumph over the darkness of evil."
[20:19] * Jaela nods herself. "It's all good. I won't panic like some neophyte."
[20:20] * Muirfinn nods. "It is a divine realm. All here happens for a reason."
[20:21] <Kotono> As you stand in the darkness, the air grows cold and colder yet. Viciously cold, a distinct feeling of frozen malice setting off your honed instincts for danger. Antenora smiles in the darkness, "Do you fear what is coming," she asks down to the staff, "We have a little time yet before the sun rises. The victory over the despair of evil comes from hope. Each of you has seen and surely battled
[20:21] <Kotono> that despair in the fall of your world. In time you have come with your own answer to it. Could each of you speak of the hope you have spread in your Crusade? Let this tool of the devils wither before something no jaded heart can withstand."
[20:24] <Jaela> "It's Mirajane, for me," Jaela voices, keeping her own experience short. "She came out of something devils did their best to corrupt, but what they ended up after all their efforts is a cute as a button little angel that wants to heal people and make them feel better. How's that for hope?"
[20:25] <Kotono> At those words the cold recedes back, becoming merely uncomfortable instead of viciously cold. Antenora smiles and nods, "Hope that something better can emerge from the ashes of the worst evil. A hope I know well."
[20:25] * Jaela grins back at her, cold nonwithstanding.
[20:26] * Ithea nods to Antenora, and like Jaela, starts with one person. "My friend Sylvie was not a very happy person, and probably not very good either, when we first found her. Aurora has given her something to fight for, friends she can count on, people she would defend, and she has her smile back. She's been reunited with old friends and she's starting to heal. My own people have started to heal
[20:26] * Ithea as well, brought together by Aurora, as have many others. Aurora is a place that helps those hurt by Hell's evil, and gives them something worth fighting for."
[20:28] <Kotono> The cold now relents to a mere slight chill in the air, the sense of malice in the air becoming little more than a faint pulse. "You saved her," Antenora says, her smile growing. "A unity that can challenge the iron order of Hell and the heart's despair that can lead to damnation. A hope I know well, and a blessing I know even better."
[20:29] <Muirfinn> "Hope...I saw hope in the eyes of my people as we clawed our way from Lifasa; a desperate, pleading hope. Hope for a future, hope for vengeance. Hope to see our home again, our families. I saw hope in the eyes of the catfolk we found on Earth, the hope for safety. The Aurora is a symbol of hope to all who wish to fight evil. If you wish for a story of hope, follow our own."
[20:33] <Kotono> "The story of Aurora is a story of hope," Antenora nods, as the chill in the air vanishes, a sense of peace overtaking the malice entirely. Now Antenora kneels before the staff, "The hope your bravery created has lead to this day. I am but the servant and executor of that hope." As she speaks, a few glorious, golden rays of sunshine come, sunrise beginning! Antenora closes her eyes, as a single
[20:33] <Kotono> tear falls! It splashes onto the staff - and sounds like a thunderclap of glass breaking. No, ice. It's ice shattering, though how any of you know you are uncertain. Lines of stress appear all over the staff, the light of the sunrise causing them to expand further! Like a series of racers they expand out as fast as they can, engulfing the entire staff! The actual shattering off the staff is
[20:33] <Kotono> strangely silent - it simply falls to pieces, of which lie there on the ground. For a moment there is silence and the warm light of the dawn, then...(More)
[20:35] <Kotono> The pieces of the Staff of the Jaded heart rise up into the air fast as meteors soaring through the air! Antenora looks up and then smiles, "...Alicia? Syala?" she murmurs.
[20:36] <Jaela> "Divine intervention?"
[20:37] * Muirfinn watches the event calmly, but with wide eyes. Direct divine intervention is a rare treat to see, and if this is so, he does not want to miss it.
[20:37] * Ithea also looks up, curious to see what is going to happen.
[20:40] <Kotono> "The destruction of deep evil is always rewarded," Antenora replies as she stares up, "An evil artifact's destruction is never neglected. Usually the reward is in the hereafter, but such aid is best not withheld for you." From above rain comes from the clear dawn sky! It rains down on the mural, and from the stone seven white flowers grow! They resemble tulips, opening up to reveal a purple
[20:40] <Kotono> berry within each one, seven in total. Antenora closes her eyes for a moment, "The Goddesses have explained to me their will," she says. "In the triumph of hope over despair, these fruits of the eternal heart have been created."
[20:41] <Jaela> Since the goddesses did not see fit to share their will with her, Jaela waits patiently and obediently for Antenora's explanation, inclining her head.
[20:42] <Kotono> "Seven berries for seven people. Each will grant a permanent, sacred augmentation to the consumer's base ability," Antenora explains, "Be it becoming stronger, tougher, smarter, wiser or what have you."
[20:43] <Muirfinn> "We are honored by their gift to us. Such is beyond the call, and we will not forget it." Muirfinn says.
[20:46] <Kotono> "Yes." Antenora's reply is short, "In truth this was unusually easy. Destroying this manner of thing is usually a great quest. We have been so lucky once before on a personal quest, as the creation of an artifact required divine blood. It's good to see fortune's whimsy favor us."
[20:46] <Ithea> "I'll take fortune's whimsy favor over it's opposite any day," Ithea comments.
[20:48] <Jaela> "Speaking of easy," Jaela says here. "There is a bit more that you might help us with-- well, help me, in honesty. It has to do with your area of control in Sylica, Antenora. Can you hear me out?"
[20:49] <Kotono> "As someone who has been on both sides, you are correct," A smile to Ithea, before to Jaela, "Of course. What is it?"
[20:51] <Jaela> "I have a devil's ring that must be purified in the happy cries of newborns," Jaela elaborates. "I've been hoping to avoid asking you about this for a while now, but my new pal knocked some sense into me. If you don't think it will harm your charges, do you think you could help me with that part of it?"
[20:52] <Kotono> "Of course," Antenora says, with a look of puzzlement on her face. "The happy cry of newborns...could not any baby and mother give you that?"
[20:55] <Jaela> "It seemed like I'd need more than one, and we don't actually have that many births on the Aurora," Jaela says apologetically. "It felt weird to just pick some Prime and shift over there for this."
[20:57] <Kotono> "Alright," Antenora says, "It can be done."
[21:00] <Jaela> "Thanks." She grins again at Antenora, before telling Muirfinn, "And once we've done that, mind taking the ring to your summit with the Imperium? I can't really see that sorting itself in a way where the lillends get all they want, so have it be our gift to them in the negotiations. Sound okay?"
[21:01] <Muirfinn> "Of course."

Corwin

Corwin

#ed

[21:34] <Kotono> "Yes. Reports corraborate that while monolithic, the political aspects of the Lannark Imperium are tangled," Tealua explains.
[21:38] <Muirfinn> "Politics are always tangled. I'll bet that even Mechanus has beaurocracy." Muirfinn snorts, relaxing.
[21:39] <Kotono> "Are you kidding?" Adrian laughs, fading into a yawn that he shakes off. "Mechanus is defined by it's beurocracy. You can get anything approved if you go through the right channels and have the right reasons and enough time."
[21:40] <Muirfinn> "See? Tangles of red tape, even on the most lawful plane of existence." Muirfinn says.
[21:46] <Kotono> "That's the point," Tealua replies. "Do you have any other questions?"
[21:48] <Muirfinn> "I think," Muirfinn abruptly lets out a huge yawn, jaw craeaking as he does so. "Excuse me! No, ah, I believe I am through asking questions."
[21:50] <Kotono> "Then rest," Tealua invites, Adrian yawning again and settling back.
[21:50] * Muirfinn is out like a light!
[21:56] <Kotono> When awareness returns to Murifinn, it's a sense of something soft and warm pressed into his front. It smells good - like lavender.
[21:58] * Muirfinn snorts, snuffling in and seeking delicious lavendar stalks sleepily.
[22:00] <Kotono> There's a really big and soft lavender stalk pressed against Muirfinn. Smells good - and it's making a sleepy little cooing noise.
[22:03] * Muirfinn begins to gnaw on the lavendar, oh delicious lavendar.
[22:04] <Kotono> Odd. It doesn't quite taste like lavender. It's really soft and tastes more like fruit. Even stranger, that cooing noise becomes much louder, changing into, "Gwah?" A sleepy voice says. That's odd. It sounds like Vivantha to Muirfinn's half asleep mind.
[22:06] * Muirfinn stops. Lavendar isn't warm, nor does it taste like fruit. Muirfinn pops open an eyeball.
[22:10] <Kotono> Muirfinn is looking right into Vivantha's eyes, sleepily opening as well. As best he can tell, he has a beakful of her shoulder.
[22:11] <Muirfinn> "...Herwo." Muirfinn says awkwardly.
[22:14] <Kotono> Blink, blink, blink, blink. There's several awkward, silent moments as the two just stare at each other.
[22:17] * Muirfinn carefully releases her shoulder. "...you smell like lavendar, just so you know, but you taste like fruit. I don't know why I said that." Muirfinn sits up.
[22:18] <Kotono> Vivantha has an utterly blank look on her face as you sit up. Not a word as she just stares. Adrian's sitting up and stretching, while Kascha rubs her eyes and yawns. "I don't know why you said that too," Vivantha says, "Aaah...I...don't sleep often because I sleepwalk and..." she stumbles, "But why were you...?"
[22:20] <Muirfinn> "...lavendar is delicious. I thought everybody knew that. Huh." Muirfinn looks puzzled. "I'm sorry, I normally don't chew on people in my sleep. You have my deepest apologies."
[22:23] <Kotono> "...right." Vivantha merely stares and tries to process that, as Tealua's voice is heard. "We have arrived," she announces. "You may come out now."
[22:28] * Muirfinn decides that discretion is key here, and hopes that smoothing this over will happen in time. He brushes down his robe as he lands on his feet outside, smoothing out wrinkles and wishing, not for the first time, that he could cast minor arcane magics.
[22:36] <Kotono> Coming out, you find you stand before the Infinite Stair. Right out onto the edge of a stairway, leading up to a landing. This landing has a huge tent on it right to the ends, all colorful green silk. The entrance to it is right ahead of you.
[22:36] * Muirfinn blinks. "This is new."
[22:41] <Kotono> Tealua is standing besides the entrance, "Diplomatic politeness," she explains as the rest come on out.
[22:42] <Muirfinn> "Ahhhh, of course." Muirfinn nods, joining her.
[22:58] <Kotono> With that, Muirfinna and the others head in. Within are three tables. Two face each other and the third is a little away, able to view both tables. The first is full of lillend, clad in jeweled finery. The second is full of dragonic humanoids, winged and clad in medal bedeckoned uniforms. Both groups appear to be quietly waiting for now.
[22:59] * Muirfinn looks at Tealua, speaking lowly, "Is this everyone, or are we waiting on more?"
[23:00] <Kotono> Tealua murmurs, "Most of the functionary toadies are sitting this out. We're awaiting a few more oneach side," she says. "The third table is Aurora's."
[23:02] * Muirfinn nods. "We'll take our seats then, if you've nothing else for us?"
[23:04] <Kotono> Adrian goes to do that, as do the others. As they settle in, one of the Lannarks approaches. He is red scaled and with a powerful, muscled body. He walks with regal authority, his gaze commanding all he looks over, "I am Bristburn of Lannark," he announces, offering his hadn out to Adrian, who shakes it. Once done he offers it to Muirfinn.
[23:06] * Muirfinn takes the hand as well, shaking it. "Muirfinn."
[23:09] <Kotono> "Kascha," is the greeting as he goes to the next. Once done, "You're better than your reputation indicates." With a look to all of them, "Let us resolve this dispute to the glory of the Empire."
[23:09] <Muirfinn> "Mmm." Muirfinn says, not commenting.
[23:10] <Kotono> "No," Adrian shakes his head, "Let's solve this to benefit of everyone here," he says, "I think that's far more equitable."
[23:13] * Muirfinn nods at Adrian. "Yes, that is the best case."
[23:14] <Kotono> "Yes," Kascha smiles back, entirely cute and winsome, "That's better than a miserable war, isn't it?"
[23:18] <Kotono> Bristburn's expression remains, "The glory of the Empire is the most equitable solution for everyone," he replies, "As we will see once negotiations begin."
[23:20] * Muirfinn looks at the dragon man passively. "It's something that we can discuss."
[23:26] <Kotono> With a curt nod he returns to the Lannark table. Under his breath, "Oh this is going ot be fun," Adrian mutters.
[23:28] <Muirfinn> "I DID warn you that we are dealing with dragons. No matter how human they appear to be, their egos are always oversized." Muirfinn replies just as quietly.

Corwin

#d

[21:35] <Kotono> Finding Finnegan takes some effort. In fact, a tactical Elena is needed. She appears, clad in a simple dress. "Finnegan? Oh, he's on the roof," she says, looking up. "I think he took your request seriously. It's cute! Kascha was blushing all the time when he smiled at her."
[21:36] <Jaela> "Nice." Jaela nods in satisfaction. "Let him know that I'm headed into Elysium with the giants to try and recruit their pals. It'd be great if he could meet me by the gates."
[21:39] <Kotono> "Right!" From there Jaela heads out towards the gates. As she passes into the courtyard, Finnegan lands right besides her, landing on his feet and settling right into a walk. "It's usually the afterlife that recruits for eternity from mortals, not the other way around." His hood is up, spear in hand and carried with him. "This is a new change of pace."
[21:39] <Jaela> "We're all for breaking conventions when it helps the Crusade," Jaela voices, keeping her pace steady.
[21:44] <Kotono> "I figure this is walking an old road for you," Finnegan says, "But how'd it happen with Lifasa? I've crossed with fiends serving everyone from Bane to Graz'zt to Haagenti to Gruumsh who wanted to cause trouble, but it never got nearly that out of hand."
[21:46] <Jaela> "Apparently, it was enough for nine locals to do some sort of ritual that gave our world up to Bel." Jaela shrugs. "Sounds dumb, right? And even dumber that the devils actually rewarded them with power and minions? But there you have it."
[21:49] <Kotono> "First part sounds unbelievable," Finnegan shrugs, "Second part? Fiends routinely bragged that doing this or that would get them rewarded. I'd expect I'd have to kill them later, with whatever power their patron's favor gave them."
[21:50] <Jaela> "It's more that I don't see how you'd make avowed traitors into your most trusted and powerful nobles." Jaela shrugs again. "But I'm sure there's some stupid plan in the works."
[21:55] <Kotono> "I'd be more surprised if a fiend ever trusted anyone else," Finnegan quips as you approach. The giants await at the gates, lead by the Jarl.
[21:57] * Jaela is covered with a spell that would anticipate any teleportation or other dimensional travel within a sizeable radius of her in preparation of the trip. She snorts at Finnagan's words, before waving at Jarl in greeting. "So how was our fight? Decent enough to count for recruitement?"
[21:58] <Kotono> "Yes," He answers, "With the proper amount of drink, song and of course Galuh!" Thumping a fist into his open palm, "You two little ones might need to prove yourselves."
[21:59] <Jaela> Jarl gets a grin in return. "So long as we prove it to someone you don't mind seeing humiliated." She gestures out into Ysgard. "Where do you want me to open the gate?"
[22:01] <Kotono> "Somewhere on the ground." The Jarl looks up, "We'll take care of the rest."
[22:03] <Jaela> A Gate into Elysium is opened in response. Jaela picks the spot that she had visited first along with the rest of the founding officers of Aurora.
[22:10] <Kotono> Through the gates do the giants go, Finnegan stepping through just before Jaela. Once through you feel the siren call of the realm, everything becoming brighter and more alive. Vitality fills Jaela as the giants whoop and cheer, before gathering together.
[22:11] * Jaela observes calmly for the time being.
[22:13] <Kotono> Finnegan stays nearby as the giants make a circle! They look up as one and bellow, "GET OVER HEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
[22:14] <Jaela> With a snort, Jaela decides to come closer and see what they're doing.
[22:15] <Kotono> They're looking up and bellowing for something to come over here. It's about as obvious up close as it was from farther away.
[22:16] <Jaela> In that case, when someone does drop down she will get a front row seat of the proceedings!
[22:22] <Kotono> As they continue to shout Finnegan follows, loosely at the ready with relaxed posture. "Reminds me of the shouters of the Dragonlands."
[22:22] <Jaela> "Better hope it's not a dragon, then. They kinda hate me."
[22:26] <Kotono> "Killed a few in my time, but it wasn't ever personal," he says. Meanwhile the giants continue to shout! More interestingly, above you can see white clouds gathering.
[22:28] <Jaela> Fortunate Fate. She casts it on Finnegan, and then herself. "It's not really personal for me either, but Bahamut and Tiamat have it in for me. So they're compelling dragons to hate on me, whether they want to or not."
[22:39] <Kotono> "Hell of a curse," Finnegan observes, "I've had a few curses in my day. It sounds much worse than the curse of 'no one wants to take your gold' or 'women always think you're gay'. I ended up opposing a coven that specialized in all sorts of curses. That was an eventful few months."
[22:40] <Jaela> "I could cure it, but what's the point? Won't change the fact that their race's Mommy and Daddy hate my guts any."
[22:44] <Kotono> Before Finnegan can really reply, Jaela can see it above. A great gout of puffy white clouds has gathered above, and one of them is descending down! Cheers erupt from the cloud giants, as resting in the center of the cl oud you can see a huge-sized keg and several giant sized tankards next to it.
[22:45] * Jaela raises an eyebrow. "Free beer?" she calls out to the nearby giants.
[22:56] <Kotono> The Jarl turns, "It's basic hospitality."
[22:57] <Jaela> "Is there a host with that keg?" Jaela asks, peering up at the descending cloud.
[22:59] <Kotono> "Up there," The cloud alights down as the giant amble on, "We'll see him when we get up there!"
[23:00] * Jaela hops on the cloud herself, ready to assist Finnegan should he need it.
[23:02] <Kotono> Finnegan manages the hop up easily enough! Once up, the cloud begins to slowly rise up, as the giants pour huge mugs of beer! "Does beer still taste like pisswater?" he asks in a very low voice to Jaela.
[23:03] <Jaela> "Wouldn't know. Don't touch that stuff."
[23:07] <Kotono> "Good on you," Finnegan answers, keeping his voice very low indeed. "Only a fool drinks until all the troubles are dealt with, let alone beer."
[23:08] <Jaela> "I've got a pretty high tolerance. And Heal, in case it gets bad."
[23:09] <Kotono> Meanwhile the giants gleefully drink it up and start singing away - something about battle and sport. "If you do want to drink, I plan to abstain," Finnegan says, "No one'll get past me if things go wrong."
[23:11] <Jaela> "Nah." Jaela shakes her head. "It'll feel fake if I do it. We're recruiting people on our own merits, not pretending to be someone we're not for that."
[23:13] <Kotono> "Fakes get found out," Finnegan remarks, "My hardest battles were a group of misguided wizards who used charm magic to make an entire city love them. It was all smoke, mirrors and magic. Someone always finds you out...even if they have to learn how to oppose magic to do it."
[23:14] <Jaela> "Charm on a city? To make people love them?" Jaela's face twists in disbelief. "This for real?"
[23:22] <Kotono> "Social outcasts," Adjusting his hood a bit as the giants drink and make noise, "Miserable, sad and lonely people who had nothing but magic. They were horrible at anything social. Couldn't say twenty words without a tonguetangle. Once I could empty my mind out, they couldn't charm me and I was able to talk them down." Looking out up at the clouds above, slowly getting closer, "There was a big
[23:22] <Kotono> speech about how they were sorry, how they were lonely and all of it, asking for forgiveness." After just a moment, "They were all exiled and barred from returning on the pain of death." Here he grunts, "A few people did feel sorry for them and chose to go with them. Just a few, but it was enough for them to go form a village elsewhere."
[23:23] <Jaela> "I don't know if I should laugh or drink to forget I ever heard the story."

Corwin

#t

[21:24] <Kotono> Going off and meeting with Stille at Aurora's gate is without incident. You find him waiting there, whistling and smiling as you approach. He raises his hand in greeting as Ithea approaches.
[21:26] <Ithea> "And so we meet again, Sir Stille," Ithea says with a smile as she reaches him.
[21:29] <Kotono> Stille comes in to embrace Ithea, a warm kiss shared between the two. He parts after, "Shall we? It's a brisk day in Ysgard."
[21:29] <Ithea> "Lead the way," Ithea says, gesturing ahead, since she doesn't know Stille's exact plans.
[21:32] <Kotono> Thus the two of you head out of Aurora, a good pace in the brisk weather. Stille's breath mists out of his mouth as he speaks, "How's Sylvie doing?"
[21:37] <Ithea> "She's doing fine. She wanted to tell me about a romantic encounter she had, that was all," Ithea answers.
[21:42] <Kotono> "Aaaaah," Stille nods knowingly, "Of course. A fair maiden shouldn't speak of her dalliances to just anyone." Taking Ithea's hand, the two go on. A sort of comfortable silence take the two - walking hand in hand for a dozen minutes, down a mountain path and to a thicket of trees below. The scent of roasting meat fills the air, fragrant smoke rising around the pine trees. It smells
[21:42] <Kotono> deliciously savory, the scent thick enough to cut and serve on a plate.
[21:44] <Ithea> "It smells delicious. What prompted an outdoors meal, out of curiosity?" Ithea asks with a smile as she takes in the smells.
[21:47] <Kotono> "It was Dana's idea," Stille says lightly, "In the last battle, I came in possession of a crystal hammer that's a useful focus for mental powers. I traded it to her and that was one of the things she gave me for it."
[21:50] <Ithea> "Oh? Interesting," Ithea comments.
[21:52] <Kotono> "I suppose I could have gotten coin for it," he says easily, "But fair suggestions to make you happy is worth more than sackfuls of gold." Leading Ithea to within, you find that the center of the thicket is cleared. A large fire burns in a firepit, a rather large animal roasting on a spit. It sizziles with grease and juices, smelling oh so good. Past it is a clear blue lake, with the
[21:52] <Kotono> occasional pine needle floating within it.
[22:19] * Ithea chuckles. "Well, a lot of people would say this place is more than worth such gold any way, and I think I might be tempted to agree. Thank you."
[22:24] <Kotono> Stille goes and checkst he roasting beast, using a cup to gather the juices and splash it back over the top. He reaches into a pocket and sprinkles some sort of powered herb over it - mmm, smells like garlic. "It'll need another hour to roast," Stille says. "Shall we take a swim to pass the time until then, Ithea?"
[22:30] <Ithea> "I'd rather not get wet, sorry, Stille," Ithea apologizes. "I don't mind watching from the shore if you want to swim though..."
[22:35] <Kotono> With a curling little smile, "You'd like to watch me?" Stille says with a smile, reaching up to caress Ithea's cheek, "I didn't bring anything to wear while bathing."
[22:38] <Ithea> "And you still asked to go for a swim, huh? How shameless," Ithea teases with a smile.
[22:39] <Kotono> "Well, if neither of us have anything to wear to swim," Stille says easily, "We'll have to stay warm in other ways while we're in there."
[22:45] <Ithea> "You'd have to find a way to stay warm alone, Stille. I -really- don't want to get wet," Ithea says with a snort. Pausing, she adds, "And you'd better not splash me either!"
[22:59] <Kotono> "Ah, such cruel fate," he smiles, taking off his gloves. "But life is ever full of challenge.s"
[23:02] <Ithea> "Some challenges aren't meant to be taken," Ithea replies.
[23:06] <Kotono> Stille removes his jacket and shirt next - my, he's in good shape. As he goes for his pants, "Still, you should enjoy this," he says. "I've found that taking the challenges that seem the hardest or most removed can lead to the most rewarding victories."
[23:10] <Ithea> "Hrm, if you say so..." Ithea mumbles as she goes check on the food, even if she does peek back at Stille now and then.
[23:12] <Kotono> Stille isn't wearing a thing as he casually follows Ithea, going to hug her from behind. "Is something wrong?" he asks quietly. "You can look...or is something else bothering you?"
[23:14] <Ithea> "Sylvie mentioned children and being ready for them, or not being ready, as the case might be. May have gotten cold feet about going further for a while... sorry," Ithea comments, looking a little red.
[23:17] <Kotono> "Ooooh, I see." Stille takes Ithea by the shoulders and turns her around, stepping back into full view. "I give you my word I don't do something that risks that for you." Going on, voice still light and appealing, "It doesn't mean you can't look...or that there's not other things." With an entirely different look, "I can shatter your heavens with other parts of my body. Don't be afraid,
[23:17] <Kotono> Ithea. I care about you very much."
[23:19] <Ithea> "I...know. I care about you too. Just kind of uncomfortable taking that extra step, even if, y'know, there aren't babies involved? I can't really put it all on Sylvie, some of it's just my own stuff."
[23:25] <Kotono> "Ithea," Stille looks into her eyes, "Do you trust me? Trust me to show you how wonderful it can be. Let me help you with that and let me show you how to love." Reaching up to play with the side of her shirt, "Please. Just nod, relax and let me undress you. Trust me and I'll make you happier than you ever realized you could be."
[23:28] * Ithea bites her lip, and shakes her head. "Look, I know it's supposed to feel good, and I really, -really-, don't doubt your ability to make it feel good, but...I'm not ready for that step. Not yet."

Corwin

#d

[20:42] <Kotono> "It's a sad one," Finnegan agrees, "The new village they formed ended up surviving. I swung by a few times after the Triarch mess and it wasn't bad."
[20:43] <Jaela> "If you say so." Jaela shrugs. "So where are you from, originally?"
[20:49] <Kotono> Taking a moment to watch the celebrating giants, "White Gable. Ever seen a quiet elven village off the beaten path? That was White Gable. It was named that since the only multistory building in the town had a steep white gable. That was the highlight of the place. I was the child of the local blacksmith, learned basic iron working from when I was short enough to barely come up to his knee."
[20:49] <Jaela> "Sounds like a decent life. What made you put it all behind?"
[20:59] <Kotono> "I was a few years past my apprenticeship. We weren't like the serious armor crafters who make the elven mails, so my apprenticeship lasted only about 10 years. When I was done, father wasn't ready to give up being the town's blacksmith, so I found myself with free time. I soon exhausted the possibilities within White Gable, so I took to talking longer and longer walkabouts. They became multiple
[20:59] <Kotono> day journies in time. Father had taught me how to fight as a child and I learned naturecraft wandering around." Pausing as h elooks up, the clouds rising higher and higher, "Came on a village being troubled by an orc infiltration group and I took care of it. One thing happened after another there, and I ended up not returning to White Gable for a very long time."
[21:02] * Jaela snorts. "Only a decade. That's what, half my life so far?" She shakes her head. "It's always fun to talk to a pure elf." She glances up at the other clouds herself. "Sounds like you did the right thing when you got the call."
[21:07] <Kotono> "I didn't get a call until I was a hero ten times over." Above the clouds are getting larger - won't be much longer now. "We had a blue hair in our village, and my birth augury was unremarkable. Being a hero isn't about being dragged into it because of a call, anyway. It's about doing in deed and word."
[21:07] <Jaela> "Not that sorta call. The kind where you see someone being troubled and you don't just walk on by?"
[21:12] <Kotono> "Oh that." Finnegan remarks, "You mean doing the right thing."
[21:13] <Jaela> "Pretty much. The personal call's the one that matters the most, I figure. Anything else above it is just extra. But if your own heart's not in it, I doubt having a patron prod you along would do much of anything."
[21:16] <Kotono> At this the cloud reaches the bottom of the rest of the clouds. It beginst o merge in, as you feel yourself being pulled up with it, through the fluffy whiteness.
[21:19] <Jaela> "Hey, Jarl!" Jaela calls out to the leader of the giants. "Gonna tell me any time soon who we're meeting here?"
[21:21] <Kotono> "You'll see in a moment!" The Jarl calls back as you rise up to the surface! You stand atop a fluffy white cloud - the surface is slightly giving but solid. Ahead of you are gigantic castles, each with huge yards and Galuh boards. Standing near by is an immaculately, richly dressed cloud giant. His white beard is neatly trimmed and he wears a circlet of gold. A jeweled sword hangs unsheathed on
[21:21] <Kotono> his back and his voice is loud. "Outrageous!" He bellows, stomping on over, "Jarl B is back and he's brought along Jaela of Aurora!" He stomps on over, easily four dozen feet tall and looking down at Jaela. "Splendidly outrageous!"
[21:22] * Jaela stares up at him. "Nice to be recognized on sight!" she calls back.
[21:24] <Kotono> Finnegan stays in place, loose but on guard. Meanwhile the huge cloud giant laughs, "Beautiful! IF you weren't so small, your outrageous beauty would make me sweep you right off your feet! Jarl Weylswind," he adds with an exaggerated bow, "Last I heard, you took the femur of a pit fiend and used it to beat a gelugon to death, then turned it into a backscratcher!"
[21:31] <Jaela> "Ew, for real?" Jaela makes a face. "I could do it, but damn! That shit's just creepy! I just kill the fuckers, I don't accessorize with them."
[21:32] <Kotono> Laughter comes up from one and all, more beer being passed around, "I like the cut of your words! Profanity from an angel? Now that's outrageous! Speaking of," Looking about, "We have a feast readied and you're all invited!"
[21:34] <Jaela> "I could eat." Jaela grins, and thumps Finnegan's shoulder lightly. "This is our newest officer, Finnegan." She invited him along on this, and she'd be damned if she doesn't introduce him to be properly included with the rest of them.
[21:38] <Kotono> "Finnegan, eh?" The new Jarl gives him a look, before whistling, "That's an outrageous spear you have there! Do you have one like it in my size?"
[21:40] <Kotono> Finnegan looks up without any sign of fear at all, "Val is one of a kind," he answers back. "One size and only one size."
[21:42] <Jaela> "Speaking of outrageous shit, how about your new hammer?" Jaela asks their resident Jarl. "Nasty piece of work. Had the privelege of seeing it in person."
[21:44] <Kotono> The Jarl comes on over and hefts it, "This thing could shatter adamantine bars with one blow," he declares, offering it handle first to the new Jarl. He takes it up with a grin, hefting it. "Waaaaah!" He calls, "Oh yes, now this is an outrageous hammer! Where'd you get it from?"
[21:45] <Jaela> "Killed a massive fucker that was swinging it like there was no tomorrow. One of Lixer's goons."
[21:51] <Kotono> "Good! Gave that fool an outrageous and righteous kicking!" The new Jarl roars as you head along, tossing the hammer back. The Jarl's eyes widen as he fumbles it, barely managing ot catch his hammer. As Jarl Weylswind laughs and goes on, "Those sort tend to be slippery, so did you put it down for good?"
[21:52] <Jaela> "It looked pretty splattered."
[21:57] <Kotono> Amid roaring and laughter you are lead into the castle. You soon find yourself in an absolutely titantic dining hall, dozens and dozens of cloud giants about! A feast big e nough to serve thousands of normal sized folks is splayed out, the chairs much too big and low for any benefit to Jaela and Finnegan. The two are tiny little dots amid a sea of giants, yet nonetheless the new Jarl takes them
[21:57] <Kotono> to the head of the table. He offers his hadn out, "Need a hand up?" he asks.
[21:59] <Jaela> With a snort, Jaela flies up to the top of the table. She'd seen the pixies in their midst eat with furniture too large for them before, and it's not like there is anything humiliating about doing so herself.
[22:03] <Kotono> Finnegan manages a running leap up to chair and then table, joining Jaela. All eyes are on the two of you, as the new Jarl sits down. "Welcome to our guests, including two little ones!" He declares, loud enough to be heard at the barely visible to Jaela table end. "Guests, can you show us something outrageous and impressive, or are you just another few little ones without much to your names?"
[22:09] <Jaela> "I've got just the spell any good party needs!" Jaela announces. Sublime Revelry always takes a bit longer to set up than more of her spells. It is also always well worth the wait. As it takes hold upon them, she gestures at Finnegan. "That's the outrageous part," Jaela says with a wide grin. "Finnegan's got impressive taken care of, he and his spear. You lot, feel priveleged! You're about to see the legendary spear and its wielder at work for the first time in ages!" A weapon for killing is about as suitable for a demonstration as a spell normally used for combat, but this won't be some duel. There is no need to fear wounding someone with Finnegan's spear, and Jaela cannot see a display of prowess in order to recruit allies to their Crusade as something that would be beneath them.
[22:11] <Kotono> OOC: Wha'ts the range on Revelry?
[22:11] <Jaela> OOC: 30ft radius. I'll just march/fly down the table to get the rest with repeated castings, it lasts like 22 minutes
[22:19] <Kotono> OOC: Okay. What is it you want Finnegan to do here?
[22:21] <Jaela> OOC: He has the artifact spear. When I had it, it had stars of arvandor and a bunch of things. I just want him to show off, be it through perform: weapon drill or by demonstrating that stuff.
[22:37] <Kotono> As a peaceful revelry overtakes the giants, Finnegan takes to the table! Glowing stars fly about, as a fearsome display of martial fury shines! The giants quickly seem dazedly enraptured, watching as Finnegan leaps off a huge cooked goose and continues!
[22:38] * Jaela cheers him on, laughing. That's even better than she expected!
[22:46] <Kotono> The giants are completely rapt as Finnegan continues, leaping over Jaela w ith a flip and landing behind her! Finnegan is at the back of her neck, pose held a moment before he lowers it. With big, dazed grins the giants clap and cheer, like constant thunderclaps exploding around you.
[22:47] * Jaela claps with the rest of them. "Your fascination with my neck aside, nice going!"
[22:50] <Kotono> "Protect your neck," Finnegan says solemnly, but with a hint of a smile. It's just barely heard amid the clapping.
[22:51] <Jaela> "It's fine, I regenerate anyway. Eventually."
[22:57] <Kotono> Finnegan nods, "Shouldn't have to worry about that as long as I'm around," he says, just barely over the approval din. "Think we got 'em. Let's eat while they savor the rest of the spell?"
[22:58] * Jaela returns that nod. "Can't let the feast go to waste!"
[23:04] <Kotono> From there the duo feasts! The food is quite good and there's more than enough. The giants join you, general revelry effected. Within an hour most of the giants are drunk and boasting, Jarl Weylswind among them. "Outrageous," he declares as he finishes off another tankard of ale. "The Jarl's been a good influence on Aurora! That's a damned good spell and look at that hammer he has now!"
[23:05] <Jaela> "That's just the latest hammer he got!" Jaela boasts, drinking herself. In moderation, compared to the giants, of course. "One thing our enemies are good for is deluding themselves. They think they're gonna win and so they come at us with their best toys, time and again!"
[23:10] <Kotono> Finnegan abstains from that entirely, staying close to Jaela at all times. "So you take it from them! Perfectly outrageous!" He declares with a laugh. "So when are you going to ask us to come along?"
[23:10] <Jaela> "You lot! Come along to the Aurora!"
[23:12] <Kotono> "I won't," he says, "It would be disrespectful to come and usurp another Jarl's authority," he explains, "But he could use more than the eight giants he has now. He doesn't even have any dire lions or griffons with him! Outrageously intolerable!"
[23:13] <Jaela> "No kidding!"
[23:16] <Kotono> "Well," Slamming his tankard down, "We're going to fix that!" Rising and offering his hand out to Jaela and Finnegan, "How many leaders does Aurora have? I've heard of you and a few other generals - a handsome man with a silver blade and a pixie assassin, also a catwoman."
[23:18] <Jaela> "Five of us," Jaela responds. Adrian? Handsome? "You're missing a firre. Gisfal tends to hold down the fort. It may not be as glorious, but he's good at it."
[23:24] <Kotono> "Then five of our finest mounts shall be yours, one for each. A lion or a griffon for each of you!" he declares.
[23:25] <Jaela> "Nice, thanks! I'll be sure to send something back once we kill something huge, evil and impressive! I bet they'd have awesome huge stuff!"
[23:28] <Kotono> "Cheers to that!" Jarl Weylswind declares! "We'll play Galuh for the rest of the day to celebrate!"
[23:29] <Jaela> Oh, how she hates the thought. But what the hell, she can play it for one day. She's certainly seen it enough to know the rules, and she won't lose to the giant in strength, not with her magic and training!