News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

014: Greed and Divorce

Started by Yuthirin, September 23, 2012, 01:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

[16:30] <@Koaway> ----
[16:31] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay, last I checked the party was heading towards a portal to Celestia to try and get Iris back into the land o' the living. Any adjustments or are we still rollin' with that?
[16:31] <Fiora> OOC: Sounds good to me. Fiora is putting in the effort to make sure the body remains okay until we get there.
[16:33] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay.
[16:33] <@Koaway> roll 1d100
[16:33] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d100 and gets 81." [1d100=81]
[16:33] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d100 and gets 34." [1d100=34]
[16:33] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d100 and gets 98." [1d100=98]
[16:33] <@Koaway> roll 1d100 subtables dun dun duuuuuuuun
[16:33] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d100 subtables dun dun duuuuuuuun and gets 19." [1d100=19]
[16:35] <@Koaway> You wander in the timeless void, forever going and always just beginning. Yet you make progress in this mind-numbing tedium of forever-notime, eventually finding something on the horizon. A walled city floats in the void, serene and untouched by the breezes blowing through the silvery Astral. The wall is made of what looks to be iron or steel and a dome of iron bands prevent anyone from just
[16:35] <@Koaway> flying in. There's a grand gate painted gold, shining and abnormally visible and clear, even from far away.
[16:37] <Fiora> "Perhaps we can find some aid there?" Fiora asks, looking at the others to see if they might know any more of what this place may be then she does.
[16:39] <@Morana> roll d20+9 K:P Is it the gith city or any other city I'd know something about?
[16:39] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+9 K:P Is it the gith city or any other city I'd know something about? and gets 11." [d20=2]
[16:41] <@Morana> "Perhaps," Morana says in agreement. She figures Hamish will redirect the cart.
[16:42] <Fiora> OOC: Fiora will take 10 on K:P for 18. Derp, forgot to say that earlier.
[16:43] * Aleira shrugs, still somewhat despondent as she dwells on Iris's death.
[16:43] <@Koaway> Approaching the gate, you find it guarded by a pair of men in full plate armor. They are helmeted and speak with muffled voices, "Halt travelers!" They call as the party approaches. "You approach the trading outpost of Gloma."
[16:44] * Fiora floats up a bit ahead of the others, "Hail. We have a fallen comrade, and are hoping to find some way of returning life to her. Is this a place we could find such aid?"
[16:47] <@Koaway> "Anything is for sale here, even life," The guard confirms, "There is a two standard gold coin per head entry tax into Gloma. In the event you do not have Gloma standard coins, we will weigh your coins and derive the value they have. Once in Gloma, be aware that any official purchases must be done in Gloma standard coins. There are several currency exchanges to facilitate your needs. On entering
[16:47] <@Koaway> Gloma, you will all be required to submit to a Peacebond spell for the duration. All violence is strictly forbidden in Gloma and violators will face the full weight of the law."
[16:48] * Fiora looks back to the others, "Sounds fine to me. Shall we?"
[16:49] <@Morana> "What does the peacebond spell do, exactly?" Morana asks curiously.
[16:49] * Aleira nods in agreement. "I've no objection."
[16:50] <@Koaway> "All manufactured weapons will be unable to be drawn for the duration of your stay," The guard explains.
[16:53] <Hamish> "S'long as it applies to everyone in the city, I can agree to that." Hamish nods thoughtfully.
[16:53] <@Morana> "That does sound reasonable," Morana says. "Are there other protections, preventing magical or psychic attacks?" she also adds curiously. "And do you cast this spell, or do we need to go somewhere for it?"
[16:54] <@Koaway> "It will be done here," he explains, "All magic use within Gloma is monitored. Magic use to attack or cause harm to others is strictly illegal and will be punished to the full extent of the law."
[16:55] <@Morana> "Good," Morana says, as she draws two coins for herself, to check if that's enough. She doesn't have Gloma coins after all.
[16:56] <Fiora> "But no restrictions on healing?" Fiora confirms, explaining, "I am a healer myself, and will be willing to cast on contract with the authorities here should it be needed during our stay." It seemed to her that money made the world go round in this town, and they may need more then they had to get Iris raised.
[16:59] <@Koaway> "There are no restrictions on healing magic," Is the answer you get, as the coins are taken. "Allow me to measure these."
[17:01] * @Morana waits for the results!
[17:01] * Aleira also takes two coins off of her person, ready to pay the fine.
[17:02] <@Koaway> A small little scale is taken out, the coins measured. A few musical notes play before, "Each of these coins is worth .75 of a Gloma standard coin. Therefore each of you will need to pay 3 gold to enter. There are 5 of you, so that it a total of 15 gold."
[17:03] * Hamish smilingly pulls three gold pieces from his pouch and passes them over!
[17:03] * Fiora pays the man three of her coins.
[17:05] * Aleira draws out another coin and pays the man!
[17:05] <@Koaway> OOC: Post the expense in loot.
[17:06] <@Koaway> Once done the guard goes to each of you, "I will now invoke the peacebond." A few murmured words and that's the end of it. The golden gates open, "The Ferrum is several streets down. Signs will direct you. You can see to your spellcasting needs there."
[17:06] * @Morana also pays her last coin and with a nod, steps in.
[17:07] * Hamish snaps the reins, urging his oversized holy horses forward!
[17:08] <@Koaway> Within, you find the streets smooth cobblestones. It's clean, well kept and open. Occasional islands of grass split the roads, bursting with color. The buildings are all crafted of unrusted iron. There aren't many people on the streets, but those that are clean, well dressed and keep to themselves. OOC: Next move?
[17:08] <Hamish> OOC: Follow the signs! To Victory!
[17:09] <@Morana> ooc: Let's find the local temples and find which one looks like it has the most kind and helpful sucker!
[17:09] <@Morana> ooc: That will do the rez for free!
[17:09] <Hamish> OOC: ^
[17:11] <@Koaway> The signs are quite detailed and at each intersection. There only seems to be one game in town for temples: The Ferrum. At least according to the signs.
[17:12] <Hamish> So on they go.
[17:12] * @Morana points that out to Hamish and lets him lead on!
[17:15] <@Koaway> The Ferrum is a dome of iron, surrounded by grassy lawns. The entryway is an arch, each side of the arch a beautiful woman carved of iron. Within all is steel and iron gray, save for the occasional accents of gold. Past an antechamber and a long hallway, you come to the heart of the cathedral. It is very traditional. Pews of iron and one great, grand altar. No symbol, just iron as far as the
[17:15] <@Koaway> eye can see, accented with gold in the right places to be tasteful. As you enter a figure approaches. He is dressed in the same gray with gold accents as the temple design. He is a beautiful, lithe humanoid with sculpted muscles that ripple beneath his fine clothes. He has black wings and fine, fair white skin. He speaks in a soothing, restful tone, "This Iron Man of the Ferrum greets you," he
[17:15] <@Koaway> says, "To what profit can be work towards today?"
[17:17] <Fiora> "Greetings," Fiora offers as warm of a smile as she can in such a place, "we find ourselves needing to revive a fallen comrade. Can you help us?"
[17:18] <@Koaway> "I can. We understand your pain in this time of need, so allow us to get right to business so this unpleasantry can be resolved." Smiling with that same soothing air as his words, "Who is the fallen?"
[17:19] <Hamish> "Iris here." Hamish taps the cart, grimacing. "Some sort of sand...something...hit her with acid. It's not pretty."
[17:21] <@Koaway> "I understand," Nodding, "The standard fee for resurrection is 10,000 Gloma standard gold coins."
[17:22] * Hamish nods along, quantifying that in a moment. Figures.
[17:22] * Fiora blanches a bit, and looks at the others, "Ah...do we even have that much between all of us?"
[17:23] <Hamish> "We'd be lucky if we had half of it." Hamish says calmly.
[17:24] <@Koaway> After a moment he smiles, "I'm sure we can work something out. I presume you are travelers?"
[17:25] <Fiora> "We are, yes." Fiora nods.
[17:26] <@Koaway> "Gloma is a young community and we're still looking to expand," He goes on, "A promise to steer nine merchants within a year's time towards Gloma would be sufficient recompense."
[17:28] <@Morana> "That should be doable," Morana says after a bit of thought.
[17:29] <@Koaway> "A minor geas on your fallen friend will be required," he goes on further, still smiling. "It will simply monitor that our agreement is fulfilled."
[17:30] <Fiora> "Hmm," Fiora thinks, "I could write up some advertisements for the city, essentially. Hand one to any travelling merchant we pass, or a merchant in any major settlement near a portal?"
[17:30] <@Koaway> "I like that," Your host says, "Advertising is a rewarding way to expand your market share," he says, "Keep thinking like that, miss."
[17:31] * Fiora nods, "If you like, I'll work with you for a bit to make sure the advertisement is both truthful and to your approval," Fiora's past as a messenger began to rear its head, "I assume we're going to stay the night at least?"
[17:32] <Fiora> (OOC: I'm down with just offscreaning that with a Craft(Writing) check? Don't want to steal screen time for something like that)
[17:32] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay. More on that in a few.
[17:32] <@Koaway> "That's agreeable." Your host says, "If we have agreement, I can begin the resurrection."
[17:33] <@Morana> "I'm good with that."
[17:34] * Hamish nods along. Should have gone to Celestia instead. Less greed, he'd think.
[17:35] <@Koaway> With this, Iris is taken out of the cart. She is carried to the foot of the altar and laid there. Your host kneels, beginning to pray. Around him candles rise from the ground, pure white wax turning iron gray as they burn. "Your Iron Grace," he prays, "The sigil is prepared and the contract is done. Return life to this mortal vessel!" At this Iris heals, her breath beginning in one great gasp
[17:35] <@Koaway> as awareness returns to her! OOC: Act, Iris.
[17:38] * Iris jolts back into awareness with eyes wide, a finger shooting out to point at something unseen. "--behind us, everyone, there's something there--ngh--" With a look of pained recollection, she reaches up with both hands as if to reassure herself that her head is indeed still in existence.
[17:39] * Fiora hugs Iris with a complete lack of propriety!
[17:39] <Iris> "Mmf!" Iris's expression of shock shows no signs of abating!
[17:40] <Fiora> "I'm sorry. I wish I could have done something...but it happened so fast." Fiora releases her after a moment, smiling.
[17:42] <@Morana> "Your face melted just out of nowhere. It was very traumatizing for us to watch you quickly dissolve into horribly smelling blood and flesh," Morana says in agreement. "Hopefully we can keep that from happening again."
[17:42] <Iris> "Yes," Iris agrees. "Yes it did. We were all careless, myself included." She looks around. "I am obliged to thank you all. Where are we now? How did you arrange this?"
[17:42] <@Morana> "You'll be happy to know that I think you got divorced from Hamish now though. Marriage is only until death do you part, after all."
[17:43] <@Koaway> "Ah," Your host speak sup, "That is true, but we do marriages here as well. Do you wish to renew your bonds?"
[17:43] <Iris> "Not such a complete loss after all," Iris says. "Although on reflection, marriage may have been the lesser agony of the two." To their host, who Iris doesn't know at all: "No I do not," she snaps.
[17:44] * Hamish looks at the man calmly. "I somehow doubt your services would be needed." He perks up. "Th' joke's spoiled now."
[17:44] <Fiora> "It was an arraigned marriage, of sorts." Fiora explains with a half grin to their host.
[17:44] <@Morana> "Hah!"
[17:44] <@Koaway> "Ah. Now about that art..." OOC: Good to skip along, y'all?
[17:44] <Fiora> OOC: Yup.
[17:45] <Iris> OOC: because Iris is Iris, I am obliged to try and roll knowledge on what killed me. Otherwise yes.
[17:45] <@Koaway> OOC: K:Dungeoneering. Go for it.
[17:46] <Iris> OOC: Ah! One I don't have. I remain ignorant.
[17:46] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay. Make your craft check, Fiora. He'll aid you for
[17:46] <@Koaway> OOC: +2.
[17:46] <Fiora> roll 1d20+12+2 craft writing advertisement
[17:46] * Hatbot --> "Fiora rolls 1d20+12+2 craft writing advertisement and gets 26." [1d20=12]
[17:49] <@Koaway> Time doesn't pass her, but rest is had and Fiora creates some pretty good advertisements! OOC: What's your plan now, guys?
[17:50] <Fiora> OOC: take a bit of downtime and see if we can find a way to open that stuff containing the dream shard? Maybe an alchemist?
[17:50] <Hamish> OOC Yes.
[17:51] <Iris> OOC: Also might as well ask around about nearby portals. Just because we can find doesn't mean we can't ask in advance where it goes!
[17:53] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay, what sort of aid are you seeking for that material in particular? An alchemist? Okay, meanwhile make GI about portals. Up to two people can aid whomever makes the GI check.
[17:55] <@Morana> roll d20+12 GI
[17:55] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+12 GI and gets 15." [d20=3]
[17:55] <@Koaway> OOC: Anyone gonna aid her?
[17:56] <Hamish> roll 1d20+11 aid!
[17:56] * Hatbot --> "Hamish rolls 1d20+11 aid! and gets 12." [1d20=1]
[17:56] <Hamish> OOC: o_o;
[18:00] <Aleira> 1d20+12 CHa
[18:00] * Hatbot --> "Aleira rolls 1d20+12 CHa and gets 18." [1d20=6]
[18:01] <Aleira> roll 1d20+1 cha
[18:01] * Hatbot --> "Aleira rolls 1d20+1 cha and gets 10." [1d20=9]
[18:04] <@Koaway> Some digging up finds an answer. The party ends up in a quiet iron bar, sipping drinks. The barkeep is a tattooed, muscular human that foregoes a shirt. He pours the drinks skillfully, "Looking for the portals, eh?" he asks, "You're new to the Astral, aren't you?"
[18:05] <Hamish> "Sorta!" Hamish says, slinging his drink back. "Beer me again!"
[18:06] <@Koaway> Another tankard of beer is slid over, "See, distance doesn't matter here," he explains, "Once you get out into the void, think of where you want to go and travel to it. You'll find it," So he explains, "Want to find a portal to Mechanus? Think of it and you'll come to it eventually. Local doesn't really matter much."
[18:11] <Hamish> "Rather not, thanks!"
[18:12] * Aleira nods thoughtfully, surprised her sharp intellect hadn't caught on to this fact right away!
[18:12] <@Koaway> "So it's the same thing. Want a portal? Think of it and go to it. You'll find it," he answers. "That's twenty Gloma Standard for the drinks."
[18:13] <Iris> "I can think of a considerable number of worse places to travel," Iris adds for her part.
[18:14] * Hamish looks at his beer. "That's fucking  expensive beer. "
[18:14] <@Koaway> "Shipping costs," Shaking his head, "We import everything here."
[18:15] <Hamish> "Makin' yer own's probably cheaper, and you could still mark it up for a healthy profit." Hamish points out.
[18:19] <@Koaway> "Ah, the circumstances are what the yare..." he murmurs. OOC: Going to go look for a way to free that shard now?
[18:20] <Iris> OOC: Sure.
[18:22] <@Koaway> Some searching finds a promising lead. The Blind Alchemist's Shop is another iron building in an entire street of them. A well painted sign of a potion hangs over the door, and the scent of mind, old book bindings and an undercurrent of acid wafts out from within.
[18:24] * Hamish looks around. "You know, all this iron makes me uncomfortable...though I couldn't for the life of me explain why."
[18:24] * Iris walks right in holding the cube before her, looking for the proprietor. "Nor could I, Hamish. I see nothing disagreeable with the city's design."
[18:25] <@Koaway> Inside the shop are shelves of fizzing potions, sealed jars and other such things. A short, bald man in fine clothes awaits you at a desk in the back, "Welcome!" he calls, cheerful, "Can I interest you in high quality Alchemist's Fire today?"
[18:26] <Iris> "Only if it is capable of dissolving this object," Iris says, straight to business and not much for small talk. "We require access to the object trapped inside."
[18:29] <@Koaway> "Hmmmm..." Murmuring that and taking a peer at it, "Let me take a look at it, young lady."
[18:30] * Iris sets it on the counter. "I am not able to identify the substance in question. We went to considerable effort to break it by conventional means and were manifestly unsuccessful."
[18:31] * Hamish gives a soft snort at that, but says nothing.
[18:33] <@Koaway> The material gets a long examination, peered at, tapped, hit, chiseled and studied. After a good twenty minutes, "Ah yes, someone must have greatly feared this bit of glass within," he says, "They bound a spirit to this glass. As long as the spirit exists, it cannot be freed. Worse, it's been treated to be resistant to divinations...the only way I know anything about it is because I've encountered
[18:33] <@Koaway> this before." Looking up now, "The only way to free what is within is to project the spirit of a champion within and do battle with the spirit."
[18:35] <Iris> "How does one do this?" Iris asks.
[18:36] <@Koaway> "Soul projection," Looking about to them, "The ritual is simple, but the risks are considerable. Any spirit bound will not be an easy fight, and only one soul can be projected at a time. Lose and you'll die." Looking about to all of them, "Do any of you want to be a hero?"
[18:38] * Hamish looks downright apathetic about it all!
[18:38] <Iris> "My skills are not well-suited for dueling," is Iris's contribution.
[18:40] <@Morana> "Would we be restricted by the peacebond spell?" Morana asks.
[18:40] <@Morana> "And what happens to the bound spirit? Is it freed upon defeat?" she adds.
[18:41] <@Koaway> "It will be freed and sent back to whence it was summoned from," The man explains, "I don't think you would be, since you're not within Gloma."
[18:44] <@Morana> "If it will be free a spirit, it would be wrong not to volunteer," Morana says.
[18:44] <Fiora> "If we cast enhancement spells on the one going in before she does so, will they be in effect for her during the fight?" Fiora asks.
[18:45] <@Koaway> "They should work," He says.
[18:45] * Iris nods. "In which case we should postpone the attempt until after I have had an evening to reacquaint myself with my spell book."
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

[18:46] <@Morana> "Alright then," Morana says with a nod of her own.
[18:46] <@Koaway> "Come back when you're ready,"
[18:46] <@Koaway> OOC: Gah.
[18:46] <@Koaway> "Come back when you're ready," he says.
[18:46] <Fiora> "How much will this service cost us?" Fiora asks, so they know to bring the right amount in advance.
[18:49] <@Koaway> "Two hundred Gloma Standard," he says.
[18:52] <Fiora> OOC: can someone math proficient translate that into normal GPs and we can just get the right amount of money changed? Plus whatever moneychanger fee I'm SURE is levied? Or do we need to make a trip to the moneychanger IC?
[19:03] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay, let's move ya'll along.
[19:04] <@Koaway> Thus everyone gathers. In a magic circle are both Morana and the cube, the ritual beginning! Spells are cast, Morana enhanced as the last words are about to be uttered! OOC: Go ahead and throw out reactions, guys.
[19:05] <Hamish> "Gluck, girlie!" Hamish gives Morana a thumbs-up. "Kick some ghostie ass!"
[19:05] <Fiora> "You can do it!" Fiora cheers her friend on!
[19:05] * Iris observes the ritual in a spirit of academic interest. It does not appear that it would be disagreeable if her companion also survived and retrieved their target.
[19:07] * @Morana gives a silent set of prayers to her goddess, praying for success in freeing the imprisoned spirit and the shard within.
[19:08] <@Koaway> With the final words, the world around Morana vanishes! She is within crystal. Within crystal all over, as ahead of her it forms! A behemoth of white crystal twisted into cruelty, a greatsword in hand! It is as large as Morana is enchanted, "Die die die!" It howls! "No one gets the shard!"
[19:09] <@Morana> "The shard belongs to the Lady of Dreams," Morana says with fervor. "It shall be freed from this box...as shall you!"
[19:09] <@Koaway> With a scream the crystalline creature charges Morana! OOC: It be pissed. Init.
[19:09] <@Morana> roll d20+5 init
[19:09] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+5 init and gets 15." [d20=10]
[19:09] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+6 Crystalline creature
[19:09] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+6 Crystalline creature and gets 20." [1d20=14]
[19:10] * Koaway changes topic to 'Crystalline Creature(20)>Morana(15) '
[19:11] <@Koaway> Before Morana can react, the huge creature is charging her head on, sword raised to cleave her asunder!
[19:11] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+10 (+2 charge, -6 PA)
[19:11] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+10 (+2 charge, -6 PA) and gets 24." [1d20=14]
[19:11] <@Koaway> OOC: AC?
[19:11] <@Morana> ooc: miss!
[19:11] <@Koaway> But Morana's body is protected, blade deflected away harmlessly! OOC: Go.
[19:13] <@Morana> "Fury must be channeled to be of any use. Unrestricted and wild, it cannot do anything but slow you down. Channeled with purpose?" Morana says as she starts to swing her scimitar. "I do this for the Lady of Dreams, and for the Red Knight! Stand down!" (OOC: war cry+righteous fury+full attack
[19:13] <@Morana> roll d20+16
[19:13] <@Morana> roll d20+11
[19:13] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+16 and gets 26." [d20=10]
[19:13] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+11 and gets 21." [d20=10]
[19:14] <@Koaway> OOC: Two hits.
[19:14] <@Morana> roll d8+12
[19:14] <@Morana> roll d8+12
[19:14] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d8+12 and gets 14." [d8=2]
[19:14] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d8+12 and gets 17." [d8=5]
[19:14] <@Koaway> Each blow causes chips and cracks to echo through the creature's body, but it doesn't fall easily! Instead a red glow comes to its eyes as pure fury erupts! With a howling scream it counters, sending a full attack of fury at Morana!
[19:14] <@Morana> ooc: also switching auras
[19:14] <@Morana> ooc: to watchful eye and motivate care
[19:15] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay.
[19:15] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16 (+2 rage)
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 (+2 rage) and gets 22." [1d20=6]
[19:15] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16 (+2 rage)
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 (+2 rage) and gets 26." [1d20=10]
[19:15] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+11 (+2 rage)
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+11 (+2 rage) and gets 29." [1d20=18]
[19:15] <@Koaway> OOC: AC?
[19:15] <@Morana> ooc: 29
[19:15] <@Koaway> roll 2d6+14+1d6
[19:15] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 2d6+14+1d6 and gets 24." [2d6=5, 4][1d6=1]
[19:16] <@Koaway> A bitter bite of cold rips into Morana, the blade slicing across her arm! It's a deep wound rimmed with ice, causing her entire arm up to the shoulder to go numb! OOC: Ow. Go.
[19:16] * @Morana grunts and decides to try and fight more defensively, whittling down at the beast's rage as she calls upon divine protection. (ooc: divine shield for +5 AC more)
[19:19] <@Koaway> OOC: Is that it this round or do you attack too?
[19:19] <@Morana> ooc: standard action to use divine shield. Can't attack.
[19:20] <@Koaway> OOC: Okay.
[19:20] <@Koaway> Bracing herself, Morana has time to raise her shield before the next flurry comes!
[19:20] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16 (+2 rage)
[19:20] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 (+2 rage) and gets 17." [1d20=1]
[19:20] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16 (+2 rage)
[19:20] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 (+2 rage) and gets 26." [1d20=10]
[19:20] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+11 (+2 rage)
[19:20] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+11 (+2 rage) and gets 18." [1d20=7]
[19:21] <@Koaway> But Morana's shield holds, crusted with ice and sending her fingers numb - but the blade is stopped! OOC: Go.
[19:21] <@Morana> As the crystalline beast rages against her shield, Morana reacts with a pair of attacks of her own at it!
[19:21] <@Morana> roll d20+16
[19:21] <@Morana> roll d20+11
[19:21] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+16 and gets 28." [d20=12]
[19:21] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+11 and gets 14." [d20=3]
[19:21] <@Koaway> OOC: One hit.
[19:21] <@Morana> roll d8+12
[19:21] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d8+12 and gets 18." [d8=6]
[19:22] <@Morana> roll 2d4 for duration of war cry btw
[19:22] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls 2d4 for duration of war cry btw and gets 6." [2d4=3, 3]
[19:22] <@Koaway> Another blow sends cracks all over the golem! It's half crumbling as it breaks apart into a stream of shards, engulfing Morana! OOC: Ref.
[19:23] * @Morana stands fast against the attack! (using stand fast as an immediate for +5 to ref)
[19:24] <@Morana> roll d20+8+5 ref
[19:24] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+8+5 ref and gets 17." [d20=4]
[19:24] <@Koaway> roll 12d6 full owwies
[19:24] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 12d6 full owwies and gets 43." [12d6=5, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 5, 1, 3, 2, 6]
[19:24] <@Morana> ooc: oh wait, watchul eye! I get +5 again!
[19:24] <@Morana> ooc: so 22 actually
[19:24] <@Koaway> OOC: Halve that then.
[19:24] <@Morana> yay
[19:24] <@Koaway> The crystal shards nick Morana all over, opening up a dozen shallow wounds! But she gets her shield up, stopping the worst! A moment later the golem appears 20ft behind her, the stream of shards forming back together! OOC: Go.
[19:26] * @Morana moves over to continue her attack!
[19:26] <@Morana> roll d20+16
[19:26] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+16 and gets 18." [d20=2]
[19:27] <@Koaway> Morana advances but can't quite ladn another blow! A moment later, another volley of swings comes againstMorana's superlative defenses!
[19:27] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16
[19:27] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16
[19:27] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 and gets 26." [1d20=10]
[19:28] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 and gets 19." [1d20=3]
[19:28] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+11
[19:28] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+11 and gets 27." [1d20=16]
[19:28] <@Koaway> OOC: AC still sky high?
[19:28] <@Morana> ooc: Yuuuup
[19:28] <@Koaway> But Morana's glowing shield stops the blows, more ice forming on it and making it heavy! OOC: Go.
[19:29] * @Morana keeps trying to place her strikes against the creature, knowing her divine protections will eventually wear off unless she keeps calling upon them, something that could be a double edged sword against this beast from the one strike that managed to get through her defenses.
[19:29] <@Morana> roll d20+16
[19:29] <@Morana> roll d20+11
[19:29] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+16 and gets 34." [d20=18]
[19:29] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+11 and gets 15." [d20=4]
[19:29] <@Morana> roll d20+16 threat?
[19:29] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+16 threat? and gets 36." [d20=20]
[19:29] <@Koaway> OOC: One normal hit. It's a golem.
[19:29] <@Morana> roll d8+12 ah right, curses.
[19:29] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d8+12 ah right, curses. and gets 17." [d8=5]
[19:30] <@Koaway> With that heavy blow the arm of the golem is full of cracks, crumbling before you! Even as it begins to collapse it hangs on, attacking in futile fury at Morana!
[19:30] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16
[19:30] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+16
[19:30] <@Koaway> roll 1d20+11
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 and gets 25." [1d20=9]
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+16 and gets 23." [1d20=7]
[19:30] * Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+11 and gets 25." [1d20=14]
[19:30] <@Koaway> But none of them land, weaker and weaker as he swings! OOC: Go.
[19:31] * @Morana keeps weathering its attacks, and returns her own, slowly wittling it down with one attack at a time for each of its many!
[19:31] <@Morana> roll d20+16
[19:31] <@Morana> roll d20+11
[19:31] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+16 and gets 36." [d20=20]
[19:31] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+11 and gets 24." [d20=13]
[19:31] <@Morana> ooc: teasebot
[19:31] <@Morana> roll 2#d8+12
[19:31] * Hatbot --> "Morana rolls 2#d8+12 and gets 31." [2#d8+12 = 18, 13]
[19:32] <@Morana> ooc: next round, I lose the divine shield bonus.
[19:33] <@Koaway> Under those two blows, the golem cracks, cracks and collapses! Morana abruptly is within the circle, as the th shard is freed as the rest of the crystal crumbles away! OOC: Free act, all.
[19:34] * Fiora quickly moves to heal the obviously injured Morana, "Let this light be a blessed rain upon you!"
[19:34] <Fiora> roll 3d8+13 Cure Serious Wounds
[19:34] * Hatbot --> "Fiora rolls 3d8+13 Cure Serious Wounds and gets 26." [3d8=7, 4, 2]
[19:34] <Iris> "What was it?" is Iris's first question.
[19:34] * Aleira cheers. "Way to go!"
[19:36] * @Morana thanks Fiora and then finishes healing the rest of her wounds while laying a hand on her chest, light glowing from it. "A crystalline creature. I'm not sure, but it may have been driven to an insane fury from our attempts to crack the box open before or something. Outside of an initial statement, all it could do was try to get past my defenses..."
[19:36] <@Morana> "At least it's free now, and at peace, I hope."
[19:36] <Iris> "No doubt we should exercise more caution before experimenting with arcane objects in the future," Iris says. "Perhaps beginning with investigations other than hitting them."
[19:37] * Hamish shrugs.
[19:37] <@Morana> "Perhaps," Morana agrees. "Less chance of sneaking enemies that way too."
[19:39] * @Morana examines the shard freed this time, and tests out its effects, taking her turn this time.
[19:40] <@Koaway> Knowledge flows into Morana, as...OOC: Shard topic updated. Go check the effects there.
[19:40] * @Morana also returns Aleira's own shard while she's at it!
[19:40] * Aleira takes the shard!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?