News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

052.11 Muirfinn

Started by Corwin, October 12, 2012, 05:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[03:11] <Kobrb> A few days of peace for Muirfinn. One restful morning he's just about to go out when Elena appears, "Hi! Guess what?"
[03:13] * Muirfinn jolts in surprise! "Gaaaayes?" Muirfinn not-so-smoothly recovers.
[03:14] <Kobrb> "You have a bunch of lillends that want to meet you," Elena chirps.
[03:15] <Muirfinn> "And here I was wondering if my day could get any better." Muirfinn chuckles. "Where can I find them?"
[03:16] <Kobrb> "Courtyard," Elena says, "Vivantha's leading them and she's waiting for you too."
[03:17] <Muirfinn> "Best not to keep them waiting, then!" Muirfinn heads off.
[03:21] <Kobrb> Coming out into the courtyard, you soon find yourself before row after row of lillend. The half snake, half angel creatures all stand, a rainbow of hair and scale colors. Each one is beautiful in a way that transcends mortality, a breath of the impossible and everlasting that is everpresent and yet difficult to pinpoint. At the head of them is Vivantha - clad in crown and jewelry, smiling warmly
[03:21] <Kobrb> as Muirfinn approaches. "Brave hero. We have come!"
[03:24] <Muirfinn> "Please, be welcome here! Your presence is appreciated here more than I can say." Muirfinn bows to the women. "As for you, you do me too much honor, Vivantha. I'm no hero, not quite yet I don't think. Call me Muirfinn, please."
[03:28] <Kobrb> "You risked your life to help us and then worked to end a miserable war," Vivantha goes to to him, "You are a hero."
[03:37] * Muirfinn shakes his head. "Perhaps. We shall see what truly comes of us all when we begin our final push to retake Lifasa. If we can win, if we can drive them out, then perhaps our people will sing songs of us. But enough sadness and meloncholy! You are here, and this is a joyous occasion! It is a good excuse for a feast!"
[03:39] <Kobrb> "A fine idea!" Vivantha says, as Elena appears. "Ooooh, that sounds like fun! Want me to get the cafeteria set up for it?"
[03:43] <Muirfinn> "If you would be so kind, Elena, we would much appreciate it!" Muirfinn says.
[03:45] <Kobrb> A cheer goes up from the lillend as Elena vanishes. "Do you have your own bards here, Muirfinn?"
[03:47] * Muirfinn taps his beak. "...Ebony is one, I believe. I'm sure we have others as well. Looking for a bit of music?"
[03:52] <Kobrb> "That and professional cortesy," Vivantha smiles, "Could you have them join us?"
[03:56] <Muirfinn> "I could round them up. Think you can get your sisters settled in the cafeteria? I don't doubt that many will join us before long, and you will all get a chance to make new friends. I do know that those hailing from Ysgard enjoy any excuse to throw a party."
[04:03] <Kobrb> With that, the group all goes off. A great feast is set before you, the lillend mixing with various people all around Aurora. Yet as it goes on, Muirfinn notes Vivantha slipping away. She slips away to join Misalea and Ebony, the three having a huddled conversation away from it all.
[04:05] * Muirfinn eyes them briefly, but chooses to let them alone. Best not to interfere when females congregate.
[04:09] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+33 diplo Vivantha
[04:09] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+33 diplo Vivantha and gets 45." [1d20=12]
[04:10] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+39 diplomacy Ebony
[04:10] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+39 diplomacy Ebony and gets 47." [1d20=8]
[04:11] <Kobrb> As they talk, you can catch all of them shooting brief, secretive looks at you. Meanwhile the lillend drink, eat and make merry. One of them flies in the air, a barbarian riding her shoulders like a piggyback ride. Meanwhile a firre eladrin and a lillend have gotten a paint set and easel from somewhere and are currently painting something together, with quite the crowd.
[04:12] <Muirfinn> Curious and laughing at the flyiing duo, Muirfinn heads over to the crowd to see what is happening.
[04:16] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+33 diplo Vivantha
[04:16] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+33 diplo Vivantha and gets 46." [1d20=13]
[04:16] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+39 diplomacy Ebony
[04:16] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+39 diplomacy Ebony and gets 41." [1d20=2]
[04:21] <Kobrb> It takes some effort to get closer. Pushing a few people out of the way, you manage to get a view. The two are painting opposide sides of the canvas, working away towards...something. It's not far along yet to tell what.
[04:23] * Muirfinn smiles anyhow, resting assured that all will fit in here. He heads off back into the rest of the festhall to meet more of the newcomers.
[04:29] <Kobrb> As you go back, you catch the ladies again. They're still whispering, but as you come into view you catch Misalea looking right at you. When you see her, she dart-quick goes back to the huddle.
[04:31] <Muirfinn> Obviously they are planning something, Muirfinn is no fool. He is somehow involved in their plans as well. He'll let them be about it, then, eyeing the huddle for a brief moment before going in search of some delicious honeyed grub pudding.
[04:36] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+33 diplo Vivantha
[04:36] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+33 diplo Vivantha and gets 51." [1d20=18]
[04:36] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+39 diplomacy Ebony
[04:36] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+39 diplomacy Ebony and gets 54." [1d20=15]
[04:37] <Kobrb> Aaaah. That was goooohello. As Muirfinn looks up she finds Misalea nearby, "Hi." She smiles with a hint of shyness, hands behind her back.
[04:39] <Muirfinn> "Ah, Misalea. Hello. How are you enjoying the party? Making friends?" Muirfinn says cordially.
[04:41] <Kobrb> "Yes. Vivantha and Ebony went off to Ebony's room. Could you stop by? They wanted your help with something."
[04:43] <Muirfinn> "Yes, of course. Is everything alright? I saw the three of you talking earlier."
[04:44] <Kobrb> "It's fine." Misalea rises, "Go on! Don't keep ladies waiting."
[04:45] <Muirfinn> "Alright, but if you're throwing me out," Muirfinn says, placing a hand on her shoulder, "you're managing the party."
[04:46] <Kobrb> "I'll have the girls come down to break it up if it turns rowdy," Misalea smiles ever so slightly, "Canderella can come put the fear of thunder in them."
[04:47] <Muirfinn> "Be careful, some of them might like that." Muirfinn says, heading off.
[04:49] <Kobrb> When you knock on Ebony's door, you hear her call, "Come in, Muirfinn."
[04:49] * Muirfinn pushes the door open!
[04:52] <Kobrb> Within a soft, deep easy chair has been placed in the middle of the room. Ebony and Vivantha stand before it, "Brave hero, please sit," Vivantha steps aside, blushing as she says, "There's a gift that I would like to give you for your bravery, and Ebony has agreed to help. Please, listen to us sing."
[04:55] * Muirfinn makes a show of pondering for a moment, then says, "Alright. I
[04:55] <Muirfinn> OOC: GJDFGKNDGKNGBDKFGBNAWSEKGBENBGKQNEQLENBKGQEKGBNQEBKGNGVKLNAQ
[04:55] * Muirfinn makes a show of pondering for a moment, then says, "Alright. I'll agree on one condition."
[04:56] <Kobrb> "What is it?" Ebony asks, raising an eyebrow.
[04:57] * Muirfinn nods at Vivantha. "She calls me Muirfinn. I feel like the lead of a story book whenever she addresses me. I can only handle so much of my own ego before it begins to eat itself." Muirfinn says with a smile.
[04:59] <Kobrb> "If you really want, Muirfinn," Vivantha smiles, "Please, sit now."
[05:00] * Muirfinn takes the agreed-upon seat and composes himself.
[05:04] <Kobrb> Once they settle in, the two women join hands. They bow their head and begin to sing! OOC: More.
[05:05] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+36
[05:05] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+36 and gets 56." [1d20=20]
[05:05] <Kobrb> roll 1d20+37+6
[05:05] * Hatbot --> "Kobrb rolls 1d20+37+6 and gets 55." [1d20=12]
[05:09] <Kobrb> The song begins as a low whisper, Ebony providing a lyrical backdrop. Words of love and joy, only half made out as Vivantha bows her head. This builds and builds, becoming almost audible to Muirfinn - and then Vivantha begins! Her song is in a language Muirfinn does not understand, yet each word is a lyrical masterpiece. Raw, powerful emotion blooms as she sings, hands to her chest. Pure love
[05:09] <Kobrb> and pure teary wisfulness come, not understood but yet understood in your heart. It stays a relatively slow song, each word building on the last. As she sings Vivantha comes over to Muirfinn and behind him, resting forward against the back of her chair and her head just above his.
[05:14] <Muirfinn> As the song progresses, Muirfinn relaxes. Understanding with feeling more than mind, his eyes close as his head bobs left and right in time with the tones of the song.
[05:18] <Kobrb> As it goes on Vivantha puts her arms around Muirfinn - a passing thing, a momentary sharing of warmth, before she backs away. At this the song ends, and in words you understand, "Did you like it?" Vivantha asks.
[05:20] <Muirfinn> "I..." Muirfinn takes a moment to come back to himself, schooling his features and mastering his emotions. "It was beautiful. I could feel the feelings you put into it, though I must confess I could not understand the spoken words."
[05:20] <Muirfinn> "Regardless, it was beautiful and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you."
[05:21] <Kobrb> Softly Vivantha whispers, "A proper song doesn't need to be understood to expression emotion."
[05:21] <Kobrb> Ebony nods, "In music beauty transcending words is found."
[05:22] * Muirfinn nods. "Of course. Your skill in song is masterful, to say the least. It was a wonder to behold, and I feel priveledged that you would share it with me."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake