News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

92: Flight of Dragons

Started by Ebiris, November 24, 2012, 12:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[12:04] <@Ebiris> As everyone talks about preparing a harness, Phileonel intercedes, "But wait, not yet. For I am hungry and must hunt, and then prepare for battle which will make any harness you fit now too small once I am ready," he cautions, drawing his wings in over his torso. "No doubt you all wish to sleep first as well, yes? Would it suit for us to rejoin here with dawn's light?"
[12:04] * Joins: Rudy (Rudy@ppp59-167-140-198.static.internode.on.net)
[12:05] * @Lucie has no objections to waiting until morning!
[12:05] <@Henrietta> "That would be lovely," Henrietta responds, finding this quite agreeable.
[12:05] <Rudy> "Of course. Our allies may have arrived by then as well," replies Rudy, nodding.
[12:07] <@Ebiris> "Even if they haven't we might want to wait until they do show up," Liamae suggests, "Or maybe that'll give the brain-eater more time... hmmm..." As she trails off into indecisiveness, Phileonel spreads his wings, "Come morning, then," he declares, taking flight and flying onwards to the West!
[12:09] <@Henrietta> In that case, Henrietta starts fixing the tent for the last time it will be used for its intended purpose.
[12:09] <Rudy> "I think the power from a dragon like that is gonna outweigh any additional gains it might get," replies Rudy. "And there's some structure there, now? We'll need dragons to knock it down, I'll bet."
[12:11] <@Ebiris> "I wonder what it's made of," Liamae wonders, "He said crystal? If it's anything like the crystals we found on the meteor and from those worm-things it could be fantastically valuable."
[12:12] <@Henrietta> "And completely stop our magic," Henrietta supplies the necessary gloom before blinking. "Oh! I just remembered that part!"
[12:13] <Rudy> "Where's Tobin when you need him?"
[12:13] <@Henrietta> "Who?"
[12:13] <@Lucie> "Big lug," Lucie supplies. "Hits thing 'til they fall down."
[12:13] <@Ebiris> "Probably sleeping in a nice warm bed in a fabulous hotel, fat on rich foods..." Liamae grumbles, before chuckling at Henrietta's inability to remember him. "Oh he'd be sad if he heard that."
[12:16] <Rudy> Rudy laughs a little too hard for a moment. "You think a crystal tower might be worth more than a whole bunch of crystals?" he wonders. "Not to us, I guess."
[12:17] <@Ebiris> "Probably?" she shrugs, "Her ladyship would have to bring in gemcutters or miners to deal with it. Or just sell on the land and let someone else deal with it. Gotta be worth something."
[12:18] <Rudy> "Be worth keeping, surely! Think of the prestige, the prestige!"
[12:18] <@Ebiris> "True," she nods, going back into her sleeping bag even as Henrietta dismantles the tent. "Anyway I'm gonna nap a few more hours. Wake me when it's light?"
[12:23] <@Ebiris> Morning comes at length, with some sleeping away and others busily working on materials to make a dragon harness. As light creeps over the now feared and hated mountains above Lucie spots Phileonel approaching from the South, his coloration distinctive even if his profile isn't. And indeed when he draws closer to land he looks noticably bloated, gone are the sinuous lines his body held previously, now spread out thickly around the torso at least three times as wide.
[12:25] <@Lucie> "What's he been eating anyway, whole oxen?" Lucie wonders.
[12:26] <Rudy> "Henri? Are you with us, now?" asks Rudy, ambling over to the woman.
[12:26] * @Henrietta taps her lips thoughtfully, asking Rudy, "Are you my fiance?"
[12:27] <@Ebiris> "I have returned," Phileonel declares as he lands, head sweeping towards Lucie and drawing his lips back around his beaky snout. "I drank deep of the lake, to use the water as a weapon in need."
[12:30] <Rudy> Rudy laughs. "It didn't work out between us," he replies, shaking his head. "But you did capture me, for a while!"
[12:30] <@Henrietta> "Oh. Alright, then!"
[12:32] <Rudy> "Geez. I still think you're just messing with us," he complains, shaking his head. "That kind of tease can't be unintentional!"
[12:33] <@Henrietta> Ignoring that complaint entirely, Henrietta pays Phileonel her utmost attention!
[12:34] <@Ebiris> Liamae groggily crawls out of her sleeping bag at all the activity, though with less alacrity than last time. For his part the dragon just waits, looming over everyone in the kindest possible fashion. "While we await your other allies, it would be prudent to test the harness to ensure it won't fail in battle," he suggests.
[12:35] <Rudy> At that, Rudy quickly starts getting to work!
[12:35] <Rudy> roll 1d20+9 dice! rolling!
[12:35] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+9 dice! rolling! and gets 26." [1d20=17]
[12:35] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+2 aiding!
[12:35] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+2 aiding! and gets 3." [1d20=1]
[12:37] <@Ebiris> Rudy works dilligently and carefully, fitting leather and rope around Phileonel's body braced upon wings and limbs to keep everything secure. Henrietta tries to help but after her earlier comment her close proximity is less than completely helpful, and it's just lucky she doesn't distract him further. Still, he thinks he's done a good job and it looks decently secure with plenty for any passengers to hold onto without much effort.
[12:37] <@Lucie> "So who's going to test it?" Lucie wonders in a tone that strongly suggests it should not be her.
[12:37] <@Henrietta> "I think I should do it!" Henrietta announces, tilting her head curiously afterwards.
[12:38] <Rudy> "Henri, you remember how to cast that floating spell?"
[12:39] <@Ebiris> "Very well, climb aboard countrywoman," the dragon gives a raspy chuckle as he spreads his wings. "I shall fly hard but low to try and spare you should the harness fail."
[12:40] * @Henrietta climbs aboard, giving Rudy an uncharacteristically confident smile.
[12:44] <@Ebiris> Secured with netted rope and patchy leather just ahead of the dragon's left wing within the improvised harness, Henrietta holds on as Phileonel flaps his wings and takes flight! Bearing himself aloft with powerful wingbeats which send the air nearly hammering against her so close, he then starts to accelerate forward! Flying in a tight circle that presses her hard against his scaly body and then almost throws her off when he turns again, the harness does its work in keeping her right where she wants to be! Compared to how she's flown before, it's an immensely more thrilling (or frightening) experience, the sheer speed with which Phileonel cuts through the air and the hectic maneuvers he's pulling off just above the scattered trees and even weaving amidst them are nothing like the sedate floatiness of flying magic!
[12:45] <@Henrietta> "This is terribly exciting!" Henrietta calls out to the nice dragon carrying her.
[12:49] <@Ebiris> "If you could fly with some of the really acrobatic dragons I've known..." the dragon's chest rumbles against her as he laughs, pulling an incredibly sharp turn that presses her body tightly with the force of it until he's completely turned about, flying back towards the campsite and landing heavily on the ground right in front of Rudy! "Fine craftsmanship for using improvised materials, sir," he compliments.
[12:50] <@Lucie> "Yeah, nice work," Lucie agrees, "Henri's not dead."
[12:50] <@Henrietta> "I do not think our barbarian guide likes me very much," Henrietta whispers to Liamae as they land.
[12:51] <@Ebiris> Liamae snickers, "Oh, she's just like that. Deep down I think she likes you just fine."
[12:51] <Rudy> "Not bad for the time, either!" notes Rudy. "The real test will be if it can seat all of us, though."
[12:52] <@Lucie> "'Barbarian?'" Lucie echoes. "I'm from the city!"
[12:53] <Rudy> "She's like a child, Lucie. She just doesn't know better," points out Rudy.
[12:53] * @Henrietta peers at Lucie's distinctive horns and frowns.
[12:54] <@Lucie> "It's a hat," Lucie points out. "It's just a hat!"
[12:54] <@Ebiris> "It is the Jovar way," Phileonel declares, "All outside of the Emperor's purview are barbarians, for there is only one true civilisation in this world." His head dips sorrowfully, "Which speaks ill of me as much as you."
[13:01] <Rudy> The really snobby Anowians say that about Anowia, too. "Can't people everywhere accept that they're just not all that special?" mutters Rudy, to Lucie.
[13:01] <@Lucie> "What, I'm not?" Lucie challenges this assertion.
[13:02] <@Ebiris> "Maybe everyone can accept that everyone's special?" Liamae pipes up helpfully.
[13:05] <Rudy> "Either-or, right?"
[13:06] <@Ebiris> "Oh, look! Dragons!" she blurts out, pointing to the West to rescue everyone from this awkward moment! She even sends up a flare for effect!
[13:07] * @Henrietta turns to peer to the west!
[13:10] <@Ebiris> From the west they approach, small spots at first but quickly becoming clearer as a trio of dragons each carrying a single rider. Each is a little bit smaller than Phileonel when he first arrived, more thickly built but not nearly as long nor as large-winged. They seem to be alike, with dull red scales spattered with dark blue speckled patterns over their breasts, coming into land nearby. "You lot Baroness Vanderboren's people?" a gruff older man calls from atop the lead dragon white-haired and white bearded but wearing the blue uniform of the air corps like his two younger companions atop their own dragons.
[13:11] <@Henrietta> That name sounds familiar! But Henrietta will let people with actual memory of this Baroness respond.
[13:12] <Rudy> "Yeah, that's us!" calls Rudy, waving back. "We know where we're going! Sky monster's built this weird tower out there! Follow us!"
[13:13] <@Ebiris> "Hah, straight to business are you? As you like it, then," the dragon captain laughs, not even getting off his beast before it starts to take flight once more, followed by the other two who stare quite curiously at Phileonel.
[13:27] <@Ebiris> Everyone piles onto Phileonel who takes flight after the three Prannerian dragons, moving into the lead of a finger four formation as the quartet of dragons and assembled passengers eat up the miles below, climbing high until the sun is seen glinting off a complex crystal formation encompassing Tarlari's former valley. There are narrow icy blue spires stretching scores of feet into the air as the most prominent point, but other crystals of other colours are seen spreading out over the ground as well to whatever alien design is being built. One of the dragons flies closer and above Phileonel now, the older rider calling over the wind, "Got a plan of attack, then?"
[13:29] * @Lucie scans the structure for doors or other obvious points of entry.
[13:29] <@Ebiris> OOC: spot?
[13:29] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+16
[13:29] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+16 and gets 31." [1d20=15]
[13:29] <@Henrietta> "Well. This creature is very horrible, and it eats brains! So the best plan is to attack it with summoned critters and from a distance, most likely?" Henrietta responds, glancing at Rudy for his thoughts.
[13:29] -> *Lucie* it's too far away to see anything that you could identify as a door.
[13:30] <@Lucie> "Have to get closer before we can even tell how to get into that thing," Lucie yells for the others' sake.
[13:31] <Rudy> "Can't we just knock it down? From the outside?" wonders Rudy, surveying the structures for obvious weak points.
[13:31] <@Ebiris> OOC: architecture?
[13:32] <Rudy> roll 1d20+9
[13:32] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+9 and gets 27." [1d20=18]
[13:33] -> *Rudy* Everything looks completely solid or too small to contain any meaningful internal volume. It's not a structure, it's a landscape.
[13:34] <Rudy> He grunts. "No, probably not. Well, the plan is a bit simple, then. If anything's moving outside, kill it! If there's nothing, we'll go in and try and and flush things out!"
[13:34] <@Henrietta> "This is a terrible plan! It is a plan that leads to our brains being eaten!"
[13:36] <@Ebiris> "Jenkins knows some magic, I'll have her summon what she can. Otherwise strafing attacks with the dragons sounds best... any idea what the thing's planning with all this construction? Never seen anything like it," the nameless dragon-rider grumbles.
[13:37] <Rudy> "No idea. Take over the world, probably?" replies Rudy, with a shrug. "This all sprung up in just a few days. Who knows how far it'll get in, say, a month or two?"
[13:38] <@Ebiris> "It's like Tarlari said about Myra," Liamae breathes in sudden horror, "It's making our world into something that suits its kind of life."
[13:39] <@Henrietta> Henrietta's own horror increases at that unfortunate realization!
[13:40] <@Lucie> "Yeah, well, unlike with Myra, maybe we can hope this one dies when it's killed."
[13:41] <Rudy> Rudy winces. "Yeah, let's hope that. 'cos if it doesn't, then there's some freak behind it who made it pop up," he mutters.
[13:41] <@Henrietta> "I suppose, then, that there is no choice but to face it on foot?" Henrietta asks in a defeated tone of voice.
[13:42] <@Ebiris> "Should've brought a heavyweight," the dragon-rider shakes his head. "Ah well, Terry. After today you can tell all the bigger dragons how you saved the world!" he laughs and pats his own dragon's head, said small wyrm chirping up, "If it gets me more cows!"
[13:45] <Rudy> They'll surely send in waves of dragons if they all end up dying here, won't they? He peers over the edge to survey the grounds himself. "See anything worth checking out, people?"
[13:46] <@Lucie> "Nothing yet," Lucie says, then taking advantage of the smooth ride to summon up her magical armor. "Doubt we'll know much more without landing."
[13:46] <@Henrietta> This is no time to hold back, and Henrietta casts all the defensive spells she can think of. False Life, which saved her many times before. Heroism. Mage Armor and Barkskin. She'll save the Shield for when they are about to land. "The icy blue spires, then?" she suggests, finally ready.
[13:46] <@Henrietta> roll 1d10+7
[13:46] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d10+7 and gets 16." [1d10=9]
[13:46] <@Ebiris> On the formation flies, their target growing larger and larger in view as the sun crawls up the sky. Ground that would take days to cross on foot being passed in hours until the over-run valley lies within striking distance. There's a dozen of the tall blue crystal spires ringing the edges, and within is a massive black crystal ramp of sorts, building up to a near vertical ascent at its peak. All around are other crystals carpeting the valley and blanketing out all the plant-life that once lived there, some sharp jagged fields others smooth and round curves.
[13:46] <@Ebiris> OOC: spot checks
[13:47] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+15 Phileonel
[13:47] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+15 Phileonel and gets 35." [1d20=20]
[13:47] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+16
[13:47] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+16 and gets 36." [1d20=20]
[13:47] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+20 dragonrider group
[13:47] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+20 dragonrider group and gets 24." [1d20=4]
[13:47] <Rudy> roll 1d20+1 rudy
[13:47] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+1 rudy and gets 12." [1d20=11]
[13:47] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+2
[13:47] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+2 and gets 17." [1d20=15]
[13:50] -> *Lucie* You can see the crystals aren't quiet by any means. Spider-like creatures of shimmering transluscent crystal crawl all around the valley and up the spires, while one of the horrible worms fought before busies itself weaving its strange webbing off the base of the black ramp. And the crab-creature is seen at the base of one of the spires, interacting somehow with one oe of the crystal spiders. Of note a number of spiders seem to be convering towards the direction you're approaching from.
[13:51] <@Lucie> "There!" Lucie points towards a spire where the monster itself seems to directing activities. "Horde of spiders headed our way, too..."
[13:52] <@Henrietta> "How... how much is a horde, again?"
[13:52] <Rudy> "Are they flying spiders?"
[13:52] * @Henrietta shudders.
[13:52] <@Ebiris> Others can barely make out said spiders, their transluscent crystal bodies making them difficult to see even as they swarm up the spires and over the valley. The brain-eating crab is seen off on the far side just barely visible with the distance.
[13:53] <@Lucie> "Not yet?" Lucie offers for Rudy's benefit.
[13:53] <@Henrietta> "We should ignore the spiders! And, and kill the brain-eating thing!"
[13:53] <Rudy> "Then we're okay! Let's focus everything on the leader!"
[13:54] * @Henrietta nods several times at Rudy in complete agreement over the latter, if not the former.
[13:54] <@Ebiris> "We attack, then?" Phileonel rumbles over the wind, having slowed as the crystal spires neared, matched by the other dragons.
[13:54] <Rudy> "We do!" Rudy points at it. "We must kill it whilst it is still exposed, before it can flee to safety!"
[13:55] <@Lucie> "Before he rabbits again," Lucie confirms. "Someone's got to hold back and hit him when he looks like he's going to try something like that again. Don't know what else we can do but hit it as hard and fast as we can."
[13:55] <@Lucie> Inpreparation for the imminent assault, Lucie supplements her armor with a magical shield. (OOC: Shield of Faith go.)
[13:55] <@Ebiris> "We go, then!" Phileonel agrees before letting loose a roar and beating his wings powerfully to pick up speed, diving between the two spires that open the way towards the original alien interloper!
[13:55] <Rudy> "Liamae, Henri, you've got the spells for that," voices Rudy, calling a shield into existence about himself.
[13:56] <@Ebiris> OOC: init, then
[13:56] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+8
[13:56] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+8 and gets 22." [1d20=14]
[13:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+5 dragon squad
[13:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+5 dragon squad and gets 20." [1d20=15]
[13:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+5 Phileonel
[13:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+5 Phileonel and gets 24." [1d20=19]
[13:56] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+7
[13:56] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+7 and gets 20." [1d20=13]
[13:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+3 Liamae
[13:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+3 Liamae and gets 11." [1d20=8]
[13:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+7 brain-eater
[13:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+7 brain-eater and gets 21." [1d20=14]
[13:57] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+8 worm
[13:57] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+8 worm and gets 26." [1d20=18]
[13:57] <Rudy> roll 1d20+6 Rudy
[13:57] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+6 Rudy and gets 14." [1d20=8]
[13:57] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+6 crytal spider swarm
[13:57] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+6 crytal spider swarm and gets 21." [1d20=15]
[13:58] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad > Rudy > Liamae'
[14:01] <@Ebiris> As the assault makes its intial charge, the worm uncurls its body and dives under the crystal, moving through it like water as it's body is seen refracted through the crystalline ground until it erupts forth between the brain-eater and the dragons! But Phileonel is undaunted, surging forth and rearing his head back before spitting! He spits a torrent of water out with pulverising force at the spire on the left as it draws closer!
[14:01] <@Ebiris> roll 9d6
[14:01] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 9d6 and gets 32." [9d6=2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 4, 2, 6, 5]
[14:01] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+4 ref for spiders
[14:01] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+4 ref for spiders and gets 12." [1d20=8]
[14:02] <@Ebiris> The spire cracks dangerously as its hammered by high-velocity water, and a handful of spiders are struck dead on hard enough to be knocked right off the high wall of gemstone!
[14:02] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6 falling damage
[14:02] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6d6 falling damage and gets 21." [6d6=3, 4, 6, 3, 1, 4]
[14:04] <@Ebiris> Four of the spiders land hard on the merciless ground, shattering into dozens of pieces upon impact! But there are many more besides, still... OOC: Lucie. You're on a dragon just at the edge of the outer spire ring. There are spiders on the spires on either side and on the ground within 30 to 50 feet. The worm is 700 feet ahead. The crab is 1000 feet ahead.
[14:06] * @Lucie has lasers to spare, so she may as well fry what she can while she can! She takes aim at one of those earthbound spiders while they fly by.
[14:06] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch
[14:06] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch and gets 24." [1d20=15]
[14:06] <@Ebiris> OOC: hit
[14:06] <@Lucie> roll 3d8 beamu
[14:06] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 3d8 beamu and gets 14." [3d8=7, 5, 2]
[14:06] <@Ebiris> OOC: searing light?
[14:07] <@Lucie> OOC: yes
[14:08] <@Ebiris> Lucie's light spell flies true to hit the crystalline spider... but it passes right through the glassy crystal until the creature shifts, becoming a mirror-like sheen that bounces the light around within it before firing it right back at her!
[14:09] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch
[14:09] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch and gets 25." [1d20=16]
[14:09] <@Lucie> OOC: hit, what a jerk
[14:09] <@Ebiris> It hits dead on, searing Lucie and letting her know just how her spell feels to other people!
[14:09] <@Ebiris> OOC: 14 damage
[14:10] * @Lucie sears the wind with an outburst of profanity! "Right, let's not try that again."
[14:11] <@Ebiris> The brain-eater in the distance waggles its claws but does nothing more while the spiders meanwhile move into lethally coordinated action! Several of them follow Lucie's 'victims' example, absorbing sunlight into their bodies and refracting it as tightly focused beams aimed right at the four dragons faces! Meanwhile yet more leap from atop the crystal spires to try and land upon the majestic flying beasts!
[14:12] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+7 ranged touch Phil
[14:12] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+7 ranged touch Phil and gets 11." [1d20=4]
[14:12] <@Ebiris> roll 3#1d20+7 ranged touch dragon squad
[14:12] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#1d20+7 ranged touch dragon squad and gets 49." [3#1d20+7 = 16, 20, 13]
[14:12] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+10 Phil ref
[14:12] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+10 Phil ref and gets 19." [1d20=9]
[14:13] <@Ebiris> roll 3#1d20+7 dragon squad ref
[14:13] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#1d20+7 dragon squad ref and gets 42." [3#1d20+7 = 11, 18, 13]
[14:13] * Retrieving #dunes modes...
[14:13] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 3 rounds) > Rudy > Liamae'
[14:14] <@Ebiris> Phileonel and the rightmost of the courier dragons manage to close their eyes in time, but the other two are caught and left squealing about being blinded, their riders having to struggle to control them! Which is made worse by the leaping spiders joining the fray...
[14:15] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+12 jump on Phileonel
[14:15] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+12 jump on Phileonel and gets 49." [2#1d20+12 = 26, 23]
[14:15] <@Ebiris> roll 10#1d20+12 jump on other dragons
[14:15] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 10#1d20+12 jump on other dragons and gets 255." [10#1d20+12 = 20, 29, 28, 16, 27, 28, 24, 29, 32, 22]
[14:16] <@Ebiris> roll 10d6 falling damage for the one that failed
[14:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 10d6 falling damage for the one that failed and gets 34." [10d6=3, 3, 6, 4, 3, 3, 2, 5, 4, 1]
[14:18] <@Ebiris> The dragons are promptly swarmed! While Phileonel cleared his flank somewhat with that well timed water, the other dragons are less fortunate, with three apiece landing upon each of the surprised courier dragons while Phileonel only has to deal with two. Unfortunately their feet are wickedly sharp, and used to good effect in digging into draconic flesh to hold on!
[14:18] <@Ebiris> roll 2d6 Phil
[14:18] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2d6 Phil and gets 10." [2d6=6, 4]
[14:18] <@Ebiris> roll 3#3d6 dragon squad
[14:18] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#3d6 dragon squad and gets 33." [3#3d6 = 5, 16, 12]
[14:19] <@Ebiris> OOC: Go Henrietta, one of the spiders is in flail reach for you on Phil's back.
[14:21] <@Henrietta> A rose is in her hand before she even considers it consciously, and then its stem elongates into a whip that coils itself around the nearest spider's legs and tries to pull it off Phileonel!
[14:21] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+15 trip
[14:21] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+15 trip and gets 27." [1d20=12]
[14:21] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+4 ref save
[14:21] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+4 ref save and gets 10." [1d20=6]
[14:22] <@Ebiris> Henrietta yanks the spider's legs out from where they'd dug into Phileonel's scales, and without that to maintain its hold the creature futilely scrabbles for purchase for but a second before its blown right off of he fast moving dragon to smash upon the cruel earth below!
[14:22] <@Ebiris> roll 8d6 falling damage
[14:22] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 8d6 falling damage and gets 22." [8d6=3, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 5]
[14:22] <@Ebiris> But it bounces rather than shatters.
[14:23] <@Ebiris> The stricken dragon squad battles to maintain cohesion in the face of hostile boarders while two of the dragons are blinded!
[14:23] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+10 blinded ride checks
[14:23] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+10 blinded ride checks and gets 47." [2#1d20+10 = 29, 18]
[14:24] <@Ebiris> While one of them loses height dangerously and spits flame pointlessly at empty ground, the other has a bit more focus and flambes a cluster of spiders on the ground below!
[14:24] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6
[14:24] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6d6 and gets 17." [6d6=4, 2, 3, 1, 5, 2]
[14:24] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+4 ref
[14:24] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+4 ref and gets 13." [1d20=9]
[14:25] <@Ebiris> Meanwhile the one rider free to act with his dragon unblinded ducks down low against his mount's neck as the dragon flies to try and dash the spiders off on the same spire they leapt from!
[14:25] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+14 fly
[14:25] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+14 fly and gets 29." [1d20=15]
[14:26] <@Ebiris> roll 3#1d20+4 ref saves to duck
[14:26] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#1d20+4 ref saves to duck and gets 41." [3#1d20+4 = 5, 19, 17]
[14:26] <@Ebiris> Two of them duck in time, holding on tight while the third is less lucky, smashing at deadly velocity into the spire and then tumbling down!
[14:26] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6+7d6
[14:26] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6+7d6 and gets 40." [4d6=5, 4, 4, 2][7d6=6, 5, 1, 4, 4, 4, 1]
[14:27] <@Ebiris> As it shatters upon the crystal below, Rudy must act!
[14:32] <Rudy> He dispatches a Hound Archon, which quickly teleports forward to confront the worm, serving as a distraction whilst the Dragons close in!
[14:32] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 3 rounds) > Rudy > Hound >Liamae'
[14:33] <@Ebiris> Liamae focuses her attention on the spider that remains upon Phileonel's back, biting out a harsh sounding, "Break!" as crystal cracks loudly!
[14:33] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6
[14:33] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6d6 and gets 24." [6d6=2, 6, 3, 1, 6, 6]
[14:33] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+5 fort
[14:33] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+5 fort and gets 23." [1d20=18]
[14:35] <@Ebiris> But it manages to resist her spell somewhat, remaining intact! Meanwhile the worm in the distance occupies itself with the current offering, casting out webbing from its claws towards the dog!
[14:35] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch
[14:35] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch and gets 13." [1d20=4]
[14:35] <@Ebiris> OOC: hit?
[14:37] <Rudy> OOC: Yes
[14:38] <@Ebiris> The dog is entangled and slowly reeled in towards the villainous space serpent! "Remove the annoyance from my back!" Phileonal calls, "And I will aid our allies!" With that he turns sharply towards the descending blinded dragon, jaw lunging out to snatch up one of the spiders from off its back!
[14:38] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+18
[14:38] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+18 and gets 27." [1d20=9]
[14:39] <@Ebiris> With a bite and a toss, one of the spiders is thrown through the air to the ground far below!
[14:39] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6
[14:39] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6 and gets 11." [4d6=4, 4, 1, 2]
[14:39] <@Ebiris> OOC: Lucie
[14:43] * @Lucie tries something a little different, hoping beams of force won't be redirected back at her like her laser was.
[14:43] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch 1
[14:43] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch 2
[14:43] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch 1 and gets 22." [1d20=13]
[14:43] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch 2 and gets 15." [1d20=6]
[14:43] <@Ebiris> OOC: 2 hits
[14:44] <@Lucie> roll 4d6 nonlethal
[14:44] <@Lucie> roll 4d6 nonlethal
[14:44] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 4d6 nonlethal and gets 16." [4d6=3, 5, 6, 2]
[14:44] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 4d6 nonlethal and gets 12." [4d6=2, 2, 2, 6]
[14:45] <@Ebiris> Lucie's beams knock the spider out cold! And unconscious it loses hold of Phileonel's flesh and tumbles off down to the ground!
[14:45] <@Ebiris> roll 5d6
[14:45] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 5d6 and gets 20." [5d6=2, 6, 3, 5, 4]
[14:49] <@Ebiris> As it lands with a crash, the nefarious brain-eater in the distance wields lightning between its claws which it fires up at the top of the spire above it! Electricity crackles and coruscates all around the crystal before a pair of arcs lance out to the two spires on either side! There the process repeats, again and again lightning multiplying and dancing between spires until a ring of lighting crackles and roars from the top of every spire circling the valley! The crystalline spiders atop the other three dragons press their own attacks, uncaring of what occurs above nor for the decrease of their numbers, just stabbing with their jagged legs into the red dragons beneath without mercy!
[14:49] <@Ebiris> roll 4#1d20+8 vs blinded dragon
[14:49] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4#1d20+8 vs blinded dragon and gets 76." [4#1d20+8 = 27, 15, 20, 14]
[14:49] <@Ebiris> roll 2d6+8
[14:50] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2d6+8 and gets 20." [2d6=6, 6]
[14:50] <@Ebiris> roll 6#1d20+8 vs blinded dragon
[14:50] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6#1d20+8 vs blinded dragon and gets 111." [6#1d20+8 = 22, 18, 12, 19, 13, 27]
[14:50] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6+16
[14:50] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6+16 and gets 25." [4d6=1, 6, 1, 1]
[14:50] <@Ebiris> roll 4#1d20+8 vs seeing dragon
[14:50] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4#1d20+8 vs seeing dragon and gets 109." [4#1d20+8 = 25, 28, 28, 28]
[14:50] <@Ebiris> roll 3#1d20+8 crit checks
[14:50] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#1d20+8 crit checks and gets 56." [3#1d20+8 = 19, 26, 11]
[14:51] <@Ebiris> roll 5d6+20 and 1 con damage
[14:51] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 5d6+20 and 1 con damage and gets 42." [5d6=5, 6, 2, 3, 6]
[14:53] <@Ebiris> Ironically it's the unblinded dragon that takes the worst of it, being utterly savaged by the two spiders atop of it to the riders cries of dismay! Trailing gallons blood it drops in height precipitously, just barely managing to stay up thanks to the rider's coaxing. The other two blinded dragons are mauled still, but seem more distressed by their inability to see.
[14:53] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 2 rounds) > Rudy > Hound >Liamae'
[14:53] <@Ebiris> OOC: Henri
[14:55] * @Henrietta decides to help out the most wounded of the dragons as much as she can, drawing a quartet of roses and aiming them carefully before sending them flying at the pair of spiders mauling it!
[14:55] <@Henrietta> roll 2d4+2 toppling spell
[14:55] <@Henrietta> roll 2d4+2 toppling spell
[14:55] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 2d4+2 toppling spell and gets 10." [2d4=4, 4]
[14:55] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 2d4+2 toppling spell and gets 6." [2d4=1, 3]
[14:56] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+15 trip1
[14:56] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+15 trip1 and gets 23." [1d20=8]
[14:56] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+15 trip2
[14:56] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+15 trip2 and gets 24." [1d20=9]
[14:56] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+4 ref saves
[14:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+4 ref saves and gets 15." [2#1d20+4 = 8, 7]
[14:56] <@Ebiris> Both spiders are knocked from their bloody perches by innocuous roses, sent careening off from their mewling prey to be dashed against the crystal below!
[14:56] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6
[14:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6d6 and gets 18." [6d6=3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 2]
[14:57] <@Ebiris> Heartened by that, the dragon in question rushes to the aid of its ally still burdened with three spiders, copying Phileonel's example in snatching one up in its jaws!
[14:57] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+15
[14:57] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+15 and gets 25." [1d20=10]
[14:58] <@Ebiris> With a quick grab and a toss, another spider is thrown off to break below!
[14:58] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6
[14:58] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6 and gets 19." [4d6=6, 3, 6, 4]
[14:58] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+10 ride checks
[14:58] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+10 ride checks and gets 36." [2#1d20+10 = 22, 14]
[14:59] <@Ebiris> But that dragon barely even notices, just flying slowly and aimlessly forward. The other is a bit more pro-active in trying to help itself despite its blindness, executing a rapid spin to try and toss the spiders of while keeping the harnessed rider secure!
[14:59] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+14 I'll give them climb checks to hold on
[14:59] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+14 I'll give them climb checks to hold on and gets 42." [2#1d20+14 = 27, 15]
[15:00] <@Ebiris> While one digs in deep to hold on, the other must make the painful trip down to earth!
[15:00] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6
[15:00] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6 and gets 17." [4d6=5, 3, 6, 3]
[15:00] <@Ebiris> OOC: Rudy and mutt (who is entangled)
[15:02] <Rudy> Rudy claps his hand, beginning to summon more assistance, whilst the dog lashes out, attempting to break the web that holds it in!
[15:03] <Rudy> roll 1d20+10 CMB
[15:03] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+10 CMB and gets 12." [1d20=2]
[15:03] <@Ebiris> The dog's struggles are in vain, trapped and unable to kill!
[15:10] <@Ebiris> Liamae repeats her shattering trick on another of the crystal spiders upon the dragon nearest to Phil!
[15:10] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6
[15:10] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6d6 and gets 15." [6d6=3, 3, 4, 2, 1, 2]
[15:10] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+5 fort
[15:10] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+5 fort and gets 20." [1d20=15]
[15:10] <@Ebiris> It barely cracks at all, though. As for the unfortunate dog, it's finally dragged right into reach by the worm, who sets upon this new victim with savage glee!
[15:11] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+9 bite
[15:11] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+9 bite and gets 29." [1d20=20]
[15:11] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+9 claws
[15:11] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+9 claws and gets 43." [2#1d20+9 = 27, 16]
[15:11] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+9 bite crit?
[15:11] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+9 bite crit? and gets 16." [1d20=7]
[15:11] <@Ebiris> OOC: entangled AC?
[15:12] <Rudy> OOC: 15, DR 10
[15:12] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6+14+1d8+7+1d8+7-30
[15:12] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6+14+1d8+7+1d8+7-30 and gets 25." [4d6=4, 2, 6, 1][1d8=8][1d8=6]
[15:12] <@Ebiris> OOC: and a fort save
[15:14] <Rudy> roll 1d20+8
[15:14] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+8 and gets 16." [1d20=8]
[15:14] <@Ebiris> Webbed up, mauled, and paralyzed, it's just not a good day for canine-kind!
[15:14] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 2 rounds) > Rudy > Hound (paralyzed) >Liamae'
[15:16] <@Ebiris> Phileonel goes for one of the last dragon-bound spider creatures, lunging atop the stricken dragon and again using the old bite and toss!
[15:16] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+18
[15:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+18 and gets 35." [1d20=17]
[15:16] <@Ebiris> It works as well as it did the first time! There's just one more spider atop a dragon, and its position looks mighty precarious!
[15:16] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6
[15:17] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6 and gets 9." [4d6=1, 3, 4, 1]
[15:17] <@Ebiris> OOC: Lucie
[15:18] * @Lucie takes aim at the last spider crawling over their draconic allies and fires off another pair of force beams!
[15:18] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch 1
[15:18] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch 2
[15:18] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch 1 and gets 25." [1d20=16]
[15:18] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 ranged touch 2 and gets 14." [1d20=5]
[15:18] <@Ebiris> OOC: 2 hits
[15:18] <@Lucie> roll 4d6 nonlethal
[15:18] <@Lucie> roll 4d6 nonlethal
[15:18] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 4d6 nonlethal and gets 17." [4d6=5, 3, 4, 5]
[15:18] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 4d6 nonlethal and gets 16." [4d6=5, 4, 2, 5]
[15:21] <@Ebiris> The spider is hit badly, almost slumping but just barely staying up! But just as things are improving they're about to get a whole lot worse, as the vile brain-eater from outer space fires a dull red ray up at the pillar above it, said ray being carried amidst the lightning arcing between each spire that rings the valley, multiplying and spreading until it reaches the side where all the battle is occuring whereupon several rays lance out, one for each dragon!
[15:21] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+14 Phil
[15:21] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+14 Phil and gets 26." [1d20=12]
[15:21] <@Ebiris> roll 3#1d20+14 dragon squad
[15:21] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#1d20+14 dragon squad and gets 75." [3#1d20+14 = 28, 21, 26]
[15:22] <@Ebiris> roll 1d4 negative levels Phil
[15:22] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d4 negative levels Phil and gets 4." [1d4=4]
[15:22] <@Ebiris> roll 3#1d4 negative levels dragon squad
[15:22] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#1d4 negative levels dragon squad and gets 6." [3#1d4 = 2, 2, 2]
[15:23] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel (4neg) > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 2 rounds, 2neg each) > Rudy > Hound (paralyzed) >Liamae'
[15:25] <@Ebiris> Each dragon groans and shakes in pain as they're struck, seeming to have more trouble flying and Phileonel noticably loses some lustre in his scales seen so close by everyone. "Aahh... I feel diminished, but not undone," he insists bravely. The last spider stubbornly attacks its weakened prey, uncaring of how dangerous its position has become!
[15:25] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+8
[15:25] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+8 and gets 36." [2#1d20+8 = 21, 15]
[15:25] <@Ebiris> roll 1d6+4
[15:25] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d6+4 and gets 8." [1d6=4]
[15:26] <@Ebiris> Another spurt of blood is its reward as it claws deep past mauled scales on the poor dragon's back!
[15:26] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel (4neg) > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 1 round, 2neg each) > Rudy > Hound (paralyzed) >Liamae'
[15:26] <@Ebiris> OOC: Henri
[15:27] * @Henrietta executes the remaining spider menacing their allies with another quartet of roses!
[15:27] <@Henrietta> roll 4d4+4
[15:27] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 4d4+4 and gets 15." [4d4=2, 4, 1, 4]
[15:28] <@Ebiris> The roses finish it off after Lucie's admonishment, sending it crashing down below!
[15:28] <@Ebiris> roll 4d6
[15:28] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 4d6 and gets 14." [4d6=2, 1, 5, 6]
[15:28] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+10 ride
[15:28] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+10 ride and gets 55." [2#1d20+10 = 26, 29]
[15:29] <@Ebiris> Bringing order to their blinded dragons now that the immediate threat is gone, all three courier wyrms show their ability and will to fight as they fall back into formation and raze the ground with fire as they pass, popping and detonating already damaged crystal spiders while baking healthy ones!
[15:29] <@Ebiris> roll 3#6d6
[15:29] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3#6d6 and gets 78." [3#6d6 = 24, 30, 24]
[15:29] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+4
[15:29] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+4 and gets 20." [1d20=16]
[15:29] <@Ebiris> OOC: rudy. fort for dog
[15:30] <Rudy> roll 1d20+8 fort
[15:30] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+8 fort and gets 16." [1d20=8]
[15:30] <@Ebiris> OOC; fail
[15:31] <Rudy> A second dog appears, dispatched behind the worm whilst his unfortunate friend is reeled in! Rudy quickly casts a hastening spell upon Phileonel and his companions!
[15:32] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel (4neg) > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2 blinded, 1 round, 2neg each) > Rudy > Hound (paralyzed) > Hound >Liamae'
[15:36] <@Ebiris> Liamae casts a spell of her own now and then touches Phileonel, making his sagging muscles firm up once more with augmented strength! The worm ignores its paralyzed prey to turn and focus on the new arrival, attacking with the same fury!
[15:36] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+9 bite
[15:36] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+9 bite and gets 19." [1d20=10]
[15:36] <@Ebiris> roll 2#1d20+9 claws
[15:36] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2#1d20+9 claws and gets 36." [2#1d20+9 = 24, 12]
[15:37] <@Ebiris> roll 2d6+7+1d8+7-20
[15:37] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2d6+7+1d8+7-20 and gets 6." [2d6=6, 3][1d8=3]
[15:37] <@Ebiris> OOC: no fort save since the claw didn't penetrate DR
[15:39] <@Ebiris> Hasted and strengthened, Phileonel beats his wings powerfully to fly straight ahead, flying faster than he had previously and passing right over the worm! The crab is almost within reach now, just 80 feet ahead and 40 feet below!
[15:39] <@Ebiris> OOC: Lucie
[15:41] * @Lucie decides to try something new, reaching out with her will to render all of the monstrosity's many eyes unseeing and useless! (OOC: Blindness/Deafness. This is permanent if it works. Will DC 20 if I make the CL check)
[15:41] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9 vs spell resistance
[15:41] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 vs spell resistance and gets 26." [1d20=17]
[15:41] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+14 will
[15:41] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+14 will and gets 23." [1d20=9]
[15:43] <@Ebiris> The creature's myriad eyes cloud over briefly but in an eerie sequential blink that ripples across its body it clears them once more! And then it turns from the spire to regard the more pressing threat, waggling its claws up at Phileonel... OOC: will save for dragon and passengers
[15:43] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+5 Liamae
[15:43] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+5 Liamae and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[15:43] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+12
[15:43] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+12 and gets 14." [1d20=2]
[15:43] <Rudy> roll 1d20+10 r
[15:43] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+10 r and gets 29." [1d20=19]
[15:43] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+10 (+4 vs sleep)
[15:43] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+5 Phil
[15:43] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+10 (+4 vs sleep) and gets 12." [1d20=2]
[15:43] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+5 Phil and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[15:44] <@Ebiris> OOC: everyone except Rudy is Confused. On your turn roll the d100 and act as appropriate. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/confusion
[15:45] <@Ebiris> The many spiders littering the valley begin to follow after Phileonel, but with his burst of speed it's hard to catch up and they're some way off...
[15:45] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel (4neg) > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2neg each) > Rudy > Hound (paralyzed) > Hound > Liamae'
[15:46] <@Ebiris> "LUCIE, RUDY, HENRIETTA, LIAMAE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT A FRIEND. COME CLOSER SO WE MAY CONVERSE AND LEARN FROM ONE ANOTHER. I WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOUR FRIENDS," the alien crab monster booms out in its horrid atonal voice after ruining everyone's wits.
[15:46] <@Ebiris> OOC: Henri
[15:46] <@Henrietta> roll 1d100
[15:46] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d100 and gets 14." [1d100=14]
[15:49] <@Henrietta> "Why would you not just die?!" Henrietta exclaims, seeing no alternative but to try and hit it with her roses.
[15:49] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+7 SR
[15:49] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+7 SR and gets 25." [1d20=18]
[15:49] <@Ebiris> ooc: PASS
[15:49] <@Henrietta> roll 4d4+4
[15:49] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 4d4+4 and gets 9." [4d4=1, 1, 2, 1]
[15:51] <@Ebiris> Bypassing whatever strange resistance it possesses, the roses perforate the crab's shell before vanishing! The remaining dragons ape Phileonel's example, surging forth with their own speed that bests his even while being hasted before seperating to flank the crab thing from the sides and above at enough distance and height to set the terms of battle themselves. "Ewww, I don't even want to eat that!" one of the dragons complains which is met by another saying, "Crab is tasty, though, and eyeballs always pop nicely. I'll have it if you don't!"
[15:51] <@Ebiris> OOC: Rudy
[15:54] <Rudy> Rudy waves his hand, summoning a new Hound Archon that teleports to confront the giant crab; his compatriot below is suddenly alone, but soon flickers up to join him!
[15:55] * Ebiris changes topic to 'Worm > Phileonel (4neg) > Lucie > Brain-eater > Spiders > Henrietta > Dragon Squad (2neg each) > Rudy > Hound > Hound > Liamae'
[15:55] <@Ebiris> roll 1d100 Liamae
[15:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d100 Liamae and gets 74." [1d100=74]
[15:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8+1
[15:56] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d8+1 and gets 8." [1d8=7]
[15:56] <@Ebiris> Liamae starts giggling and punching herself in the face, rather unhelpfully.
[15:57] <@Ebiris> Bereft of foes for the moment, the worm vanishes into the crystal below, while Phileonel...
[15:57] <@Ebiris> roll 1d100
[15:57] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d100 and gets 58." [1d100=58]
[15:58] <@Ebiris> Roars and scratches at himself with his foreclaws all over his chest!
[15:58] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8+10
[15:58] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d8+10 and gets 14." [1d8=4]
[15:58] <@Ebiris> The harness is torn in places, leaving his passengers feeling an uncomfortable give where previously there was reassuring tightness!
[15:58] <@Ebiris> OOC: Lucie
[15:58] <@Lucie> roll 1d100
[15:58] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d100 and gets 88." [1d100=88]
[15:59] <@Lucie> roll 1d4 who am I hitting?
[15:59] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d4 who am I hitting? and gets 1." [1d4=1]
[16:00] <@Lucie> Lucie waves her mace about wildly while hollering about evil mushrooms, striking whoever is unfortunate enough to be in reach!
[16:00] <@Lucie> roll 1d20+9
[16:00] * +Hatbot --> "Lucie rolls 1d20+9 and gets 19." [1d20=10]
[16:00] <@Ebiris> OOC: hitting Phil or one of your pals?
[16:01] <@Lucie> OOC: I guess Henri equates to 1, just going alphabetically!
[16:01] <@Ebiris> OOC: AC Henri?
[16:01] <@Henrietta> OOC: 26
[16:02] <@Ebiris> Lucie's mace clangs off of Henrietta's myriad definitely non-fungi based magical protections!
[16:02] <@Henrietta> "You harridan!" Henrietta exclaims, glaring at Lucie.
[16:04] <@Ebiris> "COME, THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR. I SHALL PROTECT YOU," the brain-eater declares even as the crystal directly underneath Phileonel starts to buckle and crack, before it suddenly parts way for a gush of boiling hot water to blast right up into the dragon's stomach from below!
[16:04] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+6 ref
[16:04] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+6 ref and gets 10." [1d20=4]
[16:05] <@Ebiris> roll 3d6 fire damage from boiling water to Phil and his passengers
[16:05] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 3d6 fire damage from boiling water to Phil and his passengers and gets 8." [3d6=4, 1, 3]
[16:07] <@Ebiris> The hot water hits with tremendous force, knocking Phileonel higher into the air while scalding him and all those clinging to him! Spinning out of control he can't recover when the geyser abates, tumbling and falling straight down to the ground below!
[16:07] <@Ebiris> roll 1d4 to see what side he lands. 1. Belly means half falling damage to passengers. 2. left means full damage to Lucie and Henri, half to Rudy and Liamae. 3. right means full to Rudy and Liamae, half to Lucie and Henri. 4. Back means full damage to all.
[16:07] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d4 to see what side he lands. 1. Belly means half falling damage to passengers. 2. left means full damage to Lucie and Henri, half to Rudy and Liamae. 3. right means full to Rudy and Liamae, half to Lucie and Henri. 4. Back means full damage to all. and gets 4." [1d4=4]
[16:07] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6 full damage for everyone
[16:07] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 6d6 full damage for everyone and gets 21." [6d6=4, 3, 2, 2, 6, 4]
[16:09] <@Henrietta> "No, this is all wrong!" Henrietta cries out, flinging her arms out to turn their crash into a more controlled descent that might charitably be called a landing.
[16:09] <@Henrietta> OOC: feather fall
[16:11] <@Ebiris> With Henrietta's feather fall Phileonal slows down his descent after a stomach churning lurch at the peak of his climb followed by the rapidly building acceleration downwards! He falls and lands gently on his back despite the hard crystal ground... unfortunately he's quite heavy and a bit too much of his weight is forced upon his passengers before he can right himself.
[16:11] <@Ebiris> roll 1d6 damage to everyone except Phil!
[16:11] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d6 damage to everyone except Phil! and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[16:11] <@Ebiris> The spiders continue to approach but aren't quite a problem for now...
[16:11] <@Ebiris> OOC: Henri
[16:11] <@Henrietta> roll 1d100
[16:11] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d100 and gets 23." [1d100=23]
[16:12] <@Ebiris> The spiders are about six hundred feet away.
[16:13] * @Henrietta punches Lucie in the face with her dainty yet powerful hand!
[16:14] <@Henrietta> roll 1d20+9
[16:14] * +Hatbot --> "Henrietta rolls 1d20+9 and gets 22." [1d20=13]
[16:14] <@Ebiris> OOC: AC Lucie?
[16:14] <@Lucie> OOC: 24, unless I lose some for being trapped beneath a dragon
[16:15] <@Ebiris> OOC: no he's righting himself.
[16:15] <@Ebiris> While the alleged heroes fight each other and giggle madly, the brave dragons press their attack on the orchestrator of this madness, swooping down one after another in strafing runs on the brain-eater!
[16:16] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+11 dragon 1
[16:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+11 dragon 1 and gets 19." [1d20=8]
[16:16] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+16 AoO on dragon 1
[16:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+16 AoO on dragon 1 and gets 17." [1d20=1]
[16:16] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+11 dragon 2
[16:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+11 dragon 2 and gets 12." [1d20=1]
[16:16] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+11 dragon 3
[16:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+11 dragon 3 and gets 23." [1d20=12]
[16:16] <@Ebiris> roll 2d6+5 one of them hit
[16:16] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 2d6+5 one of them hit and gets 8." [2d6=2, 1]
[16:17] <@Ebiris> It's... not the most impressive thing. Must be why they're courier dragons.
[16:17] <@Ebiris> OOC: Rudy & Co
[16:22] <Rudy> It seems to Rudy that he would be better off just about anywhere except atop Phileonal with his lunatic friends right now, particularly when they seem prone to punching one another for... some reason. He ends up grabbing Lucie (Henri can float!), then teleports them both to the nearby platform, from which they can face the Brain-Eater directly! And she will punch only him- why is this a good
[16:22] <Rudy> idea, he wonders...
[16:22] <Rudy> Meanwhile, the Hound Archons lay into the brain with all their strength!
[16:22] <Rudy> roll 1d20+11 PA -2
[16:22] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+11 PA -2 and gets 21." [1d20=10]
[16:22] <Rudy> roll 1d20+11 PA -2
[16:22] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+11 PA -2 and gets 14." [1d20=3]
[16:22] <Rudy> roll 1d20+6 PA -2
[16:22] <Rudy> roll 1d20+6 PA -2
[16:22] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+6 PA -2 and gets 17." [1d20=11]
[16:22] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+6 PA -2 and gets 16." [1d20=10]
[16:22] <Rudy> roll 1d20+5 PA -2
[16:22] <Rudy> roll 1d20+5 PA -2
[16:22] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+5 PA -2 and gets 19." [1d20=14]
[16:22] * +Hatbot --> "Rudy rolls 1d20+5 PA -2 and gets 19." [1d20=14]
[16:23] <@Ebiris> They attack with fervour unmatched! But precious little skill and the giant crab seems to always be where their swords aren't.
[16:23] <@Ebiris> roll 1d100 Liamae
[16:23] * +Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d100 Liamae and gets 27." [1d100=27]
[16:24] <@Ebiris> Liamae starts laughing and then babbling and gibbering something about this whole place being squamous and non-euclidean, whatever those words mean.