News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

055. "I...I guess Aurora really is all yours. Use it well."

Started by Corwin, November 25, 2012, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:07] <Kotono> It is a brilliantly bright day in Aurora. Air above you is radiant, the entire demiplane like the summer sky. The courtyard is decorated - all with white, row after row of chairs laid out. Everyone is about and dressed up, music played by a group of the lillends, a quiet background. Behind the tables a feast is being prepared, but it is not yet time. No sign of bride or groom - yet. OOC: Go
[20:07] <Kotono> ahead and set yourselves up with what you're doing and I'll work off that.
[20:11] * Ithea wears the dress the phase spiders crafted for her, while wearing the necklace Stille recently gifted her. In her hand is a glass with some drink, which she sips from now and then as she animatedly talks with some of the other catfolks attending the event.
[20:11] * Jaela is busying herself quietly preparing for the ceremony. As is becoming more and more prevailent, she is clad in her priestly robes rather than her armor and has dispensed with her eyepatch or any armaments for the occasion.
[20:15] <Kotono> The various ladies of the Graceful Blow are about. Amid them is Canderella, dressed in a slinky white dress and elbow length gloves. She oversees them, no sign of Mirima about. Elder Magi Tepen sits in the first row, the Staff of Vithos resting against him as he waits patiently.
[20:16] * Muirfinn stands about, chatting with several people. His shell is polished to an almost mirror sheen and his robes are scrubbed and pressed to a pristine white.
[20:21] <Kotono> This stretches on for a time - but not too long. There is a pause to the music, a moment of peaceful silence save for chatter. Then a grand note is played! From Aurora emerges Adrian and Misalea, the latter on the former's arm. They are both dressed in white - Adrian in cape and uniform of it, like a military officer on parade. Misalea is glad in a flowing gown of white, hair bedeckoned with
[20:21] <Kotono> yellow flowers and white pearls. At this a beautiful march sounds, Vivantha leading them along with a wordless melody.
[20:23] * Jaela tries her best to combine a solemn, official appearance and genuine delight at seeing the couple appear.
[20:27] * Muirfinn turns from his conversation to look at the couple, a smile playing over the edges of his lips as he moves to take a seat.
[20:29] <Kotono> Slowly the two walk down, through the middle of the rows of chairs. Misalea walks with her eyes closed, a demure smile as Adrian leads the way. Adrian himself looks ahead, a faint hint of nervousness despite his smile. Slowly they approach Jaela, as...OOC: Go ahead, Jaela. Moment on my end.
[20:38] <Jaela> "Marriage," Jaela says, looking from groom to bride with a fond smile playing on her lips. "It is the ideal state for any couple, a way for two people to feel truly complete. As romantic love is one of life's greastest joys, sweeping up those caught in its embrace, so does marriage bind twin hearts drawn together. It brings unity into our lives, and brightens them with the diversity we come to share. It is to fulfil this sacred rite that we have come here today." With the introduction over, she proceeds to the ceremony itself. "We have gathered here today to witness these two bright people, the friends and comrades we love dearly, bind their futures to one another." She pauses here, giving Adrian a slight nod to indicate for him to say his vows to Misalea.
[20:46] <Kotono> There's only a few murmurs in the crowd - little things, attention on them. "Misalea, I love you." He turns to her, "I promise I'll watch over you, to be the shield that protects your sword. I promise to be with you every ethereal night and dazzling moonrise. I promise to be with you."
[20:48] <Jaela> They probably should have done this during a full moon, Jaela thinks as her mind wanders. It's what Lady Hanali would want, and Adrian probably would have liked it. Maybe even Misalea? She mentally shakes her head and focuses on Misalea to witness her own vows.
[20:52] <Kotono> "Adrian, I love you," She turns to him, and then says, "I promise I'll watch over you, to be the sword for your shield to protect. I promise to be with you every glorious day and beautiful sunrise. I promise to be with you." The two look into each other's eyes at this, holding hands.
[20:53] * Ithea smiles as she watches the ceremony proceed, happy for the two.
[20:58] <Jaela> "The ring, please," Jaela tells Adrian, ready to proceed once he takes it out.
[20:59] <Kotono> Adrian takes out the ring - it's a ring with a large diamond with a rainbow of smaller gemstones around it.
[20:59] <Jaela> "Lady Angharradh, the One and the Three," Jaela prays, placing her hands over the joined ones of Adrian and Misalea. "Bless this union of two souls coming together before you in holy matrimony. Bless this ring and grant that he who gives it and she shall wear it may remain faithful to each other, and abide in thy peace and favor, and live together in love."
[21:01] <Kotono> The ring is put on after, the two staring into each other's eyes after, waiting...
[21:04] <Jaela> "I now pronounce you husband and wife," Jaela says, quite happy at what she says next. "You may kiss your bride."
[21:04] * Jaela prays that their marriage is fruitful as part of her well wishes for the couple.
[21:05] <Kotono> With that the two lean in, kissing together! A great cheer rises up as a melody of toneless voices is sung! Nearby Elder Magi Tepen is smiling warmly, watching. Hanna watches a few rows back, a small smile on her own face as she cheers. Tannin stays in the back, but wolfwhistles on the kiss. Lady Skye and Crystal sit together, the two sniffling and cheering with the rest.
[21:06] * Ithea sets her drink to the side as she starts clapping for the two. "Congratulations!" Ithea yells along with the other cheers.
[21:06] * Muirfinn claps for the happy couple, pleased for their success.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[21:11] <Kotono> Mirajane isn't difficult to find. She's waiting her your shared suite, sitting on the couch and watching the portal as you enter. OOC: Go ahead.
[21:12] <Jaela> "Hi."
[21:12] <Kotono> "Hello, mother," Mirajane greets her, "How was your day?"
[21:13] <Jaela> "Not bad." Jaela sits down by her daugher. "What's this I hear about you wanting to stop apocalypses?"
[21:15] <Kotono> "The truth is," She begins with a smile, "I saw that they needed me. If my hands can create weapons to destroy a creature of evil, then I must and shall."
[21:16] <Jaela> "Okay. But did you also see that you needed to tell me in advance properly?" Jaela grins back at her. "If you start sneaking about this behind my back, that's just a sign that you're still a kid and not ready for that sort of thing."
[21:19] <Kotono> "Then I will when possible," Mirajane smiles back, "Mother, I have seen so much truth. Sometimes what I see must be done before that is possible. In my dreams, I dream of our trip to Mount Celestia. In those dreams I see different truths. In these truths I see a creature of order and darkness who schemes to control destiny. You know who he is, Mother, and know he must be stopped."
[21:22] <Jaela> "And he will be," Jaela says resolutely, before she reaches out to tap Mirajane's nose. "But if you want to graduate past training and take an active part in the fighting, you have to show that you're ready. Not just that your heart is in the right place, but that you could be there on the front lines if need be. I figure the old man can test your spellcasting to see that it's up to par, and then we'll handle the martial part by having you fight Finnegan for real. Any magic aside from what would make it moot, like flying up above him. If you handle both, you pass." Jaela tilts her head. "With the caveat that you don't hide things from me or Mom after. Deal?"
[21:25] <Kotono> "Deal," Mirajane says, "I have no problem with that."
[21:27] <Jaela> "It got me thinking, too," Jaela continues, leaning into the couch. "Even if you don't pass now, it's just a matter of time now. What do you think of doing? At least in the while after we free Lifasa, if not with your entire life?"
[21:30] <Kotono> There's a small pause here, Mirajane smiling. It's not a sad smile, "Mother, I will do what needs to be done. There's so much that has to happen and I can only see the barest hair of it."
[21:34] <Jaela> "Same here. I was thinking of asking the Triune to be released from her plans there for me. Rebuilding and ruling a world is an important job, but I think I'll do better at other things that need to be done." Jaela shrugs. "So if, when the time comes, you feel like slipping away quietly with me to travel across the Primes that need all the help they can get...."
[21:35] <Kotono> "If it is to come to pass, it will," Mirajane says, "Perhaps Grandmother could come with us as well. After this, I do not think any of us will be suited for a quiet retirement."
[21:38] <Jaela> "Probably not," Jaela muses. "It's the sort of thing where the heavens might want to pretend you're acting on your own, and her ties to the Court are far stronger than anything I have in the service of the Triune. But maybe, if she feels strongly enough about." It's good to keep her options open, in any case. "Now then, how about going to see the Old Man about your qualification?"

Corwin

[19:43] <Kotono> The day has come! The portal to Medi's quarters is surrounded by the maidens, each with a sword of Afina's crafting. They prepare the ritual, surrounded by the mages of Aurora...OOC: Go ahead and set each of yourselves up.
[19:45] <Jaela> Even though they've done their preparations carefully and studied the ritual, Jaela is still prepared for the worst. And that means she awaits by the portal in her robes, ready to counter anything that would endanger the lives of the participants.
[19:45] <Afina> Afina hangs back, having done her part by the crafting it's up to those with more magical skill to do the actual opening. She's curious to see what all the fuss is about, though.
[19:46] <Kotono> Balyss holds her blade, awaiting and casting occasionally glances behind. Simmer stares ahead, flames flickering over her sword. It's enough to keep her attention firmly fixed on them. Hanna awaits in the meantime, sword pointed down. The others are about as well, as...
[19:46] * Muirfinn waits off to the side, more than a bit interested in seeing if they can finally do this. He looks forward to seeing what's inside.
[19:47] <Kotono> Others are about - Sylvie, Tepen, Vul'lath, the Jarl, Priest, Morniel and others yet. But they merely watch.
[19:47] <Ithea> Much like Afina and Muirfinn, Ithea waits in anticipation, watching for the ritual to commence as it needs to.
[19:51] <Kotono> There's no word for it - instead, each maiden raises the blade high! The portal begins to shine in time with the blades, each and every color shown! What starts at the portal spreads - arcane runes spread all over the entry hall like a tidal wave! In this ruddy white light you can her Mei's voice. It is a beautiful voice, speaking in the Words of Creation. Each word echos throughout the hall,
[19:51] <Kotono> like a church bell being rung! It is followed by Aurora shaking, each word bringing a heavier shake!
[19:52] <Jaela> Medi must have anticipated this, and Jaela merely tenses with anticipation!
[19:52] * Ithea uses detect magic, just so she can see what's going on with more detail, knowing something is happening besides what normal vision would be able to see.
[19:53] <Afina> "Elena...?" Afina mutters to try and get the girl's attention and have her word on whether this is good or not.
[19:53] <Ithea> roll d20+40 spellcraft
[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+40 spellcraft and gets 52." [d20=12]
[19:56] <Kotono> "It's going fine - I think," Elena appears, "Just hold on!"
[19:56] <Kotono> Each word echos louder and then? With the last word the portal turns incandescent white! Elena eeps, "Look!" She points, "It's done! It's open!"
[19:58] <Jaela> If the portal is open, that's the best invitation Jaela could have expected! She steps past it and into Medi's quarters!
[19:59] * Muirfinn heads in as well!
[20:00] * Ithea also follows! What hidden treasures, wisdom, or secrets will Medi's quarters hold?
[20:03] <Afina> "All of you feeling okay?" Afina asks as she flutters amidst the sword-maidens to make sure they didn't get any feedback or anything from it.
[20:06] <Kotono> As the party steps in, reality freezes to a halt. You stand in welcoming light, unaware of anything but the voice that speaks. It is a man's voice - proud and strong, but yet undeniably tired. "Someone finally made it this far. That you have made it through my barrier shows you are powerful and also of strong character, able to befriend Elena. What lies beyond is yours, and I only ask that you
[20:06] <Kotono> use Medicant well and that you take care of Elena." Then you stand amid a vast hall, dozens of doors going about. Lying about all over are riches - piled about, items of arcane power about. Tomes, books, scrolls, potions, swords, armor, rings and more! Elena appears with you, "Oh, Medi did get it all in safely," she murmurs, "Everything's intact!"  The hall is colored white, rising high. The
[20:06] <Kotono> floor, what you can see of it, is full of strange, ever-moving markings.
[20:06] <Kotono> "I'm fine," Simmer pipes up, Balyss nodding as well.
[20:08] <Afina> Nodding to that after the speech from Medi, Afina smiles and flutters in after the others. "So this is more than you thought was saved?" she asks Elena.
[20:08] <Jaela> "Can you see this area now?" Jaela asks Elena curiously, for her part.
[20:09] <Kotono> "I can!" Elena says, "There's so much! His spell libraries are intact, and so are the alchemy lab and everything!" Blurting out, reddening and smiling, "I...I guess Aurora really is all yours." Looking up after that, "Use it well."
[20:10] <Ithea> "You know we will," Ithea replies, as she starts poking around some of the tomes.
[20:10] <Afina> "We'll keep going as we've been so far," Afina reassures Elena fondly.
[20:11] * Jaela grins. "After we pay Lady Chan back for her generousity, at least. To us and to Medi."
[20:11] * Muirfinn begind picking through the raw unadulterated STUFF lying about, nodding absently at Elena. "We're going to need to catalogue all of this."