News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Final Fantasy d6 game

Started by Anastasia, November 27, 2012, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taishyr

Friday's fine for me but sounds like Neph can't do it.

Anastasia

Okay then, in that case and on further discussion with all concerned, we'll be taking option 2. More information coming in the next post.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Right now we have four people. I know Gate wants to use scarves and battle fans. What type of weapons are each of you going to use and how are they gonna be? Like is Merc using ninja knives or broadswords or what? Doesn't need to be a lot here, just enough to fit in the right types in the shop post coming up.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I'd like to start off with an Arcane weapon and then possibly branch out by using the unified property.

Anastasia

Okay, what exactly would it look like and be? A staff? A magical glowing crystal thingy? Just some basic details are fine and it can be fantastical if you like.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

To start, a magic crystal, which that might end up being part of his hands (maybe changing his skin depending on the Geotrance available)

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Taishyr

Starting with an Arcane staff on loan. Eventually going to be looking at an Shield with Gemini, doubling as an Arcane weapon.

Any opinion on "improving current item" versus "buying new items"? (I imagine the cost will be the same, as will be the gameplay effect, but if someone wanted to stick with one weapon and have that be improved instead of having what's storywise a new weapon every upgrade, would that be doable?)

Anastasia

Quote from: Taishyr on December 26, 2012, 10:33:59 PM
Starting with an Arcane staff on loan. Eventually going to be looking at an Shield with Gemini, doubling as an Arcane weapon.

Any opinion on "improving current item" versus "buying new items"? (I imagine the cost will be the same, as will be the gameplay effect, but if someone wanted to stick with one weapon and have that be improved instead of having what's storywise a new weapon every upgrade, would that be doable?)

Yeah, we can work something out there if you like. Is there something in the book you saw for this or are you spinning it outta whole cloth?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'll be starting out with armblades / bladed tonfa type weapons.

Ninja knives, scimitars, katanas, other curved blades, sickles, punching daggers, claws, etc are also fair game upgrades.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Taishyr

Totally whole cloth. The book mentions using applying Gemini to shields to make them weapons - I was thinking (for the first level of the shield) a simple wooden shield with metal engravings on it, arguably blood-coated.

Anastasia

Sounds good, Merc. What weapon category?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Taishyr on December 26, 2012, 10:37:05 PM
Totally whole cloth. The book mentions using applying Gemini to shields to make them weapons - I was thinking (for the first level of the shield) a simple wooden shield with metal engravings on it, arguably blood-coated.

Okay. I'll talk to you about it more a bit down the line, since it wouldn't be a session 1 thing. Let me get the basics in order before messing around with that.
<Afina> Forever.

Taishyr

Sure thing. I can't actually use the shield until I level up, anyway.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on December 26, 2012, 10:37:14 PM
Sounds good, Merc. What weapon category?
Blade, of course. I will generally work entirely with Blade category. I may occassionally look at concealed or brawl weapons if it's a significant upgrade, but otherwise, probably only if they're gemini weapons with Blade group as one component.

Gemini Blade/Ranged for chain/snake swords would be awesome as legendary weapon types for later on.

One of the main reasons I want blade is for the reliable property. Hell, one of the reasons I went for dual wielding was the ability to get an extra roll.

I know how my rolling will go if I don't take steps to improve it. >_>
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.