News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

020: The Final Frontier - ELF BABES!

Started by Yuthirin, December 19, 2012, 11:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

[17:04] <@Kotono> OOC: Following with shardsense?
[17:04] <Fiora> OOC: that;s the plan
[17:08] <@Kotono> Thus in sleepiness and in a daze the party gets things together and follows! The push and rush of the forest is intense as you hurry along, along and along! You can feel your shardsense telling you that the lizard is making better time - it's slowly feeling farther and farther away.
[17:09] <Hamish> "He's gotta stop eventually!" Hamish says, urging celestial horses faster
[17:09] <Hamish> !
[17:11] <@Kotono> "That would be boring if he didn't," Siri pipes up, "It's got to be a spell and those run out!"
[17:12] <@Morana> "And the nice thing about spells, he runs out of them sooner or later too."
[17:12] <Fiora> "How many times can he cast it, is the question." Fiora notes, while pressing on as well. "We may not be able to catch him soon...but at least he can't evade us."
[17:15] <@Kotono> With that the party races along - and ahead you come to an obsticle. A gully is ahead, a sharp, rocky slope down. At the bottom is a river - perhaps two dozen feet across. You can't tell how deep it is from up here.
[17:15] <Fiora> "Well." Fiora stops and looks down, "I suppose he can do that, yes."
[17:16] * Hamish pulls the reigns. "Well, I reckon that will make things slightly more difficult."
[17:17] * Iris glances one way and then the other to check for signs that the obstacle narrows somewhere down the line. Or maybe they're lucky enough for there to be a bridge...somewhere.
[17:19] <Fiora> "If we cannot continue the chase, we'll just have to go to the hunt." Fiora concentrates on her shardsense, making sure the feeling is still moving. "Of course this would happen shortly after we lose our hunter..."
[17:19] <@Kotono> OOC: Make a quick spot check, Iris.
[17:19] <@Kotono> It is indeed still moving, Fiora notes.
[17:20] <Iris> roll 1d20+13
[17:20] * +Hatbot --> "Iris rolls 1d20+13 and gets 20." [1d20=7]
[17:20] * @Morana looks around for something they can use to continue chase through, same as Iris.
[17:20] <@Morana> roll d20+10 spot
[17:20] * +Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+10 spot and gets 22." [d20=12]
[17:22] * Hamish can barely see these days with all the birght light about, and doesn't even bother looking!
[17:22] * Iris frowns and points. "Upstream a ways may be the best option we have," she says. "It at least appears to narrow somewhat that direction."
[17:23] * @Morana nods in agreement. It's the same findings, so it must be right!
[17:23] * Hamish turns the cart in that direction!
[17:24] <Fiora> "Let's look, then. But I think we can ease up the pace for now, we're not catching him quickly, no sense running ourselves into exhaustion."
[17:24] <@Kotono> The afternoon sunshine glisten sthrough the canopy above as you advance upstream. Indeed, the stream does thin down - it's only about a foot across. A rather large stone juts out into the river, moss covered and damp, just above the surface of the river.
[17:26] <Hamish> "Looks like here could be a good spot." Hamish says, coming up along the bank.
[17:27] <@Kotono> As you can come up to the bank, you see the river looks to go about four to six feet at the deepest. The current is fairly strong and bits of ice cling to the edge of the rock.
[17:29] <Hamish> "If we go around the rock, we could use it to break up the current and get through."
[17:31] <@Kotono> 'It's just water,' Siri pipes up, 'Just go throught it! What's the worst that happens, you get wet? Well, I'm sure that's new and terrifying for Iris, but still!'
[17:32] * Hamish snrks, guiding the horses into the water.
[17:32] <Iris> "Rest assured I know what we shall throw overboard if the cart proves overburdened," Iris says.
[17:32] * Fiora nods, "Well...you'd be the expert in getting your cart across. I'll follow your lead here." Then with a cross look to Morana's hip, "The worst that could happen is that the current sweeps away something important. Like our weapons." She lets the implication of that sink in...hopefully, it might go right over the cutlass's 'head'.
[17:34] <@Kotono> OOC: Do you have any skills related to driving or your cart or anything, Hamish?
[17:34] <Hamish> OOC: Profession!
[17:34] <@Kotono> OOC: Roll it.
[17:34] <Hamish> OOC: And handle animal!
[17:34] <Fiora> OOC: Can Fiora aid with Profession(Messanger)? It's vaguely travel related?
[17:35] <@Kotono> OOC: Sure.
[17:35] <Hamish> roll 1d20+12 Profession check holy crap I never thought I'd use this!
[17:35] * +Hatbot --> "Hamish rolls 1d20+12 Profession check holy crap I never thought I'd use this! and gets 21." [1d20=9]
[17:35] <Fiora> roll 1d20+7 aid another
[17:35] * +Hatbot --> "Fiora rolls 1d20+7 aid another and gets 11." [1d20=4]
[17:36] <@Kotono> With Hamish leading and Fiora helping out, the cart goes through the wagon! Water flows in, wetting the party - but you make it to the far bank safely!
[17:37] <@Kotono> *water. It goes through the water, not the wagon.
[17:38] * Iris dries herself off with a wave of her hand, because what else are cantrips for?
[17:38] <@Kotono> OOC: Y'all following?
[17:39] <Hamish> Onward the cart goes!
[17:41] <Chloe> OOC: I...guess?
[17:41] * Fiora asks Iris to magically dry out her boots at least as they keep going.
[17:42] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[17:42] * +Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 7." [1d100=7]
[17:42] <@Kotono> roll 1d100
[17:42] * +Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 57." [1d100=57]
[17:43] <@Kotono> You continue on for another hour of slow going. The path ahead is tough, lots of tree lind gullies, dips and general bad terrain. But on you continue - until you come to a long hill. When you reach the top you find the trees to fade. Ahead is a cliff, stretching wide. Everything is foggy with clouds, the chasm ahead absolutely massive in both length, distance and depth. You can't even see a
[17:43] <@Kotono> bottom with the fog. Ahead is a wide bridge, wide enough for your wagon. It's an old rope bridge, rattling slightly in the wind.
[17:45] * Fiora stops, "If he knows we're following, he may have sabotaged the bridge. We should check first, before taking the cart."
[17:45] <Hamish> "Well shit. I hate climbing." Hamish says.
[17:45] * Fiora checks her shardsense again, of course.
[17:45] <Iris> "I would also strongly suggest we not all cross while on the cart," Iris says, eyeing the bridge warily. She dismounts and walks over to give it a critical examination.
[17:45] <Chloe> "Close your eyes then?" Chloe suggests.
[17:46] <Hamish> "I mean if the bridge is bad."
[17:46] * Chloe nods at Iris. "One at a time might be best."
[17:46] <@Kotono> The bridge looks sturdy enough for a rope bridge. It's made of wide slats of wood with tiny little gaps between them, barely an inch or so and secured with rope. OOC: Do you have any relevant skills, Iris?
[17:47] <Iris> OOC: other than maybe spot for noticing obvious weakness, I guess not
[17:48] <@Kotono> OOC: A related profession, knowledge: architexture, anything like that.
[17:49] <Iris> OOC: nope!
[17:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Carry on then.
[17:50] <Fiora> "I suppose I could try casting Make Whole on the bridge, just in case?"
[17:59] * Fiora does so, walking up to the edge of the rope bridge and casting Make Whole on what of it she can see.
[18:01] <@Kotono> The bridge ahead of you become more whole - like it just got a shine and maintenence, looking more solid and generally swaying less in the wind.
[18:01] <Fiora> "So who wants to scout it out first?"
[18:02] <@Kotono> 'Iris,' Siri speaks up, 'She has good eyes on her, doesn't she?'
[18:02] * Chloe volunteers!
[18:03] <Chloe> "Just promise me you'll cry a *little* bit if I fall to my death!"
[18:03] * Chloe gingerly begins edging out onto the bridge, carefully testing the footing and stability!
[18:03] <Iris> "I will be suitably disappointed," Iris allows.
[18:03] <Fiora> "How about rather then crying, we find a way to the bottom to get your body back with us for when you revive in the morning?" Fiora offers, with a half smile.
[18:04] * Chloe sticks her tongue out even as she carefully treads the bridge!
[18:06] <Hamish> "There's no crying in Ysgard." Hamish nods.
[18:07] <@Kotono> Thus Chole slips ahead! Soon the way she went from is lost in fog. Ahead is a the bridge. Visibility is perhaps 40 to 50 feet before fogginess takes over. Going out a bit shows no sign of the far end. Just chilly fog as far as you can see. It is silent here, save for the slight noise of the bridge moving with the wind.
[18:07] <@Kotono> *ahead is more bridge. That got mangled.
[18:09] * Chloe turns around and shouts back to the party, "It seems to be ok so far! Wait a little bit and then follow me unless you hear me shrieking to my death as I fall!"
[18:09] * Chloe then continues on at a slow and steady pace, hoping to reach the end of the bridge.
[18:10] <@Kotono> Meanwhile the party can her Chole's voice - faraway and distorted. IT comes out of the fog, shouting about being okay and following.
[18:11] <@Morana> "Sounds like she's okay, I'll go next," Morana offers, before she starts going across the bridge.
[18:12] * Fiora nods, "Alright, I'll go after Morana. Keep some space between us, not too much weight on any single point." Fiora keeps ready to cast Make Whole again if one of the two in front say the bridge looks bad further on.
[18:13] * Iris will take fourth place in line, at a decent distance.
[18:14] <@Kotono> Morana advances ahead. She finds the same misty paradise, vanishing away after about 40 feet onto the bridge, hidden from the rest. Meanwhile Chloe advances. Ahead she sees a small island of stone - it is like a great pillar of stone has been placed down. It's perhaps 30ft in diameter. The bridge connects to it. On the other side of it is another rope bridge, and to the left is a second one -
[18:14] <@Kotono> this one going down at a slight angle. There's several large, flat stones ringing the edge of the island. Meanwhile the rest of the party slowly follows...
[18:15] * Chloe concentrates on her shardsense as she reaches the island of stone, hoping that one of the bridges will lead in its general direction!
[18:15] <@Kotono> The bridge ahead is leading in roughly the right direction.
[18:16] <@Kotono> As Chloe reaches the island of stone...OOC: Make a quick spot check.
[18:17] <Chloe> roll 1d20+2 Dammit, Spot!
[18:17] * +Hatbot --> "Chloe rolls 1d20+2 Dammit, Spot! and gets 8." [1d20=6]
[18:18] <@Kotono> OOC: Carry on.
[18:19] <@Kotono> OOC: By th eway, I assume Hamish is taking up the rear?
[18:19] * Chloe waits on the island in order to lead the party on the right bridge!
[18:19] <Hamish> OOC: Yup
[18:19] <@Kotono> Soon enough the party catches up to Chloe on the misty island. OOC: Spot checks, all.
[18:20] <Iris> roll 1d20+13
[18:20] * +Hatbot --> "Iris rolls 1d20+13 and gets 17." [1d20=4]
[18:20] <Fiora> roll 1d20+2
[18:20] * +Hatbot --> "Fiora rolls 1d20+2 and gets 5." [1d20=3]
[18:20] <Hamish> roll 1d20+3 woo
[18:20] * +Hatbot --> "Hamish rolls 1d20+3 woo and gets 23." [1d20=20]
[18:20] <@Morana> roll d20+10
[18:20] * +Hatbot --> "Morana rolls d20+10 and gets 16." [d20=6]
[18:20] <@Kotono> Iris, Hamish and Morana all can notice one of the flat rocks has some words carved into it.
[18:22] * Iris approaches the rock to read it!
[18:22] <Hamish> "Words on the rocks! No time to worry about that, though! To the LEFT!" Hamish wheel the horses leftwards and ON!
[18:22] * Kallen (Rudy@ppp59-167-140-198.static.internode.on.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[18:23] <@Kotono> Iris can see three words written in Common. They are PRANCING DARING DREAMING.
[18:24] <Chloe> "Wait, Hamish! The shardsense is in the direction of the bridge straight ahead! Not the left!"
[18:24] <Fiora> "And you really shouldn't take the cart first."
[18:24] * Iris reads this aloud for everyone's benefit, then: "What gibberish is this?"
[18:24] * Chloe points to the bridge in question, hoping to stop the crazed madman before he...did something crazy!
[18:25] <Hamish> "NO TIME FOR THAT! GOTTA GO!" Hamish cracks the reigns, hiking the horses into a gallop as he heads off on the bridge!
[18:26] * Chloe blinks. "Uh...well. Someone needs to follow Hamish. The rest of us should follow the shard. We can't let that scaled ruffian get away!"
[18:26] * Fiora casts another Make Whole, this time on the bridge that Hamish is taking...and follows along, willing to trust that he knows something she doesn't...
[18:26] <@Kotono> Hamish and cart rush ahead, the bridge swaying at the gallop! The Make Whole makes the bridge rock less severely, old wood becoming knew once more!
[18:27] * Chloe glances behind her, sighs, and then dashes off to follow Fiora and Hamish!
[18:27] <@Kotono> OOC: What about the rest of you. Are you following, Morana/Iris?
[18:28] <@Kotono> OOC: Also, make a quick profession check, Hamish?
[18:28] * Iris waits long enough for it to become apparent this bridge isn't going to collapse, then follows the rest. Unwise to split up, after all.
[18:28] <Hamish> roll 1d20+12
[18:29] * +Hatbot --> "Hamish rolls 1d20+12 and gets 21." [1d20=9]
[18:32] <@Kotono> With a galloping cart and wagon leading the way, the party follows Hamish! The bridge slopes gently down into the mists, going on for a little time. The bridge rocks but not too much. After a few minutes you see another stone island, this one bigger. It has a tall house on it - a good five or six stories. The bottom story is small but each floor above it is a little bigger and wider. Despite
[18:32] <@Kotono> the top heavy design it does not look the least bit unstable.
[18:33] * Hamish rears back on the reigns, stopping the horses on a dime! A really, really big dime!
[18:33] * Hamish scrambles off the cart, running flat-out toward the building!
[18:34] <@Morana> "...is Hamish in the desperate a need of a chamberpot?" Morana asks after a moment of silence, not knowing what just happened.
[18:34] <@Morana> ooc: in that* desperate
[18:34] * Iris steps onto the stone island and pauses to check her shardsense to find out just how far her ex-husband has led them astray.
[18:34] <Fiora> "Hamish!" Fiora calls out after him, "What are you doing!?"
[18:35] <Hamish> "I DON'T KNOW!" Hamish calls back.
[18:36] <@Kotono> The shard's not in this direction - you don't detect a huge difference from where you were, at least.
[18:36] <Fiora> This admission only seems to leave Fiora dumbfounded, but she follows along, unwilling to leave an ally to unknown circumstances!
[18:37] <@Kotono> You see there is a single door to within. It opens as Hamish sprints towards it, warm light spilling out. The scent of food and hearth trickles out.
[18:37] <Hamish> "YEAH!" Hamish dives through the doorway!
[18:37] <Iris> "Why is it that we are held hostage to the whims of our most unreasonable ally?" Iris wonders allowed as she reluctantly follows him in.
[18:38] * Chloe shrugs helplessly and follows, hoping the shard isn't completely out of reach whenever this mess is done and over with!
[18:38] * Fiora at least waits for the other ladies to catch up, so they can go into the building after Hamish as a group.
[18:40] <@Kotono> Hamish dives in - and slams right into someone! Within you find a well appointed room - an inn's taproom or close to it, a large spread of food on several tables. It's warm and cheery in here, Hamish in a heap. Just past him, lying on the ground in a heap, is a blonde woman. Her ears are the ears of an elf, features having an otherworldly angularity to them. Her voice is music, "Ooooh...ooow...you're
[18:40] <@Kotono> eager," she groans, managing ot get to her knees and then stand. She's about six and a third feet tall, clad in robes that look spun from the mist outside. Her eyes are a sharp green and her hair is blonde.
[18:42] * @Morana sighs and follows after the others as well, though she'll wait outside. She has no desire to see Hamish do his business in there.
[18:42] * Hamish shakes his head, his hat dislodging as he does so. He blinks at the woman and starts to grin. "Hell-LO. I'm Hamish. And you?"
[18:44] <@Kotono> "Rylisia," With a bashfully warm smile as Hamish introduces himself, "Did the call reach you so strongly, Hamish? Most come at a far less frantic pace."
[18:45] * Chloe raises an eyebrow. "The call? Pray, explain yourself. We were diverted from an important quest because of this...call."
[18:45] <Hamish> "Why dally?" Hamish says, picking up his hat and placing it perfectly back where it belongs. "So, what brings a pretty girl like you to a place like this?"
[18:45] * Chloe mutters under her breath, "I wonder which head he heard that call with."
[18:46] * Fiora follows in at about this point, "Ah, excuse us. We were crossing the bridge out there when our companion...well, came dashing this way like a madman."
[18:46] <Iris> "Call?" Iris repeats as she inserts herself into the conversation. "Am I to imply you summoned our companion here? I must protest the unwelcome interference--we were engaged in pursuit of an object of vital importance when Hamish here diverted our means of transport."
[18:46] <@Kotono> "The call is a natural occurance when a suitable man passes by." Smiling, "This is the Inn of the Fogs. I didn't initiate it - the building chooses its own keeper. Mr. Hamish, you've been chosen for a great honor."
[18:47] <Hamish> "Course I have. I'm awesome. It's only natural." Hamish preens, buffing his nails on his coat. "What have I been chosen for again?"
[18:48] <Chloe> "My boot up your arse." Chloe mutters sourly. "The shard is GETTING AWAY! Do you want to be the one to explain to the Lady that you let a shard go because you were too busy chasing skirts?!"
[18:49] <Fiora> "...perhaps you should explain a bit more about this Inn, yes." Fiora looks for a seat to take for a bit, as this may be a bit of a story.
[18:50] <Hamish> "I never said you had to follow me, girlie." Hamish says to Chloe. "The Lady knew me well enough when she picked me. I'm sure all things're accounted for. 'N stuff."
[18:50] <@Kotono> "This Inn holds great magic and mysteries and desires a keeper - it is a living thing, of a sort. It will provide an idyllic life here for you, as will I," Here she blushes but takes Hamish's hand, "But it brings an end to the journey you are on now."
[18:50] * Chloe throws her hands up in the air. "You have *got* to be kidding me. Girls, help me out here!"
[18:50] * Chloe looks imploringly to Iris, Morana, and Fiora.
[18:51] <@Kotono> Meanwhile, silent for a goodly time now and coming out of Hamish's wagon, Daerev silently heads within. He heads for a bare wall, a door appearing before him. Here Rylisia pauses, "Oh! Wait!"
[18:52] <@Morana> "...this place is weird," Morana observes as she eyes Daerev just step out of the cart and head inside.
[18:52] <Iris> "Forgive me, Chloe, I am engaged in an intense debate over whether Hamish's occasionally useful qualities warrant the effort of retaining his otherwise disagreeable presense," Iris says.
[18:53] <@Kotono> Daerev doesn't turn back, but instead goes through the door. He does call back as he does, "I'm being called," he says, before the door closes behind him.
[18:53] <Hamish> "You know you loved it when we were married." Hamish taunts.
[18:54] <Fiora> "Hamish," Fiora ignores both Chloe and the woman of the Inn entirely, "Is it your will to stay here? Of your own free will, not of any compulsion or charm?" As she says this, she uses Detect Magic, to see if there is any aura on him that should not be there.
[18:54] <Iris> "Shall I describe for you the horrific experience of feeling your brain melt?" Iris says. "Shall I go to suggest it was perhaps not too high a price for annulment?"
[18:54] * Chloe blinks. "Well, hate to see Lizard boy go, but now the inn has a keeper. All's well that ends well. Let's *go*!"
[18:55] <Hamish> Hamish's expression becomes pained. "Mah heart! Ya wound me, woman! I guess it's true what they say about ex-wives!" He turns to Chloe. "The parents are havin' a discussion. Go sit in th' corner or somethin'."
[18:56] * Fiora waits for Hamish's answer.
[18:56] <@Kotono> "Ahem," The elf coughs delicately into her hand, "He's not the keeper. One of the mysteries here called to him. The keeper's job is, in part, to watch over those that are taken inside. Hamish, you could ensure your friend's safety within the mystery if oyu stay."
[18:57] <Iris> "I would not know what they say about ex-wives," Iris says, "only what may be said about ex-husbands, in which case I shall refrain from repeating, as we have more important matters to attend to and would no doubt also require food and rest sometime in the near future."
[18:59] <Hamish> "It's an inn, right?" Hamish turns to the elf. Abruptly, he turns back! "So crash here a night. A roof over our heads is not something we've had since we got here. It'll give me time to think it overm anyhow. The overgrown gecko ain't goin' anywhere too far, anyhow. Only so far he can run afore someone kindly puts him down for a night."
[19:00] <@Kotono> "You're welcome to stay here for the evening if you need rest," The elf offers.
[19:00] <Hamish> "See?"
[19:01] * Fiora nods, "Our rest was interupted by the beast, so it may not be a bad idea. And food better then conjured oatmeal is always welcome."
[19:01] <Iris> "We found him once, we can find him again," Iris admits, resigned.
[19:02] * Chloe huffs and crosses her arms across her chest in a pout.
[19:03] * Hamish turns to the elf. "They're not so bad when you get some food in them." His voice drops to an exaggerated whisper. "Except for Chloe. She's always angry. Probably got storms in her gut."
[19:04] * Chloe stalks up to Hamish and pokes him in the chest. "Listen, Mister! One more word out of you and I'll fry you so hard that your *mother* will feel it!"
[19:05] * Chloe pokes him one last time for emphasis, giving her finger a tiny jolt of electricity for good measure!
[19:05] * Hamish gives her what is quite possibly the most innocent look she has ever seen.
[19:05] <@Kotono> 'Marry me, Chole,' Siri pipes up in your minds, 'Yowza! That's like the anti Iris!'
[19:05] <Iris> "You know, none of what you just said effectively refutes his description," Iris points out to Chloe.
[19:06] * Fiora goes outside to get Morana, "We're going to be staying for the night. It seems the Inn has....chosen...Hamish as it's new keeper? He needs some time to think over whether he wants to stay or not."
[19:06] * Hamish holds the face for another moment, then keels over laughing.
[19:06] <Chloe> "I. Don't. Care!" Chloe says through gritted teeth!
[19:06] * Fiora then goes to stable the horses and cart.
[19:08] * @Morana frowns a bit at the conversation and shakes her head. She doesn't see how Hamish can abandon one mission to start another (if innkeeping could be called a mission). Let alone, why an inn would choose someone willing to do that, when they may just abandon the inn later? Still, it's not her place to say anything if none of the others can detect mind magics at play.
[19:10] * Chloe huffs girlishly and turns away. "Fine. If we're going to stay here, I want to sleep."
[19:10] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, are y'all gonna rest now?
[19:10] <Iris> OOC: sounds like it
[19:11] <@Kotono> OOC: Anything of note or just resting?
[19:11] <Hamish> OOC: I'm gonna dream at the
[19:11] <Hamish> Lady
[19:11] <Hamish> OOC: Blarg
[19:11] <Hamish> OOC: I'm gonna dream at the Lady, get her opinion on this.
[19:12] * Fiora will explore what parts of the inn that it will let her, and generally do what she can to make sure this isn't some kind of trap or whatnot. Amazing how paranoid one short stay in Hades can make someone.
[19:13] * Chloe will sleep and plot painful death for Hamish.
[19:13] * Iris will accompany Fiora around the place, just in case there's some weird magic at work or something.
[19:14] <@Kotono> Fiora wanders around. No more doors appear - and as she wanders, your elf hostess comes forth. "The Inn won't let you go further unless one of the mysteries calls you," she explains quietly.
[19:17] <Fiora> "I'm merely trying to make sure this inn is not malign," Fiora responds honestly, "and I will not abandon a freind to a trap. If it is his will to stay, and this place does not prove to be something horrible, then as sad as the parting would be, I will take up his share of this burden and let him have his paradise. If it is not..." She smiles, a somewhat sad expression, "I am a paladin."
[19:19] <@Kotono> "This place means no harm. It simply is," Your companion says. "Search as you please, but it is a futile search."
[19:22] <Fiora> "Even if I find nothing, it is not futile." Fiora smiles again, a kinder smile this time, "Tell me, would it not concern you if your new innkeepers companions were quick to leave him behind instead of being worried about him?"
[19:23] <@Kotono> "Perhaps if they were so, then his role would be his salvation," she replies, smiling as well. "I'll not disturb you further. Search as you will."
[19:25] * Fiora finishes poking about, then goes back to her room(presumably shared with Iris).
[19:27] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay then, ready to move along, y'all?
[19:27] <Iris> OOC: sure
[19:27] <Hamish> OOC: Rock on
[19:28] <Fiora> ooc: y
[19:28] <@Morana> ooc: death to t-rexes and sexist inns!
[19:30] <Chloe> OOC; Indeed
[19:31] <@Kotono> That night - dreams. Dreams that fade away in a haze. Yet each of you awakens refreshed, with the Lady of Dreams benediction in your mind. A letting go, an understanding that as much as she needs him, Hamish is needed here as well.
[19:36] * Fiora wakes up...and looks over to Iris, "I assume you had the same dream?"
[19:37] <@Morana> "Chloe will in a minute, yell 'FREEDOM!' probably, but yes," Morana answers firsts.
[19:37] <@Morana> ooc: first*
[19:37] <Iris> "If you have to ask, you are probably correct," Iris replies.
[19:38] * Chloe joins the other ladies, coming out of her room. "When I awoke this morning...I had a strange feeling wash over me." She pauses for a moment. "It feels much like...freedom."
[19:39] <Hamish> Hamish awakens to this and nods to himself. He knows it's hard for women to give him up, and even though Iris seems to be deluding herself, she and the Lady will have to make due. He slouches out of bed and dresses, then heads down to the common room.
[19:39] <@Kotono> OOC: REady to move on a little bit, y'all?
[19:39] <Chloe> OOC: Let's boogie
[19:39] <Fiora> ooc: sure
[19:40] <@Kotono> Thus everyone goes out into the front room. Here Rylisia awaits, and when Hamish emerges with the others, "Have you decided?"
[19:42] <Hamish> "What's to decide?" Hamish grins at her, straightening his hat into a rakish angle. "Never run an inn before. I'm used ta drivin' a cart! Nothin' wrong with learnin' a new trade though, I suppose." He turns to the other girls in the room. "Wanna keep the cart and horses? They're fine beasts and will serve ya well."
[19:42] <@Kotono> "Thank you," The elf bows low, "I promise I'll work to keep you happy here."
[19:43] <Hamish> Hamish's grin turns just a tad lecherous. "I hope so."
[19:44] * Fiora nods, "I suppose one of us will have to learn to drive a cart then." She then walks over and gives Hamish a freindly hug, stepping back and offering a lopsided smile, "Take care, you will be missed."
[19:44] <Iris> "I do not think any of our group other than yourself has a knack for handling animals," Iris says.
[19:44] <Fiora> "Would you mind helping us get over these bridges at least? I'd rather not start learning to handle them in these conditions..."
[19:45] <Hamish> "Aw, thanks Fiora. You were the only girl who didn't seem ta wanna kill me after two days. Feel free ta drop in if ya need ta. I'm sure we'll be around. If this place can't move, I'll figure out how to make it so! I'm not done explorin' yet."
[19:45] <Hamish> "Sure, sure."
[19:46] * Chloe scuffs her feet on the floor. "I'll kind of miss you. B-b-but it's not like I like you or anything!"
[19:46] <Iris> "I had no desire to kill you," Iris says, "although I do find some relief in knowing you will likely prove less a disruption to sensible people in this remote place."
[19:47] * Hamish gives Chloe a very odd look and gingerly pats her on the head. Like an animal.
[19:47] <Hamish> "Eh, there there?"
[19:47] * Fiora eyes Chloe, "I think she just realized that none of the rest of us will put up with her threats like you did."
[19:47] * @Morana gives both of them an odd look, shakes her head and goes out the door. "See you around eternity at some point, Hamish," she says.
[19:48] * Hamish looks at Iris. "Right, ex-wifey. Right. Lemme get the cart down the bridge for ya all and I can see ya off."
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?