News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

The Gathering: In Texas This Year

Started by Dracos, January 08, 2013, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

And so began Chrononauts.  I lost track of how many times JFK was re- and de-sassinated.

Day 2: Soulriders Armageddon-proof-habitat-search:

After breakfast at MetaKnight Cafe--  Er, sorry, Kirby Lane--  Wait, what?  No, I'm going with that typo.  We all decided to search for a home that would withstand light bombing and other horrors of war.  Or we were a bit too into our live action Minecraft re-enactments.  I'm not sure exactly which one it was, but in either event, we went caving.

There are photos of this as well, which remain to be uploaded, as it's unclear how many actually turned out.  Underground photography is kind of a thing.  This was the Inner Space cave, if I recall.  We saw some interesting bones, several fascinating cave formations, a small frog, and tons of petrified prehistoric bat guano.  We were supposed to experience perfect darkness as well, but something very faintly glowed.

Oh, also, walking in the cave felt like exploring a damp armpit of the earth, at around 70 degrees F and 95ish percent humidity.  Was pretty crazy.  After that, we enjoyed the exotic delicacy that is Chic-fil-a hid behind comforting air conditioning at the hotel, accompanied by even more games.  We played quite a few games, as it turned out.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Well, I at least bought the paper for that day.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/november-22-1963,10584/

Also, I'll try and be less lame and get photos from my phone to the forum thread soon :)
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Day 3: Soulriders official 'free' day/Zombie Survival Training Pt. II, OR Iddy Teaches Us All To Hit The Bullseye

Drac wandered off after breakfast, leaving the rest of us interested in handguns to learn how to properly hold a pistol under Iddy's expert gaze.  We bought a single box of ammo to use with a gun rented from the range.  Merc and Hal went first, doing quite well; I was a bit slow to follow on account of being shaken by pissing off the range officer (Note: Do NOT approach the bench.  Seriously).

Thanks again to Iddy's expert guidance, proper grip and handling instructions, we all managed to get the bullseye at least once, though only Hal got as close to the center as Iddy.  We are slightly more prepared to handle the zombies at this point, except for Drac, who presumably will be relying on melee weaponry.

After that, we regathered, and Hal joined me in visiting my brother for the first time in a few years, which was nice.

Following that and a dinner break, we got to the meat of the meeting:

More board games!

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

I can teach anyone to shoot! =D

Honestly, though, most of it was you guys actually listening to me and taking action on what I said. Only ones responsible for your shots are you. You pulled the trigger, not me. That's all your accomplishment. =)
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

More importantly, we all had great fun!

~exploding tag~

Brian

Day 4: No offical day, really.

We learn that people in Texas have even weaker resistance to energy type: cold, than Drac.  Considering that Drac has it at a 1.5* damage mod, that's pretty impressive.  While Drac, Iddy, and Merc enjoy the pool (or try to, anyway), Hal and I retired to enjoy our cigars and fine liquor while discussing the most important matters known to man:

Fanfiction ideas.  For Harry Potter.

We have our priorities quite straight, I assure you!

After that, we play board games until we're sick of it, and also Cards Against Humanity (which due to an error only arrived that day), and then break for dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse.  Prepared and forewarned against the ability of my companions to devour meat, they engage in the underhanded tactic of doing their damndest to stuff us as quickly as possible, and pretty much pull it off.

Should have known the salad bar was just a distraction.

After that, we were restored, and continued to game further.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Your posts only enrage me further.  I can't believe I missed this.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Your totem animal was with us in spirit!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Every time we saw a turtle, or one was mentioned (say, in Cards Against Humanity), someone determined it was you, joining us in spirit.

Also, in regards to your CAH card:

OW.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Uhu? This particular Gathering was in 2013. I don't recall seeing a thread for a 2016 Gathering. Was there one set up?

Dracos

There wasn't one this year.  Many voiced that they needed some time at the last one.

Spammer purged.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

If Yuth'saron wants to visit Texas though, he's certainly welcome to! :)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Merc, you're a doll. A plushie, if you will.