News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

General chatter

Started by Anastasia, March 23, 2013, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 02, 2013, 03:26:28 AM
Finally Neph since he's the last one that posted.

QuoteBase attack/CMB/CMD: +4/+7/+20

Monk's AC bonus applies to CMD as well, so your CMD should be 23. No + to it either, it's a flat defensive value like AC.

QuoteSpecial Attacks:
Special Qualities:

Haven't added those yet?

2x 300

You messed up your link. Ties into the one above it, though click it once for the 404 error. I approve.

Looks good otherwise. May the bear maulings be with you.

I believe I corrected everything. Thank you for taking the time to look through it.

Anastasia

Sure.

Okay, we have sheets in and everyone's ready for Friday! The 10,000 dollar question is this: Do you guys want to be together already as a backstory thing or to meet in character?

(Speaking of backstories, do you have one, Cor? I forgot to mention I didn't see one on your sheet last night.)
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

First meeting I think. Give us something tough to bond us together!

Nephrite

Corwin

Thirded. All I have in mind is a generic background, I'm afraid. I've been holding off on it in hopes of coming up with something better, but I might just end up posting it tomorrow if not.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

So FFd6 is moving to Mondays. Having Tuesdays off was to keep that day free for FFd6 and is thus obsolete. Is switching to Tuesday through Fridays a problem instead of Monday and then Wednesdays through Fridays?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 03, 2013, 02:19:36 PM
Thirded. All I have in mind is a generic background, I'm afraid. I've been holding off on it in hopes of coming up with something better, but I might just end up posting it tomorrow if not.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with developing more in game.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 03, 2013, 02:19:41 PM
So FFd6 is moving to Mondays. Having Tuesdays off was to keep that day free for FFd6 and is thus obsolete. Is switching to Tuesday through Fridays a problem instead of Monday and then Wednesdays through Fridays?

Shouldn't be on my end.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Nephrite

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Miscellaneous shit is ahead. I'm clearing out various subjects on mind and answering a few questions from chargen. Beware rambling.

What type of classes are we likely to see?

I'm going to be avoiding using casters too much, at least to start. Bear this in mind relative to what I mention.

What fits the setting. Druids and rangers are the most common, but scouts also get some wilderness abilities. Traveling bards are a thing, going from settlement to settlement and spreading news. More or less anything else is possible but less likely. As for non-core systems and classes built around them? I'm going to use psionics at least occasionally. I'd like to stay sharp on them after learning them. Warlocks and dragonfire adepts are probably going to be in the mix. I may try something like incarnum to mix things up at some point too. Racial paragon classes should be counted on too.

What about prestige classes?

Whatever fits. Things with a foresty bend will get priority here. This won't matter right away since you're all only level 4. I'll be making any PrCs generic if it regards planar stuff (assuming they're used, which is unlikely) or religion. See below for religion.

What won't be used?

Paladins don't fit the area or style well, so I don't anticipate using them often. Wizards are likely to be rare compared to sorcerers. Hexblades, Samurai, Factotum, Marshals and Knights are generally not a good fit here and likely to be rare. It's also likely for clerics to be rarer to favored souls.

What about religion? How's that work here?

I've been busy and haven't had the time to fill these details in yet. None of you look to be particularly religious (even the druid) so I haven't worried about it too much. With less summons and generally less clericy types around, faith is a bit closer to the real world's view of it than typical D&D land. In any case serious religion isn't likely to come up much.

What about the Underdark and Drow?

This got brought up by both Cor'n'Eb. They're interested but I have fairly serious concerns. To get right to the point, I don't really like drow, get anything out of running them or generally 'get' them at all. For whatever reason they hit a dead zone for me. I generally try and avoid running things that fall in that zone, as I feel a DM that's disinterested or uncomfortable with his material can't help but do a shitty job. It's not fair to anyone for the DM to roll out a shitty product, especially those who are fans of the material.  Same reason I'd never run a hard sci-fi campaign.

That being said, I'll fiddle and see if something works out with them. No guarantees but I'll look at them. It's possible I may do something Underdark-esque without them, I don't really know. I likely won't have the time to do so until our May break.

What's the content rating for this game?

Probably R for violence. I aim for maturity without trying to push things too far. Violence will be as explicit as the situation calls for, other things less so.

What about alignment?

Exists, probably isn't going to be a huge deal this game. Try and avoid going evil and try and keep your actions reasonably close to any class alignment requirements. This is in response to Balmuria 3, where alignment was a serious thing. I don't plan on using the variant extreme alignments much if at all, though they're still in houserules if they end up needed.

Oh yeah, subject change. Since I see two of you have Herbalism ranks, how much are those going be used?

NPC healers are likely to use that and bed rest versus magic. How much y'all use it is up to you and your style. Incidentally, any of you have suggestions for other uses or applications of the skill, I'm all ears. I'll probably go along with anything that isn't crazy. Speaking of, there should probably be some sort of anti-poison measure for Profession(Herbalist). Mental note to do that tomorrow.

Any other custom skills or subskills?

I may do something with a couple of craft or profession skills later. Maybe, maybe not.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Antivenom added to herbalism.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

REMINDER!

This is our last session with a full party for about a month. I'll be doing something to write Cor out for next week so Gildas+Porridge can get some things done. Then when they're both gone we'll have about a week and a half to two weeks of breaktime. We'll resume with Gildas+Feather when Cor gets back until Eb returns.

Cor, I need to talk to you privately about this. I meant to earlier but I lost track of things. Details need to be worked out. Remind me tomorrow if I don't poke you.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on April 01, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
Right.

We'll write Cor out for his vacation, cancel when Cor and Eb are both gone and then have Cor's PC return when he gets back. Eb's PC will follow suit once Eb gets back from vacation. So a pre-emptive no sessions from May 2nd to May 12th.

Update: Eb needs more time to prepare for his vacation, so we won't be running from now until May 12th. That's about a day under three weeks.
<Afina> Forever.