News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

General chatter

Started by Anastasia, March 23, 2013, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A few random notes from my stat tracking. These weren't updated for the bonus dungeon, which used a different advancement scheme. There's probably mistakes in here due to checking things in loot and not updating.

Let's list them here.

Fire resistance. Needs new number+1 for boost. 2=fire res 1, 3=fire res 2 and so on. Resets each increment. Full damage is 2, successful save is 1. Requires taking damage to register. At 5, go up to 6 and gain heat res+improved heat res.

Gildas 3/3
John 2/1
Feather 3/3

Competence bonus to reflex saves

Requires evasion. Needs 5 evasions for a +1 competence bonus, 10 for +2 and so on.

Gildas, 7, 2
Feather, 8, 3
John, 4, 2
Myann, 0, 1

Bonus feats for crits

More successful critical hits unlocks various bonus feats. 5 crits equals power critical and 10 equals improved critical. They're gained with the character's favored weapon type.

Porridge 2
Feather 14 (add in weapon chosen here)
Gildas 5
Myann 1
John 1

Stunning fist boosts

Number of stunning fist hits. Save is 1, no save is 2.

Gildas: 0 (+2)
John: 5 (+1)

Block shot hits. 25 gives weapon focus(ranged spell) or whatever it is, 50 gives a bonus spell.

Myann: 50

Feather dodges. 10 gives a +1 dodge bonus to AC. 20 gives +2 and so on.

Feather: 3 (+2)

Spellcraft checks 5 equals a +1 competence bonus, +5 for each additional.

Feather: 2

Tumble checks same as above

John: 2
Feather: 1

---

Weapon used to kill undead (10=undead bane special property, 30=Fiercebane undead, 50=+1 enhancement bonus boost. 100=intelligent weapon)

John: 41 (staff) 8 (unarmed)
Feather: 16 (sword), 9 (unarmed), 1 (bow), 4 (scimitar), 3 (greatsword)
Myann: 28 (spell), 14 (sword)
Gildas: 50

----

Lizard kills. 20 equals a +1 competence bonus to damage rolls against shocker lizards, 40 +2 and so on.

Feather: 25
Gildas: 20
John: 36
Myann: 11

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Myann's final resource summary. Posted here for posterity.

Myann 12/12 c, 14/14 1st, 14/14 2nd, 14/14 3rd, 12/12 4th, 6/6 5th, 154/154

Edit: Party HP from topic added too.

Feather: 151/151, Gildas: 179/179, John: 160/160
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

In the Vastwoods world, what was the difference between pixies, fairies, Dryads and so on? Were they basically the ranks of the fey realm?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on August 21, 2014, 11:20:51 AM
In the Vastwoods world, what was the difference between pixies, fairies, Dryads and so on? Were they basically the ranks of the fey realm?

This was discussed in one of the lore books, so let me quote that.

QuoteTo understand the broad differences between each member of the Fair Folk, you must comprehend the following fact. Each Fair Folk is, beneath everything else, one of several known types. The complications come in that each type has unfathomable variety. This is because every Fair Folk, regardless of what type they are, takes on secondary aspects. These aspects are shared between the Fair Folk and manifest differently between each one. These aspects are known as mantles in Sylvan and will be referred to such from hereon.

These are the base creatures from the SRD or other sources.They're altered by the mantle system to be their own thing. Every pixie you met is a SRD standard pixie beneath the changes their mantles made to them.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay, so if in SRD a Dryad is stronger than a pixie, it may still be stronger in the Vastwoods naturally, but if the Dryad gets a weaker mantle, the Pixie probably ends up being stronger?

Also, Knight Fairwind, I believe, was the only person we found who was ever titled in such a way. Were there other roles within the courts, or was he special because of what he was before?

Oh yeah, whatever happened to the guy with the roses for eyes? I forget if he stayed with the Circle or wandered off on his own. I hope he wasn't there when the Fellowship stopped in.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on August 21, 2014, 11:47:27 AM
Okay, so if in SRD a Dryad is stronger than a pixie, it may still be stronger in the Vastwoods naturally, but if the Dryad gets a weaker mantle, the Pixie probably ends up being stronger?

Yes, that could be. Also, sometimes there's creatures with advanced hit dice and other things that influence how powerful they are. Beyond nobility and royalty, which were mantle provided, most Sidhe didn't harp on rank too much. That's why, as it tends to be a bit blurry unless one of those two mantles is in play.

QuoteAlso, Knight Fairwind, I believe, was the only person we found who was ever titled in such a way. Were there other roles within the courts, or was he special because of what he was before?

Yes. Courts vary on the Sidhe who run them. Roles vary from court to court.  He wasn't particularly special due to his previous life.

QuoteOh yeah, whatever happened to the guy with the roses for eyes? I forget if he stayed with the Circle or wandered off on his own. I hope he wasn't there when the Fellowship stopped in.

He wasn't. Kral has an idea of where he is, but to be honest, he forgot about him with what happened.
<Afina> Forever.