News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Kickstarter Items of Interest!

Started by Iron Dragoon, June 01, 2013, 01:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VySaika

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/joe-devers-lone-wolf-the-lone-wolf-adventure-game

DUnno if anyone else played the old Lone Wolf adventure books, but I loved them. Neat to see an actual RPG getting made from them.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

My, that is ancient.

I remember reading some of those.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impellerstudios/starfighter-inc/

Iddy linked.  I also was a fan of those types of games.

I have one...really big concern though.  The budget cost for just the people they showed in the video, for an average year, is more than will be left over after kickstarter's take.  250k for a 3d game project is hardly anything at all.  15 just out of college programmers will eat that in 3-4 months.

I read 16 player online multiplayer with dedicated servers and I see a pretty big price tag.  Maybe with ten times that budget, we'd be talking, but this seems like enough to sketch out a few ships in one environment.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Quote from: Merc on June 28, 2014, 10:45:22 PM
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/assault-on-doomrock-board-game <-- Indie Gogo instead of Kickstarter, but same difference. =p

Assault on Doomrock looks like a fun D&D/fantasy-ish card-based board game, though I'm waiting see rulebook before pledging. It is co-op play btw.

For anybody interested, an expansion for this board/card game is supposed to go on Kickstarter on May 16th (tentatively), with the base game also available as part of a combined pledge level.

I'm -hoping- it's a bit more reasonably priced this time around, as the original Indiegogo campaign at $60 felt a bit high, which I mostly attributed to shipping from Poland and low production run. Hopefully with them targeting a larger audience through Kickstarter and having had some success with the initial production run of the base game, they can maybe lower price point. It really does look like a fun game, I'd be sad to pass on it a second time.

I'll link the kickstarter page when it actually launches and offer some impressions on it.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Yeah, it's having quite the marketing push.  Hah I briefly ended up with it in both windows alongside soulriders.  Still small money, but hey, they're getting there and they've got a budget that includes selling at the 60 dollar price point it seems.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Quote from: Merc on May 06, 2015, 11:45:23 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide

Quote from: Merc on June 28, 2014, 10:45:22 PM
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/assault-on-doomrock-board-game <-- Indie Gogo instead of Kickstarter, but same difference. =p

Assault on Doomrock looks like a fun D&D/fantasy-ish card-based board game, though I'm waiting see rulebook before pledging. It is co-op play btw.

For anybody interested, an expansion for this board/card game is supposed to go on Kickstarter on May 16th (tentatively), with the base game also available as part of a combined pledge level.

I'm -hoping- it's a bit more reasonably priced this time around, as the original Indiegogo campaign at $60 felt a bit high, which I mostly attributed to shipping from Poland and low production run. Hopefully with them targeting a larger audience through Kickstarter and having had some success with the initial production run of the base game, they can maybe lower price point. It really does look like a fun game, I'd be sad to pass on it a second time.

I'll link the kickstarter page when it actually launches and offer some impressions on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bdgames/assault-on-doomrock-doompocalypse/

So it's launched, with the relevant options being:
- $60 base game (same as indiegogo), or
- $85 base game + expansion.
- $300 (4-pack) base game + expansion

The game still looks really fun, and I've heard nothing but good things about it, although I am disappointed that they didn't lower cost at all. It seems like they were expecting a low production run again (Indiegogo sold 450 copies) and wanted to do a worldwide shipping flat cost for everyone.

For the time being, I'm backing it, though I do have a month to back out.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Dracos

Tempting, but I already have Resistance which barely gets played for lack of large crowds.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

That was pretty much my opinion on that. I think having Resistance, Coup, Werewolf and/or Mafia is enough to cover the party game crowd, rare that it comes up. I think my copy of Avalon has been played a grand total of 3 times.