News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

#033: ???

Started by Merc, September 22, 2013, 04:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

[18:30] <Kotono> ------
[18:31] <Kotono> Thus the party sets out on their new, grand adventure...by staying in town. They drop by the white mages, looking for information. OOC: Y'all, set yourselves up so I know what you're looking for and what questions you'd like to ask.
[18:32] * Lehko lounges where he can, stretching out and flick his tail contentedly as he lets the others ask their questions.
[18:32] <Morrie> Morrie steps in and looks around at the guild halls, still happy to be somewhere that isn't dank and dark again. "I think we should just head to the Guild Master. This doesn't seem like something we should waste time with."
[18:34] <Lehko> "Sure. Might want to avoid mention of Jessica, though."
[18:35] <Kotono> Outside the Guild Master's office, you find a surly, pimpled faced young man. He's sitting at Jessica's desk, distinctly moping. His arms are crossed and he radiates MY LIFE SUCKS. The white mage robes dyed black probably have something to do with that too. He sullenly gazes at the party but doesn't greet them.
[18:36] <Penelo> "Is there a problem with her, kupo?" She tilts her head, looking at Lehko questioningly.
[18:36] * Lehko chokes back a chuckle at the young man.
[18:36] <Penelo> She mentions this comment BEFORE reaching that desk.
[18:36] <Lehko> "N-no. He just seems... protective.. of her.
[18:36] <Lehko> "
[18:37] * Morrie blinks at the youth, then gestures at the door. "We're here to see the Guild Master, is he in?"
[18:38] <Kotono> "He's not in." The voice sounds downright miserable.
[18:39] <Morrie> "Can you tell us where he is?" He tilts his head slightly, not going to accuse the young man of lying... yet.
[18:40] <Kotono> The young man crosses his arms and looks on, "Having fun being a hypocrite."
[18:40] <Kotono> OOC: Strike, misread.
[18:40] <Kotono> The young man crosses his arms and looks on, "He's off somewhere, having fun being a hypocrite."
[18:41] <Morrie> He looks back at the others. "Suggestions?"
[18:42] <Lehko> "Any idea *where,* specifically?"
[18:43] * Quits: Mycol (~chatzilla@c-68-62-57-116.hsd1.mi.comcast.net) (Connection reset by peer)
[18:43] <Kotono> "Probably off with my stepmom," he mutters, "I bet they're having lots of fun together."
[18:43] * Joins: Mycol (~chatzilla@c-68-62-57-116.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
[18:43] <Lehko> "So you're Jessica's step-brother or something?"
[18:44] <Mycol> "Flesh man lineage gets messy."
[18:44] * Mycol wiggles.
[18:44] <Penelo> "Indeed it does." She nods in agreement with Mycol.
[18:44] <Kotono> "I-" The sullen young man stops, staring at Mycol. "Woah," he breathes out.
[18:45] <Mycol> "Sporeogenesis is a lot more straightforward."
[18:46] <Morrie> He turns back to the young man. "It's very important we find him. It may be a matter on scale with the Neverending Darkness."
[18:46] <Kotono> "Wait, wait, wait. Do that again," Morrie gets ignored for the moment, his attention focused on the mushboom. "You have some crazy moves!"
[18:46] * Lehko palms his face at the kid.
[18:47] <Mycol> "Pff. That's nothing."
[18:47] * Mycol will take a step back and throw down a quick breakdance sequence.
[18:47] <Mycol> 2d6+5
[18:47] * Hatbot --> "Mycol rolls 2d6+5 and gets 10." [2d6=3, 2]
[18:47] <Penelo> OOC: I am facepalming so hard right now.
[18:47] <Mycol> "Not my best work....."
[18:47] * Mycol sighs
[18:48] <Kotono> The kid seems completely entranced by it still. "Woah," he repeats, "You've got to teach me how to do that! Those are some great steps and moves! Plus your mushroom look so authentic! It's not like all those posers!"
[18:48] <Kotono> *is so
[18:48] * Lehko stares at the kid and 'shroom.
[18:48] <Morrie> "Mycol, can you ask him his father is?" He shakes his head.
[18:48] <Lehko> "I am not nearly drunk enough to deal with this."
[18:51] <Mycol> "There are.... wait..."
[18:51] * Mycol is struck dumb.
[18:51] <Mycol> "Mushboom fashion?"
[18:52] <Morrie> "I think he thinks you're dressed up like one." He offers.
[18:53] <Kotono> "Yeah, like some people dress up like moogles, some like imps and I know one guy who keeps dressing up as a wolf. But you look so much more authentic," The youth is gushing by the end, "And those moves!"
[18:53] <Mycol> "That implies there are others dressing up like us. Or me."
[18:53] <Mycol> "I don't know how to take that. Are all fleshmen so.... ...odd?"
[18:53] <Penelo> "...." The moogle actually exhales a sigh. "We need to know where the guild master is, kupo." She waves a hand like 'heeeeey look at meeeee' to the boy.
[18:55] <Kotono> "Fleshmen! That makes it all so much more real, man!" Nodding to himself, "We are all fleshmen! I'll have to remember that one! Say..." Rubbing his chin, "How much did that mushboom fashion cost you? I got some gil saved up from my allowance."
[18:56] <Penelo> "...................................." She flaps her little wings, taking flight long enough to move and land in front of the desk, half hanging off of it. "We need to know! It's important!"
[18:56] <Lehko> "Look kid, that's a real Mushbloom. And the only thing copying his dance moves will do is protect your virginity. Forever. Just tell us where the Guild Master is most likely to be."
[18:56] * Mycol doesn't have a concept of what that word means, so isn't as offended as he ought to be.
[18:58] <Kotono> "Fine," Tearing his gaze away a moment to Penelo, "He's eat Barrigan's. It's a tavern sort of thing. One of those ones for old folks where they talk about the good old days or something. It's lame." Then back to the other two, "I'm not a v-virgin! I've totally scored!"
[18:58] <Kotono> *eating at
[18:58] <Mycol> "I think you'd better help my friends. Ask your....father? Boss? about Sir Mycol."
[18:58] * Morrie turns and starts to walk out.
[18:58] <Mycol> "If you remain curious."
[18:59] <Penelo> "Thank you, kupo!" She goes to waddle out on her short legs after Morrie.
[18:59] * Lehko snorts at the kid.
[18:59] <Kotono> "I will," the boy calls as the party turns to go. "Thank you, Sir Mycol!"
[19:00] * Mycol saunters out.
[19:00] * Lehko heads out as well.
[19:00] <Morrie> "How many people are even the same height as Mycol?" He asks, managing to hide most of his exasperation.
[19:01] <Penelo> "I am close to his height."
[19:02] <Mycol> "At least he thought you were real. Probably."
[19:02] <Morrie> "Do you think there are a lot of Moogles dressing up as Mushbooms?" He asks on the way to the tavern.
[19:02] <Kotono> OOC: Going to find that tavern then?
[19:02] <Mycol> "He did say something about people dressing up as Moogles. Maybe this is how we gain acceptance in Fleshman society. Just wait until they all look like us anyway always."
[19:03] <Mycol> OOC: (I'm down.)
[19:03] <Penelo> "He needs to get out more." She looks at Morrie, thinking about this. "... I am not sure." Yes, since they should be acquainted with the town by now, she is indeed working her way to Barrigan's.
[19:03] <Morrie> OOC: Indeed.
[19:05] <Kotono> Barrigan's isn't really a tavern. It's a tucked away building in the good part of town. A rather surly and overly muscled man ins there. He wears iron armor and is bald. A rather oversized club is within reach. He just stares the party down as they approach.
[19:06] <Penelo> "Hello, friend!" She innocently walks up to the man since he's there.
[19:06] <Morrie> He walks up and decides to let the Moogle do the talking for now.
[19:07] <Kotono> He gives you a look, "Wait a sec, you all are the new knights." He shrugs his shoulders, "Coming in?"
[19:09] <Lehko> "Is the White Mage Guild Master in there?"
[19:09] <Kotono> "Yeah, he's in there," The doorman replies.
[19:10] * Morrie nods. "Then let us go inside."
[19:11] * Lehko nods.
[19:12] * Penelo nods, looking at him. "If you would, please."
[19:14] <Kotono> The party heads on in. Inside is dimly lit. It smells of old wood, smoke and booze within. There's fireplaces, a few bookshelves full of well aged tomes, several animal heads mounted on the wall and lots of stuffed chairs and couches. From somewhere unseen some light music plays. People sit in clusters here and there and talk, or are alone and relax. The guild master is sitting on a couch.
[19:14] <Kotono> Sitting opposite of him is a rather smaller man with a sharply hooked nose and rat-like features. They're talking quietly.
[19:15] * Morrie gestures over at the two and heads in that direction!
[19:15] * Mycol whispers.
[19:15] <Mycol> "Aren't step-moms usually women?"
[19:15] <Lehko> "That's not a step-mom."
[19:16] <Penelo> "I think he was mis-informed.."
[19:16] * Lehko strides over and claps the Guild Master on the shoulder.
[19:16] <Lehko> "Guild Master, I hate to interrupt your meeting, but we've come across something *important.*"
[19:17] <Kotono> The two are looking the party's way by the time they make it over there. "Well, well, well." Nodding slightly, "This is getting interesting! What's so important that you tracked me down?"
[19:17] * Penelo lets the others do the talking, she looks around the room a bit more, looking a bit displeased at the mounted heads on walls.
[19:17] * Lehko gives the floor to Morrie!
[19:19] <Morrie> He leans in, speaking in slightly hushed tones. "Have you heard of the Zodiac Demons? We... have discovered one of their artifacts."
[19:20] <Kotono> "I haven't," he says, "But what's this artifact?"
[19:20] <Lehko> "Something from the local temple of Shiva."
[19:20] * Lehko grins at the man.
[19:21] <Morrie> "It is a stone that contains one of them. We had hoped to... have it analyzed, or dealt with... or any number of other things. It is... beyond our comprehension, but it is extremely dangerous. We thought since you all had done research on the Staves..." He trails off.
[19:21] <Kotono> "I can give it a go," The imposing giant says, Taley's eyes shining. "Do you have it with you?"
[19:23] <Mycol> "We're not about to let it out of our sight."
[19:23] <Mycol> "From what the others tell me, it would be a bad idea to leave it unattended. VERY irresponsible."
[19:24] <Kotono> "That means it's something fun," The hook nosed man smiles. His voice is unremarkable.
[19:24] <Morrie> He turns his attention to the other man. "Are you, by any chance... the Guild Master of the Black Mages, then?"
[19:25] <Penelo> Her ears perk up, looking at the man.
[19:25] * Lehko drags a chair over to the table and plops down, signaling for a mug of ale.
[19:27] <Kotono> That draws a snort of laughter from the man, "No, I'm not." The signal gets a butler to come over, giving him a little shot glass of something light brown.
[19:28] <Morrie> He blinks, a bit surprised at that answer. "My apologies, he had mentioned he was working with them on the Staves, so I thought you all might be discussing that. Lehko... could you take it out, please? I'm not so confident about doing this here... but I suppose if anything happens, we can handle it." He says.
[19:29] * Merc is now known as Santos
[19:31] * Lehko nods and produces the gem! Thing!
[19:32] <Kotono> Aquarious is withdrawn! It glints in the dim light, despite no radiance shining on it. Taley reaches out, "May I?" he asks, pausing just before taking it.
[19:33] <Morrie> "I think if there's anyone qualified to handle it, it would be you. Just... be aware, it may try to ... possess you." He tries to find the right words and hopefully nailed them.
[19:34] <Kotono> "Well, then I'll just have to show the stone who's boss," The giant white mage replies.
[19:36] * Morrie nods and takes a breath.
[19:36] * Lehko hands it over!
[19:36] <Kotono> The stone is taken! Thankfully, nothing seems to happen. The giant guildmaster stares into it for a time, "I'll have to give it a full study," he finally says.
[19:38] <Morrie> He nods. "Very well. Do you wish us to leave it with you, then?"
[19:39] <Kotono> "Yes," he says, and with a bit of a laugh, "Consider it a temporary trade for Jessica. That girl, I swear she takes after her mother too much.
[19:39] <Kotono> "
[19:40] <Morrie> "We have some things to take care of outside of town, so we'll check back in with you when we're done." He nods again.
[19:41] <Mycol> "I have some misgivings about leaving it with a civilian, even one as powerful as you, maybe especially so."
[19:41] <Mycol> "But I'll defer to Morrie's judgment, as he's the one who has been dealing with this before again."
[19:41] * Mycol nods.
[19:41] * Lehko blinks.
[19:42] <Lehko> "Jessica? Did... Did you just sell your Granddaughter to us?"
[19:43] <Kotono> "A temporary trade," The old man sighs, "She's too headstrong to listen, as you've seen."
[19:43] * Morrie turns to Lehko and just opens his mouth... then shuts it. "I apologize for disturbing your time off, sir." He nods to the other man. "It was a pleasure to meet you as well."
[19:43] <Penelo> "I believe he means we take care of his grand daughter, he'll take care of the artifact, kupo."
[19:43] * Lehko turns to Morrie.
[19:44] <Lehko> "We'll just tell her that her Grandfather accept the gem as a dowry from Santos!"
[19:44] * Lehko grins toothily.
[19:45] <Kotono> OOC: Okay then. Investigate shrine or go find and beat on Malboros?
[19:45] <Morrie> OOC: Let's go beat on some Marlboro Men.
[19:45] <Penelo> OOC: Malboros!
[19:45] <Lehko> OOC: I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
[19:45] <Mycol> OOC: Mycol would like to face the Malboros later than sooner.
[19:48] <Santos> ooc: Let's go kill some cigarettes!
[19:49] <Kotono> OOC: That's three for the 'boros, so they carry. More comign.
[19:49] <Kotono> The next day the party rises! Today is the day you're leaving. But as the party prepares, the innkeep comes by. A wrapped present box is in his hands. The old man says, "It was left for you early this morning," he says.
[19:50] <Lehko> "Not it!"
[19:50] <Penelo> Presents! The moogle will move to happily accept it since it's a nice shiny present box and she wants to see it.
[19:50] <Kotono> The box is taken! OOC: Going to open it?
[19:50] <Penelo> OOC: Yes.
[19:50] <Kotono> Within the box is...OOC: Loot.
[19:50] <Penelo> The happy moogle will look to see what the shiny loot is.
[19:51] <Morrie> Brought to a state of complete speechlessness, Morrie takes a moment to clear his throat. "Let's get moving."
[19:52] <Mycol> "..."
[19:52] * Lehko smirks and heads out.
[19:54] <Kotono> OOC: REady to move along then, y'all?
[19:54] <Penelo> OOC: Yes
[19:55] <Morrie> OOC: Arrr.
[19:55] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 47." [1d100=47]
[19:56] * Penelo carrying the box along, looks at Mycol. "............... This is interesting."
[19:56] <Kotono> Thus the party takes off with its new ride! You make much better time as Ebenezer and Lehko take turns driving. Jessica spends it riding in the back as the day passes. You make it south of Palsch in one day, heading along towards the cave. OOC: Any sort of night watch or anything?
[19:56] * Mycol is visibly shaken this whole event, and very quiet.
[19:56] <Santos> ooc: I recommend putting the cat out for the night. He has best awareness, and the rest of us want sleep.
[19:57] <Lehko> OOC: I'm up for a chunk of watch. Not all of it, though. I doubt you want me driving with no sleep.
[19:57] <Morrie> OOC: I can take the part after Lehko.
[19:57] <Santos> ooc: I'll drive if you fall asleep!
[19:58] <Penelo> OOC: The moogle will happily do the third shift and wake everyone up in the morning.
[19:58] <Santos> ooc: Santos will happily sleep.
[19:59] <Kotono> OOC: Okay then.
[19:59] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[19:59] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 90." [1d100=90]
[20:00] <Kotono> Sleep passes without incident and the party hurries on. By mid-afternoon the party reaches the foothills. You're not quite in the southern swamps yet, but the land is barren and yet a bit sodden as the hills take over. Soon you come to your destination. It's a rather large cave entrance, unremarkable on first glacne. There's nothing outside that shows it to be remarkable at all.
[20:01] <Penelo> "Nothing seems wrong here, kupo."
[20:03] <Morrie> He nods to Penelo. "But we know they're inside here. Let's be careful in here."
[20:03] * Lehko nods and heads in side, looking for traps and ambushes!
[20:07] <Santos> "Are they smart creatures? Or all instinct? Just to get an idea for what exactly to expect," Santos asks.
[20:08] <Penelo> "I am unfamiliar with them.."
[20:09] <Kotono> OOC: Taking the point, Lehko?
[20:09] <Lehko> OOC: Yep.
[20:09] <Morrie> roll 2d6+6 Monster Lore to answer Santos' question
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 2d6+6 Monster Lore to answer Santos' question and gets 11." [2d6=2, 3]
[20:09] <Kotono> Morrie knows they're reasonably intelligent. They aren't human smart but they're brighter than a typical animal.
[20:09] <Lehko> OOC: let me know when to roll awareness.
[20:10] <Kotono> Ebenezer looks on from his perch, "Do you want either of us to come with you?" he asks, Jessica poking her head out curiously.
[20:11] <Morrie> "They're at least on par with what we've dealt with before in the other, smarter monsters." He answers Santos, then looks back at the other two. "Sure, why don't you come along, Jessica? Unless you'd really like to see some Malboros up close, Ebenezer?"
[20:13] <Mycol> "I don't know why he would."
[20:14] <Kotono> "I'll watch the gate," Ebenezer says cheerfully, as Jessica comes on. "Oh, there's treasure inside, right?"
[20:14] <Mycol> "Uh... why don't you both go? I'll watch the cart."
[20:14] * Mycol shifts about nervously.
[20:14] <Morrie> "Come on, Mycol. We've killed worse." He pats him on the shoulder. "We'll be here."
[20:14] <Kotono> Jessica comes over and rubs Mycol's mushroom top. "Come on, you're more fun than Ebenezer is to have around."
[20:14] * Mycol grimaces.
[20:14] <Penelo> "We will make sure you are fine."
[20:15] <Mycol> "I guess so...."
[20:17] <Kotono> OOC: Go ahead and make awareness, Lehko
[20:17] <Kotono> ?
[20:17] <Lehko> roll 2d6+9 Awareness
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+9 Awareness and gets 18." [2d6=5, 4]
[20:19] <Penelo> The moogle does look to Jessica with a little disdain for that comment. "Ebenezer is just fine to have around."
[20:20] <Kotono> The first bit of the cave is a short passage that tightens up a bit. It's unremarkable. Ahead is a turn, the cavern meandering along past that turn. But as Lehko approaches, he can hear a slithering sound beyond it.
[20:20] * Lehko holds up a hand and turns to whisper to the others.
[20:20] * Penelo will hush when the hand is held up, though she wasn't talking particularly loud to begin with.
[20:20] <Lehko> "Slithering ahead."
[20:21] * Lehko moves in, pistols at the ready.
[20:22] * Morrie nods and readies himself!
[20:22] * Penelo grips her staff a bit. Gives a careful glance at Mycol, not wanting to be caught looking concerned.
[20:23] <Kotono> Jessica nods and steps back, smiling at Penelo, "He's fine, but I'm more fun," she insists, "Besides, there's treasure in here, I'm sure of it!"
[20:24] * Mycol is on the alert, checking and double checking his new robes.
[20:26] <Kotono> OOC: Goin-oh wait, Missed Lehko's line.
[20:27] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109'
[20:27] <Kotono> Thus the party springs ahead and past the turn! Ahead, at medium range, are four of them! Malboros! Yet they aren't as big as they should be, only perhaps half the size! They're all vines and teeth, lots of teeth! They're slowly coming the party's way! OOC: They're at medium but you have a surprise round! I'll resolve in chat HP order. Go Morrie.
[20:29] <Morrie> "It's been a while, I think I might be a bit rusty at this..." He takes a breath and tries to summon the power of the wind spirits of the plains to strike at the first Malboro!
[20:29] <Morrie> roll 2d6+3
[20:29] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 2d6+3 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 1]
[20:29] <Kotono> OOC: That's a hit!
[20:29] <Morrie> OOC: 105 damage.
[20:30] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | init placeholder | M1: 99'
[20:30] <Kotono> The shearing power of wind slices into the first malboro! It makes a high-pitched, pain cry as its sliced into! OOC: Ow. Santos.
[20:30] * Santos fires a shot from his gunblade at the second malboro!
[20:30] <Santos> roll 2d6+5
[20:30] * Hatbot --> "Santos rolls 2d6+5 and gets 12." [2d6=4, 3]
[20:30] <Santos> roll d6 reroll 3
[20:30] * Hatbot --> "Santos rolls d6 reroll 3 and gets 6." [d6=6]
[20:31] <Kotono> OOC: Hits.
[20:31] <Santos> ooc: 128 damage, and spellburst:virus
[20:31] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | init placeholder | M1: 99 M2: 123 (virus 4)'
[20:32] <Morrie> OOC: Hey, he can't attack at medium range!
[20:32] <Kotono> OOC: He has the ranged property on his g unblade.
[20:32] <Santos> ooc: Since when can't bullets hit for medium range?
[20:32] <Kotono> BANG! The second malboro gets a bullet through the mouth, the baby bad-breather staggering back as much of the back of its mouth is now on the wall behind it! OOC: Le ow. Lehko.
[20:32] <Kotono> "They don't look that strong," Jessica comments, all while staying well back of the melee line.
[20:33] <Morrie> OOC: Screw you, Santos!
[20:33] * Lehko opens his combat by unleashing Orlandeau's Strike at malboro 1! OOC: Quick cast
[20:33] <Kotono> OOC: Is that an actual spell? I don't think quick cast applies to job abilities.
[20:33] <Lehko> OOC: Ah, you're right, but it's a Standard action regardless.
[20:34] <Kotono> OOC: Right. Okay. You also need to make an attack roll with it.
[20:34] <Lehko> OOC: Yep.
[20:35] <Lehko> roll 2d6+3 ATK!
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+3 ATK! and gets 15." [2d6=6, 6]
[20:35] <Kotono> OOC: Crit.
[20:35] <Lehko> roll 2d6+96
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+96 and gets 102." [2d6=4, 2]
[20:35] <Lehko> OOC: 204 Holy Damage.
[20:35] <Santos> ooc: why are you rolling for damage?
[20:35] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | init placeholder | M2: 123 (virus 4)'
[20:35] <Kotono> roll 3#1d100
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 3#1d100 and gets 123." [3#1d100 = 1, 57, 65]
[20:36] <Lehko> OOC: Because it's  (PWR x (2 x Level)) + 2d6 Holy M.ARM damage
[20:36] <Santos> ooc: You rolled attack
[20:36] <Santos> ooc: Remember, you keep attack rolls?
[20:36] <Penelo> OOC: Yeah it'd be 12+96
[20:36] <Lehko> OOC: Oh shit, that's right. Doesn't matter, died.
[20:36] <Santos> ooc: I mean, it won't make a different, it's still dead, but yeah.
[20:37] <Kotono> With one potent, powerful shot, Lehko causes a burst of holy power to erupt out of the Malboro! It's torn asudner, collapsing ito a few gil and leaving a potion bottle behind! OOC: Got it, one down. Penelo.
[20:37] <Penelo> She holds her staff up, lookng a bit nervous, as this is her first time using the Lich Staff she recently obtained. She glows for a moment as she spends a Quick Cast on this attack, aiming to use Blizzara on the Third Malboro!
[20:38] <Penelo> roll 2d6+126
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Penelo rolls 2d6+126 and gets 132." [2d6=4, 2]
[20:38] <Kotono> roll 132*1.5
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 132*1.5 and gets 198."
[20:38] <Kotono> roll 3#1d100
[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 3#1d100 and gets 131." [3#1d100 = 56, 13, 62]
[20:39] <Kotono> The third Malboro can't even react before a giant spike of ice impales it fromb elow! Cold flash-freezes the impaled plant in a second, and it crumbles to icy ruin before you, a few gil falling with it! OOC: Ow. Mycol. Two down.
[20:40] * Mycol decides that he might be able to cripple one of the remaining two.
[20:40] * Mycol will erupt in a fast dance that comes to a sudden stop, casting Stop on the third Malboro
[20:40] <Kotono> OOC: 4th, you mean? The third got overkilled by blizzaga.
[20:40] <Kotono> OOC: Er, blizzara.
[20:41] <Mycol> OH.
[20:41] <Mycol> OOC: Yeah. Fourth
[20:41] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, make your opposed check.
[20:42] <Mycol> 2d6+4
[20:42] * Hatbot --> "Mycol rolls 2d6+4 and gets 12." [2d6=3, 5]
[20:42] <Kotono> roll 2d6+3
[20:42] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+3 and gets 8." [2d6=2, 3]
[20:42] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | init placeholder | M2: 123 (virus 4) M4: (stop 4)'
[20:42] * Joins: Soul (~Soul@99-177-222-135.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
[20:42] <Kotono> Under that assault of frozen time, the fourth malboro is utterl paralyzed, unable to act! OOC: Surprise round over. Init, y'all.
[20:42] * Quits: Penelo (~Soul@99-177-222-135.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net) (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Soul)))
[20:42] * Soul is now known as Penelo
[20:42] <Santos> roll 2d6+3
[20:42] * Hatbot --> "Santos rolls 2d6+3 and gets 7." [2d6=2, 2]
[20:43] <Kotono> roll 2d6+3 M2
[20:43] <Kotono> roll 2d6+3 M4
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+3 M2 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 1]
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+3 M4 and gets 12." [2d6=6, 3]
[20:43] <Morrie> roll 2d6+4 Morrie iniiiiiiiiit
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 2d6+4 Morrie iniiiiiiiiit and gets 10." [2d6=5, 1]
[20:43] <Penelo> roll 2d6+4 iniiiit
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Penelo rolls 2d6+4 iniiiit and gets 9." [2d6=4, 1]
[20:43] <Lehko> roll 2d6+6 Init
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+6 Init and gets 10." [2d6=3, 1]
[20:44] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo(9)>Santos(7) | M2: 123 (virus 4) M4: (stop 4)'
[20:44] <Lehko> roll 2d6+2 Wofl Init
[20:44] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+2 Wofl Init and gets 9." [2d6=3, 4]
[20:44] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M2: 123 (virus 4) M4: (stop 4)'
[20:44] <Kotono> OOC: Mycol, init?
[20:44] <Mycol> 2d6+4
[20:44] * Hatbot --> "Mycol rolls 2d6+4 and gets 10." [2d6=2, 4]
[20:45] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M2: 123 (virus 4) M4: (stop 4)'
[20:45] <Kotono> OOC: 4th one is stopped and doesn't act. Lehko.
[20:45] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M2: 123 (virus 4) M4: (stop 3)'
[20:45] <Mycol> OOC: "Stop" is apparently just "Don't move"
[20:45] * Lehko snaps rounds off at the second malboro!
[20:46] <Kotono> OOC: It's at medium distance so it can't close in anyway, Mycol.
[20:46] <Mycol> OOC: It can still take actions according to the manual. It just can't move into close range.
[20:46] <Mycol> OOC: OK
[20:46] <Lehko> roll 2d6+3 ATK!
[20:46] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+3 ATK! and gets 12." [2d6=3, 6]
[20:46] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[20:46] <Lehko> OOC: 38 damage.
[20:46] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M2: 156 (virus 4) M4: (stop 3)'
[20:47] <Kotono> Another shot is fired in the cave, the sound of it echoing! But the wounded second malboro has another hole in it thanks to the sharpshooter! OOC: Mycol.
[20:47] * Mycol will use telekinesis to snap off his Maracas at the mobile Malboro.
[20:47] <Kotono> "This is easy money," Jessica comments as maracas go flying!
[20:48] <Mycol> 2d6+2
[20:48] * Hatbot --> "Mycol rolls 2d6+2 and gets 9." [2d6=1, 6]
[20:48] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[20:48] <Kotono> OOC: Are these the burning maracas or anything?
[20:48] <Mycol> OOC: 21 damage, and yeah, they're the burning maracas.
[20:48] <Kotono> roll 21*1.5
[20:48] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 21*1.5 and gets 31.5."
[20:49] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M2: 182 (virus 4) M4: (stop 3)'
[20:49] <Kotono> OOC: Also, platn eater in effect?
[20:49] <Mycol> OOC: Wait.... doubled the wrong number. 27 damage
[20:49] <Mycol> OOC: It's on my accessory, so yes.
[20:50] <Kotono> OOC: 27 before or after plant eater?
[20:51] <Mycol> OOC: Before
[20:51] <Kotono> roll 27*2.5
[20:51] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 27*2.5  and gets 67.5."
[20:51] <Kotono> roll 3#1d100
[20:51] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 3#1d100 and gets 134." [3#1d100 = 7, 56, 71]
[20:51] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M4: (stop 3)'
[20:52] <Kotono> Burning maracas play a sizzling pain-melody on the wounded plant! It burns up and withers, becoming nothing more than a smelly, burnt out husk! OOC: Ow. Morrie.
[20:52] <Mycol> "I..... I killed one."
[20:52] <Morrie> Morrie again calls out for the spirits of the wind to strike down the fourth Malboro!
[20:52] <Morrie> roll 2d6+3
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Morrie rolls 2d6+3 and gets 8." [2d6=1, 4]
[20:53] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[20:53] <Morrie> OOC: 103
[20:53] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>M2(10)>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M4:97 (stop 3)'
[20:53] <Kotono> Razor winds gush forth, slashing over and over into the paralyzed malboro! It can do nothing but stand there and take it! OOC: Ow. M2's already dead, so Penelo's up.
[20:54] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 | M4(12)>Lehko=Mycol=Morrie>Penelo=Wolf(9)>Santos(7)>Jessica(0) | M4:97 (stop 3)'
[20:54] <Penelo> "Yes you did! Good job!" She smiles as she uses her second quick cast, this time casting a mere Blizzard on the stopped Marlboro, not seeing a need to use Blizzara this time.
[20:54] <Penelo> roll 2d6+90
[20:54] * Hatbot --> "Penelo rolls 2d6+90 and gets 96." [2d6=1, 5]
[20:54] <Kotono> roll 3#1d100
[20:54] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 3#1d100 and gets 165." [3#1d100 = 25, 60, 80]
[20:54] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 114/114 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 '
[20:55] <Kotono> An ice-blast freezes the last menace solid, causing it to fade away into a few gil! Ahead the path continues down a little side passage, with straight ahead being a dead end. OOC: Free act. Wow, brutalized them. Loot and bestiary posts.
[20:56] * Kotono changes topic to 'Morrie: 148/148 Santos: 105/105 Lehko: 144/144 Penelo: 76/76 Mycol: 109/109 '
[20:56] * Lehko reloads and holsters his pistols and then toes one of the corpses.
[20:56] <Mycol> "That.... wasn't so bad. Nonetheless, I think those were sprouts."
[20:57] * Morrie collects the Hi-Potions and drops them in the bag. "You see, Mycol? Nothing to worry about. Let's keep going."
[20:57] <Lehko> "So... That went *way* better than I expected."
[20:57] <Santos> "I'm saddened that I didn't get more than one shot off."
[20:57] * Penelo nods her head. "Yes, sproutlings most likely.. "
[20:59] <Kotono> The passage ahead continues on. It's rather narrow, but soon there's a little slicing switchback passage. You coudl take that or continue on down this passage. Neither has any malboros immediately around.
[21:00] <Lehko> "Side passage?"
[21:00] <Morrie> "Shall we take the scenic route?" He looks off to the side.
[21:00] <Penelo> "We could take the side passage."
[21:01] * Lehko nods and heads down the side passage.
[21:01] * Penelo follows!
[21:01] * Mycol will continue at a pace that's more "Cautious" than "Terrified"
[21:02] <Lehko> roll 2d6+9 Awareness
[21:02] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+9 Awareness and gets 17." [2d6=4, 4]
[21:02] <Kotono> The side passage slowly ascends up. Vines grow on the ceiling here, clinging to it and dangling down just far enough to tickle at your face. The scent of plant matter and mold is strong ahead. The path continues on, but sitting against the side of the passage is a treasure chest!
[21:03] <Mycol> "Actually, this cave is quite nice, aside from the malboros."
[21:03] <Penelo> "We could set up a cozy home here."
[21:03] * Lehko eyes the chest suspiciously before checking it over for traps...
[21:04] <Lehko> roll 2d6+9 Awareness: Trapfinding!
[21:04] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+9 Awareness: Trapfinding! and gets 15." [2d6=4, 2]
[21:04] <Kotono> The chest is trapped! Lehko can't tell with what, though.
[21:05] <Lehko> OOC: allow another check, or straight into disarm?
[21:05] <Kotono> OOC: Disarm.
[21:05] <Lehko> roll 2d6+9 Tinkering: Trap disarm!
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Lehko rolls 2d6+9 Tinkering: Trap disarm! and gets 16." [2d6=4, 3]
[21:06] <Penelo> "Be careful, kupo."
[21:06] <Penelo> She states this a bit anxiously. She likes shiny treasures... as does Jessica, most likely!
[21:06] <Kotono> The trap is successfully disarmed! Jessica's looking most attentatively, oh yes.
[21:06] * Lehko flips open the chest with a toothy grin!
[21:07] <Kotono> Within is...OOC: Loot.
[21:08] <Lehko> "Not always money, but useful none-the-less. Keep on this path?"
[21:08] <Kotono> "Oh," Jessica sighs, "It's just the leftovers you sell for pocket change back in town," Snapping her fingers, "Darn."
[21:08] <Morrie> He has to agree with Jessica. He takes the items and drops them in the bag. "We may as well keep going."
[21:09] * Lehko heads down the path..
[21:09] <Penelo> "We will appreciate having these later, kupo." She sighs lightly as she goes to continue along.
[21:09] <Kotono> The passage continues to rise up. It continues up. Ahead is something - it's fairly steep so you can't see, but there's a shimmering semi-transparent field blocking the way. Just before it there's another passage to the left, curving up and out of sight.
[21:10] <Lehko> "Magic field... Morrie?"
[21:11] <Morrie> "...A magic barrier? Here?"
[21:11] * Lehko shrugs and points to it.
[21:11] <Morrie> He looks around. "I'm not entirely sure I can do anything about this... I'm more curious as to why it's here..."
[21:11] <Lehko> "You tell me. Jessica, any ideas?"
[21:11] <Penelo> "Odd, kupo..." She will try to see if she can figure it out. OOC: Magic Lore help here?
[21:11] <Kotono> "Me?" Jessica looks at it, "Maybe I can steal it?" she suggests, wiggling her fingers.
[21:11] <Kotono> OOC: Sure, go for it, Penelo.
[21:11] <Penelo> roll 2d6+4 Magic Loooore!
[21:11] * Hatbot --> "Penelo rolls 2d6+4 Magic Loooore! and gets 11." [2d6=2, 5]
[21:12] <Mycol> "Wait..."
[21:13] <Kotono> It's a magical field. They're used to keep people out of important or secret places. Physical force can't easily break one, nor can magic. It takes a proper counter spell or dispel to get rid of one, usually.
[21:13] <Mycol> "Titan seems to think what's after this isn't natural cave."
[21:13] * Morrie blinks. "'After'? You mean... beyond the barrier?"
[21:13] <Lehko> "Any ideas how we figure out the counter spell?"
[21:13] <Penelo> "I can not rid of this field.. it would take a dispell or proper counter spell to dismiss."
[21:15] <Lehko> "Or back the other way?"
[21:16] <Morrie> "Let us go around for now... perhaps this path leads beyond it." He gestures in that direction. "We can return to this after we deal with the Malboros."
[21:16] <Penelo> "That might be the only way..."
[21:16] * Lehko nods and heads back the other way.
[21:17] <Kotono> OOC: Taking the passage to the left that curves up or returning back the way you came?
[21:17] <Morrie> OOC: We should go left.
[21:17] * Lehko heads left.
[21:17] <Penelo> OOC: To the left. The left. Le-le-the left
[21:19] <Kotono> The party goes to the left. It ascends and curves slowly. After a few minutes of walking you can see it continues on. However, a large rectangle of the right wall ahead is gone, a magical field in it's place. You'd have to go up to it to look out it.
[21:20] * Lehko heads up to it and looks out.
[21:21] * Penelo will also do the same.
[21:22] <Kotono> Ahead is a vast cavern. Above you can see the ceiling is a massive dome, rising hundreds of feet up at the center. The ceiling is regularly punctuated with holes that let in sunlight, forming a checkerboard of light and dark below. The roof is full of clinging vines as well, but these dangle 20, 30 or even 40ft and yet don't come close to the ground. Below you see a cratered and blasted landscape.
[21:22] <Kotono> Skeletons of all type lie about. Plenty are humanoid, others of animals, a gigantic one that's surely a dragon and others you don'te ven know. The entire grounds are full of them. In the center sits an ancient, rusty metal building. It resembles a square castle and you don't see an immediate way into it.
[21:22] * Penelo stares, at a loss of words.
[21:23] * Lehko lets out a low whistle.
[21:23] <Mycol> "This is..."
[21:23] <Lehko> "Well, think we found a place of interest."
[21:23] <Santos> "Poor Ebenezer. He'll be all disappointed when we say what we've found."
[21:24] <Morrie> "But why in the world is it... here?" He blinks, taking in the massive death all around. "Well... at any rate, we should go back and return here."
[21:25] <Mycol> "I agree. It doesn't look like there's much left."
[21:25] <Lehko> "Back the other way, then."
[21:25] <Mycol> "I wonder who else could know about this, though."
[21:25] <Penelo> "It is hard to say, kupo."
[21:26] * Lehko heads back the way we came.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.