News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

What lies beneath

Started by Ebiris, January 23, 2014, 03:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[17:59] <@Kotono> OOC: Just goign to water breathing everyone and head on down?
[17:59] <Feather> OOC: Can anyone manage an endure elements on John?
[18:01] <@Kotono> OOC: Myann can't. Can't you just cast resist energy, though, cold?
[18:01] <@Kotono> OOC: Also that's some fucking awkward sentence construction.
[18:02] <Feather> OOC: Sure let's go with that
[18:03] <Gildas> OOC: I don't have one prepared at the moment, for whatever that's worth
[18:03] <Feather> OOC: I'm good for it
[18:03] <@Kotono> OOC: A day's wait for it is essentially irrelevant, truthfully. It's not like y'all are on a timer right now.
[18:04] <@Kotono> Thus warded and water breathing enabled, the party swims down the spring. You go down and then splash down, emerging in the hidden depths below. Everything here glows an unearthly green. Here marbled and streaked rocks are the color of cloudy emeralds. The water is a bright green. Several lines of it flow upwards, connecting to the ceiling above. Ahead is a lake shore, where there are walls
[18:04] <@Kotono> lined with pulsing green rocks. They glow bright green then fade to black, then repeat that every few seconds.
[18:05] <@John> Swimming towards that shore, John clambers up, dripping wet, and looks around. "More impressive on the inside than the outside, isn't it?"
[18:05] <Feather> "Watch out for them shocker lizards," Feather warns, swimming ashore and then helping Myann climb out.
[18:08] <@John> "Where?" John looks around in alarm.
[18:08] <@Kotono> Myann takes that help, pausing once out to wipe her face clean of water. "Keep an eye open for me," she says, "I want to do something that might distract me." She goes before the stones and sits, focusing on them.
[18:09] <Feather> "Were here last time, before we chased them off," Feather says. As Myann makes her request, however, he taps Gildas on the shoulder, asking, "Mind keeping an eye out? Had something I wanted to try myself."
[18:09] * @John just looks around, distracted by the scenery.
[18:10] <Gildas> He nods to Feather. "Certainly."
[18:11] <@Kotono> OOC: Make a perception check, Gildas?
[18:11] <Gildas> roll 1d20+15
[18:11] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+15 and gets 27." [1d20=12]
[18:12] <@Kotono> Gildas doesn't see anything like shocker lizards around. Still, he keeps a watch as others do their own thing. OOC: Go ahead, y'all
[18:12] <@Kotono> .
[18:12] * Feather nods back, and then heads towards the wall to try and find two identical stones to pluck out.
[18:13] <@Kotono> OOC: I'll call that a perception check as well. If you have a skill related to geology or the like, I'd allow that in place of it too.
[18:13] <Feather> roll 1d20+12 nature or dungeoneering?
[18:13] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+12 nature or dungeoneering? and gets 29." [1d20=17]
[18:14] <@Kotono> OOC: Those are fine.
[18:15] <@Kotono> Naturally identical stones are a rare thing. Feather does manage to find two stones that are similar - both small green rocks more or less the same rough circular shape.
[18:15] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Myann
[18:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 Myann and gets 9." [1d20=6]
[18:16] <Feather> It's as good as he hoped for, if he's honest with himself, and Feather carefully tries to extract them without hurting them or the rest of the wall too much.
[18:16] <@Kotono> OOC: Any relevant skills? It matters here.
[18:17] <@Kotono> Myann focuses a time before she sighs, "It's not coming today," she finally says, as Feather works in the background, "John, weren't you going to touch the stones?"
[18:17] <Feather> OOC: I have no idea what would be relevant here. Acrobatics? DD? Perception? Survival?
[18:17] <@John> "Oh, right. Forgot," John says, looking around a bit before bending down and picking up the nearest glowing stone.
[18:20] <@Kotono> OOC: Anything related to extracting stones safely and intact. Gemcutting or K:A&E or anything else that could be relevant.
[18:21] <@Kotono> OOC: d100, John.
[18:22] <Feather> OOC: Not at all
[18:22] <@Kotono> OOC: Call it a dex cehck then.
[18:23] <Feather> OOC: Can I true strike the wall around the stones?!
[18:23] <@Kotono> OOC: You could and you'd at least aim well, certainly.
[18:24] <@John> roll 1d100
[18:24] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d100 and gets 39." [1d100=39]
[18:24] <Feather> roll 2#1d20+35
[18:24] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 2#1d20+35 and gets 94." [2#1d20+35 = 50, 44]
[18:25] <@Kotono> On touching the stone, John's entire body glows green! The touch makes him feel warm all over, his body brimming over with energy! OOC: Loot.
[18:26] <@John> "Oh hey, this feels really nice!" John says, rolling the pebble around on his fingers.
[18:29] <@Kotono> With a pair of quick slices with an imbued scimitar, Feather cleaves the two stones away. With magically augmented aim, he did a passibly good job of getting them out well. It's not perfect, but it's far better than one could expect by hacking them out.
[18:29] * Feather nods to himself in satisfaction, before hiding them away.
[18:30] <@Kotono> OOC: Add them to your sheet.
[18:30] <@Kotono> "It's nice," Myann agrees as she stands, "These stones are the source of the healing spring, near as we can figure."
[18:31] <Gildas> Gildas blinks... then looks at the wall and tries to detect the magic within them, since he doesn't recall ever trying before.
[18:31] <Feather> "So don't you all wonder if there's another spring below this spring that's below the first one?" Feather asks, diving back into the water.
[18:32] <@John> "What like one of those-" John begins but stops it as a bad job once Feather dives away beneath the water. Shrugging, he wades in to follow.
[18:32] <@Kotono> OOC: Spellcraft, Gildas.
[18:32] <@Kotono> Myann shrugs and lingers a moment with Gildas, "Keeping watch?" she asks.
[18:33] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[18:33] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+13 and gets 29." [1d20=16]
[18:33] <Gildas> He nods to Myann. "I will."
[18:34] <@Kotono> There's power here. Great power - it ripples around the each of you (and oddly in mushroom shaped waves of magic around Myann, or perhaps not so oddly after all) like cloaks of power. Gildas is able to detect that it flows from deep below, but otherwise the power is a mystery to him. It's potent and primal.
[18:34] <Gildas> He turns to the others. "It's coming from below here. Whatever "it" is."
[18:36] <@Kotono> John and FEather are already diving down, Myann about to follow, "You  missed them working with the rocks," she says, "They're taking a swim. Want to follow?"
[18:37] <Gildas> "I'll stay here for now, just in case anything else shows up. I will follow if you all find anything."
[18:38] <@Kotono> With Gildas keeping watch (perception again, Gildas), the party swims down. The bottom is as Feather saw it before: You find it's quite the deep underground lake, the green glow fading as you go deeper. At the bottom is mud with a hint of green to it. There's several fissures that let water in, pouring in and not pouring out, notably. Coming close ot them, you can fee a suction pulling the water
[18:38] <@Kotono> into the lake.
[18:38] <Gildas> roll 1d20+15
[18:38] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+15  and gets 25." [1d20=10]
[18:39] * Feather looks for any fissure large enough to let them pass comfortably, and then tries to swim through it.
[18:39] <@Kotono> Still no shocker lizards, thankfully.
[18:39] <@Kotono> OOC: Swim check.
[18:39] <Feather> roll 1d20+10
[18:39] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+10 and gets 16." [1d20=6]
[18:40] <@Kotono> Fighting against the current goes nowhere. The sunction into the lake is strong and steady. Feather tries but is sent careening back in the water, shot back with surprising force.
[18:40] * @John just follows after Feather, swimming along and looking about.
[18:40] <@Kotono> OOC: Perception, John.
[18:40] * Feather tries to look for any other fissures that might let them pass.
[18:41] <@Kotono> OOC: Perception as well, Feather.
[18:41] <Feather> roll 1d20+12
[18:41] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+12 and gets 16." [1d20=4]
[18:42] <@John> roll 1d20+14
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+14 and gets 26." [1d20=12]
[18:45] <@Kotono> Feather doesn't find a fissure that looks any more promising as the first one. However, John does notice one thing as he swims around. It's subtle, but there's a small area of mud that looks greener than the rest of it. Maybe a 5ft circle of it or so, perhaps a bit smaller.
[18:47] * @John waves to Feather to get his attention and swims over to the green circle, swimming down to try and touch it.
[18:47] * Feather swims over to help!
[18:49] <@Kotono> Myann follows. It feels like mud to his touch, at least on the surface.
[18:50] <@John> Having done that he straightens up in the water and shrugs expressively at Feather.
[18:52] * Feather tries to clear up the mud to get a better look, before casting Detect Magic.
[18:52] <@Kotono> The mud is cleared away. Beneath it lies a small thing, no bigger than an apple. It is a gemstone, perhaps an emerald - or perhaps something else, for it glows with the green of the rocks. Freed of the mud, it is a bright and vibrant green. It does not blink like that of the stones. OOC: Spellcraft.
[18:53] <Feather> roll 1d20+14
[18:53] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 and gets 29." [1d20=15]
[18:55] <@Kotono> OOC: Loot.
[18:56] * Feather gives John a thumbs up and then swims up.
[18:56] <@Kotono> OOC: To be clear here, are you taking the gemstone or leaving it?
[18:56] <Feather> OOC: Taking it
[18:56] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[18:57] * @John follows after Feather.
[18:57] <@Kotono> Myann swims back up as well, swimming back to the shore and Gildas. "What's the gemstone?" she asks.
[18:58] <Feather> "It's been down there for ages, and now it can heal people!" Feather exclaims, before pressing it against Myann's skin. "Like this!"
[18:59] <Gildas> "So there's no way down, then, hm?" He calls out.
[18:59] <@John> "Uh, no it's all mud."
[19:00] <Feather> "I did find a way down, but it's really hard to go there," Feather admits. "Maybe if I get better at swimming, one day?"
[19:01] <@John> "Or if you carry a big rock?" John suggests, having seen Feather struggling against the current.
[19:01] <@Kotono> OOC: Are you breaking it or just pressing it? Since it's a power I need to be clear here.
[19:01] <Feather> OOC: Just pressing to demonstrate the healing power
[19:01] <Gildas> "I could try and freeze the water around it, if you'd like." He offers.
[19:02] <@Kotono> OOC:
[19:02] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, noted.
[19:02] <@Kotono> "You'd need to be able to fight that current," Myann says, "It's fierce...aaah. That is healing magic," she smiles.
[19:03] <Feather> "Well, it's going really fast through this tight space. If you freeze it, then there'd be ice... yeah. Maybe if there's some magic to swim through ice? Or make the water calmer?"
[19:03] <Gildas> He looks thoughtful for a moment.
[19:04] <Feather> "Oh. And we can break the stone and it'll probably be like that thing Johann had except for one person. Feels kinda silly, since healing people is a good thing to have?"
[19:04] <Gildas> He nods. "Yes, actually. I think I could do that."
[19:05] <Feather> "Today?"
[19:06] <Gildas> OOC: http://dndtools.eu/spells/stormwrack--87/control-currents--3358/ Could I use this to stop the current of water?
[19:08] <@Kotono> OOC: I don't see why not.
[19:09] <Gildas> OOC: All right.
[19:09] <Gildas> He nods. "I believe so. Give me some time and I will try."
[19:09] <Feather> "Sure thing!"
[19:10] <@Kotono> OOC: Going to do it now?
[19:11] <Gildas> OOC: If I can, yes.
[19:12] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, we'll pause there. This is interesting and a great hook for next time, but we're going past short session territory here if y'all get explory down there. We'll start there next week.

Ebiris

[18:09] <@Kokokokokokoko> Gildas casts control currents. Around him the currents still, under his control in a large radius. OOC: Goa head and note what direction you're having the current flow now.
[18:13] <Gildas> Gildas will control the currents to just move away from the hole that they had indicated and towards the outer edges of the water!
[18:13] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Basically to stop the current around the hole so you could go in, then?
[18:14] <Gildas> OOC: Correct
[18:14] <@Kokokokokokoko> The currents still around the hole. Gravity is ignored in both directions as magic takes hold. The way ahead is open, if the party wishes to go down.
[18:15] * Feather swims down!
[18:15] * @John is right after him!
[18:17] <@Kokokokokokoko> Myann follows!
[18:19] <Gildas> Gildas waits for a moment before following the others. He'll figure a way to get back out later.
[18:19] <@Kokokokokokoko> The party swims down. It's a long and deep burrow hole, plunging down. The party makes slow but steady progress going down. After several minutes of slowly swimming down, you come to the bottom of the passage. It hooks to the right at a 90 degree angle, going deeper down.
[18:20] * Feather keeps on following it.
[18:20] <@Kokokokokokoko> Myann's face shows a moment of puzzlement, but she swims alongside Feather.
[18:22] <@Kokokokokokoko> Ahead you go right for a time, before you can see light ahead. Odd, pale purple light.  The river looks like it empties out into something ahead.
[18:23] * Feather keeps on following it.
[18:25] <Gildas> Gildas just follows the others. How fascinating.
[18:26] <@Kokokokokokoko> The party follows it. The current is unnaturally still, only magic preventing you from being swept out. From the edge you can seet his is a magnificent waterfall - or should be, as it's stopped under the influence of Gildas's magic. It opens out into an absolutely massive underground lake, stretching out ahead and to the sides farther than you can see. Occasional rockcrag islands are scattered
[18:26] <@Kokokokokokoko> about. On them you can see shocker lizards, all lying about indolently. They all look aslumber, perhaps.
[18:27] <@Kokokokokokoko> The glow comes from the water itself - which glows a steady, pale purple in the lake. It illuminates everything in a purplish cast, bringing to mind the odd cast of th enight sky under a snowstorm.
[18:28] * Feather cheers quietly to himself. So there was another lake underneath the first two!
[18:28] * @John figures it best to steer clear of those islands, but he's not sure where to go from here. "Any ideas what we're looking for?" he asks.
[18:31] * Feather takes a look around with Detect Magic.
[18:32] <Gildas> Gildas follows suit as Feather, just in case.
[18:35] <@Kokokokokokoko> The area radiates strong magic all over! OOC: Spellcraft, both of you.
[18:35] <Feather> roll 1d2-+14
[18:35] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d2-+14 and gets -12." [1d2=2]
[18:35] <Feather> roll 1d20+14
[18:35] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 and gets 20." [1d20=6]
[18:35] <@Kokokokokokoko> Myann peers down as well, eyes going wide as she takes in the vista.
[18:36] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[18:36] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+13 and gets 30." [1d20=17]
[18:38] <@Kokokokokokoko> Feather can tell the water is contaminated with powerful magic runoff. It's likely from a ley line, a potent loadstone or some other source of natural magic. Gildas can tell that, and in addition, he can tell the water's highly receptive to being enchanted or enhanced. Mix this water with life energy, like from those green stones, and bam. Healing spring. Untreated, this purple water fills the
[18:38] <@Kokokokokokoko> mind with magic, shutting down many higher functions in favor of sleep and absorbing more of the water.
[18:39] * Feather has his five usual vials with him, and he takes the chance to fill them up with disgustingly purple yet apparently very potent magical water.
[18:40] <Gildas> He nods to himself. "We should get out of this as soon as we can." He remarks to the others. He waves over to the shocker lizards. "Lest we want to end up like them."
[18:41] <@John> "Turn back or look for shore then?" John asks.
[18:41] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Note those on your sheet, FEather.
[18:42] <Feather> "Works for me!" Feather agrees. At John's question, he takes another look around. "See any shore that's not a rocky island with lizards?"
[18:42] <@Kokokokokokoko> "One of us could explore in bird form," Myann suggests, "But I'm not terribly keen on swimming in more of that water."
[18:42] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Perception check if anyone is looking for that.
[18:42] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Sec.
[18:42] <Feather> roll 1d2-+12
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d2-+12 and gets -10." [1d2=2]
[18:42] <Feather> roll 1d20+12 come on
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+12 come on and gets 26." [1d20=14]
[18:42] <Gildas> roll 1d20+15
[18:42] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+15  and gets 32." [1d20=17]
[18:45] <@Kokokokokokoko> No sign of one, but it does stretch farther than you can see. The islands within easy sight all have slumbering lizards on them.
[18:45] <Feather> "Say, Gildas, how long does this spell of yours last? And got another one left?"
[18:47] <Gildas> OOC: It's 10min/level, about how long has it been so far?
[18:49] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Perhaps 10 minute.s
[18:49] <Gildas> OOC: OK
[18:49] <Gildas> He looks thoughtful for a moment. "I should be able to hold it for a while yet. I could probably recast it later if we need to."
[18:50] <Feather> "Let's take a look around, then," Feather suggests, making his way to the nearest land.
[18:51] <Gildas> "For what it's worth, I don't think those lizards are going to wake up unless we kick them or something." He says as he follows after Feater.
[18:51] <Gildas> OOC: *Feather
[18:51] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Going down then?
[18:52] <Feather> OOC: I want to. Any objections?
[18:52] <Gildas> OOC: None here.
[18:53] <@John> OOC: aside from confusion as to what 'down' means, no.
[18:57] <@John> "So how does the water get up here from there anyway?" John asks in confusion.
[18:57] <Feather> "No idea. Maybe we'll figure it out down below?"
[18:57] <@Kokokokokokoko> "Magic?" Myann ventures before she transforms into a mushroom hawk.
[18:59] <@John> "Suppose so," John acknowledges the futility of questioning magic, swimming over to find a good spot he can dive down from without bashing his head off a rock.
[19:00] <Gildas> Gildas nods. "I'm sure we can get back up." He says and then shapeshifts himself into his eagle form.
[19:00] * Feather swims down!
[19:02] <@Kokokokokokoko> Getting down is rather easy. The water takes landings well and the party is soon down. Feather and John find the purple waters are soothingly warm down here. Like a warm bath after a hard day's work. OOC: Going ahead or to tone of the sides? What exactly are you doing here?
[19:03] * Feather swiftly swims to the nearest of the rocky islands he had seen earlier.
[19:04] * @John follows after Feather, waiting until either Gildas or Myann report finding a shoreline somewhere.
[19:06] <Gildas> Gildas takes a look around to see if there are any other islands that don't have lizards all over them or a shoreline.
[19:08] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Any particular direction?
[19:09] <Gildas> OOC: Straight away from the waterfall, if that makes sense.
[19:10] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Sure thing.
[19:12] <@Kokokokokokoko> The rocky island John and Feather go to is unremarkable. The lizards on it don't even stir, snoozing away. Meanwhile Myann and Gildas fly ahead. A few minutes of flying shows something ahead - a shore. Here the lake ends, a deep but narrow shore jutting out. Sitting at the edge of the shore is a large stone building - it looks like a much larger version of the island shrine you found in your
[19:12] <@Kokokokokokoko> trip to fight the Emperor. It is also unruined and in good shape. Past it you see a single cave passage in the far wall, leading into the earth.
[19:13] * Feather gets out of the water, going so far as to shake it off his clothing, before asking John, "Feeling sleepy?"
[19:15] <Gildas> Gildas bird nods at the shrine and then to Myann and circles back to head back towards the others.
[19:16] <@John> "Not really. Just relaxed, y'know?" John replies.
[19:17] <Feather> "Yeah, me too. Kinda nice, innit? Just... purple."
[19:17] <@Kokokokokokoko> Soon enough Myann and Gildas return. Myann lands on the island and transforms, taking a moment to avoid stepping on any lizards, "We found something," she announces.
[19:18] <Feather> "What's that?
[19:18] <Feather> "
[19:18] <@John> "Anything good?"
[19:18] <Gildas> He shapeshifts back as well. "A shrine, like the other one we found on the way to the Emperor... but this one is in much better condition."
[19:19] <Gildas> "It might clue us in into how the water got like this."
[19:19] <Feather> "Or how it flies up the waterfall? Sounds great. Lead the way?"
[19:21] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Going along then?
[19:21] <@John> OOC: yes
[19:21] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d100+15
[19:21] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d100+15 and gets 83." [1d100=68]
[19:22] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+13
[19:22] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+13 and gets 14." [1d20=1]
[19:30] <@Kokokokokokoko> The party travels to the shore without incident. The shrine is before you is quite large - much larger than the old island shrine before. This one doesn't have collasped columns or anything like that - it looks a little worn but wholly intact. The back faces the shoreline, no backdoor visible. You'd have to go around to check the front.
[19:31] <Gildas> "Shall we?" He looks to the others. He also gestures in the direction of the cave. "There's another way over there, once we're done here."
[19:31] <Feather> "So you figure there's kobolds further down there?" Feather asks. "Or they'd be higher up?"
[19:33] <@John> "I guess if there's caves then there's kobolds, so long as they're connected," John shrugs.
[19:34] <@Kokokokokokoko> "Eventually," Myann remarks, a shrug following. OOC: Going around?
[19:34] <Gildas> OOC: Yessir
[19:34] <@Kokokokokokoko> Heading over around, you see the front has a classical door within. It is closed, a slab of stone slightly off color with the rest. Words are carved into the door.
[19:36] <@John> What do they say?!
[19:36] <Gildas> Gildas goes up to read them, expecting them to be in Sylvan.
[19:41] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Languages, y'all?
[19:42] <Feather> OOC: Human, elven, sylvan
[19:42] <@John> OOC: common, sylvan
[19:42] <Gildas> OOC: common orcish elven sylvan druidic
[19:45] <@Kokokokokokoko> There are several sets. The first is in common, which reads, 'Treasure lies ahead, but beware the guardians.' A second set in elven says the same thing, more or less. The third and fourth line is gibberish to all, but the fifth says the same thing in orcish. A few more lines of gibberish, then the last is in Sylvan. 'Great entertainment lies ahead, but only worth the unwary and worthy. Choose
[19:45] <@Kokokokokokoko> the players on the stage with great wisdom, for at the end is a great pratfall.'
[19:47] <Feather> "So, enough entertainment to last a month, you think?" Feather asks Myann.
[19:47] <Gildas> He glances to the others. "I don't mind going inside, but..."
[19:47] <@John> "Treasure sounds good to me!" John says. That's what he signed up for when he became an adventurer!
[19:50] <@Kokokokokokoko> Myann shrugs, "It's a Sidhe's playground, it sounds like to me. Perhaps..." A frown come sto her face, "The Sidhe Scholar. He mentioned a shrine with guardians that we never tracked down."
[19:53] <Feather> "Mentioned a lot of things, that fool did. Sounds like everyone's for trying, though, so let's get to it."
[19:54] <Gildas> He blinks... then nods emphatically. "We've faced greater challenges."
[19:55] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Opening the door then?
[19:55] <@John> OOC: yes!
[19:56] <@Kokokokokokoko> The door is heavy and appears jammed. It looks like some force or guile may be in order.
[19:56] <Feather> "Myann, choose the four of us?" Feather suggests.
[20:00] <@Kokokokokokoko> "I beg your pardon?" Myann stares at Feather. "But say what now?"
[20:00] <Feather> "Maybe it's a magic door that's waiting for you to choose, uh, the players?"
[20:01] <@Kokokokokokoko> This gets Myann to blink, "How would I...oh, alright." With a shrug she speaks in Sylvan, "I choose the four of us," she gestures, "For entertainment."
[20:01] * Feather waits patiently for a short while, since a few words don't cost them anything.
[20:02] <@Kokokokokokoko> Nothing visible happens.
[20:02] * Feather shrugs himself. "Was worth a try. So what now, we all push it open?"
[20:02] * @John gives the door a proper shove since nothing else seems to be working.
[20:03] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: STr check.
[20:05] <@John> roll 1d20+5
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+5 and gets 10." [1d20=5]
[20:05] * Feather helps out!
[20:06] <Feather> roll 1d20+3
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+3 and gets 5." [1d20=2]
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> The door shudders and pops open! But you nary have a chance to glance inside, as all around you they rise. From the stone six stony figures arise. Each is humanoid sized and 10fta way from the party, surrounding the party in a half-circle. They bear no weapon save stony fists, starting to lumber fotwards the party! OOC: Init. The guardians begini. Good luck!
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+2 Myann
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+2 Myann and gets 16." [1d20=14]
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20 G1
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20 G2
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20 G1 and gets 14." [1d20=14]
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20 G2 and gets 16." [1d20=16]
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20 G3
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20 G3 and gets 11." [1d20=11]
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20 G4
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20 G4 and gets 1." [1d20=1]
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20 G5
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20 G5 and gets 18." [1d20=18]
[20:06] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20 G6
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20 G6 and gets 10." [1d20=10]
[20:06] <@John> roll 1d20+3
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+3 and gets 5." [1d20=2]
[20:06] <Gildas> roll 1d20+3
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+3 and gets 16." [1d20=13]
[20:06] <Feather> roll 1d20+8
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+8 and gets 25." [1d20=17]
[20:07] * Kokokokokokoko changes topic to 'G5(18)>Myann=G2(16)>G1(14)>G3(11)>G6(10)>G4(1)'
[20:07] * Kokokokokokoko changes topic to 'Feather(25)>G5(18)>Myann=G2=Gildas(16)>G1(14)>G3(11)>G6(10)>John(5)>G4(1)'
[20:07] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Open FEather.
[20:08] * Feather tries to break a hole in the semicircle, leaping towards the guardian he is facing to slash it and then retreating back to cover Myann!
[20:09] <Feather> roll 1d20+13 oak feller
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+13 oak feller and gets 31." [1d20=18]
[20:09] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: Big old hitties.
[20:10] <Feather> roll 1d6+4+2d12+1d6+1d6 last are cold and elec
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d6+4+2d12+1d6+1d6 last are cold and elec and gets 28." [1d6=2][2d12=3, 8][1d6=6][1d6=5]
[20:10] * Kokokokokokoko changes topic to 'Feather(25)>G5(18)>Myann=G2=Gildas(16)>G1(14)>G6(10)>John(5)>G4(1)'
[20:10] <@Kokokokokokoko> In one fell swoop, the stony guardian is cut in half by oak feller! It falls into two pieces, going still at such a sudden and decisive finish! Meanwhile the fifth one lumbers forward, taking an exaggerated swing at Gildas!
[20:10] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+5 AC?
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+5 AC? and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[20:11] <Gildas> OOC: 20
[20:11] <@Kokokokokokoko> But Gildas bats it away with a swipe of his hand, parrying the blow without any apparent difficulty. OOC: Myann, G2 and Gildas. Go Gildas.
[20:11] <@Kokokokokokoko> Myann draws her blade and steps forward, "Quickly now, before they try and overwhelm us," she says, laying into the second golem, who in turn lays into her.
[20:11] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+5 vs Myann first of all
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+5 vs Myann first of all and gets 25." [1d20=20]
[20:11] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+5 vs Myann first of all ow
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+5 vs Myann first of all ow and gets 14." [1d20=9]
[20:12] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d6+3 and Will
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d6+3 and Will and gets 8." [1d6=5]
[20:12] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+8 (+3 vs enchantment)
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+8 (+3 vs enchantment) and gets 28." [1d20=20]
[20:13] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+12
[20:13] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+7
[20:13] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+12 and gets 18." [1d20=6]
[20:13] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+7 and gets 24." [1d20=17]
[20:13] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d8+6+1d8+6
[20:13] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d8+6+1d8+6 and gets 25." [1d8=8][1d8=5]
[20:13] * Kokokokokokoko changes topic to 'Feather(25)>Myann=G2=Gildas(16)>G1(14)>G6(10)>John(5)>G4(1)'
[20:13] <Gildas> Gildas takes a breath and shapeshifts into his predator form... wait, no! It's a much larger, much more fierce Dire Bear! He moves forward and strikes out at the sixth of the statues with his paws!
[20:13] <@Kokokokokokoko> The second golem is cut twice, severed down the middle and falling apart. As this happens...OOC: Make your attacks, Gildas.
[20:14] <Gildas> roll 1d20+17
[20:14] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+17 and gets 34." [1d20=17]
[20:14] <Gildas> roll 1d20+17
[20:14] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+17 and gets 21." [1d20=4]
[20:14] <Gildas> roll 1d20+12
[20:14] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+12 and gets 24." [1d20=12]
[20:16] <@Kokokokokokoko> OOC: All hit. Bring on the pain.
[20:17] <Gildas> roll 3#2d8+13+1d6+1d6 first is fire, second is cold
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 3#2d8+13+1d6+1d6 first is fire, second is cold and gets 85." [3#2d8+13+1d6+1d6 = 29, 33, 23]
[20:17] * Kokokokokokoko changes topic to 'Feather(25)>Myann=G2=Gildas(16)>G1(14)>John(5)>G4(1)'
[20:17] <@Kokokokokokoko> The hapless golem can do nothing as a huge dire bear charges him! Gildas picks up the statue and tears it apart like a sheet of paper, stone raining about! OOC: Ow. G1 is up.
[20:17] <@Kokokokokokoko> The first golem advances, taking a swing at John!
[20:17] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+5 AC?
[20:18] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+5 AC? and gets 13." [1d20=8]
[20:18] <@Kokokokokokoko> But John's too fast, sidestepping the blow out of pure instinct. OOC: Okay, go John.
[20:20] * @John retaliates with a flurry of strikes against his foe!
[20:20] <@John> roll 1d20+13
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+13 and gets 23." [1d20=10]
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+13 and gets 33." [1d20=20]
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+13 and gets 32." [1d20=19]
[20:20] <@John> roll 1d20+8
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+8 and gets 25." [1d20=17]
[20:20] <@John> roll 1d20+8
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+8 and gets 28." [1d20=20]
[20:20] <@John> roll 5#1d6+7
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 5#1d6+7 and gets 53." [5#1d6+7 = 11, 8, 12, 9, 13]
[20:20] * Kokokokokokoko changes topic to 'Feather(25)>Myann=G2=Gildas(16)>John(5)>G4(1)'
[20:21] <@Kokokokokokoko> WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! The statue is reduced to naught but rubble, pounded down! Each time more stone is knocked free, like an overstuffed pinata! As this happens, the fourth golem lurches towards Feather with a mighty punch!
[20:21] <@Kokokokokokoko> roll 1d20+5
[20:21] * Hatbot --> "Kokokokokokoko rolls 1d20+5 and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[20:21] <@Kokokokokokoko> But Feather parries it with his blade, averting it aside! OOC: Go Feather.
[20:22] <Feather> Finding himself in the vicinity of both remaining golems, Feather lashes out at them with his blades!
[20:22] <Feather> roll 1d20+11 oak feller vs G2
[20:22] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+11 oak feller vs G2 and gets 24." [1d20=13]
[20:22] <Feather> roll 1d20+6 oak feller vs G4
[20:22] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+6 oak feller vs G4 and gets 17." [1d20=11]
[20:23] <Feather> roll 1d20+11 secondary vs whichever remains
[20:23] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+11 secondary vs whichever remains and gets 28." [1d20=17]
[20:23] <Feather> roll 1d6+4+2d12 G2
[20:23] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d6+4+2d12 G2 and gets 20." [1d6=4][2d12=4, 8]
[20:24] <Feather> roll 1d6+4+2d12 G4?
[20:24] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d6+4+2d12 G4? and gets 27." [1d6=2][2d12=9, 12]
[20:24] <Feather> roll 1d6+3+1d6 last is fire
[20:24] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d6+3+1d6 last is fire and gets 10." [1d6=3][1d6=4]
[20:26] <@Kokokokokokoko> In a flurry of slashes, Feather leaps between the last two golems! They're cut apart like butter before the knife, fragments flying as he takes them down! OOC: Free act and pause here.

Ebiris

[17:59] <@Kotono> Around you lie broken men of stone. The battle is over, only Myann sporting a bruise where a fist slammed into her shoulder. The way ahead is otherwise open. The shrine has a small antechamber ahead, with another door leading further within. Glancing in, you can see that a stone box sits against the left wall as well.
[18:00] <@Kotono> Myann rubs her shoulder with her free hand, "Mmm. I expected more from stone, but they died as easily as creatures of flesh."
[18:00] <Gildas> The dire bear returns to his human form as he steps over to the stone box. "I wonder if this has some relationship to what we just faced?"
[18:01] <@John> "Probably gets tougher as we go in," John guesses, going over to open the next door.
[18:01] <@Kotono> The stone box has no top. Within you can see a scattering of coins, a few bits of jewelry and a silver dagger sitting atop all of it. OOC: Loot post.
[18:02] <Gildas> He decides to check it for magic, just in case!
[18:03] <@Kotono> The door ahead opens up.  Ahead is a slightly larger room with two doors ahead, slightly apart. The door on the left is blue and the door on the right is red. Just ahead and in between them sits a large, clear quartz crystal.
[18:03] <@Kotono> There's no magic on the lot.
[18:03] * @John wanders in and experimentally taps the crystal.
[18:04] <Gildas> He nods to himself and then moves to follow the others.
[18:04] <Gildas> "We may want to pick up some of that later." He gestures towards the box. "Might be something valuable."
[18:05] <@Kotono> The crystal is tapped. John feels his hand tingle after the touch. A momentary fatigue hits him, but the crystal begins to glow with red and blue bands of light. The sound of two doors unlocking follows moments later. OOC: 1 PP drained.
[18:05] <Gildas> He blinks. "What did you do?"
[18:05] <@John> "Ahh!" John jerks his hand back as if stung. "It took some of me magic!" he points accusingly with his other hand at the crystal.
[18:06] <Gildas> He tilts his head. "Curious..." He looks back to the other two doors. "Should we investigate them for now and come back to this later?"
[18:06] <@Kotono> "The crystal absorbed it?" Myann peers at it, "But it seems to have worked."
[18:08] <@John> "I'm not touching it again!" John says resolutely, letting others decide which door to go through.
[18:09] <Gildas> He starts for the blue door. "Let us try this one."
[18:09] <@Kotono> Myann draws her crystal sword, "Those mindants like crystal, too," she observes, kneeling next to the crystal and studying it. "Best to keep that in mind."
[18:09] <Feather> "I like blue, yeah."
[18:10] <@Kotono> The blue door on the left is opened. Within is a small room with stairs going down. Hanging on the wall from a hook is a small cloth pouch, just by the stairs.
[18:12] <Gildas> "I have a feeling these are the rewards for passing each... trial, if you will." He gestures to the cloth pouch.
[18:13] <@John> "Suppose that was an easy trial, wasn't it?" John mutters.
[18:13] <@Kotono> "This feels completely artificial," Myann confesses, "But I won't complain about being rewarded each time. Still..." Trailing off as she walks towards the pouch, "Remember what the message in Sylvan said. This may well be setting up for a Sidhe prank at the end, one I fear may be paid in blood."
[18:15] <Gildas> "Should we leave it, then? And just get them on the way out?" He asks.
[18:15] <@John> "Maybe it'll be useful further on," John says, grabbing the pouch and looking inside.
[18:16] <@Kotono> Myann peeks into the bag, "Gemstones," she says, just as John grabs it. Indeed, there's gemstones within - small little things, but they look pretty. OOC: Loot.
[18:17] * @John stuffs them in his backpack for now and heads down the stairs.
[18:18] <Gildas> "Can you tell if they're real?" He looks to Myann. "I suppose it could be like you said... fake treasures."
[18:18] * @John takes them back out so Myann can check that.
[18:19] <@Kotono> "I could, but it would take time," she shrugs, "I don't mind if you all want to wait." Going down, the party sees the floor drops off into a chasm. Attached to the end of the floor is a 20ft by 20ft square with a clear quartz crystal sitting in the middle. The chasm is 30ft long and 40ft wide, with the walls being unremarkable. At the other end of the chasm is more floor and a door leading
[18:19] <@Kotono> further in.
[18:21] <@John> "I suppose if someone feeds a spell to the crystal it'll make a bridge?" John guesses, hoping someone will volunteer.
[18:21] <@Kotono> Myann goes to sit at the bottom stair, examining the gems in the meantime. OOC: She'll take 10, it'll just take her a bit.
[18:21] <Gildas> "...Ah, I think I understand now." He says as he looks at the quartz. "I think they will take another portion of our power in order..." He looks to John and nods. "As you surmise."
[18:21] <@Kotono> "I can if you want," Myann says, focusing on the gemstones.
[18:22] <Gildas> "Take your time with those, first." He says with a nod.
[18:22] <Feather> "How about avoiding this one ourselves to see what happens if we don't?" Feather suggests. "Gildas, wanna fly across with an end of my rope?"
[18:23] <Gildas> He nods to Feather. "I can try."
[18:24] <@Kotono> Gildas gets the rope and flies over! Nothing awry happens by the time he lands on the other side.
[18:25] <Gildas> He looks around for something to actually tie it to.
[18:25] <@Kotono> There's not much of anything like that, unfortunately.
[18:26] <@Kotono> "Oh, is this almandine?" Myann murmurs as she peers at a bright red gem. "Pretty."
[18:27] <@John> "'Sat good?"
[18:27] <Feather> "Wanna hold it?" Feather asks, doing the same for his end. "We get John across, then I'll go while you and Myann hold this end?"
[18:28] <@Kotono> "It's not bad," Myann says, "There's also a wulfenite, but that's easy to identify with the orange color," She looks up, "A natrolite, an agate, some white oynx too." She closes the bag and passes it back to John, "Also a bit of red quartz. Don't sell that almandine, I want that one for myself." OOC: Loot updated.
[18:29] <@John> "Uh, you two sure you can manage my weight like that?" John asks nervously, taking the bag back. "Hey I'm just holding it, we'll split it like usual when we're done, right?"
[18:29] <Gildas> He ties the rope around himself and then shapeshifts into his Dire Bear form in order to better weight his side.
[18:29] <@Kotono> "Hold on," Myann says, "Let me fly over and help brace, too." She doe sjust that, transforming and flying right over.
[18:31] <Feather> "I'll manage," Feather insists, tying it around his waist and grabbing on with both hands.
[18:31] <@Kotono> OOC: Going to swing'n'climb over?
[18:31] <@John> Waiting until both ends are securely held, John takes hold of the rope with some trepidation, hooking his legs up over it and hanging upside down over the chasm before shimmying along it towards the other end.
[18:31] <Feather> OOC: With complicated flying mechanics I'm sure we can manage to get across!
[18:33] <@Kotono> With some pulling, flying and tugging, soon the other two are safely across as well! OOC: Carry on. The checks were auto-pass with y'all between rope and ranks.
[18:34] <Feather> "Let's go?"
[18:34] <Gildas> He nods. "Let us not forget the red door for later."
[18:34] * @John isn't looking forward to crossing that chasm again!
[18:35] <@Kotono> The door ahead is opened! It's a small, square room. Sitting in the middle of the room is a stone treasure chest. Past it is another door leading further on.
[18:36] <Gildas> Gildas returns the rope to Feather after shapeshifting back. "Surely, this isn't -that- easy...?"
[18:37] <@Kotono> "It can't be." Myann shakes her head, "But maybe...maybe after fighting dragons, the dead and worse, a mere trap filled dungeon is hardly a threat at all?" There's a note of hope in her voice. "Or it's horribly trapped."
[18:37] * Feather shrugs. "Maybe each time a crystal drains you of magic, it all goes to power some horrible golem at the end?"
[18:37] <@John> "Good idea!" John says, nodding, "That sounds like just the sort of thing an evil wizard would do."
[18:38] * Feather rubs his chin. "Maybe I could become an evil wizard when I'm old?"
[18:38] <Gildas> "Perhaps." He nods. "Should we ignore it...? Or risk it?"
[18:39] <@Kotono> A shrug follows, "None of us are skilled at trap removal, are we? I've heard of canny thieves that excel at it, but...."
[18:39] <Gildas> "Can you really trap a chest made of stone, though?" He wonders.
[18:40] <@John> "Just open it, the rest have been fine," John says, flipping the chest open.
[18:40] <@Kotono> "If a Sidhe did it, yes," Myann says without hesitation. "If that scholar did it, I'd believe it too."
[18:41] <@Kotono> The chest is opened! Within is a pile of coins and a single, purple potion within. OOC: Loot.
[18:43] <@John> "Anyone good at identifying potions?" John asks.
[18:44] <@Kotono> "More coins," Myann kneels down and picks up a handful of them. She lets them rain back down, "Only if it's a potion about mushrooms."
[18:45] <Gildas> He shakes his head. "Alchemy was never a strong suit of mine. We may as well take it and leave the coins, though."
[18:45] <@Kotono> "Oh, and speaking of," Myann speaks up, "Somewhere upstairs there's some puffcloud mushrooms. Very poisonious, but I'm already asking them not to pop when they see us."
[18:46] <@John> "Ah well, may as well bring it along?" John asks, already moving to shove it all into the cloth bag to keep everything together.
[18:46] * Feather shakes off his dreams of retirement from adventuring, and takes a glance at the potion.
[18:46] <Feather> roll 1d20+14 spellcraft
[18:46] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 spellcraft and gets 23." [1d20=9]
[18:47] <@Kotono> Feather can't quite figure out the potion.
[18:48] <Feather> Maybe it's just magical purple water. Putting it out of his mind, he follows John onwards.
[18:49] <@Kotono> Ahead is a large room. To the left and right are short stairways leading to raised platforms. On the left-side one is a blue cloth covering the floor with a crystal in the center. The opposite is the same, save for red cloth covering it. Past it a dead end with two doors, the one on the left blue and the one on the right red.
[18:49] <@John> "So... we gonna charge up that golem or see if we can open the doors without?"
[18:49] <@Kotono> "By the way," Myann murmurs, "Please don't become an evil, old wizard."
[18:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Gah.
[18:49] <@Kotono> "By the way," Myann murmurs, "Please don't become an evil, old wizard." She slides up to Feather, keeping it quiet and between the two of them.
[18:50] <Gildas> He rubs his chin. "I think we have to go with their plan this time."
[18:51] <Feather> "Eccentric?" he whispers back.
[18:52] <@Kotono> That draws a faint smile out, "I don't suppose we can help that part," she murmurs to him. "With all we have to do in our lives."
[18:52] <Gildas> He starts up the stairs to the red side.
[18:54] <@Kotono> The stairs are climbed without incident. The crystal there awaits.
[18:54] <Gildas> "Who wants to take care of the other side?" He moves up to the crystal and turns to the others.
[18:55] <Feather> "Other side?"
[18:55] <@Kotono> "I will," Myann speaks up, "I can spare a few spells at worst." She glances at Feather, "The blue side," she say sgently, looking right towards it.
[18:56] <Feather> "Why are we opening both?"
[18:56] <@John> "Seems a bit pointless," John agrees.
[18:56] <@Kotono> "Why not?" Myann asks back, "We're exploring here, aren't we?"
[18:57] <Feather> "I guess. But let's explore one way first and then get back if we need to?"
[18:57] <Gildas> "That's fine. Would you care to stick with the blue side, then?" He calls over to them.
[18:57] <Feather> "Yeah, sounds right for me."
[18:58] <Gildas> He nods and starts for that side, unless Myann decides to do it first.
[18:58] <@Kotono> OOC: Going over to the blue side and touching the crystal, then?
[18:59] <Gildas> OOC: Yes.
[18:59] <@Kotono> On touching it, Gildas feels his hand tingle. It stings a little but nothing more. The crystal turns as blue as the cloth under it and there's the loud sound of a door unlocking ahead. Sounds like it came from the blue door. OOC: You loose one spell from your lowest level available. You can choose which spell is expended.
[18:59] <@Kotono> OOC: Let me know which you choose.
[19:00] <Gildas> OOC: Detect Poison.
[19:00] * Feather hesitantly pushes the door open, trying to overcome his fear.
[19:00] <Gildas> He flexes his hand once and then nods. "Yes, It does seem to absorb our magical energy to power the doors. How interesting."
[19:02] <@Kotono> The blue door on the left is opened! OH GOD THERE ARE MOUTHS THERE AGA-wait no. Ahead is a short stairway down into a small chamber carved out the earth. Standing against the back wall is the statue of a humanoid with a bird's wings and sharp features. On a glance, it reminds you of the raptorians you've seen before. Held in its arms is a treasure chest, cradled close to it. Jutting from it's
[19:02] <@Kotono> left elbow is another clear quartz crystal.
[19:03] <@John> "No more doors?" John wonders, looking around.
[19:04] <@Kotono> There's no other door down there. Besides the statue and chest it looks like a dead end. There's still the red door nearby in the previous room.
[19:04] <Feather> "Maybe a hidden one?"
[19:05] * @John resigns himself and taps the crystal.
[19:05] * Feather checks the chest in the meantime.
[19:06] <@Kotono> John goes down and taps the crystal! He feels a tingle as the statue comes alive! It streches and kneels before you, presenting the treasure chest to you before going still. John feels the familiar tingle. OOC: 1 PP expended.
[19:06] <@Kotono> OOC: Doing anything in particulra there, Feather?
[19:06] * Feather opens the chest.
[19:08] <@Kotono> Within the chest is a pendant. It's already starting to change like flowing, liquid metal. In a moment it is a silver-chained pendant decorated with red and blue crystals. OOC: Loot.
[19:09] <Feather> "Huh. Guess we check the next door now?"
[19:09] <Gildas> He nods. "I'm guessing it's magical in some form. Or will be used here somehow."
[19:10] <Feather> roll 1d20+14 spellcraft
[19:10] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 spellcraft and gets 24." [1d20=10]
[19:11] <@Kotono> The pendant's easy to figure out - easier than it should be. It's synchronizing with John's energy already. It looks to be something that would augment him. The magic is changing and obtaining a finished form as you watch.
[19:11] <Feather> "It... looks like the more you feed the crystals, the more it helps you?" Feather tells John uncertainly.
[19:12] <@John> "So it's like feeding a golem that's on our side, then?" John asks with equal uncertainty.
[19:12] <Feather> "Maybe it goes to the golem and here?"
[19:13] <Gildas> "Perhaps it's based on whomever touched the most crystals." He wonders. "Best not to wear it until we're out of here, though."
[19:14] <@John> "Fair enough," John nods. "So we gonna try the other doors, now?"
[19:14] <Feather> "Yep. Try touching the red crystal here?"
[19:15] <@Kotono> "Who should do it this time?" Myann asks, "I can if you'd like to conserve your energy, John."
[19:16] <Feather> "I reckon this amulet will suit John better if he does it?"
[19:16] <Gildas> "If you do, it will take some of your weakest magic." He nods to Myann.
[19:17] <@John> "Alright, guess I won't need much more spells," John shrugs, going up to touch the crystal.
[19:19] <@Kotono> John goes up and touches the crystal. He again feels that tingle in his hands, followed by the sound of the red door unlocking. OOC: -1 PP again.
[19:19] * Feather looks past the door.
[19:21] <@Kotono> Past the door lies a large room. Just to the left of the door are three crystals, with red, blue and yellow cloth beneath them in that order. A bit past them, sitting alone, is a crystal without any cloth under it at all, but waves of semi-visible energy ripple around it. On the far end is another door.
[19:22] <@John> "Won't have any magic left if I touch all of them," John warns the others.
[19:22] * Feather checks the pendant first, to see if it changed any after John opened the new door.
[19:24] <Gildas> "I have a feeling..." He looks around. "Perhaps Myann, myself and you can each use one?"
[19:25] <@Kotono> Pendant doesn't seem to have changed.
[19:25] <@Kotono> "Worth a shot," Myann says curiously, "I wonder if this is meant to attrit our resources before a serious fight?"
[19:26] <Feather> "Huh. Well, I can try now?" Feather suggests, heading over to touch the yellow-marked crystal and pausing questioningly just before it.
[19:27] <Gildas> He nods. "It will take some of your magic, I would guess." He moves over to the blue crystal himself.
[19:27] * Feather tries touching it.
[19:29] <@Kotono> Myann goes to the red crystal and touches it as well. On touching it, each of the three fills the familiar tingle. Each crystal lights up in a matching color. The fourth crystal begins to shine all three colors before shining white, the door ahead opening. OOC: 1 lowest level spell from each of you. Myann loses a cantrip charge, non specific since no charges. Same for Feather, I believe. Le tme
[19:29] <@Kotono> know which one you sacrifice, Gildas.
[19:30] <Feather> "Say. Myann, Gildas, wanna fly all the way back and try that red door at the front?"
[19:30] <Gildas> OOC: Mending.
[19:30] <Gildas> He nods. "We can."
[19:32] <Feather> "It's already opened, so...."
[19:33] <@Kotono> "Before we go on here, you mean?" Myann says, "Well...it'll be a bit of a pain to go across the chasm again and back, but why not?"
[19:33] <Gildas> "He means for the two of us to just fly back." He says as he shapeshifts into his eagle form and starts back the way they came.
[19:33] <Feather> "No if you two are flying! Me and John could look past this door in the meantime or just wait, I dunno."
[19:34] <@John> "May as well wait. Could be something dangerous, right?"
[19:35] <@Kotono> OOC: Y'all wanna split-path this then? Just to be clear?
[19:36] <Feather> OOC: We can wait till they take a look?
[19:39] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay. Lemme move Gildas and Myann into #evil and have them deal with that first.
[19:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Are you two going to keep waiting or go ahead while they're doing the upstairs thing?
[19:50] <@John> OOC: waiting
[19:54] <@Kotono> As John and Feather wait...OOC: PErception, you two.
[19:54] <@John> roll 1d20+14
[19:54] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+14 and gets 33." [1d20=19]
[19:54] <Feather> roll 1d20+12
[19:54] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+12 and gets 23." [1d20=11]
[19:54] <@Kotono> The two of you can hear a rumbling from the floor. Sounds like something beneath you.
[19:56] <Feather> "Weird," Feather notes. "Wanna wait in the next room, just in case?"
[19:56] <@John> "That something they did?" John wonders. "May as well stay here so they don't think we vanished."
[19:58] <Feather> "Could be," Feather muses, making sure he's not directly above the source of the noise.
[19:59] <@Kotono> As the two talk, suddenly the ground around both of them parts! Two stony figures appear, one behind each of the two heroes! They wind up and start to swing! OOC: Init. You triggered something or they did or something, but there be golems to attack.
[19:59] <Feather> roll 1d20+8
[19:59] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+8 and gets 16." [1d20=8]
[20:00] <@John> roll 1d20+3
[20:00] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+3 and gets 12." [1d20=9]
[20:02] <@Kotono> roll 1d20 John's golem
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 John's golem and gets 3." [1d20=3]
[20:02] <@Kotono> roll 1d20 Feather's golem
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 Feather's golem and gets 3." [1d20=3]
[20:02] * Kotono changes topic to 'Feather(16)>John(12)>Golems(3)'
[20:02] <@Kotono> OOC: Go Feather.
[20:04] * Feather doesn't even intend to let the golem behind him do more than appear.
[20:04] <Feather> roll 1d20+11
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+11 and gets 28." [1d20=17]
[20:04] <Feather> roll 1d20+6
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+6 and gets 8." [1d20=2]
[20:04] <Feather> roll 1d20+11
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+11 and gets 28." [1d20=17]
[20:04] <Feather> roll 1d6+4+1d6+3+2d12
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d6+4+1d6+3+2d12 and gets 23." [1d6=5][1d6=4][2d12=2, 5]
[20:04] * Kotono changes topic to 'Feather(16)>John(12)>Golem(3)'
[20:04] <@Kotono> The golem appears, only to be decapitated a moment later! It falls over, not even able to move an inch before being put to rest! OOC: Ow. John.
[20:05] * @John follows Feather's example by laying into the golem with both ends of his staff!
[20:05] <@John> roll 1d20+13
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+13 and gets 18." [1d20=5]
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+13 and gets 28." [1d20=15]
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+13 and gets 21." [1d20=8]
[20:05] <@John> roll 1d20+8
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+8 and gets 14." [1d20=6]
[20:05] <@John> roll 1d20+8
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+8 and gets 14." [1d20=6]
[20:06] <@Kotono> OOC: Those all hit.
[20:06] <@John> roll 5#1d6+7
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 5#1d6+7 and gets 53." [5#1d6+7 = 8, 12, 9, 12, 12]
[20:06] <@Kotono> John's golem manages to raise its arm up - only for John to knock it clean off with a staff thwack! He follows that up by grabbing the arm and slamming it into the golem's head, pulverizing it in a storm of stone! It hits the far wall in a heap, cracks all over as it falls apart! OOC: Brutalized those poor, innocent golems. Free act
[20:06] <@Kotono> .
[20:07] <Feather> "Huh. Reckon they're trying?"
[20:08] <@John> "Maybe it wants us to keep moving rather than staying in one place?" John guesses. "Probably to keep people resting to get their magic back."
[20:09] <Feather> "Could be. Guess we'll wait here some more and see if it's that?"
[20:09] <@Kotono> OOC: Perception again, you two.
[20:10] <Feather> roll 1d20+12
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+12 and gets 17." [1d20=5]
[20:10] <@John> roll 1d20+14
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+14 and gets 23." [1d20=9]
[20:12] <@Kotono> John can hear more rumbling from below.
[20:13] <@John> "Think there's more coming..." John says, trying to get ready to strike a golem as soon as it emerges. "Think maybe they set something off?"
[20:14] <Feather> "Hope not. No reason to stick around, is there? Could've just flown away towards us."
[20:15] <@Kotono> As they talk, two more emerge! However, the party is anticipating it as they rise up! OOC: Surprise round, you two.
[20:15] <@John> roll 1d20+16
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+16 and gets 22." [1d20=6]
[20:15] <@John> roll 1d6+9+2d6
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d6+9+2d6 and gets 23." [1d6=2][2d6=6, 6]
[20:15] <Feather> roll 1d20+11
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+11 and gets 28." [1d20=17]
[20:15] <Feather> roll 1d20+6
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+6 and gets 26." [1d20=20]
[20:15] <Feather> roll 1d20+11
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+11 and gets 28." [1d20=17]
[20:16] <Feather> roll 2d6+8+4d12+1d6+3+1d6
[20:16] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 2d6+8+4d12+1d6+3+1d6 and gets 53." [2d6=1, 5][4d12=11, 1, 5, 9][1d6=6][1d6=4]
[20:17] <@Kotono> A flurry of blows puts the golems down before they even finish rising, pounding them down into broken rubble! OOC: Ow. Free act.
[20:18] <Feather> After this, Feather can't help himself and peeks beyond the door into the next room.

~

[19:43] <@Kotono> Myann and Gildas return to the first floor and the red door there. On opening it, you find a narrow hallway that connects to another door, this one red. Atop the ceiling, 15ft up, is a crystal. The ceiling it's attached to is painted red.
[19:45] <@Kotono> Myann looks right on up at it, "Cute," she murmurs, "Not that it's any difficulty for us."
[19:45] <Gildas> He blinks and looks up. "Indeed. Do you mind?"
[19:46] <@Kotono> "I'll do it," Myann transforms, flies up and tapsthe crystal with her beak. It glows red and the door ahead unlocks! Once done, she lands. "Should we go back and tell them?" OOC: -1 cantrip charge for her.
[19:46] <Gildas> He shakes his head. "Let's see what's in there. We can always run away if we need to." He smiles.
[19:50] <@Kotono> The door opens. Ahead is a large room, unremarkable in construction. On the side is a stone treasure chest. Ahead are a blue door and a yellow door. In the center of the room are three crystals - one with blue cloth beneath it, one with yellow cloth and one with red cloth.
[19:51] <Gildas> He tilts his head to the side. "Isn't something missing here?"
[19:53] <@Kotono> "A red door?" Myann questions back. "That is rather missing, isn't it?"
[19:55] <Gildas> He nods to her and steps over to the red crystal and reaches out to touch it.
[19:57] <@Kotono> The red crystal is touched! A tingle through Gildas's hand as another spell is siphoned away! But instead of a door opening, there's an ear-splitting screech! OOC: Fort saves, you two. This is a sonic effect in case it matters.
[19:57] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+9 Myann's good at fort
[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+9 Myann's good at fort and gets 18." [1d20=9]
[19:59] <Gildas> roll 1d20+14
[19:59] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+14 and gets 18." [1d20=4]
[19:59] <@Kotono> roll 1d6 sonic damage, halve this
[19:59] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 sonic damage, halve this and gets 6." [1d6=6]
[20:00] <@Kotono> The blast of noise is defeaning! It leaves Gildas's ears ringing as he winces. Recovering from it a moment after, he sees a pair of golems rise up! One is to his side and the other is to Myann's, and they waste no time in attacking! OOC: They get a surprise round on you then init.
[20:00] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Myann gets punched
[20:00] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 Myann gets punched and gets 17." [1d20=12]
[20:00] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Gildas get punched, flatfooted unless you have uncanny
[20:00] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 Gildas get punched, flatfooted unless you have uncanny and gets 6." [1d20=1]
[20:01] <@Kotono> roll 1d6+3 and will
[20:01] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+3 and will and gets 4." [1d6=1]
[20:01] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+3 vs enchantment)
[20:01] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+8 (+3 vs enchantment) and gets 14." [1d20=6]
[20:01] <Gildas> OOC: My flatfooted is 14
[20:01] <Gildas> OOC: ...nooooot that it matters
[20:01] <@Kotono> Myann gets socked in the shoulder, causing her to stumble and wince. She then falls to one knee and keels over, fast asleep! OOC: Not good. Init.
[20:02] <Gildas> roll 1d20+3
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+3 and gets 6." [1d20=3]
[20:02] <@Kotono> roll 1d20
[20:02] <@Kotono> roll 1d20
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 8." [1d20=8]
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 11." [1d20=11]
[20:02] * Kotono changes topic to 'Myann's Golem(11)>Gildas's Golem(8)>Gildas(6)>Myann(zzz)'
[20:03] <@Kotono> With the opportunity in place, the golem slams down twice on Myann's sleeping form!
[20:03] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 (really just 1 checking here)
[20:03] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 (really just 1 checking here) and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[20:03] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 (really just 1 checking here)
[20:03] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 (really just 1 checking here) and gets 21." [1d20=16]
[20:03] <@Kotono> roll 2d6+6
[20:03] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+6 and gets 13." [2d6=3, 4]
[20:04] <@Kotono> Myann is out cold and plummeled, the golem hitting and kicking her! Her lip is busted open, a sound like bones breaking as she takes a kick right in the ribs! OOC: Ow. Your golem is up.
[20:05] <@Kotono> The golem on Gildas winds up and takes a big old swing at him!
[20:05] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 and gets 16." [1d20=11]
[20:05] <@Kotono> OOC: Flatfooted AC?
[20:05] <Gildas> OOC: 14
[20:05] <@Kotono> roll 1d6+3 and Will. This is an enchantment, mind-affecting sleep effect.
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+3 and Will. This is an enchantment, mind-affecting sleep effect. and gets 8." [1d6=5]
[20:06] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+13 and gets 15." [1d20=2]
[20:07] <@Kotono> Gildas feels sleepy...but he manages to just barely throw it off! OOC: Go.
[20:08] <Gildas> He immediately shapeshifts into his Dire Bear form and tries to tear the golem into tiny shreds with his paws!
[20:09] <Gildas> roll 1d20+17
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+17 and gets 31." [1d20=14]
[20:09] <Gildas> roll 1d20+17
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+17 and gets 26." [1d20=9]
[20:09] <Gildas> roll 1d20+12
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+12 and gets 21." [1d20=9]
[20:09] <@Kotono> OOC: Thoes all hit. This is gonna hurt.
[20:09] * Kotono changes topic to 'Myann's Golem(11)>Gildas(6)>Myann(zzz)'
[20:09] <Gildas> roll 3#2d8+13+1d6+1d6 first is cold, last is fire
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 3#2d8+13+1d6+1d6 first is cold, last is fire and gets 79." [3#2d8+13+1d6+1d6 = 27, 26, 26]
[20:10] <@Kotono> OOC: Roll damage, but to be honest, no, it's not gonna surviv.e
[20:10] <@Kotono> Gildas tears the rock-man apart with his claws, savagely mauling it like flesh! It crumbles before him, as meanwhile Myann's golem continues to plummel her helpless form!
[20:10] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5
[20:10] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5  and gets 24." [1d20=19]
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5  and gets 9." [1d20=4]
[20:10] <@Kotono> roll 2d6+6
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+6 and gets 10." [2d6=1, 3]
[20:11] <@Kotono> A blow lands on Myann's shoulder, an audible CRACK as bone gives way. A kick knocks her head back, visibly breaking her nose. She's being plummeled without mercy, yet still sleeps despite it! OOC: Ow. Gildas.
[20:12] <Gildas> The bear moves in onto the golem and raises up to strike it in the chest with a paw! OOC: I think I have to move too far for a full attack string, yeah?
[20:12] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes.
[20:12] <Gildas> roll 1d20+18 then
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+18 then and gets 23." [1d20=5]
[20:13] <Gildas> roll 2d8+13+1d6+1d6 first is cold last is fire
[20:13] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 2d8+13+1d6+1d6 first is cold last is fire and gets 30." [2d8=1, 5][1d6=6][1d6=5]
[20:14] <@Kotono> WHAM! A single diving paw crushes the golem's chest, reducing it to a broken shell that hits the ground! OOC: Free act.
[20:15] <Gildas> He shapeshifts back, before he steps over and kneels down next to Myann, giving her a Lesser Vigor to help with the more basic wounds for now. He gently tries to shake her, but since the massive stone fists didn't seem to wake her...
[20:17] <@Kotono> OOC: Total healing?
[20:18] <Gildas> OOC: 15.
[20:19] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.

Ebiris

[18:16] <@Kozzz> Within the next room is a large red cloth covering much of the floor. In the corners near the door, there's a crystal with blue cloth under it and a crystal with yellow cloth under it. Past all of that is a blue door.
[18:20] <Feather> "So what's with all the colors?" Feather asks John.
[18:21] <@John> "Dunno. Probably just so we can know which crystal affects which door or whatever?"
[18:22] <Feather> "Weird. Think Gildas and Myann found something?"
[18:24] <@John> "Dunno. Pretty worried since it's been a while. Think we can get past that chasm by ourselves?"
[18:25] <Feather> "Yeah, I reckon I could. Let's go?"
[18:26] * @John nods and heads back the way they came, getting a good run up for the jump!
[18:26] <@Kozzz> The party returns to the chasm uneventfully. It awaits thema s...OOC: What's your plan here?
[18:26] <@John> OOC: jump it!
[18:27] <Feather> "How about I fly across and use the crystal?" Feather offers. "Or we could just try jumping. Doesn't look that bad."
[18:28] <@John> "I reckon I probably could make it," John says hopefully.
[18:29] <@Kozzz> OOC: If you're gonna jump, run'n'go for it. Up to y'all.
[18:29] * @John takes a big running jump over the chasm!
[18:29] <@John> roll 1d20+23
[18:29] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+23 and gets 41." [1d20=18]
[18:30] <@Kozzz> John gets a head of steam and leaps! He clears it with plenty of distance to spare, landing nimbly on the other side.
[18:31] * Feather tries to follow suit!
[18:31] <Feather> roll 1d20+18
[18:31] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+18 and gets 33." [1d20=15]
[18:31] <@Kozzz> Feather takes a good running leap and clears the jump with distance to spare! Not nearly as much, but he makes it cleanly.
[18:32] * Feather keeps going!
[18:32] <@John> That done John jogs back up the stairs and through the presumably now opened door on the other side to see what's befallen Myann and Gildas!
[18:34] <@Kozzz> OOC: Going to just keep going until you catch up to them?
[18:35] <@John> OOC: yes, they could be in peril as we speak!
[18:37] <@Kozzz> OOC: #evildunes you two. I'll intro you.
[18:49] * Kozzz is now known as Kotono
[19:24] <@Kotono> Hopping along is Feather, a slow and careful pace. Behind him is John, leaping fast and true through the entire course! But the two make excellent progress, joining Myann and Gildas on the other side! OOC: Loot.

~

[18:17] <@Kozzz> Myann's wounds mend before your eyes. She stirs amid this, groaning as her nose slides back into its proper place. "Gildas?" she sounds groggy and out of it.
[18:18] <Gildas> "You got knocked out by them somehow. Must have been some sort of enchanted stone." He offers her a hand to stand back up with. "But at least now we know what happens if you try and use a crystal with no door..."
[18:19] <@Kozzz> Myann stand and promply chants a healing spell to fix her aching ribs.
[18:19] <@Kozzz> roll 1d8+5
[18:19] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 1d8+5 and gets 11." [1d8=6]
[18:19] <@Kozzz> roll 1d8+5
[18:19] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 1d8+5 and gets 8." [1d8=3]
[18:21] <@Kozzz> Myann's injuries mend. She rubs the her shoulder, "It must be," she says, looking around. "So we use the properly colored crystals to the doors, as well as checking the treasure chest? It didn't seem to approve of choosing the odd color out."
[18:22] <Gildas> He nods to her. "We may as well. They must not like thinking outside the box. Or perhaps they do, and the golems were an reward for being entertaining..."
[18:23] <@Kozzz> "A Sidhe did it," Myann slowly rotates her arm and shoulder, "Take your pick of inane reasons. If you ask me, golems from nowhere are hardly entertaining."
[18:24] <Gildas> "I'm sure from their perspective..." He steps over to the treasure chest. "But trying to understand it in rational terms would lead to an endless quarry of questions."
[18:28] <@Kozzz> "If I go too far Sidhe today, I'll make a note to tell you what I think of it then," Myann says, as she opens the treasure chest. Within are piles of coins, stacked up with a few gemstones and bits of jewelry. Amdi it lies a cloth-wrapped scythe and sitting against that is a blue potion. OOC: Loot.
[18:29] <Gildas> He raises an eyebrow and withdraws his wand to check the items over for magic!
[18:31] <@Kozzz> The potion is magical, but that's the only thing that is. OOC: Spellcraft.
[18:32] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[18:32] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+13 and gets 23." [1d20=10]
[18:33] <@Kozzz> Gildas can't identify the potion. OOC: Related loot post.
[18:35] <Gildas> "Interesting. I wonder why it's wrapped..." He shakes his head and looks to Myann. "Let us take everything but the coins?"
[18:37] <@Kozzz> "If we can manage it on the way out, assumign all goes well, we should come back for some coins too," Myann notes, picking one up and giving it a look. "The minting isn't a familiar one, but I'd need some time to try and figure out where it's from." As she says that, John and Feather catch up, entering the room.
[18:37] * Joins: Feather (~DarkFlame@bzq-84-111-136-12.red.bezeqint.net)
[18:37] <@Kozzz> "If we can manage it on the way out, assumign all goes well, we should come back for some coins too," Myann notes, picking one up and giving it a look. "The minting isn't a familiar one, but I'd need some time to try and figure out where it's from." As she says that, John and Feather catch up, entering the room.
[18:37] <Feather> "So you took ages," Feather says, looking them over.
[18:38] <@Kozzz> "Golems and treasure," Myann peers at the coin without looking up, "How's it going down there?"
[18:39] <Feather> "Rooms and more rooms everywhere. So you were just fine?"
[18:39] <@John> "Also golems," John adds.
[18:39] <Gildas> "We ended up fine." He nods with a smile.
[18:40] <Gildas> He gestures to the red crystal. "That summoned the golems. It doesn't appear to like us trying to open doors that are not here."
[18:40] <@John> "We got golems just for standing around."
[18:40] <@Kozzz> "Do you want me to try and appraise these right now?" Myann asks, holding up a single gemstone.
[18:41] <Feather> "Nah. We got attacked maybe three times just waiting? Let's keep going for now."
[18:42] <Gildas> He rubs his chin. "I wonder if that was because of us. Let us just collect it for now and continue on."
[18:43] <@Kozzz> OOC: Okay, then balls in y'all court. Feel free to do something.
[18:45] <@John> "Further this way or back on the other way?" John asks.
[18:45] <Gildas> "Well, we're here, we may as well continue on this way."
[18:46] <@Kozzz> "May as well," Myann agrees, "So blue or yellow?"
[18:47] <Feather> "Why not both? I'll get yellow."
[18:49] <@Kozzz> "I'll get blue," Myann says, going to it. The crystals are touched, both feeling the tingle and the loss of another spell. To this the doors unlock, the sound echoing in the shrine. OOC: 1 lowest level spell or spell charge each. Both of yo uare charge-based casters, so.
[18:49] * Kozzz is now known as Kotono
[18:50] <Gildas> "We've stuck with blue first so far." He heads for that door.
[18:51] <@Kotono> The blue door is opened. It leads to a stairway going up, into a hazy mist. Sitting just besides the stairs is an old backpack, bulging full. Myann steps forward and puts her arm out to block movement, "Flower ring," she says tersely, "The flowers are invisible."
[18:52] <Feather> "Past the backpack or before it?" Feather asks sensibly.
[18:52] <Gildas> He nods to her words.
[18:54] <@Kotono> "Past it, up the stairs. Walk into the haze and you aren't coming back," she says, looking up into it.
[18:54] <Feather> "So we close this door and check the next?"
[18:54] <@John> "So we're not walking into it?" John asks. "We've managed pretty well with the other flower rings, haven't we?"
[18:55] <Gildas> "This one is underground, though." He answers.
[18:55] <@Kotono> "We can get the backpack at least," Myann says, "But really, just because we can manage the fey side, doesn't mean we want to. Remember the blood Sidhe? Do you want to meet more like that?"
[18:56] <@John> "Fair point," John agrees, backing off and checking out the yellow door.
[18:57] <Feather> roll 1d20+6 (+2 vs fear, +4 vs sleep)
[18:57] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+6 (+2 vs fear, +4 vs sleep) and gets 21." [1d20=15]
[18:59] <@Kotono> The yellow door is opened. It leads to a chasm that stretches farther than you can see. The chasm is only 30ft deep, but the bottom is covered in puffy spheres. Every 10ft there are small, narrow platforms gently going side to side, providing a path of sorts to the adventurous leaper.
[18:59] <Gildas>  Gildas steps over to the backpack and kneels down to investigate it!
[18:59] <@Kotono> Within the backpack are several things, as...OOC: Loot.
[19:00] * @John watches them to see if they all line up at any point which might make a quick series of jumps easier.
[19:01] <@Kotono> They follow an erratic pattern. Goign across is certainly possible, buuuut it'll take deft timing and just the perfect start.
[19:01] <Gildas> "What in the world..." Gildas states as he takes each item out to show the others. "The bread is the most curious part."
[19:02] <@Kotono> "It isn't moldy?" Myann examines it, picking out a bit of bread and sniffing it. "It smells fresh."
[19:03] <@Kotono> "Oh and John," she glances over, "Don't worry about falling except for the impact. Those are those puffball mushrooms I mentioned. They won't burst so you don't need to worry about being poisoned."
[19:04] <Gildas> "I'm almost curious enough to try some." He says.
[19:04] <@John> "Good to know," John says, waiting until everyone's done with the backpack before he dares hopping across.
[19:06] <@Kotono> "So am I," Myann seconds, hmming lightly. She takes a moment, casting a quick spell.
[19:06] <@Kotono> "They aren't poisonous," she announces, "Are they magical?"
[19:07] <Gildas> He checks the items over for magic!
[19:08] <@Kotono> Everything but the backpack itself and the coinbags radiate magic. OOC: Spellcraftx5.
[19:09] <Gildas> roll 5#1d20+14
[19:09] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 5#1d20+14 and gets 115." [5#1d20+14 = 23, 23, 20, 34, 15]
[19:09] <Gildas> OOC: Well I at least got one thing...
[19:10] <@Kotono> Gildas can identify the magnifying glass. It's Sun Scorcher. Once per day, it can concentrate light to produce three beams that deal 4d6 points of fire damage. This is identical to the scorching ray spell. Just don't use it to actually look at things like you'd expect it to be used for. It'll cause minor fires - though it's handy for starting the ol' campfire.
[19:13] <Gildas> "All of it is except for the backpack and the coins. ...This one, though..." He furrows his brow and takes the magnifying glass and spins it around in his hand a few times. "Is this truly...? I see. This is a magical implement. You can use it once a day to create harmful magic fire."
[19:14] <Gildas> He shakes his head at the rest. "Just don't use it like a normal magnifying glass if you do decide to use it." He gestures at the other items again. "I can't make heads or tails of these, but they're magical."
[19:16] <@Kotono> "We can figure them out later," Myann ventures, "So how do we cross ahead here?"
[19:16] <Gildas> "Well, I already know how I'm going to go..." He puts all the items back into the backpack and hoists it up.
[19:17] <Feather> "By jumping a lot, I guess? Or, worst case, we fall down and them climb up at the other end." With that said, he tries to jump from a standstill onto the nearest narrow platform when it comes over.
[19:17] * @John waits for Feather to cross since it'd be bad if they bumped into each other.
[19:18] <@Kotono> OOC: Jump check, FEather. No running start?
[19:18] <@Kotono> OOC: Or acrobatics, whatever. You know what I mean
[19:18] <@Kotono> .
[19:18] <Feather> roll 1d20+18 no, means DC is doubled to 20?
[19:18] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+18 no, means DC is doubled to 20? and gets 36." [1d20=18]
[19:19] <@Kotono> OOC: Right.
[19:19] <@Kotono> Feather easily makes the jump, landing on the first platform with ease. OOC: Just going to pick your way across then, slow and careful, Feather?
[19:19] <Feather> OOC: Yes
[19:20] <Gildas> Gildas will shapeshift and fly over like the lazy, jumping-platform-avoiding Druid he is.
[19:20] <@Kotono> Feather hops across. He gets 50ft out, clearing 5 platforms. Ahead he can see the other side, a ledge with a red door that's 200ft ahead. 100ft ahead, the normal platform has another flying 3ft above it, much faster than the others. An obvious problem and risk to knock yo uoff. Further, a red cloth and crystal sit atop that fast moving platform. Meanwhile Gildas flies along, Myannb ecoming
[19:20] <@Kotono> a mushroom hawk to follow.
[19:21] <Feather> "Guess you need to get that crystal up there?" Feather calls out to Myann, pointing it out.
[19:21] <@John> It's far enough for John to start now, hopping from platform to platform and trying to keep his momentum as he goes.
[19:21] <@John> roll 1d20+23 jumpan
[19:22] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+23 jumpan and gets 36." [1d20=13]
[19:22] <@Kotono> Myann flies towards it, brushing it with her wing. It lights up red, the door ahead unlocking. Her wing tingles in the meantime as another spell is siphoned. OOC: I'll move you two along, you're killing the rolls here. -1 cantrip to Myann again.
[19:24] <@Kotono> Hopping along is Feather, a slow and careful pace. Behind him is John, leaping fast and true through the entire course! But the two make excellent progress, joining Myann and Gildas on the other side! OOC: Loot.
[19:25] <@Kotono> Myann transforms back, watching the platforms going. "You know...was that as fun as it looked?" she asks.
[19:26] <@John> "Really was," John says. "Even if we fell we'd get a soft landing too, right?"
[19:26] <Feather> "Wasn't bad," Feather agrees. "Almost wanted to fall off but you know."
[19:27] <@Kotono> "It's a better challenge than more golems," Myann opines, "Ready to go on?"
[19:28] <Gildas> Gildas shapeshifts back and nods. "I wonder if both sides meet at the same place."
[19:30] <@Kotono> "If we keep going, we might find out," Myann says, "Feather, want to open the door?"
[19:31] <Feather> "No. But I'm getting there, slowly," he responds, doing as Myann asks.
[19:33] <@Kotono> Myann smiles and pats Feather's shoulder as he goes, the door opening. Ahead is a large chamber - at least a good 60ft across and 40ft wide. Sitting in the center of the room are three raised pillars, 5ft up. One has a crystal with blue cloth, one a crystal with red cloth and one a crystal with yellow cloth. On the far wall is a grand double-door colored with bands of red, blue and yellow.
[19:33] <@Kotono> Sitting besides the door is a crystal lined with gold wiring, sitting atop a blue cloth.
[19:34] <Feather> "Blue first?" Feaher asks, climbing the appropriate pillar.
[19:34] <@Kotono> The pillar is climbed and the crystal touched. But nothing happens. No tingle nor does the crystal light up.
[19:35] <@John> "Maybe it's got to be at the same time?" John asks, going to the red and waiting.
[19:35] <Feather> "Not working!" he calls out to the others. "Maybe-- yeah, maybe that?"
[19:35] <@Kotono> Myann shrugs and goes to the yellow crystal. "On three?"
[19:35] <Feather> "One, two, three!"
[19:36] <Gildas> Gildas blinks at that, but nods to them and walks over to the gold-wired crystal to investigate it.
[19:36] <@Kotono> The three pillared crystals are touched at the same time. Nothing happens. Gildas goes to examine the gold-wired crystal. It looks like a normal crystal except with the gold wiring on a casual glance.
[19:36] <Gildas> He shrugs and extends a hand to touch it.
[19:37] <@John> "Hey Gildas, touch that one too?" John calls over. "On three again," and he does the requisite count.
[19:39] <@Kotono> The gold-wired crystal is touched. It lights up with the familiar tingle, but much stronger. It leaves Gildas momentarily dizzy, but it causes the blue crystal atop the pillar to light up brightly. OOC: Lose one of your highest level of available spells, Gildas.
[19:42] <Gildas> OOC: Moon Bolt in that case.
[19:51] <@Kotono> OOC: Noted.
[19:52] <@Kotono> "Eh?" Myann lifts up over her pillar and peers over, "Gildas?"
[19:54] <Gildas> He looks back over at the others. "This one is a bit stronger than the others, it seems."
[19:57] <Gildas> "...But it didn't power the others?" He tilts his head to the side. "What if we just try the one that lit up?"
[19:58] * Feather taps the blue crystal again.
[19:59] <@Kotono> The blue crystal atop the pillar shines. Tapping it doesn't cause any reaction that Gildas can tell.
[19:59] <@Kotono> *Feather
[19:59] <Gildas> He frowns and looks back at the other crystal, then sighs and reaches out to touch it again.
[20:00] <@Kotono> Gildas taps the crystal by the tri-color door. Nothing happens and it continues to shine.
[20:00] <@Kotono> Myann hops down and frowns. "I'm suddenly getting a bad feeling, right in my stomach," she pats it, "Is anyone else getting it?"
[20:01] <@John> "I'm  just confused," John says honestly, trying the red crystal for the hell of it.
[20:01] <Gildas> "I wonder if this means we have some other gold-wired crystals to find." He says.
[20:02] <@Kotono> The red crystal is tapped. Nothing happens. At Gildas's words, Myann nods, "It might be the Sidhe in me picking something up," she confesses, "But after all that struggle to get across those platforms, only to find out you may have missed two crystals you need to activate elsewhere in the shrine....that would be entertaining, don't you think?"
[20:03] * Feather scratches his cheek. "Kinda, yeah. But you don't think someone will try to mess with us while you're her, do you?"
[20:03] <@John> "So we're going back down where we were earlier then?"
[20:04] <Feather> "Seems like?"
[20:04] <@Kotono> "You know," Glancing at Feather, "I doubt it, but when has following the path some lunatic left behind worked for us? We didn't dignify it when Johann tried it with his tower."
[20:05] * Feather shudders. "Say the word, like that it's boring or too dangerous, and we'll just leave."
[20:06] <@John> "But there's treasure in every room so it's not like it hurts to explore them all," John says.
[20:06] <@Kotono> "Good point," Myann admits, "I'm just thinking that if we don't want to track down those other crystals, we can cut or batter down the door. That's all."
[20:07] <Gildas> "I suppose it's worth a shot to try." He says. "What's the worst that can happen, more golems?"
[20:07] <Feather> "Don't think we should yet," Feather responds. "See, John's right. If we do that, we'll miss some good treasure, probably. And if something's kept there, breaking the door down won't let us lock it there again."
[20:08] <Gildas> He nods to Feather. "That is a valid point as well."
[20:09] <@Kotono> Myann nods to that, "Alright then, I trust you." OOC: What's your plan now? Where's the party heading back to?
[20:09] <Feather> OOC: The other path, where I waited with John
[20:10] <@Kotono> Jumping, flying, more jumping and waling. Eventually you return to the room you waited for with John. Ahead is the next room: Within the next room is a large red cloth covering much of the floor. In the corners near the door, there's a crystal with blue cloth under it and a crystal with yellow cloth under it. Past all of that is a blue door.
[20:11] <Feather> "Am I dumb for not getting the point of the red color here?" Feather asks the others.
[20:12] <@Kotono> "That's because there's an invisible treasure chest on it," Myann remarks as she looks towards it.
[20:13] <Feather> "Wanna get that, while I go for the blue crystal?" Feather asks, heading towards that one.
[20:13] <@Kotono> "Right," Myann says, going to it. She kneels in front of seemingly nothing, grunting. "It's locked," she calls back, as Feather touches the blue crystal. There's a loud click as the blue door unlocks, FEather's magical vitality dropping again. OOC: -1 lowest spell charge level available.
[20:14] <Gildas> "A locked -and- invisible chest?" He remarks. "Does it seem to have a place for a keyhole?"
[20:14] <Feather> "Maybe it's invisibly yellow?"
[20:15] <@Kotono> "No," Myann says, "It's made of stone like the others. Good workmanship, actually, but it's a little artificial. I suspect magic or a Sidhe related to stone did it, but I'd have to really sit down and work on it to tell you more than that."
[20:15] <@John> "Will the crystal open it?" John asks, hand hovering over the red crystal.
[20:16] <Gildas> "Oh, that's an idea." He nods to John.
[20:16] <@Kotono> OOC: There's no red crystal, to be clear here. There's the red cloth with the invisible check, and there's crystals sitting on blue and yellow cloth in the corner.
[20:16] <Feather> "Maybe break the lock, see what happens?"
[20:16] * @John retracts his hand!
[20:17] <@Kotono> "Loan me your scimitar for that, the one we used in Johann's lair? I don't want to chip my sword cutting through a stone lock." Myann asks.
[20:18] * Feather passes it on to Myann, holding the other ready in case something takes offense to this method.
[20:21] <@Kotono> Myann slashes down. A hunk of now visible stone hits the ground before the chest opens. You can tell since you now see things sitting in midair, as if floating serenely. There's a big old greataxe there, as well as a full helmet. The helmet has the design of a griffon's head and beak. A few coins are scattered amid them. OOC: Loot.
[20:21] <Gildas> Gildas withdraws his wand and waves it over the items!
[20:21] <Gildas> OOC: DM wand
[20:23] <@Kotono> The greataxe is magical. OOC: Spellcraft times.
[20:24] <Gildas> roll 1d20+13
[20:24] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+13 and gets 30." [1d20=17]
[20:24] <Gildas> OOC: That's +1 higher if it matters
[20:25] <@Kotono> This is the long lost Subterranean Pride. A magical greataxe that pours the power of earth into the bones of those who rage, granting them greater power.
[20:27] <Gildas> OOC: Does the +2 rage effect only work underground or the whole thing?
[20:27] <@Kotono> OOC: The whole thing only works underground. Above ground it's only a masterwork greataxe.
[20:27] <Gildas> OOC: OK
[20:28] <Gildas> He furrows his brow a bit. "It looks like it only truly works underground. It... gives those who rage more power. Above ground, it's just a regular axe. However, below ground it is quite a weapon."
[20:28] <Feather> "How does it know you're above ground? What if you're like in a really dark cave?"
[20:28] <@John> "I'm pretty relaxed usually," John shrugs. His little tirade against the Emperor aside.
[20:29] <Gildas> "I'm sure we can figure that out if we decide to take it with us."
[20:30] <Feather> "Right, right," Feather agrees, waiting for someone to push the door open.
[20:31] * @John goes to do that!
[20:31] <@Kotono> The door ahead is opened. Here lies a narrow hall, 10ft wide and 50ft long. The walls are lined with sharp looking spikes! Every few seconds the wall slams together for a moment and then slides back into place. The clashing is strangely silent, not a sound from it at all. Past all this there is a single, uncolored door.
[20:32] * Feather uses the same scimitar Myann had borrowed earlier to slash at the base of the nearest spike when it's fully extended.
[20:33] <@Kotono> "Who thinks this is a deathtrap?" Myann asks aloud. "It looks like a deathtrap to me." Feather goes forth, hacking at the spike. It's cut away without incident.
[20:34] <@John> "I bet if we ran fast we'd make it," John says confidently.
[20:34] * Feather backs away and observes what changes.
[20:35] <@Kotono> The wall continues to slam together every few seconds. The spike that's cut away is caught by the next slam, crushed into little stones when they withdraw back.
[20:35] * Quits: Gildas (~rscuderi@rrcs-24-227-47-10.se.biz.rr.com) (Ping timeout)
[20:36] <Feather> "Hey, what if we slammed that axe into the ground right in front of the wall, before it moves? Or maybe midway through?"

Ebiris

[18:03] <@Kotono> "It might crush the axe," Myann hms, "We'd need something really strong and really hard to hold smashing walls at bay."
[18:04] <@John> "What about those blocks you make?" John asks Myann.
[18:04] <Feather> "What if we cut down one of those pillars?"
[18:06] <Gildas> Gildas folds his arms and takes a look around. "It's odd... because most of the other things had to be turned on. I wonder if this one has to be turned off, instead."
[18:06] <@Kotono> "I could try, but they don't last long...hm. Let me try a small one first," Myann gestures, conjuring a simple block in the middle. The block takes the slam a moment later, shuddering! It tears gouges into it but the block holds. A second impact does more damage, but again the block holds. Thew alls stop short and groan each time, prevented from closing in all the way.
[18:07] * Feather waits until they do it again and then dashes through the space provided by the block, leaping over it!
[18:07] <@John> "That's way more than enough time to run past!" John says.
[18:07] <@Kotono> "Hold ON!" Myann shouts, "WAIT! The spell doesn't last long!"
[18:09] * Feather jumps back in dismay. "Right. Then when you get another one, we all run?"
[18:12] <@Kotono> "It might," Myann admits to Gildas, "But I don't see any means to turn it off. Do you?" After that she smiles in relief, "I'll cast the improved version that drops several blocks. Fly if you can, otherwise just be ready to run and jump."
[18:12] <Gildas> He nods to her. "If there is, they've hidden it well."
[18:13] <Feather> "Ready!"
[18:14] <@Kotono> "Ready...GO!" Myann casts as the walls separate, blocks appearing with 5ft gaps between them. Several of them to hold the line, keeping a path open through the spikes. A moment later she's a mushroom hawk, hauling through! OOC: Unless you're flying, make a quick acrobatics check as you run'n'jump.
[18:15] <Gildas> Gildas does as he's told and shapeshifts to fly through the area, above the others!
[18:15] <@John> roll 1d20+16
[18:15] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+16 and gets 24." [1d20=8]
[18:15] <Feather> roll 1d20+19
[18:15] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+19 and gets 20." [1d20=1]
[18:16] <@Kotono> The party gets through with plenty of time to spare, leaping and flying past. On the other side you see the door that awaits. In addition to it, there's a little cubby on the wall, hidden away from view until you're on it. Sitting there is a crystal with no colored cloth beneath it.
[18:16] * @John taps the crystal!
[18:17] * Feather stumbles past John to slam into the door a moment after.
[18:18] <@Kotono> The crystal is tapped. John feels the familiar fuzziness in his hand as the spikes in the wall retract. The walls position back and cease their endless slamming. Meanwhile John barrels through the next door. Ahead is a large room leading to a pair of staircases. They go up only 5ft, up a sloped floor. Atop that floor is a crystal wrapped in gold wire, with a red cloth beneath it.
[18:18] <@Kotono> OOC: -1 PP John.
[18:19] * Feather climbs one of the staircases to get a better look.
[18:19] <@John> "Oh, that was a waste!" John says bitterly.
[18:19] <Gildas> "We will have to go back this way." He gestures. "So I don't think it's a waste at all."
[18:19] <@Kotono> Myann lands and transforms back, "Is it? You saved me another spell to get us back," Myann adds, "So it wasn't a waste."
[18:20] <Gildas> He nods to Myann and then gestures at the crystal. "That one. Whoever touches it will lose a dose of strong magic."
[18:20] <@Kotono> Feather climbs on up. The crystal awaits him there, looking similar to the previous gold-wrapped crystal.
[18:21] <@John> "Oh, point," John says. "My magic's all the same circle, so it probably won't hurt me," he adds, going to touch the gold circle.
[18:22] <@Kotono> John goes on up and touches the crystal. On touching it he feels dizzy and drained as it lights up! OOC: -1 PP.
[18:22] <@Kotono> OOC: PP count now?
[18:23] <@John> OOC: 2/8
[18:23] <@Kotono> "One more," Myann says, "Tell me, have we missed any doors? ARe there any other paths besides that passage to the fey realm?" She goes to sit on the stairs a moment, adjusting her armor.
[18:24] <@John> "We couldn't see down the bottom of that pit back the way," John says.
[18:25] <@Kotono> "Mmm. The one we flew over and roped over?" Myann hms, "We could go fly down and see."
[18:26] <Feather> "Why do you think there's more than the two?"
[18:26] <@Kotono> "There were three crystals atop those pillars - red, blue and yellow. We've found gold wrapped red and blue crystals. I imagine the yellow one isn't there for decoration," Myann remarks.
[18:27] <Gildas> He rubs his chin. "I wonder if the yellow one might actually be in the fey realm. Wouldn't that be entertaining to them?"
[18:27] <@Kotono> "My exact thoughts," Myann shakes her head, "But we can at least check that chasm first. But I wouldn't put it past that scholar to set up a trap like that, if this is his own work."
[18:29] <Gildas> He nods. "Then let us return and see what we can find."
[18:30] <@Kotono> OOC: Going back there then, y'all?
[18:32] <Gildas> OOC: It would seem so.
[18:33] <@Kotono> The party returns there without incident. The chasm awaits...OOC: Balls in your court, y'all. Go on down as you please, how you please.
[18:34] <@Kotono> Myann looks down, "So who's going to do it?" she asks, lingering by Feather.
[18:35] <Gildas> "I can do it." He says. "I'll shout if anything is there." He shapeshifts and moves to start down!
[18:36] <@Kotono> Gildas flies down. It's soon pitch dark - a light source would be recommended, barring darkvision.
[18:37] <@Kotono> As Gildas flies down, "I'm still waiting for something to happen. This is so strange. No rush, no hurry, no danger that we can't handle at our pace and in a way that leaves us safe." Myann says.
[18:38] <Gildas> He swings back up to the others! He takes a moment to reorient himself and then shapeshifts back. "I'll need some source of light down there. I can probably just carry my lantern..." He starts to dig in his backpack to find it.
[18:39] <@John> "Some golems might pop up if we wait too long," John warns.
[18:39] <@Kotono> "I can enchant something too, if you'd like," Myann offers.
[18:41] <Gildas> He shakes his head. "It is fine, conserve your strength, though I know that casting light does not take much." He smiles and lights his lantern and places it on the ground before shapeshifting again to pick it up in his talons and go back down once more!
[18:42] <@Kotono> The chasm extends about 80ft down. At the bottom is hard stone and a few skeletons about. It's fairly broad down here and notably warmer. Gildas would need to fly around with the lantern if he wants a good look around.
[18:43] <Gildas> He will fly around to investigate, then!
[18:44] <@Kotono> OOC: Make a perception check.
[18:45] <Gildas> roll 1d20+15
[18:45] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+15 and gets 23." [1d20=8]
[18:47] <@Kotono> As you fly around, you find there' san odd little indentation in the far-side wall. It's recessed in in a roughly rectangular shape.
[18:47] <Gildas> He flies over to get a closer look! OOC: How far off the ground is it?
[18:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Just a few feet.
[18:49] <@Kotono> The rectangular idententation looks unremarkable besides, well, being an odd indentation.
[18:50] <Gildas> He places the lantern down, then returns to his human form to reach over and press his hand against the indentation.
[18:53] <@Kotono> The indentation is pressed. It slides back further, as a section of the wall glides aside. A secret passage! Within you can see a room. Against the left wall is a single white crystal, no cloth beneath it. On the right wall hangs a pair of scimitars, with a pile of loose coins on the floor beneath it. In the back sit several squares of red, yellow and blue cloth. They're stacked up all about.
[18:53] <@Kotono> Behind them are several crystals, piled on one another. OOC: Loot post.
[18:55] <Gildas> He blinks, then steps out and calls up. "I found... something! A hidden room! This one has a white crystal and... several pieces of the colored cloth that we've seen around here! It is most curious as to why it's even down here!"
[18:57] <@John> "Touch the crystal?" John shouts back.
[18:58] <Feather> "And get anything valuable!"
[18:58] <@Kotono> "Bring all you can up. Make several trips," Myann calls, "We'll sort it out up here."
[18:59] <Gildas> He takes out his wand of Detect Magic to wave it over the items in the room, just to double-check before he does anything else!
[18:59] <@Kotono> The white crystal is strongly magical. The scimitars are magical as well, as are the crystals. OOC: Spellcrafting.
[19:00] <Gildas> OOC: 3?
[19:00] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes.
[19:00] <Gildas> roll 3#1d20+14
[19:00] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 3#1d20+14 and gets 74." [3#1d20+14 = 25, 22, 27]
[19:02] <@Kotono> The white crystal is connected to the dungeon's magic. It's intensely powerful and may well be a keystone of it. The other crystals are all magical - if properly set up they can be keyed to one another and connected to magical receptors. It's fairly complicated and would take a lot more study than a minute here to get the gist of them. The scimitars are beyond Gildas's knowledge.
[19:06] <Gildas> He just blinks at that, but decides to take the scimitars first and places them in his backpack before getting the smaller crystals and doing the same. He looks over to the pieces of cloth and picks some of them up, intending to use them to also grab the larger crystal without physically touching it.
[19:08] <@Kotono> OOC: The white crystal, you mean?
[19:09] <Gildas> OOC: Yessir
[19:09] <@Kotono> This goes without incident and soon Gildas has returned to the others, his bounty in his backpack.
[19:10] <Gildas> He takes it all back out and places it on the ground! "The white one is somehow connected to this dungeon. These others... They can be set up and connected to magical receptors, which I assume is how the other crystals in this entire place function."
[19:11] <Gildas> He gestures to the scimitars last. "They are magical as well, but I cannot understand how."
[19:12] <Feather> "Nicely done!" Feather cheers. "So what now? The fairy realm?"
[19:12] <@Kotono> "Really? I wonder if we found that little scholar's hiding hole?" Myann's smile grows a little too wide. "Hiding nice things away like this, like we wouldn't find them."
[19:13] <Gildas> He rubs his chin and nods to Feather. "I think that is the last place we have to explore."
[19:14] <@Kotono> OOC: Going on along to there, then?
[19:15] <Feather> OOC: y
[19:15] <Gildas> He will put the items away, carefully wrapping the white crystal with the cloth before following the others.
[19:15] <@Kotono> The party returns towards the stairway going up into the Sidhe realm. Myann looks up it and exhales slowly, "So...if we're going to do this, how are we going to do it?" OOC: Get marching order and anything else relevant set up.
[19:16] <@John> "I dunno. Just walk in?" John shrugs. She's the expert!
[19:17] <Gildas> "I can go first if you'd like, with Myann after that?"
[19:18] <@Kotono> "Alright," Myann says, "We'll do that. On your guard and on your best manners," Myann says. "If there's a Sidhe ahead, let's not make this a fight."
[19:19] <Feather> "Okay."
[19:19] <Gildas> He nods and steps forth into the misty fairy circle!
[19:20] <@Kotono> Thus the party climbs up. The stairs vanish - you're walking up a cave incline instead. Ahead is a series of platforms that have gone stone still over a chasm. Whirling logs with spikes can be seen, but they've stopped as well. The platforms have frozen in perfect position to safely walk over to the other side, 60ft away. On the far side is an un-colored door leading further along.
[19:22] <@Kotono> "Eh?" Myann looks on ahead, waiting a moment. "Aren't they going to move?"
[19:23] <Gildas> "Perhaps when we stopped the walls, we also stopped this?" He ponders.
[19:23] <@John> "Maybe it's 'cause Gildas has that control crystal?"
[19:23] <Gildas> "Or... perhaps, somehow, that red crystal that summoned the golems was responsible?" He looks around. "It may only have a finite amount of power? There are... many possibilities."
[19:24] <Gildas> He blinks, then nods to John. "An excellent point."
[19:24] <@Kotono> "Or the local Sidhe's looking to score points again," Myann shrugs, "I'll take any and all of them if it saves us danger."
[19:25] <Gildas> Gildas decides to just walk across this time. Why not?
[19:26] * @John follows after him.
[19:27] <@Kotono> Myann follows. The party goes across without incident. The door ahead awaits, not a lick of danger to be found.
[19:28] * Feather eyes it with mistrust.
[19:28] <Gildas> Gildas moves up to open the door!
[19:30] <@Kotono> Myann goes over and gently holds Feather's hand as the door opens. Ahead is a small hallway with a red and blue door at the far end. However, two crystals appear on the ceiling, silently lighting up as you see them. Blue and red cloth is atop them as they glow, the door ahead unlocking audibly.
[19:31] <Gildas> He blinks, then nods to John. "It must be as you surmised."
[19:31] <Feather> "Time to see if this ends in disappointment like the message said or not," Feather whispers to Myann.
[19:32] <Gildas> He continues forward to open the other door!
[19:33] <@Kotono> Myann squeezes Feather's hand and smiles, "I'll make our displeasure known if it is. It may be time for an accounting with that scholar if this is petty enough." She smiles, an entirely unkind thing. "He venerates the Sidhe. I could show him what that displeasure is like. My ire at him has been rising since I recalled his message to us. Robert, The Missus and all those children would be
[19:33] <@Kotono> under an unknown death sentence if not for us."
[19:34] <@Kotono> The door is opened. Ahead sits another raised platofrm. Here is a yellow-cloth crystal with gold-wiring across it, just sitting at the end of a simple cavern room. As you see it, it lights up.
[19:34] <Feather> "If we do show him any of that displeasure, it better be the way we are, not the, uh, Sidhe way. Just saying."
[19:35] <@Kotono> Myann blinks and rubs her face, "...sorry. I'm getting upset and losing control, aren't I?" She breathes slowly, "Thanks."
[19:35] <@John> "Guess we can go back to that locked door now," John says, turning back to go.
[19:35] <Gildas> He looks over to Myann. "There is nothing else hidden in this room, correct?"
[19:35] * Feather nods. "Don't mention it. Let's get back."
[19:35] <@Kotono> "Nothing invisible," she replies, "I haven't seen any watchers, either."
[19:36] <Gildas> He nods and turns to go back the way they came!
[19:37] <@Kotono> OOC: Going back to the pillared crystal room and tricolor door, I presume?
[19:37] <Feather> OOC: Yes
[19:38] <Gildas> OOC: Indeed.
[19:39] <@Kotono> The return is without incident. On entering, all three pillared crystal shine. The door ahead audibly unlocks, opening wide! Warm air comes from the passage ahead - a long hallway covered in red, blue and yellow carpets, piled on one another. At the end is another doorway.
[19:39] <Gildas> He nods to the others and continues on with a look around as he heads to the door!
[19:39] <Feather> "I think I'll settle for an explanation at this point," Feather muses, considering they already got quite a bit out of this temple. Then, pausing by Myann, he asks quietly, "Feeling better now that we're back?"
[19:41] <@Kotono> "Yeah," Myann says as you walk along. It' sa lot warmer down this hall as you reach the far door. Opening it, you see ahead...oh! A massive treasure room is ahead. Gold and jewels are stacked up all over! There's a twenty foot pyramid of gold ingots! Great heaps of coins like sand drifts lie about. Weaons of incredible make and clear magic are about, joined by suits of armor. Racks of wine
[19:41] <@Kotono> are against the wall, a bookshelf full of thick tomes besides it. As far as the eye can see is treasure ahead. It's so thickly packed you can't even see the far wall - so who knows how far it goes on. It is really rather warm, though.
[19:42] <@Kotono> *weapons
[19:42] <Feather> "So is it me or is it really warm?"
[19:43] <Gildas> He nods to Feather. "It was warm down where I found the secret room as well. Something about this is... curious."
[19:43] <@Kotono> "It's...waaarm." Myann stares ahead, "My gods..." she looks on at it all, eyes wide. "You're right, of course, this feels...curious, especially with that message."
[19:43] <@John> "Aww, we'll never be able to haul all this stuff out!" John says, looking about and trying to figure out what they should take first.
[19:44] <Feather> "So what now? It's a dragon's treasure and we take anything, he kills us? Or it's not real? Or it's actually here, and then... yeah, what John said. Wow, that would be so mean!"
[19:45] <@Kotono> OOC: Going into the room, John?
[19:46] <Gildas> "I wonder if it's an illusion...?" He says as he reaches into his pack for his wand again.
[19:48] <@Kotono> OOC: John?
[19:49] <@John> OOC: yeah
[19:50] <@Kotono> As Gildas takes the wand out, John steps into the room - gah! He steps right through the floor, starting to plummet down! OOC: You're allowed a ref save an acrobatics check here, whichever is higher.
[19:50] <@Kotono> *or an
[19:51] <@John> roll 1d20+16 acrobatics
[19:51] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+16 acrobatics and gets 31." [1d20=15]
[19:51] <Feather> "John!" Feather cries out in alarm, reaching out for him. "Fucking doors!"
[19:53] <@Kotono> John is nimbly quick! He reaches out and grabs the edge of the ledge, holding on for dear life as Feather grabs his wrist. The image before the party fades away - a 20ft wide chasm, roughly circular, is ahead. It plunges down farther than you can see, steady streams of hot air felt from it.
[19:53] * Feather pulls John back up with all his strength!
[19:53] <Gildas> Gildas drops his items to go grab at John's other wrist to help him up!
[19:54] <@John> Not having to do anything as he's dragged up, John sulks once back on land. "That's just mean that is."
[19:54] <Feather> "It really was! A fairy must've done it!"
[19:55] <Gildas> "Ah... this must be the 'pratfall,' then."
[19:56] <@Kotono> "The pratfall," Myann agrees, "How unbelievably spiteful."
[19:56] <Feather> "Think there's anything below? Or past it?"
[19:56] <@Kotono> "I don't know." Myann admits, "I can go take a look if you want."
[19:56] <@John> "May as well, but I doubt it," John shrugs.
[19:57] <@Kotono> Myann becomes a mushroom hawk, flying around first and then down.
[19:57] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+13
[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+13 and gets 18." [1d20=5]
[19:57] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+13
[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+13 and gets 27." [1d20=14]
[19:57] <Gildas> Gildas sets his lantern down again before shapeshifting to go after her in his eagle form with a source of light, just in case!
[19:57] <@Kotono> OOC: Make perception checks as well, Gildas. Two of them.
[19:58] <Gildas> roll 2#1d20+15
[19:58] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 2#1d20+15 and gets 47." [2#1d20+15 = 27, 20]
[20:01] <@Kotono> As Gildas circles around with Myann, the back wall 20ft ahead catches his attention. There's a strange, subtle shining from it. It seems ever so faintly off.
[20:02] <Gildas> He flies over to the wall and tentatively pushes his beak against it.
[20:03] <@Kotono> Gildas's beak goes right through it, like it isn't there. The wall shimmers, revealing a slight indent with a door leading further along.
[20:04] <Gildas> He lets out a caw in Myann's direction before landing at the indent and shapeshifting back. "Now, how in the world do we get the others down here..."
[20:05] <@Kotono> Myann swoops around before flying back. She takes her form again, "We found a hidden passage past an illusion," Myann reports.
[20:05] <Feather> "Where do we go?"
[20:07] <@Kotono> "Thataway," Pointing straight ahead, 20ft ahead where the indent is. "Want to rope it?"
[20:07] <@John> "Can jump that easy," John says, backing up and taking a running jump across!
[20:07] <@John> roll 1d20+23 acrobatics
[20:07] * Hatbot --> "John rolls 1d20+23 acrobatics and gets 32." [1d20=9]
[20:08] * Feather follows after John, relying on his bracers to allow him to glide right there.
[20:11] <@Kotono> The party  makes it right over, joining Gildas. The door ahead awaits
[20:11] <@Kotono> !
[20:11] <Gildas> He nods to them and walks for the door to open it!
[20:12] <@Kotono> Ahead is a small room. There is a single treasure chest sitting in the middle. The room is otherwise unremarkable
[20:12] <@Kotono> .
[20:13] * @John opens the chest!
[20:15] <Feather> "Was there anything below, speaking of?" Feather asks. "Gotta wonder what's so hot down there."
[20:16] <@Kotono> As the chest is opened, the back wall slides away! You can see the purple lake now, an exit in the back of the shrine revealed! Within the chest is a silk pouch full of clear gemstones, a blue potion, an orange potion, a wooden flute with exquisite craftsmanship and a small wand crafted of cherrywood.OOC: Loot.
[20:17] <@John> "Looks like some good stuff," John says.
[20:17] <Gildas> "We will have to sort it all out later." He says with a nod. He looks over to Feather and shakes his head. "I did not check very far down, I just noticed this first."
[20:17] <@Kotono> "Whew," Myann walks out and looks about, "Easy exit. So that's the end of it? Now we just have to gather up what we want and return home."
[20:18] <@Kotono> "Or go down," Myann appends quickly
[20:18] <@Kotono> .
[20:18] <Feather> "Guess we beat this thing?" Feather agrees, taking a look through their acquisitions with Detect Magic.
[20:18] <@Kotono> Everything radiates magic. OOC: Spellcraftx5.
[20:18] <Feather> roll 5#1d20+14
[20:18] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 5#1d20+14 and gets 107." [5#1d20+14 = 15, 20, 34, 17, 21]
[20:19] <Feather> roll 1d20+14 scythe
[20:19] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 scythe and gets 26." [1d20=12]
[20:19] <Feather> roll 1d20+14 bread
[20:19] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 bread and gets 20." [1d20=6]
[20:19] <Feather> roll 2#1d20+14 green potions
[20:19] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 2#1d20+14 green potions and gets 45." [2#1d20+14 = 21, 24]
[20:19] <Feather> roll 1d20+14 helmet
[20:19] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 helmet and gets 33." [1d20=19]
[20:20] <Feather> roll 1d20+14 scimitars
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "Feather rolls 1d20+14 scimitars and gets 15." [1d20=1]
[20:20] <@Kotono> Feather can identify the orange potion - it's actually a potion of Fox's Cunning. The others are unknown to him. OOC: Okay, if we're going to do en-masse IDs, can we wait until this finishes? I'm gonna have to do a big ass loot roundup at the end of this.
[20:21] <Gildas> Gildas nods to the others. "Allow me a moment to see if there is anything below." He turns to go back the way they came, intent on flying down!
[20:22] <@Kotono> Gildas flies down. Down adn down and down he goes! After two minutes he still sees no bottom, but it's getting hotter and hard to breath. It's also growing humid, painfully so. OOC: Make a Fort save.
[20:23] <Gildas> roll 1d20+14
[20:23] * Hatbot --> "Gildas rolls 1d20+14 and gets 34." [1d20=20]
[20:24] <@Kotono> Gildas resists. He's feeling lightheaded and sweating terribly. It's hard to breathe, like his lungs are filling up with liquid like when sickness comes.
[20:25] <Gildas> He decides to turn back and starts flying back up!
[20:26] <@Kotono> Gildas manages to make it back up. In a dizzy he gets back up. As he does, the party can see he's covered with liquid droplets all over. They look crystalline, shimmering all over his body in a rainbow of colors.
[20:26] <@John> "Did you find a rainbow down there?"
[20:27] <Gildas> He tentatively tries to shake some off of his wings before shapeshifting back, panting. "I...whew." He takes another breath. "It goes down much further... and becomes very, very hot... it's difficult to breathe there. I know not where it leads."
[20:27] * Quits: @John (Ebiris@cpc9-sgyl30-2-0-cust73.sgyl.cable.virginm.net) (Ping timeout)
[20:27] <Feather> "Death? Good man, to make it back alright!"
[20:30] <Gildas> He smiles a bit. "Well, perhaps we can explore it if we ever become fortified by a fire dragon."
[20:31] <Ebiris> "Guess that's everything. We going home now?" John asks.
[20:31] * Feather winces. "So since you just escaped the jaws of death, where to next?"
[20:31] * Ebiris is now known as John
[20:31] <Gildas> He gestures to the cave. "That way, I'd say. But it might be best if we take some time to rest. We did expend a lot of energy in there."
[20:33] <Feather> "If we do, better not rest somewhere open, I reckon?"
[20:34] <Gildas> He nods to Feather. "Good idea. We can check the cave if you'd like."
[20:34] <Gildas> "It may lead us right back out of here, then we'll have an easier way to get back if we wish to come again."
[20:37] <Gildas> "Ah, let me go do one other thing." He will fly back to the very start of the shrine to pick up the treasures that were in the very first stone box, before returning to the others.