News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Numenera

Started by Rukatin, June 04, 2014, 12:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I never really clarified, but PBP is a yes for me. Due to the the same unorganized schedule issues, that's perfect.

So in summary:
- Rez, Rat and I were a yes.
- Drac was a maybe, which might be a yes depending on game start date.
- Iddy was more of a 'No' than a 'Maybe' due to PBP format.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

Indeed, I am a No to PbP. I meant to say that if your PbP game succeeds and you move into a IRC/Chat game, at that point I'd be a yes (depending on time slot and such).

Sorry for any confusion.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Rukatin

The Party so far: Merc, Rezantis, and Carthrat. I am willing to take on one more person, maybe two, so I'm going to leave the offer open while I brew and adventure up.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Carthrat

Well, I'm gonna play some kind of cyborg/robot since that's a thing in this setting. Probably a fighterglaive. One woken up by another PC! Perhaps.

Some kind of cyborg that was originally designed for entertainment/aesthetic purposes/childcare, which has since gone far beyond her original mission statement, perhaps. Amnesia seems like a given, but I'll dwell on that for a bit.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rukatin

Quote from: Carthrat on June 10, 2014, 10:53:55 AM
Well, I'm gonna play some kind of cyborg/robot since that's a thing in this setting. Probably a fighterglaive. One woken up by another PC! Perhaps.

Some kind of cyborg that was originally designed for entertainment/aesthetic purposes/childcare, which has since gone far beyond her original mission statement, perhaps. Amnesia seems like a given, but I'll dwell on that for a bit.

That's actually a character descriptor. 'Fuses Flesh with Steel'. There are people in the ninth world who have replaced missing limbs and such with machinery. Or have experimented upon themselves to become that way. Not as rare as you'd think, but not quite common.

It's also typically a Nano descriptor. All Character Descriptors have a preferred class, then a secondary one, then the third. There are only a few descriptors that can't be paired with one of the classes.

Anyways, my point being, having that descriptor means you where organic to begin with. In my opinion, I'd modify your backstory or whatever and have that your character was kidnapped and experimented on, causing the amnesia. Now she searches for her captor in revenge while figuring out her new modified body.

I'd suggest downloading the player's guide and reading through it.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Carthrat

Already checked it out. (There's no full-on mecha setting. Sadly. But it's all good.)

Merc

My initial impression from Iddy/Rukatin was that it was going to be a setting similar to Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm. Then I got the book and found it wasn't.

Alas!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Rukatin

Quote from: Merc on June 10, 2014, 09:51:27 PM
My initial impression from Iddy/Rukatin was that it was going to be a setting similar to Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm. Then I got the book and found it wasn't.

Alas!

No, it's a fantasy world where the 'Magic' is a big unknown in the form of mysterious technology

"You enslave minds!"

Carthrat

I was going to aim for something Alita-ish. I love the endless junkyard chic.

It is okay! Less Blade Runner, more Esper.

Rukatin

What's Battle Angel Alita?

"You enslave minds!"

Carthrat

"Battle Angel Alita" is the English title of a manga, GUNNM.

It's about this crazy mechanic/bounty hunter guy who finds the pieces of a cyborg left in a junk pile. He rebuilds her, and they team up to hunt down rogue cyborgs. She's a shy robot who's frighteningly strong.

I really haven't read it, though. But I like the idea.

Iron Dragoon

From what I can tell, think more Shadowrun/D&D hybrid. Or maybe Rifts.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Rukatin

Alright, What do you guys want to see in this game? What are you hopes and wishes? Because I must crush them completely and utterly :) 

"You enslave minds!"

Carthrat

I'd like to be heavily invested in a single city or town, so that we can get enmeshed in its social/political/criminal goings-on to a high degree. Maybe something like a giant, stratified hive city, with countless layers between the disease-ridden underclass that lives in the sewers and the highest tip of society where life is virtually unimaginable to those who aren't born there- and those who are may well not be anything we recognize as human anymore, communicating their edicts with the people below by proxies, holograms, and the occasional show of gratuitous oppression.

Also, I wish to find out what it means to have a heart, like every robot.

Rukatin

Sounds kinda like the Numenera RP i'm in right now. Uxphon, the city of pipes. Major center of slave trafficing in the Beyond. Or it was, until we staged a slave rebellion.

"You enslave minds!"