News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Numenera

Started by Rukatin, June 04, 2014, 12:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Then we can proceed with confidence, know you're on familiar ground?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rukatin

Do you mind if I reuse the Idea?
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Merc

I don't mind. Sounds interesting enough.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Carthrat

Just put your own spin on it. Or we will.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rukatin

Alrighty then! nw that saves me a lot of planning, How about we start a forum and work on characters?
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

Send Dracos a PM (or just post it here and we'll prod him in IRC if he somehow misses it) to start up a new forum, telling him:
- The name of the forum
- Description (optional)

You probably won't need them, but you can also request for some child boards (again with optional description). We typically use them for IRC logs, but maybe you have another use for them? Only you'd know!

And on a different track - Are you wanting to only use the Core/Player's Guide books, btw, or would you allow things like the Character Options book?

Rukatin

You might have to explain the whole forum mechanics thing to me.

Just the Player's guide for now, seeing how I don't have The extra options. It can't seem to find a download without spending money I don't have...

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

I sent you a PM with a mediafire link to a lot of Numenera books, including the Character Options, Cypher Collection, and Artifacts & Oddities. I included Rez and Carthrat on the PM, in case they want the books too.

I'll note that most of the other books can be skipped, the core book/player's guide and the three I mentioned above are generally the useful ones for character generation.

The adventures (Devil's Spine, Nightmare Switch, Vortex) might be of use to you as GM, as well as the Bestiary.

In Strange Aeons - Lovecraftian Numenera also has some lovecraftian themed monsters (though otherwise there's not much there, and some of it is repeated in the Character Options book). Lastly, Injecting the Weird and Taking the Narrative by the Tail might be useful for you as a GM.

As to forum mechanics, there really aren't any. Structure a board however you wish (feel free to look at current games and old ones for ideas, though by and far you will find IRC games and only a few PBP). As mentioned before, all you really need to do is just send Dracos a request for the board with the details of board name for your game, description, and number of child boards you require (if any) along with their names and descriptions. He'll set it up in the Thunder of Gaming section, probably right under the "Final Fantasy D6" board.

Rezantis and Halbarad -might- be able to set up boards too. I'm not a hundred percent sure, honestly. Drac's the more accessible of the three anyway! =p

Dracos

I haven't seen any messages, but glad to set things up :)

Classically, most games have a main board and a logs board if they're IRC.  Same can easily work for a play by post, with each thread being a scene, but whatever setup makes things easy for ya.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

I feel dumb for asking this, But what's IRC?

I was thinking of a main Story forum, a OOC thread, One to post characters, and maybe a few others I can't figure out off the top of my head.

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

IRC = Internet Relay Chat. There's various programs that let you connect to servers, or you can just use Mibbit to do that.

The simplest program to use is mIRC, which is shareware, and there are a bunch of free program or fancier ones out there as well.

Our server is irc.lunarnet.org, with the main channel being #soulriders

Rukatin

Thread Title is going to be 'Uxphon: City of Pipes'

"You enslave minds!"

Rukatin

Also, yes, you can use the extra character options now that I've read it. Just run it by me okay?

"You enslave minds!"

Dracos

Board made, give it a spin :)
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

So I assume 'Add new topic' adds a place where people can comment?

"You enslave minds!"