News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging 2: Endless nagging

Started by Anastasia, August 29, 2014, 12:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

As if to go along with my boring Trail Rations, how about the Everfull Mug? MIC, 160.

EDIT: One more for the road, Travel Cloak, 166 of Magic of Faerun.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on September 01, 2014, 05:17:32 PM
It takes 6.4 years of eating nothing but terrible dry disgusting cardboard-tasting everlasting rations before they pay for themselves! Do you want to eat so terribly for so long? DO YOU?!? =p

Edit: Whoops, thought normal rations were 5 cp, not 5 sp. So instead of 6.4 years, it's about 7.5 months. That's still a lot of terrible meals though! =p

Better to eat tasteless things than not to eat at all. Plus that's why DMs made Prestidigitation.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on September 01, 2014, 05:19:20 PM
And I bet the first time I drop a mouse at his feet he'll act all offended, as if he doesn't eat shit.

That had better be a damned dire mouse. A mere 1/2 HD rodent won't impress anyone.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 01, 2014, 10:26:15 PM
As if to go along with my boring Trail Rations, how about the Everfull Mug? MIC, 160.

EDIT: One more for the road, Travel Cloak, 166 of Magic of Faerun.

Everful Mug is fine. So's the cloak.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm doing Cor's sheet audit early, as he's going out of town for several weeks in a few days.

QuoteHit Dice 75hp

Hit points, not hit dice.

QuoteArmor Class: 14 touch, 21 normal. [-4 flat-footed, -7 without natural armor, +4 with Shield]

Could you list how you calculate your AC somewhere? I can't really confirm your CMD without that, either.

Full Attack (Greataxe +1 with Whirling Blade): +15, 1d12+14 20/x3 [magic/chaotic/evil]
Full Attack (Steeldance): +17/+17, 1d4+9/1d4+9 [magic/chaotic/evil]
Full Attack (Claws): +5, 1d3 (lethal/nonlethal base) [chaotic/evil]

Lucy lacks her alignment subtypes due to the amnesia (as agreed on), so her attacks don't count as evil and chaotic right now. That's where that originates from.

Everything else looks good.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 01, 2014, 11:36:16 PM
I'm doing Cor's sheet audit early, as he's going out of town for several weeks in a few days.

QuoteHit Dice 75hp

Hit points, not hit dice.

Just copying that from any SRD's monster's entry. Do you want it changed?

QuoteArmor Class: 14 touch, 21 normal. [-4 flat-footed, -7 without natural armor, +4 with Shield]

Could you list how you calculate your AC somewhere? I can't really confirm your CMD without that, either.

Sure! You can pretty much reverse-engineer it from the notes. 4 from dex, 7 from nat armor. Hence, 10+4+7. Aside from the Shield spell, that's what I've got.

Full Attack (Greataxe +1 with Whirling Blade): +15, 1d12+14 20/x3 [magic/chaotic/evil]
Full Attack (Steeldance): +17/+17, 1d4+9/1d4+9 [magic/chaotic/evil]
Full Attack (Claws): +5, 1d3 (lethal/nonlethal base) [chaotic/evil]

Lucy lacks her alignment subtypes due to the amnesia (as agreed on), so her attacks don't count as evil and chaotic right now. That's where that originates from.

Everything else looks good.

Ah, my mistake. I hadn't realized the attacks come from the subtype. It was written under a different entry, so I hadn't connected the two. I'll fix it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

QuoteJust copying that from any SRD's monster's entry. Do you want it changed?

Sure, just say hit points instead of hit dice. (It has the hit dice and then the HP in ()es.)

QuoteSure! You can pretty much reverse-engineer it from the notes. 4 from dex, 7 from nat armor. Hence, 10+4+7. Aside from the Shield spell, that's what I've got.

Thanks. Not a big deal, but having it handy saves time. On a glance, that means your CMD's right.

Ah, my mistake. I hadn't realized the attacks come from the subtype. It was written under a different entry, so I hadn't connected the two. I'll fix it.

It's not a big deal, but yeah. Blame 3.0/SS.

Anyway, it looks like an interesting concept and should play out well. Depends on how fast you get to a spell pool too, but I figure that'll be one of the group's early goals.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Thanks. Not a big deal, but having it handy saves time. On a glance, that means your CMD's right.

Heh. Yeah, not really a melee char.

It's not a big deal, but yeah. Blame 3.0/SS.

Anyway, it looks like an interesting concept and should play out well. Depends on how fast you get to a spell pool too, but I figure that'll be one of the group's early goals.

I could! But the 3.5 MM/SRD entry lists it separately, too, under combat! I think I can be legitimately confused.

Finding a Spellpool would be great, yep. It's not an infinite font of knowledge and spells, but it could give 1-2 utility spells in a day out of combat, which is great.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Yeah. I like that the spellpool establishes an early game goal for at least one of you to pursue. It'll give you more reasons to strike out and try to find things, not to mention see the world. Should be fun.

The reward for doing so is built into the premise of the spellpool, which is neat.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Dune, what languages are available for the start? I was planning on putting points into Lingustics but I don't know if the amnesia would affect that.

EDIT: Also, I assume as a Pixie I start with Common and Sylvan naturally?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 02, 2014, 10:35:53 AM
Dune, what languages are available for the start? I was planning on putting points into Lingustics but I don't know if the amnesia would affect that.

Any of the standard ones are fine. If you choose an invalid one, at worst you'll forget it and retrain it next level. Not a big deal.

QuoteEDIT: Also, I assume as a Pixie I start with Common and Sylvan naturally?

Yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/swift-concentration--3309/

Question, this feat requires Concentration as a pre-requisite, which doesn't exist in Pathfinder as far as I can see. Is there a suitable replacement?

Merc

Concentration in PF got rolled into spellcasting rules and is essentially your caster level. An equivalent might then be CL 9 requirement?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 02, 2014, 01:49:24 PM
http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/swift-concentration--3309/

Question, this feat requires Concentration as a pre-requisite, which doesn't exist in Pathfinder as far as I can see. Is there a suitable replacement?

CL 9's fine for that as Merc suggested. Seems simplest.
<Afina> Forever.