News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging 3: NO ESCAPE

Started by Anastasia, February 05, 2015, 12:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I know that. That's what I was asking about though. As an example to hopefully clarify what I am talking about, going to use Aaeru's build from B2 for reference:
"From Aaeru's Character Sheet": ShowHide
BAB   Fort   Ref   Will

Lvl1: Sorceror/Paladin

Sorc1:
+0   +0   +0   +2
Pal1:
+1   +2   +0   +0

Lvl2: Sorceror/Monk

Sorc2:
+1   +0   +0   +1
Monk1:
+1   +2   +2   +2

Lvl3: Sorcerer/Paladin

Sorc3:   
+0   +1   +1   +0
Pal2:   
+1   +1   +0   +0

Lvl4: Sorcerer/Human Paragon

Sorc4:   
+1   +0   +0   +1
Par1:
+0   +0   +0   +2

Lvl5: Sorcerer/Monk

Sorc5:   
+0   +0   +0   +0
Monk2:   
+1   +1   +1   +1

Lvl6: Paladin/Human Paragon

Pal3:   
+1   +0   +1   +1
Par2:   
+1   +0   +0   +1

Lvl7: Paladin/Human Paragon

Pal4:
+1   +1   +0   +0
Par3:
+1   +1   +1   +0

Lvl8: Divine Crusader/Sorcerer
DC1:
+0   +2   +0   +2
Sorc6:
+1   +1   +1   +1

BAB: +8
Fort: +2+2+1+0+1+0+1+2 =9+1res+5cha+3con =18
Ref:  +0+2+1+0+1+1+1+1 =7+1res+5cha+3dex+2weasel familiar =18
Will: +2+2+0+2+1+1+0+2 =8+1res+5cha+0wis =16
Touch AC: 10+3dex+5cha/monk+1nontyped/Gracel+1deflection =20
AC: 20+6armor+1nat armor =27

Paragon skills: Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge/Local, Knowledge/N&R, Knowledge/The Planes, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble

Aaeru had full sorc spellcasting. Assuming she took sorceror on side A from levels 1-5, and paladin/monk/human paragon on the other side, then at level 6, the only way to take paladin/human paragon would have been to switch human paragon from side B to side A to continue full arcane spellcasting.

I am asking if that is what is intended with Guy Mandude to continue full sorc spellcasting, which basically avoids the lost dead spellcasting level 1 from Nightmare Spinner.

(As an aside, I seriously hope you stick with that name.)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

I haven't been able to think of anything better!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

[19:15] <Sailor_Mercury> roll 6d10 HP
[19:15] <Myannbot> Sailor_Mercury rolled 6d10 HP --> [ 6d10=34 ]{34}

Posting for HP.

Merc

Two questions:
1) I've noticed that you modified domains with rerolls. I was considering grabbing Domain Paladin ACF (replace Special Mount) with Destiny domain, but that's a reroll domain. For reference: "Once per day as an immediate action, you can grant a willing creature within 30 feet the ability to re-roll an attack, save, ability check, or skill check. You must be able to see the creature to be affected. You cannot use this power on yourself. This is a supernatural ability."

Any issue with this? It's a 1/day reroll for Iddy/Yuth (doesn't affect me) if they're within 30 ft and visible to me. Alternatively, if you would modify the domain granted power, any thoughts of what to?

2) Going back to old question on ACF'ing Rebuke: Can I ACF the necromancer's Rebuke Undead (from level 1) to Divine Counterspell (Complete Mage, page 33)? The book lists it for Cleric/Paladin, but it's the same Turn/Rebuke ability.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 12, 2015, 08:08:07 PM
I noticed that Yuth's character is taking Nightmare Spinner on the ranger side, despite it advancing arcane spellcasting.

Dune, are you doing something where someone can take levels of things in different sides to avoid lost spellcasting levels or something? I know Corwin did so with Aaeru back in B2, but I figured that was one of the things that went away when you simplified gestalt houserules to just take things from a certain side (figured you'd have to take classes on same sides).

I do suppose Yuth could just be ignoring the spellcasting, but would be useful to know either way.

Either side can advance casting. You just can't double dip - like taking sorc and a PrC class to gain two casting levels in the same progression in the same level.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 13, 2015, 11:04:53 PM
Two questions:
1) I've noticed that you modified domains with rerolls. I was considering grabbing Domain Paladin ACF (replace Special Mount) with Destiny domain, but that's a reroll domain. For reference: "Once per day as an immediate action, you can grant a willing creature within 30 feet the ability to re-roll an attack, save, ability check, or skill check. You must be able to see the creature to be affected. You cannot use this power on yourself. This is a supernatural ability."

Any issue with this? It's a 1/day reroll for Iddy/Yuth (doesn't affect me) if they're within 30 ft and visible to me. Alternatively, if you would modify the domain granted power, any thoughts of what to?

Not sure offhand. Since it's destiny, maybe a 1/day immediate action bonus to a roll instead.

Quote2) Going back to old question on ACF'ing Rebuke: Can I ACF the necromancer's Rebuke Undead (from level 1) to Divine Counterspell (Complete Mage, page 33)? The book lists it for Cleric/Paladin, but it's the same Turn/Rebuke ability.

Sure, we'll see how it works out.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Third question: Paladin's Turn/Rebuke is originally used as cleric -3 levels. For Channel Energy, is this still the case or are you following Pathfinder there, where paladin level counts as cleric level?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 13, 2015, 11:30:22 PM
Third question: Paladin's Turn/Rebuke is originally used as cleric -3 levels. For Channel Energy, is this still the case or are you following Pathfinder there, where paladin level counts as cleric level?

Still -3. There's an ACF for special mount that changes this to paladin level over in homebrew.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Posted preliminary sheet. Still need to flesh out the details...tomorrow though.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Okay, my sheet is ready for auditing. I still have to type up background and appearance, but it's pretty much ready otherwise, outside of cosmetic clean-up.

I intend to add links for feats, and clean up the special abilities section so that I can remember to apply effects and not just forget I have them.

Spells section is light since I don't have to worry about Spells Known, though I do need to figure out what 3 paladin spells to prepare, since Paladin is a prepared caster.

Question: Are we meant to be from the same world/know each other, or are we just thrown together?

Anastasia

Sheet audits tomorrow. I'd like to also do Coda arc wrapup tomorrow evening for Iddy/Yuth. I figure we can start this game Thursday or Friday, as circumstances permit. Sound good?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Friday I have class in the evenings, as a reminder.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Oh right, I forgot. We'll see if we can get this sorted for Thursday then. Is that viable for all of us?
<Afina> Forever.