News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging 3: NO ESCAPE

Started by Anastasia, February 05, 2015, 12:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Sheet audit time. Yuth is first since he has the first post in that topic.

- Could you choose a name besides Guy Mandude? It's funny the first time but I can't really take it seriously.

- Int:   11   (+1) - That should be +0 instead.

- Saves are in order. Using your ranger side for them?

- Languages: Common, - Choosing any more or is that all you're going with?

- You're short two feats. By houserules, sorcs get Eschew Materials at level 1 and a bonus feat at level 5 (and 10, 15, and 20). From houserules:

QuoteSorcerers: Sorcerers gain eschew materials as a bonus feat at 1st level. They gain a bonus metamagic feat at 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter.

So enjoy those and select. Likewise, I don't see your bonus ranger feats anywhere. Make sure to note those somewhere.

- Oh, and note which feat is your human bonus feat.

- Attack: +6, 1d8 - Assuming that's your crossbow, you should add your Dex mod to your ranged attack rolls here. Since it's +3, you should have a to-hit of +9.

- Your familiar's hit points are wrong, as they get 1/2 the master's total. There may be other errors here, check it over.

- In your misc/syn bonuses for bluff, where do you get a +3 bonus? I imagine 2 of that is a synergy bonus, but I'm not sure where the last point comes from.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Next up is Iddy.

- Everything up until feats looks fine. I do wonder where your damage per arrow is. How much do you do on a normal arrow shot, anyway?

- No to persistent spell+divine metamagic. That's not happening since I feel it's badly imbalanced. I'm not opposed to another feat to combo with divine metamagic, but persistent spell is out.

- Also, your feats are wrong. You get feats at level 1, 3, 6 (9, 12 and so on). I think you're using Pathfinder's feat progression instead.

- Re: Horizon walker. Make sure to note your terrain bonus somewhere, since that applies to a bunch of stuff when it does apply.

- Spells look fine. You'll find out quickly what works for you and what doesn't.

- Quick note: Max ranks for a skill at level 7 is 10. All of yours cap out at 9. I don't know if that's intentional or a mistake.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Last and possibly least, we get to kitty no really a kitty Merc's PC.

- Choose someone besides Zarus as a deity, he's not specific to this campaign setting.

- What books are your armor's special properties from?

- Which side are you suing for saves/BAB?

- Please don't like to dndtools-alikes on board, thanks.

Everything else looks good.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on February 18, 2015, 12:08:57 PM
Sheet audit time. Yuth is first since he has the first post in that topic.

- Could you choose a name besides Guy Mandude? It's funny the first time but I can't really take it seriously.

Awwwww!!!!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on February 18, 2015, 12:40:01 PM- Choose someone besides Zarus as a deity, he's not specific to this campaign setting.
Pity, I liked him. He seemed like such a human god. I'll have to see who fits for lawful evil, has war domain for a weapon I think fits character, and generally has a personality that wouldn't cause me to rewrite mental picture of my character.

Quote- What books are your armor's special properties from?
Restful is a property from Dungeonscape, page 39.

Sanctified armor is a modification, also from Dungeonscape, page 34.

Quote- Which side are you suing for saves/BAB?
I wouldn't get much for suing my character! He doesn't have real money!

And I'm using the paladin/pious templar side, naturally. Only way to get full BAB.

Paladin 5: +5/+4/+1/+1
Pious Templar 2: +2/+3/+0/+3
Divine Grace -/+5/+5/+5

BAB: +7
Fort: +12 (+2 CON) = +14
Ref: +6 (+3 DEX) = +9
Will: +9 (+0 WIS) = +9

Quote- Please don't like to dndtools-alikes on board, thanks.
Unfortunate, since it's handy to be able to click on something for reference, but understandable with what happened to dndtools.eu.

I'll do that soon. After dinner/church probably.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 18, 2015, 08:04:46 PMPity, I liked him. He seemed like such a human god. I'll have to see who fits for lawful evil, has war domain for a weapon I think fits character, and generally has a personality that wouldn't cause me to rewrite mental picture of my character.

Bel offers the War domain (as well as the Destruction, Evil, Hatred, Law and Planning domains), if you can stomach working for a devil. The Red Knight does, she's LN but takes LE worshipers. Bane doesn't offer it in the canon books, but he does in Balmuria (at least in my notes), so you could go in that direction.

QuoteRestful is a property from Dungeonscape, page 39.

Sanctified armor is a modification, also from Dungeonscape, page 34.

Thanks. Both of those look fine.

QuoteAnd I'm using the paladin/pious templar side, naturally. Only way to get full BAB.

Right, thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Red knight was whom I was initially following before I found Zarus, so she may be my fallback. I'll look at Bel and Bane later.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Removed links in sheet. I'll think over faith on the weekend. Bel and Bane both seem like they wouldn't really fit. If I somehow need to have deity firmed up before game session (which I dunno if it's happening tomorrow or not since I didn't see CODA finishing up today), I'll pick Red Knight. If I have the weekend, I'll pick something then.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 19, 2015, 12:30:28 AM
Removed links in sheet. I'll think over faith on the weekend. Bel and Bane both seem like they wouldn't really fit. If I somehow need to have deity firmed up before game session (which I dunno if it's happening tomorrow or not since I didn't see CODA finishing up today), I'll pick Red Knight. If I have the weekend, I'll pick something then.

Yeah, Yuth's sick so it ended up not happening last night. Ideally tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Sickness is going around. Woke up with my throat trying to murder me. Taking today off myself.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 18, 2015, 12:20:20 PM
Next up is Iddy.

- Everything up until feats looks fine. I do wonder where your damage per arrow is. How much do you do on a normal arrow shot, anyway?

1d8+1 stock, I think. My str is 13, which is +0, but with Bull's Str, it bumps to +4.

- No to persistent spell+divine metamagic. That's not happening since I feel it's badly imbalanced. I'm not opposed to another feat to combo with divine metamagic, but persistent spell is out.

Rats. Was going to use it with bull's strength for above. I'll have to find a solution somewhere else. Replaced Persistant Spell with Divine Defiance and some shuffling. Divine Defiance is in prep for getting Dispel.

- Also, your feats are wrong. You get feats at level 1, 3, 6 (9, 12 and so on). I think you're using Pathfinder's feat progression instead.

Fixed.

- Re: Horizon walker. Make sure to note your terrain bonus somewhere, since that applies to a bunch of stuff when it does apply.

Noted.

- Quick note: Max ranks for a skill at level 7 is 10. All of yours cap out at 9. I don't know if that's intentional or a mistake.

Yep. I have a lot of skills, and I just didn't have the points for it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

Okay, it's a little late, but switching Zarus to Red Knight on sheet.

Correspondingly, to minimize changes with feats and so forth, switching elven courtblade for elven thinblade (equivalent to a longsword instead of greatsword), which is 50 gp cheaper, so get that back.

Also, I realized that mithral cost apparently includes masterwork cost from SRD, so I get 150 gp back from that too on my armor.

Since I have a hand free and I picked up Goad, I figure I'll pick up a shield as well. Removing the +1 from my armor (get back 1,000 gp).

So I have 1,200 gp + 25 gp from leftover wealth.

A githcraft mithral heavy shield would cost 1,620 gp (600 githcraft + 1000 mithral + 20 shield), and effectively add +1 to my AC (I lost +1 from removing bonus from armor, gained +2 from shield). Shield also has -15% ASF to counter the 15% ASF, so 0% ASF. Since I don't have enough, giving up restful property from armor (500 gp) to have enough.

Note that githcraft is a template from DMG II (costs 600 gp and reduces ASF 5%, as well as +1 on concentration checks).

If there's an issue with this, I'll simply keep armor as is, and pocket 225 gp. Otherwise, my AC goes up by +1, I lose restful on my armor, and my wealth pocket changes to 105 gp.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.