"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Miscellaneous stuff

Started by Anastasia, April 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

T reaches level 5!

- Fighter 5 and Factotum 5
- 6 on a d10 for a total of 8 hp and a grand total of 43 hp.
- +1 BAB for a total of +5.
- +1d6 sneak attack to +3d6. This is where it starts really having a good impact on his damage.
- AD's max spell level rises to 2. I'll adjust his spells there later.
- +1 inspiration. That's always worthwhile.
- Gains opportunistic piety. More healing is good.
- Saves don't change.
- 14 skill points to spend. He raises appraise, bluff, diplo, disguise, perception, ride, sense motive, sleight of hand, stealth, swim, use magic device by 1 each. 11. He'll invest the last three in perform (act).

Solid level with useful gains all over. Level 6 in a bit, since I need to consider PrCs.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Inari reaches level 6. Favoured Soul 6, Rogue 1.

+7hp, +1 bab, +1 all saves, +1 all skills, +1d6 sneak attack, divine might feat, +1 0th level spell (resistance), +1 2nd level spell (make whole), +3 3rd level spells (mass resist energy, mass lesser vigor, heart's ease).

Anastasia

T reaches level 6!

- Fighter 6 and Factotum 6
- 2 on a d10 for a total of 4 hp and a grand total of 47 hp.
- +1 BAB for a total of +6. T can now make full attacks.
- All saves rise by +1.
- 14 skill points to spend. He raises acrobatics, bluff, diplo, disguise, perception, ride, sense motive, stealth, swim by one rank each. He also invests skill points in K:A, K:L, K:N and K:R, one rank each. His last skill point goes into appraise, I guess.
- T selects toughness as his level 6 feat. This is valid but also a placeholder, in case I find a better choice. If you have suggestions, I'm all ears.

Crummy level since both classes are dead levels. Rough.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

There was another cryo prc and you never got around to posting it, Dune.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 22, 2015, 04:50:12 PM
There was another cryo prc and you never got around to posting it, Dune.

So I did. I'll get that out in a day or two.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Level 6:

Feat taken: Weapon Focus, (Claw)

8 on a d10, total of 11 HP for a total of 68

Pious Templar Side:
*Mettle
*0 1st level spells (actually 2 because of Wisdom)

Monk Side:
+1 BAB
+1 Saves
Slow Fall 30 ft, Bonus Feat (undecided)

For now I'll just take the feat for Claw and not get benefits from it, but if you make a ruling on the matter I'll include the bonus. I'm making a post after this to include things.

Nephrite

I'd like to propose a houserule, either simply by existing or by a feat, that Dragonborn unarmed attacks count as either unarmed or claw attacks. It would look like the following:

Dragonborn who have the ability to use natural attacks or unarmed attacks (such as Monks) may use feats and abilities related to unarmed attacks or claws interchangeably, but may only benefit from them once. For example, a Monk may take Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) or Weapon Focus (Claw) and receive the same benefit to their attacks, but may only benefit from this one time.

It makes absolutely no sense to me from an OOC standpoint that someone who turns into a Dragonborn can't use claws.

A feat would probably look something like this:

Dragonborn Fists

As a chosen of Bahamut, you are able to weave your fists and claws together in one graceful series of strikes.

Prerequisite: Dragonborn, Improved Unarmed Strike

Benefit: You may use any feat or class ability that improves claws instead of a feat or class ability that improves unarmed damage, but you may only benefit from this once. Someone may not take both Improved Natural Attack (Unarmed) and Improved Natural Attack (Claw), but may pick one or the other and receive the bonus. In addition, you may not gain other natural attacks using your arms with this feat.

Normal: Unarmed Attacks and Claws are considered separate entities. 

Fluff to Support this, or something similar:

http://www.wizards.com/files/365_ecologyotdragonborn.pdf (I realize it's 4e, but whatever) mentions Dragonborn as "Also distinctive from human counterparts is a dragonborn's
dragonlike head, scales, fangs, and claws."

The Player's guide to Dragonborn (also 4e) states "You strive to be a living incarnation of his will in the world, an extension of his mighty claws." Which while it doesn't really say anything about YOUR claws, well...

Fluff to further back this up is the standard statement in Monk: "A monk's unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons (such as the magic fang and magic weapon spells)."

Anastasia

Helena reaches level 5!

- Scout 5 and Fighter 5
- 3 on a d10 for a total of 5 and a grand total of 37 hp.
- +1 BAB to total of 5.
- Gains evasion. This is always a welcome addition.
- Skirmish damage rises to 2d6. This is obviously nice.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal. In addition, those ranks in craft(blacksmithing) are traded for K:P ranks due to prerequisite issues.
- Dodge is retrained for endurance. Prereq issues again.

Okay level. Setup for the next one and going into horizon walker.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Helena reaches level 6!

- Horizon Walker 1 and Fighter 6.
- 10 on a d10 for a total of 12 and a grand total of 49 hp.
- BAB+1 to a total of 6. Helena can now make full attacks.
- Gains a terrain bonus of +1 and selects plains as her first terrain mastery. It makes sense with the local terrain. It increases her land speed by 10ft.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Skills go up as normal. K:P is now a class skill and increases by an additional +3.
- She gains two feats. She'll take Shield Slam as her level 6 fighter feat. She rejuggles her feats and takes up the normal feat with a previous feat, all to fit in hidden talent at level 1. Blame this on her not quite being done when I posted her. Anyway, she takes adrenaline boost as her power.

Pretty good level. She set up her prestige class choice and generally has herself sorted out. I worked out her build - she'll run horizon walker and fighter.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Re: 4e fluff. I don't really care about it for a few reasons. The first is that I'm not familiar with it. The second is that 4e largely did its own thing, I'm not interesting in trying to detangle 4e things and try to integrate them into 3.5. That way lies madness and DM headaches.

The feat's fine, though, if you want to do that. I'd write it differently but the gist of it seems okay to me.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay, well however you want to word it is fine with me. I can take the feat and replace Improved Initiative with it.

Anastasia

Okay. I'll write it out in a sec.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Just to have it documented, I'm taking the Draconic Fist ACF in place of my level 6 bonus feat for monk and choosing acid as the energy type.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 23, 2015, 01:44:42 PM
Just to have it documented, I'm taking the Draconic Fist ACF in place of my level 6 bonus feat for monk and choosing acid as the energy type.

Uh, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's a level 1 ACF for the level 1 feat. You can't take it for your level 6 feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Hah, I see that now. I'll figure something out.