News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

081. Amanna, Auril and the Smiling Man

Started by Corwin, December 05, 2015, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:07] * @Annerose takes a moment to lock the door back, once they've brought everything out. Let the enemy spend time wondering just what rests below, or what presents they've left behind. Then, she looks over the spoils to see if there's anything that might have been quarantined below.
[20:09] <@Ko-NitorisDream> A handful of scrolls radiate evil, as well as a curved longsword with a wickedly sharp edge.
[20:11] * @Annerose makes sure to put them aside, touching them only through her gloves. Then, once everything had been stashed away in the secret compartment of their wagon, she says, "Let's bring our zealot friend with us partway and ask her about the war?"
[20:11] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Sure," T says as he hauls out a few more scrolls, walking along with the others. "Think we can get anything good out of her?"
[20:12] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8 K:R since we technically beat her in battle, surely there's some obligation to answer our questions via Tempus?
[20:12] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=3]
[20:12] <@Inari> "I'm not sure she'll be feeling particularly helpful, but she might let something slip if we're lucky?" Inari hazards, going to the front of the wagon so she can drive it once they're all set. "No problems out here, Rock?"
[20:12] <@Annerose> "We have a rapport going, so if we find out what they think happened at the start of the war and what we know of it, maybe she'll have some doubt? Or her comrades, once she reports the conversation? We need to start building up for a settlement."
[20:14] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Erad manages to draw a blank.
[20:14] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Rock just shakes his head, the afternoon well on by now. Not much time until sundown.
[20:14] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Helena hops on in, "We should go through at least some of the night. Distance is more important than sleep, I think."
[20:15] <@Erad> Erad huffs as they walk along. "Just argue we beat her fair and square under Tempus' conditions. I doubt she'd argue with that, but who knows."
[20:15] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "It's worth trying," T says, "I don't think she's the one we really need to convince, though."
[20:15] <@Annerose> "Sleep deprivation is cured by magic and willpower, an army of zealots chasing you down not so much," Annerose agrees with Helena. "Let's get going."
[20:16] <@Inari> "All aboard!" Inari calls, setting the horses going back East.
[20:18] <@Ko-NitorisDream> roll 1d100
[20:18] <Serith> Ko-NitorisDream roll for Serith < 65 > [d100=65]
[20:20] <@Ko-NitorisDream> You soon get on, Sess 42 fading away into night. A few hours are unremarkable - Amanna's still out, the party's tired. Helena's napping in the back of the wagon, Rock watching the night and T on his horse. The skies are dark and the air is rapidly growing colder - until this is disturbed by white. A falling snowflake and then another, another another and another yet. "Snow," T announces, holding
[20:20] <@Ko-NitorisDream> his hand out for snowflakes to land on it. "Horrible timing, especially if it starts stacking up."
[20:22] <@Annerose> "I'll make it work," Annerose suggests. "I can see through it just fine and guide the horses, plus mediate a bit. Maybe someone can take the time to sort out what we got? And the cursed blade, too?"
[20:23] <@Erad> "It will affect Kabath too, in theory. Make their supplies harder to move in and out, while Adamantine will probably benefit since they don't need to go anywhere." Erad reasons.
[20:23] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Hope so," T mutters, "'nari, I can guide the wagon if you want to work with the loot."
[20:24] <@Inari> "Alright, I'll go have a look," Inari says, swapping with T and going to spellcraft things.
[20:24] <@Inari> OOC: taking 10 for 23 on everything
[20:25] * @Annerose gets out there to make sure they don't ride into a ditch.
[20:26] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Make a survival check, Annerose.
[20:26] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: This isn't for guiding it - which is essentially automatic for you.
[20:26] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2
[20:26] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 7 > [d20=5]
[20:28] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Inari starts studying the magic items. They'rer many and varied - lot sof healing potions, offensive spell scrolls and weapons and armor. Most of them are basic and straight forward. Just the sheer quantity could outfit an elite unit or perhaps more. Meanwhile, a few hours pass. The storm continues, going from flurries to a screaming blizzard. It's incredibly pleasant for Annerose, but one thing
[20:28] <@Ko-NitorisDream> is clear to her - this storm isn't natural. It's now well below freezing and snowing like she's seldom seen before. Inches are starting to threaten to become feet of snow and the wagon's having more and more trouble.  OOC: I can go into more detail if you're curious about part of it, Inari.
[20:29] <@Inari> OOC: I guess I only care about the stuff Annerose pointed out?
[20:29] <@Ko-NitorisDream> T huddles in a warm cloak, having taken out a blanket to also wrap around himself. "Auril's milky tits," T mutters, "ANNEROSE! HOW IS IT OUT THERE?"
[20:30] <@Annerose> "The storm is unnatural!" she calls over to the others. "You'll probably die if you go out for long!"
[20:30] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Inari notes they're scrolls of desecrate, protection from good and a sword+1, unholy.
[20:31] <@Inari> Protection from good is fairly inoffensive really, but desecrate can't be used for anything nice, and an unholy sword is just awful. "We have an unholy sword and a scroll of desecrate amongst the trove," she reports after her examinations. "I think we should dispose of them."
[20:32] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Helena stays in the wagon, wrapped up in her own blankets and peering out. "I can bash the sword apart and we can rip up the scrolls?" she suggests, coming back in. Her breath mists in front of her, "Or just bury them in the snowstorm."
[20:33] <@Inari> "Do that and then toss them?" Inari agrees, shredding the desecrate scroll up and tossing the scraps out the back.
[20:33] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8 K:N
[20:33] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=17]
[20:34] <@Ko-NitorisDream> This sort of storm suggests extremely potent magic like control weather - but probably over a wider range thna usual.  The sort of storm that's called Auril's Fury, which can dump feet and feet ofs now on a region and virtually paralyze it.
[20:37] <@Erad> OOC: K:H on any similar storms like this and the aftermath of them? Or would that be K:L or N?
[20:37] <@Annerose> "If it's actually some wizard that has nothing to do with Auril, I would be very surprised!" Annerose calls over to the others. "It won't be long before we can't go anywhere, so what do you say about digging in? I could make an igloo around us if you guys help out, and we'll try to wait it out."
[20:39] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: K:H is fine, Erad.
[20:39] <@Inari> "That might not be a bad idea!" Inari calls back. They did stock up on supplies from that outpost they raided so they should be able to survive for a while hunkered down like that.
[20:39] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Yeah, think so," T calls, "It's not like anyone will be able to move with this. If it goes back west a ways, this might help us out."
[20:39] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8
[20:39] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 9 > [d20=1]
[20:40] <@Erad> OOC: I am clearly not History Dragon today.
[20:40] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Erad manages to draw a blank. Again.
[20:40] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Okay, plans for hunkering down then, y'all?
[20:41] * @Annerose stops the horses and waits for everyone to get outside. "I was thinking we move the snow and ice around us in a circle, then I'll make it firmer and magic will take care of the rest?"
[20:41] <@Annerose> OOC: Mostly with snowdrift but other relevant spells as needed
[20:41] <@Inari> "I can make it invisible just in case anyone comes our way," Inari says, hopping out and starting to follow Annerose's instructions. "And the snow will take care of our tracks anyway."
[20:41] <@Annerose> OOC: I also know how to craft snow sculptures!
[20:43] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Okay, make a check for reference and describe what you're building, Annerose.
[20:45] * @Annerose aims to first build and reinforce the basis of the igloo that is her final intent, before completing the semisphere heading up. The walls will first be shaped and then strengthened by her magic, and any new snow and hail thrown by the storm will only reinforce them in the end, allowing everyone aside from her to survive the cold.
[20:45] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+11 craft
[20:45] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 26 > [d20=15]
[20:47] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: How big an igloo?
[20:48] <@Annerose> OOC: Large enough for our wagon and all the horses
[20:50] <@Ko-NitorisDream> With help, magic and skill, an igloo is constructed. The party soon huddles inside, the snowstorm only getting worse. Everyone's inside, the lack of wind and body heat helping warm things a little bit. Rock's curled up in horse blankets, snoring away. Helena and T are also out,  Annerose and Inari just settling down. Erad's also awake for the moment, when you hear a groan from the direction of
[20:50] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Amanna.
[20:52] <@Annerose> "Good morning," Annerose says, holding out a waterskin towards Amanna, who might be without her weapons and armor but isn't tied up at the moment.
[20:52] <@Inari> "Hello, Amanna," Inari says. "Do you need any healing now you're up?"
[20:53] <@Ko-NitorisDream> A coughing groan, the waterskin taken and deeply drained. Amanna falls back after that, "Enough to get a horse back up," she says, staring at the ceiling.
[20:53] <@Inari> "Coming right up," Inari says, casting a moderate healing spell on her.
[20:53] <@Inari> roll 2d8+7
[20:53] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 13 > [d8=2,4]
[20:55] <@Ko-NitorisDream> The healing makes her lie still for a time, until she says, "So...where is this?"
[20:56] <@Annerose> "In the center of a massive storm sent down by Auril, I'm afraid. But since we all happen to be here together, why not get to know each other better?"
[20:57] <@Inari> "Nowhere in particular," Inari admits. "We were heading back East but we've been snowed in. Some sort of defence to slow down your sides armies I suppose?"
[20:58] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "The frigid bitch strikes, eh?" Amanna stays where she is, "What happened?"
[20:59] <@Annerose> "Most of your people retreated after you went down, but they didn't rout. I was mildly impressed."
[21:03] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "They're too well trained for that," Amanna sits up on her elbows, "Did you find wha tyou were looking for there?"
[21:04] * @Annerose shrugs. "Do you mind if we actually talk about this war, in particular its opening stages?"
[21:04] <@Inari> "We did," Inari confirms, falling silent and letting Annerose indulge her curiosity.
[21:04] <@Erad> Erad looks over to the conversation but stays quiet for the time being.
[21:05] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "I see no reason why not," Amanna says, "What do you want to know?"
[21:06] <@Annerose> "To cut straight to the chase, we heard accounts on our side of a cowardly sneak attack that killed everyone, and something similar from your people. The details varied, of course, but what do you actually know for a fact?"
[21:08] <@Inari> "There was cannibalism too!" Inari pipes up.
[21:10] <@Annerose> "We dismissed it as just propaganda at first, but that was before some shady person called forth a group of hungry trolls right ahead of the capital as we were arriving to it," Annerose agrees. "Perhaps that really did happen."
[21:10] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Malana attacked. They provoked war so we gave it to them," she says, "Of course your Dynast blames up for it, especially since he's losing."
[21:11] <@Annerose> "Have you actually seen our soldiers attacking your own, or invading your land?"
[21:13] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Personally? No. I was not near the massacre." Amanna remarks, "Trying to pin the blame on us?"
[21:14] <@Annerose> "No. Say, Rock, can you tell us more about the man who told you about the food on the surface?"
[21:15] <@Inari> "Personally I think both rulers just made up the same story to get their war on, but this age has made me cynical," Inari admits, sitting down against the side of the wagon.
[21:16] <@Annerose> "There is a considerable amount of interference by outside forces," Annerose agrees with Inari. "It used to be so incredibly rare, but now...."
[21:19] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Rock's dead asleep, snoring away. More than words are needed to awaken him.
[21:20] <@Erad> "If I may, what do you know about the..." Erad gestures offhandedly. "Fortress Buster or whatever it's called?"
[21:20] * @Annerose frowns at this unexpected hurdle. "Inari, would you mind?" she asks, glancing over at Rock. "He likes you the most."
[21:21] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "I'd be a fool to mention anything more," Amanna says archly, glancing at Erad. "Do you have any evidence of this outside force you're talking about?"
[21:22] <@Inari> "Oh alright, but he didn't really tell us much about this smiling man himself," Inari says, going to sit beside the troll. "Rock. Rock. Can you wake up for me?" she carols, gently shaking his arm.
[21:23] <@Annerose> "Yes, quite. We hardly know his plan or even his real name, but we do know he exists," Annerose muses. "Let's hear his story again, what little of it there was, and maybe you'll have a fresh insight for us?"
[21:24] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Rock stirs as Amanna freezes. Slowly, Rock blinks and mutters in Common, "What?"
[21:25] <@Erad> "I'm by no means a historian or anything, but let me put forth this series of events." Erad says. "Malana had no reason to try and instigate a war with Kabath. There's nothing to gain from it until they lick their wounds and solve their problems from the last war. Yet, we find this strange circumstance involving a sneak attack that ends badly for Malana, and Kabath just all of a sudden happens
[21:25] <@Erad> to have this brand new weapon for use against the very first thing that Malana uses as its primary defenses. Meanwhile, in Malana, some individual tries to unearth ancient trolls to wreak havoc on Malana further."
[21:25] <@Inari> "Can you tell Annerose and Amanna what you remember about the Smiling Man, please?" Inari asks with a pleasant smile.
[21:26] <@Erad> "In addition to this, the weather lately in Malana has been worse than usual -- so much so that the crops are going to end up being bad this winter and spring won't be any better." Erad continues. "There's really no way Kabath could know about what the weather conditions are going to be in advance here, so the point I'm making is that someone's setting things up from an outside perspective, but
[21:26] <@Erad> I haven't really come to any conclusion on the 'why' part of things yet."
[21:27] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Amanna shakes her head, "A moment," she says to Erad, "Tell me about this Smiling Man."
[21:27] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Already told," Rock growls, "Sleep."
[21:28] <@Annerose> "But you never told Amanna," Annerose voices. "And there is delicious food in store~"
[21:30] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Diplo check Annerose, +1.
[21:31] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+17
[21:31] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 24 > [d20=7]
[21:34] <@Ko-NitorisDream> This stirs Rock - just enough to open eyes, "Smiling man come. Free us. Crack earth. Promise food."
[21:35] <@Inari> "Tell her what he looked like?" Inari urges, since Amanna seems interested. "What clothes did he wear?"
[21:36] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Amanna shakes her head at this. She's silent for a time, "An old story, told at bedtime to initiates. About a cheerful man who nearly brought about an endless war, always in the right place to make it worse. So bad that he defeated our best tactians from the Red Knight's monasteries and massed heroes."
[21:39] <@Erad> OOC: K:R on that?
[21:40] <@Annerose> "Before we reached that fissure on the main road just outside the capital, we got to travel around," Annerose muses. "A village attacked by goblins, whose shaman suddenly came into possession of an artifact commanding nature spirits. Erad could tell you quite a bit about that. There were other shady occurences as well, at least in Malana. I don't suppose the same has been happening for you as well?"
[21:47] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Sure, Erad.
[21:47] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8 Pastor Dragon
[21:47] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=11]
[21:47] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "The war kept going on. Things kept going wrong at the wrong time, or a new force would emerge. Stories kept coming out about this happy man, always seemed to be the spark to set war ablaze," Amanna says.
[21:48] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Erad dimly recalls a legend about it - it's not known well in Malana, more of a Kabath thing since Tempus and the REd Knight don't ge tmuch play here.
[21:48] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Gah, premature.
[21:48] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+13 K:R
[21:48] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=4]
[21:49] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Erad dimly recalls a legend about it - it's not known well in Malana, more of a Kabath thing since Tempus and the Red Knight don't get much play here. A tale woven into a war a few centuries ago, when Kabath had a massive civil war.
[21:51] <@Annerose> "If this whole thing was orchestrated by him, are you happy to be his pawn?"
[21:51] <@Ko-NitorisDream> OOC: Annerose would know as well, since dur I forgot to amend that for you rroll.
[21:52] <@Erad> "A war for war's purpose, then?" Erad says as he folds his arms. "Hmm... But some pieces don't seem to fit if that's the case..."
[21:53] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Amanna's quiet for a time longer, "Many wondered if he was more monster than man. If...if this is true, then perhaps he is a demon from the darkest pits. Perhaps he is something more than human, a nightmare come back. War is wonderful, but without peace, war degenerates and leaves nothing behind for the next war."
[21:54] <@Erad> "...Then again, it does sort of fit." Erad says as he looks over to Annerose. "You said this storm wasn't natural, right?"
[21:56] <@Annerose> "Sad as I am to say this, the current Dynast has no opinion in the matters of his own people, nevermind foreign nations. So the notion that he started a war reads fairly ludicrous to me. A military commander could have acted alone, true, but they would surely start such a war only if they held an actual military advantage, not just hopes of parity," Annerose says. At Erad's words, she nods. "It's not the first time this happened."
[21:57] <@Erad> "I'm not asking for military details, but if we pretend that this storm is local and magical, doesn't it hurt your forces more than ours?" Erad asks. "If you think about it that way, it's as if something is specifically targeting you all because it knows you're here. I don't know much about Malana's military, but I don't think they'd have any wizards or whatever that would just dump snow on
[21:57] <@Erad> themselves."
[22:00] <@Inari> "I don't know, we do have a lot of Aurilites on our side of the border," Inari says.
[22:01] <@Ko-NitorisDream> Another long pause, "That point as it is, and Ib lame this storm on a last ditch effort by your Aurilites," Amanna says, "What you're saying is serious."
[22:02] <@Annerose> "Sadly possible," Annerose agrees. "Also, I'm not one of them but I know how many people make that mistake."
[22:02] <@Erad> "I suppose Maggen could have cooked it up to try and kill two birds with one stone -- us and them. They might all have some plan to try and weaken both sides to convert more to that frozen abomination." Erad mutters.
[22:03] <@Inari> "Or it's simply a plan to stall and freeze out Kabath's armies and we're simply collatoral," Inari says. "Laying seige under these conditions would be brutal on the attackers."
[22:04] <@Annerose> "To get us both on track, we genuinely believe something is going on. We clearly disagree on the extent, but not on whether it is taking place."
[22:04] <@Erad> Erad nods to Inari and then Annerose. "Yes, I think we can agree on that there is a 'something.'"
[22:05] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Something. Yes." Amanna's silent for a time more, before she sighs, "Damn it all, there may well be something."
[22:06] <@Erad> "Do you have a specific example that brings that suspicion?" Erad inquires, looking over to her.
[22:07] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "His presence, if he is here," Sitting up all the way at last, "If this nightmare has returned, what do you intend to do about it?"
[22:08] <@Annerose> "Stop him, of course."
[22:12] <@Erad> "Even if we were winning," Erad starts, "I don't think any of us would want to be duped or manipulated into doing anything."
[22:13] <@Erad> "Maybe it won't stop the war that's already started." Erad continues with a frown. "But it certainly can't make it worse for the innocent people."
[22:13] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "... We do owe him, don't we?" Amanna murmurs. "He ran us around by the nose two centuries ago, and if he's back..." She pauses again, "If you're lying, I will end all of you, Tempus help me."
[22:13] <@Erad> "It's a bit far-fetched to make up, isn't it?" Erad counters.
[22:13] <@Inari> "Does this look like a liar's face?" Inari says, pointing at Rock.
[22:15] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Only because he's a troll, and they're too dumb to lie," Amanna bites right back.
[22:16] <@Annerose> "It's not a lie. And if even half the things I suspect are true, you should be able to find your own independant proof on your own side once you get back."
[22:20] <@Ko-NitorisDream> "Fine." Amanna says, "Now what, then?"
[22:20] <@Inari> "Now? Now we wait out the storm," Inari says. "We're not going anywhere till it's over."
[22:22] <@Annerose> "When it is over, we shall go our separate ways. If Auril's minions strike before that, we can work together to put them to rest," Annerose proposes.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[20:05] <@Kowork> "Very well," Amanna finally agrees, as snow continues to fall outside. With agreement made, the party hunkers down for a long, freezing wait. LIke this all sense of time becomes relative, no sign of the sun under an endless deluge of snow. Inches become a foot of snow and then two, then three within an hour. It's snowing enough to almost be a solid wall of snowflakes, far faster than any of you
[20:05] <@Kowork> have ever seen before. The wind howls like a banshee outside, tossinga bout great drifts of snow like children's toys.
[20:07] <@Inari> Inari just curls up and goes to sleep. There's nothing to be done except wait it out.
[20:08] * @Annerose sits outside the wagon, as if in a trance.
[20:09] <@Erad> Erad decides to spend the time has meditating and praying to Bahamut, perhaps for some insights.
[20:09] <@Kowork> OOC: Wis checks, all three of you. +1 bonus to each of you.
[20:10] <@Inari> roll 1d20+5
[20:10] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=14]
[20:10] <@Erad> roll 1d20+5+1
[20:10] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=13]
[20:14] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+3
[20:14] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 6 > [d20=3]

Corwin

#d

[20:16] <@Kowork> Curled up and warm, Inari sleeps away. Her mind's drifting, images of the past coming. Her old worshipers, laying an offering before her shrine. A man and a woman, the former saying to the latter, "I'm worried about this storm." The woman murmrus agreement and then says, "It's not natural.  It's coming from below, you know. A toll paid in blood and a path opened up."
[20:21] <@Inari> Well if there's something below that's stirring up trouble, it's her duty as goddess of the land to sort it out! Though usually storms are the domain of more aerial forces... "All you can do is hunker down and wait it out," she advises them, offering a comforting smile. "Things will turn out alright." And she'll do her best to make sure of that by finding out what's behind all this!
[20:22] <@Kowork> "Thank you," Both offer, "Please, be careful. Thie storm is not from the natural world. It is a dangerous thing."
[20:24] <@Inari> Really isn't it her that should be saying things like that? "Even so, unnatural forces must ultimately bow to the natural rhythms of life. Balance will be restored, be it today or be it tomorrow."
[20:24] <@Kowork> "Thank you," The woman offers again, "Good fortune."
[20:25] <@Inari> "And you two be careful on your way home," Inari says. "You are free to shelter here at the shrine until the weather is clear. I would not want to see you lost in these conditions."
[20:31] <@Kowork> Inari stirs and startles, the dream coming to an abrupt end. It lingers in her mind, lucid and clear. Sitting up, she can see Annerose by the entrance, staring at the storm as it dumps more snow down.

Corwin

#t

[20:19] <@Kowork> The snow is beautiful. Everything is right in the world as Annerose sits and stares into the storm. In the endless howling of the winter wind, a voice is heard. "Come, come, come. This is but a taste of my kingdom. The door is open this night, come and leave them behind." The voice is the wind, no gender to it.
[20:22] * @Annerose sits there in shocked silence, before she surges to her feet. "Oh wow!" she exclaims. "Is that you, Auril? I always talk about you but you never said anything back before!"
[20:23] <@Kowork> "Come, come, come," The voice repeats, "Come into the storm. Disrobe and come into the storm, be born anew in a never ending blizzard."
[20:29] * @Annerose shakes her head, as if to clear it. "I'm terribly sorry, I just zoned out there. What was it? Ah, yes. The storm is quite lovely, but hardly means I'm going to be stripping for you."
[20:31] <@Kowork> No reply - and the sound of movements behind you breaks your attention. You can see Inari stirring from her slumber. OOC: Moving you into #dunes.

Corwin

#ed

[20:17] <@Kowork> Erad clears his mind and prays, losing himself into devotions to the Platinum Dragon. It is silent for a time until his mind's eye opens. He sees the hazy images of an army before a great fotress, snow burying them as fast as they can do anything about it.
[20:19] <@Erad> Hm? So this snow is going to stop the assault. That is good, but... someone who follows the path of Auril wouldn't do this out of the kindness of their hearts. There is surely more of a motive, here... isn't there...?
[20:21] <@Kowork> As the snow intensifies, you see shadows in the storm. Wretched things, twisted and frozen dead. They come and walk amid the living of the army, reaping them like ripe wheat. Claw slashes sentence more and more to the eternal cold of death.
[20:23] <@Erad> OOC: K:R on that to possibly positively associate them with Auril even though it's probably obvious?
[20:24] <@Kowork> OOC: Sure.
[20:24] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8
[20:24] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 9 > [d20=1]
[20:25] <@Kowork> There's no way to be 100% sure, but if it smells, looks and seems like Auril, it's probably Auril. You think. Maybe.
[20:29] <@Erad> 'Very well,' Erad thinks. So they need to decide between an army of evil or an... army of evil. Wonderful. So which is worse, then? Surely anything that Auril has a hand in is something they need to stop...
[20:30] <@Kowork> You walk along a wooded path. Before you the road splits, both paths filled with brambles and thorns. But as you look around, you can see something to the side. A third path, hidden but clear of brambles and thorns.
[20:30] <@Erad> A Dragonborn doesn't normally take the path of ease, but just this once he will trust in his vision and follow the the third path!
[20:33] <@Kowork> Erad blinks and stirs, his trance suddenly ending. But words linger in his mind, never heard but still understood: When both paths are of the wicked, the righteous must forge their own path. OOC: #dunes, you just stirred as well.

Corwin

[20:33] <@Inari> "Oh! I was given a vision from my worshippers!" Inari blurts out. "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around usually?"
[20:33] * @Annerose blinks, reluctantly turning to glance at Inari. "Is that so? The storm tried to seduce me."
[20:34] <@Inari> "It's an unnatural storm, called from below," Inari explains the contents of her vision. "I think there was some ritual sacrifice involved as well. We should stop it! Even if it perhaps Malana's only defence against Kabath, I'm certain letting it run its course would be worse than being conquered."
[20:36] <@Erad> "Yes, you're right." Erad calls, opening his eyes. "If we don't, undead monstrosities will make quick work of the armies, most likely then attacking everyone afterwards."
[20:36] <@Inari> "We're all getting visions! I wonder if Amanna's had one?" she looks at the sleeping Tempus worshipper.
[20:36] <@Annerose> "How shall we act?" Annerose wonders in response. "I can move through the storm, but I've never been much for navigating. It's that whole thing about immortality, where you feel no rush."
[20:38] <@Kowork> None of the others are stirring. They're all bundled out and deeply asleep.
[20:39] <@Inari> "We'll have to leave the wagon," Inari says sadly. "It's impossible for it to maneuver now that the snow's so deep, even if we demolished the igloo. Maybe some should stay here with it?"
[20:40] <@Erad> "I could fly you through the storm, Annerose." Erad offers. "If you can spot a cave or something magical in origin, then we could easily find it again."
[20:41] <@Annerose> "Oh, I suppose that should work," Annerose muses. "And if you have a way of enduring the cold for a while, we might have an actual direction."
[20:42] <@Erad> "I have some built up." He responds.
[20:43] <@Inari> "I can protect people from the cold but not until dawn," Inari says. "I think perhaps this is urgent enough that we can't wait, though. There could be undead manifesting around camped armies as we speak according to Erad's vision, right?"
[20:46] <@Erad> Erad nods and stands up. "I'd rather not wake her, but maybe while Annerose and I look around, you can see if Amanna has any spells that might be of some assistance?"
[20:49] <@Inari> "I think if I gave her her holy symbol back she might flame-blast me again, but alright..." Inari says, going to sit next to Amanna and give her a gentle shake. They are technically helping Kabath by doing this. Betrayal! So exciting.
[20:51] <@Erad> "I think Tempus would frown on attacking when someone's guard is down." Erad says with a smile. "They seemed to be honor-bound with that duel before."
[20:51] <@Kowork> Amanna comes awake instantly, eyes opening and her hand reaching for - something, but it isn't there. After a beat, "What is it?"
[20:54] <@Inari> "So, about this storm? We don't think it's just meant to make your army cold and miserable. It's going to be cover for an undead massacre instead, and regardless of which flag we stand under I think we can both agree that's a bad thing, yes?" Inari says conversationally.
[20:58] <@Kowork> "It sounds like the cheerful man's work," Amanna grimaces and gets up, "But how do you know?"
[21:00] <@Inari> "I got a vision from my worshippers and Erad got a vision from Bahamut. The facts stack up," Inari responds. "We think the ritual centre is somewhere near here and underground. Would you be willing to stand with us putting a stop to it?"
[21:01] <@Erad> Erad will pick up Annerose once she's ready and head out into the snowstorm, unless she had something she wanted to add to the conversation!
[21:02] <@Kowork> "Do we have any choice?" Amanna says, "No, we don't."
[21:09] <@Inari> "Annerose and Erad are going to scout around to try and find something, so until they get back do you need a hand getting back into your armour?" she offers.
[21:13] <@Kowork> "Yes," Amanna says, as meanwhile...OOC: What's your plan for goingout, you two?
[21:13] <@Erad> OOC: I'm pretty much just going to fly about 30~40 ft of the ground with Annerose in tow probably starting in a small spiral and expanding out from there until she spots anything strange.
[21:14] <@Annerose> OOC: We can fly up to see if there's anything unusual or any light I can see, and if nothing then we'll fly in the direction the storm is strongest. If we can't tell where that is, spiral.
[21:14] <@Erad> OOC: I'll trust the snowmaiden

Corwin

#ed

[21:21] <@Kowork> OOC: Have any ranks in survival, Erad?
[21:23] <@Erad> OOC: I do not
[21:24] <@Kowork> OOC: Okay, what's your fly speed an maneurability?
[21:24] <@Erad> OOC: 70 and good
[21:25] <@Kowork> OOC: Str check.
[21:25] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 Hulk Dragon
[21:25] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 4 > [d20=2]
[21:28] <@Kowork> The storm is unholy. Gale winds blow and the snow is a thick blanket. Erad can barely get off the ground before a gust drives him and Annerose down into four feet of thick, freezing snow.
[21:29] <@Annerose> "I could do that on my own," Annerose grumbles.
[21:29] <@Erad> "Well, that was embarassing." Erad groans. "Let me try and get my own bearings first, hold on."
[21:30] <@Kowork> OOC: Str check.
[21:31] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 Hulk Dragon v2
[21:31] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=19]
[21:34] <@Kowork> This time Erad manages it. He's tossed around in the wind and struggles to make headway, but he's slowly managing. OOC: Make a perception check, Annerose.
[21:35] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2
[21:35] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=17]
[21:38] <@Kowork> You fly a little to the east. Not terribly far, but enough. Ahead you can see a great beam of white light soar into the sky from a chasm in the ground. Snow comes from it like a torrent, constantly rising upward into the thick storm clouds. As this is seen, Annerose hears this as a faint whisper in her ear, "Come, come, come. Abandon all but winter. Listen to your blood and your power. The
[21:38] <@Kowork> eternal blizzard calls you."
[21:39] <@Erad> "Find anything yet?!" Erad calls out amidst the howling winds as he gets some snow in his mouth, cursing.
[21:40] <@Annerose> "It's there!" Annerose points with her arm for good measure. "East! Lets get back and bring the others!"
[21:41] <@Erad> "Oh thank Celestia, no offense, but I think I hate snow!" Erad yells as he turns to fly back.

Corwin

#d

[21:16] <@Inari> OOC: I'll wake everyone else once Amanna's dressed
[21:19] <@Kowork> OOC: Okay. Lemme deal with you two in #evil, while Inari holds downthe fort in here.
[21:20] <@Kowork> Awakening the others is simple enough. Sort of. Helena's first and she groans, batting her arm at Inari, "Go 'way!" she says, voice muffled.
[21:21] <@Inari> "Sorry Helena," Inari says softly, "Our day isn't done yet."
[21:22] <@Kowork> "Ughhh,": she slowly sits up. Her hair is a mess, eyes unfocused. "Five more minutes?"
[21:23] <@Inari> "Five more minutes is fine, but just five," Inari says, patting her head before she goes to rouse T.
[21:25] <@Kowork> As you approach, "Unless it's a pretty maiden wearing nothing but a smile, I'm still asleep," he says.
[21:26] <@Inari> "Sorry, I got Amanna suited up before waking you," Inari replies with a smile, going to rouse Rock next... and stopping briefly to dip into their supplies so she can tempt him with some jerky.
[21:30] <@Kowork> Rock awakens as you come, sniffing the air, "Food," he says in giant.
[21:32] <@Inari> "Food," Inari repeats with a smile, handing it to him. "It's a treat for interrupting your sleep," she explains. "We're going to need to go out into the storm as soon as Erad and Annerose come back."
[21:39] <@Kowork> Down the food goes, swallowed whole. "Food," Rock agrees. T's over by Amanna, the two talking in low tones, as Helena is already back asleep.
[21:42] <@Inari> "Five minutes are up, Helena," Inari says, giving the shieldmaiden another shake.
[21:49] <@Kowork> This stirs Helena, groggy as Erad and Annerose return. OOC: Go ahead.

Corwin

[21:50] <@Erad> Erad doesn't bother shaking any snow off. It's just going to come back anyway.
[21:51] <@Annerose> "A short distance from here to the east is a chasm. There is quite the lightshow, you can't miss it," Annerose fills everyone in quickly. "Let us be off?"
[21:51] <@Kowork> "Yeah, question," T raises his hand, as if waiting to be called on. "So there's got to be four feet of snow out there if there's an inch. How the hell are we getting through that, let alone when more's falling?"
[21:52] <@Annerose> "At the very least I can walk and Erad can fly someone over?"
[21:53] <@Erad> "It might take a few tries, but I can probably get people through it." Erad agrees. "If you've got any spells that might bolster my strength, that would help." At that he looks over at Amanna.
[21:53] <@Inari> "We just have to wade through it," Inari says. "Or I can melt it very slowly a little at a time."
[21:54] <@Annerose> "I could try reshaping it, but it would be so slow the cold might hurt you. I think we'd best take our chances in crossing over."
[21:56] <@Inari> "I think we have a flaming quarterstaff here in the cache we recovered as well, that could help with melting," Inari says. "But really with how long it'd take we may as well just force our way through. Or we could all walk behind Rock..."
[21:57] <@Kowork> Rock grunts at this.
[21:57] <@Kowork> Amanna shakes her head, "Not today," she says, "Most days I do have that prepared, but my loadout's different than usual."
[21:59] <@Erad> "I can carry one person at a time if we run into trouble. But either way, I think we just have to deal with it -- it isn't that far, all things considered." Erad says.
[21:59] <@Inari> "Anyway, sooner we go the sooner we can put a stop to this, so shall we be off?" Inari says, forging her way out of the igloo and into the snow.
[22:00] <@Kowork> OOC: Plan then, y'all?
[22:00] <@Annerose> OOC: I'll lead us in the direction I saw, maybe we can connect with rope? And use Light cantrips to help see each other. Erad can fly anyone struggling out if they get stuck.
[22:01] <@Erad> OOC: Works for me
[22:01] <@Inari> OOC: Rock can clear us a path, 4 feet is nothing to his largeness.
[22:02] <@Kowork> OOC: Okay. Order y'all are going in? Are you taking the wagon with you?
[22:03] <@Annerose> OOC: Is it remotely possible?
[22:03] <@Inari> OOC: lets leave the wagon. Order can be Annerose > Rock > Inari > Amanna > T > Helena > Erad?
[22:04] <@Annerose> OOC: Rek can watch it
[22:04] <@Kowork> OOC: Alright.
[22:04] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+8 general str check for Rock
[22:04] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=5]
[22:05] <@Kowork> It's indeed slow going. It's soon up to five feet of snow - coming up to your shoulders or even more. The storm shows no sign of weakening, the winds at times stopping you cold. It's a slow, frigid trek hobbled by stopping and starting repeatedly. As you go along...OOC: Fort save unless you have resistance to cold. I think all of you do or are Annerose and think this is the best weather ever?
[22:06] <@Erad> OOC: Any kind of resistance? Okay, yeah then I do
[22:06] <@Annerose> OOC: Weather is great
[22:07] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+9 T
[22:07] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 20 > [d20=11]
[22:07] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+8Helena
[22:07] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 12 > [d20=4]
[22:07] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+15 Rock
[22:07] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=2]
[22:08] <@Kowork> roll 1d6 nonlethal Helena and she's fatigued
[22:08] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 2 > [d6=2]
[22:10] <@Kowork> Within 10 minutes every one of you rallies are shivering save for Amanna. T grumbles constantly, Helena shivering in her armor and rubbing it in vain. Rock just looks even more annoyed than usual. But on you go, fighting for each and every inch as the temperature plunges well past freezing. OOC: Perception, Annerose. The others can make it as well, but have a -10 penalty. Don't bother rolling
[22:10] <@Kowork> if that puts you at a negative modifier for the roll.
[22:10] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+1 T
[22:10] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 5 > [d20=4]
[22:10] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+1 Helena
[22:10] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=12]
[22:11] <@Inari> roll 1d20+4 why not?
[22:11] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=7]
[22:11] <@Erad> roll 1d20+4 Attentive Dragon
[22:11] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 24 > [d20=20]
[22:11] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2
[22:11] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 7 > [d20=5]
[22:12] <@Kowork> Amid the howling winds, Erad can hear something. The faintest noise, a woman's mocking laughter. It's close, somewhere from the party's right side.
[22:14] <@Erad> "Oh, shut the hell up, you mockery of winter!" Erad yells out in that direction as he looks over there as well. "Laugh at us all you want, we're about to send your servants to meet you!"
[22:14] <@Inari> "Everything okay back there, Erad?"
[22:15] <@Erad> "Just someone thinking our misfortune is amusing." Erad yells back to Inari.
[22:17] <@Kowork> Annerose can see her - 60ft, walking atop the snow as if it is solid ground. A woman with blue skin and wearing an embroidered white robe. Her hair is the white of newfallens now and whips in the wind. She hardly needs to think to realize what she is - another yuki-onna. She laughs, "Oh ho ho." Her voice is carried by the screaming winds, "Hello, sister of cold. Please relieve yourself of these
[22:17] <@Kowork> tiresome companions and help me make them an offering to Auril. They are not welcome here."
[22:17] <@Inari> "Well lets do something about them! Where are they?"
[22:18] <@Kowork> T stiffens up at that voice, "Wow, Annerose. If that's your sister, your family is full of bitches."
[22:19] <@Kowork> "The wind speaks!" Amanna shouts back, "Does it dare to challenge the shield nad sword of Tempus?"
[22:20] * @Annerose observes the blue-skinned woman coldly from atop her own untouched batch of snow. "Who is behind this ritual?" she demands of her.

Corwin

[20:06] <@Kotono> "Who do you think," she drawls slowly, then laughs. "Stupid sow, acting like a mortal. No matter. I am invincible in this storm, and if you refuse, then I will offer your friends up to winter myself!" OOC: Initiative here, y'all.

[20:06] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2
[20:06] <@Annerose> "You will try," Annerose agrees, voice filled with scorn.
[20:06] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=13]
[20:07] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5+5
[20:07] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 T
[20:07] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=20]
[20:07] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 7 > [d20=1]
[20:07] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4 Helena
[20:07] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 10 > [d20=6]
[20:07] <@Inari> roll 1d20+2 dex damage
[20:07] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 16 > [d20=14]
[20:07] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4 Amanna
[20:08] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 9 > [d20=5]
[20:08] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+1 Rock
[20:08] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=20]
[20:08] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 yuki-onna
[20:08] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 14 > [d20=8]
[20:09] * Kotono changes topic to 'Annerose(30)>Rock(21)>Inari(16)>Erad(15)>Yuki-Onna(14)>Helena(10)>Amanna(9)>T(Miko 7)'
[20:09] <@Kotono> OOC: Annerose opens, more.
[20:10] <@Kotono> OOC: Quick refresher. Visibility is completely shot due to the apocalyptic snow storm. Hearing is likewise strained. Ranged attacks are considerably impeded though not impossible - if you can see your target out there, anyway. You're boring a path through the drifts, but there's 4-5ft of snow all around you, which makes advancing difficult.
[20:11] <@Annerose> Deciding to test just how invincible Auril's pawn is, Annerose extends her hand towards her and attempts to seize her mind....
[20:11] <@Annerose> OOC: Hold Monster, DC21
[20:11] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+14
[20:11] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 22 > [d20=8]
[20:12] <@Kotono> Annerose attempts to freeze the yuki-onna's body solid. But she shakes it right off, as paralyzed as the howling winds out here: In other words, not. Rock just turns and growls, looking all about. OOC: Inari.
[20:13] * @Annerose might not have accomplished much, but she is pointing straight at their enemy. "Sixty feet!" she calls out.
[20:14] <@Inari> Inari casts protection from evil so as to protect herself from the sort of tactics Annerose herself favours before she starts forging ahead in the direction Annerose points so she can try and catch sight of this frosty foe!
[20:14] <@Kotono> OOC: Str check to ford through the massive snowdrifts.
[20:16] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3
[20:16] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=18]
[20:16] <@Kotono> Inari's able to make it 30ft ahead. She still can't see her ahead, the blizzard too thick. She's wet and drenched now, the rope connecting her to the rest of the party trailing behind her. OOC: Erad.
[20:17] <@Erad> "Bahamut will see us through this trial!" Erad calls out to bless the party before he moves to follow Inari! OOC: +1 to attack and +1 to saves against fear for 1 minute. He's going to try and fly in the direction of Evil Annerose.
[20:19] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, str check due to the winds. Also, what's your fly speed real quick? 60?
[20:19] <@Erad> OOC: 70, good
[20:19] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 Strongbad Dragon
[20:20] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 5 > [d20=3]
[20:20] <@Kotono> Erad tries to fly up but can't get far. The winds push him back and down, forcing him to his knees. It's gale force winds out there, winter's fury unlike anything Erad has seen before. OOC: Bad guy's up.
[20:22] <@Kotono> The yuki-onna laughs, a high and brittle sound like jingling ice. "Well then, be winter's offering! Give your warm blood to the snow so that it freezes solid!" The winds howl further, as if a living things pained. All around the party, save for Inari, the snowflakes glisten and become almost metallic, slicing like razors against the party. OOC: Ref saves, all. You're exempt, Inari. Annerose,
[20:22] <@Kotono> you gain a +3 circumstance bonus to the save and are treated as having evasion if you don't have it.
[20:22] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8 T 5/6 inspiration because no owwies
[20:23] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 14 > [d20=6]
[20:23] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+12+3 evasion
[20:23] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Helena evasion
[20:23] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=14]
[20:23] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 29 > [d20=14]
[20:23] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Rock
[20:23] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 12 > [d20=9]
[20:23] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Amanna
[20:23] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 5 > [d20=2]
[20:24] <@Erad> roll 1d20+13 (+2 more if this attack has an evil descriptor and not just... cold or whatever) evasion
[20:24] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 14 > [d20=1]
[20:25] <@Kotono> roll 3d6+3d6 first 3d6 is slashing and second is cold T full, Helena none, Annerose none, Rock full but nonlethal, Amanna full, Erad full.
[20:25] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 22 > [d6=2,5,4,5,4,2]
[20:27] <@Kotono> A razor snowstorm rips through the party. Helena brings her shield up and kneels, blocking it all. Annerose dances amid the beautiful, deadly storm and marvels at the new snowflakes. Rock merely grunts and takes it, barely bowed by it. Amanna and T seem completely nonplussed, shredded and sliced byt he barrage. Erad tries to dodge but is still off balance from the winds, having to take it all
[20:27] <@Kotono> directly. Blood splashes onto the snow, the yuki-onna's laughter heard. OOC: Helena.
[20:27] <@Kotono> Helena grimaces and holds position a moment, before growling and charging right into the snow, shield out.
[20:27] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2
[20:27] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=17]
[20:29] <@Kotono> She manages to plunge deeper into the snow, 25ft ahead before coming to a stop. Her head is just barely above the snowline, hunks of white falling onto her face. Meanwhile Amanna holds her position, save to approach T and lay a hand on him. "Go," she murmurs, "In the name of war."
[20:29] <@Kotono> roll 1d8+5 healing
[20:29] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 11 > [d8=6]
[20:30] <@Kotono> T just holds position for now, shivering. After a moment he changes his mind and goes to Annerose, interposing himself between her and the yuki-onna. "You'd best be able to do something fast," he shouts to Annerose, "But I can take a few hits for you." OOC: T's trying to guard Annerose.  Go Annerose.
[20:31] <@Kotono> OOC: Also, reduce Helena's move to 10ft forward. Forgot she was fatigued. Dur.
[20:35] <@Annerose> "I'll try," Annerose promises, speeding herself up as she glides across the snow towards the other yuki onna. Her gloves are tugged off in the process, and as she finally comes in range she backhands her evil twin with one!
[20:36] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8 touch, cold damage but also golden touch/fort DC17
[20:36] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 22 > [d20=14]
[20:40] <@Kotono> OOC: Ht.
[20:40] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+13 fort
[20:40] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=2]
[20:40] <@Annerose> roll 1d6 dex
[20:40] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 4 > [d6=4]
[20:42] <@Kotono> That smack drives the yuki-onna's head back, a snarl coming from her, "You bitch," she snaps, echoing and howling in the wind, as Rock continues to hold his position. OOC: Inari.
[20:42] <@Inari> Inari keeps pushing doggedly forward until she has a target!
[20:43] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3 str
[20:43] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=8]
[20:44] <@Kotono> But Inari isn't able to make any headway in the snow. The wind's just too strong and the snow's too thick. OOC: Erad.
[20:44] <@Erad> Erad will try and fly forward again! He won't be beaten by some stupid winds!
[20:45] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 trogzor
[20:45] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 14 > [d20=12]
[20:46] <@Kotono> Erad manages to get into and stay in the air, but he can't advance into the storm at all.  OOC: Yuki-onna.
[20:47] <@Kotono> The yuki-onna growls and rubs her iced-over cheek, gold spreading across her face, "Bitch!" she snarls, a scythe of ice forming in her hand as she swing at Annerose.
[20:47] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[20:47] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=4]
[20:47] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6
[20:47] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=13]
[20:47] <@Kotono> OOC: AC?
[20:48] <@Annerose> OOC: 20 touch, 29 normal
[20:48] <@Kotono> But Annerose is too fast, gliding across the snowtop and dodging all the blows. OOC: Helena.
[20:48] <@Kotono> Helena continues to stubbornly bull forward.
[20:48] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+1 (-1 fatigued)
[20:48] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 14 > [d20=13]
[20:49] <@Kotono> She stumbles a bit and ends up on one knee, groaning as snow falls on her. She's half buried by it, groans muffled as she's slowly entombed. Amanna meanwhile holds for the moment. T takes one look and mutters something obscene under his breath, simply watching the battle now. OOC: Annerose.
[20:55] <@Annerose> "Try harder," Annerose says dryly, favoring her with an amused look. And then, suddenly, she moves into action, her hands wreathed in golden fire!
[20:55] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8+1 wrath
[20:55] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8+1 wrath
[20:55] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 18 > [d20=9]
[20:55] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 27 > [d20=18]
[20:55] <@Annerose> OOC: touch
[20:56] <@Annerose> OOC: Sorry, which knowledge would she be? Nature?
[20:56] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8
[20:56] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=7]
[20:57] <@Annerose> OOC: +1 to attacks, if so
[20:57] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes and two hits.
[20:58] <@Annerose> roll 1d8 burn, evil twin!
[20:58] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 5 > [d8=5]
[20:58] <@Annerose> roll 1d8 burn!
[20:58] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 4 > [d8=4]
[21:00] <@Kotono> The slap hits dead on, golden flames erupting over the yuki onna. Her scream is one of agony, all the winds of the blizzard shaking. She writhes and shakes terribly as...OOC: Rock holds. 'nari.
[21:01] <@Inari> Just one step in front of the other, she can do this!
[21:01] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3 str
[21:01] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=8]
[21:03] <@Kotono> No good. It's just too much, Inari shivering and unable to bull through. OOC: Erad.
[21:04] <@Erad> OOC: Can I see Helena having trouble?
[21:06] <@Kotono> OOC: Yes.
[21:06] <@Kotono> OOC: Just barely.
[21:06] <@Erad> The devil frost maiden is the priority, but so are his allies! Erad will try and fly over to grab Helena to pull her up!
[21:07] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 STR
[21:07] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 7 > [d20=5]
[21:09] <@Kotono> But getting anywhere in the storm just isn't happening. Erad can barely even stya in the air as...OOC: Yuki-onna's up.
[21:09] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[21:09] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 23 > [d20=12]
[21:10] <@Kotono> She glares daggers at Annerose, before bursting into a cloud of snow. She moves away, blending into the storm. OOC: You can AoO her if you care to, Annerose.
[21:11] <@Annerose> "Flee from me, yes..." Annerose murmurs, quite pleased with herself as she lets the other yukionna go.
[21:12] <@Kotono> OOC: Free act then, y'all. Sec.

[21:13] <@Inari> Not knowing any better Inari keeps pushing forward!
[21:13] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3
[21:13] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 9 > [d20=6]
[21:13] * @Annerose heads back to collect the others.
[21:16] <@Erad> Erad will try and make it over to help Helena up again!
[21:16] <@Kotono> As Annerose gathers the others, she finds Helena shivering badly under the snow, pale and ice cold to the touch. Inari is also seen, still trying to make it through the snow.
[21:16] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 STR
[21:16] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=13]
[21:16] <@Kotono> This time Erad finally makes it over.
[21:16] <@Annerose> "She fled," Annerose quickly reports, kneeling by Helena's side.
[21:17] <@Erad> "If I never see snow again..." Erad mutters under his breath as he leans down to help Helena stand up.
[21:18] <@Inari> "Helena looks bad off," Inari says, casting a minor healing spell on her. "Perhaps it's best if you stay by the wagon, huddle up with the horses for warmth?" she suggests.
[21:18] <@Inari> OOC: cure minor for 1hp
[21:19] <@Kotono> It helps a little bit, but Helena's still cold. Her teeth audibly chatter. "Hey," she says, "Cold."
[21:21] <@Erad> "Annerose can help her back and we can all keep following Rock until we get there?" Erad suggests.
[21:21] <@Inari> "You did well Helena," Inari says, clasping her hands around Helena's for some warmth. "Go rest up, we'll be back soon."
[21:22] * @Annerose pulls her gloves back on before helping Helena along the way.
[21:23] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay. Going to do anything but drop her off?
[21:23] <@Annerose> OOC: Make sure she's not getting worse, and then rejoin the others
[21:25] <@Kotono> OOC: Any ranks in Heal?
[21:26] <@Annerose> OOC: Sadly no
[21:26] <@Kotono> OOC: Wis check.
[21:26] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2
[21:26] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 3 > [d20=1]
[21:27] <@Kotono> Well, she's out of the cold. That has to be good, right? I mean, normal people do freeze inwonderful cold, so logically she should be better out of it.
[21:29] <@Annerose> "I think there was a weapon that could set fires?" Annerose tells Helena, swallowing her distaste. "So if you need to, you could use it to set a small one in a corner. The ice around the wagon won't melt from just that."
[21:30] <@Kotono> "...kay..." Helena's eyes are barely open, her expression faraway. "Not so cold anymore, anyway."
[21:32] <@Annerose> "That's... good? I guess?" Annerose voices, deciding to ask Rek to just watch over Helena.
[21:33] <@Kotono> Rek comes out as commanded, taking one look at Helena and grimacing.
[21:33] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[21:33] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 20 > [d20=16]
[21:34] <@Kotono> Rek comes out as commanded, taking one look at Helena and grimacing. "Hypothermia," He announces, "We need a fire, fast."
[21:38] <@Annerose> "Not one of my specialties," Annerose says with a frown. "Can you start one?"
[21:39] <@Annerose> Just to be on the safe side, she decides to retrieve and activate Salvation to give Helena an extra boost.
[21:39] <@Annerose> roll 1d12+5
[21:39] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 11 > [d12=6]
[21:39] <@Kotono> "I'll take care fo it," Rek says, as healing soothes Helena further.
[21:40] <@Annerose> "Glad to hear it," Annerose tells him with a smile, and after hesitantly patting Helena's shoulder she takes Gold Reaver with her to catch up to the others.
[21:41] <@Kotono> Soon Annerose returns to the others. The storm still howls ahead, freezing all. "Well?" Amanna asks as you come back, shouting over the winds.
[21:42] <@Annerose> "Apparently, it was hypothermia?" Annerose says with a frown. Come to think of it, didn't she sort of die from it once upon a time? "But not to worry, Helena is in good hands."
[21:51] <@Kotono> "Good," T shivers, "Let's get this back going." OOC: Same plan as before?
[21:52] <@Inari> OOC: sure
[21:57] <@Kotono> Thus the group forges on in the bitter cold, trying to make further progress as the storm rages around them. Soon enough Annerose can see it ahead - the great pillar of light, the storm coming from it. Ahead you can see the chasm in the ground, the winds whipping even more against it.
[21:58] <@Annerose> "We're close," she says, pointing out the pillar through the storm.
[22:01] <@Kotono> "F-finally," T shivers, "C-c'mon already!"
[22:01] <@Kotono> Amanna merely strides forward, "Lead us on."
[22:03] <@Erad> Hopefully there's less snow in the chasm itself, Erad hopes.
[22:04] <@Inari> "This'll soon be over, then," Inari says, pushing doggedly through the snow.
[22:07] <@Kotono> The party soon reaches the chasm. It plunges straight down, a drop into the light. You can see great gushes of snow come up from it, buffering the air as they go to join the stormclouds. You can't see far into the light, but there's no bottom at least 30ft down.
[22:08] <@Inari> Inari throws some foxfire straight down the middle. Maybe just a little fire will ruin things, it could be that simple, right?
[22:13] <@Kotono> Fire is thrown down. It's lost in the light, dissolving a bit of snow to no further effect. T shakes his head, "I think we need to go on in, 'nari."
[22:13] <@Kotono> Amanna perches on the edge, kneeling down, "Maybe so. There could be a glorious battle waiting for us."
[22:13] <@Erad> "I doubt they thought anyone would ever get this far." Erad says. "Or would even be able to find this."
[22:14] <@Annerose> "Any suggestions on getting down?"
[22:14] <@Inari> "It was worth a shot," Inari shrugs unapologetically. "I was never much good at climbing though... anyone have any rope?"
[22:15] <@Kotono> T fishes a length of rope out, "50ft," he tosses it at Inari, then rubs his arms. "I always keep rope on me, you never know."
[22:15] <@Kotono> "Fall not kill," Rock says, going to the edge, "Fall hurt but not kill."
[22:16] <@Erad> "I can carry someone down, I think." Erad suggests. "Let me try flying first." He says as he tries to fly down into the chasm! OOC: Plan is to just stick near the wall in case of a problem since I've also got slow fall and to try and find out how far it goes.
[22:16] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+9 Helena meanwhile Fortitude save
[22:16] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 23 > [d20=14]
[22:16] <@Inari> Inari catches the rope and looks for something convenient to tie it off against.
[22:16] <@Kotono> There's plenty of rocks fo rthat.
[22:17] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay Erad, osrry, actually missed your line for a second. Let me move you into #evil real quick.

[22:22] <@Kotono> OOC: Str check real quick.
[22:22] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 always with these strength checks that I fail
[22:22] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 10 > [d20=8]
[22:24] <@Kotono> Erad is able to fly down. The easy part of flying down? Even if yo ufall awhile, you can still recover. Down Erad goes, in freefall until he manages to get his bearings. He isn't quire show how far he went down, but he cans ee the bottom now. A great, roiling pool of ice-choked waters are here, the yuki-onna lying before them. She's covered in golden ice and shuddering. A man in full armor
[22:24] <@Kotono> also stands before the pool, a snowy mountain depicted on his breastplate. An odd axe is held in one hand.
[22:25] <@Erad> Erad will try and fly back up to see if he can find the rope that Inari was throwing when he left! That'd at least give him an idea of how far this goes.

[22:18] <@Inari> "Sadly we don't all have your marvelous recuperative powers, Rock," Inari says, tying the rope off and then tossing the length down.
[22:22] <@Kotono> The rope falls down as desired. It doesn't fall or anything and one could easily climb down if they wished. Hopefully they wouldn't fall, either.
[22:23] <@Inari> Inari starts to climb down it now!
[22:24] <@Kotono> OOC: Climb check, 'nari.
[22:25] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3
[22:25] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 9 > [d20=6]
[22:26] <@Kotono> Fortunately, a rope with a wall is an easy climb for Inari. She's not good at it, but she's able to descend down. She reaches the bottom, not quite able to see the bottom. Erad flies up - he can tell the rope ends about 30ft before the bottom.
[22:27] <@Inari> "Oh, hello Erad," Inari smiles at him. "Do you know how much farther down it is?"
[22:28] <@Erad> "You've got 30 more feet of falling. That damnable icewoman is down there along with someone else." Erad says. "I can carry someone down but it'll be a challenge to get everyone."
[22:29] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 perception in the meanwhile
[22:29] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 23 > [d20=17]
[22:29] <@Inari> "Go get someone else, I'll jump down when you descend so at least three of us can be in place?" she suggests.
[22:31] <@Erad> Erad nods and flies up. "You've got a 30 foot drop before you reach the bottom. I can carry someone down with me and anyone else can make the jump?" He asks.
[22:33] <@Annerose> "I'll go," Annerose volunteers.
[22:34] <@Annerose> roll 1d20 climb
[22:34] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 12 > [d20=12]
[22:34] <@Kotono> OOC: I'm guessing Inari got nabbed a moment. Okay.
[22:34] <@Kotono> "Carry Amanna," T says, "I'll manage down the rope just fine."
[22:35] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+3 acrobatics/tumble
[22:35] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 23 > [d20=20]
[22:35] <@Inari> OOC: no, I was waiting on Erad coming down before I jumped
[22:35] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[22:36] <@Erad> OOC: Erad will keep close to the wall with Amanna and use Slow Fall if necessary to go the extra 30 ft, hey, it might be useful for once!

Corwin

[20:03] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay, go and describe who's getting down and how real quick.
[20:05] <@Erad> OOC: Erad's carrying Amanna down, near the wall in case he runs into any issues and he'll Slow Fall the 30ft down with her as necessary.
[20:05] <@Annerose> OOC: My rolls were to slide down the rope after Inari and then tumble to negate 10ft of the last 30ft of dropping down. I presume Inari will be jumping just before me, to time everything.
[20:06] <@Annerose> OOC: Say those three arrive in one round, and I'm on the next
[20:06] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay. T will bring up the rear.
[20:07] <@Inari> OOC: I'll jump/tumble down once Erad and Amanna reach my height
[20:07] <@Kotono> Erad goes on down, carrying Amanna. She and Erad go as Inari tumbles on down, trying to stick the landing. OOC: Make your check real quick.
[20:07] <@Inari> roll 1d20+12 acrobatics to reduce falling damage
[20:08] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=1]
[20:09] <@Kotono> OOC: That's a fail.
[20:09] <@Kotono> roll 3d6 ow
[20:09] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 15 > [d6=5,6,4]
[20:12] <@Kotono> Unfortunately for Inari, she slips and does a belly flop down, face first. Ow. She lands hard on the ground, seeing stars and aching all over. Feels like she broke a few ribs form the piercing ache. Meanwhile Erad and Amanna fly down. The yuki-onna has stirred and risen, while the man in armor is at the ready. They're 50ft away, 90ft if you go around the ice-choked lake to get them. "What's
[20:12] <@Kotono> this?" He demands, a raspy voice. "It's snowing heroic sacrifices. Truly Auril is generous!" He laughs deeply before going on, "Come then! Come, come, come! If not as willing thralls, then your souls will be sent to Fury's Heart as offerings."
[20:13] <@Inari> "Oww... owww... owww..." Inari wheezes, picking herself up while they monologue.
[20:14] <@Erad> "Yeah, we'll see about that, Frosty." Erad says as he sets Amanna down. He murmurs to her, "Can you get Inari back on her feet while we deal with this?"
[20:15] <@Kotono> roll 2d6 Annerose's more successful landing
[20:15] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 5 > [d6=3,2]
[20:15] <@Annerose> OOC: DR 5!
[20:16] <@Kotono> Annerose lands besides thet rio in a graceful crouch, a perfect landing. "Fine then," He says, "Fall one and all, and I'll send you right to Auril!" OOC: Init here. T'll joini n next round.

[20:16] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2
[20:16] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 16 > [d20=14]
[20:16] <@Inari> roll 1d20+2
[20:16] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=9]
[20:17] <@Annerose> "You just said the magic word!" Annerose happily exclaims. "Die, followers of the Frostcrone!"
[20:17] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5+5
[20:17] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 22 > [d20=12]
[20:17] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4 Amanna
[20:18] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 9 > [d20=5]
[20:18] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 Yuki-onna
[20:18] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 22 > [d20=16]
[20:18] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 Knight of Auril
[20:18] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 11 > [d20=5]
[20:19] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+1 Rock!?
[20:19] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=12]
[20:19] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 T
[20:19] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=19]
[20:21] * Kotono changes topic to 'T(25)>Annerose=Yuki Onna(22)>Erad(16)>Rock(13)>Inari=Knight of Auril(11)>Amanna(9)'
[20:22] <@Kotono> T promptly lands besides the party in the same landing as Annerose, "Ooof," he mutters. OOC: T takes 10 on acrobatics.
[20:22] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[20:22] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 7 > [d6=2,5]
[20:22] <@Kotono> OOC: Ow. Annerose and the onna are up.
[20:22] * @Annerose charges forward to meet her evil twin, scythe overhead!
[20:22] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8 K:N
[20:22] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=9]
[20:22] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8 K:L
[20:22] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=7]
[20:22] <@Annerose> OOC: Sorry, that was +11 so 18
[20:23] <@Kotono> OOC: Going along the lake, I presume or trying to go over and through its omehow?
[20:23] <@Annerose> OOC: I thought it was a frozen lake
[20:24] <@Kotono> OOC: Ice choked but not fully frozen. You could hop across but it would take acrobatics. Easier for you than others since ice isn't a problem.
[20:24] <@Annerose> OOC: k, strike
[20:25] * @Annerose circles the lake to get ever-closer to her evil twin!
[20:25] <@Annerose> OOC: 60ft move around
[20:26] <@Kotono> At the same time the yuki onna wobbles on her feet, tears of gold leaking from iced over cracks on her face. "You stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid WHORE!" she screams, gathering an oversized icicle before her. She hurls it right at Annerose, aimed straight for her heart.
[20:26] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+10 (-3 dex damage, +2 ???) AC?
[20:26] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 28 > [d20=18]
[20:27] <@Annerose> OOC: 29 normal
[20:28] <@Kotono> It comes right to Annerose, dead at her. At the last second she tries to dodge but it isn't enough - yet her blue ice breastplate holds. The icicle shatters against it, fragments peppering her like a pleasant snowstorm. OOC: Erad.
[20:28] <@Annerose> "You vapid, useless, ignorant, base minion of a creature!" Annerose returns contemptuously.
[20:30] <@Erad> Seeing that Annerose has her stepsister taken care of, Erad will fly forward over the icy waters and stop there. "Well, come on then, Frosty." Erad calls to the knight. "You seem pretty outnumbered, but you look like the type that's too stupid to realize that sort of thing."
[20:30] <@Kotono> OOC: Where are you stopping, precisely?
[20:31] <@Erad> OOC: Let's say midway over the lake
[20:31] <@Erad> OOC: So if the knight wanted to come after me he'd have to jump across some ice.
[20:31] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay.
[20:31] <@Kotono> roll 1d100 Rock higher the better don't 1 this
[20:31] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 20 > [d100=20]
[20:33] <@Kotono> "Hah, you-" The knight is cut off as Rock comes hurtling down. He roars in defiance, claws out - as he lands dead in the lake. He makes a hell of a splash, sinking down - before emerging right back, swimming.  He's 40ft away from the action. "It really is raining heroes," he remarks after a beat. OOC: Inari and the knight are u. Go 'nari.
[20:33] <@Kotono> "Then kill them all!" The yuki onna snaps, "Blood, bone, flesh, rend it all!"
[20:34] <@Inari> "I don't really understand the appeal of all this ice, fire's much more useful," Inari says with some flippancy despite the pain in her ribs, hurling a ball of ghostly foxfire over at the frostmaiden! The bad one.
[20:34] <@Inari> roll 1d20+8 ranged touch
[20:34] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=9]
[20:34] <@Inari> roll 7d6 fire if that hits
[20:34] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 22 > [d6=4,1,6,4,1,2,4]
[20:34] <@Inari> roll 1d4 recharge
[20:34] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 3 > [d4=3]
[20:36] <@Annerose> "It's quite pleasant in moderation," Annerose says in defense of the wonderful frost. "But Auril was never one for temperance."
[20:36] <@Kotono> Oh, that hits. She goes up like a bonfire, robe burning around her. She screams like a banshee, flailing about as she does her best imitation of a log on the fireplace. "Get it together," The knight snaps to her, "This is for Malana! Remember why you were called, woman!"  At this he gestures, his arm going in a sweep before he waggles his fingers, five tiny darts of ice flying from his fingers.
[20:36] <@Kotono> One goes at Erad, one at Inari, one at T, one at Amanna and the last  hits the yuki-onna. OOC: Anyone relevant have SR? It applies if so.
[20:37] <@Inari> OOC: SR 19, 23 if it's an evil spell
[20:37] <@Erad> OOC: I don't for another 10 levels alas
[20:37] <@Annerose> OOC: If it's MM, I'm way more than the 15ft distance from the others
[20:37] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+9 it is an evil spell, so vs 23.
[20:37] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=12]
[20:38] <@Kotono> roll 1d4+1 cold and one negative level Erad, T and Amanna
[20:38] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 5 > [d4=4]
[20:39] <@Erad> OOC: I don't take any damage from it then
[20:40] <@Kotono> As the missiles hit, disorienting and slamming the party, he rears back and throws his iceaxe. He hurls it right at Annerose, flying with far too much speed and grace to be natural.
[20:40] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+15 I want to axe what your AC is, Annerose
[20:40] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 28 > [d20=13]
[20:40] <@Annerose> OOC: Haha no, denied
[20:41] <@Kotono> The axe misses Annerose by a mere inch. A bit of her hair is sliced away, falling to the ground. It vanishes a second later, reappearing in the knight's hand. Amanna meanwhile shudders and gasps for air, "The magic of death and unlife!" she declares, "Necromancer! Deflier!" She manages to get to Inari, a weak hand on her shoulder.
[20:41] <@Kotono> roll 1d8+5 healing
[20:41] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 6 > [d8=1]
[20:42] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+9 Helena meanwhile Fortitude save
[20:42] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 22 > [d20=13]
[21:00] <@Kotono> Landing, T advances at a steady pace of 60ft around the lake. OOC: Annerose and the yuki-onna.
[21:01] <@Annerose> "This is the sort of thing most dangerous to Malana!" Annerose declares. "Your abuses -- of life, the natural order, of nature itself -- they are what's killing Malana! I won't let you to delay the invasion only to drown our people in hordes of undead!" Under different circumstances, she would have offered her opponent a chance to surrender. But not here, not with what he is doing. Still, for now her lesser, evil twin is the opponent she must go through. Perhaps destroying her would even stop the storm!
[21:02] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+6+2 scythe attack!
[21:02] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=7]
[21:02] <@Kotono> Unfortnately, Annerose's strike is just a little toos low. Her own scythe of ice catches it even as she burns, "DIEEEEEE!" she howls, trying to end Annerose in one grand swing.
[21:03] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+13 (+2 ???)
[21:03] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=17]
[21:03] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+2 ???)
[21:03] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=9]
[21:03] <@Kotono> OOC: AC?
[21:03] <@Annerose> OOC: 29!
[21:03] <@Kotono> roll 2d4+4 (cold damage omitted)
[21:03] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 7 > [d4=2,1]
[21:03] <@Annerose> OOC: Is it cold iron?
[21:03] <@Kotono> OOC: No.
[21:04] <@Kotono> The strike is heavy and manages to lightly dig into Annerose's side. It draws a bit of blood, but is far from a lethal blow. She burns as...OOC: Erad.
[21:08] <@Erad> "Okay, well, that was a nice trick, but we're not doing that again." Erad snaps as he flies over to try and punch Auril's knight right out of his stupid armor!
[21:08] <@Erad> roll 1d20+10 (-1 negative level)
[21:08] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 28 > [d20=18]
[21:08] <@Kotono> OOC: That's a trip to the land of hit.
[21:09] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+1d6 I'm guessing he's evil so that's where the 1d6 comes from
[21:09] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 > [d6=2,5,6,3]
[21:10] <@Kotono> A direct hit. Your blow catches him in the shoulder, a crack of bone and snap of iron from the impact. He stays up despite the overpowering shot, "Guh!" OOC: Rock.
[21:10] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+18 Rock swim
[21:10] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 38 > [d20=20]
[21:10] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+38 Rock swim might matter here
[21:10] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 53 > [d20=15]
[21:12] <@Kotono> Rock swims on - as dozens of frigid white hands erupt from the lake. But Rock's a stunningly agile swimmer, belying his sheer bulk. He's past them before they can get him, lumbering up onto the shore. He's wet, sodden and covered in bits of ice. He just stares at the Knight of Auril, unfazed.  OOC: 'nari.
[21:14] <@Inari> "Thanks Amanna, think that put my rib back," Inari gives the cleric a smile, starting to maneuver around the lake and summoning forth a phantasmal weapon to help Erad deal with the knight, the spectral spear covering the distance she can't quite manage herself!
[21:14] <@Inari> roll 1d20+12 spiritual weapon
[21:15] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 29 > [d20=17]
[21:15] <@Kotono> OOC: That's a hit.
[21:15] <@Inari> roll 1d8+2 force
[21:15] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 8 > [d8=6]
[21:15] <@Kotono> The spear stabs into the knight's other shoulder, staggering himb ack towards Erad. He's bleeding now, the back of his armor stained crimson. At the same time, he settles in against Erad, bringing his axe up for a pair of strikes.
[21:16] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+15
[21:16] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=2]
[21:16] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+10
[21:16] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 16 > [d20=6]
[21:16] <@Kotono> OOC: AC?
[21:16] <@Erad> OOC: 20
[21:17] <@Kotono> But a crossed arm guard blocks both slashes against his scales, deflecting the ice axe away. Amanna meanwhile advances behind Inari. As this happens, T hurries along and flanks the knight, "Hi," he says, dagger stabbign out, "Tell Auril she'd be more popular if she wasn't such a frigid bitch when you see her, okay?"
[21:18] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+16 (+3 inspiration 1/6 encounter, also spending 3 to get +3d6 SA, +2 flanking with Erad)
[21:18] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=14]
[21:18] <@Kotono> roll 1d4-1+6d6
[21:18] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 21 > [d4=3][d6=2,4,4,4,3,2]
[21:19] <@Kotono> He rips right into the knight's back, stabbing in between his shoulder blades. He stumbles, blood gushing out from a deep wound. OOC: Annerose and her friend, go.
[21:20] * @Annerose tries to cleave the other yuki onna with a single overhead strike of her scythe!
[21:20] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+6+2
[21:20] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 21 > [d20=13]
[21:21] <@Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[21:21] <@Kotono> At the same time, the blazing yuki-onna attempts the same with Annerose.
[21:21] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+13 (+2 ???)
[21:21] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=12]
[21:21] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+2 ???)
[21:21] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=9]
[21:22] <@Annerose> roll 2d4+3+2+1
[21:22] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 14 > [d4=4,4]
[21:22] <@Annerose> OOC: AC 29, also forgot it was a scythe +1 so attack should've been higher by one
[21:23] * Kotono changes topic to 'T(25)>Annerose(22)>Erad(16)>Rock(13)>Inari=Knight of Auril(11)>Amanna(9)'
[21:23] <@Kotono> With one long swipe, Annerose cuts the yuki onna in half through the chest. Her upper body falls away and her lower body stays up - until both burst into a pile of gold coins. OOC: Got her. Erad.
[21:24] <@Erad> "You said you were doing this for Malana -- stopping the army is one thing, but getting everyone eaten by Auril's frozen zombies is something entirely different." Erad says. "I'm going to give you one opportunity to put your weapons down and stop this before my friend comes over and probably sticks a claw through your body."
[21:25] <@Erad> "You have about..." Erad looks over at Rock." "I'd wager 10 seconds or so."
[21:26] <@Kotono> Coughing and gasping, "This is Auril's will! The Queen of Kabath and her army will be slaughtered and Malana can walk into Kabath unopposed. We'll be the greatest champions of our generation. Wealth, power, everything can be ours. It's not too late - stop this attack and cooperate and you'll be rich as lords. Hell, they'll make you a Lord if we put in a good word for all of you."
[21:27] <@Annerose> "Oh, was it? Than none of our commanders were involved in dispatching you?" Annerose's voice carries over. "I'm heartened at that."
[21:28] <@Erad> Erad shakes his head. "You had your opportunity. I hope you find peace someday, but I guarantee you Auril will never grant it to you." OOC: Holding for now.
[21:29] <@Kotono> Rock meanwhile takes that change, charging right in with a bellowing roar. If he cares about parlaying, he doesn't show it.
[21:29] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+12 (+2 charge, -2 PA)
[21:29] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=5]
[21:29] <@Kotono> OOC: Should have added rage, dured. My fault.
[21:29] <@Kotono> But it scratches off his armor, a bit off balance as the knight visibly flinches back. OOC: Inari'n'the knight. Go 'nari.
[21:30] <@Inari> While her phantom spear keeps stabbing at one side, Inari rushes in with her new spear. "The sooner he dies the sooner we end this ritual!" she calls. Though it would be cleaner if she had a scythe like Annerose's. Who even makes something like that? How?
[21:31] <@Inari> roll 1d20+13 charge treating new spear like +1 so add other stuff on your side Dune
[21:31] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=12]
[21:31] <@Inari> roll 1d20+12 phantom spear
[21:31] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=3]
[21:31] <@Kotono> OOC: One hit.
[21:32] <@Inari> roll 1d8+5
[21:32] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 7 > [d8=2]
[21:32] <@Erad> OOC: I'll take the held action now if I can
[21:32] <@Kotono> OOC: Sure.
[21:33] <@Erad> "You really had a chance to redeem yourself, you know." Erad says. "I'm sorry. Maybe Bahamut will smile on you and give you a chance." Erad says as his claws drip with acid and he goes to finish off this delusional fool!
[21:33] <@Erad> roll 1d20+9
[21:33] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 27 > [d20=18]
[21:33] <@Erad> roll 1d20+4
[21:33] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 22 > [d20=18]
[21:33] <@Erad> roll 1d20+4
[21:33] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=15]
[21:33] <@Kotono> OOC: Two htis.
[21:34] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+2d6+1d6+3d6+3+1d6
[21:34] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 43 > [d6=3,4,1,1,3,4,6,4,6,5]
[21:34] <@Kotono> Inari's charge is perfect. She impaled him right in the chest, the knight dropping his axe and trying to say something. However, Erad's claws go right to his face, tearing his helmet off and into his face. The acid destroys his visage as fast as you can see it - a man with graying black hair and wide blue eyes. His screams die out as he falls, head half dissolved and brains burning in Erad's
[21:34] <@Kotono> acid. OOC: Free act. Victory. Loot post.

[21:35] <@Kotono> T promply turns and walks away several steps, before falling to a knee and being loudly sick.
[21:35] * @Annerose twirls her scythe and steps over the pile of coins to rejoin the others, looking around with an eye for magic.
[21:36] <@Erad> Erad says a prayer to Bahamut to judge this man's soul for his valor in wanting to protect Malana, but nothing more. He turns to the lake to see if the snowstorm has stopped.
[21:36] <@Inari> "Sorry, T. It had to be done," Inari says apologetically, not spending any more time though and instead casting detect magic so she can study this ritual and figure out how to stop it.
[21:36] <@Inari> roll 1d20+13 spellcraft
[21:36] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 33 > [d20=20]
[21:36] <@Kotono> Rock roars, kicking the downed man. Meanwhile Amanna just advances to the ice lake, kneeling before it. Annerose can tell the armor's magical, as is the ring and potion. The lake also radiates magic. OOC: Spellcraft.
[21:36] <@Kotono> The storm is still going.
[21:36] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+13 helping Inari
[21:36] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 32 > [d20=19]
[21:36] <@Kotono> The entire pool is the focus for the storm. It has to be dispelled to stop it.
[21:37] <@Annerose> "I think I can get this," Annerose says, focusing her magic....
[21:37] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+7 tenacious dispel
[21:37] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 17 > [d20=10]
[21:38] <@Inari> "Good, because I can't dispel magic," Inari says with a little sigh at her weakened capabilities.
[21:38] <@Kotono> OOC: Loot updated.
[21:38] <@Kotono> OOC: How's tenacious dispel work?
[21:38] <@Annerose> OOC: The spell functions as a targetted dispel magic
[21:39] <@Kotono> Annerose attempts to undo the magic, but nothing happens.
[21:39] * @Annerose frowns, and tries again!
[21:39] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+7+2
[21:39] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 28 > [d20=19]
[21:40] <@Kotono> This time there's a flash of blue light as the storm shudders. The lake before you freezes over, all the ice gone. It's still snowing and gusting out there, but no more snow is coming up to further strengthen it.
[21:41] * @Annerose nods to herself in satisfaction. "Now then, I believe we must deal with the consequences."
[21:41] <@Inari> Inari goes to pat T on the back while he's being ill. At least he doesn't have long hair.
[21:42] <@Kotono> "T-thanks, 'nari," T gasps, slowly getting up, "I think the first consequence is us getting the hell out of here and back to the wagon."
[21:43] <@Kotono> "Y'know," He goes on after a second, wiping his mouth with his sleeve, "Where it's not cold enough to freeze us solid?"
[21:43] <@Inari> "Hmm... might need some help from Erad on that one..." Inari mutters, looking upwards. "Did our foes here climb up and down themselves or is there a more convenient path?"
[21:44] <@Kotono> "I would presume magic," Amanna says, "It's the usual order of these things."
[21:45] <@Annerose> "Give me a minute," Annerose voices. "I shall make a suitable staircase."
[21:45] <@Kotono> OOC: Plan's to use magic to get out then head on up and back to the wagon, then?
[21:45] <@Annerose> Gathering the residual frost magic in the air, Annerose then proceeds to do just that, ten cubic feet at a time all the way to the top.
[21:45] <@Annerose> OOC: Yes
[21:47] <@Erad> "I'll carry the other things." Erad says as he goes to collect them - except the unholy symbol, of course. That he personally will snap in half.
[21:47] <@Kotono> OOC: Post that in loot, Erad.
[21:47] <@Kotono> With magic, the trip up is unremarkable. The winds are dying down but it's still snowing heavily as you make it back to the wagon. It's cracked 5 feet of snow but isn't snowing as ferociously as before. It's slowing down. When you reach your igloo, you find Rek before a campfire. His head is down, and a little aways, lies a body covered by a sheet. He looks up, starts to say something and just
[21:47] <@Kotono> shakes his head. "She just...slipped away." He says. "Like all the warmth and life was drained out of her."
[21:48] <@Inari> "Oh no!" Inari gasps, hands going to her mouth. She'd just seemed a bit tired and under the weather!
[21:49] <@Kotono> T stops cold, staring for several long moments at the covered body. "...fuck." he finally says, closing his eyes nad looking away. His fists ball up, "Just had to be a spiteful bitch, didn't you, Auril?"
[21:50] <@Kotono> Rock sniffs and goes on over, sniffing again. "Not food," he says. "Cold. Not food."
[21:52] * @Annerose stops, much like T. But the mere sight of Helena's body like that brings tears to her eyes.
[21:53] <@Kotono> "She died a warrior," Amanna speaks up, "She deserves a warrior's funeral." Striding forward, "I will prepare her for it."
[21:54] <@Inari> "Oh, Helena..." Inari goes to kneel down by the sheet, her bedraggled soaked and smelly state not really bringing to mind a living deity as she rests a hand over Helena's body. "You were a true and loyal friend, of a sort rarely seen in today's world. You deserved better."
[21:54] <@Erad> They weren't even gone for very long! How could something like that have happened?! "I..." Erad starts, but looks down. If he had just gone back like he thought, he could've...
[21:55] <@Inari> "Wait..." she frowns, wrinkling her nose. "She doesn't smell right. Not like she's dead... she... smells like Annerose?"
[21:56] <@Erad> "...What?" Erad pulls himself out of his stupor to go over and check the b--no, check Helena.
[21:56] <@Kotono> Rocknudges the body with his foot, "Not food," he repeats, "Smell like cold."
[21:56] * @Annerose finds herself on her knees opposite Inari without even consciously thinking about it. "It's possible," she says, brushing a finger across her cheek.
[21:57] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+15 T K:N, +7 factotum
[21:57] <Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 25 > [d20=10]
[21:57] <@Inari> Inari pulls the sheet back!
[21:58] <@Kotono> "...it is, isn't it. Surrounded by Auril's power and other yuki onnas..." He advances as well. Checking her cheek, you see her face is pale and blue. Her hair is the white of new fallen snow, her skin as cold to the touch as ice.
[22:01] <@Kotono> "Is this how your kind are made?" Amanna looks over to Annerose. "The legends of women becoming ice maidens are true?"
[22:02] <@Erad> "So is she better off outside the wagon for now?" Erad asks, looking to Annerose for confirmation. "I'll do what I can but I don't have a lot of experience with, er... you know."
[22:02] <@Inari> "It must be so... how long will she take to recover?" Inari asks.
[22:03] <@Annerose> "You don't actually have to die for that," Annerose says, not looking away from Helena's face. "And it would take a truly powerful storm and considerable strength of will. Of course, most then go on to waste it by becoming Auril's minions."
[22:05] <@Kotono> "Warm..." Helena murmurs, the slightest breath taken, "Too warm."
[22:06] <@Kotono> T sighs at this and smiles, "Thank you, anyone who listened," he murmurs.
[22:06] <@Erad> roll 1d20+12 Dr. Dragon on Ice (trying to see if there's anything else obvious he can figure out)
[22:06] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 > [d20=7]
[22:06] <@Inari> Inari withdraws her warm hand away from Helena and scoots back!
[22:06] * @Annerose picks Helena up and then heads outside with her.
[22:08] <@Kotono> She seems alive, sort of? In some sort of sleep? Annerose takes her outside, the storm still blowing. Immediately Helena begins to stir in her arms.
[22:09] <@Erad> "I'll trust her judgement over my lack of anything credible to go on." Erad says. "Either way, we're probably still not going anywhere in this weather."
[22:09] <@Annerose> Amused now, Annerose pulls some of the snow from all around to cover Helena in a thin blanket of frost.
[22:11] <@Kotono> This is enough. Helena stirs, slowly opening her eyes. She looks about, her eyes now a solid ice blue. "It's wonderful," she murmurs. "How did I never notice how beautiful this was before?"
[22:14] <@Annerose> "You can just sit here and stare at it for hours," Annerose agrees. The storm isn't at fault that Auril's minions summoned it, after all.

Corwin

[21:07] <@Kowork> A night's rest. Everyone sleeps in, simple fatigue overwhelming the need for speed. Over a simple, warm breakfast of porridge, the party can see the snowfall has stopped. It's still cloudy and well below freezing, no sun to begin to melt the great snowdrifts. "So," T announces, "The big question: Now what do we do?"
[21:08] <@Kowork> Helena lingers by the exit, sitting in a pile of snow. She's just smiling contentedly, seemingly off in her own world for now.
[21:08] <@Erad> "Well, we surely can't just sit here." Erad says. "We should probably try and press on as much as we can, using Annerose and perhaps now Helena's ability to try and speed us along through the snow and ice? Rock and I can try and clear out as much as we can ahead of the wagon."
[21:09] <Tifa> "What we do is pretty simple," Annerose responds. "We head to Adamantium. It's what we can do to stop the war through other means that matters," she continues with a look at Amanna.
[21:09] <@Inari> "We have to wait for the snow to melt some before we can move anyway," Inari says. "There's no way we're getting the wagon through five feet of snow and no roads. Clearing it is impractical for the sort of journey we have ahead of us - you'd be exhausted before we covered half a mile."
[21:10] <@Kowork> "War? Hah. If half this snow reached the front lines, there's no war now. Only paralyzed troops." Amanna says. "No army can fight in this mess."
[21:11] <Tifa> "Which makes for a chance to negotiate," Annerose points out.
[21:13] <@Kowork> "Or a chance to decimate an overwhelmed army. All of our mobile troops are trapped and our main forces are stuck in snow. Those that don't succumb to cold and hunger will be easy pickings." With a bitter note in her voice, "If Malana isn't a nation of fools, this war's all but over."
[21:14] <Tifa> "Who do you have on your side that is trustworthy, honorable and in a high enough command position?"
[21:15] <@Kowork> "Y'know, we could make an informed decision. If moving ahead isn't practical," T looks about, "And I think I agree with them, Erad; we need to find a way to find out what's going on. Someone who can fly above this entire mess and make good time."
[21:16] <@Erad> "Very well. What do you want me to do then, just get a situation report from the air and come back?" He asks. "As previously discussed, stopping at Adamantine by myself probably won't have much of any impact."
[21:19] <@Kowork> "Right now? Everyonew ants war," Amanna says, "It'll come down to Queen Penelope and her decision in this situation. She keeps a tight rein on power. But she's pragmatic enough to know when a battle is lost."
[21:19] <@Kowork> "Sure, unless anyone has a better idea," T remarks.
[21:22] * Shizuru is now known as Annerose
[21:23] <@Annerose> "Does the queen take to the battlefield?"
[21:23] <@Kowork> "Of course she does," Amanna says, "She's a warrior."
[21:24] <@Inari> "I hope this doesn't come to another duel..." Inari says, ears drooping.
[21:24] <@Annerose> "And what would happen if we were to show up at her camp along with you?
[21:24] <@Annerose> "
[21:25] <@Kowork> T reaches over and ruffles Inari's drooping ears. "Then we'll find a way to knock her flat on her royal ass."
[21:26] <@Kowork> Amanna considers for  abrief time, "It's difficult to say, as the situation may be unstable. But if I can talk to her, I may well be able to manage something."
[21:26] <@Erad> "She wouldn't just execute you for failing?" Erad asks. "No offense meant, but you hear a lot of stories about that sort of thing."
[21:27] <@Annerose> "A monarch that executes her people for things outside their control will not remain one for long."
[21:27] <@Inari> "Speaking of..." Inari says, giving T a little smile before regarding the others, "We should get our stories straight for what happened last night. If the undead plague was an official strategy for Malana we don't want to be known for stopping it, do we?"
[21:28] <@Annerose> "I think we do," Annerose responds, shaking her head. "So long as our own stops both it and the war itself."
[21:29] <@Erad> "I won't lie about doing the right thing." Erad insists. "In a case like this, doing good trumps being right, I think."
[21:30] <@Kowork> "Depends. If this was old Jack's play, he may or may not be officially sanctioned." T muses, "But all reports indicate Franz is more interested in his own diversions than what Maggen's up to."
[21:30] <@Inari> "I'd rather not be executed for treason," Inari says. "Better to just say we were snowed in and let people believe Kabath's special forces did the deed?"
[21:31] <@Kowork> Helena lazily looks over to the others, "Mmm. I think we can pull it off. We have reason to be here, so it shouldn't be that suspicious."
[21:32] <@Annerose> "I wabnt to try ending the war in the here and now," Annerose says. "Without further bloodshed. Perhaps we should split up?"
[21:35] <@Kowork> "Right," T says, "So how do we split up and why? What's the plan?"
[21:37] <@Annerose> "Heading to the fortress with the supplies makes sense, as soon as it's possible. So is contacting the commander, as he was our goal from the start. And if something can be done, it may well be from the Kabath end, by seeking an audience with Queen Penelope." Looking amused, she adds, "If it's a duel she wants, a duel she shall have."
[21:38] <@Inari> "Well, you, Helena, and Erad can probably make haste to find Queen Penelope, the rest of us will have to sit tight for a little while before we can even think about heading for the fortress," Inari says. "So I suppose that decides the split?"
[21:40] <@Erad> "I could fly to Adamantine with something from the catacombs to get the process started. It'd also save time to make sure we know what the condition of the fortress is -- we've been working on the assumption that it hasn't fallen, which may not be the case." Erad says. "But I'm a bit more flexible since the weather isn't going to slow me down any."
[21:42] <@Kowork> "If you go to Her Majesty, I should go," Amanna says, "I can get you an audience far easier."
[21:43] <@Annerose> "Perhaps if Erad helped carry you, while Helena slowly made a path for the wagon to the fortress?"
[21:46] <@Kowork> "Won't work," T remarks laconically, then goes on. "Erad doesn't have the muscle to manage that at a workable speed. Send the three ahead who can do it while the rest of us try and do something."
[21:48] <@Erad> "It's one thing to carry someone, it's another to carry someone and all the gear, unfortunately." Erad says.
[21:49] <@Annerose> "So if I brought the armor, it would become possible?"
[21:50] <@Kowork> "We could try," Amanna finally says. OOC: What's your str score, Erad?
[21:52] <@Erad> OOC: 14
[21:57] <@Kowork> Amanna strips down to her underclothes - simple linen and underwear, her legs bare. You can see the muscles there, well defined. On picking Amanna up, he finds...OOC: She weighs 140 pound with underclothes, she's pretty solidly built. What does that + your gear weigh?
[21:57] <@Kowork> OOC: Ballpark's fine if you don't have a solid number for it all.
[21:58] <@Erad> OOC: I'd guess his gear weighs around 10 pounds, give or take
[22:00] <@Kowork> Erad fights that it's a lot to carry. He can get her off the ground, but carrying that much doesn't look to be terribly viable. It's just too much weight ot lug long distance. Dropping her, fatigue and general slowdowns would be assured.
[22:01] <@Erad> "Unless I had something to bolster my strength for a long time, I just don't think it'd work out." Erad says with a frown. "I'd say jump on my back, but with wings that might complicate things even more. Do we even know where her camp is?"
[22:03] <@Kowork> "Near the fortress," Amanna says, arms crossed. Despite the cold she doesn't seem bothered at all.
[22:04] <@Annerose> "Wait. That's right, isn't it. We can make most of the way together," Annerose muses. "What if Rock cleared the main path, and I helped widen it with Helena? If we each took a side, we might at least get somewhere. Slowly, but better than anyone else."
[22:07] <@Erad> "Doesn't that take us back to the start of the conversation?" Erad asks.
[22:07] <@Inari> "I can use magic so you won't feel the cold, Rock," Inari says, giving the troll a sympathetic look at being used for such burdensome work.
[22:08] <@Kowork> "Sure does. Round and round we go," T drawls.
[22:09] <@Kowork> Rock grunts, "Cold not fire. Cold okay."
[22:09] <@Annerose> "Partway," Annerose agrees, nodding at Erad. "Once we're close enough, we can split up along the lines we discussed."
[22:10] <@Annerose> "Perhaps it is taking a bit more time than it should in a perfect world," Annerose drawls right back at T. "And we do go a bit in circles. But if any topic is worth it, surely the fate of our nations and our people qualifies?"
[22:12] <@Erad> "I'm not much of a diplomat, so if we're sending someone to Queen Penelope along with Amanna, it should probably not be me."
[22:12] <@Annerose> "If we're going to be close enough, then I would welcome anyone who wishes to help bring about peace."
[22:14] <@Erad> "In that case, I think my heading to the fortress with something from the catacombs would be the best first step." Erad says. "Then they can be prepared for our arrival."
[22:14] <@Inari> "How do people in Kabath feel about non-humans?" Inari asks Amanna. "These ears and tails make me rather unpopular here in Malana, so I wouldn't want to hurt our chances with my presence."
[22:15] <@Annerose> "Perhaps," Anneroses muses as Erad brings the option up again. "I think it would be best to wait until we're closer, in case you come across something that blindsides you on your own."
[22:16] <@Erad> "I don't disagree." Erad says. "I'll scout ahead at least a few miles. It isn't like much will be moving anyway, so we'll have time to prepare."
[22:16] <@Kowork> "About the same. There's far fewer elves than Malana, so they're viewed poorly. There's a scattering of goblin and lizardmen tribes to the west, but most of them are cowed or wiped out."
[22:16] * @Annerose pouts at Inari's words. "Well, I happen to think they're adorable."
[22:17] <@Inari> "So did most people back before I was sealed away," Inari insists. "There's been quite a culture shift here in the past few centuries."
[22:19] <@Annerose> "Frankly, I think Kabath will need to deal. But if it makes you uncomfortable to endure the stares...."
[22:20] <@Inari> "I'll get the same stares at Adamantine," Inari points out. "I simply don't want to jeapordise any talks right from the start by having Queen Penelope feel insulted for my presence."
[22:21] <@Kowork> "Be that as it may, we should get going if we're going," T says, "We may be on another time limit. If the siege weakens enough, Malana may make a counterattack. Snow or not, if they're that weak, they may well crack them entirely. There's no chance for peace if Kabath's army is beaten and Queen Penelope is in chains."
[22:22] <@Erad> "All right, then let me go take a look at what we're dealing with." Erad says.
[22:23] <@Annerose> "I'm willing to take the risk," Annerose tells Inari. "It's not like this is a done deal otherwise." She nods at Erad and T. "We have the beginning of a plan. Let's get going."
[22:24] <@Inari> Inari then casts resist cold on Rock. And T and Amanna because why not? It'd go to waste otherwise.
[22:24] <@Inari> OOC: mass resist, 70 minutes of cold res 10
[22:24] <@Kowork> OOC: So noted.
[22:25] <@Kowork> Going out, yo ufind the snow is a bit over 5ft with drifts massively higher. There's no sunlight, dark and heavy clouds rendering it almost as dark as night. There's a purple cast to the sky, like an angry bruise. Like this the party beginst o make slow progress. (More)
[22:25] <@Kowork> roll 1d100+25 (+25 for reasons)
[22:25] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 44 >12 [d100=19]
[22:28] <@Kowork> It's slow going - quarter speed at most, like dense forest. But Rock seems nigh inexhaustible as he plows through the snow. Noon comes and passes, a chilly wind starting to blow. As the party fords on, "You know," T murmurs, "This'll be bad for all the villages that weren't already sacked here. This isn't going to help with the coming winter." Meanwhile, Rock stops ahead with a loud, pained
[22:28] <@Kowork> grunt.
[22:28] <@Inari> "Rock! Are you alright?" Inari asks, jumping off the front of the wagon and running towards him.
[22:29] <@Annerose> "If I could wave my hands and use the power of love to will the snow away, I would," Annerose deadpans.
[22:29] <@Kowork> "Mmm, I wish there was more," Helena's voice is a little dreamy, "I know it's wrong, but it seems so right, too. Is it always like this, Annerose?"
[22:30] <@Erad> Erad looks down from the air!
[22:30] <@Annerose> "You grow out of it in a century-- oh, Rock! What's wrong?"
[22:30] <@Kowork> Inari rushes to the front as Erad looks down. The two can see a dome of ice perhaps a foot tall and three feet in diameter. It's made of black ice with a purple mist clinging to it.
[22:31] <@Kowork> Rock shakes his foot, "Hit foot," he grunts.
[22:31] <@Erad> "What the...?" Erad will fly down and hover 15 ft above the dome.
[22:31] <@Inari> "Oh, I don't like the look of that," Inari says, casting detect magic and giving it a look over.
[22:31] <@Inari> roll 1d20+13 spellcraft
[22:32] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 33 >12 [d20=20]
[22:33] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5+5 K:P
[22:33] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 12 >12 [d20=2]
[22:33] <@Kowork> The ice radiates faint magic. It's foulness - tainted with a blackness that absorbs and numbs the mind. It's nothing that has a place in this world. Meanwhile Annerose draws a blank.
[22:34] <@Annerose> "It doesn't seem like it belongs," Anneroses muses, coming closer. "Rock, how is your foot? Does it still hurt?"
[22:34] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8 Planar Dragon
[22:34] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 12 >12 [d20=4]
[22:34] <@Kowork> Erad also manages to draw a complete blank.
[22:34] <@Kowork> "Foot okay," Rock kicks at some nearby snow.
[22:34] <@Inari> "Nothing a little fire won't fix," Inari says. "Stand back Rock," she urges, making sure he clears some room before she pits foxfire against black ice!
[22:35] <@Erad> "Well, it doesn't look right, whatever it is." Erad says.
[22:35] <@Inari> roll 1d20+8 ranged touch if needed
[22:35] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 16 >12 [d20=8]
[22:35] <@Inari> roll 7d6 fire
[22:35] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 29 >12 [d6=3,6,5,3,5,4,3]
[22:35] <@Inari> roll 1d4 recharge
[22:35] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 4 >12 [d4=4]
[22:36] <@Kowork> Foxfire meets black ice, melting it. Black vapors rise up from it, a choking foulness tormenting your nose before it fades away. Beneath it, you can see the grass there is dead, gone and withered, leaving only barren earth.
[22:36] * @Annerose draws back from both fire and foulness.
[22:37] <@Erad> Erad wrinkles his nose. "I bet this is where those abominations would've come from that I saw in my vision."
[22:37] <@Inari> "There could be more like this, like traps yet to be sprung," Inari says. "Be careful Rock, and shout if you see anything like it again?"
[22:38] <@Annerose> "And Helena, if you needed a reason to see why Auril is terrible, well...." Annerose shrugs.

Corwin

[20:06] <@Kowork> Night comes early as Sess 43 ends. It's still well below freezing and thickly cloud covered. The cloud cover hastenes the fall of night and the party (save for two) stay close to the fire for warmth. This serenity is broken by a faraway sound, carrying on the wind. A woman's howl, a scream of unbridled sorrow and fury.
[20:08] <@Inari> Inari's ears twitch in response to the sound. "Someone doesn't sound happy..." she observes, standing up and looking in the direction the howl came from.
[20:08] <@Erad> Erad turns his attention in that direction with an immediate frown as he moves to get to his feet. "I don't think there are any circumstances where that bodes well."
[20:10] <@Kowork> Helena turns as well, "What is that?"
[20:11] <@Kowork> "That can't be good," T seconds as a few get up. All around you is snow - no immediate sign of anything? OOC: Perception.
[20:12] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+11 T
[20:12] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 20 >12 [d20=9]
[20:12] <@Erad> roll 1d20+14 Attentive Dragon
[20:12] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 26 >12 [d20=12]
[20:12] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+12 Helena
[20:12] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 32 >12 [d20=20]
[20:12] <@Kowork> roll 1d20-1 Rock
[20:12] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 2 >12 [d20=3]
[20:12] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2
[20:12] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 16 >12 [d20=14]
[20:12] <@Inari> roll 1d2014
[20:12] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 430 >12 [d2014=430]
[20:12] <@Inari> roll 1d20+14
[20:12] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 20 >12 [d20=6]
[20:14] <@Kowork> Erad can hear another wail, farther away. It's coming from the north. Helena turns that way as well, "How curious," she murmurs, voice dreamy. "Such sorrow, like a mother separated from her child." A pause, "Do we actually do that, Annerose?"
[20:14] <@Kowork> Amanna peeks out of the wagon and then comes out, "What in the name of Tempus' sword is that noise?"
[20:14] <@Annerose> "Do what, Helena?"
[20:16] <@Kowork> "Abduct children," Helena says, "As the stories say.
[20:16] <@Kowork> "
[20:16] <@Annerose> "Of course not! What's wrong with you?!"
[20:17] <@Kowork> "Ahem," T smoothly cuts in, "Point is that something's out there. Think it's one of Auril's surprises?"
[20:18] * @Annerose takes a calming breath before asking those with sharper ears, "How far?"
[20:18] <@Erad> "Well, either way, I think it best to at least try and take a look into what's going on. It doesn't sound that far away." Erad says. "I could scout ahead a bit." Erad looks over at T. "IT could be Auril herself howling over the loss of one of her snowmaidens. I somehow doubt that, considering.... everything, but maybe it's something related to the one we killed."
[20:19] <@Inari> "Even goddesses can be sad sometimes," Inari says. "But I don't think Auril would cry where people can hear her."
[20:20] <@Kowork> "Yeah, probably," T agrees, "So the question is, do we do anything about this?"
[20:21] <@Erad> "Yes, obviously we do." Erad answers immediately as he starts to fly in place. "Torch Bearers don't turn their light away from something because it might be scary."
[20:21] <@Inari> "We may as well have a look," Inari nods, turning into her lighter fox form and climbing up onto the hopefully decently packed snowdrifts so she can head in the direction she heard the howling from.
[20:22] <@Kowork> OOC: How heavy is your fox form?
[20:22] <@Annerose> "We should, yes," Annerose concurs.
[20:24] <@Inari> OOC: say 25lbs?
[20:25] <@Kowork> OOC: Okay.
[20:25] <@Kowork> OOC: So who's going? Erad, Inari, Annerose and Helena can all make it through the unplowed snow just fine. Others have obvious problems.
[20:26] <@Annerose> OOC: Just us
[20:28] <@Kowork> The four advance on. Helena and Annerose simply walk atop the snow, supporting them without the slightest crumbling. Inari runs along it, easily staying atop it and making fine progress. Erad takes the skies, leading along on point. The howlings become louder and louder, and 250ft ahead you all can see it. A figure pulsing with blue light, a wild haired woman in ratty dress. She constantly howls,
[20:28] <@Kowork> the sounds hurting your ears.  She walks atop the snow without any sign of it giving way beneath her. The light she sheds reflects off the show, illuminating her and all around her.
[20:29] <@Inari> OOC: any knowledge to know wtf her deal is?
[20:31] <@Kowork> OOC: K:R.
[20:31] <@Inari> roll 1d20+13
[20:31] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 16 >12 [d20=3]
[20:31] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+13 K:R
[20:31] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 26 >12 [d20=13]
[20:32] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8 Sure why not Dragon
[20:32] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 21 >12 [d20=13]
[20:33] <@Kowork> Inari can't recall. Annerose and Erad can, however. The creature here is a banshee. A restless spirit of a woman scorned. They normally haunt places related to them, so what one is doing out here is anyone's guess. Their screams deal sonic damage and more damage as you get closer. They're also immune to cold, fire and sonic, as well as the typical array of undead immunities.
[20:34] <@Annerose> "Banshee," Annerose hisses. "A restless one, too. Undead, fire and ice are useless."
[20:35] <@Erad> Erad makes a face. "Well, this is going to limit our options."
[20:36] <@Annerose> "Should've brought the scythe," Annerose mutters, before raising her voice. "Who are you, spirit? What do you seek here?"
[20:36] <@Inari> "Hello?" Inari calls out to the howling undead just in case it can be reasoned with and willingly wants to be put to rest. It could happen!
[20:36] <@Kowork> No response ot them, only more howling.
[20:37] <@Erad> "I think she's too far gone by now." Erad says with a frown.
[20:37] <@Inari> "We're going to put you to rest," Inari says, approaching now. "It's best if you don't resist."
[20:39] <@Kowork> OOC: How close are you getting.
[20:39] <@Inari> OOC: 30 feet so I can turn undead
[20:39] * @Annerose seeks to come just within range of her most useful spell for this!
[20:39] <@Annerose> OOC: 170ft
[20:40] <@Erad> OOC: I'll go 70 ft.
[20:40] <@Inari> roll 1d8+5+2d8+7 retroactive T healz
[20:40] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 21 >12 [d8=1,5,3]
[20:43] <@Kowork> As the party comes within 200ft of the banshee, the screams become louder. Pain erupts in their ears from them as....
[20:43] <@Kowork> roll 1d6 sonic, no save, init here since yo'ure entering a danger zone.
[20:43] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 1 >12 [d6=1]
[20:44] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+5 Banshee
[20:44] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 19 >12 [d20=14]
[20:44] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2
[20:44] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 19 >12 [d20=17]
[20:45] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5+5
[20:45] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 23 >12 [d20=13]
[20:45] * Kowork changes topic to 'Annerose(23)>Banshee=Erad(19)'
[20:45] <@Inari> roll 1d20+2
[20:45] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 11 >12 [d20=9]
[20:45] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+6 Helena
[20:45] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 18 >12 [d20=12]
[20:45] * Kowork changes topic to 'Annerose(23)>Banshee=Erad(19)>Helena(18)>Inari(Miko 11)'
[20:47] <@Kowork> OOC: Open Annerose.
[20:48] * @Annerose dashes forward!
[20:50] <@Kowork> OOC: How far?
[20:51] <@Annerose> OOC: 120ft
[20:53] <@Kowork> Getting closer, Annerose can see that the woman's face is twisted, lined and angry. It's a horriying mask, skin stretched to the point of being leathery. The woman's gaze is transfixed on the sky, eyesockets empty. As this happens...OOC: Erad and Banshee are up. I'll resolve the banshee first.
[20:54] <@Kowork> A further howling comes, pain returning to all. Annerose finds it even worse now, the sound making her ears pop and warmth run down the sides of her head.
[20:54] <@Kowork> roll 2d6 Annerose
[20:54] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 6 >12 [d6=2,4]
[20:54] <@Kowork> roll 1d6 Inari, Erad and Helena
[20:54] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 4 >12 [d6=4]
[20:55] <@Kowork> HElena staggers slightly at this, a hand going to her ears. "Blood?" she murmurs, slowly blinking. The lethargic dreaminess seems to fade for her as she readies her shield.
[20:57] <@Erad> OOC: Good to go?
[20:57] <@Kowork> OOC: Yes go.
[20:57] <@Erad> Erad winces from the noise. "Too bad I can't just make myself deaf at will..." Erad flies in and takes an acid-soaked punch at the banshee!
[20:57] <@Erad> roll 1d20+11
[20:57] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 22 >12 [d20=11]
[21:00] <@Erad> OOC: Scratch that since there was apparently a misunderstanding on the earlier question about how close we were all getting
[21:01] <@Erad> OOC: I'll go 140 ft closer to it
[21:04] <@Kowork> Erad flies closer, 60ft away now. The sound is painfully sharper here, echoing in his head. Helena meanwhile dashes across the snow at a run, coming to within 20ft of her. OOC: Run action for her plus movement speed boosters.Inari.
[21:04] <@Inari> Inari runs on a mad dash straight at the banshee! OOC: run action to cover 160 feet
[21:06] <@Kowork> Inari sprints on, coming to within 40t of the banshee. She continues to wail, uncaring of everything else there. OOC: Annerose.
[21:06] <@Annerose> Magic assists Annerose in coming just within range as she chooses to go to the left! Then, she fires her sadly meager ray of positive energy at the undead.
[21:07] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+9 ranged touch, 35ft away
[21:07] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 16 >12 [d20=7]
[21:07] <@Kowork> OOC: Hit.
[21:07] <@Annerose> roll 1d6
[21:07] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 5 >12 [d6=5]
[21:08] <@Kowork> The beam hit the banshee right on, making her howl in pain. Smoke rises from the impact on her leg, whirling about nad howling even louder this close. OOC: Banshee and Erad, I'll sort the banshee first.
[21:08] <@Kowork> roll 4d6 Helena
[21:08] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 9 >12 [d6=1,2,5,1]
[21:09] <@Kowork> roll 4d6 Annerose and Inari
[21:09] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 9 >12 [d6=1,2,2,4]
[21:09] <@Kowork> OOC: Strike.
[21:09] <@Kowork> roll 3d6 Annerose and Inari
[21:09] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 8 >12 [d6=2,2,4]
[21:09] <@Kowork> roll 2d6 Erad
[21:09] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 7 >12 [d6=2,5]
[21:10] <@Kowork> More pain as ears pop and bodies shake from the sound. It's overwhelming, hearing becoming difficult as...OOC: Erad.
[21:10] <@Erad> Erad will fly in and try and land an acid-soaked punch on the banshee! The faster they disable this thing, the faster this noise stops!
[21:11] <@Erad> roll 1d20+11
[21:11] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 29 >12 [d20=18]
[21:21] <@Kowork> OOC: Hit.
[21:23] <@Erad> OOC: Is there a miss chance?
[21:23] <@Kowork> OOC: No.
[21:23] <@Erad> OOC: thank goodness
[21:23] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+2d6+1d6 2d6 is acid and the 1d6 is good if the banshee counts as evil
[21:23] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 25 >12 [d6=5,4,4,2,1,6]
[21:24] <@Kowork> Right in the face! Direct hit! The banshee reels back from Erad's blow, face smoking and dripping with acid. She wails even louder, the sound utterly overwhelming this close up. Helena takes the chance, charing in with a cry lost amid the banshee's sonic assault.
[21:24] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+13 (+2 charge)
[21:24] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 25 >12 [d20=12]
[21:25] <@Kowork> roll 1d6+5+2d6
[21:25] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 10 >12 [d6=2,2,1]
[21:25] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+9 free trip
[21:25] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 21 >12 [d20=12]
[21:26] <@Kowork> OOC: No daze since the feat notes undead are immune to it.
[21:26] <@Kowork> The impact hits the banshee right in the front, knocking her back further. But not down, still up and making such abysmal noise. OOC: Inari.
[21:26] <@Inari> Closing in after the rest, Inari doesn't bother changing form and simply channels positive energy in a burst around herself once she's within ten feet of the banshee!
[21:26] <@Inari> roll 3d6 DC 20 will half
[21:26] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 7 >12 [d6=1,1,5]
[21:26] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+10 Will
[21:26] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 26 >12 [d20=16]
[21:28] <@Inari> roll 1d6 more
[21:28] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 5 >12 [d6=5]
[21:29] <@Kowork> The energy makes the banshee's entire body smoke as healing energy buffets her. Her howling is even more miserable here, far too close to the banshee. OOC: Annerose.
[21:31] * @Annerose fires off another ray!
[21:31] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+9
[21:31] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 14 >12 [d20=5]
[21:31] <@Kowork> But this time Annerose misses, as...OOC: Banshee and Erad are up. Banshee first.
[21:31] <@Kowork> This close to the banshee, the sound is apocalyptic for Erad and Annerose.
[21:31] <@Kowork> roll 10d6 and fort Erad and Annerose, all sonic damage
[21:31] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 46 >12 [d6=6,5,6,4,5,6,2,5,3,4]
[21:32] <@Annerose> OOC: I'm 35ft away
[21:32] <@Kowork> OOC: Helena, sorry.
[21:32] <@Kowork> OOC: Mixed up my ice girls.
[21:32] <@Kowork> roll 1d20+8 Helena
[21:32] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 27 >12 [d20=19]
[21:32] <@Kowork> roll 5d6 Inari
[21:32] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 18 >12 [d6=5,2,4,1,6]
[21:33] <@Kowork> roll 3d6 Annerose
[21:33] <@Erad> roll 1d20+13+2 mettle (using True Believer)
[21:33] <Serith> Kowork roll for Serith < 9 >12 [d6=2,3,4]
[21:33] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 26 >12 [d20=11]
[21:33] <@Kowork> OOC: Both made the save, so carry on. Go Erad.
[21:34] <@Erad> Erad takes a breath, shouting over that infernal noise. "I probably only have one more shot at this, so I'm taking it!" with that, Erad goes into a series of punches and kicks, trying to get rid of this thing before it gets rid of him!
[21:35] <@Erad> roll 1d20+10
[21:35] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 21 >12 [d20=11]
[21:35] <@Erad> roll 1d20+5+5 smite evil
[21:35] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 23 >12 [d20=13]
[21:35] <@Erad> roll 1d20+5
[21:35] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 6 >12 [d20=1]
[21:35] <@Kowork> OOC: Two htis.
[21:35] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+2d6+1d6 2d6 is acid and 1d6 is good
[21:35] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 28 >12 [d6=5,6,1,6,2,5]
[21:35] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+5+1d6 smite evil is here
[21:35] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 20 >12 [d6=4,1,4,3]
[21:37] <@Kowork> The blows become a double axe handle, slamming into the skull of the banshee. There's a horrible crack as her skull shatters, scream at last stopping as her mouth is torn apart. With her head crumbling around her and long rotten brains falling ot the snow, the banshee's arms wave about as she stumbles andf alls, bleeding out black blood on to the snow. The song has been stopped. OOC: Free act.
[21:38] <@Kowork> Helena falls to her knees, crying out softly and holding her head.
[21:39] <@Erad> Erad then falls down into the snow, panting. He says a prayer to Bahamut in his mind because his ears are still ringing and probably damaged somewhat from all of that.
[21:39] <@Inari> Inari tranasforms back into her humanoid form and puts a hand to her head to heal her maimed ears. "That was awful!"
[21:39] <@Inari> roll 2d8+7 cure moderate
[21:39] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 18 >12 [d8=3,8]
[21:39] <@Inari> Then Helena and Erad get some!
[21:39] <@Inari> roll 2d8+7 Erad
[21:39] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 19 >12 [d8=6,6]
[21:39] <@Inari> roll 2d8+7 Helena
[21:39] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 18 >12 [d8=5,6]
[21:40] * @Annerose comes over to Helena and kneels in front of her. "It's alright, Erad put it to rest."
[21:41] <@Kowork> "Y-yeah." Helena looks up as her injuries are mended, "Good. But why was it out here?"
[21:42] <@Erad> "Well, why do any undead linger?" Erad asks as he pulls himself to his feet.
[21:42] <@Inari> "Good question," Inari says. "There's no tracks or anything to follow. Maybe that ritual managed to get a few undead through even if not the desired horde?"
[21:43] <@Erad> "You think there's another one of those..." Erad gestures with a sour face. "Horrible things under this snow?"
[21:44] <@Annerose> "Want to spend a few moments looking for broken purple ice?"
[21:44] <@Inari> "It's worth a look?" Inari hazards, turning back into her fox form and starting to dig her way down under where the banshee stood.
[21:45] <@Kowork> OOC: Survival or Perception checks anyone who is digging, whichever is better.
[21:45] <@Erad> roll 1d20+14 Perception
[21:45] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 26 >12 [d20=12]
[21:45] <@Inari> roll 1d20+14 perception
[21:45] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 18 >12 [d20=4]
[21:49] <@Kowork> Erad goes digging with Inari. Oddly enough it's not the fox who finds something, but Erad instead. Must be all those burrowing dragons. Anyway, there's a little cleft in the earth, about 5ft wide, 3ft long and quite dark.
[21:50] <@Erad> Erad will call the others over to it! OOC: Is there any kind of smell like the last one?
[21:50] <@Inari> Coming back up out of her foxhole Inari shakes herself off and goes to see what Erad's found.
[21:53] <@Kowork> OOC: No unusual smell.
[21:54] <@Kowork> Helena comes on over, "A hole in the ground," she asks, "What about it?"
[21:54] <@Inari> "Maybe the banshee came from it?" Inari speculates.
[21:54] <@Annerose> "Maybe," Annerose muses, looking for any traces of magic.
[21:56] <@Erad> OOC: Is it around the same size as the other black ice we found? Give or take a little?
[21:59] * Tifa (uid69210@charlton.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
[22:01] <@Kowork> No sign of magic.
[22:01] <@Kowork> It isn't quite the same size but it's in the ballpark, perhaps.
[22:02] * @Annerose shrugs. "Erad, can you look up and take a look around?" she asks.
[22:02] <@Annerose> *fly up
[22:03] <@Erad> "I think it's a reasonable assumption to think those things break open and bring spirits or undead here." Erad says with a nod to Annerose, before he takes off to take a look from the air!
[22:04] <@Inari> "And do they dig holes as well?" Inari asks. "The one I burnt defouled the earth, perhaps if left alone they eat away at it?"
[22:04] <@Kowork> Erad flies up. There's not a lot of light with clouds and nighttime, but he an see lots of snow below. Snow, snow, snow and more snow.
[22:05] <@Annerose> "The other spot did feel foul," Anneroses muses, looking for any signs of evil.
[22:05] <@Erad> Erad will come back down. "I don't see any more spirits, if that helps any, but I don't see anything else."
[22:09] <@Inari> "I'll have a look down the hole," Inari says, sending some foxfire down it to light the way before she crawls inside.
[22:09] <@Kowork> No sign of evil here.
[22:09] <@Kowork> OOC: Climbing down?
[22:09] <@Inari> OOC: yes
[22:09] * @Annerose shrugs again. "Let's get back and go to sleep?"
[22:09] <@Kowork> OOC: Climb check.
[22:10] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3
[22:10] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 23 >12 [d20=20]
[22:13] <@Kowork> It's an easy enough climb, 40ft down. Here you find it opens up into the roof of a deeper cavern. Below is an assortment of ancient, crumbled buildings. Several dozen, lying about in a pattern that suggests streets and the like.
[22:14] <@Inari> roll 1d20+10 history, might this be old enough for my history knowledge to matter?
[22:14] <Serith> Inari roll for Serith < 16 >12 [d20=6]
[22:18] <@Kowork> Something niggles at Inari's mind - a lost city? Something about a past war, but she can't recal lit.
[22:20] <@Inari> Turning around Inari climbs back up. "There's an entire city down there," she says, sounding a bit surprised. "It vaguely tickles my memory - I think it's one from even long before my time."
[22:20] <@Erad> Erad blinks. "A city?" He rubs his chin. Hasn't he heard of that before when he was younger...?
[22:20] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8 History Dragon
[22:20] <@Annerose> "That's marginally more interesting than sleep," Annerose grudgingly allows. "Let's take a look!"
[22:20] <Serith> Erad roll for Serith < 27 >12 [d20=19]
[22:22] <@Inari> "Just be careful not to slip, it's a tricky climb and you might end up taking a tumble," Inari warns, leading the way back down again.
[22:22] <@Kowork> It clicks in Erad's mind. He remembers now - the Battle of the Wilds. Centuries and centuries ago, the forces of Malana and the tribes of Kabath met in a battle over a city. The ruler of the city wanted no part of it and tried to use magic to stop it. She succeeded - and her city was swallowed in the earth, killing her subjects and much of the armies. In grief she was said to have been accursed
[22:22] <@Kowork> for her pride and foolishness, never to rest.
[22:23] * @Annerose decides to use a rope, giving one end to Helena and slowly climbing down.
[22:24] <@Erad> "Hang on." Erad calls after the others. "I remember now. You may not have heard since it's more of a local tale. Basically, Malana and Kabath fought some hundreds of years ago and the city got buried by the ruler -- she never forgave herself for the mistake of killing her subjects. It's called the Battle of the Wilds if you ever wanted to look into it."
[22:26] <@Annerose> The ancient knowledge is aptly named, as Annerose tries to use Erad's explanation to recall any specifics about the city.
[22:26] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+8+5 history
[22:26] <Serith> Annerose roll for Serith < 15 >12 [d20=2]
[22:27] <@Inari> "I don't think we have time to fully explore it, but it's certainly worth a look isn't it?"
[22:27] <@Annerose> "It's interesting to take a look," Annerose agrees. "And if any of the magic that buried the city remains, worthwhile to study it."
[22:28] <@Erad> "Well, it's certainly not going anywhere." Erad agrees. "Now that we know where it is we can find it again once we have more time."

Corwin

[20:17] <@Kotono> OOC: If y'all are going down that way, make climb checks so we can get this going already.
[20:18] <@Annerose> roll 1d20 climb, I have rope!
[20:18] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20 climb, I have rope! --> [ 1d20=17 ]{17}
[20:18] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2 I suppose even if I fall I have slow fall
[20:18] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+2 I suppose even if I fall I have slow fall --> [ 1d20=13 ]{15}
[20:18] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3 lets climb!
[20:18] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+3 lets climb! --> [ 1d20=19 ]{22}
[20:21] <@Kotono> The party climbs on down without incident. You come down at the edge of the ruins, ancient buildings in shambles. It's quiet and cold here, a silence that stretches long as you reach the bottom. Ahead are is a rubble filled street, still intact after who knows how many centuries.
[20:22] * @Annerose heads down the street, looking for any familiar house markings or language.
[20:23] <@Erad> Erad will look around from the air for anything that looks out of the ordinary!
[20:23] <@Erad> OOC: Well... as high up in the air as he can go and vision permits.
[20:23] <@Inari> Inari has her foxfire radiate out around the party, playing eerie lights across the forgotten city as she slowly walks after Annerose, looking this way and that.
[20:26] <@Kotono> OOC: PErception checks, all.
[20:27] <@Inari> roll 1d20+14
[20:27] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+14 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{32}
[20:27] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2 I see everything
[20:27] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+2 I see everything --> [ 1d20=7 ]{9}
[20:29] <@Kotono> OOC: Or not. EraD?
[20:34] <@Kotono> OOC: Could someone roll for Erad since he's gone awaydragon on us?
[20:34] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+9 Erad
[20:34] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+9 Erad --> [ 1d20=6 ]{15}
[20:35] <@Annerose> OOC: Maybe +5 to that? Not sure how he counts.
[20:36] <@Kotono> OOC: That's fine.
[20:38] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+12 Helena
[20:38] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+12 Helena --> [ 1d20=10 ]{22}
[20:38] <@Kotono> The party starts to explore inwards. It's indeed an ancient ruin, many of the buildings impossible to enter due to caved roofs. You go down the first street, breath misting from Annerose as Helena follows her, joined by Inari a bit behind. Erad takes to the skies as Inari looks about. As the two frostmaidens pass a half crumbled building, she catches sight of something starting to come out of
[20:38] <@Kotono> the alley to both their sides. A shadow, barely anything at all - but Inari's eyes are sharp enough to note it, as it reaches for HElena
[20:38] <@Kotono> .
[20:40] <@Inari> "Helena, move!" Inari shouts, lunging forward!
[20:45] <@Kotono> Helena leaps back just in time, dodging a swipe at her. It emerges from the alley - a creature of shadow, then another, another, and another. Four of them menacing over the two, soundless and silent things. OOC: K:R first of all to identify.
[20:46] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+13
[20:46] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{33}
[20:47] <@Inari> roll 1d20+13
[20:47] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{32}
[20:47] <@Kotono> The creatures before you are shadows - incorporeal undead that steel life and strength from anything they touch. Any they kill rise as shadows themselves, resulting in spreading horrors.  OOC: Init.
[20:48] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6 Helena
[20:48] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 Helena --> [ 1d20=17 ]{23}
[20:48] <@Inari> roll 1d20+1
[20:48] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+1 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{5}
[20:48] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5+4 nerveskitter
[20:48] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+5+4 nerveskitter --> [ 1d20=15 ]{24}
[20:50] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Shadow 1
[20:50] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Shadow 2
[20:50] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Shadow 3
[20:50] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Shadow 1 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{14}
[20:50] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Shadow 2 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{20}
[20:50] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Shadow 4
[20:50] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Shadow 3 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{16}
[20:50] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Shadow 4 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{7}
[20:51] <@Kotono> OOC: Someone roll for Erad since he's just vanished?
[20:51] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+1 Erad
[20:51] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+1 Erad --> [ 1d20=13 ]{14}
[20:52] * Kotono changes topic to 'Annerose(24)>Helena(23)>Shadow 2(20)>Shadow 3(16)>Shadow 1=Erad(14)>Shadow 4(7)>Inari(Rei)'
[20:52] <@Kotono> OOC: Open ANnerose. The shadows are 10ft from you.
[20:54] * @Annerose moves to cover Inari with the caution that shadows represent as she fires a ray of positive energy at the closest one.
[20:54] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5 fighting defensively
[20:54] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+5 fighting defensively --> [ 1d20=2 ]{7}
[20:57] <@Kotono> It's a nimble blast, but not one that hits anything but old stonework. The mere touch makes a bit of rubblef all, passing right through the shadows harmlessly. At this Helena back sup 20ft before opening her hand out, "Back," she demands, letting out a whirling cone of freezing air and snow. OOC: Cone of cold, trying to freeze all of them. 50/50 odds of getting through incorporeal.
[20:57] <@Kotono> roll 1d100 51+ is success
[20:57] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 51+ is success --> [ 1d100=61 ]{61}
[20:58] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3 vs DC 19
[20:58] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 vs DC 19 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{19}
[20:58] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 vs DC 19 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{9}
[20:58] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 vs DC 19 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{19}
[20:58] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 vs DC 19 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{6}
[20:58] <@Kotono> roll 7d6
[20:58] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 7d6 --> [ 7d6=35 ]{35}
[20:58] <@Kotono> roll 35/2
[20:58] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 35/2 --> {17}
[20:58] * Kotono changes topic to 'Annerose(24)>Helena(23)>Shadow 3(16)>Shadow 1=Erad(14)>Inari(Rei)'
[21:00] <@Kotono> Two of the shadows are flash-frozen, stuck in place as they wither under ice and vanish. The other two dodge somewhat, avoiding the worst of the cold. But they're still lined with ice, shaking from it. In retaliation, both shadows lunge at Helena.
[21:00] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 touch vs 21
[21:00] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 touch vs 21 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{7}
[21:00] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 touch vs 21
[21:00] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 touch vs 21 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{15}
[21:01] <@Kotono> Helena's able to dodge to the side, avoiding each and every touch with speed. Her breath mists out around her as she smiles grimly, "Return to sleep," she demands, as...OOC: Erad.
[21:02] <@Inari> roll 1d20+7
[21:02] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{9}
[21:04] <@Kotono> OOC: Go Inari, take your move while we wait on ERad.
[21:05] <@Inari> Even if the spear thirsts for spectral blood, better to play it safe and deal with both at once, so Inari positions near Helena and channels out a burst of positive energy!
[21:05] <@Inari> roll 4d6 DC 20 half
[21:05] <Kobot> Inari rolled 4d6 DC 20 half --> [ 4d6=15 ]{15}
[21:06] <@Kotono> OOC: What type of save? Brainfart
[21:06] <@Kotono> .
[21:07] <@Inari> OOC: will
[21:09] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[21:09] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[21:09] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{7}
[21:09] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{16}
[21:09] <@Kotono> Under the burst of light from Inari, the two shadows melt away into light. They are gone, the battlefield cleared. OOC: Free act.
[21:10] <@Annerose> "Nicely done!" Annerose compliments, not dwelling on her poor showing. "We might just put them all to rest!"
[21:10] <@Inari> "Depends just how many there are, but I think we're fit for a few more like that," Inari agrees.
[21:11] <@Kotono> Helena takes her shield back out and readies herself, "Being able to throw cold like that is incredibly useful. It's so nice to be able to assail all of them at once."
[21:11] <@Annerose> "Cold is the best!"
[21:28] <@Kotono> OOC: Goign to continue on, y'all?
[21:30] <@Inari> OOC: no reason not to
[21:30] <@Inari> OOC: other than ravenous undead hordes, but when has that ever stopped us?
[21:31] <@Kotono> The party advances onward. The street leads into a ruined square. There is a bone dry fountain here, taking up the center. It's crumbling like everything else. The party came from the east. To the west is another street full of ruin. To the south is a street that ends in a dead end, with a dilapidated tower looming at the end. To the north is another dead end, this one with what may have once
[21:31] <@Kotono> been a manor home, before it caved in on itself.
[21:33] <@Inari> "This looks the most intact, more likely to find something interesting, yes?" Inari says, pointing South.
[21:34] <@Annerose> "As good a place to look as any," Annerose agrees, starting down the indicated direction. "You know, I expected to find ruins of temples, banks, apothecaries... the usual assortment of businesses you would have at a large, prosperous city."
[21:35] <@Kotono> Helena looks to one building, little more than rubble now, "For all we know, they  might have once been one," she remarks.
[21:36] <@Inari> "It could be this area is purely residential," Inari suggests, "With separate commercial or public districts we've yet to see or that were entirely reduced."
[21:36] <@Annerose> "That or shoddy construction," Annerose readily agrees.
[21:37] <@Kotono> "Or a banshee screaming the walls down," Helena adds in as you walk south. As you do...
[21:37] <@Kotono> roll 1d100 vs ???
[21:37] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 vs ??? --> [ 1d100=7 ]{7}
[21:37] <@Inari> "You can't blame the architects for not anticipating this," Inari says, smiling. "Even if you did, no one's using the buildings now anyway so what does it matter if they fall down?"
[21:38] <@Annerose> "Just my curiousity, really. I would've liked to spend some time at the local library."
[21:42] <@Kotono> The way south is unremarkable at first, when suddenly a loud groan comes from the ground th eparty walks on, followed by a jolt of the ground sinking.
[21:43] <@Inari> "Oh dear!" Inari jerks back. "Sinkholes?"
[21:44] <@Annerose> "Underground?"
[21:45] <@Inari> "Why not? All it requires is excavation below whatever surface we stand on." She uses her spear to poke a bit at the recessed ground.
[21:46] <@Kotono> "Ah!" Helena starts to retreat, as Inari pokes the already sinking ground. IT shudders again, and with a groan, the ground beneath the three collapses. OOC: Y'all can try something to save yourselves if you want, but it'll likely take a check of some sort.
[21:47] <@Inari> Inari jumps back even more!
[21:48] <@Annerose> "Why?!" Annerose cries out, leaping aside.
[21:49] <@Kotono> Helena leaps back as well, trying to get out of the way. OOC: Acrobatics, al.
[21:50] <@Inari> roll 1d20+13
[21:50] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{25}
[21:50] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+15 Helena
[21:50] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+15 Helena --> [ 1d20=17 ]{32}
[21:50] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+3 what acrobatics
[21:50] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+3 what acrobatics --> [ 1d20=12 ]{15}
[21:51] <@Kotono> Inari dives right back, ending up on solid ground. Helena leaps up and into a backflip, landing in a safe crouch behind Inari. Annerose merely jumps as best she can - but she's not the leaper the other two are. She doesn't make it and instead tumbles into the darkness. (More)
[21:51] <@Kotono> roll 4d6 ow
[21:51] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 4d6 ow --> [ 4d6=15 ]{15}
[21:54] <@Kotono> Pain. Annerose falls straight down and lands in a heap, facedown in cold, filthy water, ice and debris. There's now a large hole in the streets, reaching to the edges and the buildings on either side sagging towards it.
[21:54] <@Kotono> "Erad, help her!" Helena calls, then, "Are you alright, Annerose?"
[21:55] * @Annerose manages to get herself into an upright position, looking around in mild disbelief. "Still alive!" she calls back up.
[21:55] <@Inari> "Glad to hear it!" Inari calls down from the lip of the hole, sending down some foxfire to light up the area around Annerose.
[21:58] <@Erad> Erad will, indeed, fly down to get Annerose to safety!
[21:58] <@Kotono> It's a rubble and water filled basement. Rotted old chests, barrels and bags are all about. It's an incredible mess, though you note an intact door to the east, only partly hidden by rubble. Meanwhile Erad lands safely next to Annerose.
[21:58] * @Annerose looks around for magic.
[21:59] <@Annerose> "I'm-- we're in some sort of basement!" she calls up.
[22:00] <@Inari> "Do you want us to come down?" Inari calls back.
[22:01] <@Annerose> "Give us a moment!" Annerose calls out, telling Erad, "Let's see if the door here opens and nothing starts to come down."
[22:02] <@Kotono> There's no magic around. AS the two go to the door...OOC: Perception, you two.
[22:03] <@Erad> roll 1d20+14
[22:03] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+14 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{21}
[22:03] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+2
[22:03] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{6}
[22:04] <@Kotono> Erad's sharp draconic eyes note something as you pass. A bag lies mostly in the water, split. But just beneath the water, Inari's foxfire illuminates something that automatically gets his attention - the glint of metal.
[22:05] <@Erad> "One moment, Annerose." Erad goes over to kneel down and lift the bag to see if there's more metal or if the metal is just under the bag!
[22:08] <@Kotono> Inside the bag are coins - ancient things, covered in mold and growths, only a few specks of visible metal still seen. However, the few glints are promising, being the color of gold.
[22:10] <@Erad> "Well, I don't know if these are actually worth anything, but maybe once they get cleaned up." Erad offers as he puts the bag in another bag so it doesn't soak anything with gross mold water before he puts it away. He will then go over to the door to both test it to see if it's locked and test it to see if they suddenly need to run away!
[22:11] <@Kotono> The door isn't locked, but it does seem to bes tuck. The hinges are nothing but rust now.
[22:14] <@Erad> "Hang on, I think I can just knock it over. But be ready in case it causes something else." Erad coats his hands in acid before trying to tear the hinges right off in order for the door to easily fall!
[22:17] <@Kotono> Doing so melts the old metal like butter. The door sags at this and then falls forward -only it being expected allows an easy dodge. Ahead is a room less flooded - only a few inches of stagnant water on the ground.  A pair of ancient skeletons lie here, a few rusty metal remnants clinging to them. Past them is a stairway going up.
[22:19] <@Annerose> "It looks like we can get out this way!"
[22:21] <@Erad> Erad says a silent prayer as he glances at the skeletons. "I'll go first."
[22:21] <@Inari> "Alright, I'm climbing down now!" Inari calls, starting to clamber over the edge and downwards.
[22:21] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3 climban
[22:22] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+3 climban --> [ 1d20=10 ]{13}

Corwin

[20:42] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> Inari reaches the bottom without incident.
[20:42] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> OOC: Going ahead, Annerose?
[20:42] <Rin> OOC: Yes
[20:43] <@Inari> "Come on down, Helena, it's easy!" she calls up to the neophyte yuki-onna.
[20:43] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> OOC: Er, Rad, since he said first. Dur.
[20:43] <@Erad> OOC: Yes.
[20:43] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> roll 1d20+15 acrobatics HElena
[20:43] <Kobot> Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries rolled 1d20+15 acrobatics HElena --> [ 1d20=9 ]{24}
[20:47] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> Helena lands down as well. Going ahead, Erad climbs the stairs up. It leads to a glorified landing, expanded out into a small room. There's further stairs going up, but they've collapsed along with the ceiling over them, blocking the way. Another skeleton lies in this room, behind the remnants of a wooden desk.
[20:48] <@Inari> Once Helena's safely down Inari follows after Erad and Annerose.
[20:49] <@Erad> "Hm." Erad looks around for any other ways out or up.
[20:49] <Rin> Annerose continues to look around for any magic.
[20:51] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> OOC: Percpetion, Erad.
[20:51] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> Annerose looks around. Still no magic.
[20:52] <Rin> Can't be too careful! "Anything worth our while?" she asks Erad. "Or did I waste our time?"
[20:52] <@Erad> roll 1d20+14
[20:52] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+14 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{16}
[20:53] <@Inari> Inari has a look and a sniff around herself, just to make the effort of climbing perhaps worthwhile.
[20:53] <@Inari> roll 1d20+14
[20:53] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+14 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{20}
[20:54] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> Erad doesn't find any stairs up or anything worthwhile. Inari, however, looks around and finds something. Not with her nose for once, but with her eyes. Behind the desk is a desk drawer that's fallen out. In it are two things that are still intact. The first is a key made of stone, weathered but still in one piece. The other is a glass decanter. It's empty but otherwise in fine shape. It looks
[20:54] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> nice.
[20:55] <@Inari> "I have a key and some glassware," Inari announces, holding up both. "I suppose the key might save us knocking down the door when we climb back up and try it? If it's a stone lock it won't have rusted at least."
[20:56] <Rin> "Sure!"
[20:56] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> "May as well take them," Helena suggests, "The key may be to a long since lost lock, but that might be worth a bit. Glass bottles like that are nice, especially if it's crystal and not glass."
[20:58] <@Erad> "I don't think we can easily get over the wreckage up here." Erad says with a look at it. "So it's probably best to just back."
[20:58] <@Inari> Inari offers the glass to whoever has the sturdiest looking pack, and slips the key into her clothes. "Up we go, then!" she says cheerfully, heading back out to climb up to the street.
[20:59] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3 climban
[20:59] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+3 climban --> [ 1d20=18 ]{21}
[20:59] <Rin> "Well then. I don't suppose you could help with that, Erad?"
[21:01] <@Erad> "I'll get you back up." Erad confirms as they go back.
[21:03] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> roll 1d20+15 (I assume Erad can airlift Annerose) Helena
[21:03] <Kobot> Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries rolled 1d20+15 (I assume Erad can airlift Annerose) Helena --> [ 1d20=14 ]{29}
[21:03] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> Inari and Helena quickly scramble back out.  Airlifting Annerose out is also unremarkable and easy.
[21:05] <@Inari> Assuming they climbed out on the side of the sinkhole closest to the mansion, Inari walks up to the front door and tries the key!
[21:07] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> OOC: Inari, the party went south, towards the tower.
[21:08] <@Inari> Assuming they climbed out on the side of the sinkhole closest to the tower, Inari walks up to the front door and tries the key!
[21:09] <@Inari> OOC: same concept just had the wrong building in my head
[21:11] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> The tower is an ancient thing of stone, intact if crumbling in a few places. The front door is actually ajar - no need to unlock it. The grounds around it are muddy, standing water in a few places.
[21:12] <@Annerose> "Wizard's tower?" Annerose muses out loud, continuing to scan for magic.
[21:12] <@Inari> Stepping around the puddles, Inari tries the key anyway just to see if it fits the lock. If it doesn't then she can try it on other things!
[21:14] <@Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries> There's an ancient, rusted old lock on the door. It's not the right size anyway, even if it's too old to use. Meanwhile the party can look up - it's a four story tower, the top just scraping the roof of the cavern. Annerose finds there's faint magic around the entire place. OOC: Spellcraft, sec.
[21:15] * Ko-NitorisTwistedIndustries is now known as Kotono
[21:17] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+13
[21:17] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+13 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{30}
[21:18] <@Erad> "They certainly did a lot with stone here." Erad comments as they look around.
[21:21] <@Kotono> "Work with what you have?" Helena remarks as she look sabout, kicking at a puddle. The kicked water freezes in midair, landing as a clatter of ice. Meanwhile, Annerose can see the entire building is enchanted with necromantic magic. This place bolsters and supports the undead, making them stronger and faster.
[21:22] <@Annerose> "It really was!" Annerose exclaims in surprise. "A necromancer, to be exact. I think if we break it, there will be fewer undead here."
[21:24] <@Inari> "Even if they're not bothering anyone we ought to put them to rest," Inari says in agreement with that sort of plan, casting shield of faith on herself before heading in.
[21:25] <@Kotono> OOC: Who's going in first?
[21:27] <@Erad> OOC: Erad can.
[21:28] * @Annerose draws her spear of ice before following.
[21:31] <@Kotono> Erad opens the door and steps in. The moment he does, a chill settles over him. Patches of his scales grow wet - clinging greenish slime appears there. The entry room is a long, narrow hall with both walls blank stone painted white. It opens up about 15ft ahead, into a larger room. Old furniture can be glimpsed in it.
[21:33] <@Erad> Erad takes a moment to stop and look around. "Ugh. This is a horrible place." He says as he continues forward. "It makes my skin crawl."
[21:33] <@Inari> "Oh, are you alright Erad?" Inari asks as she sees his normally so well kept scales become all slimey.
[21:34] * @Annerose makes sure to check foreign magic isn't clinging to Erad.
[21:35] <@Kotono> There's no foreign magic on Erad. But as the two check, a moment later a shadow comes at each side of him, coming smoothly through each wall and right at him!
[21:35] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 touch AC?
[21:35] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 touch AC? --> [ 1d20=13 ]{18}
[21:35] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 touch AC? flatfootd unless uncannies are in play
[21:35] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 touch AC? flatfootd unless uncannies are in play --> [ 1d20=11 ]{16}
[21:38] <@Erad> OOC: 17 touch
[21:40] <@Kotono> roll 1d6 str damage
[21:40] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d6 str damage --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
[21:40] <@Kotono> Erad does the splits, nimbly avoiding the first shadow. The second's ust flat faster, and counters by swiping down. Its shadow hand goes right through his shoulder, leaving a terrible sense of weakness radiating throughout his body. OOC: What's that put your Str at?
[21:41] <@Erad> OOC: 9
[21:43] <@Kotono> OOC: Okay. Init.
[21:43] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+6
[21:43] <@Erad> roll 1d20+2
[21:43] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{18}
[21:43] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{5}
[21:43] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3 shadow 1
[21:43] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+3 shadow 2
[21:43] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 shadow 1 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{7}
[21:43] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 shadow 2 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{19}
[21:43] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+5+5
[21:43] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+5+5 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{11}
[21:43] * Kotono changes topic to 'Shadow 2(19)>Helena(18)>Annerose(11)>Shadow 1(7)>Erad(5)'
[21:44] <@Kotono> OOC: Inari?
[21:44] <@Inari> roll 1d20+3
[21:44] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{15}
[21:44] * Kotono changes topic to 'Shadow 2(19)>Helena(18)>Inari(15)>Annerose(11)>Shadow 1(7)>Erad(5)'
[21:44] <@Kotono> Before anyone can act, the second shadow takes another swipe at Erad.
[21:44] <@Kotono> roll 1d20+5 touch AC?
[21:44] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 touch AC? --> [ 1d20=3 ]{8}
[21:45] <@Erad> OOC: Thankfully higher than that.
[21:45] <@Kotono> But Erad's like the wind, rolling forward and away from the shadow before it can get him again. OOC: Helena'll hold in case you're going to turn, Inari, then act depending on that. Go.
[21:46] <@Inari> Now Inari sees how her spear likes the taste of spectral blood, stabbing out at the shadow on Erad's left and shifting to the side so she'll be able to strike it if it tries fleeing back the way it came!
[21:47] <@Inari> roll 1d20+10 assuming +1 spear
[21:47] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+10 assuming +1 spear --> [ 1d20=10 ]{20}
[21:47] <@Inari> roll 1d8+5 shit forgot divine might, dunno if miss chance is needed. Spear seems pretty anti ghostly>
[21:47] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d8+5 shit forgot divine might, dunno if miss chance is needed. Spear seems pretty anti ghostly> --> [ 1d8=5 ]{10}
[21:47] <@Inari> roll 1d100 I'll roll it anyway, see what happens
[21:47] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d100 I'll roll it anyway, see what happens --> [ 1d100=94 ]{94}
[21:48] <@Kotono> The spear rips through the ghost like it is mere cobwebs. The shadow howls as it is pierced, dissolving from one quick thrust. It feels good and right in Inari's hands. OOC: Cha check, Inari.
[21:48] <@Inari> roll 1d20+7
[21:48] <Kobot> Inari rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{14}
[21:49] * Kotono changes topic to 'Shadow 2(19)>Helena(18)>Inari(15)>Annerose(11)>Erad(5)'
[21:49] <@Kotono> OOC: Annerose.
[21:53] * @Annerose stabs at the remainign shadow with her spear!
[21:53] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+6 touch
[21:53] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+6 touch --> [ 1d20=9 ]{15}
[21:54] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+13 K:R
[21:54] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+13 K:R --> [ 1d20=4 ]{17}
[21:54] <@Annerose> OOC: +2 to the attack
[21:54] <@Annerose> roll 1d100
[21:54] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=90 ]{90}
[21:54] <@Annerose> roll 1d8+3+2 cold
[21:54] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d8+3+2 cold --> [ 1d8=2 ]{7}
[21:56] <@Kotono> It's a solid stab, getting the shadow right in the shoulder. It ripples and shudders as...OOC: Erad. Helena'll go if you don't finish it.
[21:58] <@Erad> Erad slowly pulls himself back to his feet. "Ugh... damnable remnants!" Erad snaps as he tries to land some hits on the shadow! He can't go what he normally does since his strength has been sapped so much, but he'll still try and hit it a few times!
[21:58] <@Erad> roll 1d20+8
[21:58] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{19}
[21:58] <@Erad> roll 1d20+3
[21:58] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{15}
[21:59] <@Kotono> OOC: Two hits. d100 on both.
[21:59] <@Erad> roll 1d100 #1
[21:59] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d100 #1 --> [ 1d100=4 ]{4}
[21:59] <@Erad> roll 1d100 #2
[21:59] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d100 #2 --> [ 1d100=70 ]{70}
[22:00] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+1d6 last is good-aligned #1
[22:00] <Kobot> Erad rolled 3d6+3+1d6 last is good-aligned #1 --> [ 3d6=6 1d6=5 ]{14}
[22:00] <@Erad> roll 3d6+3+1d6 last is good-aligned #2
[22:00] <Kobot> Erad rolled 3d6+3+1d6 last is good-aligned #2 --> [ 3d6=10 1d6=6 ]{19}
[22:02] <@Kotono> A single blow strikes the shadow on the head, which akes it howl and fadea way, dispersing before the party. There's a long moment, but no more come. OOC: Free act.
[22:02] <@Erad> Erad takes a breath before he puts a hand on his own shoulder to try and disperse this foul energy!
[22:02] <@Erad> roll 1d4 lesser restoration
[22:02] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d4 lesser restoration --> [ 1d4=3 ]{3}
[22:03] <@Inari> "Here Erad, I'll take the lead now," Inari volunteers, since she's unable to heal him any she can at least take the next wave.
[22:03] <@Erad> "They didn't do any physical damage... they just sapped me of strength, it seems." Erad says to Inari. "So be careful."
[22:05] <@Inari> "I will," she promises, keeping her ghost-hating spear at the ready as she advances down the hall tot he room ahead.
[22:07] <@Erad> Erad will follow right behind her! "I wonder if the townspeople of the time knew about this, or if they just thought it was some strange magic-user's house."
[22:10] <@Annerose> "Would be pretty hard to hide all the shadows, what with the moaning and the wet smell...."
[22:11] <@Erad> "It was a pretty big lock."
[22:12] <@Kotono> "Still," Helena wrinkles her nose as the party heads to the next room. Here looks to be some sort of living space 0- lots of old, rotted furniture is about. The scrap remnants of tapestries are on the wall, and a cold fireplace takes up part of the wall. The only upside is that there's stairs gong up in the corner.
[22:12] <@Kotono> *going
[22:13] <@Inari> Lacking much of interest, Inari starts to head up the stairs!
[22:13] <@Annerose> "I predict this tower will collapse, possibly once we've made our way to the top," Annerose muses, nevertheless following along.
[22:14] <@Kotono> Helena sighs at that, 'I really hope you're wrong!"
[22:14] <@Inari> "That'll save us having to take the stairs again!" Inari says just to be contrary with her optimism.
[22:15] <@Erad> "It wouldn't be bad if it did, in theory." Erad says as he follows Inari. "If the undead are drawn to it."
[22:17] <@Annerose> "Ah, so you predict we will be crashing down with all the debries while shadows from all over the town converge upon us?"