A second tryp to the Styx (Jaela)

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2016, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

For his part, Moore will call on the power he received from his trip through the Deep Ethereal to see if it has any kind of impact.

He's using his Modify Memory 1/day to see if it will let someone recall with perfect clarity a memory and see if that just cascades and recovers the rest of them in turn.

Anastasia

You can and....it's like manipulating an empty clay slab. Everything's smooth and blank, there's nothing but emptiness to magnify. Blast.

Going to try anything else?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I'm gonna head out and try to do something about the waves of shitty Styx water," Jaela fills her in. "How about your plans for the immediate future? Gonna catch some rest over here? Party back at the tower?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

I don't really have much else to try other than to try motivating people's memories into coming back or something crazy.

Anastasia

"Go and rest? Hah." Mirima stands up, "Who's coming with you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

You're welcome to try, but it's a longshot at best.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Aw, heck, then let's try! I'm not really sure how to go about it but I suppose it could start with Motivational Speaking.

Corwin

"Ellese and Sylvie are as immune to that shit as it gets, and will help with closing any portals for the Styx. Finnegan, because it's been a while since we worked together. And Mira, here, to round us out. Same as before, unless you're vying for a spot?"

Anastasia

Make a perform (oratory) or whatever skill you use to represent motivating people, Moore.

"Of course I am," Mirima says, "You know I am."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[14:11] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+27+11+27 Perform (Oratory) + divine insight and improvisation
[14:11] <Rei-chan> Nephrite rolled : 1d20+27+11+27 Perform (Oratory) + divine insight and improvisation --> [ 1d20=1 ]{66}

Anastasia

No good. Moore just doesn't get it to happen.

Informally, that might be a specialized epic skill usage, somewhere around DC 70 to 80. You'd have to develop it and yeah, I need to finish that epic skills thing already. One day.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

It's certainly worth looking into if magic doesn't help!

He's not quite so willing to give up just yet, but since magic seems to solve the issue, he'll leave it at that for now.

Anastasia

It generally seems to be a partial success - Hanna and the Jarl succeed, Priest and Balyss come up short. "It's resistant," Priest reports, "Proper preparation will help."

"I was afraid of that, Lixer's augmented the Styx here." Kascha says, "Rest for an hour, I'll see to that. Elena," she asks, an armor clad ghost girl appearing, "Get a few guards in here to watch over them. Hound archons or higher archons, they're good at that sort of thing."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"If you'd like, I can try and see if Celestia has any guidance on what we can do to protect ourselves from it going forward." Moore offers.

Corwin

"Okay," Jaela decides, after taking a few moments to think it over. "Mirajane, slight change of plans. We'll go in teams. Ellese and Sylvie are considered as immune as we can get someone out there, and I'm in charge of the strike. But we'll reduce the team to four and rotate you, Finnegan and Mirima as the fourth member."

Jaela offers a hand to Mirima. "Let's go collect the others and port out?"