News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The second seal (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Yes, that's correct. I don't know all the details, but I know that much at least."

Anastasia

"Then, excuse me. I will go consult with those that know more on this matter," Gold says.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Ah, of course. There's also an item -- a dress that was recovered. That may be a more simple matter, once we finish with this." Moore says.

Anastasia

Going with him, Moore, or going to do your own thing?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

If he doesn't mind the company!

Anastasia

Gold's search takes him to Sage Vul'lath. He's in the library, unoccupied. He gives the two of you a dry look, "Once again, seekers of wisdom come to the deepest and most productive well rather than digging themselves."

"This well has what we need, while ones we make ourselves do not, for we seek the wisdom of those who have worked for Aurora before my time," Gold replies evenly, "Is it not wise to seek wisdom where it can be found?"

"If this is the only well with what you seek, then come and drink your fill," Sage Vul'lath sits back, steepling his hands together. "What do you need?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"The other signet ring -- the one recovered from, um... Yian, right?" Moore asks. "We're of the opinion that it and the one we recovered from Willah are probably part of a set -- er... maybe you knew that already. We're thinking there are nine of them total for all nine traitors, but we wanted to ask the specifics on the ring before we did anything else."

Anastasia

"We did and we did think that," Sage Vul'lath replies. "Our thinking is that they're important to Lifasa in some manner. At the least, they're powerful infernal artifacts we are denying to the devils. That is enough."

"Hm." Gold considers thoughtfully, "Do you think that it's important because of Hell and its measures, or because of any evidence otherwise?"

"Both." Vul'lath looks at both of you over his fingers, tilting them to point at Gold. "Nine traitors, nine rings. There's a working theory that each traitor represents a layer of Hell in some manner, though this may be more symbolic than actual."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Was any effort ever put into trying to purify Yian's ring?" Moore asks. "That was my immediate thought with these, to try and get them to be tools for us to use against Hell."

Anastasia

"Jaela considered it, but I do not believe it was ever attempted," Sage Vul'lath replies.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Perhaps with two of them instead of one, it's more likely to be successful. Either way, thank you." He looks to Gold to see if he has any other questions.

Anastasia

"Thank you," Gold agrees, going off. As you do, "I think there's little to be immediately done with the ring. That's for Aurora's leaders to determine?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I don't think anyone's going to be opposed to us trying to turn it into a tool for good." Moore says. "But I can ask at least."

Anastasia

Okay then, next move about asking?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

He'll ask Morniel and then go from there.