The hunt for companionship (Calleigh)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Yes," Giltterosm says calmly, looking to Tryll with a face that says something like, 'Can I have that again, minus the courre-speak?'

Or maybe his stomach's bothering him, hard to tell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Calleigh's face adopts a tiny, adorably-confused look.

'To clarify;' Tryll interrupts, 'Calleigh is expressing regret for the loss of Muirfinn, though we did not get the opportunity to meet him. While there were brief talks of rescuing Muirfinn and Leif from whatever fate befell them, I believe a member of Aurora attempted to divine their fate and was told by Selune to mourn him, and to free Leif. While the undead form of Leif has been destroyed and his spirit released, nothing has been heard of about Muirfinn. It's unlikely that Baator would simply throw away a skilled spellcaster, and from what we have heard he would have reappeared on Water if he were slain.'

'That being said, we are here because we are seeing to alter our destinies, to better pit ourselves against the forces of the Nine Hells. We spoke directly with Lathander some short time ago, and he advised we look into direct manipulation of destiny. Your name came up while we were researching ideas on the Aurora, so here we are.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Destiny can be understood in the numbers," Glitterosm begins to narrate, "All of the cosmos and Creation are defined by numbers."

Before him numbers whirl, a great blur of them. "To understand numerology is to understand how Creation works and learn to control that. Would you like an introductory lesson?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"In all numerology, the numbers define all. Listen well and learn."

The number 1 surrounds Glitterosm and he narrates, "The number one represents the self, which defines all else in relation to yourself."

Then the 1s fall away and 2s flow around Glitterosm. "The number two represents the dualogy of the body and the soul, be they apart or one and the same. With the study of one comes the understanding of two. The study of the self inevitably leads to the soul, for it is the seat of all you are and all the potential of what you could be."

The twos slowly break apart and reform into 3s. "The number three represents truth, for three is the absolute number of truth and power. With it comes great power and insight, along with knowledge."

The threes morph into 4s and Glitterosm snaps his fingers, "The number four represents death. After all, one of the greatest truths of Creation is that everything must die, even if it is only so it can live anew."

The 4s fall away like rain and 5s spring up to replace them. "Self, body and soul, truth, death. By learning four of the most primal numbers in Creation, the way to great power is learned. In combination the truth of the self and the soul overcome the inevitability of death."

Now 6s take the place of the 5s, floating all around Glitterosm. "The first five numbers are ultimately internal. The next four are external. Six is the number of the Abyss. It represents madness, power and infinity."

Now the 6s crack into 7s. "Seven represents the Heavens, for any who look into the Abyss understand there must be an answer to that madness. In the Heavens there is that answer, and with that number comes that power."

The 7s ever so slowly become 8s, one shift at a time. "Eight is the number of Limbo. With madness tamed, what comes is creation. Wild creation for the sake of it, the ever-stuff of Limbo represented."

Next come 9s, and a chill comes to you. "In time, you come to understand this wildness has to be tamed. Chained in the manacles that represent Baator, and from this the number nine arises."

"From there," he says, now surrounded by all the numbers, "Comes ten and every number thereafter - where the numbers are blended together, and meaning is gathered from how they mathematically interact. For example, the number 27 is sometimes used by Baator, especially by Mammon, as 9 times 3 is 27."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"There's a badger slaad on the Aurora named 27!" Calleigh says helpfully.

'I see. Can you tell me how we can use this to manipulate destiny?'

Anastasia

"Are you familiar with Primus and Mechanus?" Glitterosm asks, "The Inevitables believe that Creation can be fully mathematically expressed through numerology. Through this every detail of Creation can be properly accounted for and controlled through numerology. One who can see and understand the numbers can manipulate them, and with that destiny itself."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I'll admit that neither of us are in the right headspace for such lawful pursuits. Would you be willing to aid us? You are welcome on the Aurora.'

Anastasia

"Yes," Glitterosm agrees right away, "I will repay my debt to Aurora like that, then."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Yay!" Calleigh cheers, clapping her hands and flying in circles around Glitterosm's head. "We can help you pack!"

Anastasia

"That isn't needed. Most of my things are already in a bag of holding," Glitterosm says. "I will be ready shortly."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Soon enough Glitterosm is ready and...

Decision point. Choose one of the following, Yuth.

1. Glitterosm joins as a full NPC with stats as well as an introductory quest.
2. Glitterosm joins as a shop NPC with a shop about numerology and related services.
3. Glitterosm does something else because of an idea you had and you can't wait to share it with us.

I'm giving you the choice here since his recruitment was essentially handwaved back in the Coda and can go all sorts of ways. Call it a freebie thanks to Muirfinn.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Let's go Option 2. We can always bug him later for more if we REALLY need him.

Anastasia

Done. He has a shop in the Aurora topic. Talking to Glitterosm's next up unless you have something you'd rather do first?
<Afina> Forever.