News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Muirfinn's diary (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, October 03, 2016, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Alright," Xanas IV folds his hands together, "Any other special conditions that need to be added?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore considers again for a moment. "No, I think that's sufficient."

Anastasia

"A proper contract will cost 1,000 gold," Xanas IV says, "Expect a few hundred more in fees if you have any signings witnessed by Waukeen's clergy."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "That's fine. Oh, I suppose we should add in a bit about rates for anyone who puts an investment into this particular plan. Is there a common amount or rate that is used? I wouldn't want to pass myself off as a con man." He nods again afterwards. "I'd like anyone who invests to get a set return but not to have any real say in how we proceed with the business, but their opinions are always welcome."

Anastasia

"Generally speaking, I suggest selling equity. However much gold buys a percentage of the company and they get a matching share of the profits, or however you want to sort out pay outs. Now, to maintain control, you need to keep 51% or more of equity. That leaves you 49% to sell, though doing so will reduce your profits longer term for temporary gain. I'd suggest having language in the contract that allows you to potentially buy out investors by purchasing the equity back. It'll have to be at a considerable profit to them, so do bear that in mind."

Moonlight blinks back to awareness, smothering a yawn. "Oh, like shares of a company?"

"That's another name for the same concept," Xanas IV agrees, waving a metallic hand. "Shares, equity, partial ownership. In this case I understand you're looking for silent partners rather than working partners."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "There's room to grow in that front, regarding partnership. Right now, we just don't want it so complicated that it makes our heads whip. There's always amendments that can be made later. Whatever is deemed fair in Brightwater would be fine here, perhaps 125% of the initial investment?"

Anastasia

"That can be done," Xanas IV says, "It depends on how much the company's worth as well. If you invested 1000 gold coins to a company now worth a hundred times that, 1250 gold isn't going to fly. There's a whole field that deals with this, it's very complicated, but the short version is that I'd suggestion that with a clause for arbitration to handle growth. We provide that service as part of the contract package, or you can hire a Waukeenite to do it."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You all come highly recommended, so that will be fine." Moore nods.

Anastasia

"I think that's everything," Xanas rises and offers you his hand, "The exact cost will depend once we fully work out the contract. I understand Aurora's money is good, so we're not worried about collecting payment at this time. Oh, and try and shake this time."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods and will give Xanas as firm a handshake as a pixie can manage to an Inevitable.

"Thank you. Oh, I do have one question, if you don't mind... what's up with your secretary? Is playing the part important to keeping everything merry?" He asks. He tries to sound as respectful as he can and not to sound rude for calling it out.

Anastasia

"It saves headaches. Bessy's a wonderful girl, sweet as sugar. Most nagas aren't, so it's easier for her to appear like a human. Closer to the norm, you see, and norms are important." Xanas says.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods again. "I understand. It's been a pleasure to meet you and I thank you for the time. If there's anything Aurora can do in the future for you or your business, we'd be happy to assist. I wouldn't want us to have an opportunity missed."

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Go check in with the Silverbrow Consortium and see if they have any leads or anything meaningful.

Anastasia

Okay, are you dropping by Aurora first or going to do it on the same visit?
<Afina> Forever.