News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

A pixie's number journey (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, November 28, 2016, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore nods. "That makes sense. Sometimes, all I'm really doing is giving people confidence in something -- usually themselves. Either way, if you'd like, I'd be happy to spread the word about numerology when this is all said and done. It's a unique gift, if nothing else."

Anastasia

"Do so," Glitterosm picks himself up, "It'll give me a chance to see your skills work on a broader scale. Now, where were we?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"You were going to tell me a story about how I somehow combine a unique set of numbers for a pixie." Moore says with a laugh. "But I was hoping you might be able to come up with direction for me to pursue to give me greater control over what I can do, or to somehow augment it. Everyone around here seems to be following paths that lead them to new strengths... there has to be something out there for me, too."

Anastasia

"There's a path for everyone, the trick is finding it," Glitterosm says.

Go ahead and reply to that and a quick OOC check here: What precisely are you looking for here in a mechanical sense?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Yes, I have a knack for not seeing the forest for the trees when it comes to that sort of thing..."

Mechanically, a way to either increase the numerical amount of the bonuses / penalties of his Fatesinger powers, or some way to gain additional ones, at least for right now.

Anastasia

Like a feat, a prestige class or what? Looking for something a little more precise.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Oh.  Epic progression for Fatesinger would be fine, if you wanted to go that angle. Alternatively, some sort of relic / artifact that helps with that sort of thing would also be fine. I don't have much else specific in mind.

Anastasia

Glitterosm studies you intently, "The numbers swirl around you. Seven most of all. You have been touched by someone holy, as you have said before.  Fortune and fate surround you like a cloak." All around you the diagram of the planes begins to swirl, spinning about. "There is also nine looming over you like an executioner's axe. I fear for your future. Yes, yes, I see. Six. Six. Six. Hunger stalks you. He stalks. Begone, demon," Glitterosm withdraws a shining disk of silver, holding it like a talisman to protect himself, close to his chest.

"Eight as well. The numbers around you are mixed. That is the key. Limbo is the key for you. Everything has a reason, a destiny. Your fate as an anarch is key."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"That hunger problem should be gone soon. I intend to get everyone together to deal with it once our current matter is dealt with." Moore nods. "To your point about Limbo... I thought as much. I'm sure there's something there about combining 1 and 7 to get to 8. But that at least gives me something to go on. I wonder if Baleruk wants to go on another trip...  Hm. I wonder if it's Taelfagn... he probably realizes by now what I can do... either way, it's good to know." He nods again. "Thank you, Glitterosm. What do I owe you?"

Anastasia

"Spreading the word, as you promised," Glitterosm says, "Go."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You got it." Moore says.

It's time to pester a prismatic dragon.

Anastasia

Baleruk is in his lair. He sits there regally, gazing as you as you enter. He says not a word, waiting on you for once.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Would you be interested in going to Limbo in search of something to unlock some more potential for me?" Moore asks, simple as that.

Anastasia

Baleruk leans down at you, eye so close as to completely fill your vision. In a voice that's a mere whisper, yet with enough force to batter you with a strong wind, "Limbo?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Yes. I've been given reason to believe that my unique anarch abilities are a key to unlock something. You were instrumental the last time, so I thought it only natural to ask if you would like to go again."