"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

READ THIS: NEW RULES AND DM REQUESTS

Started by Anastasia, June 13, 2017, 10:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Got your attention? Good.

Time.

1. As of now, time is going to matter a lot in game. Aurora is on a time limit and you should budget and use your time wisely. It will take approximately a week for various reinforcements to gather and prepare, so you have a little time before serious operations can begin. As such, PCs are going to all need to be on the same day chronologically. So I suggest you all coordinate on this, work out how you want to do this and all of it. If someone gets too far ahead or behind they'll be stuck waiting or everyone will be stuck waiting on them.

2. Getting things from others takes time - be it resources, soldiers, magic or whatever else. Factor this in as well. Normally I mostly handwave this since you aren't in this sort of time crunch, but now you are. Feel free to ask for how long things are going to take IC when needed.

3. I generally assume characters need 8-12 hours of downtime a day. This includes sleep, meditation, meals, prayer and personal time. While non-mortal, non-spellcasters can skirt around this, as a general rule it's factored in. So if you get to the point where you're planning out that closely - and to be honest it shouldn't get like that but just in case - keep that in mind.

4. Assume that Gisfal is going to be exceptionally busy during this time, so that you all have all the time you need to quest. He'll be running the military side of things. Adrian to a lesser degree as well.

5. Aurora upgrades take time, so if you're doing any, account for that.

Goals.

1. I assume all of you have a lot of things to do. Now is the time to do them. Suffice to say this is the time to call in any markers, gather any last minute allies, get loot to support Aurora and whatever else. I'd like to see a lot of goals, ones where PCs work together are preferred since it makes time coordination easier on my end.

2. I want each of you to post a list of todos in here, same as always. While you have a deadline, the initiative is firmly in your court, as all Hell has to do is hold on.

3. Goals can include sending NPCs off to do things if you please. Just note them and remind me when they're due back. Y'all run Aurora, so if you want people to do things while you're doing other things, go for it.

4. Don't lose.

Misc.

1. Nagging clean up coming some time today, along with a big flurry of loot purchases for everyone with money to spare.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Afina's immediate todos are to talk to the emissary from Bahamut, and tell Tailiel that his services are no longer required.

Past that she's keen to capture or kill Ettan. Her focus is almost exclusively going to be on launching raids/assassinations on Lifasa so anyone that wants in on that is free to join her!

Nephrite

1. Go to Brightwater to speak to Lliira.
1a. See how the Newspaper is doing in Brightwater.

1b. See how the ravage business is doing and what sort of profit they've made.
2. Go to Elysium and return Shalm and see if he can use it to get some allies or equipment or something.
3. Talk to Crystalle about Adamantine.
4. Go back to Brightwater and recruit the folks willing to join. Reminder to make sure Elena vets all of them before we assign them anywhere.
5. Go to Mount Celestia for more Adamantine. (Maybe not necessary now?) (Postponed until the 77th day)
6. Try and find an anatomical chart of a pit fiend for This guy
6. Help out with anything that needs help.

Iron Dragoon

1) Dragon Racial Stuff IC.
2) Complete spells needed for grove tree.
-2a) Return for the Faerie Dragon we met on the trip

3) Spellcatching. See if something might be possibly done to combine Spell Turning with it.
4) Item of Greater Arcane Mastery.
-4a) Depending on cash flow resources, another Ring of Wizardry.
5) Engine of Destruction. AKA Adamantine Golem.
6) Check out the Hyperbolic Chamber Selune mentioned.
7) Hydra training and stuff.
-7a) Depending on resources maybe some basic gear for these guys. Assuming they will be participating in the fight.
8) Check in at Cauldron.
9) FOR THE HOARD.
10) Research the Infinity Ooze's abilities in order to isolate, recreate, and transplant the ability.

Edit: Adding the numerology session.
Adding the ooze thing.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

1. Tryll & Calleigh & Surru's Bogus Book Dungeon Journey.
1a. Research party so we don't wind up fighting Orcus.
3. DIVINE MANDATE! Talk to Gytha about getting the band back together.

Spoiler: ShowHide
D'ln's Tr'll (Tryll): Male-equivalent
R'lgg'r G'tha (Gytha): Male-equivalent
L'r'l Thor'j'n (Thorajin): Catalyst
Gl'r'r'g A'ka-a (Aka): Female-equivalent
R'kr'd K'rna (Kirna): Female-equivalent
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Like Afina, Jaela wants to talk to Bahamut's ambassador and grab Ettan.
Also, after dealing with Ettan Jaela will consider a trip to these dudes. Ithea committed to a nice return gift but it never happened, so we'll figure something out from the Aurora fund/stash of weird shit. To my best recollection, the only thing claimed was the arcane tome (by Ithea), please correct me if NPCs claimed one of the other two items. Dana and Candy will probably like this.
A trip to Bythalos in the Court of Stars with Mirima might be in the cards.
A visit to the Cauldron with Ram.
An eventual attempt to meet with the Triune with Mei when we're ready for our final attack, one way or the other.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sounds good all around. I'm going to check these in the morning and get threads up as well - including Lucy. If I don't, poke me about that, Cor. I've had so much going on that I lose track of things through no malice save that of busyness.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, rolling with this. Any edits, additions or the like should be noted with a post explaining what you edited it. I will be annoyed if you edit without doing this, since it makes it harder for me to keep everything you want to do straight.

This includes the addition I asked you to add over in nagging, Iddy.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Added numerology session to list as requested.

Anastasia

Also quick note, I missed Jaela wanting to be along for the ambassador chat, so editing her in now. 100% my fault. In case you're wondering why you weren't there, Jaela.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Added retrieving that other faerie dragon to list.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Day 88 plans, y'all? I'll put up topics as I get answers.
<Afina> Forever.