An artist in Elysium (Tryll, Afina, Jaelam 88 days left)

Started by Anastasia, July 05, 2017, 04:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Afina, Jaela, Simmer and the Master return. They step into Elysium and take a moment to breath, to rest and relax.

"That was a little boring, but a complete victory," Simmer says. "I can live with what?"

For a little away a vast, yawning portal appears. It is made out of woven rainbows, tall enough for eight Hannas stacked together to pass through. Moonlight, Rosa, Tryll and Calleigh come through. Additionally, another does. A figure Jaela and Afina both know, for Renbuu now stands on Elysium's soil.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

This can't possibly end badly! Tryll and Callegih fly next to Renbuu's head, Calleigh chattering away. "-and right now we're camped out on Elysium, but things are starting to get really crazy and oh hey girls and guy!" Calleigh waves cheerily at the assembled people, "Look who came for a visit!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

"Oh, hey! Long time no see!" Jaela greets Renbuu. "Here to see Baleruk?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

"Oh!" Afina gasps, coming to a brief halt before she flutters over. "Welcome, Renbuu. It's an honour to see you again," she sketches out an aerial bow.

Can he do that, just come over to Elysium? It feels like the sort of thing some people might object to.

Afina isn't one of them, though!

Yuthirin

"We were in Limbo visiting and trying to get some stuff and I told him about how awful Lifasa looks and he got SUPER MAD and demanded to come to Aurora to inspect our colors so here we are!" Calleigh says.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

As the three of you speak, all becomes sunshine. Brilliant sunshine, overwhelming in every way. Light pours in as you hear the sound of trumpets.

When you can see again, the sun stands before you. Lathander is hear, clad in full armor of light and gold, a heavy mace in hand. "Renbuu," he announces, stepping forward, "What is the meaning of this intrusion?" Gone is Lathander's normally jovial nature, face a mask of calm determination as he strides forward. "Aurora, what is the meaning of this?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Wait wait wait!" Calleigh holds up tiny hands, "Renbuu came to inspect Aurora's colors! He's an ally! I think! Also he might be upset with Hell. Possibly. No fighting please! Let's all get along!"

Corwin

Jaela just looks clueless when Lathander gazes upon her. This could get real awkward real fast, she likes both of them just fine....

Ebiris

"Forgive me, Lathander, I'm only now back from a mission myself so I'm just getting caught up," Afina says, looking between Renbuu and Lathander. And Calleigh as well. "It doesn't look to be an invasion, at least."

Corwin

At Afina's words, Jaela turns to stare at Moonlight.

Anastasia

Calleigh and Afina, I'll treat your words aid another for Renbuu's coming speechifying. Make Diplo to aid another.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[22:53] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+34 diplo Rei
[22:54] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+34 diplo Rei --> [ 1d20=5 ]{39}

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+42 : 18 + 42, total 60[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Renbuu claps three times, glowing with all the lights of the rainbow. It's the most beautiful thing any of you have seen for a perfect moment, pure color overwhelming all of you. "I go to my allies here, to see to the Aurora's disgusting lack of color. Are you hungry? There will be food enough in there, food enough to hold us in the coming trials against Bel."

Renbuu created a spell on the spot to aid in this situation. It is in the spoiler block below. Anyway, he's attempting Diplomacy in the way only slaad can.

> roll 1d20+109
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 124 > [d20=15]

Total of 128 with your aiding.

"These sacred places are not for you. Leave." Lathander's voice is one and many together, the sun's light flashing tremendously bright. "Should you wish to hold court in Aurora, Aurora can meet you in places less holy than Thalasia."

> roll 1d20+26 divine rank check Lathander
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 43 > [d20=17]
> roll 1d20+8 Renbuu
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 12 > [d20=4]
> roll 1d20+58 Renbuu Will save
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 74 > [d20=16]

What happens leaves all of you blinded, but in that moment, you see you are surrounded. Legions of angels surround all of you, all focused on the slaad lord before you. Thousands and thousands at least, surely more beyond your field of vision.

"NO!" Renbuu declares, rainbows bursting out around him, transforming Lathander's sunlight around him into a prismatic cloak over the slaad's body. "THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT! THIS IS ART! THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES MAY YET SHATTER IF BEL'S IGNORANT TASTES ARE ALLOWED DOMINION. IT IS NOT YET TIME TO CREATE A NEW MUSIC OF THE SPHERES." Wind blows against Renbuu, buffeting him as he holds his position. "DAWNBRINGER, YOU _ARE_ AN ARTIST! YOU CANNOT DENY THIS!"

[spoiler]

Renbuu's Spontaneous Diplomacy
Transmutation
Level: Brd 10
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min/level

You gain a +30 bonus to Diplomacy checks through sheer personal magnetism.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh's pleadings of, "No fighting!" seem to be going unheeded.