News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

A new grove (Surraruthru)

Started by Anastasia, March 07, 2018, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Yes. A perfect place to den for me. Perhaps I'll look into having some Earth Elementals hollow out a cave system under the tree. I think the crystal roots winding through the walls would look excellent. Let us survey the area quickly and figure out the changes needed. Once we finish here and get the hydras moving, we can head to the Cauldron."

I dunno how much in detail you wanna go into this. Basically, the plan is to just fly around and find areas that are suitably close to the tree to make icy and firey for the hydras.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

That's fine and is frankly offscreen bait, since you're not in the remotest bit of danger unless you do something jaw droppingly stupid. Going to move the hydras in right away?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

I assume you're going to handwave their massive appetites destroying the eco-system? If not, then I need to do whatever rolls to copy the magic from the cafeteria over to provide fooding. Outside of that, yes, relocate them to the Grove, ask Rosenathuan if she wants to move to the Grove, then hit Cauldron.

Anastasia

With your level of magical mastery, the ley lines and tree as well as Aurora support? Setting up a food source for them isn't a huge deal. I assume it will take some money, but I'm not worrying about it too much in the epilogue as long as it isn't excessive*, and I don't feel this would be excessive.

*Or for gear, since it's possible these characters could ride again. Crazy catch all time.

You find your fellow dragon with Arrel, the two sunning in Aurora's courtyard and deep in a private conversation. You catch a bit as you approach, "And then, General Ithea..."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru strides up, listening to the story instead of interrupting, but making his presence known.

Anastasia

"Ah!" Rosenathuan interrupts, both dragons turning. "Surraruthru." Fluttering up, "How is your grove?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Excellent indeed. Everything I hoped for. The Hydras are moving there now. I was going to ask if you would like to go there as well. How's your pup doing?"

Anastasia

"Better," Rosenathaun replies then, "Yes, I would like that. I think I would like that very much, Surraruthru."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru nods.

"I will likely be claiming a den under or near the tree. The Hydras have their own areas as well. You can claim what territory you want, but understand the Grove is mine."

Anastasia

"It is yours," Rosenathuan says with no resistance, no posturing, just a submissive bow of her head.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru nods.

"Then make yourself welcome and comfortable. If you need anything specific, do not hesitate to ask. The magic of the area can be used to make changes to the land, but I'd like to keep those from being significant, to keep the wildlife comfortable as well."

Anastasia

A nod and..

Okay, I think that about covers the on screen grove stuff for now. What's your next move, the Cauldron visit and demiplane?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Pretty much. Report in, see what's what, get the demi-plane figured out and connected to the Grove, figure out a spell that'll copy the library of Aurora into my demi-plane. I imagine Seira will have something to say and probably work for me to do, which will likely be the 'and thus he spent his days' kick. I've got some ideas on the demi-plane and grove to work with the tapestry, too, but that's a bunch of off-screen stuff.

Anastasia

Your trip to the Cauldron is a peaceful one. The menaces of the Astral Plane do not bother you this time and soon enough you're there. You find an honor guard of elementals waiting for you, the lead one bowing, "Congratulations," it rumbles, a large and blocky earth elemental. "Your return has been anticipated. Come with us."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Thank you. I imagine congratulations are due you and yours as well. At least some of you must have been fighting."

Surraruthru falls into step with them... As best he can in his dragon form, at least.

Just checking, but Kascha is here too?