Fond memories (Jaela, Afina)

Started by Anastasia, March 08, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A few nights later, several people gather in Aurora's cafeteria. It's quiet here, everyone cleared out for once, off celebrating or seeing to things.

Jaela, Afina, Adrian, Tepen, Sage Vul'lath and Misaela are all here. Adrian and Misalea sit together, while everyone else quietly eats and...

Ball is in your court here to get this rolling, Jaela, since it's your todo.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Jaela has gone through a few dresses in those days, necessitating a brief stop at Brightwater to stock up on her wardrobe. There will be time to don her armors once more, but that will come in the future.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying this," she speaks up, smiling earnestly. "Congrats! We did it!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Cheers!" Adrian raises his mug, Misalea her wine glass. A murmur goes through everyone as drinks are had.

"So," Tepen says, "What will everyone do now?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm going to be splitting my time to start with," Jaela announces. "I doubt it'll be a huge surprise to anyone here, but I plan to stay on and lead Aurora to a fresh Crusade. The inspiration for one will come soon enough, and in the meantime I'll set up at the Elven Tree to make it welcoming to elven immigrants who'd want to resettle it." She gives Misalea a questioning look as she says that.

Ebiris

"I want to explore Lifasa," Afina speaks up over her milk and honey. "For fighting so much for it, much of the world is strange to me. After a few years of that I can look to other business, but I'll always be there for Aurora, whatever the fight."

Anastasia

"Heh, about that," Adrian says, taking a long gulp of ale. "We got an offer we probably will accept. Selune wants me to serve her as a roaming avenger - one who won't grow old or die. One who won't leave a much longer lived wife behind. The Elf Father gave Misalea a dream offering the same thing, and both said we'd be working together."

Misalea smiles, "It's a tremendous honor. I can't say no to that sort of request, can I?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I hope you'll still have a home next door to mine, even if you only stay in it once in a while," Jaela says, smiling at the couple. "And congrats, again! That's pretty much a dream job." She snorts at the terrible pun, and nods slowly at Afina. "I think I get where you're coming from, but it's different for me. I just want to set roots on Lifasa and tie myself back to a land before looking beyond it, as far as our world is concerned."

Anastasia

"Yeah. Selune said I may become a proxy of hers one day, if I serve her well." Adrian drinks deep, "Heh, I still remember being a guardsman."

Tepen smiles as he drinks, "Congratulations all of you. I think I'll pass - I'll tend to Lifasa as long as this body has, then I believe Mystra has plans for me. Whomever rules will need an able advisor and court mage."

Vul'lath merely nods dourly, "I still have no desire to return home, even if Queen Vlaakith may allow me to now. As long as Crusades continue, I will be there."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"You know, you're the only one who believed this could really happen," Jaela muses, staring at Tepen. "You and Adrian. Thank you for trying when the rest of us gave up." She summons some ale of her own, and drinks from it to get her emotions under better control. "Since you're staying on Lifasa, I won't forgive you if you don't stay somewhere near the Tree, I hope you realize. I'm building a castle and everything."

She grins at Vul'lath, then. "There's still fresh mysteries of the planes to explore, and plenty of ancient lore to uncover. Aurora would be enriched by your presence, and I'm glad I'll be able to stay in touch with a good friend."

Anastasia

Adrian chuckles, "Somehow I talked the four of you into it. Somehow. If that isn't proof the divine blessed our efforts, nothing will prove it."

Tepen merely says, "We carried an ember, one all of you fanned to an inferno. Thank you for keeping going," He raises his glass of wine up in a cheer.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We wanted something better to believe in, I think. A cause. That someone from Lifasa brought one over to us...." She grows quiet, raising her own glass.

Ebiris

Afina raises her own glass to the toast. "I don't know what I'd be doing if we hadn't met in that tavern, but I know I wouldn't be drinking on Lifasa," she says before having a gulp.

Anastasia

"Cheers," Adrian concurs, everyone joining in.

Once drinks are had again, "I'm sure I'll see the Crusade plenty," Adrian says, "But there's more evils in Creation than devils. I've been talking with Balyss about it and Selune opposes many and myriad evils. I'll have enough work to keep me busy for a long time."

"Ebony's mentioned she may stay on, it's to be determined," Vul'lath adds. "I believe Finnegan will as well. Perhaps Balyss - did she say?"

"No, she hasn't decided. She's meditating on it, since she can't easily go home now." Adrian hms at that, "She might get assigned here, she may be assigned as a diplomat to Waukeen or Sharess's quarter in Brightwater or maybe be attached to train under Phoebe, one of Selune's lead celestials."

Tepen...chuckles at that, a bit of a wine flush to his face. "Phoebe. I remember her well for the illustration of her." That gets a dry smile out of Vul'lath, while Misalea tilts her head, "Eh?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Is that what you all were doing in the library all this time? Huddled together over suggestive line-art of celestials?" Afina asks in a rare bout of mischief.

Anastasia

"It was hardly suggestive, it was explicit," Tepen smiles over his wine, "Phoebe is noted for having an, ah, disdain of clothing."

Misalea's brow furrows as Adrian laughs, "Adrian, I'd better not hear about YOU training with her!"

That cuts Adrian's laugh quickly, a fervent nod of, "Of course, dear."
<Afina> Forever.