News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Replies to things in here in due time, in DM work.

Imix is up, including 9 new spells. Those will go to the spell collection soon.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 09, 2018, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on September 09, 2018, 05:36:20 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on September 09, 2018, 01:39:08 PM
Things feel like they're progressing in the right direction. Now we're prepared for anyone who tries to Time Stop and then escape on us, so that's a good thing.

I'll be curious to see what information Melia can get for us, since I really enjoy the strike raid aspect of our group a lot.

Yes, that can be a lot of fun. We'll see how you develop with those tactics in place.

Can any of you actually cast time stop?

Uhhhh... nope! Moore's got his Boots of Temporal acceleration which always gives him 2, but no one else can. This is another "I'm not really sold on war mage" tick, I think.

Or something I suppose I could simply look into fixing somehow for our node.

Arcane Disciple came up last night. Were you gonna do that, Moore?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yes. Traveling so I haven't had time.

Anastasia

Wednesday status update.

Saturday Night: Weekly roundup, along with a more in depth commentary on how I think the game is going (spoiler: it's going good).
Sunday: Day off since it's week 1 of the NFL season. I might do a smidgen of something but that's purely optional.
Monday: Empty out the todo list as much as possible.
Tuesday: Finish Beezlebub. This may run into Wednesday, depending on how things go.
Wednesday- Friday: Spells.
Saturday: TBA, it may be a catch up day if needed.
Sunday: Not much, any cleanup and mostly football.

Progress. Finishing Imix was a bonus since h provided a bunch of spells. I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone on spells today.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Working on spells now and...hm, what's that? Well, I suppose. It seems our favorite(?) bitter bitch wants to show off a new spell in production. This is highly irregular but I'll allow it.

Voidcall
Evocation [Evil]
Level: Corrupt 14
Components: V, S, Corrupt
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One living creature/level; no two of which can be more than 120ft apart
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

With a mournful call and longing incantation, you bring Shar's song to the targets to unravel them to nothingness. The targets take 1d10 points of damage per caster level (maximum 40d10) and is afflicted by the Song of Ending disease. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and prevents being afflicted with the Song of Ending disease.

Corruption Cost

1d8 points of Constitution damage. Sharrans only take 1d4 points of Constitution damage instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

This is official notice that Moore is changing Arcane Disciple from Fate domain to Time Domain.

I also realized a few things today about this:

1) I never actually took any Fate domain spells in the first place last time
2) I didn't realize that it was just added to the arcane spells (because I'm stupid and can't read) but that's totally fine
3) This gives Moore Moment of Prescience too which is hot didilly dang great.

Does the Time domain have any changes? Just checking - - i didn't see any in the houserules. http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_Timedomain&alpha=

Hopefully using a WotC link isn't a problem.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Have another preview as I work.

Not a dreadfully interesting spell, but here because it's a benchmark. A few of the spells here are essentially that, as this serves a useful purpose for everyone. In this case, it's taking a fairly powerful spell and upping it a few levels in exchange for 1 minute/level duration.

Avenging Angel's Strike
Transmutation [Good, Fire]
Level: Clr 14, Pal 12
Components: V, S, F
Range: Touch
Target: Melee weapon touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

The weapon touched becomes capable of vanquishing any evil. It becomes a +7 weapon with the holy and fiery blast special abilities. This temporarily overwrites the properties of the weapon touched. Artifacts cannot be affected by this spell.

This spell is primarily known to a small group of avenging angels, who have slowly spread it to worthy mortals in recent centuries.

Focus

The weapon to be affected by this spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Further reading (because I really skimmed over this feat, jesus) shows that I basically get each spell once a day.

I may just look at upgrading my Boots to be 3/day or something for the 2 rounds of time stop there, that may not be a bad way to go in addition to this.

Anastasia

Spells continue apace. Right now the booster has 12 spells in it. Combined with the 9 from Imix and we currently has 21 that may end up in the Spell Collection by the end of this weekend.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also, for the Nephs since I'm working on a Cresiel spell here:

Cresiel's Valiant Stand
?
Level:
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You

You offer yourself up as a martyr, all to protect those around you.

Have a preview.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Up to 30 spells including the Imix spells, the booster's taking shape lightly. Have another preview.

Kascha's Curse
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 13
Components: V, S
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates

The creature affected by this spell suffers a penalty to Dexterity equal to 5d6. The subject's Dexterity score cannot drop below 1. Any time the target attempts to move in combat, they have a 50% chance of tripping and falling, suffering 1d6 points of damage and going prone.

This spell is difficult to remove, requiring a wish or miracle that succeeds on an opposed caster level check against the caster of this spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Hi! I'm interested in Sor/Wiz spells that can be Widened (especially burst/emanation/spread), and Fire spells in particular.

I'm also interested in Sor/Wiz spells that can provide healing, and other spells that can allow someone to fight like a hero and then explode.

For this purpose, Sanctified spells and the like are also fine, so long as a Good Sor/Wiz can use them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Relevant spell from the booster. It's intended for Xandra and may or may not bear her name in the final revision. It's also first draft so bear in mind details may change when I do mechanical balancing.

Starbeam
Evocation [Light]
Level: Sor/Wiz 15
Components: V, S, F
Range: 400ft
Area: Line from your hand
Saving Throw: Reflex half

You emit a beam of starlight that vaporizes anything within it, dealing 1d8 points of damage per caster level (maximum 45d8)

Focus

A small teardrop shaped star's tear gemstone worth 2,000 gold.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Spell booster will be out sometime tomorrow. It's mostly done, just need to add a few more, polish things up and do some deliberations. I need a bit of time away from it though, it's been a lot of work and I need a mental chance to relax.

In other news, the vacation's been pleasant for me. Not great because of RL things like the hurricane threat that never was, but pleasant and it's helped me recharge my batteries.
<Afina> Forever.