DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

This one's experimental. The level's a ballpark estimate at best.

Stars of Mystra are 40th level spellcasters in multiple fields of magic. They're over in C&M if you're curious.

Summon Star of Mystra
Conjuration (Summoning) [Good]
Level: Clr 20, Sor/Wiz 20
Components: V, S, DF, Special
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Effect: 1 summoned Star of Mystra
Duration: Concentration; up to 1 round/level + 1 round
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell summons a Star of Mystra from Dweomerheart It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. It understands your speech, regardless of language, and it follows your commands to the best of its ability. You must concentrate to maintain the spell's effect, but commanding the creature is a free action.

Special

This spell can only be cast if you have Mystra's personal favor.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

And that's it for the spell booster. In a few days I'm going to round them all up and post them in homebrew as another booster. Enjoy.

FYI, if any of you think any of these spells should be on spell lists than besides the ones listed, say so.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This is a timeline. What I'd like for all of you to do is read this and tell me what you'd like to see on it. Obviously, things that are spoilers will not be added.

-Less than 1 year ago Aurora frees Lifasa and slays the Duke of Destiny.
-20 years ago Seira Aryn and Alicia Reynes rose as new demipowers.
-21 years ago Zquujaj wages war on Hell
-300 to 400 years ago Empress Sulia rises as a new demipower.
-600 or so years ago Beginning of Lifasa's golden age.
-780 years ago Akil bin Faheem obtains Razalim, a powerful but legendarily cursed scimitar.
-1000 years ago Talos abandons Fury's Heart and creates Nature's Heart. His rise is held to be some sort of cosmic counter balance to Torm's fall by many, but this is not confirmed.
-2000 years ago Bel replaced Zariel as Lord of the First.
-2000 years ago War against the Gnomish God-King, which leads to the fall of Torm.
-3000 years ago. Fall of the Lost Eastlands and the rampage of the Destroyer.
-2800 years ago The current Padisha of the Marid took the Coral Throne.
-5000 years ago Primus concludes a vast calculation that indicates Shar will win and end all of Creation. This is known as the Prophecy of Primus.
-8900 years ago Defeat of The Father and his sealing, then the book's transport to Valgadda, which is no more.
- 10400 years ago Lifasa is created.
- 12490 years ago Cerulean Joy and Vel Custos are married.
- 14350 years ago. Cerulean Joy returns to Celestia as a planetar and rises to the position of Authority of Absolution in seven years.
- 67200 years ago. The Lost Chalice is stolen from Celestia and taken to Dis, where she remains in captivity to this day.

After this point, precise timekeeping is uncertain and unclear. However, the order of these events is clear. Note that the last entry above this is not the point in time at which this section begins.

- Cerulean Joy fails to find enlightenment in Jovar and fails to reach Chronias. Disturbed, she leaves Celestia.
- Rogan Palethos explores Elysium and writes one of the only known accounts of Cantasa Alexandria that is not fully anathemic knowledge.
- First known invocation of Zaphkiel's Blessing, which destroyed most of a Prime Material world and vaporized a Far Realm incursion.
- The Angel of Last Resort is created by Queen Morwel.
- Medi's era, leading to the creation and loss of Medicant.
- Creation of the Hecatoncheries, followed by its rebellion and relocation to the Abyss.
- Temporal Compact is agreed to. Time travel past this point is forbidden and enforced by powerful guardians.
- The Red Knight obtains divinity and challenges the demon lord Balum, slaying him and destroying him for all time.
- The first vampire vanishes, either dead or in some sort of sleep.
- Triel, the future Beezlebub, is cast out of the Heavens along with many other celestials for falling to evil's corruption.
- Triel's Furnace is created.
- Eblis falls from the Heavens and goes to brood in Fire, after a short stopover in Hell.
- Creation of the City of Brass and the organization of efreet society by the Crimson Firebrand.

All of these dates are too ancient to have meaningful numbers. However, they're in order as best as anyone could determine. It may be wrong in these cases, but it's a rough idea.

- The angels embrace both law and chaos, preserving harmony in the Heavens and bringing peace to that conflict, if not resolution.
- Alleged creation date of the Siege Malicious. As most sources are yugoloths, this should be taken with several grains of salt.
- Primus first identified as the leader of Mechanus.
- First serious conflicts in what would later become known as the Blood War. Conflict existed but not on the great scale of that right away.
- Queen Morwel become Queen of Stars and established her rule over Arborea.
- Asmodeus became King of Hell and configured Hell into its current political form.
- First known appearance of Zaphkiel, though it is generally held he existed before that.
- Shar and Selune first do battle over a Prime world. Legends say that the world was shattered in the conflict.
- Rise of Good and Evil in addition to Law and Chaos. How this impacted early Creation's planar structure is unknown.
- The beginning. The exact time is lost to history and perhaps intentionally hidden. Little of Creation's beginnings are known, though many creation myths exist.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

An example of Chronomancy has been added to retired spells in the Spell Collection. It came up in Alicia's thread. The simplest example to be fair, but hey.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Quote-3000 years ago. Fall of the Lost Eastlands and the rampage of the Destroyer.

Swap these around, it triggers my OCD something fierce.

Other than that... Malcanthet seems to be semi relevant to this game so stick some stuff in there for her history? Androlynne's a big enough deal to be mentioned as well, covering how long that lost generation was trapped for. Could mention the Eladrin/Fey split and subsequent Seelie/Unseellie one.

Anastasia

It's already fixed on my main copy of it. Yeah, it annoyed me as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Maybe some mentions of when The Lost Realm was established? I'd be curious (if it isn't a spoiler) when the first person "graduated" from there too.

Anastasia

Humble Words added to the Spell Collection.

Also noted you too, I'm gonna do another post about those suggestions this evening.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Corrupt spell index added to the spell collection. There's not many, as most aren't publicly posted, but the ones that are known are now sorted.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A first update to the timeline will ideally be up before session. It's a lot of note checking and getting everything just so.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 08, 2018, 12:03:59 PM
Maybe some mentions of when The Lost Realm was established? I'd be curious (if it isn't a spoiler) when the first person "graduated" from there too.

Having had a thought about it, that's probably best revealed IC first.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

DM NOTE: All newly added times are not final. I have a ton of note checking to do, so I'm often slotting 'good enough' with the understanding this can and will change in later drafts. If you can produce a log that says otherwise on something or is otherwise off, please do so. It'll save me work.

In particular the Androlynne, Consorts of Queen Morwel and such parts are very tentative. I need to dive into old notes for those, ones I don't have immediately handy.

Understand that beyond the immediate past (100 years or less), times are somewhat estimated and rounded off. 10s of years are only used when needed, generally things are rounded to the nearest 100 years once past 1000 years in the past.

Right now the timeline tends to focus on a few realms in particular. That simply comes down to where I had material written out and available when I made this timeline. It'll be expanded in due time.

Next edition: Other planes and pantheons being added, Glasae Queen's birth being slotted, more on the Adversary, lots of odds and ends, tense/grammar cleanups. Suggestions welcome.

Timeline.

-Less than 1 year ago Aurora frees Lifasa and slays the Duke of Destiny.
-20 years ago Seira Aryn and Alicia Reynes rose as new demipowers.
-20 years ago The Lost Children of Androlynne are rescued by the Crimson Guard.
-20 years ago Helm moves against Kelemvor and creates the Well of Souls, lead by Demedais the Prophet.
-21 years ago Zquujaj wages war on Hell
-350 years ago Empress Sulia rises as a new demipower.
-600 years ago Beginning of Lifasa's golden age.
-610 years ago The most recent master of the Whirlwind Throne ascends.
-780 years ago Akil bin Faheem obtains Razalim, a powerful but legendarily cursed scimitar.
-950 years ago The Hag Countess is overthrown by Glasya, who becomes the new Lord of the Sixth.
-1000 years ago Talos abandons Fury's Heart and creates Nature's Heart. His rise is held to be some sort of cosmic counter balance to Torm's fall by many, but this is not confirmed.
-1800 years ago A quarut named Chrona arrives at this time to preserve and protect a temporal anomaly for Alicia Reynes and Syala, future deities.
-1900 years ago Bel replaced Zariel as Lord of the First.
-2000 years ago Zariel rises as Lord of the First.
-2000 years ago War against the Gnomish God-King, which leads to the fall of Torm.
-2400 years ago The lost children of Androlynne
-3000 years ago. Fall of the Lost Eastlands and the rampage of the Destroyer.
-5000 years ago Primus concludes a vast calculation that indicates Shar will win and end all of Creation. This is known as the Prophecy of Primus.
-6400 years ago Lady Gwynharwyf becomes one of the two consorts of Queen Morwel.
-6700 years ago Faerinaal becomes one of the two consorts of Queen Morwel.
-6800 years ago Death of Vaeros, Consort of Queen Morwel.
-7000 years ago The Lost Children of Androlynne are imprisoned.
-8900 years ago Defeat of The Father and his sealing, then the book's transport to Valgadda, which is no more.
- 10400 years ago Lifasa is created.
- 12500 years ago Cerulean Joy and Vel Custos are married.
- 13400 years ago Zaaman Rul is defeated by Imix on the Plain of Burnt Dreams.
- 14300 years ago. Cerulean Joy returns to Celestia as a planetar and rises to the position of Authority of Absolution in seven years.
- 28100 years ago. Purple Star is defeated by the Red Knight and joins her army. Renbuu probably approves.
- 67200 years ago. The Lost Chalice is stolen from Celestia and taken to Dis, where she remains in captivity to this day.

After this point, precise timekeeping is uncertain and unclear. However, the order of these events is clear. Note that the last entry above this is not the point in time at which this section begins.

- Malcanthet becomes Queen of Succubi.
- Cerulean Joy fails to find enlightenment in Jovar and fails to reach Chronias. Disturbed, she leaves Celestia.
- Rogan Palethos explores Elysium and writes one of the only known accounts of Cantasa Alexandria that is not fully anathemic knowledge.
- First known invocation of Zaphkiel's Blessing, which destroyed most of a Prime Material world and vaporized a Far Realm incursion.
- The Angel of Last Resort is created by Queen Morwel.
- The legend of the Great Xorn spreads amid the creatures of Earth.
- Medi's era, leading to the creation and loss of Medicant.
- Auril triumphs on a long forgotten world as her own and claims Arctinal as her servant.
- Creation of the Hecatoncheries, followed by its rebellion and relocation to the Abyss.
- The Seelie and Unseelie Fey split apart, as a result of some of the leShay exploring winter's cold heart.
- Temporal Compact is agreed to. Time travel past this point is forbidden and enforced by powerful guardians.
- In the shadow of a deadlocked Convocation of Time, the fey and eladrin are split by Queen Morwel.
- The Red Knight obtains divinity and challenges the demon lord Balum, slaying him and destroying him for all time.
- Scholars of the Abyss note that Ubalukk obyriths have seemingly vanished from the Abyss.
- Beelzebub becomes Lord of the Seventh and Belial becomes Lord of the Fourth.
- The first vampire vanishes, either dead or in some sort of sleep.
- Villisa is captured by a cleric of Loviatar and tormented for a decade.
- Triel, the future Beezlebub, is cast out of the Heavens along with many other celestials for falling to evil's corruption.
- Triel's Furnace is created.
- Eblis falls from the Heavens and goes to brood in Fire, after a short stopover in Hell.

All of these dates are too ancient to have meaningful numbers. However, they're in order as best as anyone could determine. It may be wrong in these cases, but it's a rough idea.

- Creation of the City of Brass and the organization of efreet society by the Crimson Firebrand.
- The angels embrace both law and chaos, preserving harmony in the Heavens and bringing peace to that conflict, if not resolution.
- Alleged creation date of the Siege Malicious. As most sources are yugoloths, this should be taken with several grains of salt.
- Primus first identified as the leader of Mechanus.
- First serious conflicts in what would later become known as the Blood War. Conflict existed but not on a great scale until then.
- Queen Morwel became Queen of Stars and established her rule over Arborea.
- Asmodeus became King of Hell and configured Hell into its current political form.
- First known appearance of Zaphkiel, though it is generally held he existed before that.
- Shar and Selune first do battle over a Prime world. Legends say that the world was shattered in the conflict.
- Rise of Good and Evil in addition to Law and Chaos. How this impacted early Creation's planar structure is unknown.
- The beginning. The exact time is lost to history and perhaps intentionally hidden. Little of Creation's beginnings are known, though many creation myths exist.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on November 07, 2018, 09:41:33 PM
I was thinking of making a stronger version of Share Talents, but I wasn't sure if it deserved to have a "stronger" and then "much stronger" version. I have provided both for consideration.

As a note, the PHBII refers to the Consecrated Harrier class when discussing this spell that I just knocked off of here because I don't know what the fuck it is but you could always add it back in if you wanted to.

I also admit I'm confused that Druids don't get the spell, but Rangers do? I dunno, just seems weird to me.

Greater Share Talents
Transmutation
Level: Bard 6, Cleric 7, Ranger 7, Sorcerer 7, Wizard 7, Spellthief 7

This spell functions as Share Talents, except it gives +6 bonus to skill checks.

Superior Share Talents
Transmutation
Level: Bard 9, Cleric 10, Ranger 10, Sorcerer 10, Wizard 10, Spellthief 10

This spell functions as Share Talents, except it gives +10 bonus to skill checks.

A gentle reminder.

Anastasia

Seira and Moore, you have reached level up time. Congratulations! Go ahead and begin your level ups.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Rogue//Arcane Trickster, as planned.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake