News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Probably, yes. Something akin to commune but scaled up. I'm fine with it as an epic spell but it does need that.

That being said, 'talk to your deity or a direct agent thereof' should probably be dressed up ab it more thematically to help sell it as an epic spell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Commune with deity
Divination
Level: Clr 10 (11?)
Components: V, S, M, DF
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/5 levels

This spell communes directly with the deity you serve or another like-minded deity.

You may ask one question per five caster levels of the deity, and there is no limit on how many words, or how few, the deity chooses to use for your questions.

Material Component

Incense and oils worth 5,000 gp.

I am still not sure on the spell level.

Anastasia

DM work didn't happen this weekend. I ended up needing a mental break, brain was insistent. I may take a partial DM work day this week to catch up, details TBA.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Fast and dirty spell from Dolmaya convo:

Ectoplasmic Terrain
Transmutation/Conjuration (Light)
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
Area: Five 10-ft. cubes + one 10ft. cube/level (S)
Duration: 1 round/level, or concentration.
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

You cover the surrounding terrain in viscous, light emitting ectoplasm, creating a new terrain-scape on top of the existing one.

You can shape the ectoplasmic terrain to fit any shape you want and can, to a degree, change the opaqueness of it. You can also change the intensity of the light it gives off, making it as dim or bright as you like.

The light given off by this spell is the same as true daylight. Creatures within the effect can move through the ectoplasm, as it is not a solid object, but doing so slows them to 1/2 their land movement speed for as long as they remain in it. Traversing it normally does not impede movement.

The ectoplasm does not vanish until the spell duration has expired, but if the spell is dispelled and the ectoplasm has been in existence for more than 1 minute, it vanishes instantly.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

How's this look?

Commune With Deity
Divination
Level: Clr 11
Duration: 10 minutes

This spell allows you to commune directly with the deity your serve. You may ask questions, up to one per five caster levels. The deity is free to answer them as they please, with no limits on how they respond. A deity can give you a yes or a no answer, a simple sentence as an answer or a deeper, more complex discussion as they desire.

Material Component

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That's fine, with the minor correction of the "your" should be "you." :)

Anastasia

There, that should be good. Anything else while you're on typo patrol? Seriously, it's legitimately helpful, those sort of typos can be a pain to catch.

Commune With Deity
Divination
Level: Clr 11
Duration: 10 minutes

This spell allows you to commune directly with the deity you serve. You may ask questions, up to one per five caster levels. The deity is free to answer them as they please, with no limits on how they respond. A deity can give you a yes or a no answer, a simple sentence as an answer or a deeper, more complex discussion as they desire.

Material Component

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Not sure about 9, but true sunlight makes it higher than 5 and tweaking. We'll see how it goes.

The third paragraph, you talk about moving through the ectoplasm. What exactly do you mean there?

Ectoplasmic Terrain
Conjuration/Transmutation (Creation) [Light]
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Area: One 10ft cube/level
Duration: 1 round/level

You cover the surrounding terrain in viscous, light emitting ectoplasm, creating a new terrain-scape on top of the existing one.

You can shape the ectoplasmic terrain to fit any shape you want and can, to a degree, change the opaqueness of it. You can also change the intensity of the light it gives off, making it as dim or bright as you like.

The light given off by this spell is the same as true daylight. Creatures within the effect can move through the ectoplasm, as it is not a solid object, but doing so slows them to 1/2 their land movement speed for as long as they remain in it. Traversing it normally does not impede movement.

The ectoplasm does not vanish until the spell duration has expired, but if the spell is dispelled and the ectoplasm has been in existence for more than 1 minute, it vanishes instantly.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on October 14, 2019, 10:36:17 PM
Not sure about 9, but true sunlight makes it higher than 5 and tweaking. We'll see how it goes.

The third paragraph, you talk about moving through the ectoplasm. What exactly do you mean there?

Ectoplasmic Terrain

Like, walking through it. If I make a wall of ectoplasm, for example, it's not a solid object so you should be able to push/move through it, but walking around the wall wouldn't impede you.

Anastasia

I'll finish that and do Eb's spell in the morning. I ended up dozing right at evening session end and I'm a groggy messy now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ectoplasmic Terrain

The light given off by this spell is the same as true daylight. Creatures within the ectoplasm can move through the it, as it is not a solid object, but this halves their movement speed.

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Corwin

Dune, I believe you asked for a reminder for realm update posts.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Thank you. It's been a bit of an RL thing, this is a good reminder.
<Afina> Forever.