News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Actually, was Wildaros going to do any more rounds than yours and Moore's node? If so I'd like to handle it all in one great big swoop. Let me know, people.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

I suppose I ought to actually complete this for myself, huh.

Moore Reaches level 37!

Singer of the Celestial Choir 7 and Favored Soul 7.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for (8+9+4) 21 hit points for a total of 763 with Wildaros added, that brings it up to 763+29, so 792. :)
-+1 BAB to 28
-+1 SR to 52
-Bard casting goes to 35, this is +1 11th level spell known
-Favored Soul casting to 25, +1 11th level spell known
-Superb Dispelling for Bard, Mass Wall of Greater Dispel Magic for Favored Soul
-Gains Song of Rebirth, which we hopefully never have to use
-Saves stay the same
-Skills go up as normal

This is awkward, but it looks like I never took the epic feat for Bard getting to 29 back when we ported everything over here, so I am going to do that now. I've hemmed and hawed over a choice and was thinking of trying to use the Epic songs I came up with but since those are technically "newer" than this feat would be it'd feel weird taking them.

With that said, he will be taking Epic Skill Focus: Diplomacy to make more friends.

Corwin

Like I said, Alicia (it just hasn't happened IC). The fact that I have the artifact is a secret for the time being, so outside my closest allies here no one would even know I have it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

It hasn't come up, but sure Alicia and friends would give the thing a try.

Anastasia

Okay cool. Thanks I'll post changes when they're done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ranbar reaches level 37.

- Cloistered Cleric 37 and Perfectus 27.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 23 hit points and a grand total of 867 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +25.
- +1 spell resistance to 52.
- +1 lore for 49.
- Exalted inspiration's bonus rises by 1 to +7.
- Gains 37th level cleric spellcasting. She grabs another barraged greater divine power for now.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Spells posted here are first draft. Bear that in mind, typo corrections and feedback are welcome. Okay? Okay.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

DM notes: Still isn't helpful against epic poisons unless a deity is the caster, but such is the problem of magic against antimagic. A poison that overcame this spell, such as let's say Talona doing something since we all know why Syala made this spell, wouldn't be purged by this spell or the damage undone. In other words, if Talona won the rank check to penetrate the immunity this spell grants, it wouldn't undo what the poison does.

A corner case I wouldn't normally address, but considering the inspiration this is worth mentioning.

That aside, it's essentially the various uses of neutralize poison combined, with the ability to heal the effects of poison as well. Also considering the origins of this spell, Syala doesn't really want her name on it.

Poisonbane
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Drd 15
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 100ft/level
Area: 100ft/level radius emanation
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell halts and purges any poisons that affects any creatures within the area of the spell. This is identical to a neutralize poison spell, except that it also reverses any harm caused by poisons. This happens when the spell is cast and at the beginning of the caster's turn every round thereafter. This reversal includes hit point loss, ability score damage, ability score drain and other effects, such as unconsciousness, though this spell cannot resurrect those slain by poison.

All poisons within the area of the spell are neutralized and ineffective. Poisonous creatures are not poisonous for the duration of the spell, poisonous substances cause no harm to creatures and even spells that cause poison are unable to poison creatures.

This spell was created by a goddess who finished second best in a battle against Talona.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Not sure about this one, let me know what y'all think. The creator of it is obvious.

Dolmaya's Irritated Dismissal
Evocation [Air]
Level: Sor/Wiz 15
Components: V, S, M
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

By means of a sudden, unearthly blast of wind, this spell immediately removes a creature from the caster's presence. The target is sent flying up and away at supersonic speeds, propelling them 1000ft per caster level. This travel happens instantaneously and goes upward and away in a parabolic arc. Regardless, this travel deals 30d6 points of damage to the creature, as well as 20d6 points of damage from the fall (damage from the fall may be mitigated normally, but this has no impact on the rest of the spell).

Should the target impact a solid object during this movement, such as a wall or ceiling, they suffer the full 30d6 points of damage and stop moving. This may result in a fall and further damage.

Creatures who have dealt damage to the caster in the past round suffer a -4 penalty to the saving throw.

Material Component

A golden feather.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Is the fall damage affected by metamagic?

Otherwise... 50d6 is potentially a lot, but it's easily cut down to 30d6 by feather fall or epic acrobatics, so it's probably okay. Fun effect on it.

Anastasia

It isn't intended to be affected by metamagic, no.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

What does the Fort negate? The damage, or being sent away as well?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Is this spell breakable? Let me know what y'all think.

Phoenixfire
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 15
Components: V, S
Range: Long (400ft + 40ft/level)
Target: One creature; see text
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell conjures a gout of pure, red flames that take the shape of a phoenix. This strikes a single creature for 30d6 points of fire damage with a Reflex save for half damage. Each round past the first, the flames are reborn at the beginning of your turn. They form the same phoenix and strike again. If the previous target is still alive and in range, it will target them again. Otherwise, as a move action, you may designate another target. If you do not, the phoenixfire does not strike that round, but it appears each round for the duration should you choose to in a later round.

You may only have one phoenixfire spell active at once. 
<Afina> Forever.