News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Jarem reaches level 36.

- Cleric (Crusader variant) 36 and Knight 36.
- Maximum hit points per hit dice for a total of 25 hit points and a total of 900 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 36.
- Gains a new deific foe. Malcanthet is chosen, understanding it's purely a placeholder until he has his own choices sorted out as he's a deity now.
- Gains another daily knight's challenge.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains level 36 cleric spellcasting. This is a new 14th and a 15th level spell. Jarem selects antimagic zone and call primal elemental. He needs homebrew but I'll do that a bit later so I get through level ups faster.
- No change to saves.
- +1 wisdom.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Epic Agile Shield Fighter(36) is his new feat.

Spoiler block and divine tab in the next post.

SLAs and spells.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

From the bureau of doing things as a break from level ups, I:'m auditing skill ranks to make sure everyone has the right number. With divine rank and permanent intelligence boosts being a factor, odds are at least some of these are off.

Antenora checks out.

Latha's short 5 skills. She's due 22 maxed out and she only has 17 maxed out. She has racial hit dice as well, so she can go for most anything that's reasonably relevant for her. She selects Appraise, Swim, Craft(Stonemasonry), Acrobatics and finally Use Magic Device. Appraise and Craft are obvious, as one is her niche and Appraise is closely tied to item creation. It's natural she'd pick it up being deep in those matters. Use Magic Device is also an outgrowth of that, simply by dint of all the magical items she's worked with. Acrobatics and Swim is Latha improving her general athletics, which is something worthwhile for her.

Jessica's short 6 skills. She's due 21 maxed out and she only has 15 maxed out. She goes with Appraise, Disguise, Intimidate, Perform(Act), Craft(Trapmaking) and Perform(Song). These are all rogue options, she's going to run the table there since it makes sense for her. Perform(Song) is purely when you get down to it, it couldn't hurt to be able to try and outsing Shar. Perhaps utterly futile, but you never know.

Syala checks out.

Cresiel is short 6 skills. He's due 27 maxed out and he only has 21 maxed out. He'll spend four to get the last four Knowledge skills and consolidate into Knowledge(All), then spend the other two on Craft(Weaponsmithing) and Perform(Oratory). The first fits a war deity (he'd normally go for armorsmithing with his personality and focus, but this is an intentional choice to expand his horizons) and the second is very similar to Perform(Song), which he already has, and it also fits a war deity. FYI, you should get Cresiel to sing sometime, Moore.

Xandra is short 5 skills. She's due 22 maxed out and she only has 17 maxed out. She spend the 5 points to upgrade to Knowledge(All). Fits both her and Cresiel, since they're old celestials that have ascended and have a large knowledge base to begin with. The fact that it's quick and tidy is just a side benefit. At worst, blame Sylvie. You probably pick up all sorts of random crap being around her.

Kaja is short 5 skills. He's due 17 maxed out and he only has 12 maxed out. He goes with Handle Animal, Ride, Craft(Armorsmithing), Craft(Weaponsmithing) and Knowledge(Arcana). The first four are purely fighter skills and the craft choices are obvious for a war deity. The last is from his half dragon side, he has reason to be up on dragons and dragon-kin.

Jetina is short 5 skills. She's due 16 maxed out and she has 11 maxed out. She goes with Knowledge(Nature), Survival, Swim and Perform(Song). These are all assorted class skills, clearing those out.

Sylvie is short 10 skills. She's 34 skills maxed out and she has 24 maxed out. Whimper for me. She goes with Climb, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Perform(Wind Instruments), Ride, Sleight of Hand, Survival, Swim, Craft(Bookbinding) and finally Profession(Sage). She has factotum which means everything's class skills, so she'll probably master skills and skills and skills and there's no escape.

Jarem is short 3 skills. He's due 14 maxed out and he only has 11 maxed out. He goes with Swim, Knowledge(N&R) and Handle Animal. Just knocking out class skills.

I'll do the rest in level ups since they're a tomorrow todo.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira's lvl36 level-up

PRISMATIC DRAGON 1//Arcane Trickster26
+1 SR
HP: +d12+Con+Epic Toughness
Con +1
BAB +1
SA: +1d6
+1 CL
15th level spells
New skills: Craft/Writing (30), Profession/Merchant (30), Perform/String Instruments (10)
Epic Feats: Epic Toughness (lvl36), Specialized Metamagic/Widen Spell (B, at26/lvl36)
Prismatic Dragon: Wis +4, Int +4, Cha +4
Prismatic Immunities (Ex): Prismatic dragons cannot be harmed by any light, including spells with the light descriptor, searing light, and the various prismatic (sphere, spray, wall) spells. In addition, they are immune to any spell or effect that causes blindness. Prismatic dragons are immune to sleep and paralysis effects.
Damage Reduction (Ex): A prismatic dragon's damage reduction changes from the base creature's. It can now only be bypassed by epic, adamantine weapons that are colorless. If the base creature did not have damage reduction, it gains damage reduction 10/epic, adamantine weapons that are colorless. If the base creature's damage reduction was below 10, it becomes 10.
Regeneration (Ex): A prismatic dragon gains regeneration equal to its hit dice divided by three. A prismatic dragon takes lethal damage from weapons that successfully defeat its damage reduction.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Yeah, even though we've been chasing the seeds some nice things were accomplished as well, including Bytopia. I'm actually pretty happy it was a collaboration with Alicia, since it feels like a continuation of the duties we accepted in B1.

The Cauldron's not letting go of Astral that easily, but given that people I didn't want to fight kept opposing the expansion of my interests there we can preserve what sphere of influence we had and expand in Bytopia! Also, fuck Shar, I just knew she'd try something there and good thing I moved over so quickly. Once Garl recovers it'd be another thing, but for now it's nice to have his back.

Curious how our expansion will go, myself! Still need to come up with nice names for everything, so if anyone has an idea it's a good time for it. Sanzha doesn't lack for names, at least. Donald's not allowed to name any landmarks, though.

Mechanics-wise, I'm finally going to do something I've been intending to for ages and dedicate roles to my avatars. A rogue, a paladin, a cleric and any other emulations. I don't know how often the opportunity will come to go incognito on Prime and have fun, but Marie's escapades suggest it happens a lot more often than I feared. So maybe a cute dual-wielding favored soul will make an appearance, or a traveling bard that stabs enemies with a fiddle's bow!

It'd be nice to see more of this with Sanzha, and for Kascha and Ranbar.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Jarem's spoiler block and divine tab are done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Emily reaches level 36.

- Sorcerer 36 and Dragonfire Knight 26.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 24 hit points and a grand total of 845 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 34.
- +1 spell resistance.
- +1 temp HP per day.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gains 36th level sorcerer casting.The upshot is 2 new 15th level spells, which are Call Primal Elemental and Greater Foresight. She wants both of these so this works nicely.
- Gains 32nd favored soul casting. This is more 13th level spells which I'll punt for now, as I forgot to add her eldritch knowledge spells for favored soul. I'll be in the trenches there soon enough, so it can wait until I do.
- No change to saves.
- +1 charisma.
- Skills redone. She had a lot of split skills so I dropped a few minor knowledge skills (geography, history, N&R) and consolidated the rest. She'll get those back as intelligence increases permit.
- Superior Initiative(36) is her new feat.
- Spoiler block updated.
- Divine tab updated.

Whew.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Bastian reaches level 36.

- Monk 36 and Horizon Walker 26.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 21 hit points and a grand total of 776 hit points.
- +1 spell resistance.
- +2 wholeness of body.
- +10ft movement speed from monk, effectively 20ft after Stride doubles.
- Strength domain's enhancement bonus rises by 1.
- Travel domain's daily duration rises by 1 round.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- No change to saves.
- Audible: +1 dex. He needs more for travel domain related SDAs.
- Skills go up as normal. He's also due 5 more skills, so he chooses Ride, Survival, Handle Animal, Knowledge(N&R) and Use Magic Device.
- Audible: Great Ability(Dexterity) for his level 36 feat. See above as for why. He's still short too.
- Spoiler tab updated.

Divine tab in the next post.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dolmaya reaches level 36.

- Fatemaker 25 and Sorcerer 36.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 18 hit points and a grand total of 652 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 27.
- Charisma rises by 1 from Take Charge Appeal.
- 36th level sorcerer spellcasting. She grabs Greater Foresight as her new spell for now, she'll likely retrain that shortly.
- 25th level fatemaker spellcasting. She grabs Sympathy as her new spell.
- No change to saves.
- +1 Charisma for a total of 43.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Her new feats are Epic Toughness(36) and Improved Aura of Confidence(F25)
- Spoiler block updated.

Progress!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl reaches level 36.

- Dragonbreath Archer 15 and Sorcerer 21.
- Maximum hit points her hit die for a total of 18 hit points and a grand total of 648 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 30.
- +1 spell resistance.
- +1 DC to explosive flames.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gets 23rd level sorcerer spellcasting. She'll grab Unseen Needle as her new spell.
- No change to saves.
- Audible: +1 Constitution. Her HP feels a little low so let's set up another gain there with DvR2.
- Skills go up as normal, those are in order.
- Her new feats are Epic Skill Focus(Stealth)(36) and Widen Explosive Flames(DBA15)
- Spoiler block updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sanzha reaches level 36.

- Marid 36 and Madalani 12.
- Maximum hit points per hit die for a total of 21 hit points and a grand total of 756 hit points.
- +1 spell resistance.
- +1 CL of SLAs.
- Gains 34th level bard casting. That's another 11th level spell per day and two more known. Sanzha selects Faerinaal's Revolt and I'll homebrew her a new spell after this.
- No change to saves.
- Audible: +1 Constitution, rather than spending a feat on great ability this level. She's at an odd number Con so it makes sense.
- She's 6 skills short, so she'll spend 4 to get Knowledge (All) and consolidate and then also grab Intimidate and Craft(Elements).
- Skills go up as normal otherwise.
- Audible:  Flood(36) and Epic Inspiration(M12). I forgot she still wanted that when I did her build chart, so fixed. +4 to all stats when in melody of water's a solid boost. '
- Spoiler block updated.

Decent level. Next after a break is a custom spell or two for her as well as her divine tab.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lyrical Waters
Conjuration (Healing) [Sonic, Water]
Level: Brd 11
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10ft/level
Targets: Any water source larger than one ounce; see text
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

When cast, this spell makes all water sources equal or larger to one ounce vibrate and faintly glow. This vibration emits a beautiful, ghostly song in Aquan that can be heard up to 30ft from a water source. Every creature who hears this song gains fast healing 10. Additionally, the song is disruptive towards spells that channel negative energy. Any spell or spell-like ability that inflicts negative levels, channels negative energy to injure creatures (such as an inflict light wounds spell) or raises the undead requires a Concentration check equal to the caster level of this spell + 20 to cast.

New Sanzha spell, I'll leave it up a bit for anyone to comment who wants to.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Hmm, I wonder how difficult it would be the meet the Concentration check on that spell? It'd be, what, 55ish or so?

I'd say you could probably put it at +30 instead of +20, since you do need the water to actually use it, and that may take some doing to begin with.

Anastasia

Kascha reaches level 36.

- Ghaele 36 and Wyrm Wizard 26.
- Maximum hit points her hit die for at total of 19 hit points and a grand total of 687 hit points.
- +1 spell resistance.
- Kascha may now use phoenix cry no matter the form she is in.
- Gains another spell from spell research. Kascha chooses Final Penance.
- +1 CL for SLAs.
- Gets 36th level wizard casting. This is 2 15th level spells, she goes for Final Penance and a Maximized Empowered Twinned Queen's Displeasure.
- No change to saves.
- +1 Intelligence.
- Kascha is 8 skills short. 3 are spend on Knowledge(All) since she's a knowledge deity so duh. Disguise, Craft(Pottery), Craft(Woodworking), Climb and Craft(Gemcutting). She essentially grabbed what looked good to her.
- Epic Toughness(36) is her new feat.

Solid enough level, spoiler block update and divine tab shortly.
<Afina> Forever.