News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Saint's Mercy and Simmer's Lava Wall added to the collection. Also Saint's Mercy is now a healer 18 spell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 12, 2021, 10:50:26 AM
A wild spell draft appears!

Dragon's Hoard
Transmutation
Level: Dragon 12
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Area: 100ft/level radius emanation
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Your carrying capacity increases by a factor of 10, and anything you carry is considered a light load. As a full-round action, any unattended item or items you are able to carry within the radius of this spell can be collected into your hoard and converted into tattoos that line your arms. As a swift action, you are able to project any single object from this hoard within the spell's radius. If the projected object appears without support, it will fall when gravity takes hold of it. A full-round action is required to expel the entire hoard into a designated place within the spell's radius. Only inanimate objects are subject to this spell. Casting this spell before its duration resets the duration of the previous casting.

Okay, let's see.

When it first mentions your hoard, what your hoard is isn't defined. It goes into tattoos that appear on your arms but doesn't really elaborate. Reading it the idea's fine, there's just a bit of terminology uncertainty that needs to be cleaned up. Something like below. Also, what happens to objects absorbed when the duration expires?

Dragon's Hoard
Transmutation
Level: Dragon 12
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Area: 100ft/level radius emanation
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Your carrying capacity increases by a factor of 10 and anything you carry is considered a light load up to your maximum load.

Additionally, tattoos of dragon treasure cover your arms, images of a dragon's hoard. As a full round action, any unattended items within the radius of this spell can be collected into your hoard tattoos, up to the limits of your maximum load. As a swift action, you are able to project any single object from this hoard within the spell's radius. If the projected object appears without support, it will fall when gravity takes hold of it.

A full round action is required to expel the entire hoard into a designated place within the spell's radius. Only inanimate objects are subject to this spell. Casting this spell before its duration resets the duration of the previous casting.

When this spell expires, any items that remain in your hoard appear around you.

---

That about right? The first part about carrying capacity assumes it wasn't meant to be no limit to your maximum load since it boosted your carrying capacity. If that's mistaken let me know.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

No, that's correct. Since we're going into terminology, I might as well ask. Is a house that no one is in considered an unattented item?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Technically yes, but I imagine most would be over the weight limit of the spell for most casters. I'd rule that if anyone were inside it would count as attended in this particular case, but if you found an empty house within your weight limit I don't see why not.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Cool. If all's good it'll go in the collection tomorrow morning. Anyone else, this is your chance to chime in.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I suppose Ranbar doesn't qualify for Divine Factotum, and there's no Divine Cleric, which is a shame.

She needs to take Automatic Metamagic: Barrage Spell.

Incidentally, that will free up Easy Metamagic: Barrage Spell. That feat could go into Widen Spell, and then she could also get Battle Metamagic either now or at a later date if she'd like to.

Battlesense and Divine Fast Healing could be useful. She can get Increased Spell Resistance or Divine Dodge for better defense, or even both. Know Secrets fits her, and it's a total NPC ability. See Magic is a decent support ability.

Anastasia

Automatic doesn't work for barrage, it specifies non epic metamagic.

Others will be taken under consideration once I hash out her domains.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ranbar reaches divine rank 1. Congratulations.

First and foremost, domains. She already has 5 as a cleric so we'll start from there. Good, Glory, Hope, Knowledge and War. These are all Seira domains and while they fit, I'd like a bit more variety. Good is automatic. Knowledge is 1000% on target for her. That's 2. Hope I'll keep as well. That's 3 and 1 more to go since Good is a freebie. She'll just keep War for now. That's her set.

Ranbar gains spontaneous divine casting. Sure, there's no divine cleric, but she gets a big reward there anyway.

Strength and Charisma hit new ability score modifiers. Not a huge gain for her but every bit helps.

Right, so SDAs. She gets 5. Battlesense, Increased Spell Resistance, Know Secrets all fit. Two more. She has enough healing that divine fast healing is a later luxury. Divine dodge doesn't fit her domains as of now - it has like three or four suggested ones and she's not close to any. See magic has a prereq issue. So two more. Hm. I'll sleep on that and her two open feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I strongly request that she takes Easy Metamagic: Vivacious Spell and Specialized Metamagic: Vivacious Spell for the two epic feat slots. Since she got Vivacious Spell as a feat at lvl23, there should be no problem with grabbing these at lvl33 and lvl35. It'll make her effective, sure, but it'll also make running her spells easier.

Incidentally, this one is another request. Please swap one of the Improved Metamagic feats for Specialized Metamagic: Barrage Spell. The only thing adversely affected would be Twin Spell, and she can actually get Automatic Metamagic: Twin as one of her open SDAs. In fact, this would boost her magical game while simplifying it.

If you want to keep with the theme, the second SDA can be Automatic Metamagic: Maximize.

Nephrite

Let met take another swing at this.

Sonic Rupture
Evocation [Sonic, Force]
Level: Brd 13, Sor/Wiz 15
Range: 100 ft.
Radius: Cone-shaped burst
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

You reave the very air in front of you, sending a cone of cacophonic sounds forward to push back and devastate those caught in it. This spell does 25d6 sonic damage and 25d6 force damage, which is capable of striking incorporeal targets. Creatures within the cone of this spell that fail their Fortitude save are permanently deafened and silenced by the sheer destruction of sound it causes. In addition, all creatures affected by this spell are pushed back 10 ft. per caster level and are slowed, as if by the spell for 5d6 rounds. Creatures that succeed on a Fortitude save take half damage, are not pushed back, are not deafened or silenced, and are shaken for one round. Creatures within 10 ft. of the casting of this spell receive -5 to the Fortitude save.

Anastasia

Ranbar part 2, Seira loot part 3, spells and Sanzha. Busy busy DM. Oh and the posts above, obviously.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 13, 2021, 09:53:16 AM
I strongly request that she takes Easy Metamagic: Vivacious Spell and Specialized Metamagic: Vivacious Spell for the two epic feat slots. Since she got Vivacious Spell as a feat at lvl23, there should be no problem with grabbing these at lvl33 and lvl35. It'll make her effective, sure, but it'll also make running her spells easier.

Incidentally, this one is another request. Please swap one of the Improved Metamagic feats for Specialized Metamagic: Barrage Spell. The only thing adversely affected would be Twin Spell, and she can actually get Automatic Metamagic: Twin as one of her open SDAs. In fact, this would boost her magical game while simplifying it.

If you want to keep with the theme, the second SDA can be Automatic Metamagic: Maximize.

Okay, I'll check those over and see how it works out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Added Dragon's Hoard to the collection.
<Afina> Forever.