News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Zyvlyn loot.

Shadow's Cloak

This cloak functions as a cloak of resistance+6 that also grants a +20 competence bonus to Stealth checks. It grants darkvision 200ft when worn, as well as low-light vision. Spells from the shadow subschool gain a +2 bonus to caster level, as well as an extra point of damage per damage die if the spell deals damage.

Shadow's Blade

This shortsword+8, celestial dread and human dread adds the wielder's Dexterity modifier to damage in addition to their Strength modifier. When used with two weapon fighting, it also deals 1 points of Strength, Dexterity and Constitution damage a hit.

Nightfall

This weapon is currently in the shape of a shortsword but can take any weapon's shape as a swift action. Regardless of shape is a +6 weapon that deals double damage against paladins.

Black Star

A heavy mace+7, this mace is stronger when used with power attack and two hands. When used so, you triple the number you subtract from your attack roll as a bonus to damage. For example, if you use this mace two handed and take a -5 penalty to attack rolls with power attack, you deal 15 extra points of damage. Additionally, 3/day as an immediate action when you make a successful strike with Black Star, this mace may cast utterdark (CL34th).

Syvengal

This whip+9 functions as a bane weapon against any target. The wielder's Charisma gains a +10 enhancement bonus. Additionally, any Intimidate checks against creatures who have taken damage from this whip gain a +30 bonus.

Castle

These bracers are bracers of armor+12 that also grant resistance to acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic 50.

Spellbreak Bead

There are three of these beads left. When broken, a 30ft area is subjected to a superb dispelling with a +30 dispel check. It breaks where you want it do, and requires no contact or ranged attack roll to do so. You can use more than one sphere at a time, each sphere past the first grants an additional +3 bonus to the dispel check (maximum +42).
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

No real use for any of that and there's always a concern about using stuff closely tied to Shar, so into the vault it all goes.

Except the beads. Jessica can have them since they're disposable and she lacks a high tier dispel option.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 04, 2021, 09:59:12 AM
No real use for any of that and there's always a concern about using stuff closely tied to Shar, so into the vault it all goes.

Except the beads. Jessica can have them since they're disposable and she lacks a high tier dispel option.

Jessica will pass them to Latha to see if she can make more of them. She can, they're just very powerful expendable items.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Seira Loot For Imix Part 1

First of all what you got personally:

Millions of copper, brass and other small value coins. - This is still worth a decent chunk of gold, though unless you need exacts I won't bother going into exact numbers.

A sheathed short sword.

A non magical short sword. I presume this goes into the Cauldron's general use for something or another or is a trophy. Let me know.

A large jewelry box.

A well enough made jewelry box worth 120 gold. It's not exceptional but it's hardly poor quality.

A set of 24 crystal vials, likely meant for potions.

The vials are enchanted. If properly filled with water and a tiny bit of diamond dust, they'll produce a special potion that  heals 4d8+25 hit points. This takes 20 gold worth of diamond dust and 5 gold of specially purified water to produce. Each vial produces 1 dose and all 24 vials have to be filled at once for any to be properly enchanted.

Once enchanted these potions last indefinitely, but more cannot be made until all the doses are used and the vials reunited.

An old, rusty ring of keys.

An old ring of keys. Any use for them or desire to hold onto them, Seira?

Dragon eggs, alive.

Dragon eggs. I presume you have a plan for them?

Many gargoyle statues.

They're decent art if you want them for something in particular. Otherwise they're simply gargoyle statues.

Scrap metal.

It's scrap metal. Useful as supplies for pure gold piece value but not much else.

Soul gems.

Ah yes, this heap of gems. Plans?

Time gem.

Going to do anything with this?

Potions.

Heaps and heaps of low level potions. Considering you can create your own potions on demand or mimic them with alter reality, this is mostly supplies for the Cauldron, unless you have other plans.

Golden goblets.

Some nice golden goblets, each one worth a decent amount of gold.

Imix's drops will be part 2 and all the other stuff after will be part 3.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 05, 2021, 10:10:50 AM
Seira Loot For Imix Part 1

First of all what you got personally:

Millions of copper, brass and other small value coins. - This is still worth a decent chunk of gold, though unless you need exacts I won't bother going into exact numbers.

A sheathed short sword.

A non magical short sword. I presume this goes into the Cauldron's general use for something or another or is a trophy. Let me know.

A large jewelry box.

A well enough made jewelry box worth 120 gold. It's not exceptional but it's hardly poor quality.

A set of 24 crystal vials, likely meant for potions.

The vials are enchanted. If properly filled with water and a tiny bit of diamond dust, they'll produce a special potion that  heals 4d8+25 hit points. This takes 20 gold worth of diamond dust and 5 gold of specially purified water to produce. Each vial produces 1 dose and all 24 vials have to be filled at once for any to be properly enchanted.

Once enchanted these potions last indefinitely, but more cannot be made until all the doses are used and the vials reunited.

An old, rusty ring of keys.

An old ring of keys. Any use for them or desire to hold onto them, Seira?

Scrap metal.

It's scrap metal. Useful as supplies for pure gold piece value but not much else.

Potions.

Heaps and heaps of low level potions. Considering you can create your own potions on demand or mimic them with alter reality, this is mostly supplies for the Cauldron, unless you have other plans.

Golden goblets.

Some nice golden goblets, each one worth a decent amount of gold.

Imix's drops will be part 2 and all the other stuff after will be part 3.

All this will go into our vaults, after getting expertly vetted. It wouldn't do to leave some unnoticed trap, and it's good practice for our rogues and appraises as training.

Dragon eggs, alive.

Dragon eggs. I presume you have a plan for them?

Many gargoyle statues.

They're decent art if you want them for something in particular. Otherwise they're simply gargoyle statues.

Soul gems.

Ah yes, this heap of gems. Plans?

Time gem.

Going to do anything with this?

We'll handle this stuff semi-IC, I'll bring it up once the current business is done. Incidentally, we'll place the gargoyles at the Cauldron's (volcano) promenade, Minas Estel.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Cool, cool. Part 2 of loot will be tonight or tomorrow, this morning had some DM work and some personal stuff interfere.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Loot Part 2, Imix's drops.

All objects here are minor artifacts unless noted otherwise.

Ring of Fire Domination

This ring is a plain golden band set with hundreds of small ruby shards. When worn it functions as a ring of protection+8 and a ring of elemental command (fire) with all save DCs set to 50 and any spells that deal damage maximized. Any elemental with the fire subtype with less than 30 hit dice that sees this ring is cowed, this grants you a +40 bonus to any Charisma based checks against them and a -10 morale penalty to armor class and saving throws against your attacks.

Ioun Stone, Molten Steel Sphere

An ioun stone made of hundreds of melted ioun stones and other objects of power. It grants a +5 bonus to attack rolls. However, to use the stone and gain its benefits, a new user must sacrifice 500 hit dice of creatures with the water subtype to the stone. The souls of the creatures are absorbed by the stone and can only be freed by the destruction of it.

Necklace of the Mind Blaze

This curious necklace grants a +2 bonus to Intelligence as well as a +20 competence bonus to any skill checks related to the Elemental Plane of Fire, as well as creatures and objects native to it.

Part 3 will be things you looted directly from his palace afterwards.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Loot Part 3, Looted Objects.

There's a heap of mundane treasure as well as non epic magic items. These are mostly handwaved, but if you need something in particular along these lines speak up. You also grabbed several interesting things which are detailed below.

Feel free to make Knowledge checks on any that interest you.

Flaming Spellbook Set

A collection of fire themed spellbooks, encoded and enchanted. You can handle this but it'll take some time to unweave Imix's protections and harvest any spells from it. From what you can tell, there's several unknown spells within those pages.

Great Firestone Bomb

There are 28 of these little spheres of volcanic glass. They can be thrown up to 100ft and explode into a fireball that deals 25d6+25 points of fire damage. This fire damage is treated as searing, which ignores resistance to fire and deals half damage to creatures immune to fire. In all other aspects this is treated as the fireball spell.

Watersoul Harp

A lost harp said to once be owned by one of the Padishas of the Marid. This harp grants a +20 competence bonus to Perform (String Instruments) checks, and this bonus doubles to +40 in the hands of a marid. When used to perform bardic music, any marid or creature with the water subtype affected by that bardic music gains a +4 bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls and skill checks.

Menchos

Adamantine greataxe+11, chaos dread and keen. Deals a base damage of 3d12 and deals x4 damage on a critical hit. Grants the benefits of a shield of law spell (CL48) when held. Can be invoked three times per day to cast order's wrath that deals 200 damage to chaotic creatures before the saving throw and has doubled area (60ft cube) (CL48).

Menchos is a minor artifact.

Staff of True Fire

This unique staff regenerates one charge per day and repairs any damage to itself over one minute's time. It is capable of repairing itself even if disintegrated. It has a maximum of 50 charges and is fully charged.

Meteor Swarm (Maximized and Empowered) (1 charge)
Imix's Burning Scream (1 charge)
Summon Primal Elemental (Fire or Magma only) (1 charge)

Ring of Ultimate Protection

This ring functions as a ring of protection+10 and a cloak of resistance+10. It grants fast healing 5 when worn as well as immunity to poison. The wearer gains the benefits of a nondetection spell (CL40). Finally, the wearer gains resistance 100 to all five types of energy damage.

Hunter's Sigil

This emblem of a fist takes the place of a cloak or cape as a magical item. When worn by a ranger, they gain a +2 bonus all of their favored enemies. Should they manage to defeat a favored enemy with more hit dice with them in single combat, this bonus becomes permanent and they no longer need the sigil to gain this bonus.

Hunter's Sigil is a minor artifact.

Water's Embrace

This breastplate is made of a mix of blue ice and riverine. It functions as a breastplate+10 that grants a +6 bonus to saving throws against fire. At will as a swift action, the wearer can gain the benefits of an elemental body spell (water only). This lasts until the wearer dismisses it or no longer wears Water's Embrace.

If the wearer wishes, as a full round action Water's Embrace can bestow on them the half water elemental template. There is also a 1% chance per use of elemental body that this happens regardless. Once it does, Water's Embrace vanishes and that wearer will never find it again.

Water's Embrace is a minor artifact.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Moore Loot

A cut diamond bigger than Moore is.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Alyssa Pandemonium Loot

A bunch of possibly damaged materials and items.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Abyss Pandemonium Loot

58,490 gold in various damaged or salvageable goods, coin and miscellaneous treasure. This is a damaged mess but there's value here from what you sucked in.
113,400 gold in minor magical items of no note. Useful things but largely beneath your interest level.

Graven Blade: Longsword+6, keen. Grants a +20 competence bonus to Survival checks when carried or wielded. It can track creatures it has wounded and tasted the blood within the past day, as if by a find the path spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 22, 2021, 11:13:20 AM
Abyss Pandemonium Loot

58,490 gold in various damaged or salvageable goods, coin and miscellaneous treasure. This is a damaged mess but there's value here from what you sucked in.
113,400 gold in minor magical items of no note. Useful things but largely beneath your interest level.

Graven Blade: Longsword+6, keen. Grants a +20 competence bonus to Survival checks when carried or wielded. It can track creatures it has wounded and tasted the blood within the past day, as if by a find the path spell.

Nice. Is anyone interested in the sword?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Not really, it doesn't hit anyone in the group. Dolmaya will claim it if no one else does, or perhaps Jarem to have a reserve weapon.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

That's fine then, they can decide between themselves. Alyssa might suggest it would do well as a reward for one of their minions.

That means, splitting the gold between Bastian, Emily, Honeydip, and Alyssa comes out to... 42,972.5 gp each.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, I'll sort that out shortly. In the meantime, go reply in your thread and I'll get you moving.
<Afina> Forever.