News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

A New Beginning

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2018, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Six-seven inches tall and appropriately wide. It's huge by gemstone standards.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Eh, probably not big enough. Anything special about it under true seeing/detect psionics?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

No, it's just a huge gemstone.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

We'll let it go, then.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

A few hours later, Ebony sits in a richly decorated study, going over several documents.

"The good news is that the cult of Imix is not decentralized at this level," Ebony says, "This indicates at least half a dozen other cult hideouts in this kingdom and nearby ones.  Giving this to the Crown should solve the Imix infiltration. Further, this confirms the elemental you slew was likely Eye, as it mentions him coming. So I think we can consider the worst of the problems here defused, barring a possible Sharran incident. Jintorax is dead and so is Imix's cult here."

Once that's digested, "Also, read this," Ebony passes you a folded letter.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

The folder is lifted and perused.

Anastasia

It reads as follows.

Threat Assessment: Dana Langersun. High power threat, aligned with the Aurora. Irrelevant, brutish and mildly stupid. Do not engage directly, misdirect and set her against her father. Does not get along with her father, the King. Be wary of powerful allies from Aurora. In battle, disarm, entrap and burn alive.

"Dana is a Princess of Langersun," Ebony points out, "This letter is treasonous, in case they need any other reason to finish rooting out this cult."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh starts laughing, "And in the end, Dana had almost nothing to do with them getting taken down! They never even saw us coming!"

Anastasia

"Still, it leaves the main reason I came here - a Sharran." Ebony takes a breath, "But we aren't finding any sign of them directly. I intend to notify the King of the Sharrans in depth, in case we cannot solve this problem ourselves and must entrust it to another."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'We got caught up investigating Imix. If there are Sharrans, we will find them.'

Anastasia

With that...

Next move, Tryllcreature?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Let's get down to basics. Shar likes loss. So lets look for strings of destruction of public or private property, disappearances and/or murders, or strings of thefts.

Anastasia

Okay. It's still snowing and getting on the later side of things, are you gonna try during the evening or rest up? For that matter, going to go fetch Dana?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Ohh good idea! Tryll uses Correspond!

'Dana. We beat up an Imix cult and killed the fire elemental trying to murder the kingdom. Probably. Have you got any news on the Sharrans?'

Anastasia

'Yep,' Dana sounds relaxed, smug.
<Afina> Forever.