News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Enter Alyssa

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2018, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Check if any of the diviners got anything on their investigations. Check on the exploration groups. I'm sure by that time something else will have blown up."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Lorathana begins to speak but stops. For the door is thrown open, a young man entering. A page, dressed simply and gasping, "Ma'am! Ma'am! There's been a murder!" He leans forward, resting his hands on his knees. "Over on Starlight Island, in the Observatory!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa lifts the boy into the air and floats him back out over the threshold. "Boy, you will not barge into my rooms."

She begins to slowly spin him the air. "What are you going on about a murder now?"

Anastasia

"Y-yes ma'am!" The page boy blurts out, flailing in the air. He spins to your command as Lorathana merely raises an eyebrow and looks at you. "R-Researcher Mickel was found m-murdered in his rooms this morning. H-h-h-his ch-chest was torn open, ma'am!"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa sighs.

"See, this is why I don't plan for past lunch around here. Lorathana, go find Leogeon. His note taking will be needed. Page, lead the way."

Alyssa puts the boy back down on his feet. "And if you ever burst into my rooms like that again, I'm going to use you to test my rooms are high enough to launch a body into the ocean from."

Anastasia

The young man's color is completely pale, "B-b-but he t-told me too, m-m-ma'am!"  He blurts it out, quailing before you.

"Of course, ma'am," Lorathana agrees, "I'll have him meet you there."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"He told you to burst into my room without so much as a knock? First off, anyone who knows me will tell you that's a terrible idea. Secondly, who is 'he?' Thirdly, even if he did tell you to break into my room without warning, did no part of your brain warn you that it might be a poor life decision?"

Alyssa sighs. "Lorathana, get the practical use of magic instructors together for a meeting. Apparently I have to have them change the curriculum to include some damn common sense."

She turns back to the page and releases him. "Go tell this mysterious him that I'll be there shortly. I've got a few things to prepare and an already dead body won't be hurt by another few minutes. Lorathana, get the head of Necromancy down there. One of the diviners, too. A good one. An Abjurer, too. I'll be there shortly."

Going to give myself a few to do daily buffs here. I have my spells mostly prepped but haven't posted them because I have to play with metamagic adjustments.

Anastasia

All good, Iddy.

"Of course, ma'am," Lorathana remarks dryly.

"T-that is, I mean..." The young page stammers as...

Make an Intimidate check, please.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Don't have that skill, so Cha check it is

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19[/blockquote]

Anastasia

"Um...um...I was just t-told and I was j-ju-just doing as told, ma'am!" He manages to blurt out, eyes wide and wider by the moment.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well I'm telling you to apply common sense next time. A wizard who can't think before acting fails as a wizard. Now go on back to your duties."

Anastasia

The young page runs off, full tilt. Once he's gone Lorathana sighs softly, "Distressing. At least the story will increase the respect others pay to you, ma'am."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa snorts. "It's not about about respect for me. It's about forethought, planning, and common sense. I've seen wizards waste magic for too many things and die for simple things they've over looked. The number of wizards that hire rogues to check for traps in ruins is ridiculous when they could just animate a boulder or corpse. That kind of thinking starts in every day tasks. And blindly following orders is just as bad. Worse when you don't bother to consider the intent of them at all."

She shakes her head. "Anyway, go to your tasks. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Anastasia

Next move then, Alyssa? Investigating the murder, I presume?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

After buffing up, yeah. I'll just Dimension Door over.